Toowoomba

Fast Port and Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

Amazed by the lightning fast delivery and activation of my service. Spoke on the phone to a very helpful and understanding representative, highly recommend switching to moose have told all my family and friends

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for recommending us, Carlos. Welcome to Moose!

Monto QLD

• 4 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Take Note, Optus And Telstra !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Having experienced the Telstra and Optus interpretations of the word "service" over several years, I have come to the conclusion that I will avoid them like the plague in the future. So with their Networks being the only choices in my area, I chose to sign up with Moose recently.
I am pleased to say that, on top of the cost benefit, the change has been amazing !
First off, the SIM was quick to arrive, and activation was straight-forward easy.
Secondly, when I had a loss of connection after about 10 days, there was no waiting hanging on a phone line to talk to someone, and as a result a new SIM was here next day by Express Post. As it turned out, the problem was with my modem, and not a Telco fault.
So it looks like I will be a Moose customer for some time into the future. If you're looking for a new Telco Provider, I suggest you could do worse than giving Moose a go.

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for the excellent feedback, Adibabi! We're pleased to hear our customer service has been rated so highly by multiple customers, including yourself.

Sydney, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

Best Value for Money Out There

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I'm on a very economical prepaid plan with no lock-in contract and I couldn't be happier. The coverage is highly reliable and the customer service on Live Chat has been super helpful and lightning fast. Cannot fault the Moose mob, I am a very happy customer :-) Highly recommend this company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for the kind words on our service, Elaine! Good to see your experience with our live chat was helpful for you. We're always happy to help out if you have any questions.

Smooth signup and number porting

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

Initially I tried to sign up to a competitor's $10 plan but the online registration and porting request kept failing. Two online support requests went unanswered, as did a callback request left on their phone support number. Decided to try Moose instead after reading the reviews, and everything just worked. Have not had a need to contact support so I can't comment on that.

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Great to see everything worked smoothly for you, Chris! Should you ever need to contact customer support, we'll be happy to help you out with any issues or questions you have regarding your service. Thanks for choosing Moose!

Excellent Provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Fantastic. I have signed myself & 3 children up on different plans to suit our individual needs. I started with 2 plans because of there competitive plan offers and found they had great coverage with no problems what so ever. I then signed up for a 3rd plan with my remaining child and again 6 months later signed myself up. I haven't once had any problems or whinges.... fantastic provider and am extremely happy. My mum signed up with Moose Mobile and we both received a credit on our accounts! Really happy with Moose Mobile and would strongly recommend them.

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for the strong recommendation, Helen. And thanks for getting the whole family on board!

Geelong

Verified Customer

Everything promised had been delivered. Can't ask for more!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Coverage is via Optus... vastly improved in past year or two. Data speed is great - 15-90 Mb (usually at the top end of this range) and vastly better than the Telstra account I've been suffering for the past 20 yrs where 4G lately was 0.5-1Mb. Customer service with Moose can't be faulted. All of this for $34 per Mth on 10Gb plan postpaid and no lock-in contract ... sensational! Nice not to be taken for granted as a customer for a change. Telstra just don't get it - best mobile n/w ... oh really! Get real Telstra.

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for the great review, Stan! You're right about the Optus network and its recent improvements, since it recently won 'Best in Test' in a benchmark comparison made by a leading independent network tester, P3.

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Best Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I signed up on Wednesday night and received the SIM card on Friday, much quicker than the estimate of 3-5 business days. Activated the SIM online and my number ported in less than an hour. They even sent me email updates and SMS to tell me how long porting might take/has been completed. Coverage seems to be just as good as what I had previously with another provider. Satisfied customer! Highly recommend!

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for the high recommendation, Tim! Satisfied customers are our #1 aim, so it's nice to see your service was delivered and activated in a timely manner.

Fantastic Professional and Reliable - Amazing !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

After dealing with the big players for years these guys are the most professional and helpful team I have every had the pleasure to deal with. Efficient 22nd value for money and never a problem with coverage. So happy

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Glad to see you're happy with your service, Bugs. Thanks for choosing Moose!

I will tell my friends you are great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

I moved across to Moose from Vodafone today. The coverage is great , only 50% area can receive calls in my house with Vodafone before. Great value plan! Keep going Moose!!!

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for recommending us, Ken. We'll definitely keep going with customers such as yourself continuing to support us!

Happy I switched to Moose

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

The changeover from my old, expensive provider to Moose was quick and easy. The customer service was great and I’m saving over 50% and getting double the data. Thank you so much!

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks, Jen. It's always nice to save a bit of cash. Welcome to Moose!

Singleton

• 1 answer

Totally satisfied customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

I moved across to Moose from Telstra about 6months ago and I can't fault the service I've received so far . The plans are very affordable , the coverage is great and the customer service has been excellent . I highly recommend Moose Mobile .

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for recommending us, Chris! It's great to see you've enjoyed your time with Moose so far.

Cairns

• 12 helpful votes
Private message

Good service at great price

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

Network is good, at $9 a month value is very good. Switch was easy and support seems great although I've not tested customer service much as haven't had any issues.

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Welcome to Moose, Lucazading!

Great company

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

Good mobile provider and quick to switch to and excellent customer service
Optus network is reliable
My mobile is prepaid and the value is right given I do not want to be locked into plan

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for the review, bigpygmy!

Cant think how it could be better.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Great helpdesk; answered my question on the weekend
It was easy to churn my number with no hiccups
The 3/4g service is exactly the same as my previous Optus connection which I find excellent

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Great to see you're happy, Happy. Thanks for choosing Moose!

• 4 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 28 helpful votes
Private message

Great price for a good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

I switched over from Vodafone as I was done paying for their overpriced services. It was my first non-big company and I was very happy with the changeover and it was easy to do. They ported over my old number and I didn't have to deal with Vodafone at all to do this. I have been using them for about 5 months now. I occasionally lose data from the network - unsure why this happens occasionally (service is through Optus) , I can only recall this happening twice, and only one time was this a pain as I was trying to look at something on the net whilst out and about.

I rarely come close to using my 7GB of data for $34 a month, love that I get international calls included. Actually this was probably the only issue I had, I tried to call overseas and it hadn't been activated, but a quick email to the coming sorted that out without drama, so that's good.

I am leaving the network thanks to having to go back to a contract as sod's law my phone died, but I would definitely go back once my new contract runs out - can't beat the value for money!

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for the excellent review, Chanelley! We'll be happy to welcome you back in the future should you choose to return to Moose. Good luck with the new phone!

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Very responsive and supportive customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

Customer Service responded promptly to several queries that I had. They were also very supportive in sorting out a minor setup issue: They clarified what the issue was and went through the required steps to rectify it. Great to deal with.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for the kind words on our customer service, Bluezo! Part of the reason we're able to provide such supportive and friendly customer service is because of our policy to hire locals. It seems to be paying off!

I understood the customer service representative I spoke with was in India. Wherever he was, he did an excellent job.

outstanding service

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

Glad I switched from the big V.
I must say, the service you guys give me is brilliant, my previous provider cant match you.
replies to queries are always prompt, and easy to understand, and moose cares about me being a customer.

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for the recommendation, Monty!

Perth

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Only with them for a short time, but still a great experience.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I switched to Moose Mobile from TPG because I was having to pay for MMS messages at TPG which sucked.

The changeover was easy and the service provided by the Moose Mobile staff was great. I did have a few queries after switching to them, but everything was sorted with no hassles.

After around four months I decided to port my number over to ALDI Mobile, but this was purely because ALDI uses the Telstra network, and I do a lot of travelling to mine sites in WA which only have Telstra coverage available. Prior to this I had been using the Optus network through TPG for years with absolutely no dramas at all.

The only criticism I have is that the Moose Mobile app is very basic.

The great service continued, even after I notified Moose that I was going to make the change. They gave me all the info to make the transfer painless, and they even reversed a payment I had made, almost a week after they were not obliged to do so.

If only Optus had mobile towers on WA mine sites!

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Thanks for the great review, Greg! Glad to see your experience with us was a good one, and we hope to welcome you back in the future should Optus expand their network into the WA mine sites.

Good Service Good Price

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

The limiter is the Optus coverage in northern NSW, our plan is post paid, our $14 plan provides far more than $25 Telstra, the Aussie call centre is fantastic as is their Aussie Tech advice, the only down factors are poor Optus reception in some areas and not having a local shop ( like Telstra). But overall certainly no real regrets in changing. Would do it again despite the difficulties in changing one phone from Telstra.

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

Hi Lap, Thanks for the feedback regarding the service you received. It's good to see your experience with our customer service and tech teams was a positive one. In regards to your other feedbac... read more »

Good so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

Coverage good
Direct debit
Good value
Excellent customer service
Have been very happy with all aspects of moose highly recommend

Comments
Moose Mobile Official

It's awesome to see you've been happy with your service, PIP. Thanks for the recommendation!

1 of 26 pages

Hi there, I live in Perth,WA. How's your quality and coverage? Also I use alot of "Whatsapps". How easy is it to port your old mobile number across? Many thanks.

Pauline asked on Jun 19, 2018

Hi Pauline,

Thanks for the question. You can take a look at how good the coverage will be in your area by using our interactive coverage map on our website, linked below.

Porting your number across from your old provider is extremely easy. Once you've signed up and received your new SIM card in the mail you simply give us a ring or go online to activate. From there it's just a matter of waiting 4-12 hours for your transfer to complete. You won't lose your old service until it is complete, so you're never without a usable phone. Once your old service stops working you simply swap out SIMs and you're ready to go.

We'd be happy to answer any more questions you might have. You can also give our friendly customer service team a ring on 1300 566 673 and they'll be able to answer any questions or help you through the sign up process if you'd like.

Moose Mobile Support

Hi moose I have an Optus plan for my mobile and a Telstra plan for my I pad. Iam paying far to much given data I use on both. Do you have a plan for two devices and how would I connect my iPad as doesn’t have a sim? Thx sue

sue asked on Jun 16, 2018

Hi Sue,

Unfortunately we don't have any shared or linked plans that you'd be able to use on two devices. Since your iPad can't make use of SIMs your best option might be to wirelessly hotspot (tether) data from your phone to your iPad. This way you can use the data from your phone on both your phone and iPad.

I would suggest one of our larger data plans like our 30GB or 90GB plans (for $49 and $78 respectively) if you'd like to do this, as using data on two devices might chew through your allowance relatively quick.

This way you'll only need one plan and will have access to the internet using both your devices. The way in which you'll tether your iPad to your phone will depend on the model, but there should be a setting on your phone which will allow you to share your data with devices over wifi.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help.

Moose Mobile Support

What are the charges or restrictions if the data allowance is exceeded for say the mobile Moose 39 plan?

Geoff M asked on May 26, 2018

Hi Geoff,

If you exceed your monthly allowance of data you'll be charged for the excess data you use at 1.5c per megabyte, which is roughly $15 per gigabyte over. We'll only restrict your usage once you've spent $50 over your monthly allowance (roughly 3.5GB), after which you'll be barred until you pay for the overspend. This is the same for every plan.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help.

See all 48 questions about Moose Mobile