Filter By:

Shop Location: QLD, Slacks Creek

Store sales laughing at my selection

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Tried to purchase parts for my new gaming PC and it is close to closing time so no other customers. One of the store sales was keep laughing at my choice. Yelling out very loud mean comments like 'this won't fit', 'that is terrible' and keep yelling till I check out. It is MY choice and none of your business to comment. I will not go back even their price is good.

Shop Location: Online

One of their Birthday "Specials" yeah right!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

While on their website i was drawn to the banner for a 14:00 - 16:00 Flash sale for one of their birthday sales $10 for ALCATROZ X-Craft (HP-5 PRO) i click add to cart when it did i saw that it was a total of $19. I started a chat with the online website based customer service while i was waiting 30 mins for a response they changed the price and didn't honour the advertised price. Unfortunately for them i screen shot the price before getting in touch with them.

Not happy with their lack of customer focus.

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Auburn

They tried to sell me used cpu !!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Very dodgy shop. Ordered online from their website and received email saying that the order is ready.

Turned up the next day to pickup and waited few people in front me and the staff handed over the cpu i ordered which was clearly been used opened with thermal paste all over it.
I had no time to argue and told them to cancel it.

What a waste of my 2 hours trip !!!

Beware people..they will try to sell you used or returned goods as new. Pls make sure you check before paying.

Never ever again shop with this shop.

• 2 helpful votes

Shop Location: WA, Balcatta

hmmm bit dodgy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

went to their website to compair it to pc case gear and well not very good website, very chunky messy interface price are not cheap but not over the top can get fro over east for same price overall, loose the handling fee and maybe, by the way the webpage needs a big overhaul

Shop Location: NSW, Auburn

Cheap and service is ok

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

I normally buy computer stuff from MSY. The price is relatively cheap but sometimes you don’t get much support from the guys when trying to find a proper product.

Sunbury, VIC

• 2 comments

Shop Location: VIC, North Melbourne

The most accurate, professional and reliable technology retailer in Oz. Thanks MSY tech.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

I bought many items from them and I am extremely satisfied with everything.
Their posted items come in a box; fully wrapped and secured.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

Shop Location: WA, Cannington

worst

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

video card break down with in 2 months, I could not use computer for 4 weeks, because they have to send the card to NSW to get repaired. Then After 1 week it broken again, I did not want to wait 4 weeks again, so I bought new video card. but after 1 year later my hard drive broken, I went recovery shop, they said they need $800 to fix it.
and few weeks ago the power box burn out. I did save $200 because they are cheaper. but at end I lost my data my video card, and power supply within 3 weeks, 1 year and 2 years.
I had dell PC for 7 years, have not had any problems.

Does not abide by their Terms and Conditions - MSY Repair, Exchange and Refund Policy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

I had purchased a computer component from them that reduced price by a substantial amount a few weeks later. I informed them I still have the component still new, boxed and unopened and would like to return this for the price change to which their staff informed me that they would fix the issue and call me back.

I waited and they never called as promised and fixed the issue!

The MSY Terms and Conditions state that they would fix these types of price change issues but they do not abide by it.

They have very poor customer service, hard to contact and when they promised to call you back, they never do!

Ringwood, Victoria

• 6 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 41 helpful votes

Shop Location: VIC, Mitcham

Cheap hard drives and excellent warranty

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

On Friday afternoon I purchased a Seagate 2.5" FireCuda SSHD 1TB ST1000LX015 SATA Hybrid SSHD Hard Drive for $85 but on Monday morning they replaced it under warranty since it was faulty, which was extremely nice of them to do that for me.

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Hurstville

Good price and awesome product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

This is my second system I have purchased through MSY and can not complain about the price

Was cheaper to buy prebuilt system then to make myself and pricing compared to anything else I could find was beyond competitive

MSY buying experience is one that you need to know what you want and have done your research prior, you find the majority of complaints will be due to customer service or lack of.

Shop Location: Online

Cheap price.. Looooooong delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

After shopping around online for a simple SSD hard drive I found MSY had one in stock for a good price and paid online. Luckily I wasn't in a hurry to receive it. They state 1-3 days to dispatch so after 5 days with no shipment confirmation when I called and eventually got through to someone who was couldn't do any more than say "I'll send the warehouse a message". Fully two and a half weeks later the unit finally arrived. I hope it works as reading the reviews on this site I don't like my chances if it doesn't. Around the same time my wife ordered a pair of $40 shoes from the US and they arrived in 2 days, and a $25 bulky golf umbrella ordered from an obscure city in China arrived in 5 days - including the weekend! But in Australia a $100 hard drive that weighs next to nothing takes 17 days to get across the country. Australian companies complain about competition from overseas but it seems they have a lot to learn about logistics or will face extinction.

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, North Melbourne

No returns policy, lost money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

Purchased TP Link 822N from them and was not happy with the product. Manager refused the return although it was 2 days after purchase, saying that "if it works and was unpacked we do not accept it back". Packaging was provided with all items in it. Previously resolved such cases with PC Gear Case and Scorptec without any issues. Was my first purchase from MSY, will never buy from them again.

Shop Location: SA, Elizabeth

Cheap prices for cheap service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

Prices are good & that's about it terrible customer service went in looking to spend 3K onwards asked a couple of questions didn't even seem interested or helpful, ordered computer and I've since called 4 days in a day too be put on hold just to be hung up on before anyone answers.

Shop Location: NSW, Hurstville

Excellent service & assistance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

Bought components for a build from both Ultimo and Hurstville stores. Had issues 12 months later where they tested the components and arranged for warranty repair and replacement. Couldn't have been more helpful and patient with testing and advice. Had an issue in putting it back together where they asked me to bring the PC in and they tested and fixed it on the spot. Great service and a pleasure to deal with.

• 2 answers

Verified Customer Shop Location: WA, Cannington

MSY will provide the goods if you have researched its name, catalog number (if available) and availa

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

When I go to MSY stores in WA, I research the goods that I want to buy before I go there, so they know what it is, what the catalog number is, or a specific description, and THEN I make sure that they actually have it available at the store (easily done online). It is up to you to know what you are after. If you tell them that you want to buy a hard disk, then you need to know its size, make, model, manufacturer and so on, so they do not need ask you the details. I have found out that their prices are nearly always better than other suppliers. Only problems I had is that it is difficult to get them on the phone, and you cannot save their web pages in PDF format without the text being overwritten, but the Web pages saved in HTML format are all right.

Melbourne

Shop Location: SA, Adelaide CBD

I went to purchase a computer case..

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

I purchased a computer case at the MSY TECHNOLOGY in Currie Street Adelaide for a re - build and asked the sale rep behind the counter for some advise..
I told him I was re - building an older system for my motherboard and have standard internal HDD etc.
The sales rep seem to be in a hurry as there was a line behind me.
I had told him the specs I was after and wanted some relatively cheap.
I was sold an atx micro case and when I got home I went to install my all my components I was unable to install my HDD and CD rom.
I messaged MSY Technologies in Currie Street in Adelaide and told them the next day that I was unable to complete my rebuild and then they advised me that the case was not supported for an internal HDD, only for an external optical drive..
I had tried calling them prior to this for around 45 minutes!
I asked if I could bring in my case for a refund and was flatly told no!
I managed to get the number to their head office from another msy branch in melbourne, then I tried calling the head office of MSY TECHNOLOGY, but it continued to ring out and there was no option to leave a message..

I email again and demanded that I get a refund in a firm but nice manner and was completely ignored and recieved no more correspondence from them not even an exchange!!
Don't do business with them..

Shop Location: NSW, Kingsford

Click bait

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Price on their website was competitive. I went to their actual store, did not bother to order online as that specific store's website indicated availability. The item at that price was not available. But a different brand, similar purpose, was available at $8 more. Not big bucks, but that is not the issue. Asked why I was able to order online and pick up from this specific store, man said their "stock inventory never accurate". I asked if he could check if another store would have that item, he said he "cannot check, nobody will have it".

Brisbane

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Shop Location: QLD, IpswichBundamba

Best source for your Computer bits.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Best pricing. No problem with returns. Cheerful advice at my local store. That said, don't go to the main store and expect the same, they're overly busy during most times of the day.
They carry a great range at the best price. UMart are a close second. The local MSY has less stock that the main outlet, but that's ok. If I must have a particular item I'll drive 20 min more to get it.
I have not used their shipping.
Their website is a bit clunky. But that isn't why I buy there. I like a fair price, and they provide.

Shop Location: VIC, Brooklyn

Extremely terrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I called up MSY and requested to inquire about a product . MSY has the poorest customer service you can ever get. It is even lower than those utility type of companies. They are very passive aggressive and assume you know the product type and even model number, prices and specs ect?. Not everyone is a tech geek nor works at MSY, hence the phone call regarding the product???.
MSY needs better skilled trained people with tech ability and stronger interpersonal skills who enjoy talking to people than those who just want a day job getting paid and doing jack all. I find it depressing/disgusting. Next time I would pay a premium to buy elsewhere.

Warner

• 3 comments

Shop Location: QLD, Brendale

Better than UMart!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

A real difference in using MSY to other online suppliers. Order a computer build online. Not only delivered within the timeframe they stated but when the motherboard I asked for wasn't in stock they upgrade me without any additional costs. Totally different to my experience to UMart (Jan 2018). More than happy with MSY. You now have all my future business.

1 of 18 pages

Has anyone bought online? Gonna build 3 pc's for $3000 and I don't want anything to be faulty and I won't be able to get an exchange.

Austin R asked on Feb 12, 2016

Answer this

Have just placed an order. Will let you know if not satisfied.

I have purchased many products routers/ power supplies/ Mobo's , unfortunate I often have to return products in the first 2-7 days of operation due to manufacture faults, most of my purchases are in the MID range pricing (no discount bin), every 10 unit purchases from Ultimo shop NSW i return minimum 30%, i learnt quick/fast to KEEP ALL MANUFACTURE WARRANTY CARDS , my travels back to Ultimo shop is wearing thin & i wonder if MSY buy in bulk shady deals >?

i live up wollongong bought a mother board when i visit melbourne got home put it together it starts up for 4 seconds than turns of than on again until i to power off at power point i get no bois nothing comes up faulty board rang them up for 2 days trying to get contact with them what a pain finally got there than they stay ive to to bring mother board to them to test it i asked if i could mail it too them the reply was no than he said ill ask my boss well iam still waiting waste of $155.00 ps what i have to travel 850 klms to melbourne well say is poor service woldnt buy from this company my next step is consumer affairs
ps i had my say john from wollongong

OK as of 2014 (July forward), what are the summarizing reviews (Elizabeth store is most important) I need to know what the products quality is and wether I should shop there. please? very confusing reviews!!!

aschoneveld asked on Jul 30, 2014

Answer this

This was MSY at Auburn

MSY is good so long as you've checked the website for stock availability, and know exactly what you want. They aren't the place to go if you want to browse. In my experience (Ultimo shop) the products I've purchased have been fine so I've not had to return anything - which seems to be an issue for most people leaving negative reviews. I go there whenever I need new components, after researching exactly what I need.

Claiming warranty is a nightmare!... Customer service is not commendable either... It's been almost 2 months and still no word from them of the replacement of my warranty claim!.. dont even try calling their number because it took ages before I got any real person answering their phone... that one time that someone responded, she told me she will get someone get back to me that day for the status of the warranty claim and guess what... no one called. Tried calling again and no luck getting someone to answer the phone... so I went to their shop at Auburn and was told they have to wait for the replacement from the vendor... I asked for a refund instead and they say they cant refund because they have to wait for the responses of the vendor first... I've got no other option but to give them another week, then start reporting it to Fair Trading.