Filter By:

Canley Heights

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Extremely poor technical support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I am extremely disappointed with Mungi. It started out great with good staff and no issues at all. However, 6 months down the line, I start to experience multiple wireless connections dropouts. And as addressed by their technical support team, I raise a ticket to hopefully resolve my issue. This has already been one week where they have failed to fix my internet problem. They hold no accountability or responsibility for their issues.

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

live chat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

From day 1 i have all my questions replied too within 5 minutes. My connection has not dropped out once..i have had around 40/12 connection through syd pop/very happy on fttn.

Sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

No wonder it got almost perfect reviews!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

We just got our service activated. We were totally blown away by the stability and speed. Our previous provider, Fuzenet, is far cry from Mungi, not only with its speed but the price as well. I wish i could have found them sooner.

• 2 comments

Slow internet connection

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Unhappy nbn customer@Mungi. Tried to give chances asking mungi to investigate further. But in reality, they did not accept just speedtest from mobile device. Excuses with requiring further isolation test via ethernet. Congested network during peak with slow speed. Nothing they can fix further. Glad to move to new provider quicker.

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

We're sorry that you feel this way. Please note we're always willing and glad to help with any questions or queries. Our average ticket response time is less than 30 minutes from our 100% Australia... read more »

Thanks - so if you consider 3mbps over wifi 5ghz still reasonable during peak hour. Wifi is not congested as we are the only one use 5ghz network.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Amazing customer service and products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Switched internet provider after experiencing long term poor speeds and service from previous supplier and i’m glad I chose Mungi. Ran into issues when i placed an order as nbn was saying it wasnt available in my area yet although my neighbours had it.

Received great customer service from mungi.
They pushed nbn to get my address updated as it seems there was a glitch with Nbn’s database and kept me updated with the progress. Overall the transition has been good as speeds have always been great at anytime, can’t fault Mungi for their exceptional service.

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Very patient assistance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Abs is the most patient tech support person. I was frustratingly simple while trying to set up my modem and he was amazing. Not got one second did I feel like he was rolling his eyes at me..

Bendigo

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Mungi Internet - Excellent Internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Great speeds and service. I had an issue with a slow speed but it was the modem. Issue resolved very quickly thanks to live chat. Other than that the speeds have been around 45 + consistently and there has been no drop outs. The service has been the best I have experienced and a credit to the way they run their company.

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Online via Mungi's NBN HFC in 7 days

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Found out about Mungi Internet via Whirlpool.
Excellent communication and service,
Kept up-to-date with service order.
NBN service running as expected.
Thanks!

Sydney

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

After moving house the team at Mungi made relocating my NBN service quick and smooth and answered any questions I had.

Australia

• 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

There are pros and cons. We didn’t have the best experience.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

We were indeed respectful customers who treat people the way people would like to be treated. The way we are going to describe Mungis NBN service is by a pros and cons list, and is as follows:

Pros:
- Was connected when requested
- Good speeds when it was working
- Customer service was helpful

Cons:
- They got rid of their 100mbps customers, stating ‘All the best’ in their generic email to all of their customers connected on this plan, which we believe, to get rid of this plan and speed was a bad decision overall
- Complete service dropouts happened for various reasons, some of which were not explained
- They acted like they were a somewhat big brother, which was not right
- And they disconnected our NBN service two days too early when we decided to continue our plan with another provider after they got rid of their 100mbps plans, and we had paid up to a certain date, and they revoked the ability to send tickets through.

We feel 3 stars is then valid for these reasons, cheers and thank you.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Best service ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Best service ever! After having the worst experience with TPG I decided to give Mungi a shot. I had to change my appointment from morning to afternoon and they were very accommodating. The technician was very good too! He was very knowledgeable and got the job done quickly. I would recommend Mungi to everyone. I love Mungi as much as I hate TPG

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

Hi Sam, Thanks for your positive feedback. Really glad to hear about your positive experience :)

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Fine if you only want to download or stream locally but for International (most things) FORGET IT!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Mungi tells me (Quote) "We have no control of connectivity with international servers."
I get about a realistic 64 kb/s download speed from a major international server (www.wetransfer.com) (YES I SAID KB!) This is something that I require frequently for my business! Mungi keeps telling me to do a local speed test, which I find insulting! YES, local speeds are fine but it is the World WIDE WEB and the majority of things that I use / need are in fact overseas... By the way, when tethered to my phone on the 4g network, I get around 6 to 8 Mb/s download speeds from exactly the same server (YES, MB this time) ... This is very roughly 125 times faster than Mungi!!! Remind me again why I pay for this absolute joke?! I have been on the phone with them time and time again... and now they simply remove responsibility by saying "We have no control of connectivity with international servers." I am forced to leave 1GB files to download overnight... Not exactly practical in the year 2018 is it? On the plus side, they are friendly people but the service is rubbish! So, it's time to move on for me...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

Hey Nick, Sorry to hear about your experience. I've been working with you to resolve this issue. I last contacted you a few days ago asking you to test further, however, we haven't heard back. Lo... read more »

Really, I have replied with test results and all info requested... Your last one asked me if it had changed / improved to which I gave you an answer - NO, Current download speed around 150 Kb/s to this server.

• 1 comment
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

All talk no action

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

After reading all the great reviews was pretty excited to sign up with Mungi. Signed up on 06/08/2018 to be activated on 20/08/2018 and after more than 10 days still waiting to be connected and since Friday evening been offline with no internet. Only positive is my inquiries have been replied promptly and every time have been advised it’s been escalated and prioritised.

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

Hi Nav, Apologies for the delays with getting you connected. FTTC is a new process for Mungi and our wholesaler. We're glad to hear in the end that you were able to get online. Most connections ta... read more »

Batemans Bay

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great company, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

After getting constant dropouts with my previous provider, I made the jump to Mungi and quickly realised i should have done this much sooner. Very responsive customer service...and they often are around after hours to help out. Connection is much better than my previous provider and their online account management tools are easy to navigate. Other isps could take learn a few lessons from Mungi. Well done :)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

Thanks for choosing Mungi! Fantastic to hear about your experience. Please let us know if we can help with anything else :) Please reach out to us if you have any questions about your service

Coburg North

Very impressive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

No fuss in ordering and setup and most importantly, i have got what is advertised! They say 50 down and I’m getting an average of about 46-49! My previous provider was giving me between 12-25! No hesitation in recommending this great little company. Great value, great service and great quality. Thanks Mungi people - happy to fly the flag for you!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

Gold Coast

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Aussie support and easy activation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

We were with iinet for many years. They started out great but something changed and now they are absolutely useless. I complained but had no response so I signed up to Mungi who has Oz support and they have been easy to deal with so far. Ill be staying with Mungi as long as this doesnt change.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Nothing is perfect, but..... Mungi is close!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Following extensive reviews of ISPs in Australia, I finally settled on Mungi. Unfortunately, because my area was only recently FTTC enabled, Mungi's wholesaler didn't have the systems in place for an active connection. In the interim, I looked for other providers, but unfortunately the other ISP I had also selected could not get me connected until the end of September. Patience was the key, so I waited for Mungi, who were working with their wholesaler to get me connected. Eight weeks later I am finally connected for about a week, on the 50/20 plan although I had originally signed up for 100/40 plan. Much has been said about Mungi dropping the 100/40 plan, and I am still sitting on the fence as to whether I need that extra speed.

I was literally connected within 30 min of plugging in the supplied NCD, and then attaching the supplied DLink router. Abs from Mungi rang me and talked me through the setup of the router to get connected. So far the speeds have been extremely consistent (high 40s download, and high teens upload) at all times of the day. I do not see any congestion or dropouts.

The highlight for me has to be the excellent customer service; it's beyond reproach. No question is too simple, and always answered promptly from knowledgeable staff.

If you are looking for an NBN provider, with no setup fees, no lock-in contract, excellent customer service and a great NBN service, then look no further; Mungi is the ONE. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Finally a review worth leaving!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I signed up with internode, and was not impressed with their pricing. Two weeks later I approached the parent company tpg, and explained my situation to see if tpg would waiver the signup fee on some of their more affordable plans if I switched over to tpg the answer was no.

Mungi on the other hand, had my service up and running on the same day, with no connection fees, $6 dollars less and 4 x the speed nbn 12 to nbn 50.

Mungi right now might not suit customers looking for that nbn 100 plan right now, but the trade off for excellent service, and customer care is well worth it.

Good job Mungi while I continue to use the nbn, I will support your company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

victoria

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

you actually get what you pay for

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Everything about mungi has been awesome great price great service and actually get the speed that we pay for.
Would recommend to everyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

Great Customer Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

I requested the delivery address change for the modem which was no trouble. Time frame for setup was only two days. (requested Friday, activated Saturday). However, I had real trouble setting up the modem. It came pre-configured to the wrong settings and I (from the stone age) had to redo all the settings with help from the customer support people at Mungi (Sandra, you're a champion). This took a couple days but Customer Support walked me through it and made sure everything was running as it should.
The internet connection itself feels quite slow for what I was expecting, which is weird because this is my first experience with NBN and it's slower than my old house's ADSL connection. It's fast enough but is a little frustrating. The connection can drop out once every couple days but its back within a couple minutes. I feel the connection and speed issues might be because I had to set up the modem and its might not be running at optimum capacity (or the cheaper modem may be inadequate) for the speeds I want.
Overall excellent customer service, even without a call centre. Just a tad disappointed with my connection and speed, which may or may not be because I don't know how to setup a modem properly.

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

1 of 19 pages