Mungi Internet is no longer trading/available.

Filter By:

Katoomba, NSW

• 3 comments
  • 44 helpful votes

Absolutely Unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Received an email on 21/11/2018 stating they have closed up shop and stopped the internet immediately without any prior communication. This is an outrage as I am without internet (and I work from home) and it will be days before I can get hooked up again. Plus I paid my last invoice for service until 4th December 2018. Absolutely disgusted.

Australia

• 12 helpful votes

Great while it lasted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Mungi was a great NBN FTTN provider, never had a problem with them in the 3 months I was with them. Speed was consistently fast and the monthly price was cheap. Unfortunate to hear of Mungi going into voluntary administration, no communication until the day after my internet stopped working. Was great while it lasted! RIP Mungi November 2018.

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Unprofessionals

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

They have closed the business and stopped the internet immediately without informing the customers. We are now without internet and no one can connect their new services in few hours so we have to wait for 3-5 business days.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Canberra

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Voluntary Administration Today!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Unfortunately, Mungi Internet has gone into voluntary Administration as of 20 November 2018. They were a great internet provider.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Excellent NBN service provider!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

I got connected with Mungi today. After the NBN technician installed the modem my service got activated less than an hour. I even didn't have to contact them to activate the service.

I have been monitoring the speed and everytime it averages between 47~48 mbps /18~19 mbps, since I am on their NBN 50 plan. The speed doesn't get affected in peak times at all.

Their support is excellent and knowledgeable. I am happy that I am supporting a local business rather supporting to the big Telco's.

Keep up the good work Mungi!!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 10 helpful votes

Responsive & helpful customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I am using Mungi nbn50

Pros:
- Awesome support (they could reply tickets within an hour, they still reply on weekends)
- The connection speed is usually great (they mention: 45 Mbps download, up to 20 Mbps; I can get: 45 Mbps download, 13 Mbps upload), but occasionally much slower

Cons:
- They might not value existing customers. I signed up last year with $15 discount for life, but now my plan is not any better than their new plans or than other providers. (Thinking of switching to a cheaper provider, although I might miss their good support)

Great "no fuss" provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

I have been with mungi for about 6 months now.
They are a great alternative if you are looking to get away from the tentacles of TPG.
I was a bit disappointed when they removed their 100mbps tier of NBN but the 50mbps is ok.
Pretty stable internet, no issues beyong slowdown at peak times, I have observed slowness between 5pm and 10pm
Overall Mungi are a great provider and one of the cheapest too.
Plus no lock in contract is really nice.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Excellent customer support talking us patiently through all the issues to get set up. Very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

The connection is very reliable. The NBN technician let us down first time, but Mungi was most helpful getting it sorted out.

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Haven't seen any unknown dropouts - as I monitor my home connection from an external service.
Extremely quick service, and I like knowing I'm supporting a local Victorian business.
Once NBN had activated the service I was online straight away and NBN was able to test speed while they were still onsite.
There was a CGNAT issue which I was easily able to change via the online portal, however would have been appreciated to document this in the online knowledge base. This was advised in the fine print, and wouldn't affect most internet users so definitely understand the reasons for this.

Toowoomba

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Quite good, to start with

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Started off very well, very fast changeover from previous NBN supplier and there were some good months of service. The problems started post 'upgrade' when I could no longer download podcasts and Audible books (10-15KB/s download speed, timeouts). After around two weeks of troubleshooting (and factory modem resets) and bad internet I was advised to migrate to a faster plan. Everything was fixed by transferring to another ISP's same-speed service.

Canley Heights

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Extremely poor technical support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I am extremely disappointed with Mungi. It started out great with good staff and no issues at all. However, 6 months down the line, I start to experience multiple wireless connections dropouts. And as addressed by their technical support team, I raise a ticket to hopefully resolve my issue. This has already been one week where they have failed to fix my internet problem. They hold no accountability or responsibility for their issues.

live chat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

From day 1 i have all my questions replied too within 5 minutes. My connection has not dropped out once..i have had around 40/12 connection through syd pop/very happy on fttn.

Sydney

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

No wonder it got almost perfect reviews!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

We just got our service activated. We were totally blown away by the stability and speed. Our previous provider, Fuzenet, is far cry from Mungi, not only with its speed but the price as well. I wish i could have found them sooner.

• 2 comments

Slow internet connection

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Unhappy nbn customer@Mungi. Tried to give chances asking mungi to investigate further. But in reality, they did not accept just speedtest from mobile device. Excuses with requiring further isolation test via ethernet. Congested network during peak with slow speed. Nothing they can fix further. Glad to move to new provider quicker.

Comments
Mungi Internet Official

We're sorry that you feel this way. Please note we're always willing and glad to help with any questions or queries. Our average ticket response time is less than 30 minutes from our 100% Australia... read more »

Thanks - so if you consider 3mbps over wifi 5ghz still reasonable during peak hour. Wifi is not congested as we are the only one use 5ghz network.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Amazing customer service and products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Switched internet provider after experiencing long term poor speeds and service from previous supplier and i’m glad I chose Mungi. Ran into issues when i placed an order as nbn was saying it wasnt available in my area yet although my neighbours had it.

Received great customer service from mungi.
They pushed nbn to get my address updated as it seems there was a glitch with Nbn’s database and kept me updated with the progress. Overall the transition has been good as speeds have always been great at anytime, can’t fault Mungi for their exceptional service.

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Very patient assistance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Abs is the most patient tech support person. I was frustratingly simple while trying to set up my modem and he was amazing. Not got one second did I feel like he was rolling his eyes at me..

Bendigo

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Mungi Internet - Excellent Internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Great speeds and service. I had an issue with a slow speed but it was the modem. Issue resolved very quickly thanks to live chat. Other than that the speeds have been around 45 + consistently and there has been no drop outs. The service has been the best I have experienced and a credit to the way they run their company.

Online via Mungi's NBN HFC in 7 days

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Found out about Mungi Internet via Whirlpool.
Excellent communication and service,
Kept up-to-date with service order.
NBN service running as expected.
Thanks!

Sydney

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

After moving house the team at Mungi made relocating my NBN service quick and smooth and answered any questions I had.

Australia

• 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

There are pros and cons. We didn’t have the best experience.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

We were indeed respectful customers who treat people the way people would like to be treated. The way we are going to describe Mungis NBN service is by a pros and cons list, and is as follows:

Pros:
- Was connected when requested
- Good speeds when it was working
- Customer service was helpful

Cons:
- They got rid of their 100mbps customers, stating ‘All the best’ in their generic email to all of their customers connected on this plan, which we believe, to get rid of this plan and speed was a bad decision overall
- Complete service dropouts happened for various reasons, some of which were not explained
- They acted like they were a somewhat big brother, which was not right
- And they disconnected our NBN service two days too early when we decided to continue our plan with another provider after they got rid of their 100mbps plans, and we had paid up to a certain date, and they revoked the ability to send tickets through.

We feel 3 stars is then valid for these reasons, cheers and thank you.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes