Review rating:

Verified Customer

Great Experience with Lynn!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

We requested via the India Oddysey web site an itinerary of the Golden Triangle of India to include Ranthampore. Lynn Liu responded very quickly with an excellent itinerary to exactly fit our dates and proposed an upgrade to the hotels we requested. We reviewed the trip and Lynn was very responsive to our requests and questions. She made the difference in our decision to go with Odyssey. We look forward to continuing to work with Lynn and are confident this will be a great trip.

Verified Customer

This company has made a life long customer! Just amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Just returned home from an amazing vacation in Sri Lanka and I have Odyssey tours to thank! They made planning this trip almost effortless and organized anything and everything we needed help with. My travel consultant, John Hu was the BEST! When planning the trip, he helped organize the best route to take, found great places for excursions, and was always punctual when I had questions in emails. Even during our trip John was following up and seeing if everything was going according to schedule. I would 100% recommend using odyssey tours and asking for assistance from John Hu. You have made a life long customer because of the excellent service you’ve provided. Also, a special thank you to our guide/driver that Odyssey Tours selected, Dee. He was knowledgeable, friendly, trustworthy, and always arrived right on schedule. It wouldn’t have been the same experience without him! He always gave us great information and tips while showing us around Sri Lanka, we always felt safe in his care, and he always went above and beyond to make sure we’ve seen everything we wanted. Odyssey Tour’s guide/driver selection did it right when choosing Dee! Thank you again for an amazing adventure, Odyssey Tours! :)

My solo Indian Adventure with Odyssey Tours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

I had such a very wonderful trip touring northern India.
It really will be one I remember for my whole life. I was a single traveller, so lots of my friends and family were concerned that I would travel on my own, but Odyssey provided excellent service, and I always felt looked after and safe.

There was only one small issue around transfer times for one flight, these were totally resolved after I raised awareness to my local rep - they stepped in and provided an extra half day of touring- the issue was resolved very quickly. As a result, I feel that I was taken very good care of- which increases my satisfaction with the service provided.

I was very well taken care of. The tour ran smoothly, the guides were very knowledgable and clear. The drivers were all excellent and very safe.

I had one particular driver for most of the week, his name was Mr. Raspal Singh. He drove me in Delhi, to Agra, to Ranthambore and Jaipur- he was excellent, a very safe driver, very attentive, I had his number should I need any help day or night, he was always friendly and ready with my bottled water. His care and attention to detail really stood out, I can only commend the company on the standard of care provided through Raspal.

I would like to thank you again for what was a fantastic adventure. Since returning, I have been more than happy to recommend Odyssey to everyone! I look forward to using the company again soon, I feel I need to explore more of southern India!!!

A special thank you to my tour organiser - who was always on hand, phoned to check I was content during the week, and followed up quickly on any question or concern - Mavis - thank you for such a wonderful experience and your excellent customer service.

Tour to Cambodia and Thailand

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Mia was fantastic. I was not very involved in the booking of the tour directly, but with all of the communication that was sent there were no questions unanswered. She was very knowledgeable about the area.

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear PBS, Thank you for sharing with us your experience! Your kind words really encourage us to get better and better, we sincerely hope that you could explore other destinations with us in the f... read more »

Verified Customer

6 amazing days in China (Beijing, Xian, Chengdu)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

We went on a 6 day independent tour with Odyssey Tours in China (Beijing, Xian, Chengdu). The trip was amazing! Here is a summary of our experience with Odyssey:

1. The booking and consultation process was super easy. Our booking consultant, Vincent, was super responsive and did not get annoyed that I asked so many questions. As a result I felt confident to book their tours.

2. All the drivers and the guides in Xian and Chengdu were great. The guide in Xian (Kevin) and Chengdu (Belle) were wonderful, especially Kevin who was exceptional. Both guides were very attentive to our individual needs (my husband and my son have severe food allergies to almost 90% of all food), and both went out of their ways to make sure we can get the right food which is not easy. Both also recommended and took us to interesting places that weren't on our itinerary.

Kevin was exceptionally good. He clearly had a plan for the entire day. He was very knowledgeable about everything we saw and taught us the history of each place. He knew the best places to stand at the Terra-cotta soldiers and had a prepared description at each spot. He was very proactive about teaching us (we did not have to wait to ask questions) and our children about each location and while we were driving to a location.

He took many great pictures of our family. He knew where to stand and ever set up the iPhone so that the pictures came out nice. He is certainly one of the best guides we have ever had.

Overall the trip exceeded our expectations and we would definitely use Odyssey Tours again.

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Sharon, We are happy you had a great time in China with the local guides. Kevin is a gem of Odyssey and he has made a big number of happy clients like you. Moreover, there are many guides lik... read more »

Amazing China - 14-day independant tour

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

8 friends - 14 day Independent Tour - Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Guilin, Yangshuo, Chongqing, Yangtze Cruise, Yichang, Shanghai.
After receiving a few quotes, we quickly decided to book with Odyssey. I myself, having worked in the travel industry all of my 35 year career, was a little hesitant having not booked via a offshore website before for a personal holiday with 7 friends. Apart from the price being very reasonable for the suggested itinerary, it was the quick response and thorough professionalism of our consultant Vivian which sealed the deal. From the outset Vivian made my friends & I feel very comfortable to proceed booking our holiday of a lifetime with Odyssey Tours.
The quality and standard of everything including transfers, the guides, hotels, tours and food/restaurants was absolutely excellent! We are extremely happy with the service received on, and still a little overwhelmed by the wonders of, our fantastic trip in China! I am so pleased I booked through Vivian, and Odyssey Tours exceeded our expectations. I would recommend them in the highest regard. A Brilliant care-free Holiday!
Thank you very much Vivian and Odyssey Tours!

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Gra, Thank you for choosing Odyssey as your tour operator and thank you for your kind feedback! As our goal is to provide satisfactory travel experiences to our customers, your positive revie... read more »

Egypt and Morocco with My Odyssey Tours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

Egypt and Morocco tours were booked online through Daniel Laing of My Odyssey Tours. His pre-trip advise was helpful and queries answered promptly. Adjustments were made to the itinerary to suit our requests. The helpful local staff who assisted us were polite and respectful. The tours ran smoothly and were all we could have hoped for. All made easier by Daniel's constant attention to detail. Many thanks Daniel.

10 Days in Vietnam

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2018

We booked with Indochina Odyssey Tours for a 10 day 2 person private tour of Vietnam. Mia Wang was our consultant and booking agent. She did a completely excellent job of setting up this awesome adventure and followed up along the way to ensure our satisfaction and happiness. From the hotels, meals, guides, transportation and venues we visited (all included in our tour price) it was a very, very memorable vacation. Our evenings were free to explore the cities we stayed in and we had excellent guides to handle all the logistics and language in each city. Vietnam is an affordable vacation compared to say, Europe. The people, food, and different landscapes were the most memorable parts of our trip. My friend and I are both 70+, but in good health and active. We enjoy immersing ourselves in a country's culture. Mia tailored our trip to fit our interests and adventurous spirits.

This was our first time in Asia and each city equally had it's charms. The colorful and bountiful markets in each was a highlight. The cooking classes, street food, Ha Long Bay overnight cruise, Mekong Delta visit and the French and American War museums were a sober reminder of our past involvement there. Never did we feel unwelcome or unsafe anywhere in Vietnam. The Vietnamese are obviously committed to creating a tourist-friendly environment there. I would unhesitatingly recommend a trip to Vietnam through Indochina Odyssey tours, and Mia in particular.

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Craig, Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the time with Odyssey Tours. Odyssey Tours offer customized tours, it ensures we can make the itinerary t... read more »

OUR TRIP WITH MY ODYSSEY TOURS TO INDIA, NEPAL AND BHUTAN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2018

After researching other travel companies, we selected My Odyssey Tours for our trip to India, Nepal and Bhutan, and we are extremely happy that we did so. Our travel adviser at My Odyssey, John, was very helpful and informative and worked quickly and patiently with us in the planning stage. We made numerous additions and modifications and John always was right there to assist, and if he thought necessary, make suggestions which always turned out to be the right suggestions.
The actual trip was flawlessly executed by Odyssey and their contacts in the 3 countries. There was never a mis-cue, or a missed transfer--everythiing was perfect, and I think it was no small feat, given the fact that we traveled to 3 distinctly different countries. Our drivers were always friendly and helpful, and all the guides were well informed about the places and sights that we visited.
We heartily recommended My Odyssey Tour to anyone traveling to any of the destinations that they serve. You will be well taken care of.
Courtney and Mary Goff--22 day private tour of India, Nepal and Bhutan.

Odyssey made Cambodia a reality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

My family booked a 7-day tour of Cambodia through Claire Jiang of My Odyssey Tours. After learning what we wanted out of the tour a fantastic itinerary was planned with stops in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. Not long before travel, we had to adjust the schedule ahead by a couple days, and Odyssey worked very hard to accommodate us. Throughout the process, they were very responsive and answered emails promptly. The tour ended up being everything we hoped for and more. Hotels, guides, drivers were all excellent and I would highly recommend this tour agency.

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Jim, Thanks for your comments. I just send your comments to Claire, she very happy that you satisfied with the services and you encourage her to be better and better. She sends her regards to... read more »

Greenwich, CT

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Family Trip to Egypt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

This was our first trip with Odyssey. I shopped around other travel agencies but the Odyssey was the best overall in terms of price and customer service. I took my 2 teenage daughters to Egypt. Thomas at Odyssey was very helpful putting together the itinerary within our budget. He is a true expert planning your trip. I was very comfortable working with him and his responses were always quick and informative. We visited every sight we wanted to see and more and the schedule was set so that it was not too much in one day and we had time to relax as well. The guides they provided locally were excellent as well. Shimaa was very sweet and she arranged a birthday cake for my daughter who happened have her 18th birthday during the trip in Cairo. Sheerf, the driver in Cairo was also very helpful and patience with us. I greatly appreciate their service. Saber in Aswan/Luxor was a great guide also, who knows the history of Egypt well and I will miss his funny jokes. This trip was one of the best trips I took and it will be a memorable one forever.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Another great tour

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Another awesome tour organised by Odyssey Tours. Catherine Wang did a great job of creating and customising an awesome tour of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city. Nothing was too hard and all our requests were taken care of. Great communication and organisation.

Our Hanoi guide Miss Trinh was very knowledgeable and took good care of us.

Our HCMC guide Mr. Dat was undoubtedly the best guide we have had in our travels. He was extremely good.

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Ankur, Thanks a lot for traveling with Odyssey! Great to know that you just enjoyed a lifetime journey with us to Vietnam. Our top goal is to creat as many happy clients as you. Catherine, M... read more »

Verified Customer

Bhutan - a country of spiritual rejuvenation and mythical folklores

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

We did a 12 day hike and trek with Odyssey during mid March 2018. Eric Kong was our Odyssey travel facilitator who did a great job for us. We wanted a customized private trip for two, and he most definitely delivered on that request for us. We had used his services in the past for our trip to Myanmar 3 years ago.
Our trip to Bhutan was just mind blowing, as it was most spiritually uplifting to hike to the less tourist traveled temples in Bhutan, and of course the infamous Tigers' Nest (you will get the best experience of the sacred temple and soak in its mythical aura in peace and quiet if you start your hike early before 9am like we did with the guide, and avoid the crowd).
In the middle of our trip, we also did a 3-day Bumthang Owl Trek and it was most definitely about the journey - not so much the destination as we hiked through spookily beautiful rhododendron forests and up icy creeks and ravines and through yak trails up and down the valley. Hearing the owls at night was just surreal. It was the best trekking experience we've had. If only the weather had cooperated, we would have had a bird's eye view of the Himalayan mountains but alas it was not meant to be. When you do a trek, you have to go with minimal expectations as the weather can change on you in a minute at 13000 ft. in spring time. So the views may not have been there, but it was the hiking and trekking experience and meeting the local people, and the stray dogs and puppies along the hikes, that we will fondly remember always.
Thanks much to Odyssey and Bhutan Enlightened Travel and Tours for keeping our best interests at heart and making sure each hike was different and memorable.

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Callie R, Thanks for sharing your experiences here. You can see that besides the South East Asia, we can also arrange tours to south Asia, we have many destinations for our clients, China, Mi... read more »

Exciting trip to Morocco

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

This is our second trip with Odyssey Tours.
Our trip was amazing and we are very satisfied with the service.
Our contact Mavis Jiang was very patient and thoughtful when she put our itinerary together. She was very attentive and open to requests and suggestions on how we want our trip to be.
Our driver - Oussama Benboubker Naciri was great; and our Marrakesh rep, Fatima, was very nice and attentive.
Thank you Odyssey Tours for a wonderful experience. We’re looking forward to another trip with you.

Perfect Tour of Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

My husband and I just returned home from an unforgettable 25-day day tour of Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. To say that it went well beyond our expectations would be an understatement. Our tour was arranged to the minutest detail by Mia Wang of Indochina Odyssey Tours who helped us customize our trip considering our personal interests and the appropriate pace for our age. She guided us on all our needs and, while our tour was ongoing, checked in on us occasionally to make sure everything was running smoothly. At first, we were concerned that we would be exhausted taking five internal flights and having to change hotels every two to five days but the pace of our tours was not rushed and we always had some time to ourselves to regain our energy, enjoy a massage or take a dip in the pool. Yet, we saw the most amazing sights, learned a lot about the history of each country, and dined like royalty…all without breaking the bank. We wish to mention especially our guide in Saigon and the Mekong Delta, Nguyen Hoia An (Andrew), who was scholarly, kind, and attentive; Linh Tran, who guided us in Hue, Danang and Hoi An, a dynamic, bright, and cheerful young woman; and Vannak who impressed us with his mastery of the history of the Khmer temples around Siem Reap. Our hotels were exceptional--we felt pampered as each of them gave us a welcome drink upon arrival, or a welcome massage, or "mocktail" with snacks while we were checking in. The included lunches were always delicious and abundant and gave us a true flavor of the cuisines of all three countries. The drivers were skillful and always had a bottle of cold water and cold towel ready for us. One of them, Nhat, who drove us from Hue to Hoi An, even engaged us in conversation with his outstanding English. Most importantly, the people we met were warm, hospitable, and attentive and they added greatly to our enjoyment of the trip. Our personal thanks to Mia Chang and two thumbs up to Odyssey Tours for a very well-organized exceptional tour of Indochina!

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Maricoy, Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Mia and the team very happy you had great time with us, and you encourage us to be better and better. Odyssey Tours offer customized tou... read more »

Verified Customer

Fantastic experience in Vietnam.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I was looking for a trip that would need the needs of my 16 year old grandson's interest and school schedule. I found Indochina Odyssey online and gave them my criteria. I worked with Mia Wang. She did an excellent job of arranging a fantastic 10 day visit. The hotels were beautiful and offered pools and spa services after a long day of sightseeing. The excursions were aried, informative and entertaining. Our guides and drivers were great. Each of our three guides were personable and knowledgeable. We truly enjoyed our interaction with them. I would highly recommend Indochina Odyssey, especially Mia Wang. She arranged everything for us and was also available to answer questions or concerns. What a great experience this was!

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Nola, Thanks for your comments. I am glad to hear that you had great time with Odyssey Tours. I forward your comments to Mia, she was very happy and send her best regards to you. I hope we can... read more »

A Great Tour Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

This is our second experience with My Odyssey tours and we can’t praise the organisation and Eric Kong highly enough. This is a great way to tour with support without feeling like a sheep in a faceless mob. My Odyssey tours select wonderful local guides and keep you very well informed before and during your trip. I highly recommend them.

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Mirella R, Thanks for sharing your experience here. Odyssey Tours offers customized tours by one-to-one services, your travel consultant will tailor-make your tour to cater to your interests ... read more »

Awesome Sri Lanka with Odyssey Tours

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

From the very first email Catherine Wang at Odyssey Tours was fantastic! Her replies to my enquiries were prompt and she came up with the perfect tailor made 16 day tour which suited our needs.Even when I needed to make some changes to the trip she had no problem adjusting everything and nothing was ever too much trouble. Our Hotels for the duration of the tour were of an exceptional standard for the “3 star” we were expecting! Our driver/guide Sampath (Sam) was the most helpful and kind person with an outstanding knowledge of his beautiful country.I think it was due to his wealth of information that we developed a good understanding and an appreciation of this exceptional country and its people.He went out of his way to look after us and make us comfortable. I will be highly recommending this company to anyone who wants to travel to this area.

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Christine, We were so pleased to receive your correspondence and we accepted your compliment with gratitude and pride. Thank you very much for choosing Odyssey and thank you very much for you... read more »

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

I first heard about Odyssey Tours through a travel blogger that I found through web research. The message from the travel blogger was essentially that if you wanted personalized service, Odyssey was the way to go. I have travelled twice with Odyssey - a short visit to Beijing and a tour in India with several friends. Leila Deng was my Odyssey contact for both. Leila was patient, responsive and reliable in accommodating our various request and changes. I would not hesitate to recommend her services....and we had very good experiences on both trips!

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Ortoa, Thank you for your kind words on our services. We regarded your satisfaction as an honor and recognition in our service and felt proud of it. At China Odyssey Tours, we realize that eac... read more »

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Vietnam Cambodia Private Tour 18 days

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Eric from Odyssey Tours organised our holiday and made it amazing. Everything was fantastic from our guides through to the wonderful hotels we stayed in and the included meals. It was so easy all the way from being picked up at the airports and taken to our hotels, all the organised tours etc.

We are older in our mid to late 60s and not particularly fit. There was a lot of walking and stairs which I don't do well. Our guides all went out of their way to make everything as easy as possible for us. We sometimes cut short a day of sightseeing when we were just too tired and this is the beauty of being on a private tour.

I highly recommend Odyssey Tours. Five star all the way.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
My Odyssey Tours Official

Dear Katherine N, Thanks for your comments. The team was encouraged and happy to know that you had great time with us. Eric sends his best regards to you and your family. Odyssey Tours offers cust... read more »

1 of 14 pages