Review rating:

Wyndham

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Small price to pay for peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

This was our second build and keen not to make the same mistakes we did the first time, engaged New Homes Inspections based on the recommendations of others in a Facebook group. Havent been let down at all. Tim is great value, and very knowledgeable. He picked up things I wouldnt have even thought to look for. We've been pretty lucky with our builder that there havent been any major issues anyway, but the ones he did highlight... the site supervisor was willing to fix because of the reputation of New Homes and that unless it was an issue, they wouldnt mention it.

I was spurred on by a friend of mine and their bad experience with their builder, but they had an Inspector and it literally saved their bacon which convinced me we should have one too.

Not going to lie, the price is a little out there, but not as steep as some others... but on the whole, you're paying a total of like 1% of your build price for their expert inspectors to make sure that everything is above board and not just hidden away because you dont know what to look for.

Long story short, highly recommend them,

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

As a business, we really appreciate the time that you took out of your day to write us such a kind review. We loved assisting you through your new home build in Armstrong Creek. Thank you for the f... read more »

Victoria

Private message

Recommend for all new home builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

My first time building a house, I had no clue on any details on construction. I explain all to Amber who helped so well and from point to point and relaxed me saying they take care of everything. It was hard to believe as some ppl always talk negative but I had full hope with New Home Inspection. Amber organised all my dates and communicated very well with me and made sure I follow all the steps the right way.
I recommend the company to anyone who is new for building and make sure your builders do the right thing. I didn't have any issue with my property and it was such a great dicition I made. So happy with you guys. Thank you so much Ambet and also Andrew who took care of my inspections.
Definitely will use you guys for the next property.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

We really appreciate the time you took to leave us such a kind review, Dharsh. Thank you for choosing us to assist you through your investment property build. - NHI Team

New Home Inspections is your New Best Friend if you are building a new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

I would highly recommend the services of New Home Inspections to inspect all stages of building a new home. They were accurate, professional, detailed and know the building regulations inside out. They definitely saved us from potential building defects that we have no experience or acumen to know. They can even help with pre-contract negotiations with your builder. Do not trust that your builder will do the right thing in the contract or building of your home, engage the services of New Home Inspections.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thanks for engaging our services and leaving such kind feedback, Jane. We loved assisting you through your new home build! - NHI Team

Better than doing it alone !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Great report with good factual support information allowed us to approach our builder with confidence and get the value for the investment made on the inspection.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thank you for engaging our services, Max. We enjoyed assisting you through the completion stage of your new home. - NHI Team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

New Home Inspections have been great to deal with. Excellent communication. Our instructor Tim was consistent throughout all inspections and saved us thousands on building mistakes and stuff ups. Highly recommend for and type of build!

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thank you for engaging our services, and for the kind feedback, Nick! Congratulations on the completion of your new home in Tarneit! - NHI Team

Would not build without New Home Inspections

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Although we had renovated before we had never done a complete build and were keen to ensure we had someone independent to our builders with building knowledge provide independent inspections throughout. New Home Inspections (NHI) proved their worth at the first inspection when our surveyors had signed off for the slab to be poured only for NHI to pick up major structural faults and called our builders immediately to halt any further work until the issues were fixed. Our builders agreed and rectified the issues before a reinspection by NHI provided the go-ahead. Had NHI not caught this when they did our build would have been a disaster.

NHI were always professional, efficient and detailed in their work and reports and identified many things that our eyes and knowledge would not otherwise have picked up. They worked well with the builders who respected their work and our builders always fixed up the things identified by NHI.

NHI have us peace of mind and confidence that our build met all regulations and was of high quality and we are thrilled with the final result. I would highly recommend them for anyone building and would definitely engage them should we ever build again.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thank you, Kim for taking the time to leave us such a kind review. We loved assisting you through your new home build. Congratulations on your new home! - NHI Team

Building a home? New Home Inspection are great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

We built our home and we took New Home Inspection services for all phases. At all time their reports were great and detailed. The inspectors are providing great support as well with clear explanations of issues and points noted. I won't kid anyone apart from the last Completion stage where the taps and lights go on, I have no clue about building a home. New Home Inspection brought me the help needed to ensure the other phases were properly taken care of and issues discovered early where it is easier to fix them.

Special notes to the admin team that handles the bookings at the office. This team is providing timely answer and quick turnaround time for booking your inspections.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thank you for engaging our services and allowing us to assist you through your new home build. We appreciate your kind feedback, and wish you the very best with the finalisation of your new home. - NHI Team.

Worth the reassurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

New Home Inspections were fantastic. Easy to deal with. Quick to get an appointment.

The report that is generated is very easy to understand with photos and a great description of what needs to be done.

Looking forward to getting a great result from my builder now I have proof that things are not right

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Hello Shannon, thanks for taking the time to leave us such kind feedback! We loved assisting you through your construction journey. Thanks for engaging in our services :) - NHI Team

Verified Customer

Quality inspections with very professional service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

After doing some research I decided to go with New Home Inspections and was not disappointed. All the inspections were done by Tim. He had detailed knowledge of different aspects of construction and was very thorough in his inspections. I would recommend New Home Inspection. As a normal person we would never know the details/nuances that go into the construction. Report provided after each inspection was also very detailed and professional with photographs citing relevant guidelines and other details. These inspections are worth every penny as it will definitely help to improve the quality of your house much more than what you spend.
On top of that response time of the team that schedules inspections is very quick as well, which allows you to make unexpected changes at short notice.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thank you for choosing NHI and for the kind review, Mukul! We loved assisting you through your new home build. - NHI Team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I found new homes inspections to be fantastic, the reports you are send are easy to read and have pictures of what's wrong from your actual house. They state what part of the building code has been broken and why it needs to be fixed.

It's good for peace of mind that you know your house is being built right!

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thanks so much for the review and for engaging our services, Dan. We loved assisting you through your new home! - NHI Team

Best Investment for a New Home construction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

New Home Inspections were brilliant. Highly Recommended. They took a great deal of stress away from the construction of my property. A normal person can never know the great detail of the Australian Building Code to which they match all of the mistakes therefore your builder has to abide by that code and fix the issue. The report highlights each issue against the building code therefore ensuring you have a solid base to argue to get the issue fixed.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thanks Ramesh for the feedback. We loved assisting you through your new home build.

Very professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

From the first phone call new home inspections were there to help every step of the way, Tim came out and was easily contacted through emails and phone calls, my questions may have sounded basic but none the less Tim explained the answers to me.
Could recommend a better company to carry out house inspections.
Thanks Jase

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thank you for engaging our services, and for the kind feedback. Congratulations on the completion of your new home build project!

Great Service, Attention to detail

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

NHI team were always pleasant to deal with and our inspector Andrew was very detailed at what he does and did it exceptionally well. I would be more than happy to recommend the service to anyone.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thanks so much for engaging our services and for the kind feedback, Carl!

Craigieburn

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Great communication and their services will help to get us to understand what is missing with our build and push builders.

It is bit hard to book if you give them 3 days notice even though it says 3-5 days notice. But again they are busy beacuse of their service i guess.

recommended.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, we do experience periods of high demand and do endeavour to book the earliest availability in line with your build schedule.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Our interaction with New Home Inspections from the get go was outstanding - professional service and knowledge. Our inspector Tim was always prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and informed us of all defects found in our build. Highly recommended!

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Thanks for your kind feedback, Natalie! We loved assisting you through your new home build!

Prompt and Professional Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

The Inspection was conducted in a timely and professional manner. The Inspector was courteous and friendly. The report was sent on promptly. Very reliable.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Hi Ramesh, thank you for your kind feedback, and we thank you for engaging our services. We loved assisting you with your build.

• 1 helpful vote

Quality service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Excellent. Have already recommended to friends that are starting their build. The office was very professional and organised and our inspector Bill was tremendous. We couldn’t have had our dream home built to the standard it is without him. Definitely worth the money when you’re spending big bucks on a house in an industry that is always trying to cut corners.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Hi Natasha, thank you for your kind feedback. We loved assisting you with your new build, thank you for engaging our services.

Absolute Fail

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

I engaged the services of new homes inspections to do an inspection on my new build. there was no liaison between my ss and the inspector by this company and an appointment was made. i received an email stating appointment has been made with ss. I got a call from the inspector saying, he's on site and he cannot inspect as fascia and gutters were not installed and for that reason he could not inspect the frame. I knew there will be a charge so i asked inspector and he said $120. I later got an invoice for $360 which i feel is very unfair and a big bill for doing nothing, as he could have at least inspected some part of the frame which was completed for that amount. Terrible service and i will never recommend company to anyone.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

We are very disappointed to hear that you feel this way, and feel that you have had a bad experience. We would like to gently remind you of our communication with you on 13/04/2018 regarding our Te... read more »

Essential

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

New Home Inspections were recommended to me by a close friend. I can now also recommend using New Home Inspections for any new build. They were highly professional and whilst I have some practical knowledge of building they identified many issues beyond my knowledge that required correction. In doing so they also advised on the impact the issues would have on the build. I used them for all stages of the project and have no doubt they have saved me money as well as given me peace of mind throughout. My building supervisor often commented on their thorough and fastidious approach in comparison to others even though I knew he meant they are keeping him honest and driving higher standards! I can't recommend New Home Inspections highly enough. Well worth the money.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Hi John, we're so glad that we were able to assist you with your new build! Thanks for engaging our services, and your feedback.

Peace Of Mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Our inspector was very punctual and very polite. He was very thorough with his report. And extremely helpful. As we didn't know about what the codes are that our builders were suppose to follow. So to know that our inspector did was great so our builders couldn't argue the matter with us. I recommend an independent inspector to all people who are building their home. If I knew any sooner I would off started from the beginning of the house with the inspector.

Comments
New Home Inspections Official

Hi Kim & Wayne, we were so glad that we could assist you in your handover. Thanks so much for leaving us a review - NHI team

1 of 2 pages