Filter By:

Shop Location: WA, Joondalup

Impressed with our purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Our in store purchases were made in a friendly, non-pushy environment. Penny was extremely helpful and full of fun. What an endearing approach.
The sales administrative process however was diabolical - an old manual system, extremely repetitive and very slow to complete. Very labour intensive - e.g. 3 separate orders instead of 1, with all our data to be manually re-entered to each order. The whole process took far longer than expected - causing us to have to wait around for a lengthy period before the resultant paperwork was produced (no criticism of Penny, just the antiquated process).
You can justify putting this review onto a computer, so why not get into the 21st Century with your sales process?

Shop Location: VIC, Richmond

Terrible customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I tried to purchase a Nick Scali table over the phone with credit card or online to no avail, they only take in-store payment. They also charge $200 for delivery to Bendigo from Melbourne, which is ridiculous, so I got my daughter to go into the store and pay for it and have it delivered to Melbourne instead for $40 cash delivery (cash?!). I was told it would come wrapped so we could safely transport it to Bendigo ourselves, but then it arrived with no packaging - even IKEA delivers with packaging! What a mess of a system and business, time to step into the 21st century Nick Scali. Absolute shambles for any regional customers. The only saving grace were the actual staff I personally dealt with in-store ([name removed]) and upon receiving the delivery, who were all lovely.

Shop Location: SA, Gepps Cross

A wonderful experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

We recently purchased our dining set in store and it was a wonderful experience, we were attended to immediately, and Brian was extremely helpful yet not pushy with us which we appreciated! We found the whole process very simple and after a lot of shopping around it was by far the best experience we had! Lovely furniture and we couldn't be happier with our dining table and chairs.

Shop Location: TAS, Hobart

Great service can’t speak highly enough

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

The people at nick scali are what service is all about they were great they did every promised great work

Shop Location: NSW, Caringbah

Frank Martelli- service technician

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

On time professional explained what he was doing for the the repair of leather imperfection . Very happy with the service and the outcome .

Shop Location: NSW, Kotara (Newcastle)

Easy maintenance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

We bought a lounge about 12 months ago and noticed recently that the stuffing on one chair had started to sag. Within a couple of weeks of reporting this we had a service technician come to the house to fix it. Carlos was great! He replaced/added extra foam and stuffing without any fuss and now the lounge looks brand new again! Great to have confidence that the warranty works and is attended to professionally and efficiently.

Delivery service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Son Michael Chris and Jerome the boys done a great job setting up our new lounge and rug friendly and efficient

Exellent Delivery service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Dom Michael chris and jerome were fantastic very helpful with placement of my lounge took great care in making sure it got up stairs with no damage would reccomend them again thank you nick scali great team you have

Delivery service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Dom Michael Chris and Jerome were on time, polite and explained the care kit. Thank you nick scali for sending a great team.

Excellent delivery service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Dom Michael Chris and Jerome were on time curtious polite very professional made my experience very pleasant highly recommend them to anyone who gets a delivery from nick scali

Shop Location: NSW, Alexandria

Frank martellli

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Frank came and changed the motor it's great to have all the seats working again thank you well done today

Shop Location: NSW, Tuggerah

Service call

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Technician Barry came to tighten a recliner lounge today. He was very affable and quickly worked on the problem. We were very happy with the end result. We would rate Him a 5

Shop Location: NSW, Penrith

X

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Carlos the technician came out to us this week as the couch has an indentation in it. He was great, really professional, friendly, courteous and very knowledgeable. Thank you Carlos.

Verified Customer

Recliner Warranty Repair

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Fantastic after service - almost at end of warranty had an issue with a recliner, was fixed fast with no hassles, great prompt service. Thank you

Shop Location: NSW, Bankstown

Great service, by service technician

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Frank martelli a service technician was assigned a repair to a 1.5 seater i purchased, a faulty switch was to be replaced. Frank did a great job, he was very patient as job was a fiddly one but did not rush and put everything back the way it was made at the factory, i am very happy with the punctuality of nick scali so far and recommend to anyone looking to purchase furniture.. a++

Shop Location: NSW, Kotara (Newcastle)

Carlos

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Explained problem to us fixed it as best he could very friendly and polite and obliging also explained how problem solved occurs.

Shop Location: NSW, Alexandria

Frank Martelli

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Very satisfied with Frank he did a good job repairing the scratches
Great service can recommend Nick Scali thanks for the promptness with this matter

Shop Location: VIC, South Wharf

great staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

My mother and I went to south wharf store in Melbourne to buy a sofa and dining table, it was our first time there and let me say the staff were great.
Marcell, who assisted us was professional, friendly, patient and very helpful, showed us different options and helped us a lot to find the right thing. If we go back there other than the products quality it would be because of her. Other staff were also very nice. Highly recommended.

Shop Location: VIC, Preston

Great product and service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

We found Matt to be extremely helpful and accommodating, we purchased in store. the floor range was great and very well presented.

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Shop Location: QLD, Aspley

Worst Company I have ever dealt with in my life!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Back in December 2017 I ordered a lounge set and 2 side chairs. When the items were delivered (in boxes) the delivery driver must have put grease on the back of one of the chairs (light pink colour). When I inspected the items I didn't notice the fingermark as it was at the bottom/back of the chair until he was driving up the road. When I lifted up the cushions another stain was on the chair. I immediately called Nick Scali (5 mins after delivery) to explain what had happened. This is when my nightmare began. I took photos and sent to customer service. This process took weeks of back and forth. The customer service was simply terrible! They eventually told me that a Nick Scali assessor was going to come out and look at the chair. I explained that I wanted a replacement and that was my only solution to the problem. Instead of a Nick scali representative they sent out an Upholstery cleaner who proceeded to get out a spray to clean off the stains. I told him to stop as I wasn't paying $500 for a brand new chair for someone to just spray it. He ignored me and continued to try and get the stain out. The stain remained! At no point was I told by Nick Scali that their option was to clean off the stains.After numerous phone calls and fighting with them they agreed to replace the chair (the chair is a custom made item as I have already waited 12 weeks for it). I was told then it was going to take another 12 -14 weeks for a replacement. That was 18 weeks ago and still no chair! I now have been trying to find out where the chair is. Nobody will return phone calls. Their Managers won't speak to me or return my calls. I have asked twice now for a manager to contact me and I am still waiting. Rude customer service people and poor service. Finally, I have a delivery date after waiting 8 months for a single chair. I had to arrange this as nobody bothered to call me about a delivery date.I have built my new house in the time I have waited for this item. Avoid them. Dodgy as hell!

Comments
Nick Scali Official

Hi BoM, I'm terribly sorry to hear of your experience. This isn't the Nick Scali experience we aim to provide our valued customers. I'd like to investigate this matter with my Dispatch Manager f... read more »

1 of 255 pages

Is anyone able to provide any reviews or feedback on Nick Scali stores in Perth? Looking at purchasing the Emery lounge but have some concerns after reading the reviews. Thanks

spot the difference asked on Aug 05, 2018

Answer this

I don't know any other Nick Scali stores but now I don't have any confidence to buy anything from them.

I agree with Cynthia. Look elsewhere. Any company that has so many negative reviews has a big problem. If you buy be prepared for a change in attitude once they have your money. They become hard to contact and all imperfections are because leather/timber is a "natural product". Finally read the Australian Consumer Law (available on any legislation website), you will probably need it.

I would NOT recommend Nick Scali to anyone. Their furniture is inferior. I had the same problems with a double leather recliner. After about 5 months the filling started to disappear. Problems escalated and I was offered a replacement or in store credit. I eventually got my REFUND, but only after lodging a complaint with NSW Fair Trading. Their furniture always looks amazing in their stores, but they are absolute rubbish. Please don’t waste your money.

Hi, I am purchasing a second hand Kylie 2 seater electric recliner lounge. We have the original receipt. Can you tell me if the backs of the lounge are removable for transporting purposes? We have to negotiate some tight spaces and stairs. Cheers.

Heath Geappen asked on Jul 22, 2018

Hi Heath,

Thank you for reaching out!

May I ask you to please email your query to me via feedback@nickscali.com.au so I can provide the assembly instructions for your reference.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Hayden
Nick Scali Customer Care

Hi, my three seater fabric Agnese recliner was delivered last week and it has a very strong “new furniture” smell. I am 36 weeks pregnant and I am not sure if it is harmful to my baby. Is there any way to off gas the couch asap? We have all the windows opened and I even have the fan on, but the smell is still there and giving me dry mouth and headache.

Shazzie asked on Jul 21, 2018

Hi Shazzie,

Thank you for reaching out!

I'd recommend contacting our service department on 1300 880 370 and follow the prompts to speak with customer service. Our service team will be best to discuss and provide you with any options that may assist you with your query.

I hope this information helps, please don't hesitate to contact me via feedback@nickscali.com.au if you have any further queries or concerns going forward.

Sincerely,

Hayden
Nick Scali Customer Care

This is the problem we had with our couch, they are toxic gases coming off the couch and I would be very careful if I were you. In our case the odour did not dissipate and we were very very sick. Had to put the couch outside. You are pregnant? Get rid of it!

See all 146 questions about Nick Scali Furniture