Worst customer service I’ve ever had.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

I tried to order parts on internet and it wouldn’t let me pay.asked me to ring the company.i left a message 1 month ago and no one got back to me.the other day I ordered parts again to have the same problem.i finally get I in contact with someone to be told that I need to wait 1 and half months for the side bricks.a company like this heading towards winter not having spare parts what a joke. Quick to take my $8000 thou.

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Ashlee, We have been investigating your complaint further internally. Firstly we are glad you seem to be enjoying using your Ironheart! Our sales staff have returned your calls and left messages... read more »

Cambroon

• 2 comments

extreemly poor quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

We bought an Esse stove from Pivot stoves in 2010, the cost was about $8000, this year all the enamel stated to bubble and peal from the top of the stove and the stove top has a big crack in it , Pivot stoves have given us a quote for a replacement hob for $1500 plus $200 delivery , However i would expect that an item that cost this amount of money should last longer than 7 years , the warranty is only two years , I would not recomend either pivot stoves or Esse

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Stacey, We are saddened to read your review. We understand you have been in touch with our warranty department here, who also logged a request with ESSE UK for you. Yes the stove does last longe... read more »

Great looking unit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

Probably the most disappointing big purchase we ever made. The installer we were forced to use pretty much didn’t know what he was doing and It has been a major disappointment overall In terms of reliable hot water or heat in winter.

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Tahnee, we are extremely disappointed that you have had this experience, and these are certainly not issues you should be having. There are a couple of things you have said that are a concern fo... read more »

Pivot are fantastic to deal with! I wish there was more companies like them around.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

I dealt with Felicity and she was faultless. She always followed up on emails and any questions our client or l had. Works were completed when scheduled and to a high standard. Excellent customer service can be difficult to find in this day and age. Thank you Felicity. We will most definitely be using Pivot Stoves in the future.

Shaun
Ethos Building

Esse wood stove (990WD) issues & service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

I cannot fault the fantastic customer service provided by Greg today! A visit from Greg all the way from Geelong, Melbourne to us on the east coast of Tassie where his expert knowledge and experience solved any issues I've had with my Esse 990WD stove (each issue easy to solve). The solutions to the oven not reaching a hot temperature (solved within minutes when Greg pointed out that the top fire brick in the firebox had moved backwards - probably knocked when I loaded up the wood), blocking some hot air from circulating around to the ovens); a flue that was not cleaned properly (easy fix when Greg demonstrated how to vacuum the flue downwards using a vacuum); Greg spent a few hours with us sharing his tips so that we could get the best out of the stove; sharing some great recipe ideas; adjusting the glass and outside doors so they close more easily; and most importantly, how to remove the debris from Esse. It turns out there was a smallish handful of solid spent fuel blocking the flue. After Greg relit the fire, we waited for Esse to come up to temperature so that I could start baking. As Greg predicted, it took 2hrs from lighting a stone cold (500kg cast iron) stove to reaching a hot enough oven for bread-baking. I am impressed with Greg and his knowledge, and extremely happy to learn these simple techniques to get the most our of Esse. Thanks Greg!!

Esse IronHeart

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

I had one of these stoves installed via our local dealer and had 5 months of stress with the stove due to excessive smoking.
It turned out the small instruction manual supplied with the stove was for an "old model" and that the operating instructions were not applicable.
I find it bizarre that any manufacturer or supplier doesn't update instruction manuals when they change their product - a $10K stove, a new instruction manual ... ? $5 ??
I feel that if a more comprehensive and model appropriate instruction manual had been provided, I could have been saved 5 months of nuisance and bother, and the guy from Pivot could have been saved a long drive to visit me and sort out the problems I was having.
Also, their local distributor had no idea about how the new model worked.

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Andrew, We are disappointed that you haven't had a great experience to resolve the smoking issues with your stove - we do try to keep all the manuals up to date on our website, along with all of... read more »

Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Andrew How is your Esse Ironheart now you have had a one on one training at your home with our MD, Greg Parker-Hill? (Greg drove all the way to your home to give you personal one on one traini... read more »

Invicta Ove - Wood Heater

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

We have just installed an Invicta Ove freestanding Heater in our new home through Pivot. It looks fantastic and it works an absolute treat. We wanted something that not only created warmth and ambience but also a fireplace that was a bit of statement piece and room feature. This fireplace has delivered on all fronts. Dealing with Pivot staff was also a pleasure. Suzanne went out of her way to ensure everything went smoothly and her customer service and ongoing communication was top class. Both Pivot and Alex from Modica (installers) worked with us closely in making sure we installed the fireplace in accordance with the regulations and helped us obtain a fantastic result in positioning the fireplace within a corner of the room located near double glaze glass and non combustible plaster. We highly recommend using Pivot and their fireplaces.

Verified Customer

Absolutely love our new wood heater!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

We have installed a Neo 1.6 into our home that is 100 years old. We couldn't be more happy with the heater and the professional advice given to us by Pivot Heating. Suzanne was an absolute delight, her care and after sale service was truly exceptional, every detail was checked over for us. So was the team at Modica Plumbing, Alex, we thank you for the fabulous work you did to make sure everything went together absolutely perfectly! We cannot believe the difference this lovely heater has made to our home.

What a great heater Neo 2.5

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

We are very happy with our new heater. Looks great in room. Thanks Suzanne for your advice in choosing the Neo 2.5. Its so nice to have a warm and cosy home.

Great addition to our home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

We bought an open Fireplace insert. Pivots advice and service was exceptional.
We are delighted with our purchase and the service we received.

Upgade House and Heating

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Recently renovated and ditched the old wood heater for a new YUNCA Monte - On Pedistal. The new clean lines match renovations and heat output is great, rarely use the fan for 60m2 family room plus joining bedrooms. Find the door size easier than the old for loading wood.
Pivot had a good range and worked well on the price.
Great to be able to book installation at the time of purchase, installer was good.

Cosy home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

We came from Queensland and therefore not used to cold weather. The Neo in our new home is such a great investment worth every dollar. We are amazed how there is still burning happening after a good night sleep, and it only takes a few minutes to have the fire going full on in the morning. Thank you to Suzanne and Greg and the staf at pivot stove for your wonderful service.

Verified Customer

Love, love, love our Neo!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

We had our Neo installed just over 12 months ago. The help in selecting the best heater for us was only surpassed by the great customer service & prompt installation! 1 year on & absolutely no issues. We're amazed with how warm it keeps our entire house (including on -3.4 degree mornings!) & how efficient it is. Safe to say we'll never have a house without one; we love our Neo!

Warm as Toast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

We recently bought the Alderlea T5. After 3 days we achieved a 12hr burn time. It's so toasty that we only use the fan for short bursts. The ornate cast iron work is absolutely beautiful. We keep a kettle on the stove top so a cuppa is never too far away. The staff were a great, friendly and armed with a wealth of knowledge. We couldn't be happier. Thanks team Pivot.

Great heater and friendly staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I am very happy with my new wood heater it is fantastic! Loved my experience in the store, the sales person was very knowledgeable about their products.

Super Impressed and Extremely Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

I have noticed a few negative comments on here about this place and from our experience over the past couple of weeks, we have been so impressed by the staff and products at Pivot Stove and Heating.
My partner and I went in a couple of weeks ago and the lovely salesperson introduced us to the Alderlea. They were very well informed about the product and also very confident in the product to. It ticked every box and is exactly what we need and are looking for at our home.
After we were quoted, we received a follow up call the day after. The salesperson was very kind and understanding about the price (you really do get what you pay for) and gave us options including finance. Lombard was super easy and this way we can pay off our heater after 2 years with no interest, we had our unit installed last week.
The plumbers recommended by Pivot were amazing and we received a 12 hour burn time that night!

This place needs a lot more praise for their hard work (when we first went into store they were extremely busy yet made sure we were looked after)

Thank you so much Pivot! We would recommend you to Everyone.

Extermely Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

I walked into the Geelong Store and what a fantastic experience I had. The smell of food cooking in the ESSE Cooker was awesome. The staff were very informative and experienced. I purchased a NEO 2.5 and they organised delivery and installation. Would highly recommend Pivot Stove and Heating.

Private message

Save yourself the heart ache!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Long story short. We had an issue with the service & installation of our wood heater, came up against nothing but resistance & rudeness from management in trying to fix the problem. Some of the things management said were beyond inappropriate & insensitive & at no time did the company make the problem a smooth issue to resolve, despite much patience and diplomacy on our part. Since dealing with Pivot & speaking to other professionals that have also had to deal with them, I am yet to hear a nice word about the company, wish I knew this before buying one of their products! Our problem has been resolved over months of heart ache and pushing from our part. Save yourself the heart ache & go somewhere else.

• 1 review

No Care No Responsibility

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Well after a lot of research and time with them getting our Hydronic system sorted and even a 12 hour drive to their shop to make sure all was good, They managed to send the wrong radiators and boiler which they assured me would do the same job. so after 2 months of back and forwards to get all the parts to get the thing installed, guess what, its not big enough or good enough to heat our house, Lots of emails ,photos, phone calls but still no answers yet from them, except just tossing me around from one person to another. spoke to the owner about all this but seem to fall on deaf ears and no care at all. So after a $30k purchase I have nothing, So to Pivot, this problem won't go away till you fix it and either will I.

• 1 review

Chaotic and disorganised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

We were fortunate enough to buy our Esse Ironheart through Lobethal Sheet Metal (SA) and Craig dealt with Pivot in Melbourne. It was an absolute pleasure working with Craig, but when we started to deal with Pivot directly to order spares, we experienced an endless litany of problems:

1. the wrong spare parts were sent (9mm gasket for Esse Firebox door instead of 12mm recommended by Esse whom we contacted directly in the UK)

2. we were charged for sets of spare fire bricks which we ordered but which Pivot did not have in stock (and nothing was mentioned at the time of purchase). We finally requested a refund after several months wait (which to their credit they did give).

3. There seems to be a constant turnover in personnel and one is almost never dealing with the same person on the other end, emails and request for invoices do not get answered and the only way to elicit a response seems to be to contact the owner of the company directly.

4. The owner of the company is a surprisingly difficult person to deal with.

We therefore do our utmost not to deal with this company anymore and try to source spares elsewhere. We have informed Esse UK of the problems we have had and definitely would not recommend dealing with Pivot if one can at all avoid it.

1 of 2 pages