sydney

• 1 question

air conditioning

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

After over 20 years of use we needed an air conditioner. Engaged Frost air conditioning who we found very reasonable and informative when asked many questions that were answered to our satisfaction. Very happy with the Fujitsu unit which was installed and is working above our expectations. Would fully recommend Frost air conditioning as a very reliable company to do business with. Congratulations to Frost.

• 3 comments

Missing flue kits

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

Short changed two flues and accessories . Poor customer service . Blamed us for 'throwing 'the items out . Be very careful when ordering online . Request a goods inventory list on delivery .

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Will

Sorry you have had this experience : so we can look into what actually happened here can you send us your invoice number ( we will be able to get your details from this )

00056920 . Keenan Adonis was the person of contact within your organisation . You also have the phone number of the registered wood fire installer we used . He can reconfirm what was missing with regard to the flues .
Regards Bill

Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Dear Bill Keenan has not worked for us for over 2 years : why have you waited this long to raise this issue? Rather than putting a Review on line, a simple phone call to us and this would have been... read more »

Terrible experience with Pivot Dandenong

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

Posted this on Pivots Facebook review page a few days back:

"Don't know about the Geelong branch, but Dandenong South is easily the most unprofessional, disorganised and dishonest supplier I've ever dealt with. Can't believe they're still in business."

Their response was this:

"Dear Jason Sorry you feel this way. But as discussed, we are unable to dispatch your heater with no payment. You may feel this is dishonest, but it's not uncommon to pay for any goods before delivery"

They have deleted the same comments on other posts and blocked me. No surprises, but they've coloured that response.

What they're referring to there is my refusal to pay for the remainder of the heater ($500 deposit) until the installer actually arrived with it to perform the install. After zero communication on an install date when promised only around two weeks, no response to emails because the girl who sold me the heater went on leave for 8 weeks without booking the install or telling anyone to book it in and no-one monitoring her email, I attended store and insisted on an install date or a refund.

The condition was that I would ring them with credit card details when the installer rolled up with it, due to the slack nature with which they handle things - it wouldn't come off the trailer unless the payment went through. The bloke on the floor rang the owner and they approved that with install set for Saturday coming, 5 days away.

The owner emails me the next day and reneges and says I must make full payment up front, plus I have to pay a 50% deposit for the install they hadn’t even quoted yet.

In my experience, when businesses are asking for so much money up front, like a 50% deposit on the actual heater and 50% for the install fees up front, they're either dodgy, have cash flow issues or have lots of trouble with customers cancelling because of shoddy service. At this point I'm done with them so request a refund because I have zero faith in their ability to deliver.

The owner promises to refund that day, quite early in the morning. His reply also contains a sarcastic comment about good luck finding a business that will deliver a heater without payment. Again, missing of the point from Pivot. I'll pay for a heater up front to a business that demonstrates honesty and ability to deliver - all they had to do was actually deliver.

So of course I check in near the end of the day and the refund hasn't been done. The owner tells me it takes a few days for a bank transfer to come through like I'm an idiot.

I remind him that the transfer actually has to occur for the bank to take their few days, that he can prove he's done it, which he of course hadn't, by sending through a remittance like any other reputable business might do, and resort to threatening him with a credit card chargeback and consumer affairs if it's not sorted by 9 am the next morning. Bearing in mind we have two small children with no heater. Zero patience left with this mob.

No communication of course, get onto him again the next morning at 9.30 for another round of threats, which seem to be required for some people to actually deliver on what they've promised. Finally gets done!

My reference to them being dishonest, and going to consumer affairs relates to them emailing me a few weeks after purchasing stating that 2 days prior, regulations had been enacted making it compulsory for a flue to be installed even on inbuilt masonry installs and it will cost $430 more than they quoted (plus install). I took it at face value at the time. Interesting they have plenty of time to jack the price up, just not book the install. This is blatantly false - nothing on Energy Safe Victoria and Rinnai themselves have confirmed this is false. I have retained the email they sent me stating this lie.

Beware this business people. Having done a bit of due diligence now, I've found the same heater, installed for the same price they quoted for just the heater. Plus ranges from $500-$700 cheaper just to purchase the heater elsewhere online. Should have done a bit more research, but hey, it's cold in the house, we were rushing.

Added: On another review they've responded claiming I was abusive with their staff and that they booked the install after 3 days which is really good. This is another example of their dishonesty and sadly desperate. If not being fobbed off in store and matter of factly insisting on them either setting an install date or refunding then and there is abusive, then I guess I’m abusive. No language, no aggression, just insisted they actually deliver what they promised. Which they agreed to, then reneged on the next day. They did book the install for 5 days time, not 3 but after 4 weeks of nothing. I was more than happy to pay up front. When I saw an installer actually arrive with a heater. The owners upset because I pushed him to honour his word. If they spent as much time on customer service as they do writing fictitious responses online this problem might not occur for them.

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Dear Jason As mentioned, we are glad you have received your deposit back and we have, at no time, ripped you off As per our comment in relation to your abusive nature and aggression to our staff:... read more »

Excellent Working Relationship

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

I have been working with Greg and Pivot Stoves for a little over two years now. In this time I have come to know Greg and the team at Pivot Stoves extremely well and I can confidently say that their professionalism, their passion, their level of service is nothing short of excellent and something I can rely on. Greg has been nothing but supportive to me as a newbie in not only the heating industry but also in the retail industry. He has become someone I can rely on to provide the very best in knowledge and support. For this I sincerely thank him from the bottom of my heart.
Naturally this translates to the customer who can always expect the very best in customer service, expertise and professionalism. Pivot Stoves offer an exceptional range of products which represent some of the very best available in Australia.

Comments

Thank you for your very kind words.
The passion Greg has for supporting our industry is something natural to him : and his passion is passed onto all around him...
Again, thank you for your review, we will ensure this is shown to Greg

Esse Greenswitch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I wanted to share our experience with Pivot Stoves and Heating and the staff their I have dealt with. We bought an Esse Greenswitch fire with 4 radiators initially and had it installed. We found that we had some problems with boiling and contacted the guys at Pivot to troubleshoot the options. Suzanne went above and beyond in helping us and while it took some different methods we still were not solving the problem. Far from shirking away from the issue Suzanne went a far as offering call in to see us but as Greg is out and about and has decades of experience in hydronics we had him call in and look over the system and offer some alternatives which we did and I can now say we have the system I had hope for. I have only good things to say about the service we had and am very grateful for Suzannes commitment to helping us get our system working properly and we are thrilled with how our system is working. Looking very much forward to the winter this year!!! Thanks so much to Suzanne and Greg.

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

HI Matt
Thank you for your review : we will pass on your thanks to both Suzanne and Greg

Love our fire

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Thank you Pivot team for your advice and wonderful service we love our Antique White T4 everyone that sees it falls in love.

Quality Products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Newmans Heating Shops in Burnie and Devonport are proud suppliers of Pivot Stove & Heating products in North West Tasmania.

Customer Service & Product Knowledge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I find pivot customer service to be excellent, friendly, they listen to what I want and assist as quickly as possible...

• 1 comment

Very disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2018

I wish I had been able to read product reviews before I purchased a wood stove here. Friendly at first but everything went downhill after installation.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Rural Girl,
We would love to assist you troubleshoot the issues you are having with your stove, can you please email us at info@pivotstove.com.au with some more information?

Hi Pivot Stove, My issues since purchase were similar to those of others here. Like Mick, we had an incorrect radiator installed, after it was swapped for the correct one, I had to patch the holes ... read more »

Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Dear Rural Girl Disappointing that you have not put your name here to identify who you are, or replied to our request for you to contact us directly to assist you here - its challenging to be able... read more »

'Greg'- The Stove Whisperer

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

It’s interesting to read other people’s reviews of Pivot. From our interactions with Pivot, the negative reviews are quite surprising and in complete contrast from ours. Our experiences have always been positive when dealing with the staff at Pivot, especially Greg Parker-Hill.
After building a new house, we know very well that there are many companies who mess you around; hand-ball responsibilities when something goes pear-shaped, or simply do not respond to phone or email enquiries. The staff at Pivot have always responded promptly to any of our enquiries. As our build went way over schedule, whenever we contacted Pivot to postpone the delivery (which unfortunately happened many times), they were always very understanding and happy to keep our stove in storage (at no cost) until it was time for it to be installed in our house.
Recently, we contacted Pivot because, we couldn’t remove a panel inside our ESSE 990 WD, in order to clean it out. It was reassuring to hear Greg say on the phone ‘yes, I can fix that, not a problem, when would you like me to come out?’ When Greg came to our house (which was a 3hr drive for him), he quickly worked his magic on our stove, sharing his tips on how to operate and maintain our stove to get the most out of it. Our stove now works like a dream and we’ve been happily eating the goodies we have baked in it since.

Pacific Energy Neo 1.5

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

Pivot Stove and Heating have been wonderful to deal with. They were so helpful in picking the right product for us. We love our Neo 1.5 and it heats up the space better than we expected.
We are looking at purchasing another wood fire and will go straight back to Pivot to make this purchase.
Thanks again for such wonderful assistance.

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

HI Nicole
Thank you for your comments : we also love the Neo heaters..
And we LOVE getting photos - can you send us a photo?
email to sales@pivotstove.com.au

Worst customer service I’ve ever had.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

I tried to order parts on internet and it wouldn’t let me pay.asked me to ring the company.i left a message 1 month ago and no one got back to me.the other day I ordered parts again to have the same problem.i finally get I in contact with someone to be told that I need to wait 1 and half months for the side bricks.a company like this heading towards winter not having spare parts what a joke. Quick to take my $8000 thou.

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Ashlee, We have been investigating your complaint further internally. Firstly we are glad you seem to be enjoying using your Ironheart! Our sales staff have returned your calls and left messages... read more »

Cambroon

• 3 comments

extreemly poor quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

We bought an Esse stove from Pivot stoves in 2010, the cost was about $8000, this year all the enamel stated to bubble and peal from the top of the stove and the stove top has a big crack in it , Pivot stoves have given us a quote for a replacement hob for $1500 plus $200 delivery , However i would expect that an item that cost this amount of money should last longer than 7 years , the warranty is only two years , I would not recomend either pivot stoves or Esse

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Stacey, We are saddened to read your review. We understand you have been in touch with our warranty department here, who also logged a request with ESSE UK for you. Yes the stove does last longe... read more »

Thank you Pivot for contacting ESSE in the UK and convincing them to stand by their products and consumers rights and send me a new hob for my for my wood stove at no cost to me.

Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Stacey, We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with Pivot and the cosmetic damage you experienced with your ESSE stove is resolved. We very much hope that Felicity and all o... read more »

Great looking unit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

Probably the most disappointing big purchase we ever made. The installer we were forced to use pretty much didn’t know what he was doing and It has been a major disappointment overall In terms of reliable hot water or heat in winter.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Tahnee, we are extremely disappointed that you have had this experience, and these are certainly not issues you should be having. There are a couple of things you have said that are a concern fo... read more »

Pivot are fantastic to deal with! I wish there was more companies like them around.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

I dealt with Felicity and she was faultless. She always followed up on emails and any questions our client or l had. Works were completed when scheduled and to a high standard. Excellent customer service can be difficult to find in this day and age. Thank you Felicity. We will most definitely be using Pivot Stoves in the future.

Shaun
Ethos Building

Esse wood stove (990WD) issues & service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

I cannot fault the fantastic customer service provided by Greg today! A visit from Greg all the way from Geelong, Melbourne to us on the east coast of Tassie where his expert knowledge and experience solved any issues I've had with my Esse 990WD stove (each issue easy to solve). The solutions to the oven not reaching a hot temperature (solved within minutes when Greg pointed out that the top fire brick in the firebox had moved backwards - probably knocked when I loaded up the wood), blocking some hot air from circulating around to the ovens); a flue that was not cleaned properly (easy fix when Greg demonstrated how to vacuum the flue downwards using a vacuum); Greg spent a few hours with us sharing his tips so that we could get the best out of the stove; sharing some great recipe ideas; adjusting the glass and outside doors so they close more easily; and most importantly, how to remove the debris from Esse. It turns out there was a smallish handful of solid spent fuel blocking the flue. After Greg relit the fire, we waited for Esse to come up to temperature so that I could start baking. As Greg predicted, it took 2hrs from lighting a stone cold (500kg cast iron) stove to reaching a hot enough oven for bread-baking. I am impressed with Greg and his knowledge, and extremely happy to learn these simple techniques to get the most our of Esse. Thanks Greg!!

• 1 helpful vote

Esse IronHeart

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

I had one of these stoves installed via our local dealer and had 5 months of stress with the stove due to excessive smoking.
It turned out the small instruction manual supplied with the stove was for an "old model" and that the operating instructions were not applicable.
I find it bizarre that any manufacturer or supplier doesn't update instruction manuals when they change their product - a $10K stove, a new instruction manual ... ? $5 ??
I feel that if a more comprehensive and model appropriate instruction manual had been provided, I could have been saved 5 months of nuisance and bother, and the guy from Pivot could have been saved a long drive to visit me and sort out the problems I was having.
Also, their local distributor had no idea about how the new model worked.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Andrew, We are disappointed that you haven't had a great experience to resolve the smoking issues with your stove - we do try to keep all the manuals up to date on our website, along with all of... read more »

Pivot Stove & Heating Official

Hi Andrew How is your Esse Ironheart now you have had a one on one training at your home with our MD, Greg Parker-Hill? (Greg drove all the way to your home to give you personal one on one traini... read more »

Invicta Ove - Wood Heater

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

We have just installed an Invicta Ove freestanding Heater in our new home through Pivot. It looks fantastic and it works an absolute treat. We wanted something that not only created warmth and ambience but also a fireplace that was a bit of statement piece and room feature. This fireplace has delivered on all fronts. Dealing with Pivot staff was also a pleasure. Suzanne went out of her way to ensure everything went smoothly and her customer service and ongoing communication was top class. Both Pivot and Alex from Modica (installers) worked with us closely in making sure we installed the fireplace in accordance with the regulations and helped us obtain a fantastic result in positioning the fireplace within a corner of the room located near double glaze glass and non combustible plaster. We highly recommend using Pivot and their fireplaces.

Verified Customer

Absolutely love our new wood heater!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

We have installed a Neo 1.6 into our home that is 100 years old. We couldn't be more happy with the heater and the professional advice given to us by Pivot Heating. Suzanne was an absolute delight, her care and after sale service was truly exceptional, every detail was checked over for us. So was the team at Modica Plumbing, Alex, we thank you for the fabulous work you did to make sure everything went together absolutely perfectly! We cannot believe the difference this lovely heater has made to our home.

What a great heater Neo 2.5

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

We are very happy with our new heater. Looks great in room. Thanks Suzanne for your advice in choosing the Neo 2.5. Its so nice to have a warm and cosy home.

1 of 2 pages