Non responsive re refunds

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Very terrible customer service.
I’ve been seeking a refund on some trousers and I’ve sent multiple emails: all to no avail.
Do your self a favour and avoid at all cost!

Sydney

• 13 answers

Beware when you buy Shoes online from Rivers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

The shoe listings don't say whether they're women's or men's. It's only by browsing a section that you know (or assume). Doing a search for something though, you cannot tell. So here's how to tell, learned from a poor experience : The men's have 7,8,9,10 etc sizes. The women's have 38, 39, 40 etc sizes. Nowhere on the site does it say that. So be warned.

Love this store !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Although Rivers sell clothes for women and men, their shoes are the best! So comfortable and stylish not to forget their pricing...amazing! Can buy online or in store and can sign up for notification of sales etc. which are frequent.

Rivers online

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I sometimes go into the store but find the online experience better. The site is easy to navigate, quick to purchase items , great range of products and sales are posted regularly so I know to have a look. You are rewarded frequently with $5 vouchers to spend. Goods are dispatched either that evening or the next day and you have your goods within 48 hours. Fantastic service. I have not had to return a single product yet, all have been as described, excellent quality and good sizing

Shoes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

I'm devastated !!!!
I have been buying the same style of slip on shoe at Rivers for a fair few years now, buying extra bulk 6-7 pairs just before Christmas for past two years. (Lived and die in them I luv em) but now Am dev- vast-tated that this style is no longer available. They looked quite classy as they had a piece of the same fabric top on either side on the cork wedge..

Polo Shirts Shrink

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

Most of my clothes and shoes are Rivers. The last batch of Polo shirts I purchased have shrunk in the wash (I have recently lost 10 kilo so its definitely the shirts). They are now wider than they are longer.. If I put my arms up I now show off my adbo. No one needs to see this. I am now wearing K Mart Polo's that don't have this problem.
Not buying polo's from Rivers anymore

lismore

Private message

Rivers shoes poor quality, beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

Rivers dress shoe approx 4 years old - leather upper and rubber sole. The upper is in great condition, no issues there however the rubber sole disintegrated. When I queried this with Rivers I got the following response:
"The polyurethane outsoles have effectively dried out over time with lack of use and will crumble...this is known as ‘hydrolysis’. It is not a fault, but the natural breakdown of the polyurethane due to aging. Polyurethane outsoles will perish over time if not in regular use."
So if you don't use your shoes often enough they just fall apart, according to Rivers. I'm inclined to think that is a cop out for a badly made product. Anyway just letting you know how Rivers shoe quality has fallen.

Bushland Beach, QLD

• 6 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Member Rewards not worth it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

You automatically get given a print out voucher with an expiry date, miss-place the printout voucher your loss, don't shop again by expiry date, your loss. No you can not bank your points, no you can not use your points when you want to. and no if your card doesn't scan or staff don't scan it you can not get your points later no matter what the staff tell you.

Good Quality product and friendly, helpful staff.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Plenty of variety in men's clothing and footwear.
The staff were friendly and helpful, even though it was very busy and a new store.
No problems with going back to Rivers Gladstone in the future.

Unacceptable behaviour

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

When we were shopping in rivers Gladstone qld. The rudeness of the Manager [name removed] was terrible. Will not be going back she made us wait 20mins to be served them Spoke in a rude manner.
Alice

• 1 review

Hike & Bike have gone downhill

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

I bought a pair of Hike & bike shoes a few years ago and they were very good - very comfortable, and lasted really well.
So a few months ago I bought another pair of the shoes and a pair of boots too. BAD MISTAKE !!.
The current versions are rubbish!!. The sole is coming off one shoe the lining has split on the other and the laces are falling apart on all of them. Both pairs have been lightly used - not worn a lot or in rough conditions.
I have not bothered to take them back because they are will outside the 30 day return time.

The Cut of the Clothing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

The cut of the clothing is going a bit haywire. Tried on a lovely womens shirt and the long sleeves were far too narrow, I dont have big arms I was very disappointed. Bought a mens shirt for my husband, nice shirt, sleeves too narrow and he is certainly not a big man. There is something wrong with the patterns that they cut from maybe they are basing them on asian size. Over the year s we have bought many things from Rivers in the beginning the sizing was better as was the quality. Come on Rivers you can fix these problems!.

Alexandra Headland, Qld

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Rivers Australia Membership Computerised Program Needs Urgent Repair

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Rivers Australia computerised membership points program is in need of urgent repair. It needs fixing ASAP.

Customers want to know their membership number, how many points they have and can they use them for online purchases as well as in-store purchases.

I have never seen such a retail companies membership rewards program computer system like this. You waste all your Australian store staff's time trying to figure out the points for each membership customer.

It should be relatively easy to fix up this up.

Very happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

Have bought clothing and footwear online from Rivers several times over the past couple of years. Always delivered promptly and without any hiccups. Excellent service. Will continue to buy from Rivers online in the future.

• 1 review
Private message

Pants are made for giants.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Why do Rivers have all their pants made for giants. Waist sizes are correct but the length is far too long.
Make them in a regular sizes please, as it used to be.

• 10 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 11 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Good Quality Shoes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

Have purchased several pairs of shoes online as I have difficulty getting to the shops. I am very happy with their service and order regularly. I find the quality pretty good god the most part, as the heavily discounted prices are great value. I gave never had a problem returning an item if it doesn't fit or I'm not happy with the design.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Sorry to report but was refused a refund on a pair of shoes bought in store that didn't fit. Head office cannot produce refund policy so according to ACCC it doesn't exist. Have reported them.

Shoddy shoes; shoddy warranty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

I bought two pairs of Rivers Hike n Bike shoes online. After a walk up the Pyramid, the first pair was coming apart at the front. I took them to a store for a refund. The manager gave me a $29 credit for the $40 shoes. This was because, they were a month out of warranty. They were a month out because I had emailed Rivers Head office repeatedly, without getting any response. The second pair developed terminal cracks in the soles after 6 months of general use (no bushwalking). They are really poor quality and cannot handle any sort of terrain without splitting. Before these, I had a pair of New Balance runners that lasted six years of heavy use.

Gold Coast

• 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Bargains

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Never been in the store. Was referred by a friend. A good range of products at very good prices. Visited Robina first and then went to Hyperdome.
Bought a pair of shoes at a discount of 30%. Will definitely go back

• 2 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Love Rivers Online

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

A few of my fave online retailers have closed the last few months so Ive decided to give a positive boost to the ones that are still open!
I have had only good experiences with Rivers online. My parents live in the country so i got to like rivers but i am 1/2 an hour drive from a store in sydney, so I have ordered roughly once a season for the last few years and found the range, service and price brilliant. packages arrive (to metro sydney) within a day or two and i have found the boots, barefoot runners, jeggings, knit tops, jackets, mens shirts etc to be great quality. ive only had to return twice and found the Hurstville store very friendly and easy to deal with.
If you wait for the first 50% discount each season everything is still available in the correct sizes and you can get your all your key pieces foot ware, tops and bottoms in a single order for around the $70 free delivery mark.
My only advice is that some of the prints are a very different to the pics online and the items that are discounted to 75% are always weirdly cut. But if you stick to flat colours/stripes etc and buy in the first round of discounts you will not be disappointed. plus with the money you save, you can buy really nice statement pieces else wear to jazz up your look. Although i recently bought some red suede look boots that i've had nothing but compliments on so rivers occasionally comes through with a statement piece too :-)
i am slightly annoyed that i haven't seen rivers join a the living wage agreement for textile workers in Bangladesh....if Kmart can do it surely rivers can? but i am hopeful this will be rectified in the near future.

NSW

• 11 comments
  • 17 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

The online service was actually pretty good and quicker than expected. The order arrived the day after we bought our items when the expected time frame was 3-5 business days or even longer during sales, and it was during a sale.
In store we had the same experience as somebody else, and in the same shop, that is to say 5-10 minutes before closing they don't let customers try on clothes any more because they are obviously afraid it might take too long and they might have to work a couple of minutes longer.
The quality is not stellar, but for sales (50-70% off) it is good enough.

1 of 8 pages

called in at nelson bay,nsw store today to be told ladies shoes were no longer available in sizes 42 and 43 even though these sizes are very popular in all stores, why is this? I am a size 43 very disappointed with this decision.

roxyboy asked on May 14, 2015

Answer this

Not sure though you could try contacting rivers Australia headquarters and try asking them if you like

I have over many years been a loyal customer of Rivers. The days of the quality retail stores have gone. For the past few years since the closing of the retail shops and the change to the Outlets I have been getting rashes from shirts. Despite washing these I still get rashes. There is no doubt it is from chemicals. How can we be assured these chemicals aren't harmful?

Newbie asked on Apr 03, 2015

Answer this

I can't say I have had any problems with rivers clothes

That happened to me and I just changed the washing powder to quality washing liquids such dynamo maximum, cold power and or omo and that was the end of that / if it still gives you problems after that it's probably time to buy some fresh new clothes

I get rashes from the shoes! Must be the chemicals

Hi i bought black corten jeen from belarose store .i live ryde .i found that is was so tired , size.34.i dont think i would.vist belarose rivers store soon.dfo homebush rivers store is close ti me .can i get regund from homebush instead of belarose? Plz advise thx

lakhbir singh asked on Jan 21, 2015

Answer this

If its a rivers product, rivers may refund if its not been used,or exchange it. Best thing to do is go to the shop with your receipt and ask.