Melbourne

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

Fast delivery, Fantastic service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Recently I ordered some items online from Rivers Store. Just less than a week, I got all items delivered to my house. I'm totally happy and will order more from this store.

Melbourne vic aust

• 1 comment

Bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

The Werribee Rivers Store has to be one of the worst rivers stores I have been in. One of the rudest people I have ever dealt with or should I say don’t deal with. She doesn’t like to serve you leaves you stand at the register and when you want to asked to be served she always says I didn’t see you there and this has happened on so many occasions and it happened again today but today I walked out without purchasing anything. Surely rivers expects their staff to give some kind of reasonable polite customer service. I did get a lovely young man serve me 2 months back and he even checked outback and found my size in a few colours, but of course he is gone already the decent staff don’t last long. Come on Rivers this store hardly has anything from your catalogue and if you ask that red headed rude woman for any kind of assistance she says it’s only what’s on there with a very don’t care attitude voice.

NARARA

• 15 helpful votes

Extremely bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Had bad experience with online order- only half order provided and no explanation. Went back to store and had rude and bad service. They couldn't explain why only half order delivered. The stores and customer service dont answer their phones. Nor their emails.

Verified Customer

great boots but lacklustre delivery and customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

I bought some boots online on sale and they are really nice, exactly as I ordered. The customer service/delivery however did not go so well. Toll was supposed to deliver them on Thursday 14/6 according to their tracking but didn't. They didn't attempt to deliver again until Monday 18/6 and because I was not home, they left a card. On Tuesday morning 19/6, I completed the authority to leave section of the card and organised a re-delivery to my home again, and received an email confirming this at 8:38 am. I then received a text 3 hours later informing me that my parcel had been returned to the depot and to call to organise a re-delivery (hadn't I already done this?). I didn't call assuming that I would receive my parcel Tuesday or Wednesday 20/6. I also checked the online tracking which by Wednesday 20/6 had not changed since Tuesday (12:50 am). I looked at the 'find my parcel' section of the website which opens an investigation with their freight investigations team, but didn't tell me where my parcel was. On Wednesday 20/6 I received another text telling me to call Toll and arrange a re-delivery or depot collection. I then received a second text 5 mins later telling me that they couldn't leave the parcel unattended due to the sender's (Rivers) restrictions, and that I had to call Toll to arrange re-delivery or depot collection (I am starting to sense a pattern). I ended up calling to organise a depot collection from Adelaide Airport and was told that it would most likely be able to be collected that evening (closing time was 7:30pm) and I would receive a text to confirm this. At 7:15 I had not received a text but drove down there anyway on the off chance that my parcel was there and could be collected. Still no text. Luckily the depot was still open at 7:45 and I was able to collect my package without the card (which was still stuck on my front door with the 'authority to leave' section signed). When I checked the tracking on Thursday 21/6 it was listed as delivered (not collected!). The guy in the depot was really helpful and the woman I spoke to in customer service was pleasant, but they couldn't make up for the inconvenience and run around with the re-delivery. If Rivers had allowed my package to be left it would have been a whole lot simpler for me and everyone else concerned!
I may purchase from the website again, but I certainly wouldn't pay for delivery, opting for the free click and collect from my nearest store. Overall this experience has been only average. I just hope that the boots last...

Sydney

Low prices & average quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Rivers products r sort of OK. The prices r reasonable. If u know what u want u can buy online & get it shipped or collect from ur choice of store. For every day wear thier products are OK. Make sure u try them as sizes r not consistent. The have a reasonable return policy. If it's defective u get ur money back. Thier stores r usually packed with goods, but they are not really well coordinated. If u r looking for a specific item & size ur best to ask an attendant or you will waste ur time looking.

Strathfield, NSW

• 13 comments
  • 29 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Poor customer service when things go wrong

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Warning: Any company that doesn't monitor reviews does not care about customer satisfaction.

My online order has the wrong address, randomly added. It's very difficult to get any response on the phone or through messaging. They put the wrong address on my order and there seems to be nobody who can change it. When I finally spoke to someone she couldn't see my account to see the address. She says there doesn't appear to be any address at all in my account, whereas I can see it. She can't tell me why this has happened. It's never happened to me before. My previous orders went smoothly, and I did nothing differently.

Now I sit here looking at the wrong address on my order wondering what will happen next. She says she can't do anything until it is with the couriers. Weird service.

Rivers has outsourced its customer service and they are not very good at it, because they are limited in what they can do or see. She can't see into my account to check the address or fix the order.

After buying my families winter wardrobe from Rivers I will not be buying from them again, because I can't trust it.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

How the mighty have fallen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I remember buying my shoes from the Bendigo store 30 years ago, the quality was awesome and they lasted for years. In fact, I still have a pair I bought over 20 years ago. Rivers Shoes was one of my favourite brands.

Skip forward a few years and the quality seemed to be dropping so I stopped shopping there; until three weeks ago. It is cold so I bought a pair of Ugh styled ankle boots to walk around the house in. Three weeks later, the sole has detached from the right boot. Upon closer inspection, joining the boot to the rubber sole is a layer of cardboard which has simply ripped apart. Are you serious??? No stitching or anything, just rubber glued to cardboard glued to boot.

Sorry guys, but you have lost a customer now for life, I won't be returning. If I could give '0 stars' I would, it is so disappointing to be writing this when I think back to your humble origins in Bendigo all those years ago.

• 2 comments

Really great shoes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I needed shoes for a wedding, bought some on line from Rivers, very happy with them, fitted perfect, so bought some sandals, shaggers, and short boots, all fitted perfect and very comfortable. Arrived over night. Great service, I am a size 37.

Acrylic is not a fabric. Please, use natural fabrics.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

Ive tried to put a review in for Rivers, but it got rejected... Acrylic is not a fabric, but plastic. Come on Rivers, get Natural, all natural product, its in demand. Listen to your buyers. [name removed] on June 02, 2018 says it all in the comment. My hiking shoes, water proof lost its first shoe lace loop first hike in NZ. Boat shoes come apart within weeks. IM disappointed Rivers. You USED TO BE GOOD.

Fast delivery good quality

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Ordered three jumpers and a jacket online. Items arrived very quickly and were good quality. Jumper sizing a bit off (too big) so had to exchange. Overall would use online again now that I understand their sizing.

Jumper falling apart while wearing it for the first time

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

Bought a knitted jumper and while wearing it yesterday for the first time I noticed it is coming apart . I won't be buying from Rivers again. Their return policy states that to return an item it must be unworn and in original condition.Waste of money.

Fast Delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

Im not one to write reviews but i ordered last night and received my order today definetly will order from rivers again! The jumpers i brought were great quality very happy

Esk

Great Buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Rivers deliver, I badly wanted a pair of boots and found exactly what I was looking for. Ordered on the 14th April and had them on the 18th. Just amazed at the speed at which I got them and they are perfect. I am in regional Queensland and don't have time to go shopping in store, online was a great buy.

Vic

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

wrong shoe sizes

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I Bought a pair of ladies size 11 short Chelsea boots online from Rivers, I normally take a size 9-10, but have had bad experiences with Rivers shoe sizing before so I thought I'd go for a size 11, luckily it was click & collect at the store as these boots were like a size 7, way too small for me, so I ended up changing them at the store for a men's size 8 in a similar Chelsea boot, however, it cost me $30 more, eventually all turned out ok,so I would advise others to try before you buy as there does seem to be sizing problems with shoes.

Worst online ordering experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

For 2nd time ordered items online within 6 months ( For very cheap sales bargains ) and for 2nd time no notification about the order status after 7 days Through email or anything . It’s an online ordering for store pickup and still waiting for any notification from Rivers . It’s really the worst and slowest online shopping experience ever .

Gatton, Queensland, Qld

• 12 comments
  • 23 answers
  • 57 helpful votes
Private message

Very good selection of products at good prices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

I usually find that the products I buy in Rivers stores are of good quality, and the shoes are so comfortable and well made. The sales they have enable customers to buy quality goods at very good prices.

Cairns

• 4 answers

Comfort Products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Having a -" foot condition-" I have used RIVERS shoes for 10 years.Always stocking many varieties of shoes,esp casual joggers I can buy a years supply for $100/125.Soles don't wear out,inner thick foam linings,and firm all round,a great comfort to my less abled feet.Highly recommend these very affordable RIVERS shop items.

Returns nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

Even though the Returns policy is on display at the counter the sales assistant said I couldn’t return 2 pairs of “Men’s shorts” that where for a very slim boy.
When the assistant was shown the Rivers policy that confirmed my right to exchange for shorts that fitted a man, she grabbed the sign, hid it and told me the rules had changed.
When I followed it up with management - the was allot of telling me of how hard their job was and not being able to find sales information from their end, but no follow up.
Never ever shopping at River again.

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2018

Mens shoes leather uppers rubber soles, worn approx 5 times, soles have fallen apart, returned to Bendigo store and told "they are made to breakdown if not worn much and i should not have kept them under bed". Yes its hard to believe that they offer that as an excuse for what amounts to selling RUBBISH.

Monto QLD

• 4 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Total satisfaction !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

This Retailer doesn't muck around ! I ordered 4 pairs of Shorts Saturday night; they were delivered interstate to country queensland by priority post Tuesday morning freight free.
Quality of material and manufacture were reasonable for the price, and size was perfect.
I have not previously been a fan of Rivers from previous experience, and so this is the first time that I have ordered from them online. Based on this transaction, I would check them out again for any future requirements.
One proviso, when buying clothes online you can't try before you buy, so be sure you are buying the right size, else you will be responsible for return freight/postage.

1 of 9 pages