Good Quality product and friendly, helpful staff.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Plenty of variety in men's clothing and footwear.
The staff were friendly and helpful, even though it was very busy and a new store.
No problems with going back to Rivers Gladstone in the future.

Unacceptable behaviour

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

When we were shopping in rivers Gladstone qld. The rudeness of the Manager [name removed] was terrible. Will not be going back she made us wait 20mins to be served them Spoke in a rude manner.
Alice

Hike & Bike have gone downhill

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

I bought a pair of Hike & bike shoes a few years ago and they were very good - very comfortable, and lasted really well.
So a few months ago I bought another pair of the shoes and a pair of boots too. BAD MISTAKE !!.
The current versions are rubbish!!. The sole is coming off one shoe the lining has split on the other and the laces are falling apart on all of them. Both pairs have been lightly used - not worn a lot or in rough conditions.
I have not bothered to take them back because they are will outside the 30 day return time.

The Cut of the Clothing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

The cut of the clothing is going a bit haywire. Tried on a lovely womens shirt and the long sleeves were far too narrow, I dont have big arms I was very disappointed. Bought a mens shirt for my husband, nice shirt, sleeves too narrow and he is certainly not a big man. There is something wrong with the patterns that they cut from maybe they are basing them on asian size. Over the year s we have bought many things from Rivers in the beginning the sizing was better as was the quality. Come on Rivers you can fix these problems!.

Alexandra Headland, Qld

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Rivers Australia Membership Computerised Program Needs Urgent Repair

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Rivers Australia computerised membership points program is in need of urgent repair. It needs fixing ASAP.

Customers want to know their membership number, how many points they have and can they use them for online purchases as well as in-store purchases.

I have never seen such a retail companies membership rewards program computer system like this. You waste all your Australian store staff's time trying to figure out the points for each membership customer.

It should be relatively easy to fix up this up.

Very happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

Have bought clothing and footwear online from Rivers several times over the past couple of years. Always delivered promptly and without any hiccups. Excellent service. Will continue to buy from Rivers online in the future.

Private message

Pants are made for giants.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Why do Rivers have all their pants made for giants. Waist sizes are correct but the length is far too long.
Make them in a regular sizes please, as it used to be.

• 10 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 11 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Good Quality Shoes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

Have purchased several pairs of shoes online as I have difficulty getting to the shops. I am very happy with their service and order regularly. I find the quality pretty good god the most part, as the heavily discounted prices are great value. I gave never had a problem returning an item if it doesn't fit or I'm not happy with the design.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Sorry to report but was refused a refund on a pair of shoes bought in store that didn't fit. Head office cannot produce refund policy so according to ACCC it doesn't exist. Have reported them.

• 1 question

Shoddy shoes; shoddy warranty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

I bought two pairs of Rivers Hike n Bike shoes online. After a walk up the Pyramid, the first pair was coming apart at the front. I took them to a store for a refund. The manager gave me a $29 credit for the $40 shoes. This was because, they were a month out of warranty. They were a month out because I had emailed Rivers Head office repeatedly, without getting any response. The second pair developed terminal cracks in the soles after 6 months of general use (no bushwalking). They are really poor quality and cannot handle any sort of terrain without splitting. Before these, I had a pair of New Balance runners that lasted six years of heavy use.

Gold Coast

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Bargains

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

Never been in the store. Was referred by a friend. A good range of products at very good prices. Visited Robina first and then went to Hyperdome.
Bought a pair of shoes at a discount of 30%. Will definitely go back

• 2 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Love Rivers Online

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

A few of my fave online retailers have closed the last few months so Ive decided to give a positive boost to the ones that are still open!
I have had only good experiences with Rivers online. My parents live in the country so i got to like rivers but i am 1/2 an hour drive from a store in sydney, so I have ordered roughly once a season for the last few years and found the range, service and price brilliant. packages arrive (to metro sydney) within a day or two and i have found the boots, barefoot runners, jeggings, knit tops, jackets, mens shirts etc to be great quality. ive only had to return twice and found the Hurstville store very friendly and easy to deal with.
If you wait for the first 50% discount each season everything is still available in the correct sizes and you can get your all your key pieces foot ware, tops and bottoms in a single order for around the $70 free delivery mark.
My only advice is that some of the prints are a very different to the pics online and the items that are discounted to 75% are always weirdly cut. But if you stick to flat colours/stripes etc and buy in the first round of discounts you will not be disappointed. plus with the money you save, you can buy really nice statement pieces else wear to jazz up your look. Although i recently bought some red suede look boots that i've had nothing but compliments on so rivers occasionally comes through with a statement piece too :-)
i am slightly annoyed that i haven't seen rivers join a the living wage agreement for textile workers in Bangladesh....if Kmart can do it surely rivers can? but i am hopeful this will be rectified in the near future.

NSW

• 11 comments
  • 1 question
  • 17 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

The online service was actually pretty good and quicker than expected. The order arrived the day after we bought our items when the expected time frame was 3-5 business days or even longer during sales, and it was during a sale.
In store we had the same experience as somebody else, and in the same shop, that is to say 5-10 minutes before closing they don't let customers try on clothes any more because they are obviously afraid it might take too long and they might have to work a couple of minutes longer.
The quality is not stellar, but for sales (50-70% off) it is good enough.

Brisbane

Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

I bought a pair of boot type shoes for $59.00 at end of April 2017. Wore them once for about 4 hours. I then put them away nicely wrapped in a pillow case in my wardrobe.( Didn't think I had to check that they were OK). I got them out at the end of June to wear again and after walking at home in them before going out I felt there was something different about one of the shoes. Took it off and one of the heels had lost the bottom off it. It would have come off the first time I wore them because I could not find it anywhere. Couldn't wear them that day.... disappointed. As I didn't think to keep the receipt (but had my visa card statement to prove I bought them from Rivers with store location) hoping to get maybe a refund or credit at the store. The best they could do was offer $21 back because I didn't have the store receipt. How long is one expected to keep the receipt? I thought bank statements were pretty accurate proof of purchase. I didn't use my Rivers card on the day of purchase as I was in a hurry and tired and simply didn't want to rummage through my bag to find it. Please tell your customers that using your Rivers card is also proof of purchase. One might be bothered to look for it when buying goods from your store. Taking the $21 meant I don't get to keep the shoes. So I took the shoes and not the money. Not sure how much it will cost to get the heel fixed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Fast delivery of online orders

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

I have had problems with my feet and need to wear shoes with orthotics. I have found Rivers shoes and boots to be the most comfortable and able to accommodate my orthotics. I often purhase online and take advantage of the 50% discount for members. Items always arrive within 2 working days even though I live a rural area. The only negative comment I could make is that there's not many ladies shoes available in leather.

Bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2017

Went to Rivers store at Wollongong on 17/6/17 and was told by management that store was closing in 5 minutes. I had several clothes to try on and was told it was too late and come back another time . In total I had 2 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of trousers and 3 shorts. Probably about $200 worth. Well Rivers in my opinion that's bad management. Obviously in a hurry to be somewhere else. Don't really care about the customer at all. Never will I recommend or shop at Rivers again. You lost a sale.

Sydney

Suspect Techniques

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Loved the old Rivers clothing stores. Then they were taken over by a clothing chain whose entire background was in women's wear. I could see it all going badly wrong. Maybe Rivers would disappear. Well they're still here BUT they've jacked up their price average by at least 50%. (e.g. Jeans that used to be $15 are now $35.) There's a major shift to women's clothes. (In some stores it's hard to find the menswear. It's usually the back in the corner.) The terrific original rewards program has been replaced with a pretty useless gift voucher system. (The vouchers have a very short use by time.) The clothing range is okay but not as interesting as the old days. (Though they never have your size when you get there.) And finally I'm sick of being bombarded by emails and other promo material offering amazing discounts, to find that when I go to the store there's very little of the stock discounted, it's very hard to find and they do the old pea and thimble trick of discounting items one week and then jacking the price up again a few days later. Been caught one time too many.
Finally sick of it, going elsewhere.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

nice staff but no leather boots for women

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

I am lucky as the staff at the Browns Plains Rivers are always polite and helpful. My only complaint is that all of the ladies boots are lower quality synthetic material. Only the men's boots are available in leather with a 2 year warranty. This is extremely annoying as I only wear leather for comfort and durability.

Adelaide, South Australia

• 7 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 5 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Worse than a op-shop

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2017

Went to their Gepps Cross store. In the whole store they only had one pair of cargo pants that was my size. The dressing room was small and filthy! The store was cramped and dirty. Beats me how they survive?

• 2 helpful votes

Poor online service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Sent email enquiry 2 weeks ago...no response.. Tried again and again, following a phone call which resulted with a 10 minute wait so I hung up.
Due to lack of response, I made my purchase elsewhere..

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 4 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Invasive Advertising

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2017

I recently became a member of the River's Loyalty Program after making my first purchase at my local store.

Since then I've been bombarded with advertising emails. I can put up with that or unsubscribe but I've noticed of late that there appears to be some sort of spyware contained within their advertising.

Every time I've looked at something, another email immediately arrives hassling me to buy the article. Today I actually added a pair of sandals to my "cart" and decided against buying them. Immediately after removing them I received an email from Rivers asking me to complete the purchase.

How else would they know what I'd looked at or put into my cart if they didn't have some sort of spyware/malware contained within their advertising propaganda?

I think I'll be unsubscribing from their sneaky advertising blitz.

I recently made an online order after reading other customer's reviews about the quality online experience. After 3 days I've heard nothing and received nothing so I'm wondering what is wrong with their "stellar" online service

1 of 8 pages

called in at nelson bay,nsw store today to be told ladies shoes were no longer available in sizes 42 and 43 even though these sizes are very popular in all stores, why is this? I am a size 43 very disappointed with this decision.

roxyboy asked on May 14, 2015

Answer this

Not sure though you could try contacting rivers Australia headquarters and try asking them if you like

I have over many years been a loyal customer of Rivers. The days of the quality retail stores have gone. For the past few years since the closing of the retail shops and the change to the Outlets I have been getting rashes from shirts. Despite washing these I still get rashes. There is no doubt it is from chemicals. How can we be assured these chemicals aren't harmful?

Newbie asked on Apr 03, 2015

Answer this

I can't say I have had any problems with rivers clothes

That happened to me and I just changed the washing powder to quality washing liquids such dynamo maximum, cold power and or omo and that was the end of that / if it still gives you problems after that it's probably time to buy some fresh new clothes

I get rashes from the shoes! Must be the chemicals

Hi i bought black corten jeen from belarose store .i live ryde .i found that is was so tired , size.34.i dont think i would.vist belarose rivers store soon.dfo homebush rivers store is close ti me .can i get regund from homebush instead of belarose? Plz advise thx

lakhbir singh asked on Jan 21, 2015

Answer this

If its a rivers product, rivers may refund if its not been used,or exchange it. Best thing to do is go to the shop with your receipt and ask.