I Need Video Camera Glasses

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Dear Specsavers I request a new brand of glasses that have cameras in them. I would like to purchase them. I need to record someone without them seeing me with my phone.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

A big thank you to the staff at Cairns Central Qld branch. Needed 2 pairs of new glasses for myself and hubby whilst traveling round australia (from Perth). The staff were very professional , very informative on products. Explained i needed them urgently and they went out of their way to help. They arrived on time and were adjusted to suit. I returned the following day to have them adjusted again and was greeted by the Manager who was very friendly and professional. Thanks again Cairns branch, best service i have had from Specsavers.

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Poor quality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I purchased 4 pairs of glasses (2 for hubby, 2 for myself) with the anti-reflective coating. Worst money I have ever spent. Impossible to keep clean. I've ended up going to my optomitrist to get new lenses put into the same frames. Customer service at Arundel is poor. The only good thing I have to say is the frames are nice. Go elsewhere for service and decent lenses - you do get what you pay for!

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Wrong prescription for my daughter.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

The optometrist would not listen and my daughter and she received the wrong prescription. We took our daughter to the opposition and confirmed the wrong prescription.
Will never go back to Specsavers again after I have sorted this lot out.

Melbourne

Private message

Make sure you allow plenty of time!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Whilst the staff were extremely polite and helpful at the Forest Hill store, even with a booked and confirmed appointment the wait time was excessive. For a consult and eye test I was in there 90 minutes. Good thing I had chosen my frames in advance!

Specsavers wells rd: Drives style and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

All the team there at Specsavers frankston wells rd.. deliver on the highest level of service.. My 5 year old got fitted with new specs today and the whole team made her feel normal and confident in wear glasses... they were so attentive in their approch and comitment in getting the right style...

Tascott

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Masters of upselling

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Their pricing is structured so that the customer is forced to get add ons for absolutely everything. Constant upselling to get you to pay more and more until the specs end up costing a fortune. I've taken back countless pairs of specs that have broken. Always my fault even when it is clearly the lack of quality of the frames. High pressure selling at its worst. Only plus is the eye exam which was very thorough and professional.

Private message

Always great service and good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

We have attended the same Specsavers store for years and every time the staff and friendly and courteous. Always happy to repair or adjust glasses. Were understanding when trying to get correct fitting contact lenses and had to trial several pairs.

Lismore Heights

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

My glasses

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Purchased my glasses from spec savers, and screws keep falling out. Had new screw put in but it keeps happening I'm not happy will try a new company next time.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Go elsewhere for hearing aids.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

I have been wearing hearing aids my entire life and found the aids purchased from Specsavers to be woefully inadequate. After a couple of months of unsuccessful adjustments the aids were returned for a refund, but, I seem to be getting the run around as far as getting my money back goes.
Extremely disappointed with Specsavers Audiology. They should stick to selling glasses.

Not worth the money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2018

Lenses are the cheap and nasty; hard to keep clean. The various filter add-ons are a ripoff-off. My glasses were supposed to be anti-glare/anti-flare for better vision when driving at night. They were terrible! Was not happy with the prescription either. Never again! Money is too hard to come by to waste it on this business. I returned to OPSM and am once again seeing better and getting what I pay for.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Excellent customer service-would definitely recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Very helpful staff from Morley Galleria, Perth. I would suggest more people to check out that store although there are 2 specsavers in the Galleria shopping centre do try the one nearest Woolworth. Definitely recommend that store as they assisted me in a difficult situation whereby i had to submit my vision form to fufill a certain government criteria. They made a difficult situation bearable and all staff was professional in dealing with me including the manager as well.

Adelaide

Verified Customer

Make sure you use two hands - not impressed.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Been using specsavers for several years and found that the arms on the frames usually come quite loose in a short time. Admittedly I've had them tightened when I've returned with no issue but it turns out to be a temporary fix as they soon become loose again. This time however one has finally fallen off (goodness knows where either at home, the supermarket, car, bus, street - who knows). However, I cannot find the arm. Took the remains of the glasses back to Specsavers today (at a different branch than usual) hoping that they could just put a new arm on or offer some kind of replacement but oh no. According to the sales staff I have "forced" the arm off myself and it is not under warranty. Strangely enough, they were the "Flex" arms which I bought at the time due to the sales pitch given in that they would resist bending and therefore highly unlikely to break unless a pregnant elephant stood on them. I then went to the branch I actually bought them from and got the same answer (well at least they are consistent). The young lady then took it one step further and asked if I "always used both hands or one hand only when removing the glasses from my head". After a stunned silence while I performed a mental recall of myself putting on and taking off various glasses over the past 17 years I came to the conclusion that I probably use two hands as it is naturally far more comfortable to remove them that way. Anyway, according to the salesperson it is really good to use two at all times because just using one could damage the glasses. Who would have thought? I can only guess this question was put to me because the quality of glasses from Specsavers is such that using two hands at all times will reduce the possibility of them falling apart. Strangely enough I couldn't see this printed anywhere on their advertising material. Why anyone would want to "force" the arms off an expensive pair of flex glasses I am not sure but according to the good staff at Specsavers I am capable of such a thing without the assistance of a pregnant elephant. It will cost me $209 to replace the frames and I only bought the glasses in August last year. The first salesperson I saw was even kind enough to agree that it might be better if I just wait until I'm due to replace the glasses anyway. That will be at least another year so how thoughtful? Well it certainly won't be at Specsavers. I will never go back to Specsavers again neither will the rest of the family. Why would I if your sales pitch is all about value and I have to replace shoddy workmanship myself and the glasses are now technically useless. In fairness, the young lady I saw today was quite polite but totally unphased when I asked her to remove my account from their records as I would no longer be a customer. I guess now that I am aware of the lack of customer service and product quality offered by Specsavers it is far easier for them to remove me without making any effort to try and keep my business somehow by offering any kind of solution. What a joke.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

End of last year I got my eyes tested and used my health fund to claim back 100 percent as per my fund. Spec savers told me to come back in new year and get sunglasses as well. I came back and used my health fund to purchase two pairs of sunnies with health fund paying for them. The glasses were named brand, I never knew I could do that, so I got great service and great ghlasses

Maffra

Private message

Unhappy with specsavers services.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

My eyesight test was professional and courtious, however when it came to purchasing eyeglasses the service was geared to make them as expensive as possible, with no consideration for the user.
Having chosen transitional lenses for my first pair, I was manoeuvred into getting sunglasses for the second pair. Quite useless when the transitionals were already performing that job.
I also chose multifocal lenses which don't perform adequately unless I tilt my head downwards, very frustrating.
After sale service was poor at best being told the bedding in period had expired and I would have to pay for any alterations, this was disappointing as I did my best to become accustomed to the glasses without being a niusance to Specsavers.

In summary , beware the person selling you the glasses. They will push for the expensive options with little regard to suitability for the client.
My guess is that they sell on commission.

I went to Specsavers and have returned to a private optometrist.
Buyer beware.

Private message

Product quality and staff attitude

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

The store is well set out with prices marked on most frames and products. The range is limited, mainly because although there are several brands, the designs are so similar as to make it seem like there's only one choice.
I've been using and buying from Specsavers for over ten years simply because they are cheap and I'm stingy and although I used to find the rude staff and ridiculous blunders a little funnier than it was inconvenient, (think Basil Fawlty) this last time was just horrible. Rude, arrogant, snappy, and no fun at all. I think it's time to move on.

Private message

Staff do not Read the Manual of their Permitary Visual Test Machine.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I had a perimetry visual test for Aged Drivers licence check. The test is conducted in Room the size of a wardrobe. You sit on a chair which means you have to bend double to see into the machine this means your breathing is restricted. The operator then takes ten minutes with you in this contorted position to set up the machine. Then a further 15 minutes of the test. You are not allowed to wear your normal glasses, despite the Manual for the Machine saying Patients normal glasses may be worn. Result you get a fail. Specsaversare the failures. Do No Go To SPECSAVERS.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Poor quality, disappointed, poor effort to fix solution.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

The experience of getting my eyes tested by the optometrist was fantastic. She was very professional, friendly and gave me good insight about my eye health.
Unfortunately this is where my good experience ends.
I am left extremely unsatisfied. Upon recieval of my glasses, they were way too loose.
They were then tightened manually with a lady bending them with her hands.... I found this quite behind the times and never had noticed this be a thing before with spec savers. After several trip and errors of her “fixing them” it still didn’t fix the solution. I walked out with glasses that were weirdly pressed against my face and didn’t sit properly and super loose.
As I wear my glasses everyday this obviously is quite frustrating having glasses that do not for your face...
After two months both my pairs of glasses lost arms in the same week... (weirdly they weren’t dropped, simply when I picked them up the arm became loose and fell off).
I found this quite poor in relation to quality as I had only just got them.
I went back, they fix them and then re tighten them again with their bare hands?
Not only is this a little u hygienic,it seems so old fashioned?
They then tightened them with a hot machine (not sure what it is called) which resulted in them still not fitting right. One of the pairs is now pushed onwards to my face and uncomfortable, the other is already starting to be loose again.

I have been a customer of specsavers for over 10 years and 2018 is sadly an inconveniently my biggest year of disappointment with them.

The frames seem to be of a more cheap quality. Due to this I hate wearing them, despite being quite blind and needing them I try and avoid wearing them at all costs due to them being so uncomfortable and such a hassle.

I don’t think I will be a returning customer as it has been a waste of time and money unfortunately. 6 months in and I already need new glasses when in the past my pairs of glasses have lasted in great form for years.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Good. I think it is pretty good. The staff is passionate. I feel all good. They are professional. That is it.

• 5 helpful votes

Absolute rubbish company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

I always thought Specsavers were really cheap and had a great deal but nope not at all! Not to mention they barely last 12 months. Go to Oscar Wylee - much better quality and cheap!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 53 pages

Hi I got two for the price of one frames two years ago from spec savers one pair I never used I have just had a new prescription done I want to use my spare frame I still have and never used. What is spec savers policy on this? I'm asking this question because spec savers must have a policy on it. I find the store is up sell new frames and if this is not possible can I ask for a copy of my prescription so I can get it done at Big W as I know they do , do it . Kind regards

Ldsailer42 asked on Oct 10, 2018

Answer this

Hi, not sure, I would imagine they would charge you to redo the script. You can go anywhere and the new shop will request your script from them (if you don’t want to ask for it)

Hi there,

You should be able to use your existing frame to put your new prescription lenses in. If you take them into a Specsavers store, a member of the team will be able to advise you on the time this will take and how much it will cost.

My grandsons arm fell of his Hugo boss glasses few months ago,I Had to to pay £89 for new ones he has had them just going on four months and arm on them going the same as others will I have to pay again, which I cannot afford to again. Any suggestions?

June asked on Oct 10, 2018

Hi June,

The best thing for you to do is to take the glasses back into store and explain your concerns. A member of the team will be able to assist and explain what your options are.

I brought a pair of glasses a month a go, had headaches the first 3 weeks they are a stronger prescription then before the headaches have slowly got less but also I have had to contend with the frames being heavy on my nose and really uncomfortable pain behind my at the side of my head I’ve persevered with them but I can’t seem to wear them for long even after taking them off I am still getting uncomfortable pain can my frames be changed and do I need to pay for that to be done. Any suggestions?

Nicki asked on Oct 06, 2018

Hi Nicki,

I'm sorry to read that you're having issues with your new specs. You mentioned that you've had them for a month, which would mean that you're within our 3 month "No Worries, No Fuss" guarantee. Pop back into the store when you have some time and a member of the team can have a look into your issues. It may be as simple as making some adjustments to your frame or if not, they can help you select a more comfortable frame and this will be covered under our 3 month guarantee.

See all 283 questions about Specsavers