Rip off merchants

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

Stayz are hopeless. The owner of the property we dealt with was very helpful and accommodating. Stayz have dropped the ball in recent times on customer service and their systems are nothing short of useless. After 5 weeks of frustration I paid a cancellation fee on a place I didn't book just to get a refund on the place I never booked. Stayz confirmed that I never made the booking but would not give my money back. They tried to put it on the owner to pay cancellation fee and would release my refund until somebody did.

Ripped off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

The inability to enquire about a properties suitability for your needs without putting though a booking request has cost me $2600. I put through a booking request with questions that would determine if a property is suitable for my wife's 40th birthday get together. A deposit $1301 was taken without answering my questions. I rang immediately to have the questions answered or cancel the booking. The management company "weekenda" and Stayz kept passing the buck between each other after I cancelled the booking I was informed I would not receive an y of my deposit back unless they re let the property. now a further 1301 has been taken off my credit card after cancelling the booking. I even have emails to show it was cancelled. But both companies are saying that the booking was not cancelled. So $2600 later my wife's 40th is a shambles all because I wanted to enquire in good faith to book the property. Jenny Eco lodge is probably unaware of the terrible practices going on, I wonder if they care. Do not let se Weekenda or stayz. If you do have an issue they will hide behind their terms and policies, even if your problem is reasonable and obviously of no detriment to anyone.

Worst Customer Service I've ever come across.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

Booked accomodation but property was already inhabited by unknown individuals, staying for free, I heard. Property manager denied it was his fault, the inhabitants at that time were blamed. All sorts of excuses were made by owner/manager, offered an alternative, unofficial property different from the one booked, impossible access, and a downgrade from original booking. Owner then went on to claim I had stole or lost his room keys and security card at a cost of around $150.00, whilst I complained I was down almost $1500, this didn't even prickle his conscience.
Owner then refused a refund, told a whole load of porky pies about the situation. He had greatly inconvenienced me and my young family, but that still didn't make him move. Obviously a person with little empathy, compassion or conscience as far as I could tell.

Numerous phone calls to Stayz, sounded like calls direct to the Phillipines, definitely not in Australia. 4 different consultants assured me a full refund would be given, highlighting the amounts and when they would come through to my bank. 5th consultant corrected me and said, no that's not true, only the owner can agree to a full refund. So wasted around 5 phone calls over 5 separate days discussing the issue with Stayz.

Truly terrible. Buyer beware.

Sydney

• 22 helpful votes
Private message

Absolute thieves and unscrupulous owners!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

As others have suggested, absolute thieves. Booked an apartment in good faith, owner accepted money and sent confirmation. Arrived and someone else was already staying in apartment. Offered alternative accomodation which was a joke. Trying to get refund from Stayz is an absolute joke. They claim they can refund and then bull**** that they can't. Avoid. Reporting Stayz and apartment owner to fair trading.

Thiefs!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Stayz are thieves!!! A day before we were meant to check in we couldn't get hold of the property owner, she had delisted the property from Stayz back in November but Stayz never bothered to tell us and and took the final payment anyway and now we have nowhere to stay and they are refusing to give our money back. We will be reporting this to fair trading, horrendous organisation, with terrible customer service reps who are liars! I have never experienced this in my life and will be taking this further!!! NEVER USE STAYZ THEY ARE THIEVES!

Mission Beach Queensland

Don't use Stayz

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

It is virtually impossible to contact Stayz as a customer. We rented a terrible property in Margaret River through the Stayz website. It was very expensive and we arrived to find the property had never been cleaned. The kitchen was almost unusable due to the dirty state we found it. We have tried to contact Stayz but it is impossible. We will never use this booking site again.

• 3 helpful votes

Cheap Prices Advertised For Harvesting Information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Don't bother with this mob. Website has advertising for properties in Thredbo for 2 nights in July (peak ski season) titled "2 Nights From $46". There are several listings such as this. Most of the properties in Thredbo go for more than $1,000 for 2 nights at this time of year. When personal details are sent, supposedly to the property owner to check availability, the only reply you receive is not from the owner, but a standardized spiel from Stayz telling you to look for accommodation on the website for the dates that you wish to stay. I was ALREADY doing that. Professionalism? Forget it. This mob is a joke. Read the other reviews.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Worst company to deal with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I made a reservation through stayz then when it came to the final payment stayz flagged the card as possible fraudulent which I only found out after I had tried numerous times to re enter details then contacting them numerous times they told me it was fixed and it was the banks fault so I contacted the bank and they told me there had been only 1 attempt to take the remaining balance and that was on the original date. So after another so called attempt to take the payment I contacted stayz again and asked to stop trying to take the final payment and to cancel the booking so that it would not keep trying to take it, stayz then told me that they won't stop trying to take the payment unless the place I'm staying tells them to I repeatedly told them that I want the booking cancelled and I do not authorise them to take anymore money from the card, they lady continued to tell me that they will keep trying to take the remaining balance even after the booking was cancelled.
Stayz is the worst accommodation booking company I have ever used and I will never use them again and I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE. ( I'm still going on my holiday as it isn't the fault of where I'm staying)

Making a booking through a company like stayz shouldn't be so stressful in someone DISGRACEFUL

Sydney

Refund policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

If I could rate stayz a 0 I would! I booked a property in the Hunter Valley called Gartlemann Cottage. On their listing, when showing pictures of the property they included photographs of Gartlemann winery, so putting two and two together, I believed that the property was at the winery. When I received the confirmation the next day, I found that it was not actually at the winery, and was a 14 min drive away. I immediately requested a cancellation, not even 24 hours since making the booking, noting that this was not a change of mind refund and t hat the pictures shown on the advertised property were false. After stayz brushing me off to the owner of the property, I received a partial refund from the owner but there was $55 missing. I then had to go back and forth between the owner and stayz to determine who had the money, with each blaming the other. After I threatened to take further action, stayz finally admitted they had the money and they declined to return the fee which they basically retained as their commission. I again explained they should not punish the customer if an owner was including misleading and inaccurate photos of the property, but they did not care and would not refund me. Well, they have lost a customer, all over $55! What terrible customer service. On the other hand, I cannot speak highly enough of my bank, who credited me the money that stayz stole. I will not be booking with stayz again and would urge anyone looking for accommodation to book elsewhere.

Refund Policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

I recently booked with Stayz and unfortunately had to cancel - my mother died - when I cancelled the booking, five days after the original booking, I was charged the full fee of $754 dollars - no questions were asked - I corresponded with the owner who advised that they had received $54.00 - be aware that this company are going to charge as much as they like with no questions asked

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Trying to list my property

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

My property is in a trust.
Stayz wanted confirmation that I could list this, they asked for the whole trust document!
I sent relevant page, one week later no listing!
Phoned help line, they have no access to reason why this happened..I must phone back another time, work hours when I'm working!
Despite the help centre clearly being overseas so not Australian hours of work.

DANDENONG

• 4 comments
  • 13 helpful votes

Moderators Required at Stayz

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Stayz needs a few moderators to take more control over their clients listings and their webpage. The people that usually list on websites such as Stayz and Airbnb don't bother to update their listings 7 times out of 10. I am sick of getting rejected due to the owner not responding because his either to lazy to update the listing or they want more money by adding all these extra inclusions such as expanding the minimum night listed from 2 days to a week. Just in this last week, I enquired to stay at 5 properties and my request was denied 5 times in a row because the owner failed to respond to me within 24hrs. This is although the dates that I entered were said to be available and our stay was for more than the minimum days required. They make me waste my time by searching for a property, putting in my credit card details, getting a deposit and than with a simple message denying my request due to no response from owner. Disgusting!!

Melbourne

Private message

Lost over $500 in a little over 24 hours.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I enquired through Stayz in April. Listed as a 4 bedroom house in "central Gold Coast". I followed the prompts which included giving my credit card details. I requested 4 nights in July, Confirmation came back the next day, firstly from Stayz and then from the owner stating that the dates were available and the booking was confirmed. However, the owners email noted 3 bedrooms only (not 4) and that there would be additional charges for power used and for any guests visiting during our stay. None of those details were disclosed prior. Also, the address was in Burleigh Waters, not where we wanted to be. So, I responded to both the next day cancelling the booking. But a deposit of $513 (over half the total cost) had already been taken from my credit card( in a little more than 24 hours). I managed to speak to someone at Stayz who told me only the owner could refund my money. And of course the owner doesn't reply to emails, phone calls or texts. Stayz were very quick to take my money but couldn't care less after that! Never again!

• 1 question
Private message

Try to speak to someone from the company about an issue.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I booked a property for an October rental believing i would be charged the deposit fee. I was charged the whole rental, and on principle have tried since then to speak with somebody from stayz with the authority to refund my card payment. I have spent ages on the phone with the Philippines, no supervisor to talk to, no phone number or contact given. Booking with this firm has been a most distressing lesson in frustration and lack of service. never again would i choose to use this company.......... no service, no contact, never again.

Don't waste your time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Don't waste your time people. I've had several owners just cancel for no reason, charge ridiculous cleaning and service fees and offer very little service and sub par accommodation. Such a flawed service.

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Will never ever book with Stayz again customer service is terrible no help what so ever. False advertising booking for 10 people accepted and charged when checked again it only has beds for 8. They were happy to take my money but when I canceled the booking and it was accepted by the owner one month latter still trying to get my deposit of $632.40 Back. The owner of the property is calling them today to see what he can do to help. People go through the owners or another website booking with stayz will only cause trouble. I wish i had read the reviews before I paid my money.

Terrible accommodation website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Tried booking accommodation on this website and had to go elsewhere. Firstly the system of "requesting a booking" and then the owner has 24 hours to respond is ridiculous. Whilst you're waiting for their reply, all other good places will be booked out and 24 hours later, the request "expires" and no one ever tells you why!

I contacted the owner of the place and was only then told there is a minimum stay of 5 nights which was no where documented on the Stayz website. Not to mention the administration fee of 2% they charge. Absolutely frustrating. Will never even bother with this website again.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Disgusting company practices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I and 9 other ladies booked a holiday for 2 nights in a GC Broadbeach home. False advertising, fraud and subsequent small claims court hearing - 4 months later is the bones of our storey. The most disgusting thing about STAYZ is the fact they allow the property owner to go in and absorb our $1000 security deposit into the original booking and then create a fraudulent receipt, and then claim that the bond had never been paid.
There are no financial controls for this company, no consumer protection and certainly no customer service.

Negative reviews not accepted