Canberra

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Love this coffee machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I previously had an old Delonghi machine which was failing and I needed to buy a replacement to be able to continue feeding my coffee addiction in the morning. After shopping around, my sister suggested i look into the Sunbeam models as she had an EM6910 which had lasted her 7 years of off and on usage.

After doing research and pricing I settled on the EM7000 and EM0480 Grinder combo (Recommended) as the EM6910 was no longer sold.

I was very impressed with the quality of the machine when I got it home and it felt solid and looked awesome out of the box. My first few pours were one of trial and error with the Grinder. Once I got that right, the machine told me I was pouring with the correct grind level as the little dial tells you this by indicating 'Grey' for grounds are too coarse or red for grounds are too fine or too tightly packed.

The water wasn't too hot and the coffee was fantastic in Espresso format. The next step was to try the milk frother which worked a treat and the hot water spout did its thing. With a bit of practice I was able to make Lattes like they do at the local Cafe and for a fraction of the cost.

Overall I am extremely happy with this machine 4 years on from purchasing it and it shows no sign of slowing down and is looking like lasting forever.

If you look after your machine including cleaning and maintenance then it will last a very long time.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review Jay!

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Really wakes you up in the morning!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I absolutely am obsessed with my morning coffee and its important I have a machine that works effortless !! I have had this machine for over 2 years now and it is the best purchase I have made and worth every single cent. Never had an issue with this machine and works the best every single time I use it! Very happy customer!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Dee Dawson, great you are loving the machine!! Thank you for reviewing...

Model: EM7000G (Graphite) Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Quality Machine at Excellent price!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

We are coffee snobs - the only thing we are snobbish about. When you have only one or two coffees are they have to be good. The Sunbeam delivers quality consistently.
We have had our machine for 4 1/2 years now and it's probably coming to end of life (there are signs) but it's still making great coffee.
In the early days we could not get consistently- but realised it was possibly our cheap grinder. Wr got a reasonably grinder and get perfect coffee every time. Very happy.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi geffg,
Great to hear it's been such a good machine for you, thanks for the review!

• 1 comment
  • 7 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Superb coffee machine for the demanding home user

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

The EM7000 is at the upper end of consumer machines before you tip over into compact versions of commercial units. As such, it offers features aimed at the aspiring pro, with the ease of use of a more introductory consumer machine, all in a budget-friendly package. In order to meet those competing demands, it does make a few compromises but they're not ones that most users are likely to notice, let alone care about. I've summarised its performance through a few different stages of use below, each of which shows the tension of trying to meet its target market.

The time-out on the machine going into standby is just slightly too short, and it will tend to switch off just before I go back for my second coffee. But to balance that the heat-up is fast, phenomenally fast. Coming from using a range of small boiler, thermoblock and semi-commercial HX or dual boiler machines, I have been struck by how quickly the EM7000 goes from stone cold to ready to brew and steam. It's so fast, in fact, that the outside of the machine is still cold and that includes the portafilter. So you need to make sure to run a shot of water through the filter to bring it up to brew temp before loading your grinds.

The portafilter has single-wall filter baskets, which means you can escape from the myriad horrors of double-wall baskets that dominate cheaper machines. The supplied portafilter and baskets are excellent, but have limited upgrade potential in the future. While the baskets are standard 58mm width, they're not standard depth. So most off-the-shelf filters from other brands will take a slightly lower coffee dose. And the portafilter itself is of non-standard dimensions, so you can't upgrade to a naked portafilter down the track if you're inclined.

The brew controls are incredibly intuitive and easy to use, with volumetric single and double shot options. If you want to tweak it, it does have a programmable brew option as well. But after experimenting with the standard settings, I suspect they would meet the demands of 99% of users without adjustment. The pressure gauge that fires up while brewing is a nod toward the gauges on commercial machines, but the needle jumps slightly erratically, lacks a scale and is more decorative than useful. But it might slightly while dialing in your grinder.

Steaming performance is superb. Really, really superb. The steam wand is easy to use and has plenty of pressure. Not quite the pressure of a commercial, but far beyond most domestics at a pleasant mid-point that still steams fast, without needing super precise timing. It's fast enough to churn out coffees for a group of guests, without the speed you'd want in a cafe. Which is good, because that lets you stretch milk like a pro before having to spend years actually becoming a pro. There's a temperature gauge on the steamer, but like with the brew pressure gauge it's not quite precise enough to be fully useful but is a good learning tool. And of course one of the main advantages for someone coming to this from a cheaper machine, the dual thermoblocks and dual pumps of course mean you can be brewing coffees and steaming milk at the same time.

Cleaning and daily maintenance is easy, but more complex maintenance is also the weakness of balancing between domestic and commercial. Cheaper domestic machines tend to be fairly simple in construction, and easy for an owner to strip back and repair. Compact commercial machines are designed very specifically to be easy to strip back and repair, though the requisite level of owner skill to DIY the fixes is much higher. The complexities of the EM7000 that deliver its performance at that price make it nearly impossible to do any major service beyond cleaning it yourself. If you always take your machine in to the shop for repairs, this won't bother you in the slightest. But if you have always stripped back and repaired your own coffee machines, know that you might have to let someone else have that fun with your new toy.

The EM7000 is aiming for a tough target, but I think it does an admirable job of meeting its requirements. For the money, I haven't seen any other machines come close in their performance.

Purchased at: Gumtree

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Nick.Ward121, thank you for the informative review. I'm sure everyone will find the information very useful.

• 1 answer

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Cafe standard coffee in our own home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Once you get the grinding and packing right the coffee is superb! The machine is easy to use and easy to clean and looks sleek in our kitchen. The milk temp gauge cant be somewhat unreliable so we generally judge by feel (holding the jug) as the "desired 60 degrees" often makes the milk too hot.
Coffee comes out perfect temp and the frothing component is improved from the last model with a thicker stem and lower set temp gauge.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review Jade!

PERTH

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Best Coffee Machine EVER!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2018

Bought mine second hand from Cashies. Best machine ever! Used it ALOT even in my food van and it still works perfectly fine! Sunbeam grinder is a pearler too!! Froths milk really well with temp gaugeDo not buy Delonghi or Saeco, save the money and stick to Sunbeam, you wont regret it!

Purchased at: Cash Converters

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review nothappyjan49!

• 2 answers

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: May 2013

Over used and still going

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

This machine is built like a German tank, it’s unbreakable.
Love it.
It churns out 1kg a week in our home and has not shown any signs of giving up.
Worth every dollar!
This machine gets cleaned on the first day of every new season.
It’s easy to use. Love it

Purchased at: Myer

Comments
Sunbeam Official

That's the way it should be and the fact you descale and clean it regularly really makes a difference. Hope you enjoy many more coffees!!!!

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great for practicing

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

The thing is not that big, perfect for people who just started to learn the skills as the price is quite reasonable, the heat up time is around 18-22mins which i think is quick, the coffees outcome is great and it’s also easy to make a nice coffee and clean the thing, but sometimes the machine is a little bit noisy, but it’s good overall

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Tamieee, thanks for the great review!! However, 18 - 22 mins to warm up? Was this a typo as the machine should take less than a minute to warm up?

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Can't live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

I love the taste of the coffee ! The coffee is so professional and it doesn't take long to make a coffee.To be honest I can't find a nicer coffee at a cafe . Can't wait to get home for a coffee! Very easy to use & very easy to clean .

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Thanks for the great review Diana C!!

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Great machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Such a great machine that when it needed replacing after many years of daily use we got the same model again. Easy to keep clean and maintain and great quality result. Would highly recommend this machine to anyone who is a coffee lover and is after an easy to use machine.

Comments
Sunbeam Official

Hi Melinda.hickey,
Thanks for the fab review, we totally agree!!!

melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great Coffee But Needed Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

This is just over a year old and gets used multiple times a day at out place. We all like it and get good results most every time. Unfortunately about eight months in to ownership we has a complete failure one morning and upon servicing the whole board need replacing. It was out of action for some time although all good again now. Failures can happen and I still love the machine. Looks good and does a mean coffee.

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Served me well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

Very well-designed and built. Great water capacity and so reliable. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a machine that is well-priced, not temperamental and easy to use. It simply does what it should and does it well. I've stuck with Sunbeam machines for awhile now with no issues.

Adelaide

• 2 answers

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2015

3 years strong

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Well this is a positive review as it makes great coffee on the single cup and 90% of the time I am making 1 coffee and 1 tea. It can take a bit to get use to for a novice but when mastered it's easy. Dual cups can be a bit weak, not terrible but making two at once is an art to get the coffee strong enough with this machine.

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Upgrade and also purchased a sunbeam grinder

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

A great machine - yes easy to use in conjunction with my sunbeam grinder. The instructions are easy to follow and the cleaning process is just fine. Is a big improvement of my previous sunbeam product. Very good machine for making many cups of coffee at one time. thank you.

• 2 helpful votes

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

good but not great

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

It's a great machine when it works. Steam pump continues to die and needs to be replaced every six months. Common problem with these models apparently according to the technician. He knows my model of machine like the back of his hand. Which probably isn't a good thing. Luckily in warranty for 5 years on pumps, but annoying as it is usually away for 2-3 weeks at a time

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

No idea how i will live without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

I have absolutely no idea what I would do without my coffee machine. Coffee tastes great. It's easy for me to use as I used to be a barista, but it might not be for everyone. I actually chose this model as I wanted to continue making coffee as I used to before. Quite easy to clean as well!

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Made Me Appreciate Coffee More

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

I love this machine. I had to spend a little time coming up to speed with the baristas art to get the results I wanted, which made me really concentrate on what I was doing. The machine puts out lovely shots of coffees now but you, the operator are part of the process. It gets used every day, often a few times. It never lets me down and always puts out consistent pressure. I am a short black drinker and I have experimented with all kinds of roasts and grinds and learned as I went. I am very happy with his 'toy' and would recommend it to all.

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Wow, the coffee from this machine is the best I have ever tasted, I can't stop at 1 cup.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2018

I have been using this machine for 3 weeks now, I am very impressed with the results, I have been using fresh beans from my local coffee shop and a Breville smart grinder pro set on 7.
The Sunbeam EM7000 is very simple to use and keep clean, a pleasure to use.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Two Years Of Great Coffees

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

I am actually drinking a coffee from this machine as I write this. It produces pretty much a perfect shot. It didn't happen immediately though, there is a definite learning curve with this machine. The first and most important thing to master is the tamping pressure, If you get it "just so" you will produce marvelous results but learning where "just so " is takes time and varies with the beans.
The machine itself is solid, robust and ever reliable, I wouldn't change anything about it. Well maybe the method of refilling the water. that's a bit fiddly but overall I have a great experience with this machine and can produce excellent coffee any time I choose.

Model: EM7000 (Stainless) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Good coffee. Happy with the machine.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Yes we really like this machine, and we use it throughout the day. Its easy to use and clean and looks nice in the kitchen. We use the matching coffee bean grinder which is also good. Most of the time, the coffee i make is really enjoyable. . The machine is well priced and saves me a heap in takeaway.

1 of 10 pages