Filter By:

Switched to Tangerine.....Easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Tangerine kept me informed before every step of the process. The pre-configured modem arrived quickly, the NBN was up and running at their appointed time....I had a technical question which was answered effectively - and with much patience! It's only been four days but so far computers, tv and streaming working beautifully. And fast. We are both really happy.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Great service and great connection , plus the price you can't beat thank you tangerine Telecom for the amazing service

Tangerine - Mehhhhh

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Signed up with Tangerine, no dropouts or connectivity issues, however getting less than their avg speeds suggest avg about 20 mbps during day and drops as low as 1-2mbps during evening peak even on the XLBoost plan. According to NBNCo my service is within specification, so not overly happy with the service.

Connection Type: I don't know

Disappointed.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Waiting on technicians still from the nbn they were suppose to have come yesterday although they didn't. I called customer care the same afternoon and was told they can do nothing until they get an update, so I called again this morning was told the same still waiting!

Ferny Hills

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Appalling unprofessional service.... useless product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2018

I recently moved to a house we bought. Having previously experienced frustrating delays with connecting NBN service at my last place 5 years ago, I made sure to give my chosen ISP (Tangerine) plenty of notice, ordering 10 days in advance. When settlement day came on Tuesday I expected to be able to plug in and go. Of course, this was not the case - the previous owners had instructed their provider to cancel the service on the settlement day two weeks in advance, but this had not been completed. I had several conversations with Tangerine customer service staff and initially I accepted the problem was with the other ISP. It did seem ridiculous to me that I could legally own a house and have taken possession and yet be prevented from having an internet connection because someone else had service connected to MY property. However, Tangerine were very convincing in their arguments that it was NOT THEIR FAULT.
Finally by Thursday the other ISP had cleared the service (after I followed up with them myself - Tangerine apparently were unwilling to do this). It was only at this point that Tangerine even ordered the service that I had purchased 12 days earlier. Then there is the 'standard' (unbelievable) 24-72 hour timeframe for connection. Like any Australian receiving customer service I understand that midday on Thursday is as good as 4:55pm on a Friday but still I am led to believe it is all straightforward (as it should be since the previous owners were connected with no problems just hours ago) and I would be online by the weekend
Unfortunately no one told me to ensure the Arris box was plugged in and powered on before the NBN Co "connection appointment". Indeed no one even told me when said appointment was. Until afterwards, when I called Tangerine and was informed that the appointment had already occured and NBN was unable to get a connection so they would have to send a tech out, with the appointment not available until 7 days later. Of course as a technician I knew if NBN would just retry the connection now that the Arris box was online (i had 4 solid lights) all would be resolved. But no amount of reasoning could get through to the Tangerine staff to get them to follow this up. I was fobbed off at every opportunity by people who had no idea what they were talking about and clearly had no authority (the staff I spoke to were overseas until I requested to speak to someone in Australia - who was standoffish, rude and unqualified). I must have heard 500 times that it wasn't their fault. Well since we can't speak to NBN who's fault it allegedly was, we must be able to complain to the service provider.
To Tangerine's credit when I became too hard for them they simply offered me a refund. I just wish they could have been honest from the beginning that they were incapable of providing the service so I didn't waste almost 2 weeks on them.
I eventually went to another provider who gave me a modem and service on the very same day! Even on the weekend. And at a cheaper price.
I recommend you not waste your time with this outfit - they are a small and unequipped upstart, their staff are unprofessional (even rude) and there is no one willing to go the extra mile to see your connection through.

Great Quick Service would recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

Great experience, Singed up on Tuesday over the phone. Modem arrived Wednesday, plugged it in and all worked. From signing up to being online in less than 36 hours unreal !!

I dealt with John from Tangerine who was easy to deal with and understand. He called me the next day to confirm everything was working and I was happy with the product.

This is how easy things should be. 10/10

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Easy setup and elec was connected on time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

No drop outs, great speed. Good communication with company and an easy set up. All in all a great experience

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Mel, thanks for the 5 stars!

Melbourne

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Couldn't be happier with the change

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Recently switched over to Tangerine for NBN. Their communications have all been timely and helpful. We were having troubles connecting our BYO modem so tech support talked us through the connection process saving us from having to buy a new modem. The customer service definitely rivals the bigger telcos!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Thanks for the 5 stars Suzy!

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Solid connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Fast connection and have experienced no drop outs. Have been with them for a month so far and had no issues.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Paul, glad everything has been running well for you! Thanks for the 5 stars.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Simple and easy to organize and set up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

I decided to switch to NBN and Tangerine provided a good cost effective connection. The staff were helpful and the process was straight forward and we were informed what would happen, when it would happen and what we needed to do to get connected. Tangerine sorted a NBN technician (no cost) to come out to make sure the connection from house to node was working properly and the tech also helped with setting up the modem. Our internet service then started within a couple of hours. We are very happy with our internet speed (about 42Mbps; XL pack) and have had no problems with the service since we got it 2 weeks ago. Tangerine also have a great no lock in SIM only mobile plan that uses the Telstra network at a fantastic monthly discount - worth checking out.
Unique Referral Code:
[details removed]

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Chris, thanks for the 5 stars!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great customer service, quick installation, good price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Recently joined Tangerine and am very happy with the customer service I've received. After signing up for NBN I received up-to-date info regarding the delivery of my modem, connection time and other relevant info and was online a few days later. The connection process was easy and they were available to answer my call promptly. Has been smooth sailing with my connection since.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Jenna, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, and thanks for the 5 stars!

Really happy with tangerine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

It’s been really good to have really happy with it all thank you Tangerine I can recommend it to anyone who is interested in getting the internet on

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Tasha, thanks for the positive review.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Really quick connection. Installation was a week ago and so far the speed has been excellent, even during peak times and no drop outs.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Alkihills, thanks for the 5 stars!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Customer Service Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Just started using Tangerine and was a little bit skeptical due to being such a small company and having some shady reviews about customer service. I recently thought that I lost the router in the mail but the man on the other end of the phone was so friendly and helpful! Definitely would recommend this company to anyone!

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Chels, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, and glad you're happy with our service.

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Amazing product and service received

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

No issues signing up with Tangerine, connection has been stable in my new apartment. Hannah has been lovely and super friendly in helping me sign up for the internet plan and I highly recommend speaking to her to get connected.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Lynn, thanks for the positive review.

Cloverdale

• 1 review

Connection Type: I don't know

Awful service. Constant dropouts. Belmont, WA area

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

This provider blames NBN Co then NBN Co blames the provider. Then the provider blames the router. Replaced the router. Still the same problem. I just stopped asking them for help, its useless anyway. Can't wait to move to a different provider. I just don't want others to experience the same thing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Troy, sorry to hear of your issues. We've reached out via PM to establish your account number so we can properly review your account and provide assistance. We look forward to your response so we can assist further.

Perth

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Excellent service/Speed, Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I am really happy with the service and the speed. Connection was activated within 3 hrs of request. Getting speed of 46 at peak hours. Would recommend to my friends for sure.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Varun, thanks for taking the time to share your experience and thanks for the 5 stars!

This company is awsome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

This connection was awsome and the serive with this company is a pleasure speaking with i would recommend this company to anyone

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Luke, thanks for the great review!

Cradoc

• 3 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Finally good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Faster speed, cheaper price, and no endless phone options to select before you get to speak to a helpful customer service focused person
Wish I’d moved service sooner

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Ros, glad you are enjoying the service and thanks for the 5 stars!

All smooth sailing.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

Connection was smooth and at appointed time. The installer was very helpful and set it up for me. I did use longer Ethernet cables from previous companies. No problems with Tangerine and no dropouts. Speed is double my adsl with wireless.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Toni, thanks for the positive review!

1 of 14 pages