Filter By:

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

customer serviceis a massive improvement over telstra &optus

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

nbn set up ,+ landline & calls ,set up & assistance a massive improvement over telstra & optus, few hiccups initially all resolved by prompt response from the customer service team, working v well with few drop outs, would reccomend to others (we are situated in wa)

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

Excellent customer service from Hannah J! Went over and above to assist us in getting the right deal - very impressive

Connection Type: 3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Tangerine Telecom great company!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

I have been with Tangerine Telecom for over 12 months with my NBN and landline. The set up process was effortless and the staff were friendly and very efficient. My connection has been great with no billing hassles as I have experienced with other providers. Tangerine's customer support has been fantastic, I contacted customer service and spoke with Hannah Cabata to gain access to Tangerine's great mobile phone deals. Thank you Hannah for providing outstanding customer service and setting me up in a fast,friendly professional manner. Keep up the great work!

Great customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

Had the NBN with home phone bundle and a new mobile plan installed. It was a painless experience and the customer service was outstanding. it was like talking to your mate.
The plans are excellent value, saving me $70 a month from my previous providers.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Banggers, thanks for the 5 stars!

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

NBN no contract excellent speed

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Customer service improved once I requested more information and did not take what was been said to me at face value. But got the outcome I was after in the end.The best thing for me was having no contract which gave me greater freedom.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Merlindorset, thanks for the 5 star review.

Great NBN Supplier.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I have NBN the delivery of the modem was fast and easy setup and have had no drop outs since using it.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Lisa, thanks for the 5 stars.

broughton village

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Tangerine feedback

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

NBN fixed wireless service. The connection seems to be reliable but data fluctuates and drops in evenings. The customer support staff seem to be very knowledgeable. I would have liked to see more information on their website to allow tweaking of my modem.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Pat6769. Thanks for the 4 stars. Happily taking your feedback on board. NBN are regularly upgrading their wireless towers so hopefully the data fluctuations you report will improve over time.

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Happy with Tangerine

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I use Tangerine for my NBN connection. With nbn, we got home phone, and two of our mobiles connected as well. We had excellent connection with internet, mobiles, and home phone, no trouble at all, and great price for all of that.
Customer Service and Support, were just that, 5 stars for their service.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Soccereni, thanks for the 5 stars.

You are welcome. You earned every single one of them.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

NBN 25/5 Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Hi,

I took the NBN service 25/5 from Tangerine telecom and they were immaculate from the start.timely installation,great and friendly customer service,seamless service . I am very happy with their product and service standards provided.
I will strongly recommend this to all my friends and family.
the speed i receive is around 23 mbps majority of the times.no complaints whatsoever.:-)

Vikram

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Thanks for the 5 star review Vikram. Thanks for recommending us!

Best ISP around.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

NBN- FTTP.
set up process was great, really quick and simple I'm getting really good speeds with my connection and have had no real dropouts since I've been with them..
Would Definately recommend Tangerine Telecom to all my friends and family.

Sam.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Thanks for the 5 stars Sam.

ACT

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

ADSL speeds have really slowed down

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

Over the last couple of months, the ADSL speeds have dropped to around 2 mbps. This is true regardless of the day of the week/time of day. Technical service's solution was to reset router, which I had already done. I'll probably stick with Tangerine for now because it appears to be the best of bad options, but I look forward to dropping them the moment a better choice arrives.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Hannah has been great with the customer service over the phone. The setup speed was amazingly quick. Modem arrived within 48 hours of joining. Free modem upgrade. We are on the slowest speed package and we have not had any major interruptions so far after one month. Connection type: FTTP NBN

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Andrew, thanks for the 5 stars and we are pleased to hear you are enjoying our service.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Worst Customer Service ISP On the Market. Beware!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

Customer service is appalling. I have had NBN outages for 3 weeks since I moved into my new address and now a weeks worth of outages of recent. I recognise this is probably the fault of NBN, but the failure to communicate appointments and follow ups from Tangerine is hopeless. I've spent numerous hours on the phone asking when NBN will be out to my home. Tangerine always promise call backs within 24 hours and never deliver. I then finding myself everyday on the phone after work calling to find out what is going on. The most frustrating part is the customer service team are overseas and unprofessionally talk about internal problems and procedures as a way to gain understanding from customers. I don't care about the rebates you get back from NBN for my outages!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Thomas. Sorry to read your review. Your comments are certainly not the usual feedback we hear of our customer service teams. We are often chasing NBN for updates on faults and outages so please ... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Best move I've made in 5 years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I have fixed wireless NBN, only been active with Tangerine for approx. 10 weeks, but it has been blissful. I changed from Dodo, whom I perserviered with for 5 years (I really don't know why!) and the transfer of service (in particular the phone) was an absolute nightmare. Dodo would not give out the details to allow the phone service to use the modem from Tangerine (as Dodo only provide modems locked to them) so in the end I had to run both services for a week, but worked out in the end. Tangerine support were brilliant. They joined me on the phone with Dodo support and did the tech talking for me, so much easier for me, and certainly Dodo support didn't know what to do with themselves. The support guys Jan, Rich and in particular Gale (whom is an absolute champion!) were pivotal in getting me out of the clutches of Dodo. I now have good speeds (around 30 - 40MB/s download and 15MB/s upload) with zero drop outs thus far. So glad I made the change and wish I had made it a lot sooner.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Rod, thanks for the comprehensive 5 star review. Glad everything is working well and thanks for the great wrap to members of our team.

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Started out good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2018

I was with Tangerine for quite some time and was really happy with the speed and the service whenever there was an issue. They replied promptly when I needed help or had any small issues. Sadly, I do not know why, the speed of my internet went down from an average of around 25mbps (paying for 50/20) to below 10mbps download over a period of approximately three weeks of testing. It didn't matter if it was 5am or 3pm (later was worse) it didn't really change. Paying for better, I decided to move on and are now back to where I was re speed originally. I didn't like the supplied modem as it was very basic and experienced many dropouts. It also didn't handle power disruptions at all, so I upgraded before I went to the new provider. The option to walk (no contract) is great and it's easy to switch if necessary. PS, our node is approximately 4 house blocks up the street.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Netski, sorry to see just 3 stars in your review as speed issues are rare for us. We continually working with our network carrier to manage speed and performance across the country. Upgrades hap... read more »

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great Service, Great people,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

IF Business is a great company to deal with with excellent staff and a great business model.
Fantastic organisation to deal with time and time again

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Rachelle, thanks for the 5 stars.

• 5 comments
  • 27 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Tangerine Telecom Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I have NBD (FTTN) and I find it excellent for what I want: email, eBay, FB, radio, research and music/movies (Youtube). The process of setting up the connection was very simple and Tangerine were most helpful. The connection is very reliable with minimal disruption. Dropouts would only be a few times per month and for a short time only. I haven't had to resort to Customer Service as I don't have any problems!

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Alan, thanks for the 5 star review. Glad you're enjoying our service.

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

It's not totally awful during peak hours anymore.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

A year ago, they used to be really bad during peak hours. I am in a household of 3 and I wasn't able to play seamlessly online if one of my housemates was streaming.

These days they have improved. I pay for 25Mbps download and although it doesn't reach that during peak hours, it averages at around 7-10Mbps which I guess is ok with two people streaming at once. Still would be nice if I got the full 25Mbps.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Cee, thanks for the review. We are continually working with our network carrier to improve network speed and service.

No complaints, only praise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

My NBN connection was set up in a quick manner and within a week I had access. Whilst there was a hiccup on my end, the local (!) customer support team were very friendly and helpful in assisting my various quieries queries. As aforementioned, my connection has been steady and hitting realistic advertised speeds (25mbp/s) near constantly. The referral program has also helped offset some of the bills which is nice.

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Overflow. Thanks for the 5 stars!

alice springs, NT

• 7 helpful votes

Poor sales department

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Rang to ask some questions about their NBN had to spell everything out then sales person left me on hold for that long that call died out not very professional in my book..

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tangerine Telecom Official

Hi Rummy, sorry that you did not have the great experience that we aim to provide. We investigate any feedback like yours seriously to ensure future experiences are improved.

1 of 10 pages

Hi, I was wondering if my ASUS DSL-68U would work with your service (HFC at my home), looking of swapping but I've heard somewhere that tangerine and asus don't get along so well (something about blocked ports?) thanks!

Dom asked on May 16, 2018

Answer this

Hi Dom. Are you referring to the ASUS ACDSL68-U? If so this supports Ethernet WAN so will work with HFC NBN with Tangerine. Some ASUS router models did have issues connecting to NBN generally. This seems to have been resolved with firmware updates released by ASUS, so we’d recommend ensuring you are using the latest firmware to avoid any issues. Thanks and let us know any further questions.

Hi, I have an IINET supplied wireless Technicolor Modem model TG789vac V2 and live in Maylands Perth. Can I connect to your service? thanks JC

JCa asked on Apr 28, 2018

Answer this

Hi JCa. Without actually trying your iiNet supplied modem we can’t be sure. Some modems are locked by carriers. We can try our best to assist and if that fails we can arrange for one of our recommended Netcomm modems to be despatched with next day delivery. Feel free to give our technical team a call on 1800211112 and they can perhaps try accessing the config of your modem to establish if it is locked. Look forward to helping you with an NBN service very soon.

Hi, I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra? Thanks, hydraflexx

hydraflexx asked on Feb 10, 2018

Answer this

Hi Hydraflexx. We will soon be launching a 4G backup option. In the mean time feel free to give our Melbourne team a call and ask about a 4G option. There are some costs involved in this. Hope this helps and we hope to launch our 4G backup option very soon.

See all 36 questions about Tangerine Telecom