Absolutely useless after sales service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Purchased a Dyson fan at the start of June. Was told that I could get a $100 store credit which ended up making it cheaper than a competitor by $20. Put through a claim online for the credit and 5 weeks later, still nothing. After sending them an email, their response was that credits will be sent no later than the 22/08! Seriously, it is going to take their team 2 and a half MONTHS to assess whether my purchase was bought during the credit period! After this I won’t be shopping with them ever again. Should have gone to the competitor - I would be $20 worse off but at least I wouldn’t be waiting for TGG to give me a credit that can only be used with them. Massive mistake.

• 2 comments

More the Good.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

In this very real world we all live in , i know for a fact that the 'Good Guys' are very Real.
In this new age of the frustrated online shopper waiting it seems forever, for delivery of goods already paid for.
A travesty of the most basic fundamental business principle.
Of the Customer receiving their goods or services , (THEN) paying for them.
And online ( Robbie the Robot customer service is a joke) and at the customers own expense..
Customer service on repair of malfunction is non existent online , invisible in fact.
And of course you wanna wait ten years for something you ordered last century ?

Thats why i go to the' Good Guys' at Auburn with nearby convienent car parking.
They have the biggest range of everything.
Customer service on repair of malfunction is superb and without a doubt the best in Sydney.
Moslty negative customer feedback is puzzling, because since when they first started operation in Australia i never had a problem with them ever.
Prices are always competitive

• 2 comments
  • 21 helpful votes

The Dodgy Guys

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Advertise items online as being in stock, when they are not in stock. They call you and tell you they will call you again within a week when it is in stock, but they don't, they then lie to you and tell you it has been dispatched to you, but then admit they are still waiting for it to come into stock weeks after you ordered it (and they still have it listed online as being in stock). If you want to give someone your money, have them repeatedly lie to you, waste your time, repeatedly put you on hold, hang up on you and then deny it... then these are the guys you have been looking for.

Brisbane

Terrible customer service!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

We bought in December 2017 a new kelvinator fridge silver (KBM5302AA-R). This fridge broke down 4 months later on a saturday with a non working fan. The customer service is only working monday to friday... Call them on Monday, came only on wednesday for fixing, all food wasted.... Today, it is happening again!!! same issue!!!, won't change, the fridge!!! won't fix it within 24h!!! won't even give us a loan one within 24h!!! this is a fridge full of grocery from the week end for 5 persons!!! and they just don't care and the only answer they give you!!!! "this is not our policy"
Really bad and won't recommend it

Malvern

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Don't

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

On 25 June 2018 I purchased an LG SK5Y sound bar & universal wall brackets from the GG Brighton. I paid extra for delivery and installation.

The installer arrived late (with no apology, of course) and his first words, as he entered my home, were to advise me that I had been undercharged for the installation. He then told me that my sound bar could not be installed with my wall mounted TV as it was 'not possible'.

When I pointed to the instructions (which clearly showed it could be done) he begrudgingly did the job. However,for reasons known only to himself, he installed the soundbar upside down and refused to fix it.

I made many phone calls to GG Brighton who refused to take any responsibility for the installer (who they recommended), I also made many phone calls to the installation company who told me that I was wrong and it could not be installed any other way.

I would have fixed it myself but I am a pensioner and do not have the right tools. I finally gave-up and paid an electrician to install it correctly.

Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

We purchased a sony tv for $4500 less than 6 months ago. Unfortunately the remote stopped working and I brought back to the store. At the store the good guys told me "sorry tv remotes are not covered under warranty". We rang Sony and they confirmed that this is not true and they even sent us a new remote. Will definitely never purchase anything again at the good guys!

Bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

We went to The Good Guys last Wednesday, We were after a microwave oven, we were told they were coming in the next day, they will ring us, they did a sales order for us and asked if we what to put a deposit down, we said we will pay for it when we pick it up. No phone call, my husband rang Sunday, with no help, then rang again Monday morning was told they were busy will ring back, they rang back Monday afternoon and told us their were none. They wasted a lot of our time, not very happy with their customer service.

Perth, WA

Great customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Went in looking at vacuums and had a lovely lady who helped us out alot.
Answered all our questions.
Each time we have been into this store we have always had friendly staff approach us and it was easy to find someone if needed.

McKinnon

Verified Customer

Terrible post-sale service (East Brighton)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

23 June 2018: Went to the East Brighton Good Guys outlet to purchase an oven. In fairness we received great service at that stage - the retail manager was helpful and responsive, and quickly drew up a quote for the oven we had picked out. He mentioned that it was a discontinued model (Electrolux EVEP626SC), but he assured us they had plenty of stock and given it had very good reviews online, we decided to go with it anyway. We left without ordering on the day itself as we wanted to think about it further, and were told the quote was good for 30 days and that we could easily call him up to put the order through.

26 June 2018: Called up Good Guys to put order through, advised they no longer take phone orders, so had to go into the store later the same day. Cashier flagged an issue when trying to put payment through at the counter. The retail manager who assisted us previously looked it up and said it was just because it was marked as discontinued and not in stock, however he called the the company sales representative who confirmed that stock was just limited and that we could definitely still get one. Retail manager assures us he will follow up with the order and contact us the following Wednesday (4 July 2018) to confirm.

6 July 2018: Had not heard from retail manager, called up Good Guys to find out the status of the order, was told it had just arrived and would be delivered the following day (7 July 2018).

7 July 2018: No delivery, no contact from Good Guys.

9 July 2018: Multiple calls to Good Guys (calls either rang out, or were transferred a few times then disconnected), unable to get onto anyone.

10 July 2018: Multiple calls again, put on hold each time, finally they say they will call us before 12pm. There is no call before 12pm. We call them at 12:30pm, no reply. Out of the blue we then receive an email with a electronic receipt attached advising that we will be receiving a refund on our purchase (???) so we assume it is indeed out of stock after all. Obviously not ideal as we have now missed EOFY sales at all other stores and still have no oven. At 2pm however, we receive yet another email advising that our oven is currently on its way from Bendigo and should arrive in the next 1-2 business days. Still no telephone call from anyone at Good Guys regarding the refund or the delivery, now unsure which email to believe.

12 July 2018: No oven has arrived from Bendigo, East Brighton, or anywhere else. No phone calls have been received. No refund has been processed. No idea what is going on.

Gold Coast

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Will not give a refund on a laptop that will not boot

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

I bought a laptop from the Good Guys (Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series) and it has always (last 6 months) had intermittent booting issues but last week it started telling me that "NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND" and would not boot. I contacted Dell and we reset the BIOS to defaults and it booted, but soon after I had the same issue and it wouldn't boot. The laptop was literally six months of pain and and calls with Dell, etc. but when it refused to boot I had had enough.

I took it back to the store and they booted it up and and on the second boot they got the dreaded "NO BOOT DEVICES FOUND" message. They told me that Dell would have to become involved and see what the issue was.

I told them that I didn't want a repair and that I wanted a refund (I needed to use it that day) and I told them that I would also accept store credit as I just wanted to purchase a laptop that worked. They refused and the manager (Aidan) started getting smart with me when I told him I was demanding a refund as a laptop that won't boot seems like a major issue which would entitle me to a refund - or so I thought....

I have now proceeded to put in a complaint with Fair Trading QLD. I will keep you all posted on the outcome.

Dishwasher

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

Great service, fast delivery and installation price to suit my budget happy with purchase. Will recommend to friends and family.

Melbourne

Private message

Service disgraceful, breached sales contract

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Ordered product online for instore pick up. Payment deducted immediately from my card. Drive to store and they take 20 minutes to confirm they don’t have the product. Not apologetic, attitude to breaching the contract and wasting my time is basically to shrug. Took 5 days to get a refund and despite several emails no response to an online complaint. Completely disgraceful.

Canberra

Private message

Customer service at The Good Guys, it is a joke!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

I just went to have a look the range of fridges and asked for help to a sales person, the response i received was, we cannot help you, I am busy and my work mate is busy too. So I said, what you are saying is that no one can help me, he answered, yes we can’t help you. I replied, is this your customer service, he said, yes. I was amazed at his response; he later said we can help you but you have to wait. was it because I didn’t look like a millionaire, did he hear my accent????
I rather pay extra for something I need somewhere else where I am treated like a person than to be treated like no one only to get $15 less. Never ever go to that store again.

MELBOURNE

• 10 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

I have purchased 82" Samsung TV last week and price matched to www.buysmarte.com.au,
Good guys says 30 days price guarantee and beat 120%, after one week the price has been dropped same store www.buysmarte.com.au, and I have visited good guys where my TV purchased and asked manager. He is very rude and can't match because buysmarte is not in their list of competitors. He says matched the price to the Retravision store.
When I purchased TV they have clearly mentioned "price matched by Buysmarte" store in my invoice.
I wouldn't recommend and never go to Good guys in future, very smart when selling products and if customer says some problems, not happy.

Palm Beach

• 6 helpful votes

Useless extended warranty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Firstly, I want to make it clear that I have no quarrel with The Good Guys. I buy almost all my home and business appliances from them.
As a longtime Choice subscriber, I have always taken their advice on not taking up extended warranties as I am covered under Australian consumer law, regardless of the warranty time offered by the manufacturer. If only I'd done so on this occasion!
About 21 months ago, I purchased a new computer and added a three year Trend antivirus option and then allowed myself to be persuaded to take up a $132 Concierge extended warranty.
When my battery wouldn't hold a charge, I took it into the store. The charger, it seems, is the problem.
They kindly lent me an old charger.
Great, I thought. Now to contact Concierge and get a new charger.
WRONG.
It was explained to me that the charger is not covered as it is an accessory and therefore not part of the computer.
I asked how it was possible to use the computer without the charger and was patronisingly told that a copy of the terms and conditions would be sent to me.
I asked to speak to a supervisor who trotted out the same balderdash.
I then asked for a refund of the $132 I'd paid, as it seemed to be worthless and was told that the cooling off period had expired!
What a waste of time and money.
Can I give less than one star?
Desleigh Monaghan

Private message

Terrible store, terrible service, terrible store manager.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

This is a terrible store. My wife and I are in the market for a new Dyson Vacuum cleaner. I phoned Good Guys Alexandria to enquire if they carried the model we wanted. The phone was answered by a young lady. I asked to speak to the vacuum department and she said I don’t need to as she can check stock herself. She assured me that the store carried the exact item I wanted. I asked her to put one aside and she aid there was no need to as they had plenty of stock. She also assured me that because there was a Dyson rep in strore he could match any price advertised on the Dyson website including the 25% discount we receive for being a return Dyson customer. We took time out of our busy schedule to drive to Alexandria only to find out the store hadn’t had that model in stock for several days. The Dyson rep was very apologetic and said he had been telling The Good Guys manager they are out of stock for days but many people had come in after being told over the phone that they had the model in stock. I need to stress that none of this was the rep’s fault, it is an issue with Good Guys Alexandria. The rep called over the manager who seemed to not care in the slightest that we had travelled to his store after being told the wrong thing over the phone. He did not offer us a good price on another model, he did not even offer an apology for inconveniencing us. He literally just walked away. The rep, who does not even work for The Good Guys, was left to apologise for something that wasn’t even his fault. So we wasted a day travelling there for nothing. We were not going to buy another model and give our money to a store who had treated us so poorly. This store has no customer service either in store or on the phone. Do not believe them if say they carry an item. Do not shop here.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

TV sold to us with large cracks in screen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

Very disappointed with The Good Guys Caringbah. Purchased a Samsung TV a week ago, opened box to have TV mounted on wall and found large cracks in the screen. Everyone should be aware of your returns policy - surely such an issue warrants a replacement or refund? Not with The Good Guys! We have to wait for a technician to assess our TV to determine if we are eligible for a replacement! Thanks Good Guys - looking forward to 2 weeks of school holidays without a TV now. Complete inconvenience and ridiculous customer service. Nothing about this policy mentioned anywhere on your website. We won't be shopping at The Good Guys again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great shopping experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

EOFY sale, went there on the last weekend and was not disappointed. The purpose was to upgrade to a Ultra HD, did my research before I went there, as I didn’t expect the sales person to be giving so much information but man he was thorough..provided all the details we needed to make our decision and gave us space to make it. A great shopping experience indeed.

Awful experience using TGG Ebay store + Shops refusing pricebeat guarantee

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Given below are 4 recent experiences (all happened within a month) from the TGG. Unfortunately, I have to say that TGG is now my least favored shop.

1. Bought an air-con via Ebay and chose to pick-up from the Jamisontown store to avoid shipping cost. Received email notification and SMS that the item is ready for collection. Trusting this I organised an installer to install air-con and went to pickup the unit on the day of install. When reached the shop I was told that the item is not ready for collection despite I received emails and SMS confirming it is. Shop rep said I should have waited for phone call from the shop before I come. How am I supposed to know that? It does not say that anywhere in the Ebay seller page of TGG website that I need to await a call from shop. At the end I lost call-out fee for the installer and had to come back to collect the item another day.

2. Because of the above experience I complained to the shop manager that I lost the call-out fee and need compensation for the call-out fee. While at the shop they called the customer service and agreed that they will offer me some sort of compensation once I email them about the incident. (Name removed) told me to email and I did. Didn't hear back from them for a week and hence I called the customer service. They promised me that they I will hear back within 48 hrs. It's been almost 3 weeks now and no response from TGG even after multiple phone calls and emails about the compensation.

3. Because of the above experience at the Jamisontown store I decided to not shop from there anymore and choose another store. In the past I never had similar issue with TGG and thought it might me just one store being like this. This time I chose TGG Wetherill Park and went there and asked if will price beat an item they have with the price of the same item in stock at Officeworks. The salesperson said they won't price beat, but will price match. This is not what they have advertised in their website though! He went and came back with the store manager. Store manager plainly refused to neither price beat nor price match saying they can do either. I told them this is not your policy as per the website. They had no further explanations for why they could not do it, but the word is out there all. DO NOT TRUST TGG PRICE BEAT GUARANTEE. Later a customer service rep over phone told me that it is up to individual store's discretion to honor price beat / price match guarantee even if they say so in their website. HOW CONVENIENT!!.

4. During TGG's recent Ebay 20% off sale I decided to buy an item, which I thought it good value for money. There were plenty of that item in stock before sale and as per TGG Ebay store policy they will not increase the price prior to a scheduled sale event. However, what they did not let the public know is that can hide/remove item quantity I contact the Ebay customer service asking why I am not able to buy the item, which there were plenty a day ago. The service rep said TGG Ebay has hidden the stock and the only option is to buy them and get it shipped to the address paying shipping cost.

In short, if you find a real bargain that you cannot definitely get somewhere else, go for TGG. Otherwise, try some other shop and get them to price beat/match. Saves you time, money and loads of stress.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Edit: After about 2 months of waiting and posting this review here TGG has now provided me with a credit for the call-out fee I had to pay to the installer.

rippoff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

end of year special was $100 more than beginning of year explain that false publicity is what i call it

1 of 83 pages