Mandurah Store

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

The good Guy's online sales website does not cater for people who want to make purchases for someone else to pick up. Prior to placing an order as a present for my mum I rang and spoke to the store and told them that I live in Melbourne however I wanted to buy someone for my mum who lives in Mandurah. The lady said I needed to order on the website of which I did. I then received a call saying my goods were ready for pick up and I would need to show my drivers licence. I then told the store that my mother would be picking up the goods and would be happy to show her licence. This was not good enough for the store. I when gave them the option of delivering it to her (3km) however I would not pay any more. Still they insisted on me giving my licence. At his stage they have my home address, phone number, payment in full and my email address but no this was not good enough. I cancelled the order and the lovely people at Harvey Norman have assisted me. The web site needs to be changed to cater for other people to pick up.

Adelaide

Replacement policy isn’t great

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

I purchased a JVC soundbar from The Good Guys in December 2016, only to have the blue tooth subwoofer fail a fortnight ago.
I returned to the Marion store to see if the soundbar could be repaired/replaced-unrepairable, according to the customer service manager, and a discontinued model, so I was offered a replacement JVC soundbar, if I wanted to pay an additional $55.
I ended up taking a Linden soundbar as a replacement, that retails for the same price as my original JVC soundbar, but has less watts in output and not as good, overall.
I’m so disappointed. I bought the JVC soundbar as I have a JVC tv, and I’m happy with the brand, and now I’ve had to settle for a lesser item because the Good Guys don’t replace like for like.

Walked right out

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Went in the casula store to buy a portable air conditioner I have a small room space with a small kitchen I want to keep cool sometimes during summer knew what I wanted, had a strict budget and was basically told that I needed a much larger size one which was out of my budget and made to feel like
A cheap skate, thrown a whole heaps of crap I didn't even think about too much sales tactics for me and I ended up walking out and buying a portable air con unit at Bunnings with 4.5kw for $399. Half hour is using the unit my whole space was like a freezer. Thanks good guys you grabbed me a bargain. Love Bunnings!!

do not shop online

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Ordered a small laptop online and they sent me a faulty one. Firstly they told me that they don’t have this product but after they messaged me that it will be available soon. Probably someone returned it and they sent it to me. The key 5 is not working, it is giving the same commands as F5. I went into the nearest store they told me that they cannot replace it because it is clearance product and actually they don’t give a damn. Called the store from where they sent it to me they didn’t know how to help me. So disappointed. Now I have to keep this piece of crap.

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Service Is Terrible Can't Compete With Harvey Norman In All Aspect

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

I have ordered a Dyson Vacuum and I have received a notification that it is ready to collect. So I marched with my six month old and my 5 year old to the store and didn't get my order. I have showed my drivers license, PayPal account where it showed I bought the vacuum, my eBay where I bought it from the app itself. Apparently, name on the order didn't match and I can't prove it! It was bought from eBay and it is my eBay showed on the order. This "manager" [name removed] was very unhelpful and made me feel like I am a fraud and even said "well you'll get into trouble". If she only used commonsense and looked at the PayPal transaction, she would see my name matching my drivers license. But no, she chose to ridicule me and chose not to listen and offered no help or sympathy. Awful customer service I can't believe she is a manager! Do not know how to deal with customers, Though [name removed] is great and sympathetic. Well the "manager acts like she owns The Good Guys" is just so so awful and disgusting!

Verified Customer

Service was terrible.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Service was terrible. It takes ages for them to answer phones. Got my last name wrong, the first person who was assigned the job to give me a quote couldn't deliver due to time constraints, however he was polite, which was nice of him. The second person who came to give me a quote, said it is going to cost me almost $2000 for installation, that's unreal. I requested him to send me the quote via email and suddenly quote was for $1300. The good guys concierge send me a text to confirm whether the job was delivered, I replied to the text saying that the quote verbally advised and emailed were different but I never heard back from them.

SYDNEY

Private message

Your service made me cry!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

I had two dishwasher installers from Chatswood store who refused to install the dishwasher as agreed with the store. They were extremely rude and then left my house taking the dishwasher we had paid for and left the old dishwasher disconnected and in the middle of the floor. After much debate with the store we were refunded our money in full, but no apologies for the behaviour of the installers....

perth

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer

Swindlers Paradise

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

I head this review from personal experience .....I would like to offer some good advice regarding the Concierge Service and Support.....When you buy an item from Good guys you will be offered a Concierge Gold Service for a varying period due to the type and cost of the item and the buyer is insured for the life of the unit look out for the small print if you go that far in theory it looks so excellent to have the protection that you decide on etc......NOW here is the the good bit you will get a store credit of different values that are good for so long but if you do not use by way of another purchase you lose it...here is an example I was offered a $20 credit which then it went up to $60 you received also text voice mail confirming the transactions On enquiry I was told if I did not use the $20 on that same day that I enquired I would lose the $20 as it was the last day of the month....rather than lose it I spent almost $1.ooo then I asked about the $60 as this was a hinge point so it was now a point of any goodwill being put in place and phone calls were made with promises to return the call this was a no show as the Good Guys salesman had seen my text and heard the verbal voice stating that the $20 would be confirmed the following tuesdayThis never arrived bit in the mean time relying on the promised good wil I had done a deal on another item to get the $60 promised credit but it has to be confirmed by email with a number for GoodGuys A reserve was set on the item awaiting the number to be sent and an Invoice was prepared and left behind the front counter i made various visits to confirm that the number was yet to be sent...Finally it arrived but all too late as the item had been held too long and had been sold so My loss was two fold.....I did consider Fair trading but now knowing the terrible service by Concierge I decided to cut my losses and time wasting.....I could go on but only to reinforce my WARNING about the service or probably no service is more apt.....On closing if you decide to acquire The Concierge plan etc.....REMEMBER!!!!!If anything goes WRONG WITH THE ITEM YOU BOUGHT GET ON THE PHONE RIGHT AWAY.......I trust this preview is going to help my fellow traders I have not been Previewing for some time due to circumstances beyond my control ....I wonder if I will equal the thousands that read my last one.....a parting Shot!!!!( Is Good Guys as good as good guys should be???.)..My case rests for the mean time.

• 1 answer

Fast delivery, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I have purchased several items over the years from the good guys, mostly online. They provide great customer service and prompt delivery. Great products as well.

Perth

Terrible Customer Service from the Good Guys

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

Oh Good Guys you should change your name to the Bad Lazy Guys. I have tried to get service at your Midland WA store - looking to spend money on a digital camera but you weren't interested in serving me or didnt care that the website said you had a particular model in store when it didnt. Lousy customer service and out of date internet information all exacerbated by your couldn't give a sh*t attitude (it took 10-15 minutes for someone to notice and give me the bad service). Went to Osborne Park store today as they did have the camera in store. OMG! Wasn't allowed to look properly at the display model - the so called sophisticated security measures meant i was allowed to touch it, but not use it in any way. What is a display model for anyway? They couldn't be bothered to put battery in for me to see if it felt right or how it worked. I said, "OK - if i buy it then and find i dont like certain aspects of it I can bring it back?" "Oh no - you can't have your money back". You are a terrible franchise and i will never go to one of your stores ever again - what's the point of wasting time and I would hate for you to get my money. I hear you will be out of business soon - can't say I'm surprised.

Took my money then told me i couldn't have the items

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

I bought speakers at a decent price, they were happy to remove the money from my account but once they realised the speakers were to cheap they refused to give the speakers and told me i couldn't get my money back for 3 days.

Generally good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

We came in to shop for appliances for when we renovate the kitchen. We did make an appointment to have a designer come out to our home to give us a quote for a new kitchen but my partner ended up cancelling the appointment. We felt the consultant Mary was very pushy in her manner and this put us off, worried that the designer would be just as pushy with the sale. The guys however were fantastic with their knowledge on the stove and ovens so we will most likely go back there to purchase when ready.

shed pick up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Bought a shed from Easy Shed and picked it up from The Good Guys, the store man at the Good Guys was extremely helpful

Perfect service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

Bought a washing machine from the home centre good guys they were wonderful tge sales assistant was so informed about his products he was a pleasure to deal with will def go back again

Good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

Bought a washing machine from the good guy and it works ok. Not really efficient in terms of the time it takes for a load.

Alstonville

• 1 question
Private message

The Good Guys - Ballina (OUTSTANDING)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

The service at Ballina's "The Good Guys" is outstanding. Their prices, support and friendly service is second to none. Great store and Dax (the Boss) is wonderful to do business with. Thank you.

Can't get served appears to be self service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

Again went to the Carseldine store. Again maybe 10 customers in whole store. Again waited 15 minutes for assistance. Again the staff walk past you avoiding eye contact. One finally says be with you in a sec and wanders off to serve someone else. After 10 minutes we gave up left store. We won't be back.

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Great after sales service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

My partner Jan and I bought a clothes dryer from the Good Guys at Preston. Dryer delivered the same day. Unfortunately the heating element did not function properly. Called Adam V who sold us the dryer at the shop the next day and he had no hesitation in arranging a replacement to be delivered that day. All done and the new dryer (a Fisher and Paykel) works perfectly.
You don't get such great after sales service like this very frequently now days. I just hope the Good Guys keep it up now that they have been taken over by JB Hi Fi.

• 1 review
Private message

Buy products virtually every year

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Tweed South branch - recent purchases. Good service, but felt I should have been given a Multiple Buy discount for purchasing 4 products at once, and especially as I offered to take a shop Demo Microwave at same price as others would pay for boxed one, as the store did not have any packaged ones left. Only offered a $20 discount a few days after the sale (a) provided I purchase another product worth minimum of $50, an (b) if I complete a review.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Concierge Gold - it's a rort

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

Talked in to taking out the '3 Year Concierge Gold Service'. It cost $35.00 on top of the price of an audio item that cost $150.00. It added 23% to the total price. When you go online and register, you get all the Terms & Conditions and that's when you find out you've been had. Of the "$220.00" total benefits they claim you get, here's the breakdown: 3 x $20.00 discount vouchers per year. BUT... you've got to spend them with The Good Guys within 5 days of purchase and the discount is off the full, ticketed price, not what you negotiate in the store. Given that you can always negotiate a discount off full retail at The Good Guys, you'd be worse off using the voucher in most cases, especially for larger purchases. There's another $20.00 voucher to service a split system air conditioner but it's useless unless you actually buy an AC from The Good Guys. And the biggest rort is the claimed $100.00 refund if the price of your purchase comes down within 30 days of purchase. It's "up to" $100.00. Highly unlikely my $150.00 speaker is going to come down $100.00 within a month! The Concierge thing is simply a marketing ploy to get you back to spend more at The Good Guys, three times a year. In real terms, no added value.

1 of 64 pages