Don't shop here!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Worst experience with this shop.
Was sent a dodgy product & they wouldn't replace it. They are ignoring me now

SYDNEY

• 4 answers
  • 23 helpful votes

Store type: Online store

Did not honour the sales!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

So on Christmas Day 2018 I went online shopping and bought the Arlo solar panel as it was on sale. I bought 3. Which came to just over $300. Anyway that one day on Christmas Day only they had a sale where if you purchased over $300 you would get a $50 voucher to use at the store at a later time. I thought great! What a bonus! Alas no!
I was subsequently informed later that afternoon by email that my order was unsuccessful and to just try again.
They had taken the money out of my credit card so there was no way I was going to try and place another order and be down another $300 for what?!

I called them up a few days later to follow up after calling my bank first and lodging a dispute. They told me oh because your order didn’t satisfy all the requirements like maybe you didn’t enter in your credit number expiry date or cnn number properly or something like that. They couldn’t even be specific. Yeah right!

They didn’t want to honour the sale as I would have not only got it on sale but a further promotion they had as well for that ONE day on Christmas only meant I would have got a voucher too. I guess they didn’t think things through at the time.. and this dirty tactic to say it was unsuccessful the order so they wouldn’t have to honour it has turned me off shopping with good guys more like bad guys and I’m sure it would be illegal too...

Also yes they did refund the money back into my credit card. So there was no problem with taking the money in first place....

Dissapointed customer, shop elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

I range the Hectorville store to confirm that the Russell Hobbs Multi 750W Food Processor
RHMP750 was in store as advertised on the website for $99. I was told there were three in store so drove directly to the store to purchase the food processor. I was informed by the service attendant that the model on shelf had only the two bowls and I had looked incorrectly. I asked him to check on line and there was the product for $99 as I had explained. I was then informed that this was not in store and I would have to wait for it to be delivered. In past experiences with a Bosch dishwasher from this organisation was told it would be two weeks, took over 2 months, with the Good guys requiring full payment at purchase.
I therefore wanted to make sure I was not waiting extraordinarily long waiting time for the processor so asked for the processor to be transferred from Mile End store. The manager informed the attendant that this was not possible as it cost $49 to transfer. I had driven to the store to purchase in store, it was obviously the stores incorrect information that had been provided an I had driven in 40C temp to get the special with no service provided for their mistake. I am a customer who supports purchasing in stores to keep people with jobs but am totally sick of poor service and no responsibility from the organisation for incorrect information etc provided. I actually know why people are buying on line due to frustation. Businesses need to wake up and start providing so that the customers stay here and not buy from overseas. Very dissapointed and now will purchase elsewhere.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

WALLETS WALK OUT THE DOOR

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

The franchisee of the Bundall Gold Coast store needs to (1) pay attention to what happens (or not) on the floor of his shop, and (2) send his staff to Harvey Norman for sales training. Last year needed oven, dishwasher & microwave, and took business to HN because couldn't raise staff in GG to confirm order ... I have witnessed them ignoring ringing phones. which was obviously done to my call. Last week the young sales girl was having a private mobile conversation while I was looking for an oven; this weekend I learned it was actually the manager talking on the phone while were were looking for a dishwasher, and she didn't bother to suggest that the two staff with her might have served us ... three people tackling a matter that was far more important than making my sale. Seeing the adverse reviews here, the GG's business model is a very poor one.

Store type: Physical store

Poor after sale service re Installation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

I bought a gas cook top and paid for installation which was supposed to be done before xmas it did not happen and I am still waiting now 11th January no feedback from the store or the installer. Very poor service.

DANDENONG SOUTH

Verified Customer Store type: Physical store

David @ Good Guys Narre Warren you are Awesome!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

We purchased a Split System Airconditioner from Good Guys in Narre Warren Sth and we must say “It is nice when you can find a store with genuine good and reliable service” I have found their staff (especially David S.) courteous, respectful, honest, and above all professional..... and he listened to us, it always leads to great service” So, if buying anything at this store ask for David S. he went above and beyond to help us & understand what we needed. We certainly was not interested in going anywhere else. Keep up the good old fashion service David you are AWESOME!
Hope to buy from you again in the future.

Store type: Physical store

Manager don’t value customers. Will never ever step in this store ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Delivered a broken door dishwasher then replaced with a twisted door. Manager don’t give refund . Staffs avoid to assist on the phone so I have to drove to store

Verified Customer Store type: Online store

Zero customer service - not even a phone number to call for online service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

I was entitled to a voucher for a black Friday sale and contacted them twice on the online enquiry form to ask how to redeem (no phone number to call). They got back to me in one week with useless information both times. It's now expired and I still keep receiving useless information.

Store type: Physical store

Do not sign up to get an air conditioning quote and pay for bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I had an appt yesterday at 2.30pm with their air conditioning service representative which I paid $80 for and he did not call or turn up. I work full time and have little flexibility. I took time off work and your staff member confirmed and did not show. I want a refund and i want someone else to do the service.

I have emailed good guys brighton twice. I have called them and not gotten through and I have called the good guys home services team twice today (once at 9.30am and the other at 12.30pm) and both times been told i will get a call in the next hr and I have not spoken to anyone.
A day later they have made no effort to contact me in any way.
This is beyond a below average service and I would not recommend them.

Bris

• 5 questions
  • 6 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Love The Good Guys But Beware Buying Online

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

Buyers be sure to call the customer care number to confirm the item you would like to buy online is actually “in stock” as the product description on the website states.

I bought a phone online with the impression from the item listing, it was available, in-stock ready for next day dispatch. On a Sunday afternoon.

My phone had died and I was desperately needing a phone. So I processed my order and payment. Received an email to say my order had been received straight away. I would then wait for a call/email when the item would be shipped.

Then waited all week and received a call to my parents’ place 5 days later, (as I have no home phone), on Thursday afternoon. The customer service person called to say that the IPhone 6 was actually sold whilst not in stock and was actually discontinued.

I then requested to cancel my order on that Thursday, and remained calm as I internally panicked that I would now have no phone AND $430 would be in limbo before being returned.

I couldn’t then just buy another IPhone 6 elsewhere with returned funds, because I had to wait a further 3 working days, +2 over a weekend to receive my refund of $430.

Whilst it was just a simple error,
it left me without a phone and hugely short of money in the meantime. I have kids, so can not afford not to have the safety net of a phone.

I had to withdraw a further $400+ from my weekly grocery shopping account when I purchased another from Optus online. Thankfully I received it by courier within 24 hours of purchase. Such a huge contrast in experiences.

Unfortunately being out of pocket $800+ in one week for no reason is A HUGE inconvenience.

Terrible timing being the last of the school holidays when lots of school purchases need to be made as well.

I wasn’t offered anything at all for the inconvienience caused. (Even just a fast refund would have satisfied me :)

I understand that sometimes these things happen. And was understanding with the customer service staff members who were following the store processes.

*Refund processes NEED reviewing, particularly for orders that were never completed. If paid on PayPal, refunding is a very easy process and shouldn’t take 2-3 days after 4 of hearing nothing.*

Large sums of money should be returned to the customer as soon as possible.

Particularly as accounts are debited immediately when purchasing.

I don’t have a credit card, so this debacle has really hit my family budget hard.

I feel disappointed that I bought online, because in store my experiences with The Good Guys Browns Plains have been nothing but absolutely 5 star.

I am hoping my review will assist others to avoid this online store predicament and maybe the refunding processes and online store stock level recording processes might be reviewed.

canberra

• 4 helpful votes

Stupid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I ordered a fridge to be delivered to my new home and the 11th of jan when it was meant to be delivered i waited around from 9 am till 3 pm only to be told that even though i had paid to get it to be delivered on the 11th of jan i get told it never got on the truck and i have to wait till the 12th of jan for it to arrive, so not happy

I couldn't complete purchase

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

I fully completed the online purchase and then the page would not let me submit. I now have concerns that my card details are on the Good Guys page and I have no way of deleting it and have no purchase either.

Warranty claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Bought a Simpson SWT5541 Washing Machine from Good Guys with 3 yr warranty, in Aug 16.

Sales guy promises us "because its under $500 if it has any problems at all just bring it back and we'll replace it, no questions asked".

Jan 2019, its rattling and whirring. Ring the 'conceirge' warranty people and guess what?! Hmm....they will send a technician out in a 'couple of days' to check it and he will decide if they charge us for the visit!

Nothing like the promise, nothing at all.

Unhappy with the response, I rang the actual store and spoke with one of their managers. Once I explained the situation and the promise made, she immediately agreed to replace it without charge. The delivery occurs in a couple of days. Looks like good old fashioned honestly has prevailed.

Well done Good Guys, although you had to be dragged 'kicking and screaming' to do the right thing!

It would have been so much more a positive experience if the good guys 'concierge' team had done the right thing from the start. Fancy name but poor service!

Brabham

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Store type: Physical store

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Fantastic customer service! Very knowledgeable and suggested items that suited our needs. Were very competitive on pricing and were able to bring them down a little more than what was advertised. I buy all my white goods and TVs from them. Wont go anywhere else!

No Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I spent $4400 on new AC units 12 months ago. My 7kw has only been used for about 10 hours running time so very little use.
Well its not working so I rang the Good Guys and asked for a service call as they are under a 5 year warranty.
This was on Tuesday Friday I get a email asking whats wrong with the AC.
I replied telling them what I had already told the Good Guys last week.
Well now its Monday I went into the Good Guys asking whats been done.
told its in the system..
ITS SUMMER A WEEK IT FAR TOOOOOOOOOO LONG TO WAIT FOR A SERVICE .
Is this because The Good Guys have been bought out by JB-HI FI and they don't care
I would expect a 24 hour call out

Front loader

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Bosch front loader excellent machine, good price super quiet and couldn’t fault,works well on all cycles and highly recommended +++

• 31 comments
  • 1 question
  • 8 answers
  • 66 helpful votes

Verified Customer Store type: Online store

Decent store, but with occasional problems

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

I have used Good Guys several times over the years, and they have generally been decent with a good range of products and competitive prices.

However, I recently made an online order and checked out with PayPal, selecting my Australia Post parcel locker as the delivery address. Their system then altered the order to remove the first line of the address, and they sent it.

I noticed that the delivery address was missing the first line, so I contacted their customer care. They advised that they don't deliver to parcel lockers and that I wouldn't be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection. But they didn't acknowledge that this was their fault.

Thankfully, I was able to have Australia Post redirect the item to my parcel locker before it got here. But if I hadn't picked this up, I could have ended up with no item and no refund.

Poor ordering experience and customer service.

Store type: Physical store

Great products and always best pricing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

I pretty much exclusively buy all my electronic goods from The Good Guys because they always have the best price when doing comparisons and they'll price beat anyway. If the price of the item goes down at any competitor or in their own stores within 30 days of purchase they no fuss refund you the difference to ensure you get the best price.

Store type: Physical store

Excellent customer service by Dyson staff. every member of the team very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Had a issue with my Dyson V7, Service staff was very helpful and send my product for service straight away.
no excuses delighted customer service.

Karabar, NSW

Such good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

The staff were helpful and friendly and very accommodating when it came to delivery of my TV. I will definitely be going back for my next appliance.

1 of 97 pages