Had several PC faults, no internet the main one, Bruce diagnosed a faulty Modem and returned to comp

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Polite , punctual, rapid and determined service. Will definitely use your services if/when needed. The prompt follow up customer service was also worthwhile. Regards James B.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi James, we're absolutely over the moon to receive this great feedback and more importantly, we're thrilled you had such a wonderful experience with Bruce and the team. Thank you for this 5-star f... read more »

Fantastic and Friendly Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

My computer was not working so I rang The Original PC Doctor and the next day Hamish arrived, He fixed the computer and now it is going perfectly. I will have no hesitation in advising my friends to use The Original PC Doctor.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Dawn, thank you for your 5-Star review and we're thrilled you enjoyed a positive and memorable experience with Hamish. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back at our organisation soon. Happy computing, The Original PC Doctor.

Frankston

Private message

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Technician arrived at agreed time, friendly and very polite, completed job in a timely manner. Great customer service and will use for any future computer jobs.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Sarah, We're delighted to hear about your 5-star experience with the service team. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future. Kind regards, The Original PC Doctor.

So good, I'll be using Original PC Doctor again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

5 stars, and here's why. Several weeks ago, they sent Andrew to help me when my laptop computer failed to reboot despite me trying to do everything that Dell and Google said to do. He was easy to deal with, highly informed and efficient. While Andrew was here at my home, I asked if he could install a SSD (solid state drive) in another computer of mine. Yep, no problem. While we talked, he checked the price of the unit at the cheapest supplier around. Obviously he had to get that unit from the store, which he did in the days that followed. And he was very flexible, working in with the fact that we were going to be away from home. Anyhow, long story short... the net result is that both machines are up and running for a very agreeable price, so I'll be calling on him again if ever the need arises. FIVE STARS for Andrew and for the central office staff who kept in contact during the prelim and while the work was being done. .

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Gary, thank you so much for taking the time to write a fantastic 5-Star review. We are overjoyed to hear about your experience with Andrew and the Helpdesk team. If there is anything more we can... read more »

Very happy with the outcome

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I found the process fairly easy to navigate and was satisfied with the service I received. Joseph was both patient and
informative explaining the process in language I could relate. I personally prefer messages via e-mail rather than text mainly because it is easier to read.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Brian, thank you for your 4-Star review and recommendation on using our services. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed a positive and memorable experience with Joseph and the team. If there is any... read more »

Product Review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Hi, I have been a customer since October 2013 - I have used your service on many times and paid hundreds of dollars in service costs. Surely this should be a confidence in using your service

Don LInke

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Donald, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience since 2013 with us. If there is anything further we can do to assist, please feel free to contact us. All the best, The Original PC Doctor.

Fixed the problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Glyn was very good and was able to come up with a solution to our problem . I have no problems recommending him. The only question I have is why $90 callout fee then charge $40 per 15 mins as soon as he arrives. I would have thought the first 15 mins would be in the $90.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Paul, thank you for posting your fantastic feedback on the Glyn and the team. We're pleased that you enjoyed your First Class experience with us, as providing quality service is something that w... read more »

Such a Dodgy Operation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Had water damage on a Microsoft Surface Book. I knew straight away chances were slim to get it repaired but agreed to a callout and initial diagnosis fee of $100 to get a professional opinion rather than scrapping the laptop. They told me if it was fixable it would then be $40 per 15 minutes the guy was working on it.

He arrives completely unprepared and didn't even know how to detach the screen from the keyboard (I googled it and found instructions for him).

After 22 minutes of him trying to turn the computer on he deemed it as being unfixable and told me to leave it with him to send away for a proper diagnosis which will probably lead to getting a new part. Keep in mind the keyboard is $1300 to replace, half what the laptop is worth.

So after 22 minutes he starts doing my invoice. At 32 minutes he charges me the $100 plus $80 for the half an hour he had been 'working' on my computer.

He also refused to leave my work until I had paid the invoice by putting my card details onto his phone.

$180 for 32 minutes and no result. The whole thing is dodgy.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Good afternoon 1aw9, Thank you for sharing your perspective of your interaction with our service team. We are obviously very disappointed to read your comments, as we pride ourselves on our custom... read more »

Service call on computer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I was very satisfied with the service given by the technician. He solved the problem to my entire satisfaction and was a very pleasant person to deal with.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Graham, thank you for your 5-Star review and recommendation on using our services. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed a positive and memorable experience with the service team. If there is anyth... read more »

huge help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Andy,
He is a really good pc doctor, He fixed our problem with a kind helpfull voice, remotely, he is pleasant to talk to and explanes it clearly. See you again . Thank you Andy .11/9/2018

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Keith, thank you for your 5/5 review and we're thrilled you enjoyed a positive and memorable experience with Andy and the team. We have passed on your feedback to Andy and he said thank you. Tha... read more »

Andy was a TROOPER!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Had an issue, he got onto it, amazingly nice guy in the process, cannot ask for anything more!
(I’m from Mount Martha, date 10/9/18. Note it down :) )

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Brendon, we're absolutely delighted to receive this fabulous feedback and more importantly, we're thrilled you had such a wonderful experience with Andy and the team. We have passed your feedbac... read more »

Fantastic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

I needed help with data recovery, PC doctor was able to come within a day and worked through the issue. Kept me informed throughout and was able to recover everything I needed. Highly recommended!

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Holly, thank you for posting your fantastic feedback on the Data Recovery team. We're pleased that you enjoyed your First Class experience with us, as providing quality data recovery service is ... read more »

A brilliant help!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

A MAC expert!!! - Simple to understand, they provided quick and effective help to resolve my queries. I would definitely continue to use them again for any other problems or assistance that may arise. Thank you!!

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Tracey, We're delighted to hear about your delightful experience with the MAC support team. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future. Kind regards, The Original PC Doctor.

PC Doctor remote help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I was getting really frustrated with installing a new computer and Andy from PC doctor was fantastic. He quickly and effectively set me up and kept me aware of my cost as we went along. Very happy with the service, very good value.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Salutations Noel, we're absolutely delighted to receive this fabulous feedback and more importantly, we're thrilled you had such a wonderful experience with Andy and the team. Thank you for this 5-... read more »

excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

I did an online request for a service and they called within 5 minutes. The service guy came within 1 hour, couldn't fix the problem on the spot, but took hard drive away and had it prepared, was returned home the next morning. Great communication throughout the whole process.
Would highly recommend.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Joanne, thank you for posting your fantastic feedback on the on-site computer repairs team. We're pleased that you enjoyed your First Class experience with us, as providing quality computer repa... read more »

Shocking waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2018

My partner recently enlisted the services of PC doctor ringwood for a hardrive recovery. The website promised the world. After getting stung $288 after a failed call out recovery, the hardrive was sent back to the office (with my hardive to put all the recovered data on) soon after we were extorted another $ 600 . guess what? as soon as the money was paid they stopped replying. for weeks we chased these theives for updates and finally got confirmation it was fixed, a mere four weeks later. an hour round drive to to pick up the hardrive, plug it in to see nothing, absolutely nothing the hardive was blank not even the stuff originally on the hardive nor my partner's "recovered data".

A call ensued. The staff practacly Called us stupid and blamed us for doing something to the hardrive after numerous phone calls and a remote session they finally agreed to take back the hardrive and try again this is around the 5 week mark now, tempers are flairing.

Another week passes and we finally got the hardrive back
Hallelujah all the files are there

So after around 900 bucks and 6 weeks we finally have everything back and can move on

When reviewed on Google old mate "john pitto" the director told us we must have used a competitor and not actually them because they would never do that

If your thinking of using these people I strongly don't recommend it, infact I would assume the positive reviews and nonsense

Great clean up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

I rung them up & within a couple of hrs was contacted then arranged a time to visit, only little complaint they said that they would arrive between a certain time ,they did ring saying there was a mix up with time so I had to wait a bit longer but I wasn't doing anything so it was no big deal for me. They gave me discount coz of being late plus I'm a pensioner so that was appreciated. The job was a general cleanup so all good at this stage will call them in a year & get it tidy up again unless I download some stuff I shouldn't. They are a bit cheaper than there opposition I would certainly recommend to friends & family

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Rhonda, We're delighted to hear about your experience with the team. We try and predict how long each job will take sometimes jobs take longer than expected and we thank you for your understandi... read more »

Prompt service !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

Really happy with the prompt service. My technician James was really helpful and explained things very clearly to me. Highly recommend The original PC doctor!!

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Joe, thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with James and the Helpdesk team. If there is anything further we can do to assist, please feel free to contact us. All the best, The Original PC Doctor.

When there's smoke...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

I called in to retrieve my lost hard drive. On first impression, [name removed] phone manner wasn't especially friendly but she was direct and to-the-point. She had also stated their guarantee and their pricing structure- "$90 call out fee plus $40 for every additional 15 mins. The technician will come to my home and if he cannot recover my data, there will be no charge." Sounded simple enough, so I went forward with the appointment.

When [name removed] called to confirm that he was on his way, he said something a little different- $90 call out fee plus $99 as a "commitment to the service", he'll pick it up and they'll work on it on Monday. (Commitment to the service? Isn't handing over my laptop a good enough indication that I'm engaging into the service?)

The price is not what bothered me. What with all the data I was so devastated to lose I was a very willing customer. I felt like I had not been given straight forward information and I don't like feeling tricked.

We contacted [name removed] again to clear it up, as we were given two different stories. [name removed] was dismissive and offered no explanation and insisted to pass us over to [name removed]. But as nice as [name removed] could be in this situation he couldn't really explain why we were given the wrong information and could only repeat what he was trained to say.

As stated above, I was a willing customer and happy to pay, even happy to drop it off to a technician's store. Just be straight with me. But having said that, PC Doctors appeal was having it fixed in front of me. If I'm getting charged by the quarter-hour I want to be there. Otherwise charge by the job/work done. $90 call out fee is worth it only when the job is done on the spot. To pay $90 to pick it up from my house and make the 20 min drive to drop it off at the office makes no sense. So naturally I had to cancel. Even if they successfully completed the job, I would not have felt good to have given them my business.

My intention of a bad review is not to deter potential customers, but to make a constructive suggestion as PC Doctor has many happy customers. Please be sure that your sales/reception team are straight up and honest with the details. The company has stated to be "recovery specialists" yet they failed to communicate to me that recovery cannot be done in front of me but had to be taken to the shop. "Job done on the spot" is their main tagline.

Please try to avoid communication errors like these so as to prevent potential customers from feeling mislead or tricked. I can ignore [name removed] poor people skills, but I will draw the line at surprise fees and services conditions.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hello Angel, We are concerned to receive your comment and we are very sorry if any of our team did not deliver the first class experience that we pride ourselves on. We receive regular feedback ... read more »

Extremely happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

You get what you pay for. Extremely happy with their help, knowledge and best of all they even have a sense of humour! Will definitely use them again should the need arise.

Comments
The Original PC Doctor Official

Hi Jenni, thank you for posting your fantastic feedback on the team. We're pleased that you enjoyed a First Class experience with us and had some fun along the way, as providing quality personalise... read more »

1 of 7 pages