Filter By:
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

TPG + Vodafail = Total Fail ( Thieving People’s Money ).

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

If a company doesn’t provide the service that they promise, then they are thieving people’s money.
If you don’t get honest service, then they are thieving people’s money.

These two companies with horrendous customer service should never be allowed to merge – EVER!

TPG should be the next one that people do a Class Action against

You call customer service to clarify your bill and they get it wrong and confuse the issue even further
They tell you your billing cycle has changed but don’t tell you the new date
They send your modem 13km from where it should be and you have to go get it

You call them to tell them they haven’t stopped the direct debit when you requested a transfer of service and they start up a second debit – good way to take money from your customers
You call them to downgrade your plan because they can’t provide the speed advertised and they put you through to 3 different people all doing security checks over and over. Yet they sent the letter to call and when you do we’ll make you jump through hoops

Customer Relations are even worse with comments like

You should read your terms and conditions it’s up to the customer to find out their new billing date
What, even when you call and they don’t tell you – really?
I asked them to investigate why the modem was sent 13 km from where I requested – the response was you requested it to be sent there. Listening to the call again – Ah No I didn’t

The Customer Relations team lie more than the regular customer service team
The regular team are incompetent but Customer Relations are incompetent and outright LIE

How is a company allowed to trade when their staff LIE to paying customers?

The internet is choking with really bad customer review of TPG why hasn’t the regulator done something.
Are they in bed with TPG who knows but you can’t have thousands of customers angry and fed up and being ripped off and the regulator is sitting idle. Lots of Tax payers money being squandered I reckon.

When I said that I am going to the TIO ( Ombudsman ) the TPG Customer Relations Manager encouraged it. Hmmmm

You do your own homework, if you go with TPG just be prepared. When you think your going to get a reasonable and fair response you’ll get lies, fobbed off and we don’t really care.

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Everything is crap over here. Can’t connect the net in more than 20 days period. Just making a promise to make the things happen shortly but in real nothing is good.

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

minimum is 1 star else i would give this provider -1.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

i took more than a month just to get refund when they cant provide service, terrible service, always have to call atleast 15 minutes for 2 mins job, i alomst call tpg for 25 times in a month 15 mins atleast every time

Cheaters- fraudulant company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

BEWARE !! TPG is a Horrible company with only intention to mint money from Australians by any possible way including cheating, dishonesty, manipulation and fraudulently charging customers bank accounts without authorization.

Don't ever trust this company, these foreigners from other country base is on its own free will.
I will never recommend you to anyone. These are bunch of idiots.

I m formally pursuing complaints to ACCC and ombudsman office for action against this company.

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

After submitting a change of address form and being told it would take 2-3 business days, and after several emails chasing up, I have now endured two 40-minute long phone calls and am now facing a further 3-5 buisiness days before I will have internet. In both phone calls I was told two completely different connection timeframes and still have not received a follow up email after the conversation as promised to confirm this date 3 hours later.

Thieves - cancelled account 4 months ago still getting charged

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

By far the stupidest and crappiest company ive ever dealt with...

Crap internet service, I think the dial up internet I had in 1999 was fast than the tpg internet

On top of that, I cancelled my account 4-5 months ago to find that im still getting direct debited up until now..... I cant understand how hard it is to understand when i say “please cancel my account immediately”

I've never been so frustrated in my life

sydney

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Late installation response and poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

After hearing some good story about tpg, i decided move away exetel and join TPG. Exetel was no good, TPG is even worst. After paying all amount upfront including installation cost( some provider don't charge it anymore), They came back giving me a date for installation by noon. I was already with no internet for almost 15 days. So patiently waited for the date of installation 5th Dec. No news till evening from TPG, waited for Thursday, called them in noon, telling them about no dial tone and no message rcvd about credential for internet. They said its completed but then no email confirmation. And they cant test the connection about the internet as i was not at home and they cant do line test. Evening I called again 1 hr 20 mins no one picked up from customer service and kept hearing their recorded message about "restart your modem if there is problem". IVR does not tell how much is estimated wait time or where I am in queue, anyways by Thursday after i reminded they sent email of successful installation. Following morning called again, I asked what did you check before sending email about successful installation? Customer service did not understand my question, but then she did some test and said she will need to escalate to engineering team and it will take more time. Thats it! I decided to cancel.
TPG I do not have good experience. I have asked for full refund lets see where i end up with this!

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Fast and reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Apart from a few very short term drop outs recently, we have had reliable, fast ADSL2 with TPG for some time. We don't do lots of streaming but must admit when we do it's usually flawless. I'm currently looking at their NBN plans as I've been so happy with them I don't wish to leave. Unlike previous providers, I don't get bombarded with calls offering new contracts or products that I don't want.

Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

ADSL internet has been down for a full week and have been advised will be down for another week. The outage is affecting multiple ADSL services and is a Telstra issue. Telstra report no known outages in the area. I can see open networks in range in my building: Telstra, Belong AND TPG!!!

Will be subscribing to a new provider immediately.

Oakhurst

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Disgrace of a company. Charging me for a connection and its not even working and they are not doing anything to fix the problem. You have to call them they don't call you. Have cancelled my service.

• 3 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Connection Type: I don't know

Drops out constantly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Internet drops out on a regular basis, especially of an evening or during rainy weather. TPG blame NBN but NBN cannot find a fault and blame TPG which is very frustrating. TPG do not turn up when they say they will.

• 1 answer
  • 21 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Online website and automated system

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

This is in regards to payment method updates and website usability

First, no prior notifications about credit card expiry was given instead an email when a bill payment is unsuccessful. Multiple emails need to be sent out instead of unwelcome first and final notice about cancelation. This poor communication different to how other professional service providers deal with customers.

Second, the website usability and communication is poor. Confirmation needs to be directed to customer via email at least. This company need to work better on its communications when providing standard service.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Terrible speed and customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Terrible speed and customer service. Constant drop outs and very slow speed. Not even worth one star. Switch to another provider.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Fantastic, Fast and Reliable 100/40Mbps (FTTN)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Have not had any Problems with TPG, at all Since Leaving MyRepublic's NBN (FTTN) Service, TPG' is Fast and Reliable 100/40Mbps

Pleasantly surprised

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Cheaper than Telstra with unlimited downloads and faster speeds. Not a single dropout. Took one star off for the poor website design and non-functional mobile app.

Sydney

Connection Type: ISP Fibre

FTTB is excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I see the many negative posts regarding TPG, but correct if I'm wrong, they almost all related to ADSL2+ and NBN.
I guess I'm lucky in that I've had FTTB for about 3 years and never missed a beat.

RYDE

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Good, not terrible but not perfect.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I've been a TPG customer for more than 10 years over 2 different addresses. One thing that should be noted is the service you get is highly dependent on the address & is mostly out of the control of TPG. If your last mile is good, then TPG is good. Thankfully for me, 9 of these years have been at the same address that has a great last mile and TPG service itself has only had issues twice I can recall that required an adjustment of the line which they do over the phone. Their Philippines staff are friendly and do try and resolve the issue. I did have some issues when I moved address with billing and cancellations that I wasn't happy with, but they did fix it.

melbourne

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

its alright

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

it works in the day but then at night it just stop I've been out of internet for 3 days and all the call people say is we can't help you go to Telstra peeps

Connection Type: I don't know

Terrible.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Such a terrible company. Wifi works for about a week, then stops. a scam if you ask me. do not choose tpg. they offer no support for your problems, just tell you to reset your modem which does absolutely nothing. never again will i spend my money on tpg. i am outraged.

Sydney

• 10 comments
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

They kept my credit card information for nearly a year after I left (until it expired!)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I left TPG around 10, 11 months ago but felt compelled to leave a review after receiving an e-mail from them recently.

At first they were all right, and then it came to the point that I got frequent dropouts and the Internet was VERRRRRY slow. I decided to switch to another provider around December/January this year.

They outsource their call centres to the Philippines and while the staff mean well, they're clueless. The entire process was a headache. I enquired about the process of switching out and got a reply clearly copy-pasted from a script saying I could either e-mail, call or compete a form online. Except the agent didn't even copy the link to the online form correctly so I got a 404 error. I asked about the incorrect link and I got the same message back except the online form option was gone. The agent couldn't figure out that she didn't paste the online link correctly so just removed that option. (While searching around forums I found the correct link, which had an extra "p" at the end, "cancel.php" instead of "cancel.ph" written in the e-mail.)

So anyway, I filled out the form online saying when I wanted to end my service.

Filling out the form doesn't automatically cancel the account because they want someone to call you back and try to keep you with them. I was doing this close to the holidays and the e-mail said they would try to get in contact within two business days.

However the overseas contact centre doesn't seem to realise that December 26 is an Aussie holiday because I had someone interrupting me over the holidays wanting to convince me to stay with TPG.

What's more, although I had nominated a date when I filled in the online form, they said they would be closing my service two weeks before the date I nominated, and saying I still had to pay for the remainder. Apparently what happened was that when I sent in the initial enquiry ("what is the process for closing an account?") one of the agents had gone ahead and processed a cancellation request for my account even though I hadn't even requested an account cancellation at that point, just asking about the process, and had put in an arbitrary date to close my account. So the online form I filled in was disregarded.

After sorting that out I was happy to finally leave. I had to talk to several agents because they were clearly just reading from a script and had no problem solving skills.

Fast forward to this month. I got an e-mail from TPG saying I needed to update my credit card details. At the e-mail it said "If you are no longer using TPG services, please ignore this email." however this means:
1. TPG hangs on to your credit card details even after you leave
2. TPG systems can't even detect when someone has left the service -- seriously can't you filter out people who have left TPG or do a check if that account is active or not before spamming them?

Will never go back to TPG. The service was OK-ish in the beginning but the horrible customer service is what did it for me.

1 of 191 pages