Filter By:

Connection Type: ISP Fibre

Terrible service. Try to charge you for a service you are not even using.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Terrible customer service. As a loyal customer, I am moving out of my apartment for 3 months due to person reasons, then will need to reinstate my plan. They are not flexible and want to charge for the period, even though the internet will not be used. I made it very clear I just want to suspend my account for 3 months then continue permanently. Maybe if they offered 12 month plans rather than just 18 months (useless given a rental lease is always 12 MONTHS!), this would not be an issue. They just lost themselves a customer. I was warned against signing up to TPG. NEVER AGAIN.

Worst Service Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

We have had nothing but trouble with TPG. Not only do we have ongoing issues with internet dropping off and spending hours with customer service to troubleshoot, earlier this year we got a number of text messages that said we needed to urgently contact them regarding our account. Once I finally was able to get onto them, they proceeded to tell me that our modem was connect to old wiring and that this was going to be turned off in our area. In order to continue using the internet, we were told we would need to buy a new modem to switch over to the new cabling (??) After being bullied into this by being told that they couldn't tell us when this Internet swap over was going to happen, that if we wanted to continue to use our Internet we needed to organise the new modem immediately. Tired of dealing with tech support we agreed to the new modem. 3 months on at the internet drop offs have continued almost weekly. We have usually been able to solve these with extensive periods of time on the phone to customer service, however most recently our internet dropped off and we could do nothing to get it back. After talking to an extremely unhelpful technical support person, she eventually told us a technician would have to come out and look at the modem and that they would call us to tell us when they could come. After nearly 5 days without internet and going well over our mobile data allowance a technician came out to say that we had been sent the wrong modem and it had now blown and we would require a new one and that we would need to contact TPG to organise this. I then called TPG from work, furious with the service we had been receiving to be told that the internet at home was all fine and working, despite being told by the technician that our modem was dead and wasn't going to work. We will be leaving TPG.

gold coast

It's okay

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I switched over from dodo to TPG because of the price on NBN, didn't have a problem connecting. First 2 weeks of using it the connection was terrible at night and my ping went up really high when I was playing games. Customer service wasn't helpful to solve the problems. 3rd week it went back to normal. Been using it for 3 months now and hadn't had any problems with the occasional high pings at night.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

NBN Sux

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

Changed over from TPG ADSL to NBN. I feel like I'm back to the modem days. The nbn always cuts out. The frequency of cutout is hourly. We pay for boost and the signal strength registers less than the badic plan. And i am standing next to the new you beaut modem??? Why are we being forced in to this? My broadband was much more efficient and we hardly ever had an issue.. hold off for as long as you can.

• 2 comments

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Buyer beware!! Do not purchase TPG!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Worst service ever. I connected to TPG 1 month ago and STILL have not received internet. After multiple phone calls and the modem turning up 3 WEEKS later and the internet still not working I was eventually told that the modem I had was 'not exactly' the one that was meant to be sent. Hours of arguments to figure out what was going on and TPG finally admitting they sent the wrong one - refusing to wave the fee for them sending the wrong modem and refusing to pay back the money they had taken for the first month of internet, I decided I would cancel TPG. They then proceeded to give me the wrong details for the cancellation department and took MORE money from my account for the next month of internet. I've now had to contact the telecommunications ombudsman as TPG refuse to pay back the money they took for a service they still have failed to provide.

Never get this

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Service is shoddy. Everytime someone in my house goes to use the internet it cuts out. Wi-fi signal is strong but no damn connection. Calling a technician was pointless thing as they made it even worse. A 1min youtube video takes over 40 min to load and even then the quality is beyond poor. Won't recommend this service to anyone.

TPG - Worst Customer Serice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

I made a simple enquiry call to TPG asking about a plan, But the agent created a connection request and started sending me the Direct Debit form and CSG waiver form.

I am worried to call any customer care.

Horrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

The internet worked well for almost a year no troubles but the problem with tpg comes when there is an internet issue because no one will help or do anything. I have waited a week for something that they said only 24-48 hr will take to fix but was never done. I eventually cancelled and the new provider fixed it in less than a day. Shame on tpg.

• 12 comments
  • 5 questions
  • 31 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

NETFLIX on TPG NBN FTTN not very good

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

We waited until the final two months before we eventually agreed to let TPG replace our iinet ADSL1 service.
TPG sales had the attitude they were doing us a huge favour.
We told them that we were on iinet ADSL1 and used NETFLIX (Aust) to stream and it was working fine.

TPG advised us we needed their unlimited download plan. Lots of bundled stuff like included minutes of international calls to India which we definitely don't need unless we have to phone the manager of their call centre, eh!!! calls to standard Australian national numbers (which doesn't normally include mobiles unless you pay for unlimited).

We did tell TPG that we were hoping to save money on our phone and internet bills.
We were annoyed from the start because we didn't save ANY money by switching to NBN.
In the first month we had to use our mobile phones to make outgoing calls because one outgoing call would lock us out from making another call for a few hours. So even more costs for us. Phone over internet problems (we have been there before, like 20 years ago, so we told them it would be their network configuration error somewhere in their network and we were right) and it wasn't our end, so we should really get a refund?

Back on iinet, NETFLIX was working fine for two concurrent movie streams, we were on iinet ADSL1, but on TPG NBN FTTN unlimited, we will experience buffering due to Netflix Server reset and we have to wait for reloading. That is just with one streamed movie, so it also happens with two. If we were on any other plan but unlimited, we would be paying again for the reloading megabytes of files.

TPG Customer Service is terrible, they refuse (or are incapable of reading emails) to read emails and extremely reluctant to respond in writing, they keep phoning and wasting time, then we end up reading the email that was already sent to the Customer Support over the phone. They don't seem to understand, just need the extra minutes of phone time to accumulate because they must get paid by time in the call centre.

They managed to waste the maximum amout of time and resources possible to avoid the real problem, (which is customer support) so they sent a technician over. He was competent, he tested all phone points in the house and tested the phone line coming into the side of the house. He confirmed that our telecom wires were good, our TPG supplied router was good, our computer was good. He also did some basic speed tests with the TPG supplied NBN router and all hardware checked out OK. So this proves that we are not the problem, so that logically means the problem is with TPG connection to NETFLIX.

Will the problem get fixed???
We have requested that TPG let us out of the contract. They aren't letting us out, they haven't replied to our requests for a refund.

Amazing isn't it, Netflix on iinet ADSL1 was better than Netflix on TPG NBN FTTN, the new internet isn't very good.

Stretton

NBN service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Have been using TPG NBN for over a year now on the 100/40 plan. Had a couple of setup issues when I first joined but it was sorted out reasonably promptly by staff. Service is stable and speeds have been great.

Service is great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

I’ve been with TPG for a few months now, and I must say they’re easy going and simple and reliable. No problems so far, and changing plans is free of charge. Speeds are pretty good, and they are decent to talk to aswell. TPG or iiNet anything else I wouldnt waste time on :)

Worst service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

My internet service is not working for more than 15 days. Every time a technician is called but still no progress.
Thank you!

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

ABSOLUTE HORRENDOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE OF TPG

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Everything went alright, until the service was down on the Sept 6. I called up to TPG and they send me an NBN technician which arrived on the very next day. The NBN technician told me that the NBN down was due to a NBN main cable situated beneath the roadside was cut out accidentally by the ongoing construction. The technician advised me that the damage was too severe and there is nothing he can do. The technician advised me to call up TPG to advise them on such issue. I called up TPG almost instantly and my complaint was directed to the technical staff department. I told her the problem and my simple question was "When can the service be up". The answer I get was "She does not know". Also I asked if there is any chance that they can provide me alternative method so that I can continue to stay connected to the internet while waiting for the NBN Service to be up. I get the same answer which is "She can't". So does that mean I have to be disconnected without know the time frame of when the NBN could be up again? Then when I suggest maybe Optus could help me, the answer I get was " You will get the same answer even if its from Optus" .Not helping the situation at all.

Hobart

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Ombudsman worthy performance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Oh dear...Less than 24 hours as a TPG customer and I was cancelling...I signed up with TPG for my new house, being told I could arrange connection for a future date (10 days). My internet was connected that day. I didn't move in for 10 days! I asked that the billing cycle be held and was told "no and we don't do future date connections". I counted 7 outright lies I was told by staff. I said that I was misled by sales and wished to cancel (after speaking to 5 people). I was told "Sure, $350 cancelation fee". This palaver went on for a week with TPG missing scheduled calls, calling 5 minutes before closing and asking me to phone back before I put in a complaint with the Telecommunications Ombudsman. 6 hours later, TPG phoned and agreed to refund my money. A disaster of a company.

Not worth it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

NBN waste of money. TPG not helpful during setup, took 6 weeks + for equipment. Service unavailable more often than available. I dont recommend TPG

Connection Type: 3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Worst Service Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Internet at home is shocking.. Slow and my 22yr old daughter can’t get a connection at the rear of the house.. I am an Interstate Truckie and the drop outs are unbelievable as well as dead spots.. The service is shocking, for some unknown reason 1 of our 4 phones constantly gets disconnected.. We are changing.. Totally over this.. Would not recommend to anyone.

Sydney

Frustrating customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

I originally signed up for a FTTB plan from Wondercom, but was transferred to TPG as a result of a merge. As it turns out, the transfer process put us on a plan that costs $10 a month more than if we had signed up with TPG. I rang to try and switch plans to get a faster connection at the same price, as offered to all TPG customers, and spent 15 minutes on hold, was transferred between 4 different specialists, and then finally told that in order to sign up for a different plan, our existing internet service would be cancelled, and we would be without internet for 10-20 working days. This seems absurd, and I feel particularly ripped off as since we were switched to TPG, we experience outages in our internet service almost daily, and speeds slower than dial up. While our location has something to do with the poor service, it seems quite unfair that we are stuck on a low-speed plan.

This internet...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

G'day its have a chat from the cattle ranch, this internet makes me want to drink battery acid than sign up for another 6 months, I've had a better connection with abit of pvc.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Over an hour on hold then hung up on

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

Had an internet outage and tried to call for support. Their line answered and a recording. Said the queue time was 1 hour. I have no option but to hold as this is for my business. The 1 hour mark reaches, a recorded voice comes on and just days ‘goodbye’.
Not good enough, I’m ready to switch providers.

• 4 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Terrible upload and too many drops

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

My wife and I signed up with TPG about two years ago, we get naked unlimited adsl2.
Although it is ok when it works the upload has always been atrocious, I often have to send files to clients and I had to courrier them instead time. Lately we also had a lot of drop outs.
The price and unlimited download might be ok but not good enough for us as it is too unreliable. We now need to get the NBN and there is no way I will sign with them again. I've heard iiNet is good.
We are two medium users, we stream movies or series daily, use facebook, send emails, listen to Spotify.

1 of 134 pages