Filter By:

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Taking forever to complete the installation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

'Let me get back to you within 48 hrs' is the only thing they said, but never did.
Terrible customer service ever, how can I cancel it? Will never use again.

• 1 comment

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Tpg technical support, what a joke!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

My TPG broadband service keeps dropping out, have had 5 technicians out and problem is still there, their solution is to send another technician out, I have wasted enough time and money with this useless service, so I asked them to cancel it as I'm not paying for a service that keeps dropping out. Their reply is that they cannot do this via phone, only in writing, hang on, I set the whole account up via phone. Poor service and even poorer customer service via their overseas call center. Look elsewhere for internet provider!

Daylight robbery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Switched plans during month after switching to nbn service because of performance issues so I decided to switch to a lower plan then leave as I had no contract. They kept taking money out of my credit card account even though I was downgrading my plans and when I called, they refused to acknowledge accounting error. Spent me hours on the phone trying to explain and repeating everything in emails, the detailed account of what had transpired.
This is daylight robbery taking money out of my account repeatedly when I have already paid at the highest plan and was downgrading to cheaper plan!
Ridiculous!
Disgusting for refusing to acknowledge accounting errors and also breaching fiduciary duty for holding customers credit card details.

Sydney

Worst, very unhappy with TPG

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I have ADSL 2 +, Drops out frequently. Seeds up for few days only when you call them and complain about the speed. I am tired of calling them for the speed and drop out. Researching a good company to give up TPG.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Wrong advises, moneys been robbed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I have been advised to get NBN bundle in Surryhills on July when the service is available on September. Noone mention that before. They took $170 and give me nothing back when i have cancel my application after saying will refund 58$ for. Such a great promises been done.

Sydney

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

TPG NBN is worse than ADSL. Avoid this service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

TPG NBN is the worst thing that happened to Australia.
Constant dropouts, download speed is not what promised, tech support outsourced overseas.
Wasted so much time on tech support, customer relations etc.
The reality is: TPG can't make its NBN service as reliable as ADSL was. Period.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Terrible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Paying $100 a month for 4.0 Mbps downloading speed with 0.2 Mbps uploading speed (NBN). Moving to another company soon

Melbourne

Terrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Fake promises.. longer time than usual.. feel disgusted. And when you call their customer they just try to please you with no actual meaning. Just try to go round and round but donot come to the point directly

Brisbane

Very unhappy with TPG

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I am very, very unhappy with TPG. I run my business using TPG service and for the past week my phone and internet has been but off between 12-7pm. This has affected my ability to attend to my clients and had to take a few days off work. TPG have promised to send service members but have lied. I would give TPG -10/10 if this was an option, this is how dissatisfied I and my staff members are. Would not recommend TPG to friends or family.

Wadalba

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Abhorrent Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I have never experienced a poorer level of service. Installation and set-up of NBN in my new home took several attempts over several months. Over that time, I was given mixed information on the reason for the delay, with TPG saying that NBN had not run the cable down to my pit (despite TPG Sales telling me that my new home is NBN-ready), and NBN telling me that there was no order in the system to run the line down to the pit. A few months later, an NBN technician showed up to say that the line was already installed and no one had informed me . In the meantime, I had racked up hundreds of dollars using wireless broadband at home.

Once installed, the service was fine; however, less than a year into the service, my internet connection was constantly dropping out. They sent technicians a number of times, with the TPG technician blaming NBN, and the NBN technician blaming TPG for the fault. While this was all going on (over several weeks), I was racking up hundreds of dollars in my mobile phone bill as I was exceeding my monthly data allocation. On top of that, I had to take days off work to be home for the technician appointment losing potential income. To make matters worse, a couple of technician appoints were no-shows! At the end of the day, it was determined that the TPG-supplied modem/router was faulty! I bought myself a new modem/router as I did not want to use another TPG modem. That cost me another couple of hundreds.

The service is now working fine, but because of my poor experience with TPG, I requested that I cancel my contract without incurring cancellation fees (I have less than 6 months left in my contract). To add insult to injury, they denied my request citing high usage of my home internet as a reason – “Hello!” Of course there is high usage…because my family needs it! They just don't get it!

I would advise everyone to avoid TPG at all costs as their customer service is abhorrent.

For TPG’s reference, my TPG Customer ID is 5587979

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Performs as expected. FTTP, 25/5.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

I'm on NBN, lucky enough to get FTTP.
25 Downl, 5 Up.
Real life results is ~24.5 down, 4.95 up
Stays relatively constant through whole day, (might get worse in the future with more houses being built and connected).
Didn't have any set up problems, so did not have to deal with customer service. (Setup technician came within 1 week)

If you live in Williams Landing area, TPG 25/5 is a safe bet. I got what I paid for.

• 4 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

DO NOT USE TPG. LIARS LIARS LIARS! ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

Worst customer service ever! 6 months to finally get connection. Made hundreds of calls. Every time they said they'd call back. In 6 months I NEVER GOT A SINGLE CALL BACK to be advised of what the he'll is going on. Finally got to the 'big bosses (past the operators, past the supervisors, past the case managers and even the managers). Guess what the big bosses said, they'd call me back in an hour as they were in a meeting. Its been a week and counting...

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Be careful when you want to contract with TPG, they just want to rip you off. Maybe TPG dosent care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

NBN, If you call overseas they just try to charge you double the market price. Unfortunately, they don't have TPG App. NO IT worker to help you with how much of you international packed you used.

• 7 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

No connection still charges me money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I paid 200$for getting into tpg but we never used internet but got bill monthly
Customer representatives working here are worst than any where else they dont solve our problem at all very worse people cant understand what we are saying

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Maybe TPG does not bother all these feedback.. But still wanted to write something. Its been 7 months of being tpg customer and during these 7 months my connection cut off twice and it tooks them more than a week to fix it... So if you are a student then please stay away from tpg...because its not even fast and also they have lots of issues with their own connection. All over tpg service is not even close to good!

Worssssssssssssssst

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

Pay for the unlimited adsl2+ bundle monthly.
I've had it for well over 2 years. Recently the internet has been dropping out completely, so i have to turn the modem on and off. The modem and my computer say it's still connected but no feed is coming through.
Literally had my partner and I on our laptops playing games and the connection completely drops out. This is not the first time, it's been on going. My roommate will also be watching netflix and I'll just be watching tv and her netflix disconnects - and she is the only person on the inte
rnet.
Call TPG customer service and they asked me to test the speed from my phone with all devices disconnected. Clearly it's going to run faster if nothing is using it.
I explain to him that it's not the phones having the issue is having 2 laptops going at once, and for unlimited you'd expect it to be fine.
He didn't even ask to speed test my laptop or partners. Blamed the background processes on my laptop - which it virtually has none. I pulled up task manager and told him that they're standard programs running in the background and he still continued to blame my laptop.
He literally said "You need to sort your laptop out, it's clearly using all the internet."
Which is not possible.
Told me i have probably have malware. NOT POSSIBLE. I frequently check.
Had absolutely no solution.

Internet is still crap.
OH and I'm moving out in over a month and asked them minimal disconnection notice - 30 DAYS.
JOKE.
Oh and then! They charge you 2-3 months apparently.
When you're on a non-lock in contract.
Sounds great hey.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Hopeless and unable to fix the issue

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

We have ADSL 2+ with TPG, first 3 month was fine and avg speed we have got was reasonable. Since there is a line fault somewhere from Telstra's exchange they give up fixing it and said to me they can't do anything. My speed is slow and continue with drop out. They want to push me away to other provider just simply they can't fix the problem.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

3 weeks and still nothing happening!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

So i was supposed to do a ownership onto my name on the internet with tpg! The customer service was absolute terrible as it has been 3 weeks and it is still not done. I've talked to them every other day and everyone is telling me different things and telling me to send in different things. ABSOLUTE TERRIBLE!! 3 weeks and haven't gotten nowhere with them! DO NOT USE TPG!!!

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Seems like i'm one of the lucky ones

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Seems like I'm one of the lucky ones..

I've been with TPG for about 9yrs on ADSL2+. Confirmed by the faults team that I'm 1.9km from the exchange (if that is even accurate) syncing at 15Mbps, which is pretty decent considering the distance. I can max the bandwidth provided I'm downloading from a fast server. No issues with Netflix, not even during peak hours, Amazon prime takes a few seconds to load at poor quality then corrects itself after about 10sec and the quality is great, probably equal to netflix, while Netflix takes about 2-3 second
s to load at a high resolution (whatever that may be).

I've called tech support a few times for minor issues, e.g. drop in sync speed, has dropped to 10Mbps, they did whatever they did to my line while over the phone, so it had to be software related (possibly software update or whatever on my line) and it fixed it. Provided you do your own troubleshooting and verify with them that you've done the isolation tests, etc etc, they won't bother making you do it again.

As for gaming, i get 70ms to the blizzard servers while playing Overwatch, with about 85ms RTT.
Connection is stable, but my modem is scheduled to power cycle once a week anyways.

False Promising From the Sales

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

Today is 9 Aug.
TPG Sales mentioned it will take 1-2 days to mail the modem if the address is in the City. So I gave them my work address and payment on the 2 Aug. I received the modem on the 8 Aug.
TPG Sales said my apartment complex has all the TPG structure ready, so all I need to do is plug in and ready to go. Obviously, that didn't happen. I emailed and spoke to TPG to authorised my tenant to follow up with TPG on the 4 Aug. Till the Aug, TPG told me it has not been authorised and needs 24hours. Its already 4 days!!!
Today is 9 Aug, I was told, i need to arrange with a contractor to come to my apartment to set it up. The customer service it may take up to 20days. Wow! 20days.

1 of 128 pages