Filter By:

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Trash internet all day

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Trying to play some video games and the internet is always terrible. The majority of the time its good but at crucial moments it messes up. Clearly terrible service as well after you cal them up they say they will try to do their best but they do nothing except forget about it. Terrible! Would not recommend. Get optus instead.

Melbourne

• 2 comments

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Unreliable service and slow speed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Their call centre is in Phillipines and they are not very helpful and have difficulty understanding my technical issues when there are technical issues which seems to be quite frequent. Internet service drops out and is slow during peak times. To cancel you have to give 30 days notice prior to your billing cycle, otherwise you will be charged another cycle.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Forever dropping out!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

I’ve been a customer for about 10 months roughly & even though I have brought to the technical supports attention that I have an unstable connection, the issue is still yet to be resolved! I am a university student who relies solely on my connection but because of the frequent drop outs 7/10 I’m forced to travel to my university to use their connection as it’s more reliable! Things really need to be done about this but as for the speed I am happy!

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Bad ADSL, Polite Staff, Poor Non-Fibre Buisness Options.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

- Cancelled my service and got charged an extra dollar for three months.
-Terrible ADSL, Everytime time it rained would cut out for around 12 hours.
- ADSL Speed was slow.
- NBN Installation was not good.
- No fixed IP options for HFC.
- No buisness options if you do not live near Fibre. TPG will not install Fibre to get to you.
- Customer service teams are polite but there is a long wait.
- Problem Resolution is good, once you finish waiting.
- TPG sends you lots of routers. I have a collection.

Do not use TPG

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Worst company in the world. Do not use TPG. Been charging us for 3 months with no internet and will not cancel our direct debit and refuses to give us a refund. Also, we were assigned a case manager that keeps saying that they will call us back and no calls at all. This has happened too many times to count. It's strange that NBN is in my area but they don't want to connect or update us. Yet the customer service agent said they are happy to keep charging us for NO internet. I asked them what happens if I don't have internet for 12 months? Their reply was well we can't do anything so we will keep on charging you. They then blind transfer you to random departments that can't help us. Please whatever you do, don't get scammed by this company.

Worst Internet Provider!!! Stay Away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

On tpgs ADSL2+ contract. I have called to complain 3 times after only receiving 1mgps (not enough to even check my emails, let alone watch Netflix or browse social media). The staff I spoke to the first time helped me waste 1.5 hours of my time doing their job in finding out why my Internet speed was not even 1/10th the minimum promised in my contract.

After this the problem was not solved/fixed or rectified. The next two calls where much the same with staff who more rude and less helpful.

Overall, do your self a favour and do not engage TPGS service. They will not deliver on is promised and what you pay for month in month out and when you try to have the issue fixed (and there will be issues) they will just go through their standard crap of why your internet is slow.

For everyone else with the same problems, your best bet is to contact the TIO Ombudsman and file a complaint as this is perhaps the only way something may get done - or to at least shut this scammer company down.

Internet is so bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

I'm tired of my internet speed sitting at 2mb I pay a lot of money for tpg to provide internet but they just don't provide it . Every day constantly through the day bad internet . I live 4 houses from the node . Optus was better and that's saying something . So angry I'm tired often crap internet.

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 20 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

You can't deal with them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

TPG offered NBN for my ADSL2+ connection.
Without consulting me, they've scheduled an appointment and CONFIRMED IT! When I called and asked they said the system will automatically assign a date and confirm!!!! (Mind you this is within 10 days of talking to them!!!)
I asked them to cancel the appointment and ask them to wait till I find a date and let them know. Within hours there is another email confirming that another appointment is confirmed! What the hell is going on? If I don't stay home, they will charge me more than $100.00 for that!!!

And TPG can't connect on a weekend, or after 5 pm. Strictly within office hrs. I don't want this connection. How do I cancel this? I can't meet their requirements.... They just don't listen. They do whatever they want....

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

difficult to do business with them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

quite difficult to do business with tpg. i am a business customer and they expect me to login to their portal called frontier to then get bills. i cant get it mailed either way. regrets my end now.

• 2 answers
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Good friendly staff - easy to deal

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

I have a good experience with TPG. Recently, I was having issues getting NBN installed. TPG support really worked hard to get this done. They chased NBN and communicated with me well.
Staying with TPG....!

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Technical service extremely poor, still unresolved issues

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I have been with TPG since May 2016 and did not have any issues until around mid October 2017. Connection will constantly drop out. internet connection can be unavailable for a day or so before coming back online for a while. 2 incompetent technicians was send to my house that could not resolve the issue. No one in their "engineering" department has any clue what is going on and it is physically impossible to get hold of any manager on the phone. Half of the time you can't even understand the person, as their English is very poor.

Since the first ticket opened in October they have closed the tickets 3 times now without actually resolving the problem. The last ticket opened on 6 December where I insisted that someone call me, was closed on the same day without anyone calling me. The ticket was closed, but the problem is still unresolved.
I do not recommend this pathetic ISP to anyone.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Unlike many here, my experiences were strangely good ones!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I read a few reviews before writing this. It seems there are a lot of problems, none of which I am finding.
I think ALL telcos play these rotten tricks when plans are involved, different ceilings tailored to your needs (not!), special packages
for when you exceed monthly caps, tapered service, etc., etc.

Perhaps part of my good experience with TPG is based on what I chose, which I did in case they were awful. I paid extra to avoid a contract.
I am on NBN rather than ADSL. I paid extra to have phone included (with VoIP), so I have unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles plus some
overseas capped time which I never use. I have unlimited, non-choked access (which EVERYONE should have, we are not in the dark ages
anymore and if you try and save a couple of dollars by using anything other than unlimited you will pay more for it eventually).

Anyway, with these things in place I can say that I have not had a problem. Connection was easy and fast. A technician made an appointment
and turned up on time. Yes... on... time.... really! The guy in the flat opposite thought it was his technician for a Telstra installation of NBN
which he had been waiting weeks for. I know so many other people have trouble getting connected with NBN that I just told them to use
TPG and they found it just as easy as I did. One of these guys had been waiting months! They had received a modem, and were told (over
the phone) that it should work, even though it didn't. TPG had them sorted in less than a week after first contact (except for VoIP, which always
takes a few days longer).

To put it simply, they installed quickly and on time. The service is perfectly fine and the rate is a single fixed rate which is much cheaper
than I was getting before. That to me is all that matters.

BRISBANE

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Never ever again will I use TPG for anything. Arrogant cheats!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Never will I ever use TPG again. I am sick of their stupid and unreasonable rules that serve to slug customers at every possible opportunity. I had an ADSL2 connection with them, they asked me to move to NBN cable, offering me higher speeds at a lower price.

They told me my average useage was 8GB per month so the 10GB limit wouldn't be a problem. Low and behold, I used the 10GB and they tappered me to down to such a speed that I could not even load google. My god, what a nuisance. When I called them, no empathy, no respect, no care. They would zero my useage again but only if I paid a monthly fee charge again. I told them they could shove it.

Again, they did not care. Such terrible service. Never again will I ever use TPG. They are in the same camp as Air Asia - treat customers with no respect and gouge as much as possible. Hidden fees and charges everywhere!! Keep away from them.

Horrible experience with tpg

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Trying to run a new small business and tpg haven’t been helpful at all. It’s been 7 weeks with no internet so I have no eftpos or music etc in the shop. I've called every other day to get updates and always get promised my case manager will call me back because she is never there or busy, but has never called me back!! I've had enough. It’s not that hard to connect internet!!!

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

100% crap don't sign up with them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Had nbn connection connected for tpg. Made unauthorized withdrawals from cards they were told to use once. Spoke to a senior escalation officer who was very rude and spoke over the top of me not letting me get a word out. They refused to refund the money then stole out of an account. Was left with no option but to cancel bank accounts and cards due to refusal to remove. Otherwise always bad service and very slow unreliable internet cutting in and out all the time. Am cancelling contract in new year 'I guess you get what you pay for'.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Pathetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Absolutely pathetic! Ever since we changed to nbn it's been a nightmare! Despite being assured by tpg that internet would be working perfectly and many technician visits, still continues to experience frequent drop outs and no internet connection at all. Does not recommend their service at all!

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Liars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2017

When you ring these peoplle, they will tell you just how great their service will be. They will fill you full of great feelings of how your internet will perform amazingly and how seamless the process of changing to them will be. Unfortunately, they will not mention that there will be 1,2 or perhaps even 5 days that you will have ZERO internet connection while they transfer you over. If they would mention that, a lot of people, especially businesses, would not sign up because why would you have your online business down for 5 days? Well, you wouldn’t! They are liars. Do not trust them.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Worst net provider in world I guess

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

Tpg is becoming day by day worst service provider. Pathetic staff who lie on call. I had given a month advance notice for relocating and starting the net on time at new location. They charge us on time but never provide better service.
No one to answer call had to be on hold for almost half and hour. And still final result the net is not working. Wish this company soon better their service or better shut down the company.

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Worst internet provider out there!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

Terrible!!! I moved into a new house I was charge a moving fee, the installation took over 7 weeks all this time I had no internet service yet I was still being charged!!! When requested a compensation tpg only offered 4 weeks, after a long process I decided to just take the 4 weeks and cancel my service, I thought it was all done but I was wrong, they had charged me for the last month (the first that of the month) but cut the service the first week of the month!!! Called to complain and after a long wait and rude service my internet was reconnected. Terrible internet provider.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

The Worst Service Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

I do not recommend tpg my wifi and home phone has not been working for the past week and always just drops in and out I cannot stand this bull we payed for a service that does not fulfil its duties and we have kids at home doing the hsc as well as business stuff required to be completed but cannot but of this crappy wifi. I am officially cancelling my contract and don't recommend you to fall for this.

1 of 139 pages