Melbourne

Bank Robber

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

This is the worst experience we have ever had. Luckily we realized there was a trap just before we proceeded to the last payment step. We bought the same tickets from the event organizer. It saved us heaps of money. Never use it. This is by far the worst booking website you could ever imagine. the person who made this website is very mean.

Brisbane

Private message

Ripped off - paid over double for the Phil Collins tickets!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

Thought I was buying premium seats for my husband to Phil Collins in Brisbane - but was just being ripped off by this company Viagogo. Paid $816 for two tickets. When I got the tickets, which they don’t send you until a week before the event, the price on the Ticketek tickets is $176.80 per ticket - overpaid by $464!! Surely this can’t be legal? Don’t use this immoral criminal company - I will pursue this.

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

This site is a scam. Do not use it they are not to be trusted and charge fees which are more than the tickets. Their customer service is non existent. They should be shut down!

Private message

This is an illegal set up, off shore and out of the juristiction of Australian consumer laws

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

My daughter bought tickets to Sam Smith, and I tried to get Visa to cancel the transaction 2 mins after being online. Didn't work. So I set upon writing complaints to Fair Trading, Visa etc. Got a harsh email from Viagogo because Visa had contacted them. I then sent Visa all the court cases pending and complaints about Viagogo to Visa and also asked them a question.... why are you supporting a criminal organization.? I then received the refund after 6 months. Viagogo defrauded people buying tickets for the draught relief convert in Country NSW last year. They can only be contacted by a PO Box Number in Switzerland. They are using the numbers system, where a majority of customers do not take action and also their isolation against investigation from Fair Trading.

Stay Away From Viagogo

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

I would never reccomend Viagogo. For $55 tickets for Australia vs India one day cricket game I paid nearly $200 each. As I accepted the charges on Viagogo they were changed to Pounds not Australian dollars. It was too late for me to cancel my order, it had gone through. 4 cricket tickets cost nearly $800AUD. Never once did Viagogo reply to any of my emails. This company are dishonest & the biggest rip off company out, there. STAY AWAY FROM VIAGOGO.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Do not use this site they are thieves.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Do not use this site they are thiefs . Purchased tickets through the they charged us $109 extra per ticket and we thought that was the goingcrate as we opened the art centre site but unfortunately we were taken to this site. They were unhelpful and rip off

Private message

Rip off in the highest degree! Paid almost $50 extra per ticket! Won’t be going to any shows

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Cost almost $50 per ticket extra for booking through this site. Won’t ever go through them again and telling everyone I know about them. This is blatant robbery of the worst kind.

Absolutely fraudulent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

The way that this company does business is completely fraudulent. Do not use this site, do not buy tickets through them. They charge a $95.36 booking fee + a handling fee + tax and the best bit is that they take your credit card details prior to advising of these costs. There is also no point in trying to talk to them in order to discuss the situation as their customer service is non-existent. In fact, I am not even sure why they bother to answer their phones if they are simply there to tell the customers they are not interested in helping them.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Verified Customer

Tickets were overpriced and did not arrive.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I was a little late to hear that the Wu-Tang Clan was coming to Sydney, so all the tickets were sold out on the official ticket website.

When I typed in 'Wu-Tang Clan tickets' in google, viagogo was the first link that appeared, which is unacceptable. Viagogo should not be able to advertise on google after all the robbery they've done.

They charged about $120 more than the original price, plus an $85 transaction fee that was only mentioned as I was making the payment.

The website gives you 5 minutes to make your purchase or else it will supposedly go to another buyer. They list fake information such as '1% of tickets for this event are available' to pressure you into buying.

I made my purchase, but was very worried the day before the event as my ticket was not emailed to me. There was nobody I could contact.

Luckily for me, they did give me a full refund since my ticket never came through. So at least they follow through with their guarantee.

However, I missed my chance to see the Wu-Tang Clan whom I've loved for years. And even if I went, I'd be uncomfortable with how much more I paid for the ticket.

If you have bought your ticket and can't get a refund, I don't advise you to re-sell on the website as you'll get less money back and someone else will get scammed. Go to the Facebook Page 'Victims of Viagogo', which will give you advice on what you can do.

Becareful - non genuine tickets

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Recently purchased australian open tickets, they appeared to be genuine, however when contacting AO directly they confirmed that the tickets were fakes.
Do not purchase from this site if you actually want to enter the event. Should be shutdown for misleading consumers

Sydney

Private message

This amounts to a scam and scalping

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Bought tickets for an Australian theatre event. Bill came in Euros (without any warning) and their booking fee was almost AUD$100. Tickets delivered were inferior to what we thought we were getting and considerably more than their original price. I am awaiting confirmation from the theatre that they are actually legitimate tickets. Appalling situation! Have paid about double through no fault and their dodgy business practice.

Worst website for tickets

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

My partner bought me tickets here for 2-3 times the normal price. Their booking fee is the same price as the actual original tickets. When she rang to get a refund, the response was just a lady following a written script. AVOID AVOID

Private message

Did not deliver on the goods.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

The whole process was misleading. I bought tickets online and gave them to son for Christmas from Santa. Sure they followed their procedures re notification of inability to meet order. Thankfully got a full refund . They said the seller could not provide the tickets. They searched and could not find other to replace them. In desperation to keep Santa present alive, I went to the host theatre website and was able to get last minute tickets. Viagogo price $193...… Comparable seats from theatre $105. Wont be using them again.

Perth

Do not use Viagogo

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

The minute you are on their site you feel pressured to buy or you will miss out because there are constant has pop ups like: Less than 3% of tickets left for this event, 30 sections already sold out, Tickets almost gone, Demand is High, 69 other people are interested in this event, please release these tickets if you’re no longer interested, Don’t miss your chance.
What I did not realise was they had not even gone on sale to the public yet. Tickets had only been released for Optus Pre-Sale customers only. 10 days later I got emailed the tickets.
The original tickets were $114.75 each. I paid $865.68 for 3 tickets which included $69 per ticket for GST/Booking Fee. THAT IS $514.53 MORE. The tickets were in another girl’s name. I rang Ticketek & they said there was no way of knowing if the tickets were fake until the event. I purchased 3 more tickets while I was on the phone to Ticketek.
I put in a dispute with PayPal who rejected the claim because I had received the item. I then put in a dispute with the CBA and I am still waiting on the outcome.
The ACCC needs to do something about this. Viagogo has thousands of BAD reviews with similar horror stories. Please DO NOT USE VIAGOGO and become another one of their statistics!

Scam!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Please don't bother with this website. I got horribly scammed off this website thinking it was a legit website as it was always the first one on my Google Search for event tickets. Not only did I get ripped off but the booking fee was ridiculous. Please please don't NOT trust this website!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Under no circumstances use this site - EVER!!!! Sold me 20$ tickets for 70$ absolutely crap!!! How can businesses like this exist. Never ever use this site - never been more disappointed- EVER!!!!

• 1 answer

Evita tickets

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Omg I’m horrified my husband bought me tickets for Evita for Christmas bought what he thought were genuine tickets and paid $150 a ticket, when they arrived the next day, they had $59.90 on them. No barcode! I ran the art centre only to be told they are not genuine tickets! The only thing we can do is go to the show and hope no one is in the seats, such a rip off, have tried contacting them but no one gets back, don’t use this site unless you want to lose your money.

• 2 answers

NOT AUSTRALIAN COMPANY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Absolutely fraudulent, they are being sued while still operating, do not trust these only use reputable ticket outlet, do not trust do not trust do not trust them at all

Perth, Australia

Totally ignore Australian consumer law

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Bought tickets to see Underworld but they cancelled their tour. The tickets are however still valid, but with a different headline act. Refuse to issue refund and say they "have no control over the acts" etc.... Best case, unethical, probably fraudulent.

Private message

I booked two tickets for the rehearsal of EVITA.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Price quoted on TV ad was $135. Price on actual ticket $99.90. Charge on M/C was $373.65 I know we have to pay a booking fee but this is ridiculous also when the bill came was charged an extra $12.70 for an international fee. Definitely won't be using you again the extra charges are ridiculous.

1 of 124 pages

I purchased tickets for an event on 7 March, 2019 and have been advised that viagogo is waiting for the tickets to be released by the event organiser. I have been advised that tickets have been released and I would like to download mine now.

Judy E asked on Jan 11, 2019

Answer this

This is a good example of how Viagogo sell the expectation of a ticket, and not an actual real ticket. They will sell you one for the front sections at inflated prices and then supply you with something near the back row later on and then you won't get it till maybe a few days before the event. Some people think they buy the crappiest tickets themselves and then sell them on at huge prices to unsuspecting buyers. I'm not sure if that's true or not but what I can say is that you will not get the seats you paid for.

They simply cannot do this in the UK or Ireland anymore, if they cannot provide a ticket in the section you booked they give you a refund.

How to check if my tickets are legitimate or not? I guess, I can't. Purchased them from ebay seller who said they are from viagogo... 2 hard copy tickets for RHCP

Janis asked on Jan 11, 2019

Answer this

Hi Janis I rang ticket mater today to see if they could tell me if mine were legitimate, but they can’t tell you as as I wasn’t the buyer from Ticketmaster, I just have to turn up on the night of the show, and see if anyone is in the seats, it’s awful.

Don't know how to reply.. so ticketek told me the same thing... they are not allowed to give us any info, only to a card holder. So i guess 99% that my tickets are fake and i will lose the money. It was silly to buy tickets on ebay.

Can I get my tickets back if they haven’t sold?

Zoe asked on Jan 10, 2019

Answer this

Basically it’s at your risks to even buy the tickets to begin with, you would be better off seeking a refund through your bank and then contact the ACCC