Stealing from a young family

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

I purchased tickets to Liam and was charged $453. I tried to then on sell them and when I cancelled within the time frame they still charged me an extra $60. not only did they cost 2/3 of what they normally are but now as a one income family with a 5 month old we now can’t afford actual tickets and now have no money for Christmas. Thank you very much Viagogo, not impressed!!

DO NOT USE THIS SITE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I booked tickets to a live concert at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, thinking this was a cheaper option as Ticketek was sold out of standing tickets. I purchased two tickets on Viagogo for $420 with a booking fee of $88. When I received the tickets they had someone else's name on them and where only worth $130 each. Viagogo made a profit of $248 on me, when it was advertised as the best available deal on their website. When entering the concert on the day, I was initially refused entry due to the wrong name being printed on the tickets. I was told multiple times that I had lost my money and would not get entry to the concert, only through receipts and a nice security guard, did I get in. I WILL NEVER USE THIS SITE AGAIN. IT IS A SCAM

My ticket was duplicate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I purchased a ticket from them for Adele's concert. Luckily got in early, scanned the ticket successfully, and seated right away. After an hour or so, a lady came claiming that she had the same seat number as mine! We compared our tickets and yes it is the same seats sold by the same person!! Only her ticket was much higher priced! She seated to the other vacant seat instead as she said she already watched the concert and that this is her second time watching Adele. Lucky me she was cool with it. But damn I thought the site were checking the tickets!

newcastle

• 4 helpful votes

stop and run away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

i bought concert tickets from this site. the website pushed me with a crazy time limit and said the price was $220 a ticket. when I got to the checkout, the tickets were another $68 a ticket in GST and fees. by now, I had less than 3 minutes to complete my transaction or lose the tickets. I stupidly purchased them anyway for $288 a ticket. when the email arrived to confirm my tickets, there was a section number but no seats. I contacted the venue as soon as I had bought the tickets and was told IF the tickets were sent to me, I most likely would not be admitted as they were not from the authorised seller. I have contacted the bank in an attempt to get a refund as viagogo has not been able to be contacted for a refund. I now have had to cancel my card and will have to wait a week or more to get a new one. I am about to make a complaint to consumer affairs too.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Do not buy tickets from viagogo. They charge you more than twice the amount

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

VIAGOGO cannot be trusted. Do not buy any tickets through them. They disguise themselves as reputable ticket marketing companies and charge a booking fee for each ticket and charge over twice as much as the actual value of your ticket.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Hidden and excessive fees, terrible customer service, bad website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

These guys are the worst - do not buy tickets from them. Their website is aimed at wasting as much time as possible by placing you in non-existent queues just so they hope you buy their overpriced tickets from sheer frustration at having to stay on their website for so long. They hide the real cost of the tickets until the very end of their process so expect to pay 25 to 50% more than the value they initially show you once they add their fees, postage and handling charges (all of which are ridiculous).

Private message

Pink tickest touted as 'Hot Seats' yet confirmation says STANDING at Hot Seat prices....False and Mi

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Specified Email Tickets yet it states at the end that they will be mailed any time UP TO 3 days before concert ....Fantastic (Sarcasm). Also tickets were to be 'Hot Seats' but on confirmation it stated the tickets as Standing yet charged Hot Seat Prices!!
This is Deceptive conduct using false and misleading advertising.
Goods not as described.
Credit card payment so interesting to see if Refund or Charge-back comes first.
Lodged charge back with card provider.....45 days to see what happens next.
Summary - do not buy anything from viagogo

Private message

What an extortion shut them down

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

I bought pink tickets at a pre sale with telstra, front row for $416.40 delivered by mail and couldn't be happier soon after Viagogo sent me an email saying pink tickets are on special and don't miss out, I went through the process of their stupid pop ups saying 2% left don't leave the page and when i got to check out they wanted to charge me $1250 in total $990 for the tickets and $160 for delivery and GST when is our government putting a stop to this disgusting rort of hard worker savers i hope Pink finds out about this as all entertainers/ sports should petition to stop this terrible company

SCAM SCAM SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Don't be fooled, this site is dodgy. For starters over priced. Then when we got our confirmation there was no seating allocated. No row, no seat number. This sent off alarms. That's when I googled the company and found all of these terrible reviews. Credit card has already been charged. Pay attention to who you buy from. Use ticketek, master, mosh tix etc. This site is crap.

Narangba

Cirque du Soleil Tickets - Viagogo Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Paid $498 for two tickets to Cirque du Soleil as advertised on the Viagogo web site. When I downloaded and printed the tickets, the face value was $76 each. Tried ringing them on many of their listed numbers and got the usual `not connected' message. Finally got through on one and was told they could charge whatever mark-up they liked: too bad!
Lodged formal complaint with Consumer Protection Agency.
Total scalping effort/agency. Do not use them. Appalling behavior.

Ripped off by thieves

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Govt should b shutting these dodgy parasites out of business. They don't want to work they just take from gullible people who work hard to save to go to events

Scam - fraudulent site

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

Purchased tickets in June 17 for Monster Jam 14/10/17 paid just under $600. The tickets were for my 6yo sons birthday. All day he was so excited only to have that excitement shattered when the tickets would scan "tickets invalid". I was directed to ticketek only to be advised that I've been scammed.

Everything seemed ok at the time of purchase emails came in. The tickets arrived by email last month.

Totally gutted for my son. He hasn't said a word, but the look on his face said it all. Thanks Viagogo.

Griffith

Scammed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

Bought tickets back in June for monster jam in Melbourne. Turned out they were a scam and the tickets were invalid. Could not contact anyone at viagogo to assist and had travelled over 600km

Private message

FFS. Do not purchase from them.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Viagogo are a corrupt company. Do not purchase from them, ever. Google needs to stop them!!!!!!!!! Karma is a b***** Viagogo. Bad stuff will continue to happen to all individuals involved in this company. I feel sorry for you and your mother's, poorly bright up. Just wait....

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

What a bunch of thieves - go elsewhere or don't go at all it is not worth the stress.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

I am disappointed that I paid for Tickets in the centre of the venue with an excellent view and because they were printed tickets I did not receive them until two days after the event - There was plenty of time to send them, I kept emailing them to find out where my tickets are and no help at all, after several attempts they finally sent me electronic versions (they claimed were my tickets) of the printed tickets and the seats were Terrible, seated right at the end where you cant see anything, I paid nearly $900 for two tickets and they were only $330 tickets I contacted Viagogo and they said they emailed them to me, when I queried why the tickets I purchased were nowhere near the ones they sent me, they stopped talking to me, I wish I had known as I would of went to my ACTUAL seats and flipped out if anyone was seated there.
To the tossers working for Viagogo - Stick the company you bunch of thieving germs.
Not Happy and will never use this company again.
There has to be something illegal in what these guys are doing.

Do not buy from VIAGOGO

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Bought etickets which were never emailed in the time frame given from them. I wanted a refund which of course they refused. Then tried to convince me to resell tickets in their site but i did not want to risk them not selling! They then offered to send paper tickets with tracking. I disputed via paypal and they could not provide any evidence to them that my tickets were being sent, not even a tracking number! They then tried to tell me my tickets had sold and confirmed purchase of a new buyer but if i can't confirm the purchase then i loose my money.
Thankfully i did not respond to anything from them and paypal dealt with it for me and i got my money back!
Do not buy from this site. They are ticket scalpers and by the sounds of other stories most of the time your tickets will be invalid when you arrive to your event.
Their site is designed to reel you in and make you do quick purchases under pressure with a timer counting down to make quick decisions.
Stick to legitimate well known ticket outlets people!

I hate VIAGOGO!!!!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

VIAGOGO must GO TO HELL. I stupidly spent a load of money $800+ on tickets... it showed $600 but then shot up to $800 and shows "500 euros" on the email that I received. I then did loads of other Googles searches and found out that the face value of the tickets is actually $170. Great. Realized it's such a big SCAM. And reading all these reviews. Makes my blood boil. I feel like such a dumb for falling for this. Can't believe Australia allows this company to continue to steal people's money!!!

Sydney

Verified Customer

Same experience as everyone else - scammed out of my money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Just like everyone else posting, I was scammed by purchasing tickets through Viagogo. I was turned down by the venue. It amazes me that the people that run this business are able to sleep at night, knowing where their money is coming from.

Melbourne

Private message

Request a charge back from your bank!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I recently purchased concert tickets through viagogo and was so upset with the booking fee ($60 per ticket) and I didn't know about the fee until after you place your booking. I went through my bank and requested a charge back of my credit card - and was SUCCESSFUL!! Every one should do this!! Of course you have to forgo any chance of going to the concert - but they were prob not valid tickets anyway!

Melbourne

Private message

A perfect example of daylight robbery.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

It's a rigged website which pressurises you to buy tickets by scaring that there is very less number available and you are running out of time. And there is surcharge for international transaction from no matter where you are and surcharge for card transactions. They say you'll get hard copy tickets but will apologise after few days of buying the tickets and will simply hand you eticket. I mean comn be more vigilant. EBay and Gumtrees even Facebook are better place to buy tickets than this, scumbags robbers

1 of 49 pages

I paid a fortune to see Ed Sheeren in Brisbane in March and I'm worried they won't be authentic as I've heard lots of bad things. There supposed to be standing tickets not seats, so I'm wondering if I should take my luck or try to sell them back through viagogo?

Natkat asked on Oct 18, 2017

Answer this

HI NatKat,
You certainly could try reselling them through Viagogo. BUT I believe that your tickets would be of a last resort to them as they would sell new available tickets first and only sell yours if no others are available. (Just my suspicion of their business model) As to your tickets being valid...finding out at the gate could be devastating depending on travel etc....this has happened too often to discount that possibility. Hard to resell via other channels if they may bounce on some other hopeful person. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Ok, thanks for your help. The tickets are supposed to arrive 3 days before the concert so I'll just have to wait and see I guess

i have bought 3 etickets for robbie williams in perth in march, should i be worried as i haven't received my tickets yet?

Sponge asked on Oct 17, 2017

Hi guys , can someone please help. I have purchased tickets from Viagogo for the 2018 Pink Tour without reading reviews as it was a count down and super stressful making sure I got tickets , Now coming on here I am really stressing out the I hubs just wasted $1200 on a SCAM . Does anyone no any contact details & NUMBERS I can contact them to make sure that it is legit ! I got it for a birthday present and saved this money !! Thanks in Advance

Paige asked on Oct 16, 2017

Answer this

Hi there. Us too how did u go ?

I have got my bank to cancel my card and dispute the payment I will receive my money back with in 3-30 days " ended up buying tickets from tickettek

Ditto!! I cancelled my credit card and called the bank to submit a transaction dispute with hope I might get my money back but doubt it.