Absolute rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I paid $95 each for 6 tickets for the cricket. I found out when it comes to the tickets being sent the tickets were only worth $35. I feel absolutely ripped off. I tried to reverse the sale and they offered to buy them back $200 less than I just paid. Never use this site.

Viagogo - People beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I was unfortunate enough to somehow get onto this web site Everyone beware, DO NOT use them. I am going to send my query to the police department. I encourage everyone who has been ripped off by this company to do the same. this site needs to be closed down!!!

Scam

Viagogo deserves 0 Stars
Crooked. Misleading. Misrepresents sales.
Zero customer support.
Do not waste your money
Purchase tickets however face value not shown and worth 10% of what I paid. Total scam

Bad taste in mouth to see a Legend, Paul Kelly.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Don't touch the scammers $91.00 tickets for Paul Kelly Become $211.00 total rip off.
My wife thought she was dealing with Ticketek, & we thought,ok pre -xmas gift. with admin fees,
about $548 for two tickets. Printed tickets, they had a $91 odd dollar price tag on them. Never again.
After reading some reviews, waiting to see what happens when we turn up on Saturday.

Misleading, Overpriced, and non-refundable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

My recent experience with Viagogo has been very disappointing. I was purchasing tickets to a music performance in Sydney for May 2018, and the ticket options had headlines such as "2 tickets left left in this section" or "5 tickets left". This gave me the false assumption that the concert was almost entirely sold out, so my options were limited and I had to pay for expensive tickets. I was also made to pay an outrageous buyer's fee (over $100). I was under to false pretense that Viagogo was the primary ticket vendor for this event, not that it is a ticket-resale company. I must acknowledge that as my responsibility.

After this, I discovered the price of these tickets to be over double the price of actual tickets by accident on the webpage of the hosting location (Sydney Opera House), and that tickets were still abundant for purchase on this webpage. I then tried to find a way to sell the tickets back to the original sellers and get my money back. The response I received was that it was tough luck, and I could not be refunded the buyer's fee. If I wanted to sell the tickets back on the site, I would then have to pay for ANOTHER fee, the seller's fee. Being forced to pay 2 fees just to get back to where I started seems very unfair. After back & forth emails with Viagogo, the offered no help at all. They could offer no refund at all. I am very disappointed with their service. The service employee was in no way rude or offensive, this was not the issue. The issue is with company policies.

I would strongly encourage people to avoid Viagogo if possible and use other ticket buying sites.

Outright fraud!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

This site is a complete scam! Paid three times the price for Cat Stevens tickets! The seats where awful in the last row! Disgusted hope someone does shuts then down.

Adelaide

Piece of human feces

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Viagogo was the first website to pop up on google and I thought the organisation is genuine. Want to sùrprise my daughters with Taylor Swift tickets. Website display prices in AUD farking low lifes end up charging me in USD! Viagogo root in hell... Now not sure if I will receive the tickets.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Anxiety to elation: a Starboy story

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

I was super worried like everyone else. I didn't think I would make it to the show despite the Weekend being my fave artist and it was right around my birthday. The day of the concert it popped up on facebook and I followed a link to Viagogo. They made it seem i was getting the last tickets but in my case they were actually fairly cheap (around $60 for 2 tix). I received the tix in someone else's name and they were originally about triple the price, stoked. Then I started reading reviews and the panic sunk in - they were probably fake. I asked my friend to go with me and warned him of the risk of embarrassment. We got to the venue and couldn't believe it when we got in!!! Absolute elation and amazing gig, dream come true. So basically be warned based on other reviews but note that people are more likely to review something when they have a bad experience, hence why I'm making sure to review. It was a gamble that paid off and I'm grateful for the opportunity to see the Weeknd which I never would have otherwise.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not giving right tickets

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

We purchased 4 premium tickets on the 17th May 2017 for $1095.96. The tickets we received 3 days before the concert on December 7th tickets were the 2nd row from the back valued at $390.00 in someone else’s name ‘Paul‘
We were out of pocket $800.00!
Beware of this scam ...

Poor form

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

I am disgusted with the ethics of this company. I bought tickets to 2 shows the relevant websites, and unknown to me I bought through viagogo. I was charged around $90 & $60 per ticket extra for each show.

Verified Customer

Viagogo Lies about ticket availability & location & Rips you off! Read Viagogo's corporate response

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

I purchased Real Madrid soccer tickets. Viagogo consistently lies about true ticket availability. They overprice their tickets by more than 3-4xs face value. I bought 6 tickets that were shown on the seat map to be in the center of the field together. The seats were not together, behind the goal in the last row and 3rd to last row!! When I complained to the online Viagogo attendant they just said I could resell my tickets myself using their service loosing hundreds of dollars!! I have pasted below my exact emails and Viagogo's responses to those emails below:

I spent over $300 per ticket with Viagogo for 6 seats that are now for sale for $100 and my 6 seats are not even together! I want all 6 seats together or my E1811.40 fully refunded. I will be delighted to repurchase 6 seats together which will be much better seats for a much better price! David B. Seibel.

Dear ,
We are contacting you regarding your order 14015605 for Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid on 18 November 2017.

We guarantee that, unless you buy a single ticket, you will never get 1 ticket on its own. For example, if you ordered 5 tickets you may get them as a group of 5 tickets together, or as a group of 2 tickets and a group of 3 tickets, but never will get a group of 4 together and a single ticket elsewhere.

Note that this only applies for tickets purchased as part of the same order. If you have ordered multiple orders, then they are each treated separately.

viagogo is a platform that enables ticket sellers to reach customers. Ticket sellers range from individuals with a spare ticket, to multi-national event organisers.

Sellers provide the seating information and they also determine the price of the ticket. Many different sellers may be offering tickets for the same event, which explains why you may see tickets in the same section of the venue at varying prices.

Kind regards,
Chris

Dear Viagogo, Your response is unacceptable. You never disclosed on your website when I ordered that all my tickets would not be together! It is a necessity as I am traveling with my children. No other on-line ticket re-seller splits up ticket packages and you should not be able to get away with this unethical business practice. You can quote me your hidden internal policy, but if you don't list that policy up front in easy-to-read large print on your website purchase screen, you are misleading the customer the same way you misled me 1 month ago on your website by saying "hurry only a few tickets left", when tickets for this event are not even available or released for sale until 1 week before the game! All the above is nothing less than dishonest business practice. So I ask that my request for 6 tickets together or a full refund to allow me to repurchase 6 tickets together be sent up to a supervisor or manager for approval. Otherwise, I feel it is my obligation to go to Google reviews and every other on-line business rating website to express my dissatisfaction with Viagogo and illuminate your poor business practices for everyone to read including a cut & paste of your written corporate response to me in this email. In case you haven't noticed, Viagogo does have competition and I truly hope you make the only right decision. Sincerely, David B. Seibel

Dear David,

We understand that our answer is not what you expected. But as we previously mentioned, We cannot refund you.

If you cannot use the tickets you purchased and there is still time before the event date, you can re-list them instantly by clicking here, www.viagogo.

We will market your tickets on our platform to find a new buyer. We do not charge any fees for relisting tickets that you have originally purchased from us.

Occasionally there may be reasons why the tickets you've purchased cannot be re-listed but it's usually because the event date is too near to allow delivery or upload to your buyer.

Please note that you can re-list your tickets without physically having them in your hands, as we can re-direct them directly from your seller to your buyer.

Best of luck with your listing!

Kind regards,
[name removed]

Dear [name removed] & Viagogo,
I find it interesting that you have no reasonable response to the multiple serious accusations I posed against Viagogo in my previous email. I guess all those accusations of unethical business practices and false marketing are true since you choose not to defend them. Restating your protective internal policies and putting the burden on me to fix the problem Viagogo created and to resell the ticket package that you deceitfully sold me with seats apart, further shows me your complete disregard for customer service and the truth. [name removed] you need to quit Viagogo and work for a company that lets you live true to your values of treating people honestly and decently. Look for my searing reviews of Viagogo's lack of business ethics and even worse customer service on every internet website review possible. Your response letters will be highlighted. Obviously, I will never use Viagogo again and I will work to see others do not as well. Sincerely,

David B. Seibel (I'm not afraid to use my last name.)

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Viagogo under investigation for fraud. Don't use.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I recently purchased Boxing Day Ashes tickets on Viagogo. I panicked while viewing the ticket options because they said there were only a few tickets remaining, that several other people were looking at the same tickets and that I only a certain timeframe in which to purchase them. They added a hefty admin fee on to each ticket which I figured I'd just have to wear if I wanted the tickets. On payment I received an email saying that I would receive the tickets by registered mail no later than 3 days before the event! There were no seat details so I had no idea where my tickets would seat me.

After the fact I found a number of forums on Viagogo. None with positive reviews. I also spoke to colleagues who said that the media had done some stories on the site warning consumers about them. Unfortunately all this was news to me. I called the ACCC who advised me that they were indeed under investigation for fraud and for providing false and misleading details. They suggested a few options for me but said that it may be difficult to recover my costs given the site is based overseas. I then called the venue who said that in their experience some tickets work but sometimes Viagogo will sell the same ticket multiple times so the first entrant will get in and subsequent tickets won't work.

There are a number of things I have gathered from reading forums on Viagogo.
1. They charge for the ticket then add an exorbitant admin fee at checkout which is previously not mentioned.
2. They sometimes sell the same ticket multiple times so even if you get a ticket it won't work.
3. Due to the excessive amount they charge for some tickets, some venues won't accept entry due to state scalping laws indicating that tickets a certain percentage above the official rates will be unallowed.
4. Tickets received may not even be in your name.
5. There is no way to call Viagogo for refund. They only allow you to resell.
6. Contacting them through their website doesn't work because they don't respond.

I fortunately paid through Paypal and lodged a complaint. I had to contact Viagogo through paypal initially. I didn't hear anything back so I escalated my complaint explaining some of the above to Paypal. This resulted in a full refund of which I am so grateful. This could have been a very expensive lesson.

Please think twice before using Viagogo!

Melbourne

• 1 answer
Private message

Scam the govt should do something

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I bought Adele tickets last year from viagogo for $600 for 2 and vowed never to use them again. But today whilst I was trying to buy Aust open tickets it kept saying I’m a viagogo customer. It automatically booked my tix from viagogo. At a glance the ticket prices were the same $88 so I agree but when I put in my credit card it charged me $ 100 more for 3 the 3 tickets! Surely this is unlawful not to provide your fees upfront! It’s so wrong and the Australian govt isn’t doing anything about it! Everyone be aware and do not buy from this scammer!

• 1 answer

sourced 'impossible' tickets

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Watched the Elbphilomonie being constructed for many years in Germany, once it opened we could not obtain any tickets for any time - then found this site. Tickets arrived promptly by DHL from Europe. Encouraged, we then got tickets for Paul McCartney One on One in Brisbane. Then all the bad reviews started appearing. Fearing the worst, we fronted in Germany but the Elbphilomonie was okay and great. Same again last night in Brisbane. Sure it cost more, but eight people were very happy for these special occasions . Will use them again .

Complete scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Bought tickets for the ashes for my dads visit from the UK and have just received my tickets valued at $95 each having paid over $600 for the pair. Completely baffled I turned to the web and now see that I have been completely scammed. I’d never heard of Viagogo and thought I was on the official ticket site for the event. At no time was it made apparent that I was paying a different price to the ticket value. So disappointed. Having now read this trail of negative experiences I just hope these tickets are real.

Fraud!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

Got to the gate at day on the green in Perth last night. And ticket was a fake ticket the name on the ticket was known to be a fraudulent ticket as the office had seen this before. I had to repurchase a ticket at gate. Had a great night in spite of this. But beware do not buy from this site.

ADELAIDE

Private message

DO NOT purchase tickets from this company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

They pay to have their listing at the top of Google search so that it looks official.
They pressure you to buy in a hurry because "tickets are selling fast".
They charge double the price of Ticketek & then bill you in Swiss Francs so you pay an extra foreign currency conversion of around AUD 27.00.
Once you make the mistake of purchasing, they will not refund, even within ten minutes.
I seriously doubt that when & IF I get the AUD 782.00 tickets that they will be at all valid.
This company is obviously so "Swissly" smart & powerful that our pathetic legal system is not able protect the Australian consumer from them.
A pox on all Viagogo personnel, may they all disappear into a corporate blue haze of insolvency & end up on social security benefits, - in Syria.

Canberra

Exorbitant on charges. Rip-off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

They charge an additional 50 percent on original ticket price, including GST on GST. No response to questions after you pay them. I should have come to this site first.

Con artists

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

This company is manipulative, misleading and down right wrong. The tickets are fake. They do not respond to your emails and they overcharge what is actually listed as the ticket price.
Their website has links that don't take you where the link says it will eg; i clicked back after it took me to the checkout and then after selecting the back button it proceeded me through the checkout to purchase complete through paypal. I have contacted them several times and no response.

They are crooked and need to be shut down.

Dogs!

Sydney

Bad taste in mouth

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

I bought 3 tickets for Cat Stevens for $585. When the tickets were delivered, they were $94 each and situated in the nosebleed section at the very top of Qudos Arena. Rip off artists extraordinaire!

1 of 57 pages

I purchased two tickets last night from Viagogo and am furious that I paid $100 more than I should have. Have I got any chance of a refund?

Rosina H asked on Dec 14, 2017

Nope!

Can someone please alleviate my fears somewhat and tell me of your good experience?

Swordfish asked on Dec 13, 2017

Answer this

I use it regularly. Never had a problem gaining entry. Remember ppl usually only leave reviews when something goes wrong, not after it goes well! Read the comments and you’ll see most complaints are about price and not missing out. Ticketek and Ticketmaster have even lower ratings than viagogo on this website so ignore the complaints and enjoy your event.

I used viagogo to buy two tickets for my wife and me to see Paul Mccartney on Monday 11 December. We entered the venue with no problems and the tickets were useable. Our names weren't on the tickets, but our identities weren't checked. We paid a lot, to be sure, much more than they were worth, but Paul is in his own special category as an entertainer and musician that I didn't really mind.
What happened was that I decided to buy the tickets on Viagogo a few days or so before they went on sale on Ticketex, 4 July I think it was. I bought the tickets from Viagogo on 30 June and the tickets had a bought date on them of 29 June, so someone somehow bought them on the 29th and quickly sold them to Viagogo. Viagogo said that the tickets will be available no less than 3 days before the concert. This worried me a little as I started to get suspicious that nothing would be sent to me. But no, as the day approached (and I can't remember when it was but it was about a month or two or so before the concert) I was able to print them from the Viagogo website. While lining up with my wife at the venue on Monday evening we noticed that the other punters had colorful printed tickets and started to worry a little, but we sailed through the entrance as our tickets were read and recognized by the hand-held scanner.
So, we used Viagogo successfully and paid much more than the $406.40 printed on the tickets, but it was to see Paul so who cares. I don't plan to use Viagogo for any other artist and so it is the last time that Viagogo will get my dough, but the system worked and the tickets were useable and we saw Paul and had a wonderful time

As long as you remember this you'll be fine:
- The tickets won't be in your name (if it has no name at all this is a good sign - the full time sellers who are the most trustworthy usually remove their personal details from their tickets)
- You won't be paying original cost price (usually more but sometimes less)
- You'll likely get the tickets in the week before the event
- Sellers do NOT get paid for anything they sell until 10 days AFTER the show - so there really is not any incentive for people to sell you fake tickets
- If you have an issue at the gate, get written evidence of this and you'll get a refund

If you do NOT get tickets (i.e. the person selling them can't provide them), you will get a refund. If that happens, this is not a big deal - just log back into the website and buy some other tickets (if you look on social media people usually complain that they didn't get tickets WAAAAH...... instead of using their common sense and just logging in to buy others when this happens)!

Hi, I just bought 2 Taylor Swift tickets for her Melbourne show on OCT 26 next year. Paid all my money via credit card and only received an email stating that my purchase is confirmed and I will get my E-Tickets sent to me no later than 3 days before the event. I also don't have specific seats allocated to me, only a section and an aisle. I'm feeling like I've been taken for a ride here and sold tickets that don't exist. The only hope I have is that since Taylor Swift tickets haven't officially gone on sale as yet that viagogo buy them on Friday when they are released and then pass them on. Has anyone had an experience like this before? Please help, very concerned!

Auldie asked on Dec 12, 2017

Answer this

The same thing happened to me for Adele tickets. I did get the tix a few days before the event n found out it was a resale. The original ticket prices was circa $130 and I paid $600 each! When I attended the concert I was afraid i wouldn’t be able to get in but thank God there were no issues. Hope the helps but don’t use the again although it’s hard to avoid them now they have your email details .

I’m exactly the same but I think the prices I’ve paid for these tickets are reasonable. I actually bought two different types from Viagogo. One standing (or in the snakepit) and the other seated. I was given seat details, section and row at least. Then I saw other reviews and now I’m super nervous. I am intending to sell one version but now I don’t know what to do because what if 3 days before the event (which I didn’t realise that’s the earliest we would get our tickets) the tickets turn out to be different to what I paid for looking at many of these horror stories???

Tickets will be released in about eight months from original seller. Don’t panic. Most scalpers send tickets at last minute so they remain valid. Only takes one moron to ring Ticketek to check if tickets are valid and they’ll cancel them all, leaving many ppl out of the show if the scalper has sold 100 tickets. Sit tight.