Shame shame shame Viagogo

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

I ordered tickets to a festival that begins tomorrow. They are e tickets. I have not received them. When contacting customer service, I was reassured that many tickets were released at different times, don’t worry, be happy type of comments. I have spent $ 938 in April this year and now it’s the night before. I would like to have a refund but they won’t do that either. Wondering what to do now. Consumer watch dog, social media? I am so unhappy with the company’s arrogant attitude - I feel sure that some poor dude at Viagogo customer service will have to wear these bad reviews since the company don’t appear to take any responsibility for bad policy.

Awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

This is a horrible scam website. Over priced tickets with a $99 booking fee and offer absolutely no help or refund policy. Never use it. Wasted $469 when it should’ve been less than $200.

• 1 helpful vote

Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Bought tickets in October for over 600 for pink.. Printed off, they are crap seats and $101 tickets.
Horrid company.. Don't do it.
Contacted them, these tickets better be valid!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question

Great tickets!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Was a little worried given the reviews of Viagogo, however the tickets were excellent. Great seats, I thought they were overpriced, but Pink was worth every cent. She even landed on her stunt pole a few metres from where we were sitting. Stoked.

Scammed and gutted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Purcahsed tickets for a show at the art centre. Scammed. Devastated. Never recieved. Lied. Gutted. Loss of a lot of money. No customer support. They should not be able to operate

Viagogo are cheats!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

They are cheats! They charged me $50 booking fee for tickets which normally have a $15 booking fee. And then if I want to cancel the tickets to avoid their booking fee, they want to charge me $64 for the service. Outrageous. Wht hasn't fair trading closed them down????????

Private message

Viagogo should be closed down!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Paid $240-75 for 2 tickets to see Pete Murray in Ulladulla on Sunday 22/8/2018. No E tickets have arrived. Contacted venue and informed tickets were $45- each. I don't feel confident tickets will be genuine after all the comments I have read. The Depart of Fair Trading know about Viagogo as well as the ACCC. Viagogo should be shut down.

Kim

Melbourne

Ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Never ever ever buy tickets from this group.
I bought ballet tickets through this site that cost me $90 more than they should, sadly I thought I was buying the tickets from The Australian Ballet site.
Never again

Auckland

Viagogo is a guaranteed No GO

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Terrible experience! A bunch of liars and thieves. I bought two tickets for the Miguel concert in Auckland, held on 14th July 208. Not only were tickets originally valued at NZD 102 each sold to me at a whopping NZD 183 each, they turned out to be dud tickets. What makes the whole experience worse is that I found out about them within minutes of (unfortunately) already purchasing tickets on their site and requested a refund straight away. They said they do not refund tickets and instead can resell the tickets, in the event that i was unable to go. Tickets, which by the way, I didn't even have because they only send you your e-tickets a week before the actual event. When i did contact customer support on the day and a few minutes after i was denied entry at the venue, due to tickets already being used, I was put on hold. Their customer support representative did get in touch with me and while being sympathetic, requested my for documentation to prove the denial of entry. At what event have you ever seen people providing you with a certificate of denial??? Long story short, they are currently investigating this issue and I hope they refund the entire i amount i paid for the ticket.

Also, how many bad reviews and testimonials does it take for the commerce commission or equivalent to shut this site down? Clearly, they are a scam site, duping innocent customers overcharging us for invalid tickets and wasting valuable time.

Katoomba

Scammers posing as Ticketek

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Bought tickets for Wallabies versus All Blacks fir birthday present. Came across like Ticketek but instead just a web scalper site. Paid huge booking fee plus top dollar for tickets only to receive tickets valued at half the price. Offered a “big” $57 refund to make up for it. Only after all this did I look up Viagogo reviews- hope my crappy tickets actually get the birthday boy his seat. Very angry!!

Private message

Do not deal with these c...s

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Crooks. Should not be allowed to operate. Purchased a ticket. Got to venue. No seat avaiable. Just another on line scam. Bunch of crooks hiding behind a computor screen. Fist and last time I purchased a ticket online.

Private message

Worst experience ever! Such a rip off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

They're the biggest rip-off! Bought two tickets for Mamma Mia from them. I checked Ticketmaster and found that I ended up paying $100 more just for the two tickets! I can't even choose seats on Viagogo. They lure customers into believing the tickets are selling fast so you need to book in quickly, but there're in fact tons of tickets left! Also, they charge by US currency?! Why would I be charged US dollars for an Australian event?

Ordered tickets to Pink & haven’t received

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

They are a scam don’t use them. Ordered tickets for a concert everyone got there’s from other company ages ago they didn’t send mine. Not happy sent big money saving to go & had to get flights & accommodation as well very disappointed.

CRAP

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

False and misleading information about ticket seating and price.. don't go near them, no customer service or phone number as well. This mob should be shut down ASAP.

Scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Brought tickets to the rugby in melb and never received them . VIAGOGO is dodgy & i hope noone uses this company and they should be stopped . So so sad

Absolute rip off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Bought tickets on this site. Ended up paying $100 over retail price because of their ridiculous booking fee. Totally discourage using this site... I feel like I was scammed! I won't ever be using this site again.

Just got burnt!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Just paid nearly $600 for tickets to an afl game that viagogo apparently have no rights to or are allotted to. Absolute scam. SCG booking service confirmed this and informed me I'd been fleeced. Don't be as trusting as me...

Biloela

Biggest thieves ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

I bought tickets through them which I thought were good seats for $222 each x 2 to find out when they sent them to me they had somebody else's name on them and they only paid $101 for them. They also took another $185 dollars for there fee. So I got onto them and PayPal only thing I could do is relist them they said so I sold them for $200 each and ripped someone else off but now they won't give me my money they got for reselling them till 8 days after the concert so if the people can't get in they keep my money. Will not use these grubs ever again. Wish I could get my hands on them.

• 5 helpful votes

Fraud- horrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

Bought tickets for the Irish and Australian rugby game in Allianz stadium in Sydney. Tickets cost $160 each and we had 2. When we arrived Viagogo had actually sold our tickets again in the next release so we had no seats. We sat on the floor for the first half of the game with people shouting at us to sit down. We were then moved by Allianz to terrible seats (no view and far cheaper tickets) I’m pretty sure it’s fraud to take someone’s money for a ticket that doesn’t actually exist. We have not been given a refund and they will not escalate the Enquiry. They should give a full refund but they’re making terrible excuses. Would not purchase through them. Really terrible customer service and terrible treatment of their customers. Horrible experience.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Worried if tickets legit

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Bought tickets Oct for pink cost $635 for 2 downloaded today to discover they are$101 each and no name on them. Worried if they are legit. Hope they are. Says low level 1-8 t67-68

1 of 94 pages

Purchased two pink tickets which have arried in someone elses name.. How can i check they are legit and havent been cancelled? They are Embossed Ticketek tickets with correct logo etc but I am worried I wont get in after reading all these reviews..

Katie asked on Jul 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi Katie
I have the same problem. I am going to ring the venue and explain where the tickets came from to see if we can use them.

Kim

Hi Kim, don't bother, they wouldn't help me either..

Apparently they can't confirm I'd original owner has cancelled them or not and said we won't know until we go to the gate..

Has anyone bought moto Gp tickets for Thailand?

Therese W asked on Jul 14, 2018

I got tickets from viagogo and ordered 2 tickets for Pink. I was meant to have seats, but given GA standing? Tickets arrived but are different size, paper quality and one has a black strip behind it. Also different font. Im sure one if not both will be bogus. Anyone with tickets know what tickets are real? Is it possible they would be different? I doubt it :(

Arch asked on Jul 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi. I picked up my proper Pink tickets this arvo from Ticketek. I can describe them but this is for the Melbourne concerts though, so I'm assuming official tix from the agency all look the same no matter which concert you go to. Maybe home print outs are different?. But the tickets are serrated on the left and right hand sides about an inch from the side like you can tear them off. There's a barcode on the left hand side with a white background. The middle part has a blue diamond pattern background and has the venue, live nation presents Pink Beautiful Trauma Tour, date and time, enter door number, section, row, seat, admit $ and a thing called a PAX number. The right side has white background with Ticketek logo in shiny blue ink at the top and a bunch of small writing with live nation website, trans no purchased date, seller and PAX code again. The back also has a black strip and next to that is the Ticketek logo with a bunch of small writing outlining some terms and conditions. Anyway I hope your tickets are similar and that you manage to get in to the concert :)

Hey Darron64 hope you have a blast at pinks concert I sadly won't be seeing her and I am a huge fan but as you know from all my reviews and answers to questions on this site I have been f/cked over by viagogo just like so many other good people PLEASE let us know what a great time you had I will look forward to your review anyway you have a great night as I'm sure you will wish I was there god bless