Misleading sales tactics

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

Like a fellow reviewer stated, they do not ship products from Australia despite the fact they keep repeating they have logistics centres here.
Their website misled me - I was under the false impression that they would be sending the product to me directly from Australia, and it would arrive the next day. This turned out to be a false assumption on my part, as my DHL shipment stated it was sent from Hong Kong. I would have never purchased from this company had I known this beforehand. They clearly use this tactic to gain sales, as I was already looking at numerous other sellers who were more explicit in their statement of where the product was shipped from.

Here is a tip, be more honest on your website - state the glasses will be shipped from overseas and then you won't get as many unhappy customers. It's for this reason that you won't be having any repeat purchases from me.

• 2 helpful votes

Not in Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

This company has no physical presence in Australia and after a long wait ships from Italy or Hong Kong do not deal with this company as they do not make the the fact clear.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Hi Davo, Thank you for the feedback. I fully understand your concern about the orders being sent to Italy or Hong Kong. Please be advised that we do have office in Australia though we also have d... read more »

sydney

• 1 helpful vote

APPALLING: Been Waiting Almost Three Months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

On the 22nd of July I placed the order for a pair of glasses as my previous ones had broke, it is now the 18th of september yet I do not have these glasses. I have contacted the company on a few occasions but the responses was generic and dissatisfying, each time would be the same thing over and over again. My item was backlogged for two and a half weeks and was expected to be delivered to the facility on the 26th of August since then I've received 3 emails stating that my order has been delayed for an additional 5-9 days. At this point it is debatable wether my product exists.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Hi Danny, We appreciate the feedback and I’m sorry that you had to go through this situation. This is not the type of service I expect you to receive. Please kindly send us a private message with... read more »

dear Ben, I appreciate you taking your time to respond to my review. I've been waiting for the order VD0228745703G for the past two months (almost three). I understand thats theres only so much yo... read more »

Dear Danny,

Thank you for providing us the order number. We will take a look at the order and will provide you with an update. We apologize once again for this unusual delay and for the inconveniences.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible Company. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

I ordered a pair of sunglasses and paid online. Some time later, I get an email wanting me to verify the purchase. Now no other company has ever done this and I started answering their questions and after a while thought why am I disclosing the same info and can't they from the info given see that I am the person who paid, so I terminated the conversation and asked for a refund. The person talked over the top of me. I also sent an email asking for a refund. They advised that a refund would take 3-5 working days. Well it is now a week since this happened and they took my money and they have failed to refund me as promised. Needless to say, I will never deal with them again and would strong advise others to avoid them. By the way, I purchased the sunglasses elsewhere which have been delivered and did not have this experience. There are better companies out there that are as price competitive and without the nasty after taste.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Hi Salty, Thank you for your review. I can’t express enough how sorry I am about this situation. I would love to check what happened on your refund if you can please kindly send us a private mes... read more »

Ben, I have sent an email to your customer service address and asked them to forward it to you. I did send an email over the weekend regarding my refund and have received no response. I will keep... read more »

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible company still waiting on delivery.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

I ordered a pair of prescription eye glasses on the 18th August which were deliverable in 5 to 11 days. Vision continue to stretch out the order saying that it is a week away. I am not sure I will ever receive my glasses or that they actually are able to every fulfill my order.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Hi Ian, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you still haven't received your order. Our apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you. I'd love to check what happened on t... read more »

Dear Ben, I am in constant communication with your company and have been for the past month. I have so far exchanged messages with at least - Joenette (about 6 emails) and Maria (about 2 emails so... read more »

Vision Direct Official

Dear Ian, Thank you for providing your order number. I fully understand where you're coming from and it must indeed be very frustrating on your part. Please be assured that we are continuing to i... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Fake Ralph Lauren sunnies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Unhappy with purchase. Product received does not match with the advertised one. No confirmation email and proof of purchase. Came with a cheap white box. I will not buy again from Vision Direct.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Hi Lee, Thank you for your review and I regret to hear that you are not happy with your purchase. I can assure you that all our products are 100% authentic as we source them only from official dis... read more »

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

This is the place to shop for sunglasses. Fast delivery !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

They are very helpful and they support online enquiry. I have received my sunglasses within day if it is in stock. That the the wow factor that i am experiencing and they resolve any problem within days. I will keep shopping with them. Thank you

Quick and as described

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Very happy once again with purchase from vision direct.
As per the last few times I have purchased if it is marked as in stock it gets to my door in Australia within a week.

Melbourne

Private message

Fast delivery, affordable prices, good contact lens selection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

I couldn't have asked for more! Good contact lens selection. They are one of the very few online retailers that carry the contact lens brand that I use. I would typically get them when I am overseas because the optometrists here don't carry them. Prices are about 30-40% cheaper than what you would pay for contact lenses from general optometrists too! Shipping was really fast and reliable - there was free express shipping by DHL for purchases over $100. The whole experience was so much better than another online retailer that I used some time back. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Designer eyeglasses at almost 40 - 50% lower cost

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Looks matter as we deal with people everyday. Having a good quality frame and lenses is important. Their is no doubt that OPSM has the best collection of eyeglasses from various brands. But the cost to any buyer after insurance payment would still leave anyone at least $500 out off pocket. So I decided to do some research and found vision direct has similar frames and quality lenses which comes around 40 - 50% cheaper. I checked with insurance company before buying if I could claim and that was acceptable as they're registered with all major healthcare insurance providers. The order was processed immediately and the status was updated. The eyeglasses were posted in less than 2 weeks through DHL which arrived in couple of days. I also got the invoice online so that I could make the claim. The overall experience has been very professional though I had some reservations earlier but I took my chances.

Cheap!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

Better value than general optometrist by far. About a 30% saving on my contact lenses. Shipped to your door. Easy way to shop. Why wouldnt you!

Classy Classic sunglasses

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I really love these very classy RayBan Original Wayfarer sunglasses, they are perfect in fit and a perfect style. Thank you Vision Direct.

Verified Customer

Very Good experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I have bough two pairs of prescription sunglasses and 1 pair of prescription glasses from Vision Direct. Original high quality products with beautiful light lenses as I have a very high power. Best of all you can claim it from your health insurance and the variety is mind boggling.

Very good purchase experience !

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Good customer service , fast delivery! Good product! Have not try the contact lenses yet,looking forward to try and will come back again.

So speedy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Glasses were easy to order, so affordable and came so fast! My frames were safely packaged and are perfect. Thanks vision direct!!

Outstanding service. Competitive price.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

4th pair of sunglasses from this company. Perfect fulfilment of each pair. Highly recommended. Delivery in particular is outstanding. Glasses delivered within a few days.

Perfect service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Very quick delivery, product is packed exceptionally well and neat. I am very satisfied with the service. Will definitely purchase again!

Prompt service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Prompt service, fast postage. No issues. Happy with overall transaction.

Review section is tedious, asks for a lot of comments.

Very happy

Very happy
I ordered a pair of frames that I had originally found in OPSM they are exactly the same and the quality is legitimate to the brand I brought
Lenses are excellent I saved approx $450

Thank you for great service !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Great product and best value for money ,very fast and efficient delivery received the lenses in a couple of days highly recommended .
Thank you !

1 of 101 pages

Does vision direct do multi focal lenses? Not bifocal but invisible multi focal lenses?

ads1212 asked on Aug 25, 2017

Hi Valued Customer,

Thanks for your question!

I am pleased to inform you that we do have multifocals or (no line) progressive lenses. To learn more about our premium lenses, please kindly visit this link: www.visiondirect.com.au/premium-lens

We look forward to receiving your order.

Best regards,

Vision Direct

It's nene again back to that $975 bvlgari glasses, I want it replaced but I was told it's discontinued!! Any help?

Nene asked on Jul 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi Nene, thank you for your question and our apologies for the late response.

I also regret to hear that the item you want has been discontinued. Can you send us a private message with your order number please? Or you can also send us an email to [email protected]

That's not true

Hi! Is the way wafarer sunglass that you sell 100% genuine one? Will you guys accept return if the size doesnot fit on me?

Joe asked on May 04, 2017

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the question!

Yes, our Ray-Ban sunglasses (and everything else on our site for that matter) are all 100% authentic. We work directly with the manufacturer and owner of Ray-Ban eyewear, Luxottica, to ensure this.

Our website www.visiondirect.com.au is also verified by Ray-Ban as an authorised dealer: https://www.ray-ban.com/usa/store-locator

In case the item you receive isn't suitable, we have a flexible 100 days return policy either for an exchange or full refund. More info can be found here: www.visiondirect.com.au/returns

Don't hesitate to give us a call, chat, or email if you have any further questions!

See all 32 questions about Vision Direct