Fast and no Fuss

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Not sure about all the bad reviews. Live in Sydney - ordered Dailies contact lenses on a Wednesday and receieved them on the Friday.
Quick and no fuss just the way I like it, will be using them again.

great service, quick delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

huge range of product, genuine product as far as I can tell, excellent phone service. have purchased three times since 2015 and everything has been good.

• 2 comments
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Buyer beware if you want to claim through your helath fund with this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Vision Direct advise that they will provide you with a receipt on delivery of your order, which you require to be able to claim with your Health Fund. They will immediately take your money from your account and advise that your receipt will be given once the item is shipped - however they do not do this. Their internal accounting systems will report that the item is not shipped (even though you will have the product). You will spend hours/days trying to gain a receipt from them with no resolution and remain out of pocket a few hundred dollars due to not being able to make an extras Health Fund Claim.

I made a number of calls to their customer service line with no resolution (their customer service is an overseas call centre who read from a standard script, are not helpful at all and instead tell you each time it will take them 24 hours before they can look into it but never do), I sent a number emails to VisionDirects contact listed email address with no response, and a number of messages through their facebook site with no response and with no resolution to providing me with this receipt.

Personally the small discount gained was not worth being $200 out of pocket by not being able to make a health fund claim and time and grief spent trying to gain a resolution. I should have read the reviews!!

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Customer. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us hasn't been perfect. An invoice will be available to be downloaded in the website on... read more »

Ben the order was shipped and received by myself a whe aho but your website still showed it as not being shipped and thus no receipt. If you read the post you will see that I spoke a number of time... read more »

Vision Direct Official

Dear Customer, Thank you for the information. We will look into this matter immediately. Kindly let us know your Order details. We sent you a private message and looking forward to your response.... read more »

Warranty may not be supported.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

I wanted to buy a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses and as others have commented they were about $100 cheaper from visiondirect. We checked with Maui Jim through one of their registered distributor and warranties if you buy from visiondirect are not supported. Just beware of this. It may not be worth the savings.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Customer, Your feedback is highly appreciated. We offer our own exclusive 24-Month warranty against all manufacturers' defects. If for any reason, customer needs help with the items we have ... read more »

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Poor customer service and errors in transferring script details

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

I went to this business because it seemed I would save about $70 as opposed to getting them done locally with BUPA.
Firstly, the business is NOT based in Australia, it is in Hong Kong.
Secondly, the customer service was very surly and unfriendly. I rang there line as they had entered most of the details of my prescription incorrectly. I counted 6 mistakes by them, and when I told the guy 'James' on the phone he said "well that's why you have to check this before we go ahead". 6 Mistakes?
Well it seems like the person who did that job at Vision Direct is the one who needs the glasses!
Further calls were needed as the details were again not entered correctly.
And when they were still incorrect the third time, I cancelled.

Customer service on the phone is either non-existent or rude.

I thought I was being clever and was going to save a few bucks but instead wasted so much time on this I would have saved nothing.
Why bother giving your money to O/S online companies that leave you worried and annoyed?
SHOP LOCAL.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Mark, Thank you for your feedback. We are a global company and we ship eyewear globally. It is odd that you experience rudeness from our Customer Service Representative as we always make ... read more »

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Grey Imports from China!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

I decided to try Vision Direct and bought a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses, here are some points to consider before purchasing from them!

1. The web site is in Australian Dollars however my funds were converted and sent offshore, as a result my bank charged a currency conversion fee for this purchase, surprisingly no GST was charged!

2. The web site states that if items are in stock they will be shipped the same day if order is received before 2pm, mine showed as being in stock but took 3 days to ship not from Australia but Hong Kong where I personally believe all their stock is warehoused.

3. My item shipped with DPEX couriers and once it landed in Australia, it was given to Toll couriers who will not deliver to an Australian Post office which is the delivery address I nominated on my order.

4. There is no local contact number for Vision Direct only an 1800 number which diverts to an offshore call center whose staff provided incorrect information on two occasions, once advising the glasses were in stock in Sydney and secondly I was told the item would be handed to Australia Post for local delivery.

5. Returns and Warranty issues could be a major problem considering the glasses would need to be returned to the supplier at point of origin being Vision 360 in Hong Kong!

6. There is always a concern with fake replica glasses being sold online however the glasses I received from Vision Direct appear to be authentic so that’s one positive!

No, I wouldn’t buy from them again because I prefer to buy within Australia and not grey imports. I could have bought the same authentic item slightly cheaper with far less time delay and frustration from either a reputable e-bay seller or an online frame seller who I know are an Australian businesses located in Australia.

I didn’t like that the prices were in AUD$ but I had to pay a currency conversion fee to my bank plus the origin of their stock being China is not disclosed in their web site, it looks misleading!

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Tony, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I understand that you are in doubt about the authenticity of the item you received. All our items are 100% authentic and brand new. We source all o... read more »

DOH, seriously did they even read my review, I think NOT and this is simply a generic response, typical for this company and doesnt it speak volumes about their customer service. My review clearly ... read more »

Vision Direct Official

Dear Tony, Thank you for your response. Our apology for failing to address your concern on our initial response. First, we are sorry for the confusion. The prices in VD website are all in AUD an... read more »

Adelaide, SA

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Go to OPSM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

Ordered on 20/11 my daughter a pair of prescription glasses as they were cheaper than going to OPSM. What a BIG MISTAKE that was.
1. I would of had the glasses within a week if i went to OPSM
2. I have no idea if or when im going to receive these glasses as they are still in Hong Kong submitting parcel data on a daily basis.
3. Tracking is the worst and i dont know exactly where these glasses are or why they seem stuck at the Hong Kong airport for the past 5days.
4. This isnt even an Australian company so by law they should have to remove the com.au, as it would appear to be fraudulent to state there from this country when there not.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Julie, We are sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your order. The processing time for the glasses varies depending on its availability and the waiting time is stated on the website.... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Still Waiting for the email.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

I have applied for a refund, which was approved, and that's a good thing. The bad thing is what happened next.

I posted the frame back at my expense, it arrived the next day and was collected on 07 Dec.
one week later, I am still waiting for my refund. Contacted both on the website and through email, they promised to email me for confirmation, never received any email.

So, will VisionDirect honour its refund policy or do I have to make a case to fair trading?

PS: Received refund on 13/12/2018.

PS: this is what the website says about the refund:
"
Have you received my return?
As soon as the return is received we’ll inform you via email.

If you feel it has been longer than you'd expect then please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Customer, Our apology for the delay in receiving your refund. Kindly reply the private message we sent with your Order Details so we can check what is causing the holdup. We always make sur... read more »

Worst products and service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

Received my sunglasses after trying them on they immediately slipped off my face. After further inspection I noticed that the arms were bent and also the glasses had scratches all over them !! They had send me an old used pair. Called to their customer service team and dealt with a rude SR called “[name removed]”. Please put your money elsewhere.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Tasha, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is an exemptional case as we always make sure to have the item checked on our Quality control screening prior to shipment. We will ... read more »

Cairns

• 2 helpful votes

Lessons learned

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

TLDR at bottom.

I searched google for online sunglasses Australia. Behold Vision Direct is what gets displayed. Prices seemed pretty good, on average $100 cheaper than in a retail store, which make sense as they wouldn’t have the same overheads attached.

At no point leading up to the purchase did I suspect they weren’t in Australia (foolishly I didn’t even look them up - if I had I would have avoided them entirely) I was shocked when the shipping information came through from Hong Kong.

Now, I have purchased many things from China/HK stores. However, they typically don’t parade as an Australian store and you know where you are buying from. I quickly looked them up and then entered the facepalm as there was a significant chance I ordered fakes.

The anxiety of the purchase didn’t subside as the package arrived, albeit quite fast. The Prada box had damage to the corners, possibly during shipping. The sunglass case was covered in fingerprints and smudges, the manuals were haphazardly spread through the box, there wasn’t a genuine Prada cleaning cloth, only some small generic grey thing, and the glasses themselves which have a rubber like frame gave off a god awful toxic new rubber smell (the genuine ones I tried in the store do not have this, which indicates a knock of substance/ quality control).

The serial numbers on the box do match that on the glasses arms - for now, the white print they used to print on the arms has started to wear off ( have only had them 2ish weeks now). There is the Prada logo etched into the lens which genuine ones do, it does not have the serial number etched into the lens - genuine ones from what I’ve seen also have this.

Why don’t I email them and complain? Read the reviews before mine, this seems to be a nightmare experience on it own and I don’t have time to deal with the tomfoolery. Hence why I am giving 3/5 stars because I haven’t contacted them to rectify the issues as I honestly don’t expect they would from all I have read on similar people’s issues. So all I can do is forewarn others from a possible mistake. I’ve accepted mine and notched it down as a learning experience.

TLDR
Quality counterfeits, but still has the same tell tale red flags most do. Will they last? They feel quality enough and still comfortable enough like the genuine pair. Just leaves a little salty taste in your mouth. That said some people do actually get genuine pairs, which leaves this really confusing cloud over this business. I think I’ll just pay the premium from the storefront to be safe from now on.

Regards.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Customer, We regret to hear that you are not happy with the item you received. I would like to confirm that all our items are 100% authentic and brand new. For the issues you have mentioned,... read more »

Verified Customer

Do not waste your money, misleading

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

0, i can't see out of them and my delivery went to a chemist for pick up and not my phone address. I took the day off work and they didn't arrive. I ordered them on line after a car accident as they were damaged and i couldn't get an invoice until they were shipped. I called and asked them to please email me something for my insurance company and was told by their agent, they can't because people order glasses then cancel to get money from their insurance companies. This was outrages given they immediately took out the money from my pay pal, so i wasn't trying to be dishonest. I paid for them in full. Then when it came to delivery i requested the item be sent ti my home between 7am-1pm, the glasses were delivered to a chemist afew suburbs away. I called and was told i had to go and collect them my self. I did and not only is the frame scratched i can't see out of them. It's as though its a different script. I have called customer service and not only can i not understand them, they are unable to offer me a solution. Safe your time and money folks. Buy else where.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Hi Marissa, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us hasn't been perfect. Kindly reply to our Private message with your Order details so we c... read more »

Excellent quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I bought some versace eyeglassess from vision direct , they came within 2 weeks , Excellent quality and style
I definitely recommend them to others and if you have any questions vision direct staff are super polite and very efficient

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Still waiting, returned frames so that new ultra thin lenses be fitted yet I receive emails informin

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Customer Service staff are on auto pilot. Nobody actually reads your email and responds accordingly.
I have asked on numerous occasions about the status of the lenses after returning my frames so that extra thin LENSES be fitted. I receive replies stating that my glasses are currently out of stock. Do we need to say more? Appalling. I cannot wait to just receive my frames with the prescription lenses and never ever have anything to do with Visiondirect.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Nina, The lack of communication you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our company. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused. We will get in touch wi... read more »

The reviews?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Not sure if all the negative reviews aren’t legit or they are accidents because my purchase went really smoothly. Bought some sunglasses and checked out with PayPal. Received and viewed an email sent by DHL telling me the details of the delivery to make sure it was coming to my house. The email said it would arrive in 3 days (which surprised me a lot concidering it was international free shipping from Hong Kong). And it straight up arrived in a box after 3 days. Super legit looking pair of superdry glasses with the clothbag and everything.
I was really concerned after purchase because I saw the negative reviews after I bought the glasses but now I am just relieved and happy with the entire thing :). Maybe I just got lucky?? My advice is don’t buy anything super expensive off a website you don’t 100% trust and use PayPal- my sunnies were only like ~$70 and I made sure the correct amount was taken from my account.

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

The glasses I ordered came from Hong Kong with irremovable smudges and scratches on the lenses. It took a month from when I notified them to getting my refund. They were sending one email per day no matter how fast I replied with useless questions, the whole thing could've taken a week. So I give them another chance and ordered a more expensive pair. Another month later it comes in poor condition again. They clearly have not bothered to train their staff in Hong Kong on the importance of customer satisfaction. I will be replacing the lenses at OPSM and advice others to not order glasses online, it's not worth the cheaper cost.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Alex, First, our apology for receiving an item with quality issues. This is not the service we expect you to received. Note that we have several Shipping locations around the world. We ... read more »

I wish I had read these reviews before I ordered

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Ordered pair of glasses as a birthday gift for my son.
5 days after taking my money I received an email telling me that they were on back order and I could have to wait up 4 weeks.
I called today to check on progress and was told that I had two option, Wait or Cancel.
In addition to this I was told by the call centre that after waiting 4 weeks the answer could be that they aren't available at all.
A very disappointing experience and I wish I had read these reviews before I ordered.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Customer, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us hasn't been perfect. We are doing our best to fulfill each order however, the availability of... read more »

I've been stitched up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Wish i had read these reviews before making a purchase from vision direct. I have just experienced the same scenario as Brie. I am now waiting for a refund that i fear will never come. $202 lost! I feared something was dodgy when the email from their customer service asked for photo of my drivers license or my passport, not a standard request. This is only the second time i have purchased anything online and this is the reason i was hesitant to do so as people rip you off. I worked hard for that $200 and thought I'd treat myself to a nice pair of Versace sunglasses for Christmas. It's very sad that people take advantage of others in this way.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Nathan, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your refund. We are a legit company and we do not keep customer's payment if the order is canceled. ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Extremely poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

Avoid this company at all costs!
After first finding that prices in the cart & checkout where different to on line - i was assured this would be refunded - i was the informed that i need to provide my passport or drivers licence as my credit card was "flagged" - i use my car all over the web no problem. Ten I see this * Australian * company has charged my credit card (pending) from the Netherlands - who is dodgy!?!
No way I am giving my ID. Have cancelled the order and am waiting to see that charge or almost $300 refunded...

If I had read here first I would have steered well clear...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Brie, Thank you for your feedback. We understand that your experience your experience with us hasn't been perfect. We are sorry for failing to provide you with the service you expected. We... read more »

Sent me fakes!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

This company is fraudulent, do not purchase from them! Recently made a purchase from their online retailer and my experience was horrible. The delivery took forever to arrive (shipped from Hong Kong) and on arrival the sunglasses are obvious fakes! I have payed $250 to this company and have yet to receive a reply from their customer service team. This company cannot treat customers like this or they will be liable for legal action against them. The site states that the company “guarantees” the authenticity of its products. It appears not.

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear Mitch, It is sad to hear that you are not happy with the item you receive from us. All our items are 100% authentic and brand new. We are a reputable online company and we’ve been in busine... read more »

Pathetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Terrible service, plenty of emails to disguise how much they're on top of things, but their online purchasing process did not work and as the operator said it hadn't properly on many browsers for a long time. Manual payment process a nightmare, a 2 day process for one transaction in my case. Upon order, 7 emails to rectify issue surrounding their ability to recognise my prescription details. Thought they'd sorted it out when i received an email saying my order had been shipped - looked at the details and realised the prescription had not been updated. Bitchy phone service making me sound like it my was problem that she had to recall the product for correct lenses. I'm a patient guy but jeez - few communication issues at VD

Comments
Vision Direct Official

Dear David, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us hasn't been perfect. Please send me your Order Details and I will look into this mat... read more »

1 of 112 pages

Hello, I am looking for buying a pair of prescription glasses; Cezal brad. I found it’s a bit cheaper but I saw all negative feedbacks. Any positive response here or any advice that I can build up confident to buy a pair or give up?.

Nom asked on Jan 01, 2019

Answer this

My daughters prescription glasses took 1month from date of order to being delivered. If you aren't in a rush and have 2-4weeks to wait for glasses then i would recommend it. My daughter hasnt had any issues with them yet. I cant review on the lenses as my daughter has only had them since the 27th Dec 2018, no scratches so far and lenses look a bit thicker than usual kids OPSM ones i would get. Dont forget to search for coupon codes on google and try a few different sites cos thats how i saved extra $$$.

I have just placed an order with vision direct and after reading all the reviews, it doesn't give me great comfort knowing most of these people have had a terrible or poor experience. I'm all for giving the site a chance, however it does lack little detail on shipping. Where are the products shipped from? How long does it take to ship to Sydney, Australia? Will I actually receive my order?

absoluutely asked on Nov 19, 2018

Dear Customer,

We understand that you have read negative reviews online. Note that like big companies delays and mistakes happen however these are an exceptional situation and very rare with us. We are committed in providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction possible. If you will check on our positive reviews, you will see that our customers are happy and satisfied with our Services and products.

Note that we have several Shipping locations around the world. We shipped your product from one of these locations depending on where the product is sourced. Our goal is to get the product to you as fast and as efficiently as possible.

Let us know your Order Details, we will check your order and provide you with more information.

Best regards,

Ben
VisionDirect

Do you have international shipping?

Richie Ramos asked on Oct 21, 2018

Hi,

Yes, we do ship globally. We have several Shipping locations around the world. We shipped your product from one of these locations depending on where the product is sourced. Our goal is to get the product to you as fast and as efficiently as possible.

If you require further assistance kindly let me know and I am more than happy to assist you.

Best regards,