Warehouse1 is no longer trading/available.

Verified Customer

Refunds are available for those of you who have been scammed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

I ordered a projector lamp in February paying by credit card, researched the company and saw that Ebay had it as a "Preferred Seller". Their reviews looked legitimate and very positive. Within 2 weeks of ordering, they informed me by email that my product wasn't available and would be refunded, but to not contact them as it usually takes at least 7 days. I tried unsuccessfully to email with no response. I contacted Ebay with my concerns and noticed that the company had fraudulently given me emailed feedback that was at least a couple of years old. The buyers and reviews seemed all over the place, with more negative responses than were initially indicated. I reported them to ACORN which is the Australian Cyber Network group who look into fraudulent transactions and businesses on the internet. Shortly after I looked up the company name to find that it no longer was trading. It apparently should have ceased trading in February, but continued till March. We eventually found the company was insolvent and contacted the Insolvency company. The company is known under several names and owes approx $4million to thousands of customers. The likelihood of getting our money back is slim so they suggested going through our Bank. Suncorp Bank has a form for "unreceived goods" which enables you to get a refund of your money. Other Banks should have a similar form. The anger of being duped by Warehouse One is lessened only slightly knowing that the money can be returned.

Australia

• 2 helpful votes

Liquidation - Unable to provide goods

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

This company is in liquidation, the specifics can be found at https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/Warehouse1-Pty-Ltd-In-Liquidation-167027312/a3157d73-fdf1-4ad9-94a2-451f3d73d43b?appointment=All&noticepurpose=All&noticestate=All&companyname=Warehouse1. I placed a large order and paid, but never received the goods. I was advised that they were “out of stock” and I would get a refund.....never happened.

I contacted the liquidator and was advised they are trying to auction the goods seized, however much of it is secured. Therefore any unsecured creditors need to wait. They advised if you paid with a credit card to contact the card issuer and lodge a disputed transaction. I did this and was relieved my Bank indicated they would cover my costs (TBC if they pay!). I would suggest others who used a credit card follow the same path and see what they can get.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Scammers and Rip off artists

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

Paid for 2 items a mother board and ram. Paid them $484.85. Now they are bankrupt. My money is gone forever. I have contacted the liquidators. Mad as hell.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Horsham

Another rip off ? False Advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Paid for a Hard Drive on Feb 2 from IT Madness (Warehouse 1) which was supposedly in stock but never arrived. Emailed them Feb 13 asking for an ETA - received email same day saying "We've requested an update from our warehouse... Later rang them (as there was no contact) to be told out no stock available and would have to be refunded. Feb 19 received email advice saying "Your order is now in a list to be refunded by our accounts, it will not be forgotten or missed ..." Nothing further ever heard from them. Have sent another email Mar 3 but now not expecting any contact. How could they keep selling on websites when they do not have stock ? Dishonest and I'd have thought illegal too. Very, very disappointed.

• 1 question
Private message

Rubbish - wish they had said they were going bust before taking my money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Paid for a graphics card which never arrived. Questioned by email 2 weeks later and received automated response that a refund would be given but don’t contact them! Phhht!! As if we’ll ever see that money again!
Unbelievable thieves - scammed their eBay rating and hid poor reviews until they went into liquidation.

Newcastle

Verified Customer

PAID $8000.00 Never received goods, now won't refund!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

Purchased nearly $8000.00 worth of products for a work project, they never supplied the goods, kept saying they were on back order. Sourced goods elsewhere. Now will not answer communication about refunding the money and their number is disconnected. What is everyone else doing to get their money back?

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer

Report your experience to the ACCC. Contemptuous, dishonest company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

Report your experience at ACCC: https://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-accc/report-a-consumer-issue. For those thinking of doing business with Warehouse1, ignore all of these poor reviews at your peril. If you order from this dishonest, contemptuous company, you might as well start writing your own negative review now and prepare for a lot of time wasted, as in all likelihood you'll end up with the same bad experience. My own experience is like others: Ordered a product marked "in stock" on 29 Jan from ifto.com.au (a sub-brand of Warehouse1). I followed up by email 3 times in as many weeks - no response. I got through on the phone on 19 Jan, and they guy I spoke to said "sorry, there's no stock" and agreed to a refund. Over a week later and a month after the order, still no refund. That the management of this company can think that their source of revenue, their customers, can be treated with such contempt is mind boggling.

Comments

Update: I guess management have learned that they indeed can not treat their customers with such contempt... Warehouse1 has called in the liquidators. I guess we won't be getting our money back. ... read more »

Dreadful - gone bankrupt??

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

Ordered monitor which showed as in stock, paid straight away. Not delivered and despite every possible attempt to contact them, they still haven't responded to me. Bought elsewhere, trying to get a refund.

Verified Customer

They just want your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

After confirming stock availability, I ordered and paid. Two weeks later, they notified me that the item was no longer available and offered a swap. I declined and asked for a refund. One month later, no refund has arrived despite multiple assurances.

Very flakey operation - and they have multiple web sites

Truly shocking service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

Very quick to take my money. A day later I get an email to say I'm being refunded with no explanation. It's now been two weeks and I've had to file a complaint with my bank to get the funds back. This company is a scam.

Verified Customer

Poor Service. Poor Product. Avoid.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

Bought a slide scanner through eBay from this company. Took ages to arrive and was dead on arrival. Company grudgingly agreed to accept a return and sent a return label for return via AusPost. Returned it. Now the company insists it never arrived and has refused to refund the money. EBay also has given up. Avoid this company.

Absolutely disasterous - order never delivered, refund not processed yet (almost 50 days after order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

I placed an order for 3 HP laptops on the 8th Jan 2018

After being told each week for almost four weeks that “the HP laptops would be shipped the next week”, I requested a full refund from Warehouse1 for the HP laptops which were never shipped.

I called to request the refund on the 31st January which they failed to process in their system.

I called back on the 6th February to find out why the status of the order had not yet been set to waiting for refund – they then processed this in their system.

It is now 17 days later (13 working days) since the change in order status to "waiting for refund" and I have not yet received the refund.

I just called AMEX to dispute the transaction, so I'm looking forward to them getting my money back on my behalf and never having to deal with this vendor ever again.

Product not delivered no refund yet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

Ordered an expensive computer monitor - I spoke to [name removed] to ask when it would be delivered he told me in the following week. I said that if it did not arrive I would have to cancel my order. It did not arrive but they sent me an email saying that my money would be refunded to my credit card in 7 days it was not. I can not get through to them on their phone it is always engaged. Have put in a dispute with Warehouse1 computers with my bank.

Do Not Buy From This Store!! They Are Terrible!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Ordered a monitor online. It showed "In Stock" when placing the order. I waited 16 days and was told they didn't have the item and didn't know when they will have it. I asked to cancel the order, and then received an email saying it might take up to 7 days to refund and telling me be patient. I was patient. Very patient. Too patient to be remembered by them. Now it has been 14 days since the cancellation of order and no refund, no reason given. The customer service is a joke, and they kept lying to me. This is the worst online shopping experience I ever had. How come a company like this hasn't gone insolvent? Do Not Buy From Them!!!

No delivery, no refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Don't deal with this organisation. I placed an on-line order for a WD NAS for $645. After no response in 5 days (other than to charge my credit card) I called Warehouse1 and spoke to [name removed]. I was told the goods were due for shipment that day and that I would receive an email overnight. That didn't happen, so I called the next day. I was told the same again and, again, nothing happened.
I called for a 3rd time and threatened to cancel order and post a bad review. [name removed] undertook to investigate to get back to me and he did. He emailed and said that the goods were on back order. I asked him to cancel the order. I then received an email confirming cancellation and saying that it would take 7 days to process the refund.
It is now 15 days and no refund. There is no answer on the Warehouse1 phone. I wouldn't be surprised if they have gone belly-up with such poor performance. I rang the credit card company and disputed the original charge.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Unacceptable customer service experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Wow. What a woeful customer service experience.

I purchased products which took over 3 weeks to be delivered, was given minimal communication - in fact, I had to call up multiple times just to get the order processed. There following, they refunded the order by error, and then asked for the refund back and threatened me when I didn't accept I should have to pay for their error (e.g. additional bank fees and charges from the refund).

No Stock

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Ordered 4x SATA Drives plus some SATA cables.
Waited 14 days for items to be delivered.
Only cables arrived.
Contacted sales who informed me that there was no stock and they couldn't supply a ETA on the drives.
Still showing IN STOCK on their website.
Now have to wait 7 days for my refund...
Seems like a common theme.

Comments

I have reported their behaviour to https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/ and encourage others to do the same

Pascoe Vale, VIC

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

I wish I had checked here first

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Bought off their ebay page. Weeks later they claim it was lost by auspost despite no scans on the tracking, so Auspost received nothing from them. Then they claim the item is now out of stock and they will have their supplier send it straight to me. Weeks later still nothing and they are not responding to messages. Stay clear of these thieves.

Complete utter trash.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Had a $1k order with them, waited 3 weeks with no tracking number or even a update on my order to say it was paid. after leaving multiple mails and waiting in live chat queue for 4+hrs at a time to not even get served, threatened ACCC action and they responded and said would chase it up but never did. Finally got connected in live chat, for them to discover the items purchased were on back order and i would get a complete refund. waited 3 weeks for something they could have told me at day 1

Waited 10 Days from Order, Called to find out they don't have in stock.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

First time customer totally screwed over. Waited 10 days. Called to find out where printer was only to find out they do not have the printer in stock. Oh and we will refund your money on Monday. No solution offered just here is your money back. Will never use this company again. Have totally wasted my time.

1 of 18 pages

Is there a reason why no-one has contacted Fair Trade Vic or the Police. I am sure this is fraudulent business practice? That will be my next step, surely if we have all had this experience there is a case to be answered? I also know with my dealings with this company that they have multiple websites under different names, that are all ultimately under the same company and are advertising the same products for different prices. Something needs to be done about this!

Kyliev asked on Feb 21, 2017

Answer this

You're absolutely correct. It likely is fraudulent business practice. A lot of people have reported them (myself included) but both the ACCC and Consumer Affairs Vic have informed me that they only investigate/intervene when they have received a very high number of similar reports about the same business. I'd say that either not enough people are reporting them or perhaps they have been investigated but it hasn't been made public.

I strongly recommend anyone who has has issues with this business to make a report to both these agencies.

Please supply the contact details for the agencies, and the case numbers for easy reference. I would like to add my complaint to the growing list and take these a55-clowns down.

Cheers,
Paul

I think that their poor practices have now caught up with them. The market has spoken, and they are now in liquidation. Hopefully there will also be an investigation by ASIC or Fair Trading to determine if there was any fraudulent activity or insolvent trading.

what should I mention when I pay warehouse1 by ETF?

Yves asked on Aug 16, 2015

Answer this

Yves, I'm sorry, but, have you read the reviews about this company (?) You might want to do that before you do anything else.

You might then want to check-out other review sites to see if other customers feel the same way.

Along the way, you might find the name of a company that people give more positive reviews to.

You might then consider directing your EFT that way.

It's your call, but in my opinion you are asking completely the wrong question.

Thank you very much. I have never bought goods online in Australia before. After I had paid the money,I found that the company is a dumdumdum enterprise. I'm afraid of the money would pay fraud now.

Hi. I actually paid by EFT (and I'm talking a few thousand dollars) and my laptop arrived 3 days later. They gave me their bank details and you provide your purchase order number in the description. I did however have a few sleepless night worrying as the is little recourse when you pay using this method...However it was all good in the end for me.