Horrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

I ordered 2 printers which were seemed to be a great price on the 30th Dec. Had no communication with the company, I sent emails and they said they weren't aware of "this printer and they would have to get back to me".

I decided to call to no avail, it was then they advised that they were out of stock.

The next message was that they would provide a different print which I did not want, or I could have a refund.

I opted for a refund and was then sent this email:

From: Stephen Jones <sales@warehouse1.com.au>
Sent: 12 January 2018 11:36

Subject: Re: Your order W1190767 has been set to "WAITING to be REFUNDED" Please Read.

"Hi Laura,

As per the email you ave received this refund will be completed within 7 days, which is considered a reasonable time by Fair Trading Australia."

So in effect they didn't have the product, were not going to give me back my money, had to lodge a paypal case against them. I would most definitely not shop with them again.

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent pricing, minor issue sorted out brilliantly. Trustworthy service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I purchased an item from Warehouse1 recently, and got a fantastic price which was about 40% cheaper than the next cheapest shop. It was shipped very quickly, but was a minor hick-up with delivery. However, the way they sorted it out was fantastic. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Liars and scumbags warehouse 1

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Like so many before, I got trapped by there low prices unfortunately I bought before reading the reviews of so many before me and are now in the same position as others told it was in stock and after a week and many phone calls the product is now not in stock and needs to sourced from the supplier... more lies.... DO NOT purchase anything from WAREHOUSE 1

Not recommended

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Their price was very competitive.
10 days then told no stock no wonder the price was very competitive no stock
I had to use every means available including consumer affairs and the fraud service of the Police to finally get refund. Awful

Buyer BEWARE!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Placed and order on the 21/12/17 for $3,200 worth of goods and was told items in stock and would ship in 24 hours. It is now the 4/12/18 and my order has not been processed, yet the money has been taken out of my account. After repeated calls requesting an ETA I was told "It's with our Warehouse team" and there is nothing we can do for you. Well excuse me, you have $3,200 of my money and there is a lot you can do. I requested a refund and was advised it will take up to 7 working days to process the refund as the warehouse needs to confirm the cancellation. Have contacted my bank to issue a charge back and have also reported to ACCC and department of fair trading. Be warned, do not buy from this company and don't be lured in on prices which are well below cost.

Terrible store, avoid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

Didn't ship item after a month, called them and they said they couldn't tell me when it would ship. I cancelled the order and requested a refund. One month later I still haven't got the refund. Keep trying to contact them and they are closed even though it's within their stated business hours/days. I have raised the issue with the ACCC.

Website a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

Be warned when ordering from this mob.
After ordering it was said to ship within the next day. A week later and still nothing
I started ringing up inquiring about the state of the order and it was said to be lost at the warehouse and promised to be shipped in the next day or so. This went on for the next 3 weeks and I probably rang them up 5 times, and never did I receive an update or notification unless I initiated it.
I finally requested for a refund in email and said was going to escalate it with the bank if I didn't hear from them again and they agreed to a refund which took 7 days.
The price may be cheap but I will not be dealing with these guys again and will be warning all my friends about them.

Brisbane

Do Not Deal With Warehouse1

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

I can honestly say that I have never been treated so poorly by a retailer / seller of goods. Over 2 weeks of trying to get an answer on where my monitor is, any now they say it will be about another 2 weeks. Wasted time of many phone calls, they say they will get back to you but never do. I have left my Credit card company to get my refund. Do Not Deal With Warehouse1, you will be disappointed if you do.

Private message

Terrible customer service from the so called manager

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

I never thought to check for reviews, I ordered a router and found it doesnt work, on taking it back in to the store the guy who owns the store was just rude and wouldnt help me or make a phone call that he says was needed to give me a replacement or refund! I had to leave the item there and i'm left waiting now, i feel the ACCC need to be called on this store and its goings on.

A terrible scam website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

After order a dell monitor they kept emailing me and demanding payment. We check our bank account and say that they money had already been taken out. My wife called customer service and they said they were still processing our order. A day later we continue to get emails saying "your order is outstanding". We had enough so we called customer service and they cancel it. Turns out they made two different accounts one of them which tried to get us to pay again. Hopefully we get our money back

Horrible - I should have sought reviews first

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

Swayed by the good price, and online chat telling me the product was in stock, I placed an order.

7 days later my order status remains blank. Online chat just keeps telling me the warehouse processing. Their phone lines are conveniently down. I've given up and requested to cancel and refund, but it sounds like I'll have to get my bank involved.

Shame I didn't go looking for review first. What a waste of time!

Perth

• 2 comments

Dishonest business

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

They are operating under the guise of a large Australian online retailer, which is how I got sucked in like so many others. Been waiting weeks for a product I paid for, and fed the usual nonsense.

They misrepresent their stock levels and sell items they do not have, and potentially cant even order.

They say they have warehouses everywhere, that's a lie.

They say "generally" 24h dispatch, completely disingenuous given how many people have waited weeks or even months for the items they need.

They have high shipping fees and call it fast shipping. Hilariously disingenuous.

Since they don't tell people they are drop shippers with no stock, they are grossly misrepresenting their business and I sincerely believe ACCC should step in.

BEWARE!!!!! If you DONT want your goods order from Warehouse 1

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Everybody that orders from this company obviously didn't read these reviews including myself. I never recieved my refund but i was able to get a charge back by my bank which this would be the reason why Wharehouse 1 use this tactic i would think. Dont deliver the goods then customer gets a refund from the bank.

Im assuming 100s of people have complained to accc, consumer affairs like myself yet this business is still trading. Im also amazed at the fact they have a physical presence in docklands. One day they will rip off the wrong people then who knows what would happen.

Keep up the pathetic work Warehouse 1!!

Verified Customer

Ordered good never arrived, refund took ages, terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Ordered computer parts, paid and goods never arrived. Customer service is absolutely terrible, useless and don't know what they are doing. One person doesn't talk to the other, processes are broken and it's a real pain to deal with this shop.
I would never ever buy there again, ever! Do not buy there, go somewhere else, spend $5 more and actually enjoy the buying experience!

Private message

Terrible Service - Do Not Use.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

I ordered eight switches 28 days ago, they still show that they have stock of both switches but are unable to ship. The chat on the web site is an automated bot, which just feeds out the same banal answers day after day, if you ring them you talk to a person, but it doe snot appear to make much difference.
Yes the prices they advertise are cheap, BUT the pric eis irrelevant once they have your money and you do not have the goods.
Terrible Service, I will never use them again

Springfield

• 4 helpful votes

I risked it unfortunately

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

Saw the bad reviews but thought I would risk the cheap price for 2x Seagate IRONWOLF HDD for my NAS. I received an email from seagate ironwolf membership within a week of ordering. After 4 weeks I finally received the delayed products and built my NAS. I was thrilled and relieved at the same time. I went through the process of setup but noticed the drives underperforming specs. My bad. When I double checked the drives they were standard Seagate Green HDD! Aargh! I contacted the office and still 3 weeks later haven't got the correct drives even though Seagate have subscribed me to their IRONWOLF PROGRAM. Makes you think what the supplier is doing? Aargh the pain. They have promised but have yet not delivered.

Private message

Waited over a month for my order!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I recently ordered 2 new Lenovo desktops. I am still waiting for my order over a month later.

They are cheap, terrible customer service and terrible at shipping.

DO NOT USE WAREHOUSE1

Private message

Very bad customer service and they don't care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Stay away from them, as far as you can.

Take the advice or you won't suppress the urge to write a review, later. Yes that bad!!

Summary of my experience:

Order, not in stock (was told stock will arrive in 7-10 days, when I send them an email 1 week after confirming the order), website showed 'in stock' all along (never updated even when I told them), cancel order, 12 days for refund.

Private message

Worst customer service ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Waited 3 weeks for the delivery but yet no response at all and was told lies that the item has been stocked which it didn't. Worst online shopping website ever. 10/10 will not purchase this crappy place ever again.

Brisbane

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

I bought a new notebook from Warehouse 1 - great price and even better service. Ordered the item on Wednesday afternoon and received it on Thursday morning - express courier. Staff are very well informed and easy to do business with. Thank you Warehouse 1.

1 of 16 pages

Is there a reason why no-one has contacted Fair Trade Vic or the Police. I am sure this is fraudulent business practice? That will be my next step, surely if we have all had this experience there is a case to be answered? I also know with my dealings with this company that they have multiple websites under different names, that are all ultimately under the same company and are advertising the same products for different prices. Something needs to be done about this!

Kyliev asked on Feb 21, 2017

Answer this

You're absolutely correct. It likely is fraudulent business practice. A lot of people have reported them (myself included) but both the ACCC and Consumer Affairs Vic have informed me that they only investigate/intervene when they have received a very high number of similar reports about the same business. I'd say that either not enough people are reporting them or perhaps they have been investigated but it hasn't been made public.

I strongly recommend anyone who has has issues with this business to make a report to both these agencies.

Rang to ask if 4 x HP 400 ProDesk G2 in stock, told yes, order & paid $2200+ on 7/2/17. Had to send email from 'work' account as we use gmail account for suppliers. Ask every day since 8/2/17 when are they going to be dispatching 4 x PCs. Told by Stephen Jones today sending tomorrow (Thur.) Should we get a charge back from credit card company ?

SAS asked on Feb 15, 2017

what should I mention when I pay warehouse1 by ETF?

Yves asked on Aug 16, 2015

Answer this

Yves, I'm sorry, but, have you read the reviews about this company (?) You might want to do that before you do anything else.

You might then want to check-out other review sites to see if other customers feel the same way.

Along the way, you might find the name of a company that people give more positive reviews to.

You might then consider directing your EFT that way.

It's your call, but in my opinion you are asking completely the wrong question.

Thank you very much. I have never bought goods online in Australia before. After I had paid the money,I found that the company is a dumdumdum enterprise. I'm afraid of the money would pay fraud now.

Hi. I actually paid by EFT (and I'm talking a few thousand dollars) and my laptop arrived 3 days later. They gave me their bank details and you provide your purchase order number in the description. I did however have a few sleepless night worrying as the is little recourse when you pay using this method...However it was all good in the end for me.