1Cover Already Overseas Insurance

Well priced with having a pre-existing medical condition

Well priced with having a pre-existing medical condition.
First time and will use again.
Very easy to navigate and get a quote and them submit to an order.
Thankfully I didn't have to use while away.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim MadeNo
Happy to hear that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It means so much when we hear a customer tell us how happy they are with our service & pricing. Thank you for choosing 1Cover and for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. Thanks Sophie

Best price for great coverage

1Cover Insurance is great because it is by far the least expensive, provides great medical coverage, is easy to obtain, and it is also available to purchase even when you are already overseas.

Insurance claim madeNo

Never Ever Again!!! Do Not Go Here!!!

I put a claim in took 18 working days too pay & it was a simple Small claim for bronchitis..They say they sort most claims in 10 days.Rubbish.I got asked 3 times to provide bank details which is a Standard question on there form.Furthermore they cancelled my policy because i travelled home to see a Dying Uncle who just passed away".Before i left" I asked there claims staff that i needed to speak urgently to sales staff about this on multiple occasions.(As i wouldnt have left if i knew i couldnt upgrade my policy)I Was told they would contact me asap.& never did! Basically they lied! I wouldnt give this company a point 1 out of 10.The service i recieved is WELL BELLOW any insurance company i've used before."STAY AWAY"!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi there, I am very sorry to hear you are not happy with the customer service you have received. I have escalated your claim and we will be in touch as soon as possible with a resolution to this. Please let me pass on my condolences for the loss of your uncle from myself and the entire 1Cover team. Kind regards, Dorian at 1Cover.

absolutely terrible

do not go with this insurance company. they will try to do everything to not pay out your claim. they never check there emails or call you back. my claim has been going for 3 months now and they haven't done anything in weeks. i have sent over 200 emails in 3 months and they haven't done anything. Lazy, unprofessional. There standard reply rate is 10 working days, which is also terrible. I WARN YOU STAY AWAY FROM THIS INSURER.
I had all my luggage and a sum of money take from me at knife point in serbia. I have tried erything I can to get them to assist and speed up the process. Unfortunately it's been 3 months and nothing has happened. I have now sent it off to the ombudsman and they can deal with it. On top of this I am preparing a lawyer in Sydney to deal with them from now on. They basically left me stranded for 3 months, dragging me through 1000 hurdles and constantly asking for the same information over and over again. I supplied them with all the proof they need and yet they still won't pay. They will do anything not to pay out a claim, they will drag you to hell and back. Not only do they lie to you but they step outside the laws that govern these insurance companies. They ask for bank statement over 5 emails and each time listed a different reason as to why they need it. When I told them I am not comfortable providing my bank details but I have already sent them numerous receipts and everything is backed up. I gave them every piece of information they needed apart from this bank statement and then I was told we cannot process your claim without it. Yet they have all receipts!!!!!!
On top of this it takes them so long to reply to an email, you Rarely get through to their staff. I spend over $300 aud on phone calls on Skype to wait on hold for 50 mins and then sure enough they wouldn't answer. It has been the worst experience yet. They told me they would send an investigator to go over my claim (4th time they have interviewed me)
I had to wait 4 weeks to see him. They I finally did and it's now been another 4 weeks since that point and nothing has happened. I email them 6 times a day now and then they reply at 4:59 pm and say our processing time is 10 business days we will contact you if we need more information.
I gave them flight details, receipts for everything, I had to give them details on where I stayed my whole trip, they harassed my friends constantly trying to get information from them but yet they had nothing to do with the incident. It's just all delay tactics in the hope I give up. Well I have handed it off now to the ombudsman....funny thing is once I sent them that information, thy replied straight away. What an absolute joke. Fed up and sick of dealing with these people.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Benjamin, Firstly I am so sorry to hear of the incident in Serbia where you were robbed at knife point. Secondly I apologise for the difficulties you've had in making this claim and getting assistance from Allianz Global Assistance, our underwriter. I am currently following up with them now to get more details on why this case has taken so long to investigate. I will do everything I can to assist you in getting this matter resolved. Regards, Mel at 1Cover. communications@1cover.com.au I would appreciate that a lot. I feel it's too late now for redemption but would appreciate your efforts thanks Hi Benjamin, Just an update - nothing further is required from you to process the claim and the claim will be assessed by the end of the week. Because this claim is for such a high amount and because it is such a complex case Allianz have had to conduct a in-depth investigation. The have said you have sent 55 since the claim begun with the investigations team and you have always been responded to in a timely manner with over 20 emails being sent to you since the 19th June. They have said have not been able to speak to either of the two friends that they requested to speak to as the were not provided the phone number of one and the other person had connectivity issues so they did not pursue (only via email). Someone from the claims team will be in contact by the end of the week for in regards to the result. I hope this helps explain the issues more. Regards, Mel at 1Cover.

Great efficient service

Though we didn't make a claim so cannot vouch for the customer service team, the online portal is amazing to use. We were travelling around the world and first stop was our wedding in Bali, we completely forgot to book insurance beforehand however 1Cover allowed us to book our travel insurance once we had already started travelling.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Daniele, Thanks for sharing your feedback. We really appreciate it. Happy and safe travels. Regards, Mel at 1Cover.

See all 1Cover Travel Insurance reviews