1Cover Already Overseas Insurance

1Cover Already Overseas Insurance

Peace of mind knowing that we were covered 9f anything happened while overseas

I felt the policy was good value, and this was the 1st time we have used 1cover but it certainly won't be the last... I really liked how we were sent an email to extend our policy, if we extended our trip for any reason

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

RobertH

RobertHSouthwest, VIC

The insurance covered everything that I needed

The whole process from start to finish was very easy and pleasing to manage, I was able to navigate the website very clearly and the whole process was seamless and worthwhile

DestinationNew Zealand

Kathy

KathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Think Twice

Have used One Cover Travel Insurance for several years. The first time we have ever made a claim for cancelled accommodation only to be declined as stated in a "clause" that absolves them from paying! Isn't this the point of insurance? Very disappointing.

DestinationEurope
Claim ApprovedNo
Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy online application

My son was travelling overseas and his insurance ran out. I was able to take out a policy with 1Cover from Australia, plus renew it when my son extended his trip again, plus add extra countries, all with the touch of a button online. I also feel the policy was pretty good value, and thankfully we didn't have to make a claim.

DestinationEurope

We always use 1 Cover and they have been professional and responsive

My wife and I were offloaded from a cruise ship in Busan South Korea after I injured my back. 1 Cover were extremely supportive for my wife and I and assisted us in our return to Australia. I was impressed with the contact from the company as well as with the responsiveness for the settlements. I have no hesitation in recommending their services. We will continue to use them for our Domestic and Overseas travel.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Great service highly recommended

Have used this travel insurance before and got great service both times will use again when I next travel in the next couple of years plus phone calls offer great service also

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Myra, thanks for your great review! It's amazing amazing to hear from satisfied customers. We look forward to covering you again in the future! Kind Regards, Sophie, Customer Service

Henk Bruins

Henk BruinsKimberley, WA

Well we did not need to resort to our travel insurance

What I personally like about your insurance that it recognises the importance of cardiac ablation and the reduced risk of arterial fibrillation after this procedure. Well done guys! Awesome! This is so important to be understood.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

AndrewW

AndrewWSydney, NSW

Well priced with having a pre-existing medical condition

Well priced with having a pre-existing medical condition.
First time and will use again.
Very easy to navigate and get a quote and them submit to an order.
Thankfully I didn't have to use while away.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Vicki S.

Vicki S.Melbourne, Victoria

They take trouble to amend a problem

Review amended from 1 to 5 stars after they rectified a problem I had not receiving a promotional voucher. I now have confidence they will step up to the mark in the event of a claim.
UPDATE: I did in fact need to see a doctor during my trip (cost was $400US!). 1Cover paid without any problems.
Note: print out your 1Cover policy/details and include it with your travel paperwork as if you need to see a doctor overseas, they will request to see it. I had to ask 1Cover to email me my copy, which they did.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
John F Davis

John F DavisMelbourne

Best price for great coverage

1Cover Insurance is great because it is by far the least expensive, provides great medical coverage, is easy to obtain, and it is also available to purchase even when you are already overseas.

Insurance claim madeNo

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Never Ever Again!!! Do Not Go Here!!!

I put a claim in took 18 working days too pay & it was a simple Small claim for bronchitis..They say they sort most claims in 10 days.Rubbish.I got asked 3 times to provide bank details which is a Standard question on there form.Furthermore they cancelled my policy because i travelled home to see a Dying Uncle who just passed away".Before i left" I asked there claims staff that i needed to speak urgently to sales staff about this on multiple occasions.(As i wouldnt have left if i knew i couldnt upgrade my policy)I Was told they would contact me asap.& never did! Basically they lied! I wouldnt give this company a point 1 out of 10.The service i recieved is WELL BELLOW any insurance company i've used before."STAY AWAY"!

Andrew C.1Cover

absolutely terrible

1Cover T.1Cover

I would appreciate that a lot. I feel it's too late now for redemption but would appreciate your efforts thanks

Daniele Richter

Daniele Richter

Great efficient service

Though we didn't make a claim so cannot vouch for the customer service team, the online portal is amazing to use. We were travelling around the world and first stop was our wedding in Bali, we completely forgot to book insurance beforehand however 1Cover allowed us to book our travel insurance once we had already started travelling.

Insurance claim madeNo
1Cover T.1Cover

Hi Daniele, Thanks for sharing your feedback. We really appreciate it. Happy and safe travels. Regards, Mel at 1Cover.

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Really fair and quick to respond

I was snowboarding in Japan and broke my leg from losing control on the course and running into a tree hahaha. I was taken to hospital and had surgery immediately. The next day I called 1cover to see if I was covered and after providing all relevant documents, I was covered for all medical costs with no worries.

1Cover T.1Cover

Hi Corey, Sorry to hear about your snowboarding accident, we hope you have made a full recovery. Thanks for sharing your review. Regards, Mel at 1Cover.

See all 1Cover Travel Insurance reviews

Michelle

Michelleasked

Already over seas can i get insurance now?

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Michelle! If you are currently overseas, the only policy we can offer is the Already Overseas policy. The Already Overseas cover is appropriate for Australia residents who are already overseas and need travel insurance cover because they have either forgotten to purchase before they left Australia or, their existing travel insurance policy has expired.

Please read our conditions of purchase carefully. We can only provide cover provided that you satisfy the following conditions at the time of purchase:

- You are aged 64 or under; and
- You have a permanent residential address in Australia and will be returning to resume residence in Australia at the end of your journey; and
- You intend to return to Australia on the date your policy ends; and
- You purchase your policy within 30 days from either the date you departed Australia; or the expiry of any other travel insurance policy; and
- Your period of overseas travel does not exceed 15 consecutive months in total from the date you originally departed Australia;
- Please note there is a 72 hour waiting period from the start date of the policy for any benefit to be valid

Please note:

For this cover "journey" means the time from when the policy is issued while you are overseas and ends when you arrive at any immigration counter in Australia.
- Journeys can be up to a maximum of 90 days.
- Purchasing an Already Overseas policy is limited to one journey every 12 months.
- No pre-existing conditions will be covered under this policy unless it's an automatically covered condition with 1Cover and you meet the criteria on page 61 of our PDS

Please contact our Call Centre on 1300 192 021 if you have any further questions or would like a quote.

Let me know if I can assist you any further.

Michelle

Michelleasked

I forgot to get travel insurance and am already away can i get now?

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi there! If you are currently overseas, the only policy we can offer is the Already Overseas policy. The Already Overseas cover is appropriate for Australia residents who are already overseas and need travel insurance cover because they have either forgotten to purchase before they left Australia or, their existing travel insurance policy has expired.

- You are aged 64 or under; and
- You intend to return to Australia on the date your policy ends; and

Please note:

- Journeys can be up to a maximum of 90 days.

Let me know if I can assist you any further.

Get an answer from our members and 1Cover representatives