1Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance

1Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Excellent service and good value for money

I have used 1cover in most of my overseas travels for a few years now, and when I had a travelling mishap last year, I was even more impressed with their service. When I lodged a claim, it was not complicated and the processing was efficient. I am a loyal customer now!

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Kym Pelham

Kym PelhamSydney, NSW

great service, correct information and simple process

We travelled to Japan and unfortunately ended up being faced with a large Typhoon and limited flights to get home early. Our only choice was to upgrade and claim back on insurance. The total amount was paid 2 weeks after returning home. excellent

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations

Very Happy with claims result

Have used ICover many times. Ist time have had to cancel an overseas trip. Claim handled efficiently with no issues at all. Would recommend ICover to anyone looking for good cover at respectable price.

DestinationSouth America
Doreen Bruhn

Doreen BruhnHunter Region, NSW

Claim

We have been using !Cover for a number of years now for all our overseas trips but this was the first time we had to make a claim. Due to ill-health we hd to cancel the day of departure. The service was efficient & friendly & we were refunded the cost of the hotel & flights promptly.

Sharron Dickman

Sharron DickmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Repeat customers for very good reasons. Highly recommended.

We have been using 1 Cover for more than ten years (about 20 trips). The online buying process is straightforward and prices are competitive but more importantly, claims are handled quickly, with consideration and courtesy. Buying insurance is easy; the real test is if or when something goes wrong. We have had claims while travelling and also prior to travelling (medical cancellation) and both times everyone was helpful and the process was straightforward. Over the years we have recommended 1Cover to dozens of family and friends and all have been happy. About to book them again.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

1 Cover save me a second time!

I've had to make two claims with 1Cover and they have been a delight to deal with each time. The first was covering car rental excess for damage which they paid without a problem. The second was when I broke my tailbone 7 days before I was supposed to get on a 28 hour flight home. They covered all my medical costs and made sure I was able to access a flight where I could lie down, as I was unable to sit. I will never go with any other travel insurance!

Claim DateAugust 2019

Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Limmy

Limmy

Good value and Good customer service

Website easy to use and application process simple, quick and can cover Cruise also. Had to cancel trip due to medical condition. Call Centre staff was polite and helpful. Claims officer was polite, helpful and efficient. Claim was processed within 10 business days as per policy and payment made next business day after approval. Impressed and happy with their service.

Claim DateNovember 2019
SharonW

SharonWHunter Region, NSW

great product

Always great value for money - website is easy to use - thankfully have never had to use the insurance but gives great peace of mind when travelling. Would recommend every time.

DestinationNew Zealand

CaseyC

CaseyCQueensland

Excellent policy

Never had to lodge a claim yet but this package was the best we could find and great value for money we have used 1cover for the last 3 years

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Casey, thanks for your great review! We're glad to hear you had a smooth and incident-free trip but rest assured we're always here to help should you ever have any hiccups or questions. Kind regards, Sophie, Customer Service.

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Great price and what we wanted.

Yes, good value, easy to set up, will use again.
No claim to make, as nothing went wrong or stolen.
First time user of this Company, will use again next trip, thanks.

Easy to book and covers

I have been using 1Cover for the past 6 years and have always found them to be professional, efficient and easy to obtain. Always there to assist especially when we were caught out with Ash Cloud.

ClaudiaK

ClaudiaKMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simple to apply

Excellent value. Easy to set up. Partner was already overseas and also found it hassle free to apply from there. First time we've used 1Cover and would definitely use again.

RaymondS

RaymondSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to book and pay

I have used One cover for an annual policy in the last few years. Renewal this year was quite a bit more expensive so I elected to cover each trip as I go.
My single policy for my trip to China was economical, easy to organise and book.
I will probably use them again for a trip to NZ
I am yet to make a claim in 5 years of using 1 Cover

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Raymond, thanks for your review! It's always great to hear from loyal customers and I am really glad to hear you will be using us again in the future. Kind Regards, Sophie, Customer Service.

joe

joeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Our family Always Use One cover

We have used One cover travel insurance for 8 years now always satisfied with price only ever had 1 Claim and it was taken care of very quickly. Will stay with I cover in future

Insurance Cover For:Teenager

Easy and convenient

First timer with 1Cover, found them after reading reviews and was impressed. Policy was great value and the application process was so simple and quick. Had the whole thing done and certificate in hand within a few minutes.

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

My go to travel insurance

Best value comprehensive travel insurance, don't go anywhere without it. Very easy to purchase online, have used 6 times so far. Had a claim a few years ago and very painless process, will definitely use next time.

DestinationNew Zealand

Great value, easy

Great value travel insurance, very easy to set up. Excellent customer service when contacted with questions regarding coverage on our trip. Will definately use again for next trip overseas.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Tracey, thanks for your great review! It's amazing amazing to hear from satisfied customers. We look forward to covering you again in the future! Kind Regards, Sophie, Customer Service

Cyril

CyrilSydney, NSW

I checked other policies 1cover come to what I needed good service

Good value for money & age second time used them will use again as it easy to set up fill out form easy they let you know what is happening tell you to keep a photo copy Of policy on phone

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Cyril, thanks for your great review! It's amazing amazing to hear from satisfied customers. We look forward to covering you again in the future! Kind Regards, Sophie, Customer Service

Peter Chigwidden

Peter ChigwiddenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very Satisfied

I am completely satisfied with the ease of getting cover online, the price was excellent, having peace of mind that l am covered while overseas, made my journey very enjoyable. Thank you 1Cover.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Peter, It's great to hear our policies helped provide you with peace of mind while on your trip. We hope you had a great time on your trip and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Kind Regards, Sophie, Customer Service.

See all 1Cover Travel Insurance reviews

Ann G

Ann Gasked

I am going on a cruise from March 23 through April 6. and will visit several countries. How do I start this to get a quote?

Hello Ann,
Firstly go to our quote page www.1cover.com.au. Enter all the countries you intend on visiting, including where the cruise will stop at. Enter your travel dates and ages and click Next Step. At this point, if you scroll down the page, you are then able to add the Cruise Cover option which will cover you whilst onboard the ship. If you need assistance with this quote, a friendly consultant can assist if you call the centre on 1300 192 021. Regards, Sophie.

Tom

Tomasked

Hi, I have you 1Cover before but I just want to be clear about medical expenses cover because so many people misunderstand the term and the condition like me. If you're in a country where local hospital or ambulance or doctors provide receipt in their language, do I need to translate the receipt to English before I lodge a claim to 1cover?In an emergency of injury or health problem and I have to go to the closest hospital. After that they have to transfer to specialist hospital or doctors, do I have to ring 1Cover first or do you organise everything at the start? thank you, Tom

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Tom, Ideally to process the claim as quickly as possible, we recommend that the documents are already translated by a registered translator, however if you are unable to do this, we have facilities available that can action this process for us. We recommend that for any medical emergencies that you always contact our Medical Team to assess your condition and make the necessary arrangements that you require. Hope this answers your query. Regards, Sophie.

Gayle D

Gayle Dasked

If I had to go to hospital overseas and it cost $5,000 ( Australian). Do I have to pay the bill first before I claim? I am going to Europe.

mickee p
mickee p

Not sure, fortunately for me I have never had to use the insurance.
Better to have it than not
Cheers
Mick

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Gayle, Sorry for the late response. Anything under $1000AUD, you need to pay and lodge a claim. Anything over this amount, then we take care of the costs, you just need to contact our Emergency team so that they can liaise with the medical team. Regards, Sophie

Get an answer from our members and 1Cover representatives