1Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance

1Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance

3.9

Luke

LukeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Do not buy their insurance cover - go elsewhere

I purchased comprehensive travel insurance with 1cover which cost me a whopping $1154.14 pre-covid. I was meant to depart for my trip on the 26 April 2020 but the Government had put in place restrictions that meant we could not leave. Not only did 1cover not provide any assistance with helping get refunds from any of the bookings being cancelled. They did not even provide a refund for the policy which could not cover anything. They are extremely unethical business, taking advantage of Australians through this difficult time. How do you take peoples money, not provide any service and still take our money. Please avoid this company at all cost! They are not worth it. You cant even contact them by a phone call.

DestinationAustralia

KaySouth East Queensland, QLD

No refund at all

I understand Covid-19 is not covered by any travel insurer, however the premium paid should be refunded but NO. No service should be No pay, but these thieves won’t refund my Measly $70.47. Shame on you lot taking advantage of travellers and I will NEVER recommend you thieves. Times like these bring out the best DON’T THEY? SHAME!!

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateAugust 2020
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Kay, we are working with customers to achieve happy outcomes. Please email info@1cover.com.au with your policy number for a review of your case. Regards, Doug.

Kay

Your a joke Doug. No response from you. I think robot reply. However, I got call and received promise to get refund of premium from Sia. Thank you, but what a horrible way to get response. Premium Only. Nothing else due to Virus non cover.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Kay. I arranged for Sia to give you a call, rather than going back and forth here. Regards, Doug.

Ian

IanSydney, NSW

Not customer friendly

Took out travel insurance but can’t now travel because of virus company will not refund only credit
Would not recommend I may never use the credit and they keep over $600 for nothing
Not a smart way to treat customers other companies are refunding look elsewhere

Travel Insurance

Find out how 1Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

MarykeSouth Australia

No Refund by 1Cover

1Cover will not refund our $601.73 Travel Insurance. Airline has cancelled trip 14th September. A credit is of no use to us as will not be travelling overseas again because of our age. Emailed twice same answer. Its stealing our money. SHAME ON YOU.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Maryke, we hope to work with our customers and suggest that you email info@1cover.com.au if you are unhappy with the outcome. Regards, Doug.

Maryke

Thank you 1Cover we have received a favourable outcome from you.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Fee for no service

We booked a cruise for sept 2020, I paid for full comprehensive insurance and our trip has been cancelled. I requested a refund from 1 cover and was advised a credit would be provided. I don't know when we can travel overseas again and said i want to cancel my cover, they agreed to cancel but will not issue a refund, imagine that will cancel the cover but no refund, blatant case of fee for no service. AVOID THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR INSURANCE NEEDS

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi David, I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with a credit. We hope to work with our customers and suggest that you email your concerns to info@1cover.com.au. Regards, Doug.

Disappointing the only way you can speak to them is by writing an unruly review

I get it - Pandemic etc etc - were all dealing with it. But no single opportunity to contact and speak to the company - POOR. They simply chose to distance themselves from the public and hide. Have been trying to speak to someone at this company for weeks. Have lodged requests for contact to be made, as yet nothing. Dont bother calling them, they simply do not have a means to speak to a real person. Ive a comprehensive policy including ski premiums which ill never now use due to country border restrictions. Seeking a refund rather than credit as will not be traveling in the next 24 months - at least. Ref #521710.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Matt, sorry for the delay. The team has been working hard to get back to each and every customer. I escalated your case and hope you've now received a satisfactory resolution. Regards, Doug.

Sonia CSydney, NSW

Zero communication even when refund request within their terms

I booked my comprehensive travel insurance on the 7th March for $303 but then requested to cancel the insurance on the 12th March. This is well within 1Cover's cancellation refund request time period of 14 days, so I am entitled to a full refund. After no response I messaged again on their website on the 3rd April but again no response. I have tried calling multiple times but it has been impossible to get through on the hotline. Here we are over 3 months later and still no response or refund. I no longer have any trust for a company that does not honour their own policies!

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Sonia, I'm sorry to hear this. We're committed to getting back to all customers. Please give me the last 6 digits of your policy number and I'll escalate your case with the team. Regards, Doug.

Sonia C

Hi Doug, the last 6 digits are 600064.

Not worth the paper its writing on (rubbish)

This useless insurance cover will pull out all excuses not to pay out a claim
In my.case using a pandemic clause
But my trip was 3 week before the W.H.O
Declared it so. March 11th
So don't use this company they are no good. Happy to take your money

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

DacsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unacceptable of 1Cover to only offer shifting travel start date within 12 months from date of issue due to COVID-19

I took out comprehensive travel insurance in mid February costing nearly $1000. It soon became clear we would have to cancel the trip due to COVID-19, so just 28 days after purchase I asked to cancel the insurance considering the circumstances. 1-Cover said no because it was past the 14-day cooling off period. All they offered was to move the start date to within 12 months from purchase date and I had to advise them of the new dates by 14 May 2020. It was completely impractical to do that since we don't have any idea when borders will reopen and we will be able to travel again, so I am now unable to use the policy.

1Cover please reconsider and provide credit valid for 18 months as you have for others. Last six digits of policy is 2582037.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Dacs, sorry to hear this. I've raised your case with the team and someone will be in touch soon. Regards, Doug.

Thanks Doug.
As a result of this review, 1Cover has offered a credit note instead which is a much fairer solution than the unreasonable option to change the start date as was offered initially. I am happy with the outcome.

SCAPerth, WA

Comprehensive waste of money and time!

Chose to take out a comprehensive policy with 1 Cover. This was in 2019 before any news of covid 19 appeared. Unfortunately it was a waste of money as it seems they are quite happy to forfeit their obligations to the customer even though it's a cancel for any reason policy. We travel multiple times a year and would continue to use this company had they looked after us. Now I will not be using them again nor will we recommend them to family, friends or colleagues. Sad thing is our friends took out a policy with a different insurer at the same time for the same holiday (as we were going together) and that company honoured their claim and paid out. Clearly that company puts customers first rather than hiding behind policy and loopholes!

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateApril 2020

Credit voucher sent in less than 2 minutes

Due to COVID-19 was unable to travel overseas. Logged on to my account this morning, answered a few questions and received a credit voucher valid for next 18 months. Voucher arrived in my inbox immediately. Good service, thank you.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Happy traveller, we're happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to let us know. We appreciate it. Regards, Doug.

Good company

They paid out for my husband on a cruise ship around the pacific islands. Husband got very sick and required ICU on ship. They did come to the party and pay out to cover costs. Thank you. Auckland to Auckland Tonga pacific islands 2 years ago now.

DestinationNew Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Annemarie, we're glad to have helped and hope your husband is doing well. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Regards, Doug.

Ian G.Far North Queensland, QLD

Total lack of support

Requested a date change,told I couldn't do due to being too far ahead,bought policies months ahead before. Was offered a credit,and have heard nothing since,sent 20 + emails just auto reply.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Ian, apologies for the delay. Can you please give me the last 6 digits of your policy number and I'll raise it with the team. Regards, Doug.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Ian, the team has advised that a credit was emailed on April 10. We're sorry it didn't arrive. It has been re-sent. Please check your email again, including your spam/junk folder and let me know if it doesn't arrive. Regards, Doug.

AlanRBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wheres 1 Cover ....Extremely poor customer service

I have used 1 Cover on numerous occasions and only claimed once and on that occasion they were prompt with reimbursement.

On this occasion I took out a comprehensive policy a year ago for a holiday this month....covid19....no holiday... called and called to request a refund and also emailed and emailed.

I called and emailed on 7th then 14th then 20th Apr.

to date 19/05/2020 I have had no response (except automated) from 1 cover,,,,, are they still in business?

This is extremely poor service I mean not even a call in over 2 months, how do you justify that?

if you are still operating here is my policy number 1C-AU-CPU2359309....just want a refund

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Alan, I raised your case with the team. They advised that an email was sent to your optusnet address on 21 April, which offered you a credit on your policy. Can you please check your spam/junk folder and let me know if it's there? Regards, Doug.

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No customer service.

I have been trying to contact 1 Cover regarding the cancellation of our tour. Phone calls go unanswered and you get the same automated response to e-mails. If this what they call customer service then all I can say is DO NOT use 1 Cover.
(Last 6 digits of policy No 402262)

Terrible customer service

No recommended in any way, easy to buy from but to much small print outs. The weasels didn’t pay for cancellation of flights because it was related to ccovid19 but not the main reason of the tour company cancelled. Wouldn’t even refund the premium.
I suspect they are broke as sending emails now bounces back error

Claim DateFebruary 2020

unhappy customer

I purchased 1 Cover for a trip to Japan,
I became unwell and was not able to travel ,This was before the Covid Virus and I still have not heard from anyone about my claim
Very unhappy customer

DestinationAustralia
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi meegan, sorry to hear about this. Please give me the last 6 digits of your policy number along with your postcode and I will raise it with the team. Regards, Doug.

meegan

Travel insurance premium rip off

Unlike nearly all other insurances (Car, Home etc), and unlike many other providers of travel insurance, 1 Cover is refusing to refund the unused portion of the policy premium due to cancellation. The virus impacted our travel plans forcing us to return home 6 months early (a great cost which is also not covered), on requesting a refund of the unused portion of the premium I am informed they do not refund after the "cooling off" period. This to me is theft, as 1Cover are retaining the premium with no actual risk.

DestinationSouth America

Lodged a query 12/3, response 4/5

The fact you cannot respond in a timely matter and are uncontactable is ridiculous.

Estimates on here of 4 weeks for contact are inaccurate.

Policy purchased September 2019 for travel June 2020.

Why would you not have a portal log in allowing people to request a travel credit with associated terms to be accepted rather than wade through and respond to what’s obviously thousands of emails one by one. Those that wanted a refund or had other queries would be able to get through rather than waste time waiting for your contact which seems to have a standard solution. I’ve used you before but never claimed. After you being quick to tell us no cover but being uncontactable for a solution - won’t be using you again.

Anti-Kogan

I’m updating this to advise 1cover resolved the issue (eventually) to my satisfaction.

Would not recommend

We bought a travel insurance in September 2019 to travel early March 2020 1 week before we were to leave i received a email telling me that i was not covered for covid 19 i cancelled my trip deciding it was not safe to travel i could not get a refund on my policy as they said only had a 20 day cooling off period i bought the policy on the same day i booked the flights I would not recommend this company and would not use them again.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
See all 1Cover Travel Insurance reviews

Wendy I.

Wendy I.asked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

We wish to cancel our policy no1C-AU-DMN 2495934 as my husband is to Ill to travel now due to his Parkinson disease and Dementia. It is a princess cruise in November to Brisbane and at the moment I do not think this will be happening anyway. Please contact me me on colwens1@esc.net.au. I am sorry to have to cancel.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Wendy, I have passed this on to the team and someone will be in touch soon. Regards, Doug.

Leni

Leniasked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Hello, we have taken up a travel insurance on 3/12/19 to travel to Europe and we were due to travel on 17/6/20. Due to Coronavirus Pandemic we will be unable to travel. We send you an enquiry about a refund 8 days ago and have not received any response since. Your website is now offering a refund credit option, which can be used within the next 12 months of the issue of the credit, however your full terms and conditions say 18 months. It is unlikely that we will be able to travel within the next 12 months. How do I claim for longer period? Is there going to be an opportunity to further extend the credit in the future should she covid situation does not improve?

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Leni, can you please send me the last 6 digits of your policy number so that I can pass it on to the team? Regards, Doug.

Ihave l.

Ihave l.asked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Why aren't 1cover refunding money for a risk that will never happen? After months no phone contact and useless bulk generated email. Other companies ARE returning the full premium and answering phones. Australian Seniors is one. Never when I read the clause about pandemics did I think that this would include stealing the full premium when I would never get off the ground. Good business model for the future guys. Theft and no service. Vote with your feet and tell all your friends how great this company is. Why cant we ring? Don't give us the rescuing people story any longer!

P Campbell
P Campbell

Asked the same question myself three weeks ago - no risk to the company because we can't even leave the house for a trip to a country whose borders are closed anyway. But have heard nothing other than I'm in a queue and they will contact me in turn. Very poor customer service.

Pauline Keays
Pauline Keays

Hi there. I have travel insurance with Insure and Go. They, too, were initially refusing to refund or offer travel credits. They are now offering credits (based on their shonky calculations), of about 20% of the premium. They too have lost well over 1500 loyal customers. Show me a decent Travel Insurance company. Good luck everyone. My issue is with AFCA. Pauline.

Get an answer from our members and 1Cover representatives