1Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance

1Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance

skeith

skeithAU

Corona virus coverage

I bought travel insurance for a upcoming overseas trip before corona virus was even heard of. They have a blanket statement saying they will not cover it at all. So if you get sick you are on your own and if you cancel they will not cover you

RebeccaA

RebeccaAGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy friendly and reasonably priced

Very easy to see what you have cover for, friendly staff who speak to you directly over the phone rather than being passed through computers. Their prices are reasonably priced

Shane

ShaneSydney, NSW

Not all is as seems read PDS closely

Read the PDS very carefully not many things they will actually pay on, I thought person items would be covered, no there not.
Save your money and go with a much cheaper option.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Didn't have me covered when I needed it.

DestinationAfrica
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property

GaryS

GarySSydney, NSW

Can't fault the way my claim was handled

I had a ski accident in Canada and fractured my collarbone. Claimed medical costs, prepaid lift tickets and rental gear. Easy process to claim, took a week to assess. Proposed settlement seems very fair - exactly as per PDS. Have been told to expect payment in a fortnight. Really happy that 1Cover follow through on the expectations they set. I recommend it for ski insurance and will keep using them. Hope not to have to claim ever again!!!

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Charanjit S.

Charanjit S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is Perfect

affordable price with full cover. i used few time price is very reasonable . in future i will use and recommend
very quick response time, easy to compare and buy online

Derek

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Jason

JasonPerth, WA

Good value and covered exactly as expected

My Family and I got influenza while on a ski trip. First time using 1Cover and they confirmed if we needed any further assistance while we were away and then promptly approved our claim for medical expenses and ski ticket and hire reimbursement on our return. Their online lodgement was a bit clunky but their staff were helpful and covered our costs exactly as expected.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Sunny

SunnyPerth, WA

Unfair Terms and Conditions

No cover for transit less than 4 hours in case flight delayed (out of your control situation).

Other travel insurance providers provide much better coverage options. What's the point of insurance if you aren't covered when your require help.

LaurenH

LaurenHPerth, WA

very hesitant to help

My partner and I have been using 1cover for years but will be switching. The service they provided for my partner was unexceptable. Very reluctant to help out and get back to us in time. There is a reason we purchase insurance while away. If they cannot help out what’s the point?

Hi Lauren,
I'm sorry that we provided you with bad service and a poor customer experience, I'm more than happy to investigate this for you if you wish to email your details (Attention Helen) to info@1cover.com.au Regards, Helen

Find other insurance

We lodged our claim 7 weeks ago and it still hasnt been approved. We have been given the run around with them asking for more and more information. Very distressing and upsetting. I have provided 1cover with everything that they have asked for and still they wont pay our claim.
Totally disgusted

Claim DateDecember 2019

RobynM

RobynMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Competitive pricing with great cover

the policy was good value,
we have used travel insurance once Before and will certainly use again
there were problems using the site that required a phone call to resolve

DestinationNew Zealand

Hello Robyn,
Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback, we really appreciate it. Regards, Sophie.

James

JamesPerth, WA

Don't use this company if you have a second hand phone

If you are like me and refuse to pay thousands of dollars for a new phone it is very likely you won't have proof of purchase for your phone (I purchased mine from a gumtree seller). My phone was stolen overseas, a claim was lodged and everything but proof of purchase was provided to the insurers yet they refuse to pay out any money (Everything else they asked for was provided - IMEI, Police report, bank statements and device location - which shows last login detail as well). Don't use them if you have a second hand phone - they are no help.

DestinationSouth America
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Stress Free - never travel without it

Excellent value, easy to deal with. Gave us peace of mind when our son was injured whilst overseas. Claim lodged and a stressfree process. Definitely our choice of insurance and travelling every year will be using 1Cover going forward. Already recommending to our friends.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Insurance Cover For:Teenager

Paul3490Gippsland, VIC

Disappointed.

Paul3490

Thanks for replying Helen.
I've been told by somebody else at 1Cover that I can claim for cancellation when the warning becomes a 'Do not travel'. From what you say, that may not be true. Are you able to clarify that please.
Thanks.
Paul

AmyS

AmySQueensland

Quick, easy, comprehensive!

Every time I travel I use 1Cover. The registration process is a breeze and the pricing is very competitive. While I've been lucky enough to not need to lodge a claim, I see 1Cover as providing value for money and I am satisfied with the level of cover offered and inclusions.

Easy process

It was teh first time we used 1 Cover (it had been recommedned by a friend)
The process of obtaining insurance was simple and straight forward
We were lucky and didnt need to make a claim so it worked out well all round

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Chris, thank you for taking your time to write a review. I'm pleased you found our service easy to use and we look forward to servicing you in the next adventure.

StewartH

StewartHCanberra 2600, ACT

Excellent value for money and great coverage

The policy was great value with good coverage.

We added cover for skiing, which included in bounds and included off piste in bounds also. Much better value than similar policies.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Stewart, thank you for your kind words! I'm so happy to hear that we were able to cover you during your ski trip. We look forward to servicing you in your next adventures.

AmyF

AmyFAustralian Capital Territory

Always responsive

Easy to arrange, easy to get support when needed and very responsive to clients.i would happily recommend 1 cover to family and friends when they travel. Now to plan my next trip

DestinationNew Zealand
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Amy, we are so glad that you had a great experience with us. We really appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to servicing you in your next adventure.

IanW

IanWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great insurance

We found the policy easy to set up and as we needed some help, a phone call to the insurance company sorted it out for us.
We did not need to claim and it was the first time insuring with One Cover

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Ian, It’s great that you were happy with our customer service representatives.
We hope you had a great time on your trip and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it!

See all 1Cover Travel Insurance reviews

Mick

Mickasked

Do you offer excess insurance for motor home hire?

Hello Mick,
We provide rental vehicle excess up to $5000 for motorhomes that are less than 4.5 tonnes. If you have any further queries, or require assistance, please forward an email to info@1cover.com.au
Regards, Helen

Ann G

Ann Gasked

I am going on a cruise from March 23 through April 6. and will visit several countries. How do I start this to get a quote?

Hello Ann,
Firstly go to our quote page www.1cover.com.au. Enter all the countries you intend on visiting, including where the cruise will stop at. Enter your travel dates and ages and click Next Step. At this point, if you scroll down the page, you are then able to add the Cruise Cover option which will cover you whilst onboard the ship. If you need assistance with this quote, a friendly consultant can assist if you call the centre on 1300 192 021. Regards, Sophie.

Tom

Tomasked

Hi, I have you 1Cover before but I just want to be clear about medical expenses cover because so many people misunderstand the term and the condition like me. If you're in a country where local hospital or ambulance or doctors provide receipt in their language, do I need to translate the receipt to English before I lodge a claim to 1cover?In an emergency of injury or health problem and I have to go to the closest hospital. After that they have to transfer to specialist hospital or doctors, do I have to ring 1Cover first or do you organise everything at the start? thank you, Tom

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Tom, Ideally to process the claim as quickly as possible, we recommend that the documents are already translated by a registered translator, however if you are unable to do this, we have facilities available that can action this process for us. We recommend that for any medical emergencies that you always contact our Medical Team to assess your condition and make the necessary arrangements that you require. Hope this answers your query. Regards, Sophie.

Get an answer from our members and 1Cover representatives