1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance

1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance

Neville Tu Otoo

Neville Tu OtooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Camper bond, covered!

We initially had cover from Coversure but came across 1Cover on a search for insurance to cover the gap from their Rental Car Insurance Excess from the $3000 to the rental companies $5000 bond. When we found out 1Cover had an excess of $5000 we were stoked. We will use 1Cover for all our trips from now on.

Great to deal with

We have used 1Cover a couple of times but had our first claim recently. We found them great to deal with and the claim was processed very quickly. Highly recommend

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

DuncanG

DuncanGMid West, WA

Excellent and easy to deal with got cover over the internet. Got regular updates and emails to check if it was what we needed and if we needed to expend our cover

Rebecca P

Rebecca PSydney, NSW

Wouldn’t leave home without it!

We use 1 Cover on all our travels and highly recommend them. We were very pleased when we claimed for a missed port on one of our cruises and the claim was dealt with in a short time. We will continue to use 1 Cover on all our travels as our daughter now lives in Texas. Thank You for your continuous service to us.

Allen W

Allen WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Got us covered

We never thought about taking insurance for domestic holidays until one time we had to make changes to our plans and found out the hard way what that can cost financially and emotionally. Since then we have taken insurance with 1 Cover.
We have found the process, options and cost of the insurance easy and affordable giving us confidence that we will be covered .
While we didn’t have to make a claim on our recent 4 week holiday interstate it was peace of mind to know we had backup should something go wrong.

Insurance Cover For:Senior

Sil

SilPerth, WA

If a company goes into receivership you are not covered

Was unable to claim as if a company goes into receivership you are not covered.
Have used 1Cover many times as thought they were top of the pops, might as well use Woolies next time for a cheaper price

RodneyH

RodneyHLaunceston, TAS

First Timer

Very easy to set up online, did not need to make a claim,this is my first time with you,will go again on our next trip with 1 Cover Insurance Thank You

Insurance Cover For:Senior

MichaelA

MichaelASydney, NSW

Didn't need to use it but I'm glad I took out this very competitive 1Cover policy. Very comprehensive and covers all the things you need for domestic travel. I also use 1Cover for my international trips.

DaizyGirl74

DaizyGirl74Richardson 2905, ACT

Easy to purchase.

I have used this insurance company several times and the policy and pds is easy to navigate...HOWEVER, I have never made a claim so don't actually know what the company is like to deal with. 3 stars is because I've never claimed...

PAC

PACNorth Queensland, QLD

Peace of mind without price shock

Now whilst I never had to make a claim this policy gave me peace of mind with ease and a price that was happy with. As I had to extend my trip updating the policy was a breeze.

Michael

MichaelSydney, NSW

Easy to arrange with very good service

Policy was good value and easy to set up. We have used this company on a number of occasions in the past. As far as I can recall we have always received good assistance regarding the policy.

Hi Michael,
It's fantastic to hear from a satisfied and loyal customer. We are looking forward to providing you with legendary service for your next trip. Regards, Sophie

INQ001

INQ001Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy to deal with

Reasonable value and easy to setup. Only downside is they do not have the option to pay by AMEX which is my main card. I would still recommend this insurance company to others as they are easy to deal with

Hi,
Im glad to hear that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. Thank you for choosing 1Cover and for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. Regards, Sophie

Di W.

Di W.Sydney, NSW

"Peace of mind"... BUT: Hire car excess is ONLY covered when you ACTUALLY have the Car hire Insurance!

"If you can afford to travel, you can afford insurance!"
I did learn the hard way though, (See "Lou" review 12th Oct 2019 who's got it wrong!) that the hire car excess IS ONLY COVERED by 1Cover WHEN you actually take out the hire car company's insurance. (read the 1Cover "fine" print!) My example, hired a car in Brisbane (w/o extra rental car company insurance at the time of hire)... the car suffered hail damage and I was up for the repair cost. !!! 1Cover "cover" covers an "excess" from the rental car company but if you don't have rental company insurance in the first place, there IS NO EXCESS, it's just a full liability on your part!!! Beware!!! 1Cover would do well to "highlight" this "gotcha".

KellyF

KellyFSydney, NSW

not happy

We took out insurance, my husband wasn't able to go on our family holiday due to the bushfires, he didn't feel safe leaving our property. We took out the insurance four days before he was supposed to fly out, but because the day we took out the insurance it was deemed catastrophic we were told we weren't entitled to anything.

WayneH

WayneHSouth East Queensland, QLD

So easy and straight forward

I used 1cover for domestic travel.
It was good value and easy to set up.
I didn't need to use it but was glad I had it for peace of mind.

Will use again when I travel next.

Very easy to use online

The cover is always really good value, Ive never actually had to claim on my travel insurance but I do feel more relaxed having it. Particularly good for insuring against a hire car excess, better value than the car hirers insurance. Medical questions were clear and understandable, although a couple of things werent covered it was easy to do. This is the third time I have used 1 cover and its so easy to do online.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Lou, thanks for your great review! We're glad to hear you had a smooth and incident-free trip but rest assured we're always here to help should you ever have any hiccups or questions. Kind regards, Sophie, Customer Service.

Appalling company

1Cover misrepresents the unlimited cover for cancellations in unforeseen circumstances in their advertising. An airline cancelling a flight for mechanical reasons is NOT covered by 1Cover. That is Bait Advertising.

Andrew

As stated, the first 2 pages of your advertising clearly don't mention the huge number of ways your company does not cover cancellations. Trust factor zero. Pub test fail. Fair Trading and APRA can adjudicate and hopefully stop your bait advertising.

Rebecca

RebeccaSydney, NSW

Straightforward great coverage

I used 1cover for domestic insurance, as it covers my whole holiday and rental car excess. It is cost effective and provides great coverage on all the things you might not even consider when travelling within Australia.
I have used 1cover for both domestic and international and cannot fault them (although I haven’t made a claim).
1cover also keep in contact with you the whole time, which I love. Especially if your extending your stay.

I will keep going back to use 1cover, thanks :)

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Good peace of mind for car hire and mobile phone insurance while travelling

I think cover is always really good value, I’ve never actually had to claim on my travel insurance but I do feel more relaxed having it. Actually makes my holiday experience far more relaxing as at worst I’m going to pay $200 for the excess if things go really wrong. Ie accidentally crash car or loose mobile device.

Shaz

ShazSydney, NSW

Peace of Mind Cover

My mother and I recently travelled to Tasmania on a Cruise, it was great to know we had cover if air lifted from our Ship unexpectedly. I didnt relise that although I was only traveling to Tasmania Australia that my health insurance wouldn't cover this. Thank you 1 Cover

See all 1Cover Travel Insurance reviews