• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (0)

Ruth

No service at all- no stars if I could put that.

This company refuses to answer the phone - they are hiding. Why even have a phone number that tells you they wont take a call. I send in emails on the advised email address but just get answered with the automatic response. Cant believe it is this bad.
I want to know the definition of a large boat as I want to use my credit. I am going on a ship 72 pax and 25 crew (62 ft long) out of cairns on 4th November but they wont evacuate if the boat is small. I cant even find out if this ship qualifies.
Unbelievable. Please answer me.

now 2 weeks after I wrote this review and not contact at all.

Claim MadeNo
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Ruth, sorry to hear you are not getting a response via email. Please send me the last 6 digits of your policy number and I'll escalate your query with the team. Regards, Doug.

Ruth

Now 2 weeks later and I have had no response. I cant believe how bad this company is - even though I have had the "Doug" response. Must be an automatic response - so bad.

Marilyn M.

Marilyn M.South East Queensland, QLD

Feeling safe and well covered

Excellent Value. Perfect for my needs. Covered my partner and my self adequately and economically. I have used 1Cover several times, excellent service. I refer friends who now use it.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Marilyn, glad to hear you were happy with everything. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Regards, Doug.

Chris A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unhappy with the service.

My travel dates have changed from 20/05/20 - 25/05/20 due to Coronavirus and I have tried to amend the dates on the website, but it will not let me. I rang, but there is no way to communicate with anyone unless it is an emergency. I sent an email via their website on 07/05/20 and the automated reply is they will get back soon. Nil reply. I sent another one and no reply as of 16/05/20.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Chris, sorry for the delay. Please send me the last 6 digits of your policy number and I will escalate with the team. Regards, Doug.

Chris A.

Hi Doug, Last 6 digits 597960, however I went into Policy Manager and saw a new option of obtaining a credit so I chose the credit as I still couldn't amend my travel dates. Thanks for responding. Regards Chris

Travel Insurance

Find out how 1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

MickDarwin, NT

WARNING NEVER USE

Never use this insurance or should i say none insurance ,quick to take money ,will not answer phone calls ,cannot get in contact via email . they just hope people will eventually give up

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Mick, we're very sorry for the delay and doing our best to follow up with every single customer. Please give me the last 6 digits of your policy number, along with your postcode, and I'll follow it up with the team. Regards, Doug.

Mick

As I said do not use this rip off no insurance company. Karma will bite them on the butt. They use any excuse not to pay. Will never use ever and nobody should. Very unAustralian so called vomit company.

Catbear 7

Catbear 7NSW, 2250

Always Value for Money

I have used 1 Cover on many occasions over the past few years. It has always been very easy to arrange, on line. I have always believed the travel cover was good value for money for my needs. My most recent trip away resulted in me making my first ever Claim on 1 Cover re the excess associated with a minor rental car accident. 1 Cover handled the Claim process most courteously and expeditiously, and left me very pleased with their service. Communication by the Claims Officer was exemplary. 1 Cover is a most professional organisation in my view, with excellent processes.

Ross Cormack

Ross CormackHunter Region, NSW

Perfect would never consider using anyone else.

We only ever use 1Cover for all our holiday Insurance as we have found them to be excellent, easy to communicate with and the one time we did have a claim they were excellent and the claim was settled very quickly. Absolutely fantastic company.

ElizabethT

ElizabethTCentral West, NSW

Very convenient

This is my second time using 1Cover. I have been fortunate on both occasions to not need to claim. However the policies are good and are very convenient to take out. All done very simply online. My policy details were emailed to me (so are held electronically) and I was sent a reminder towards the end of my trip which also asked if I wanted or needed to extend my cover. It was all helpful and seemless.

Neville Tu Otoo

Neville Tu OtooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Camper bond, covered!

We initially had cover from Coversure but came across 1Cover on a search for insurance to cover the gap from their Rental Car Insurance Excess from the $3000 to the rental companies $5000 bond. When we found out 1Cover had an excess of $5000 we were stoked. We will use 1Cover for all our trips from now on.

Great to deal with

We have used 1Cover a couple of times but had our first claim recently. We found them great to deal with and the claim was processed very quickly. Highly recommend

DuncanG

DuncanGMid West, WA

Excellent and easy to deal with got cover over the internet. Got regular updates and emails to check if it was what we needed and if we needed to expend our cover

Rebecca P

Rebecca PSydney, NSW

Wouldn’t leave home without it!

We use 1 Cover on all our travels and highly recommend them. We were very pleased when we claimed for a missed port on one of our cruises and the claim was dealt with in a short time. We will continue to use 1 Cover on all our travels as our daughter now lives in Texas. Thank You for your continuous service to us.

Allen W

Allen WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Got us covered

We never thought about taking insurance for domestic holidays until one time we had to make changes to our plans and found out the hard way what that can cost financially and emotionally. Since then we have taken insurance with 1 Cover.
We have found the process, options and cost of the insurance easy and affordable giving us confidence that we will be covered .
While we didn’t have to make a claim on our recent 4 week holiday interstate it was peace of mind to know we had backup should something go wrong.

Sil

SilPerth, WA

If a company goes into receivership you are not covered

Was unable to claim as if a company goes into receivership you are not covered.
Have used 1Cover many times as thought they were top of the pops, might as well use Woolies next time for a cheaper price

RodneyH

RodneyHLaunceston, TAS

First Timer

Very easy to set up online, did not need to make a claim,this is my first time with you,will go again on our next trip with 1 Cover Insurance Thank You

MichaelA

MichaelASydney, NSW

Didn't need to use it but I'm glad I took out this very competitive 1Cover policy. Very comprehensive and covers all the things you need for domestic travel. I also use 1Cover for my international trips.

DaizyGirl74

DaizyGirl74Richardson 2905, ACT

Easy to purchase.

I have used this insurance company several times and the policy and pds is easy to navigate...HOWEVER, I have never made a claim so don't actually know what the company is like to deal with. 3 stars is because I've never claimed...

PAC

PACNorth Queensland, QLD

Peace of mind without price shock

Now whilst I never had to make a claim this policy gave me peace of mind with ease and a price that was happy with. As I had to extend my trip updating the policy was a breeze.

Michael

MichaelSydney, NSW

Easy to arrange with very good service

Policy was good value and easy to set up. We have used this company on a number of occasions in the past. As far as I can recall we have always received good assistance regarding the policy.

Hi Michael,
It's fantastic to hear from a satisfied and loyal customer. We are looking forward to providing you with legendary service for your next trip. Regards, Sophie

INQ001

INQ001Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy to deal with

Reasonable value and easy to setup. Only downside is they do not have the option to pay by AMEX which is my main card. I would still recommend this insurance company to others as they are easy to deal with

Hi,
Im glad to hear that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. Thank you for choosing 1Cover and for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. Regards, Sophie

Di W.

Di W.Sydney, NSW

"Peace of mind"... BUT: Hire car excess is ONLY covered when you ACTUALLY have the Car hire Insurance!

"If you can afford to travel, you can afford insurance!"
I did learn the hard way though, (See "Lou" review 12th Oct 2019 who's got it wrong!) that the hire car excess IS ONLY COVERED by 1Cover WHEN you actually take out the hire car company's insurance. (read the 1Cover "fine" print!) My example, hired a car in Brisbane (w/o extra rental car company insurance at the time of hire)... the car suffered hail damage and I was up for the repair cost. !!! 1Cover "cover" covers an "excess" from the rental car company but if you don't have rental company insurance in the first place, there IS NO EXCESS, it's just a full liability on your part!!! Beware!!! 1Cover would do well to "highlight" this "gotcha".

See all 1Cover Travel Insurance reviews