AAMI Car Insurance - Comprehensive

AAMI Car Insurance - Comprehensive

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (17) · 2-4 weeks (12) · 1-2 weeks (11) · 1-2 months (11) · <1 week (10)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (45) · No (18)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Can’t provide appropriate service

I have been an aami customer with all 3 of my cars I recently made a claim for my Mercedes someone hit my door off the hinges Ammi did not tell me they don’t have a Mercedes accredited smash repairer when they took my money they repairers that are ammi approved won’t even work on my car they say it’s best to take it to a prestige car workshop I will be removing all my policies from aami I would never recommend them the catch lucky your with aami is absolute bull nothing lucky about it get robbed and they don’t even have the facilities to provide a professional and proper service for my car

Sjlr

SjlrSydney Surrounds, NSW

DO NOT USE AAMI

Called 26/12, assistant advised my request was completed nothing further to do. Called back 30/12, NO action had been taken and was told would definitely be corrected. 10/01 AAMI collects payment on a Cancelled policy, contact call centre only to be told no action has been taken since initial contact, the 'customer service' operator nor a supervisor could refund or cancel policy. Was told I would receive a call back and am yet to hear from them. It's better to pay higher insurance from a from a more reliable and trustworthy company.

hahudson

hahudson

Dodgy Call Centre

A truck reversed into my car. I had dash cam footage. The driver refused to give me his details. But I had his rego and dash cam footage. I reported this to police they found the company that had the truck. I also looked up the rego myself.
Then I got a call from AAMI they said the rego number does not exist and you have to pay the excess. I told them the name of the company the address. The phone number.i asked if the would remove the excess they said no. Because you have not given the name of the driver. Why should I be penalised because someone breaks the law.
I asked to speak to the supervisor. I got some Indian putting on an English accent. I could not believe it.

Nathan

NathanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not go with them

Was with them for my car insurance over 4 years !! Till I realise this is way too expensive ! Disgusting over priced ! Yet they offer you discounts because I was good a driver funny enough they bump up the price of the insurance and claims no claim discount ! The jokes on you guys Ive changed for a better place budget direct !

Car ModelPeugeot 3008 P84

If I could give less than 1 star I would

The absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Every time you call there is a different story as to why a hold up has occurred that completely contradicts the previous story you have been told.

I've had the unfortunate experience of fighting a 10 week battle where they have been nothing but road blocks to me. Will never use them again and will be warning all others to avoid.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Emma

EmmaNorth Queensland, QLD

Good insurance, keep coming back.

I've switched back to AAMI after living in NT (with TIO Car insurance) for 3 years.
Able to get a competative price for an under 25 driver and free roadside assistance for a year.

Very easy to request a quote and all handled thru email and the website.

2016 Mazda is covered for agreed value of $21,600 with a $600 excess and yearly $686.61.

Much cheaper than other insurers for young drivers.

Would recommend.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Hatchback)
Claim MadeNo

Insurance Premium Theft !!!

Liss

LissSeaford

INCOMPETENT

Had an accident paid the excess 2 weeks ago then received a letter saying we had not paid it We asked for a receipt from AAMI when we paid it, which never CAME!. Told first guy [name removed] we had paid it. Made us feel like liers. Got the receipt number from the bank. Rang back with receipt number and again made to feel like we were lying. WELL IT TURNS OUT.... that THEY WERE INCORRECT.... WE DID PAY IT... In their stupidity they paid the $650 to our insurance policy not the excess. WE WANT AN APOLOGY... No we are not lucky we are with AAMI and very soon will not be!!!!!

Omer

Omermelbourne

Never Never Never Aami Please Stay Away

Please do not use AAMI, They do not allow you take your car to your preferred mechanic. They will forward your car to cheap mechanics which do really cheap job.

MrDeeds

MrDeedsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Up Ship Creek

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Crewman VZ (2004-2007)

Mark S

Mark SSydney

Fantastic

I've been with AAMI for some 20 years now (different cars in that time). I've had 2 at fault accidents, 1 not at fault accident and two hail claims. AAMI has always come though for me and never disputed the claims.

Whilst AAMI's handling of the claims wasn't perfect, over all it was very good and wound't feel right taking a star away for it.

I have no problems recommending AAMI.

Chetan

ChetanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible !!!

Worst !!!!!!!!!!!
Called them several times in past few days. Communication error within their team. Different answer from different people and some people had no idea even after reading notes in account and they keep giving different information. As i got promised yesterday and again this morning after i spoke to different department that accesor will definitely call me today. No call from anyone. When called again today got told no guarantee for timeframe from accesor as its still under review.

Just took my 2nd car policy with them yesterday but definitely will cancel it.

RichardP

RichardPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Competitive pricing and good claims handling

I am not loyal to any insurance company and always get 3 quotes each year.
We have three polices with AAMI giving us a multi policy discount. The renewals for our two cars from AAMI came in second cheapest. We decided to renew with AAMI because we had 3 not at fault claims in the last two years and each time AAMI handled the process very well.

Car ModelFord Mondeo MA

Car ModelNissan Murano
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Caroline

CarolineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service and communication regarding claim progress is lacking

Had an accident on November 13th ( not at fault)
Car was hit and 3 child restraints need replacement. Now 22nd November and no further on having these replaced. Sent requested information on 15th November and was told I would have an answer within 3 business days. Called again to follow up and passed around one department to another. Promised a call back today which hasnt happened. 9 days after an accident with no resolve for this.
Currently looking at changing insurance companies after being with AAMI for a long time.

Car ModelNissan Pathfinder R52

Shane

Shane

Fantastic response to our car accident

A young guy reversed into our car and damaged the front badly. We contacted AAMI expecting an issue as we had no proof and could have been accused of us causing a rear end. They were fantastic to action repairs immediately with no excess charged. Very pleasantly surprise with loads of updates and info on status of claim and repairs.

Car ModelToyota Kluger GSU50R Grande
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Sean

SeanSydney, NSW

Impressed with AAMI's handling of a claim

I completed an exhaustive analysis on which insurerer to go with. AAMI were mid table on premium alone, 20% more expensive than the cheapest. The main reason I paid a premium to go with AAMI was their reputation for paying out on valid claims. Within two weeks of having my insurance I was side swiped by a truck. Within an hour of the accident, and my confirmation of the driver at fault, AAMI had covered my claim, and had booked my car in to get assessed the next morning! This reduced the stress of a collision considerably. I recieved my car back, repairs were first class on my metallic paint Mercedes-Benz.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz E-Class E250 CDI W212
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateOctober 2019

S G

S GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor policy

AAMI will charge your excess in advance regardless of who is at fault in contrary to all other insurance companies. They will be reluctant to investigate who is at fault because obviously they changed you the excess already, so why bother.

Erle W.

Erle W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Can't do enough for you!

I have been insured by AAMI for around 20 years and had a few claims, not all my fault, but had 2 write offs due to flood damage. No questions, just fixed and paid out. They may not have been always as quick as I would have liked, but there were no problems, all fixed. The preferred window repairer shafted me, so I will not go near O'Brien's again, but AAMI deserves five stars. Looking at other reviews, there are 2 sides to every story, but AAMI has always been great for communication and support.

Claim DateJanuary 2019