Listing monitored by AAMI

• 1-2 weeks (21)
    • 2-4 weeks (21)
    • 1-2 months (31)
    • 3+ months (33)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (92) · No (34)

LadyOfThree
LadyOfThreeQLD, 4570

I really love AAMI.

Scott R.
Scott R.Sydney, NSW

Stay Far Far Away from AAMI!

I had to deal with AAMI as a result of one of their insured drivers crashing into me (other driver at fault). AAAMI were completely uncompassionate, dishonest, fraudulent, bullying, time wasting and generally terrible to deal with for even the smallest matters. I would never insure with AAMI, not recommend anyone else does.

My opinion here seems to be in line with everyone else that has had to deal with them too!

STAY AWAY FROM AAMI!!

Reena
ReenaHunter Region, NSW

Road side assistance is very poor

Had flat tyre... in the main road. Had to wait from 12midday to 4pm. In between staff came 1km near the location, and dropped his job due to his impatience and aggressive behaviour. Was very rude towards the customer for not telling the correct address. Please recruit staff who have qualities of patience, empathy, politeness , atleast with good listening skills. Very disappointed with the service. All customer service on phone was excellent.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi there, this is disappointing to hear. I'd like to arrange for someone to look into this for you. Please email social@aami.com.au with your full name, policy number, and date of birth, and we'll reach out to the Roadside Assist team to investigate.

Nik_41
Nik_41South East Queensland, QLD

Clearly AAMI aren’t after business!

I called and sent a live chat and customer service is terrible.AAMI must be making a tonne of money as they’re not interested in getting business! I was a customer for 17 years and have just returned from 2.5 years in London and they won’t honour any of the no claim bonus etc that I had before I left. Customer service was pretty much like ‘too bad’…I’ll take my business elsewhere and you can keep your attitude!

scotiwi
scotiwiAU

Worst Customer Service EVER, errors at every turn

Not-at-fault claim, errors at every turn and honestly the WORST customer service I have ever encountered. As a last straw I rang their 'customer relations' phone number however, that goes through to an automated voicemail without even a human greeting to let you know you have called the right place - this really added to an already abhorrent experience. When I raised this as a possible PR fail, they applied the same lack lustre care factor as actually sending my vehicle to the correct repairer and getting it fixed. The whole ordeal has been SO unpleasant that after 20 years of insuring with the Suncorp Group we will be taking every single policy we have away from them.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Alrian
AlrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unbelievably BAD Customer service after being a customer for SO MANY years

I rang to review my Annual car insurance premium as I do every year but this year I was SO DISAPPOINTED as AAMI are not at all interested in keeping me as a customer. Every year they have tweaked my premium and I have renewed my policy but NOT this year. I have NEVER claimed on my car insurance and I have my house and contents insurance with them also (I imagine that it will be the last year). AAMI are NOT interested in customer service or rewarding drivers who do not claim. They are at least $200 more than other reputable insurance companies.
I even spoke to a manager but she was also very disinterested in providing any customer service.

Terrible roadside assist and customer service

AAMI does NOT reward loyal customer

Been with AAMI for MORE THAN 10 years(diamond whatever level they called it). Yet a newbie is still getting better deal. Lol. What's the use of being a loyal customer?

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Andrea
AndreaSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst insurance. Keep away

I had an accident (not my fault) a driver hit me from behind, I contacted Aami and gave the personal details of the other driver. Aami never contacted the driver, not even his insurance, he did not give me information about my car, even when I called the information was very lack and it seemed that they did not know they had my car. Finally, 3 weeks after I left my car, they called me just to tell me that they declared my car as worv (but after I realize they declare like that my car one week before that they call me) since the price to fix it according to them was more than 6000 dollars when quotes from mechanics I asked are not more than 2000 dollars.
The aim of insurance is to help you not give you more headaches.

Providing misinformation

I bought comprehensive insurance with roadside assistance two weeks ago. I received 3 weeks to pay my policy.
Anyway, when I ask about roadside assistance AMMI says roadside policy activate after payment has made and claiming is stated in PDA.
Also, give me a lecture about customer responsibility for reading every letter of PDA.

When I ask them to refer the PDA not able to point any condition (spending 20 min on the phone).
The service representative was rude and not apologising giving miss information either.

Then talk to the supervisor, she gave me a lecture it is common knowledge and frequently ask question without referring to correct place in PDS.

Adrian A.
Adrian A.Sydney, NSW

The worst insurance company ever!!! ZERO STAR!

Punky
Punky

Not the cheapest but don't try to delay claims or repairs

Very rude customer service

Mine 3 insurances are with AAMI. Called this morning for a query. Answer was very rude and when I remind her that I am a customer and have full rights for the query. No apologies only tone bit a bit normal

Job Satisfaction

Lack of transparency

Was involved in a no fault accident, car was deemed by AAMI to be a write off. Enquired if I can get my registration money back, and they responded saying that it is a Queensland transport law that the insurance will take the registration money. Went to Queensland transportation department to enquire, they said there is no such policy, and they managed to refund the car rego as it has not been transferred yet.

0 STAR. 0 STAR

Very bad service, and no one give a crap about you and your service. All the call centre is whole joke. And no one can do something you required. No one cares. If you want insurance. Go somewhere else

Read more reviews - page 2See all AAMI Car Insurance reviews

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Wendy0707
Wendy0707asked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How do you decide who is at fault for collision

Fiona
Fiona

It goes by the road laws. For example, if the other person was supposed to give way and you were already in the intersection, then the other person is at fault.

Angelito
Angelito

Hi Wendy! Well it depends if you think fault of the other party, of course they will fight for you but it needs justification. Proof thanks

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensive
UnderwriterAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled
Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)
Towing Costs Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled
Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incident
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Lock and Key ReplacementNot Included
Transit Cover Not Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500 per claim
New-for-old Car Replacement

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not Applicable