AAMI Car Insurance - Comprehensive

AAMI Car Insurance - Comprehensive

Shane

Shane

Fantastic response to our car accident

A young guy reversed into our car and damaged the front badly. We contacted AAMI expecting an issue as we had no proof and could have been accused of us causing a rear end. They were fantastic to action repairs immediately with no excess charged. Very pleasantly surprise with loads of updates and info on status of claim and repairs.

Car ModelToyota Kluger GSU50R Grande

Sean

SeanSydney, NSW

Impressed with AAMI's handling of a claim

I completed an exhaustive analysis on which insurerer to go with. AAMI were mid table on premium alone, 20% more expensive than the cheapest. The main reason I paid a premium to go with AAMI was their reputation for paying out on valid claims. Within two weeks of having my insurance I was side swiped by a truck. Within an hour of the accident, and my confirmation of the driver at fault, AAMI had covered my claim, and had booked my car in to get assessed the next morning! This reduced the stress of a collision considerably. I recieved my car back, repairs were first class on my metallic paint Mercedes-Benz.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz E-Class E250 CDI W212
Claim DateOctober 2019
S G

S GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor policy

AAMI will charge your excess in advance regardless of who is at fault in contrary to all other insurance companies. They will be reluctant to investigate who is at fault because obviously they changed you the excess already, so why bother.

Erle W.

Erle W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Can't do enough for you!

I have been insured by AAMI for around 20 years and had a few claims, not all my fault, but had 2 write offs due to flood damage. No questions, just fixed and paid out. They may not have been always as quick as I would have liked, but there were no problems, all fixed. The preferred window repairer shafted me, so I will not go near O'Brien's again, but AAMI deserves five stars. Looking at other reviews, there are 2 sides to every story, but AAMI has always been great for communication and support.

Claim DateJanuary 2019

Hein

Hein

Bad service

My wife car was damaged while she went in to get a coffee when we took the car in to AAMI they repaired some of the damage but left scratches on bumper bar
Sorry that is not our problem you will need to put in another claim
The car is only new what a redicilous attitude I am going to insure somewhere else
The panelbeater offered to fix for free but this is not the right attitude you are insured for a accident not half the car

Car ModelMitsubishi Triton
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Worst insurance company

My car was subject to hail damage. AAMI wrote off the car and did not inform me. This meant that I was driving an un-roadworthy car for an entire month. It was not until VicRoads called me did I receive my formal notice.

To kick me while I was done they also held me accountable for the remaining 9 months of my insurance policy despite the fact that I no longer had a care nor was I able to transfer the policy over to another vehicle.

I was with AAMI for 5 years and the first claim I make they stab me in the back.

I would never recommend the company to anyone else.

Car ModelSubaru Liberty 6GEN 2.5i
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2019

Kudzi G.

Kudzi G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Difficult to get documents requested

I have been requesting for receipts for the payment I made for my insurance for more than a week and the answer I am told is they have to request from the back office.

Car ModelHolden Astra

Car ModelToyota Aurion
Zaxon

Zaxon

Faultless Experience

I've had my vehicles insured with AAMI for about 10 years now, solely because they've given me the cheapest quotes. Whenever I've had a claim, they've always looked after me. I inherently distrust insurance, since their job is to wiggle out of paying your claims, but I've never found that to be a problem with AAMI.

The icing on the cake, is that I had a repair done several years ago, but the paint is flaking. The original repairer has gone out of business. AAMI has paid for me to go to a new repairer with their repair guarantee. I couldn't have asked for better service.

I would definitely recommend them for car insurance.

Been an easy ride

Prompt , friendly, excellent customer service in regards to accidental car damage and repairs. I have been with this company for around 30 years now and I have been very happy with AAMI during this time.

Car ModelToyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Auto

Tess B

Tess B

Really useless insurance

I put a claim in April with AAMI after my car was hit by another car.
6 months later I am still waiting for something to happen. Every time I call I am referred around to many different departments, no one calls back when they say they will and my car still isnt repaired.
I am never bothering to comprehensively insure with them again.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelJeep Cherokee
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateApril 2019

AAMI, worst insurer

Hi,
I am just warning anyone with a new or near new prestige vehicle with an AAMI comprehensive insurance.
AAMI does not have a preferred repairer capable of repairing a prestige vehicle that has been involved in any major accident that requires a major repair that includes welding panels.
AAMI will allow the vehicle to be repaired disregarding what the manufacture specify.
They will cut corners on the repair to save money.
Please do yourself a favour and pick an insurer that has a choice of repairer and don't make the same mistake I did.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class

Simon M

Simon MSydney

Very Professional

Made me feel extremely at ease. Very professional, easy process. What could’ve been very stressful was very painless. Highly recommended. Most people only leave reviews when they’ve had bad experiences, so I think AAMI’s score is unjustified.

Car ModelHyundai Tuscon

AMD

AMDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best Insurance company I have dealt with

I had to make a claim on my car. The girl on the phone made it seem very easy. They booked the mechanic the next day. They even paid for my cab home. They are a great company to deal with

Car ModelToyota Camry

Unlucky to be with AAMI

Claim MadeNo
Neil Odonnell

Neil OdonnellPerth, WA

No Fault claim Car Repairable write off with no communication

Car was reversed into whilst parked. Used my insurance company AAMI as thought it would be quicker and easier to deal with. After one call car was taken, after missing a call, I returned the call back to AAMI only to find car had been written off. Totally gutted as car was great little car with minimal damage (but deemed uneconomical to repair) only used once a week and cared for carefully from nearly new. Communication was terrible (Sorry non existent) and was not even offered the chance to pay the extra $800 to fix the car. Now i have to find a car with cost and inconvenience to myself. Lucky I was with AAMI

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019

JosieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What an excellent industry and service!!!! Coming from a non-customer whom as a courtesy had her car fixed!

I am not a member of AAMI insurance, but after what they did for me, things may change in the future. They were truly marvellous and I cannot express gratitude enough.
My car was accidentally swiped by another driver. Details were passed and I was informed AAMI would take care of the damage. This in itself shows that AAMI customers are some of the most secure and happy. And, BOY!, did they take care of it, not only did they do a brilliant job on my car, but they patched up some scratches, I had done myself on it months earlier, and that was not even part of the accident. They called it as a courtesy, I call it Brilliant Service!!! I also call it living up to the fantastic values they set out to follow.

Hardy

HardyNew South Wales

AAMI is the best insurance company ever dealt with

My car was stolen recently. Contacted AAMI and the response I received was excellent. The customer care executive was very kind and polite. She organised a rental car for me. They gave me genuine updates when I contacted them. My car was written off and AAMI transferred the agreed amount of money to my account with out delay. I recommend AAMI to my friends and family.

Car ModelToyota RAV4
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Terry

TerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away from AAMI

I have been with AAMI for last 5 years, and last month lodged my first claim. The claim lodged on 19th of June, and now it's 23rd of July, I haven't got any updates from AAMI, called several times and representative said will need to contact assessment officer who is only person to proceed the assessment, but even representative can't get the line connected, called this officer again and of course no luck to get through.

Car ModelMazda CX-9 TC Azami AWD, 2.5L Petrol
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019

Brad T.

Brad T.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Do not get AAMI to insure anything you own!

3 weeks ago my partner was in a car accident
With my new born baby.
The other driver was at fault
His insurance company is aami
They refuse to look at the car and are making things extremely difficult to get our brand new family car back on the road!!
What is wrong with these companies????
They take everyone’s money and don’t do the job they are supposed to do!
Please use any other insurance company
Stay away from AAMI