Adam Internet

Adam Internet

1.6

• Adequate Speeds Yes (25%) · No (75%)

Adam let down by iinet

Have been with Adam for nearly 2 decades as only solution to very slow dial up was their WiMax. Had great local service and product - until iinet took over (TPG). Left us as legacy cases with no direct access to Adam, no interest in Adam clients, no offers to upgrade and had to ring them to finally get transferred to Adam personnel. WiMax is now extremely slow. I'm swapping to Spintel as iinet and TPG not interested in keeping clients. Feel sorry for the Adam staff who get no funding or support from the owners

Start DateJanuary 2004
Data TypeUnlimited Data
S. McMartin

S. McMartinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not go with Adam Internet for email hosting

Over the time we’ve been with poor Adam internet, we have lost thousands of dollars in lost business. On a regular basis we cannot send and receive emails, and when it happened one time it went for 6 days. Their customer service doesn’t give a damn, every time I have wanted a manager to call me and explain why this constantly happens, that has never happened. So over it, so bye bye useless Adam Internet.

Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
mrspot234

mrspot234Adelaide

Email account passwords stopped working

Email account passwords just stopped working one day. They don't provide technical support on weekends, numerous other promises from iinet that Adam would call back with one hour+ wait times and they never call back.

Start DateJanuary 2004

khan

khanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

stolen the account, charges, no help

my wife stopped using it more than 5 years. Suddenly account has been stolen and reopen, the company didnt help much to resolve the problem. money keep charged again again. I have no trust on this company

Chas

ChasAdelaide

Not keeping to what they say.

Adequate Speeds Yes
Contract Type24-month contract
Ann Noyed

Ann NoyedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not even a joke, stressful and relentlessly unreliable on all levels- I feel trapped

Long long time customers of Adam then iinet. Very frustrated since iiNet took over, Internet drops out regularly and phone issues. Been on their list waiting for NBN for probably nearly 2 years. Still receiving disconnection warning letters, emails and txt that we need to decide which company we are choosing to go with for NBN...so stressful and unprofessional. They just can't manage to connect us to NBN and today no one showed for connection appointment, this was the fourth try. Talking to customer service seems like you get somewhere but NOTHING changes. Have businesses and life caught up with email addresses otherwise would have been out of there when iiNet took over. Have no idea how to escape...

Stellar

Stellar

Good internet service but poor customer service

NBN connection has been smooth and mostly problem free. However we have had an issue with our billing as the sign-up incentive has not been applied and customer service has been very slow to rectify this. I am considering moving service as there are other providers offering more competitive rates for new customers.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Bluebag

BluebagMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Customer Service poor

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

How you kill a great Adelaide company

Joosy

JoosyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible, awful non-existent customer service and internet

Adam Internet are awful. The connection drops out multiple times a day. I have now been charged for extra data which I haven't received. Trying to get in touch with someone to sort out the problem is ridiculous. I keep getting put through to iiNet but it's nothing to do with them because my invoice is with Adam.

No internet no help

Have no internet. Adam tells me it’s state wide. Have internet with Adam at home and it works. Call again told they will sort it up to 48hrs. No worries I will shut my business down for 2 days. Then told me to ring Telstra. Not sure why I don’t have any products with Telstra. When I told them if Telstra is the problem they should sort it out with them as I don’t have any accounts with them they said they can’t help and hung up. Rang Telstra said not their issue I have no account with them. Still no internet. 4 hours of phone calls no help. Lucky Optus dropped off a modem and sim to get me through the 48 hrs!!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

So bad and we can't even contact them to get it fixed.

Days of no connection and we can't even get to contact anyone to resolve. Numerous attempts via phone result in ringing out, Then tried an email message and the auto response is try to phone! We are paying for a service we can't receive. Think we have no choice but to change providers. Who runs this show - they should be made to resign.

Rho S

Rho S

CONSTANT TROUBLE! SO ANNOYING

If they're are not debiting more money than you owe from your account then they're delivering horrible customer service. You'll find yourself constantly calling due to one problem or another. When your call is picked, even the service member places you on hold more times than can be counted. And don't even get me started on how faulty IT ALWAYS IS. I feel like at least twice a month I'm calling to complain about something. So annoying.

Customer service comparable only to Faulty Towers and Monty Python

The CS is about as effective as a monkey with a telephone. In fact I'd rather speak to the monkey.

Are is there actually anyone who knows English in this company? A clear example of the flaws of globalisation.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Sean M

Sean MAdelaide

Get more mobile data

Posted via my mobile data because the connection cut out for the fourth time today (it's 10am). inet destroys all.

Mellie

MellieAdelaide

Totally agree with all the bad reviews!

I apparently have NBN which is supposed to be super good isnt it? There is hardly a day goes by that I don't have to reset my modem because my internet has cut out. I have a security camera that relies on the internet to work and currently my house is unprotected as I am at work and, as usual, the internet has dropped out and I am not there to reset the modem. I will be switching this week probably to TPG unless anyone can give me a better recommendation?

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

the worst experence in my life can not wait to cancel

andydownunder

andydownunder

All the other bad reviews are false.. IT IS WORSE than they say

Since install in 2015 we had continuous sporadic service. Now in 2017 the service everyday ( for months) from 3pm til late is useless. I suspect it is overloaded with customers streaming movies/gaming etc. So my as a sole trader, my business emails such as invoicing etc waits til 10pm.. or I don't get paid.

At this moment I am using my phone as a hotspot and wow.. instant intenet. DO NOT sign up to this service. It is no good.I suggest up your phone data plan and take your internet any where and it's probably cheaper.

Gibbering Madman

Gibbering MadmanSouth Australia, 5159

Absolute joke.

Pablo

PabloMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Way too difficult since iiNet has been involved

If you're an Adam customer everything is difficult on the phone with iiNet. Only certain staff can assist Adam customers and 'Legacy' computer systems must be accessed by staff which takes time. In addition the 'Adam' staff work different hours than iiNet staff. With luck I will be moving away from Adam soon.

Jojjomm

Jojjommasked

I live in the lower part of Flagstaff Hill (closer to Darlington) we have not been able to get internet, through any provider, in the 10 years we've lived here due to the exchange being too far away (Brighton), old infrastructure, copper lines, no ports available. Every excuse you could think of. My Dad has noticed that a few people in our street have WiMAX but I just called iiNet and they've told me that I can't get it!? He said that someone had called earlier today and wanted to get in contact with Adam Legacy and maybe I should try that too, although he couldn't tell me anything about them. Sorry to sound so stupid but what is Adam Legacy? And is there anyone living in the lower part of flagstaff hill that has decent internet?

I can get wireless home broadband from Optus which uses the same tower as our mobile's so technically it should work well. $70 for 50gb, which is fine for me but not my entire family.

I appreciate your feedback because I'm going fricken insane!!!

Dobby
Dobby

Hi, try NuSkope. They are a south Australian company and people I know that use are very happy.
If they can't help try "uniti wireless". On there sight they look good. I am in happy valley Aberfoyle park side and at this stage I am just out of their range.

mandy.keane.35

If you had Adam Internet before the iinet takeover you would now belong to Adam Legacy, if not then Adam Legacy will be no help to you at all. I suppose you have tried Telstra?

Dana
Dana

Hi I live in Flagstaff Hill closer to Darlington and have WiMax with Adam, it was great till iiNet took over been trying to get help for padt 2 weeks no phone calls back at all, no service or support! Have contacted Nu scope and they have coverage for our area and they sre South Australian co. Going to terminate our contract as soon as get the call and sign up with NuScope!

Steve

Steveasked

Notice lot of dissatisfaction with Adam. Which provider are people switching to?

Funkyshoes
Funkyshoes

Sadly I live in an area with very few options, we are too far away from any exchange to get a good connection and the infrustructure is so sub par that nobody will do a land connection. I did originally try to sign up with Internode but they advised they would not promise a good service in my area. Basically I live in Adelaide and can not get a decent internet service. I am looking into other options though.

Scooterman
Scooterman

Sorry Steve, I don't know what to do....I don't want to change my e-mail address but I'm totally dissatisfiedf with adam's non existent help desk. I believe that I may have NBN in Blackwood by about June....I figure I will try and get by with this lousy service until then. When I did get to talk to an adam tech guy he sympathised with me and told me that I could keep my email with them for I think it was $25 per year...I don't want to pay more than I do now and super speed and huge data allowance is not what I need so when we are forced to take on NBN I'll look at other ISP deals and take on the adam e-mail only offer, then as the time goes on try and change my e-mail over to the new ISP one at a time...and finally bin my adam e-mail..

Ollie
Ollie

I was with Adam for 6.5 years, now with Internode Internet based in the city (Adelaide). Been with them for 6 months and very happy with the contract for the net and a full phone service. It's a 24 month contract.

terry

terryasked

is adam still a south aust. company?

ShariKa
ShariKa

Their headquarters are in Adelaide http://www.adam.com.au/contact

lffoar
lffoar

Headquarters may well be in Adelaide but Helstra bought the business out so it's now owned and operated by them

mandy.keane.35

Adam Internet no longer exists (more the pity) they were a fabulous company run by two brothers but since iinet got hold of it it has gone downhill fast

Other Internet Service Providers