Adria Altea

Adria Altea Questions & Answers

402PH, 432PX, 552PK and 552UP

57 questions from our users

We have a brand new 552up and the water stops working when hooked up on town water and we keep losing hot water

Hi guys, does anyone know where I can purchase a sliding fly screen door as shown on page 53 of my 2008 users manual. Anyone? I’ve had no luck here in Australia.

We have an Adria Adora Sports caravan with 2, 4 kilo has bottles. Can we replace them for 9kg bottles? Why were 4 kg gas bottles used?
I’m not sure why only 4kg bottles, but I have two x 9kg in my Altea 552PK

How can I remove stuck plastic water heater cover from the outside of Adria van?

Any suggestions for an easy way to change the sheets of the front double bed which is in the corner. We’ve tried taking the mattress out but as we are in our 70s it’s a bit of a struggle, we’ve also tried pulling the mattress on the window side up and slipping the edge of the sheet over, then laying it down and then lifting up the mattress on the en-suite side and slipping the sheet over. We then drop the mattress and tuck in bits the best we can. Darn hard work, so if any one can share their secrets we would be most greatful. Regards Di and Sal
All corner double beds are a pain no matter what make. I tend to just use a fitted sheet over the mattress and then just use cotton type sleeping bags.. Easier than constantly having to change sheets. We have a 2006 Adria since new with this problem. Our next van will definitely have twin beds. Apart from this hiccup, the van is faultless!! I hope this hint helps.Thanks Tally H, will look in to your suggestion. I don’t mind sleeping bags but my partner finds them claustrophobic. But sometimes needs must prevail.Here is the bedding I've made for the caravan . It consists of two doona covers and one sheet . there is 5 cm of foam in the bottom doona cover which is also the bottom sheet and it is sewn to the top sheet leaving the openings for removal for washing . the doona also can be attached to the bottom bedding so that nothing moves in the night. In the  morning the bedding can be rolled up and becomes cushions on the daybed ..then in the night ,when we want to go to bed ,we just roll down the bedding and hop in . this was $800 online but $100 to make it yourself ....what do you think?

buying an adria altea 512 2010 model and have a 2.5 metre carport is it going to fit under?

What is the best size battery to use and size gas bottle

Hi guys, i just bought a 2008 432px cheap with some missing parts. Im trying to work out whats missing, please help me complete the puzzle
Hi Brett we have a 2011 model, can you be a bit more specific, with what you feel could be missing. Eg we had no jack turns out we needed to purchase brackets for the axels also a couple of problems with the hitch. Needed new pads. You might also find it beneficial to join the Adrea club.

I need a wiring diagram for a Adria altea 552 pk caravan
I obtained one for my Adria 402PH from Apollo, the Australian importers of Adria.

What size sail track do Adria use on a 2010 model Altea 512? Garrick

Does anyone know where to buy or get repairs to the front protective covers of ALTEA 552pk in Oz. We have one but it's deteriorated and looks shabby, tho it still functions. Thinking about fixing or replacing but can't find any info on ordering or cost? We rang a few caravan canvas, annex repair places but they didn't want to know about repairing, any suggestions?

I would like to use my solar panel to charge the battery through the 12 pin plug. Is this a good idea? What's the usual set up for solar on these caravans. My solar is a portable panel. Regards, Don.
Hi Don, I haven’t set up a solar panel system yet, as it hasn’t been necessary. I think the most common method is through an Anderson plug. However, using your 12 pin plug is worth considering. Make sure you have a proper charge controller though. I suggest you put the question ot there on some other caravan forums, for example, Everything Caravan and Camping. Regards, BuppaHi Don, although it can be done, I would not recommend using the twelve pin plug to attach your solar for two reasons:- 1. The wires from your 12 pin trailer plug do not go direct to the van battery, they go thorough some smarts in the caravan (called a habitation relay) which automatically disconnects all the 12V loads in the van when there's power to the trailer plug, and only lets the car charge the van battery and run the fridge. This is a requirement so that any problems with the electrics in the van won't affect electronic safety features in the car. When you plug your solar into the 12 pin plug instead of the car it doesn't know the difference so the same thing happens, the battery will charge but you can't use any of the 12V electrics in the caravan such as lights! 2. The wires from the 12 pin plug are quite long and quite small (2.5mm2), which increases resistance and the losses from your solar. To get the best performance from your solar the wire run should be as short as possible, and using as heavy gauge wire as practical (I use 6mm2 external to the van and 10mm2 inside). For these two reasons it is better to connect your solar direct to the battery terminals rather than through the 12 pin trailer socket. You can use an Anderson plug to easily plug and unplug, and will also need a suitable fuse in the circuit, and a solar charge controller as unregulated solar from anything but the smallest of panels will overcharge the battery and kill it pretty quickly.

Hi, on my 552up the corrugated hose from the fold down sink is cracked and leaking. Any thoughts on how to repair it? Is it possible to remove the panel below the sink to gain access to the pipe. Mike H

Please help we can not run our fridge on gas or battery so any idea what to do? Many thanks

Hi we have purchased a 2014 Adria Altea 432px and we are gradually working things out, however can't seem to work out how to stop the water from running out the outside tap inlet. When we have the hose connected to it and running the water in all good, however when we take it off the water starts running out. The valve under the bed is horizontal like it says so water doesn't empty out, however it still runs out and when the pump is on pumps straight out there. If anybody has any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Check the fuse on the hot water system.Hi Colette, Did you manage to fix this? Same is happening to me. Cheers Zoe

Have just purchased 2014 Adria Altea 432px, how do we get the water to run out of taps or into the Truma pump?

Hi, we don’t ha e any solar power to turn the main lights on. Battery is charging and fuses are fine. We stopped, flushed toilet then nothing. Any ideas?

How difficult is it to put a grey water tank on to a Adria 552PK van? Where would I get a tank from? Are there any problems that I should be aware of?
I put a 45 Ltr tank on my 402 PH as if was the biggest one I could fit into the space available- it was a tight squeeze with only mm’s to spare. I had it placed at rear of axle and works well. Had to reroute normal drainage but wasn’t a major issue You shouldn’t have a problem with 552 PK being a bigger van. The guy I used is in Gold Coast and I would thoroughly recommend them but not sure where you are. If you use someone to fit it make sure the measure the space available on the van before ordering this sidebar my guy did. Hope this helps.Cheers David!

Can you get a silage hose pack for a 552pk? Or do I have to make one up. Thanks
Hi Corey. I bought an "Adria sullage kit" from my supplying dealer for $56 when I got the caravan. It consisted of three fittings that plugged into the caravan's grey water outlets, and subsequently combined into one long spiral reinforced hose, all in a "the hose bag" bag. I'm pretty sure they made it up themselves from standard components. They could probably send you one if you can't find it locally - Cara-Spares Perth, 08 9493 5557.

Get an answer from our members and Adria representatives