Affordable Living Homes

Affordable Living Homes

Excellent Service From Day One!!

Our Sales Rep, Carlo Coelho from day one, he had my back and supported me through multiple hiccups along the way. Now I own a home thanks so much to him!

Construction End DateFebruary 2018

Good Builder - Exciting experience during construction stage

Overall experience with this company was good. From start to key handover, it only took them around 5 ½ months including the 2weeks break during Christmas season to build our home. Our agent Todd is always there to answer all our questions and will always try his best to find solutions to every issues that may arise.

With regards to build quality, I think it’s too early to tell as we only moved in a month ago. Although during our first PCI, there are already a few things we noticed that could have been rectified before they present the house to the owner. Like for example, all the kitchen cupboard handles have scratches that’s obvious. I’m not sure whether they will replace it if ever the client didn’t notice it during PCI. Another thing is when we turn on the AC in the Master’s BR, the kitchen AC also turns on. These are just minor glitch that can be corrected during the 6 months maintenance period and something ALH can still improve in the future.

Couple of things that really disappoints me, firstly is during the tile installation they informed me that our selected tile for the living area is not available and was advised to go back to the store and select a new one. The scheduled tile installation is Monday, they called me Friday afternoon. Due to this very short noticed, we’ve chosen tile colour that is not matching to our original colour theme.
Secondly, they engaged a contractor named Compass Communications to install our communications package. Funny thing is this company has “Communications” in their company name but can’t even manage to set up their own website or even a facebook page. After our key handover, this company sent one of their guys to setup our NBN cabling without notifying me. Good thing is my brother happens to be at the property that’s why the technician was able to come in. After my internet provider confirmed that they already transferred my internet services to the new house, the data point in the garage which is connected directly to the NBN box is working ok, but the data points inside the house are not. We’ve done everything (with the help of the Iinet technical support person) just to make it work and she confirmed that the problem is within the internal wiring. So have to call Compass Communications to check. They sent their technician back to the property and charged me an easy $132.00 for a call-out fee. (Sorry Affordable Living Homes for posting my feedback for Compass Communications to this review since they don’t have any website or even FB page.)

Going back to ALH, overall I believed they did a great job. Well done.

Construction End DateMarch 2019

Determined & Efficient

Our experience with Affordable Living was a life saver! After having a lot of trouble with another home group - Nick Gleeson came to us and he promised to get us into our home. True to the fact he delivered. Nick was adamant and determined to get us into our home from day 1. Always checking in and never 'beating around the bush' with information - he consistently kept us up to date with where things were at.

There were minimal and minor defects which were resurrected ASAP and didn't delay the move in date - A real credit to the way Ryan McWhirter supervised our construction :)
My partner and I are very happy with the home we had built for us and the experience with Affordable Living Homes.

I would highly recommend Affordable Living and Nick Gleeson to family, friends and anyone looking to build their home :)

Construction End DateJune 2018

Made me feel at ease in acquiring a house!

Cale Henderson thank you very much for taking me through the whole process of helping me own a house. When I met you the first thing I told you is that I needed honesty in the whole issue which you proved to me. You were always there for me when I didn’t know what I was doing I would ask you the same question over and over but you would answer me with a smile on your face, Picked my calls and sorted things when I didn’t know how to. Being a migrant in Australia you made me feel at ease in acquiring a house. God bless you and continue with the good work. Affordable living thank you too I thought it would take a year for me to own a house but 5months is unbelievable thank you again. Ryan Mcwhiter you are a great supervisor very humble and thorough.Kudos and God bless.

Construction End DateOctober 2018

highly recommended

Amazing experience with affordable living , they informed every detail , every step of the way .Thank you so much affordable living to achieve our dream of building our home. AFFORDABLE LIVING are highly recommended .JOB WELL DONE

Construction End DateDecember 2018

Highly recommended

Adam Strauch is very good and help us a lot. From the start until the final completion of the construction of our home. He is very accommodating for all of our questions. We also like to thank Ms. Leah for answering our questions a huge thank you for both of you.
All in all Affordable living is highly recommended.

Construction End DateSeptember 2018

Couldn’t be happier!!

From the time I first met Nick Gleeson I knew that he was head and shoulders above all of the other building reps that I’d previously met, and I had met quite a few.

He explained how Affordable Living went about its processes and the quality of materials they use. I have built homes previously but so far this is by far, the best build and experience I’ve had. I’ve completed my inspections and know what to look for but the supervisor was that onto it I could barely find a fault.

Thank you to everyone at Affordable Living, I would highly recommend them as a builder.

Build StageMid-Construction

Do yourself a favour and build with Nick

I had built on 2 previous occasions and never been completely satisfied with the entire process. I would like to say it was 3rd time lucky but from start to finish my consultant Nick G was amazing. Even now that I have been in my home for a long time, I still can’t fault anything and I would 100% recommend Nick and the entire team at Affordable Living Homes if you are considering building.

Construction End DateDecember 2015

I'm very satisfied how they do it!!!

Im very thankfull to adam who is supportive, you can call him any time,
Leah for the selections and entire affordable living team.From the start to end ,Im very satisfied.

Construction End DateOctober 2018

Highly Recommended

Went well starting from meeting with Adam Strauch and even after 6 months of living in our new home. This guy is very supportive, always looking after us, asking “how are you?”, “any problems?”, etc. If we have any issues, he’s always there to help and resolve.
You nailed it, Adam! Great job!

Construction End DateAugust 2018

When dream comes to reality

Building our own home is always been our dream. But the process of how and where to we start always overwhelmed us.

But not until we meet Adam Strauch and the entire team of Affordable Living who tirelessly helped and made our dream comes into reality.

Adam positive energy influence us that we can make it happened. He always have the answers to our questions and make sure he returns every calls he missed ASAP. His committment and dedication to his craft is unfailing.

And I wouldn’t miss this opportunity to thanked Britanny Barradean who exceed our expectation when she helped us on our colour selection day. She was as prompt as Adam in answering all emails sent. She was vey helpful in sharing her own recommendations and suggestions. Her knowledge and expertise helped us in making decisions in the areas when we are in doubt and unsure.

We couldn’t thank them enough for the times they answers all our queries, made the changes we wanted for our home, guide us through paperworks and most of all made themselves available when we need them.

If we will be building another home in the future no doubt we will still come to them and specifically choose the same team because we knew that they will take care of us down to the very last bit of help we need.

Construction End DateAugust 2018

Satisfied and Happy

I'm very happy to build my own house with Affordable Living and many thanks to the great guy Adam Strauch, he is such a nice and responsive person to deal with, from the start, finance approval to key hand over. It will not be happened without your full support Adam, your the man. And would like to thanks also to Leah and Jaymee for helping me on color selection and Jarrad the site engineer to finish the house on time frame. Again a big thanks to the whole team of Affordable Living Homes.

Build StagePost-Construction

Extremely happy with the building experience.

I was extremely happy with my building experience and how well nick Gleeson was always there for me to ask questions and to put any concerns I had to rest. I was also very happy with my customer service with jarred as well with out pci meetings and thank You to Leanne and sue for all your help and to Elisha for our pre start I can thank you all enough.

Construction End DateMay 2018

Absolutely, No doubt Affordable Living Homes the best when it comes to building your new home!

All goes very smooth from the sales consultant Adam Strauch who's very supportive and kind always ready to answer our calls..A big thanks to the girls who helped us in our color selection meeting to Marissa Ocumen thank you for your help in our color selection.To Jarrad, Sue and Leanne thank you there were always there when i need them.

Construction End DateOct 2018

Satisfaction and Happiness Overload

I think Affordable Living Homes is the name when it comes to Building your dream home come true. Being said that All the staff are helpful on any issue you want to know. Especially Adam Strauch, Adam you're the man i cant thank you enough for all the help you've given me from the start to finish. Adam Berezowski my site supervisor thanks a lot man you're always there just to make sure of the quality of the building process. And the two beautiful ladies Kimberley and Brittany thank you so much guys. It's a lovely experience dealing with you and more power to you guys. The whole team of Affordable Living Homes THANK YOU!!!!

Construction End DateOct 2018

Wonderful, great from start to finish.

Affordable living homes were great to deal with right throughout the process from start to finish, many thanks to Nick Gleeson who helped and supported us through all the decision making process, as this part can be very daunting, could not be happier with the finished product. Enjoying our first home is a dream come true. We would do it all again with Affordable living homes.

Construction End DateJul 2018

First Home Buyer/Builder

After looking at numerous builders, I was recommended to go to Affordable Living through a colleague and I can see why. After hearing about friends and families their stressful first time building experiences I can honestly say mine was completely positive. From the little conveniences such as not having to pay the mark up cost if you wanted to upgrade your flooring and window fixtures like other builders (only having to pay the difference of the allowance directly to the supplier) made the process very cost effective. Our Building Consultant Nick Gleeson did an excellent job ensuring we had the perfect home for what our budget was. He was upfront with extra costs we would incur throughout the build such as the curb bond to the council, so financially we were always ahead.

Kim, who did our pre-start with us was lovely and very helpful with some of the choices and made sure we didn't rush any decisions.

Our Site Supervisor Ryan ensured the quality of the build, so much so that when it came to our six month maintenance we hardly had no cracking whatsoever to the home. He kept us in the loop with the progress and was happy to take our calls with any questions.

After nine months in now having gone through summer and winter, we couldn't be anymore happier with the standard and design of our house.

Thank you to the whole team for our dream first home!

Construction End DateDec 2017

Finally achieved my goal

l didn't have anything else to compare but the workmanship on my build was of a high standard. My build was managed to the highest standards Jarrad is fantastic. Leanne Range and Sue Gough are amazing they put up with my erratic behaviour as this was my first build. Adam Stauch went above and beyond to assist me getting into my own home, l can't thank him enough, l am forever grateful to him.

Construction End DateJul 2018

Perfect first home

My first home is just how I pictured it would be if not better.
Dash, Emma, Ryan and Cathy were all so lovely very friendly and helpful there were no silly questions.
Top customer service from everyone great communication throughout the whole process and the Affordable Living app is fantastic.
The quality of my build is of a high standard I’m very happy with my new home.
Thank you to all the team.

Construction End DateMay 2018

Thank you to Affordable Living for our first home and thank you to Adam Strauch for making this poss

I cannot fault our agent Adam Strauch. He was there for us in every step of the way - he was patient, understanding, he was extremely helpful and he was very quick to answer any and all questions we had. Whenever we had a problem, his answer is always “leave it to me, I’ll take care of it” and it would be fixed. We just felt we were in great hands. We could contact him at any time and he would reply, what he always say is he’s like a 7/11, you can reach him 24/7.
With the actual build of our house, we went to visit our house at least 3 times a week and there was a point where 3 weeks would pass and nothing was happening. There’s another house in another street also under Affordable Living and they were really behind from us, we were already on our shower screens and mirrors and they had just reached lock up and yet we finished at the same time. That’s the only thing we had problems with, we feel that they could have finished our house maybe a month or so sooner if there wasn’t periods of time where nothing was happening.

Construction End DateJun 2018

Hi guys, how much deposit you gave to affordable living? Is it 2,500? 1,500 for house and 1,000 for land? And if ever the loan didn't approved will we able to refund the deposit that we gave?
Hi. Yes $1500 for plans. $1000 for land deposit. Pretty sure that if finance fell that we would only get the $1000 from land back but not the building plan deposit.$1500 for home deposit, $2000 land you cant get refund on the home deposit but the land you can!My question is why would you want to get a refund for the building plan?

can anyone tell me the rough build time for affordable living? saw some recent coments of a year from when titles are released i was hoping around 9 months?
been told 27 weeks give or take so whatever that works out to in monthsNo chance. My house, they said 9 months. Their contract is 260 working days, which is 12 months. That is after taking the building permit, which they keep right to 45 working days. At the moment, I am stuck without being able to get council approval. Because, they did not refer to DAP before signing my building contract. They are not honest or reliable. If you have not sign a contract with them, stay away from them

Hi guys, this is my first time building and I just can't decide who to go with. I've done the rounds but I can't decide between Homestart and Affordable Living. Now I've read reviews on all of them and I can see both has their fair share of negative feedback, however I also understand that most people who have had a good experience tend not to share it, you know the old sales anecdote when you make a customer happy they tell one person, piss them off they tell 10. I know there are potentially better companies out there however they are not able to offer me as much due to my budget. To be honest with you both the reps at these companies have gone above and beyond to help me, I know they want the commission but they seem to be very upfront (one even talking me out of spending more money!). I already have a block, I just need to work out who to build with.. The designs themselves are pretty similar and around the same price. Any advise?
Hi, I think most poor reviews and experiences are because expectations are not set properly. The first thing people need to realise is that when you visit a display home, it includes all the trimming - the most you can pay for the house. When you sign up, you're paying for the bare minimum, so make sure you are aware of this. The second thing I will tell you is that the process of building a home involves many different people - the sales person will promise you the World, but usually can't deliver on a few of those things - make sure you have any promises written down. Then you meet your pre-start (or start-up) person to discuss your furnishings and any additions - make sure you do your homework on what extras you may want beforehand because these meetings are long and overwhelming. It is the only opportunity you get to customize your house without having to pay for the 'change'. Any other changes you need to pay a fee. ...tbc...Then you have your account manager who sits in an office all day and has no idea about the building process and is generally useless or unhelpful - their job is to maximise the money they make on your house and minimise your contact with the site supervisor - I've heard of some building companies who refuse to let you meet your site supervisor (Celebrations, for example) - this is not good. Then you finish up with your site supervisor - this is the person you want to be your best friend. Most good ones will do what they can for you, but in the end they can only do what is on the house plans - they are your 'bible'. If they do something extra for you, get them a carton of beer - they'll look after you all the time from that point on! …tbc…We built with Affordable Living and were happy with the process - our expectations had to be adjusted a few times, and you learn a lot when you build for the first time. Remember - these building companies are the entry-level builders, you're buying a Chery branded house, not a Rolls Royce!

Similar listings