Affordable Living Homes

Construction End DateOctober 2019

Pax Dominic

Pax DominicPerth, WA

The Affordable Living Team was Solid

Thank you to the Affordable Living team for helping us escape the rent trap and get into our first home. Linked us to reliable finance consultant and conveyance team. What I found best was how the Team listened our needs and let us have our own fingerprint into their house design. We trusted the process and the team delivered and we felt they were beside us every step of the way. Communication was solid and that is very important. Again thank you and would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family again.

Construction End DateAugust 2019

Brilliant and incredibly

Affordable has been brilliant and incredibly helpful from the very beginning. Nothing has been too much and every question we have had has been answered with no hesitation etc. Thank you for everything Affordable, you are all amazing.

DeeO

DeeOPerth, WA

Stress-free, impeccable build!

Moved into our home built by Affordable Living in April 2018. Since then, there have been no issues. The selection, pre-start and building process has been stress free. It has been built with the highest degree of care and workmanship, and the quality of our first home is second to none. I would like to especially thank our supervisor, Adam. At any meetings we had with Adam, he was happy to answer all our questions and was very thorough during the PCI meeting. Also, thank you Cathy for promptly answering our queries and being readily available to discuss anything about our build.

I would not hesitate to build through Affordable Living again in the future. Thanks again to the team for making the process stress-free and enjoyable!

Construction End DateApril 2018

Review collected in partnership with Affordable Living Homes

AFFORDABLE LIVING are highly recommended special mention to ADAM STRAUCH a very kind man...JOB WELL DONE !!!

Amazing experience with affordable living , they informed every detail , every step of the way .Thank you so much affordable living to achieve our dream of building our home. Affordable living are highly recommend.

everyone from Affordable Living Homes was so helpful

Thank you so much for our first real home everyone involved was so helpful we just can’t believe how fast our home was completed our kids are so happy we will be moving into our new home soon me and Violet are so happy for the way we monitored the progress through the tracker and inspections were great thank you every one involved in Affordable living.

Construction End DateJanuary 2018

The best experience!

We had the best experience with Affordable Living , thank you for your patience and professionalism. Thank you for giving us opportunity to have our dream house. Thank you and God bless. We will be happy to tell our mates our marvellous experience with Affordable Living.

Construction End DateMay 2018

amazing deal with affordable living

It has been amazing dealing with affordable living. They were very helpful when we had any inquiries and have made building our house so easy. Will definitely recommend to our family and friends Thanks a lot.

Construction End DateDecember 2017

exceptional service and guidance

I was very happy with the process with Affordable Living. Each stage was meet with exceptional service and guidance with all their consultants and supervisors. All questions were answered quickly and friendly. Would highly recommend them to friends and family.

Dreams fulfilled

Thank you very much for all your help to fulfil my dream to have my own house. Especial thank you to Adam Strauch for helping me... You’re a legend mate.

Construction End DateApril 2017

Went far beyond required to get our house

Overall pretty pleased. Ryan is a great asset to the company. He has put up with my moods and stubbornness all through the build. Nick was great and went far beyond required to get me into my home.

Construction End DateFebruary 2018

process went really well

First time builders and the process went really well. Didn’t have any issues with the build at all. Was a very quick process once the slab went down. Thank you!

Construction End DateApril 2018

Very pleased!!!

We are very pleased with the whole process from meeting with Todd, to finance, to the build and now moving in to our first home. Thank you ALH for making our Aussie dream come true.

Construction End DateAugust 2017

Very informative and extremely helpful!

Todd Onofaro was my first point of call. Very informative and extremely helpful with everything I wanted to know. Todd made the initial process very exciting and stress-free. Thank you!

Construction End DateMarch 2017

stress-free experience

The whole team made my experience as a first home buyer enjoyable and stress-free. Nick, in particular, made sure we were getting the best plan for the right price. Thank you so much!

Ray

RayPerth City

Very thankful!

I would like to personally thank the person behind my dream to have my own house to became a reality....big THANKS to Mr. Adam Strauch for everything he had done for me and my family. He was very supportive in every step of the way in building my own house. He was very patient and so easy to talk with in every aspect of the build. I had a bad experience with another builder with my first attempt years ago to build my house that gave me second thoughts in owning one. Not until I met Mr. Strauch, giving me all the details of the plan and build and guided me all the way through the process. In behalf of my family big thanks to Affordable Living Homes and to the main man Mr. Adam Strauch...a top bloke and a friend! Cheers!

Review collected in partnership with Affordable Living Homes

Excellent Service From Day One!!

Our Sales Rep, Carlo Coelho from day one, he had my back and supported me through multiple hiccups along the way. Now I own a home thanks so much to him!

Construction End DateFebruary 2018

Determined & Efficient

Construction End DateJune 2018

Mary Kariuki

Mary KariukiPerth, WA

Made me feel at ease in acquiring a house!

Construction End DateOctober 2018

wanderer23

wanderer23asked

Hi guys, how much deposit you gave to affordable living? Is it 2,500? 1,500 for house and 1,000 for land? And if ever the loan didn't approved will we able to refund the deposit that we gave?

Heidsnpaulie
Heidsnpaulie

Hi. Yes $1500 for plans. $1000 for land deposit. Pretty sure that if finance fell that we would only get the $1000 from land back but not the building plan deposit.

mayanayah
mayanayah

$1500 for home deposit, $2000 land you cant get refund on the home deposit but the land you can!

steve
steve

My question is why would you want to get a refund for the building plan?

chloe09

chloe09asked

can anyone tell me the rough build time for affordable living? saw some recent coments of a year from when titles are released i was hoping around 9 months?

been told 27 weeks give or take so whatever that works out to in months

No chance. My house, they said 9 months. Their contract is 260 working days, which is 12 months.
That is after taking the building permit, which they keep right to 45 working days.
At the moment, I am stuck without being able to get council approval. Because, they did not refer to DAP before signing my building contract. They are not honest or reliable.
If you have not sign a contract with them, stay away from them

Singo88

Singo88asked

Hi guys, this is my first time building and I just can't decide who to go with. I've done the rounds but I can't decide between Homestart and Affordable Living. Now I've read reviews on all of them and I can see both has their fair share of negative feedback, however I also understand that most people who have had a good experience tend not to share it, you know the old sales anecdote when you make a customer happy they tell one person, piss them off they tell 10. I know there are potentially better companies out there however they are not able to offer me as much due to my budget. To be honest with you both the reps at these companies have gone above and beyond to help me, I know they want the commission but they seem to be very upfront (one even talking me out of spending more money!). I already have a block, I just need to work out who to build with.. The designs themselves are pretty similar and around the same price. Any advise?

Hi,
I think most poor reviews and experiences are because expectations are not set properly.
The first thing people need to realise is that when you visit a display home, it includes all the trimming - the most you can pay for the house. When you sign up, you're paying for the bare minimum, so make sure you are aware of this.
The second thing I will tell you is that the process of building a home involves many different people - the sales person will promise you the World, but usually can't deliver on a few of those things - make sure you have any promises written down. Then you meet your pre-start (or start-up) person to discuss your furnishings and any additions - make sure you do your homework on what extras you may want beforehand because these meetings are long and overwhelming. It is the only opportunity you get to customize your house without having to pay for the 'change'. Any other changes you need to pay a fee.
...tbc...

BobsYourUncle

Then you have your account manager who sits in an office all day and has no idea about the building process and is generally useless or unhelpful - their job is to maximise the money they make on your house and minimise your contact with the site supervisor - I've heard of some building companies who refuse to let you meet your site supervisor (Celebrations, for example) - this is not good. Then you finish up with your site supervisor - this is the person you want to be your best friend. Most good ones will do what they can for you, but in the end they can only do what is on the house plans - they are your 'bible'. If they do something extra for you, get them a carton of beer - they'll look after you all the time from that point on!
…tbc…

BobsYourUncle

We built with Affordable Living and were happy with the process - our expectations had to be adjusted a few times, and you learn a lot when you build for the first time.
Remember - these building companies are the entry-level builders, you're buying a Chery branded house, not a Rolls Royce!

Get an answer from our members and Affordable Living Homes representatives