Affordable Living Homes

• Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Ben

Ben Perth, WA

Exceptional quality and great service

Dealt with Nick Gleeson, very patient and happily explained everything a thousand times over. Final product did not disappoint, happy with the house and streamlined process. I recommend Affordable living without any hesitation. Affordable living did meet the time schedule they had forecasted and their emphasis wasn’t so much on a quick build but rather a quality job. Hats off to them

highly recommend! very efficient

We are grateful for Affordable Living esp for ADAM who had helped us with the process of owning our first home. We highly recommend to build with them. They are very efficient in what they do and ever ready to answer our questions and give us support all the way.

Construction End DateOctober 2018
Gilbo B.

Gilbo B.Western Australia

More than what we expect from Nick Gleeson and Affordable Living.

Nick was there guiding us from start to finish and even extending his personal time and help just to get through all the bumps of acquiring a house. With Affordable Living building our dream from the drawing to reality, they handed us a gem. The house stands out with their design and craftmanship. My gratitude to Nick Gleeson and the rest of the team for the awesome work. 5 star is not enough.

Construction End DateApril 2020

Find out how Affordable Living Homes compares to other Home Builders

Very happy with the end product

Thank you for giving me a chance to build with Affordable living. Though the finance stage was very stressful at least it went through and I got the block at the estate I always wanted. I am a happy customer. Very happy with the end product, my house turned out to be what I exactly wished for.

Construction End DateNovember 2018

The best: Affordable Living

Our journey in having our own house was really smooth and went so well.Having Nick Gleeson as our consultant made much a big contribution in fulfilling our dream house.From the very bit of the process,he accompanied us up to the very end of having our keys.Our house design is really much eye-catching so no doubt why few of our friends enchanted and got interested to have their own too.Few of them have already signed under Affordable Living.So best to have Nick and Affordable!

Construction End DateMay 2020
Lana

LanaPerth, WA

Highly recommend Affordable Living

Nick Gleeson was my consultant, the whole process was quick and stress free. I am now a home owner! My mortgage repayments are just abit more then what I would pay in rent. The house is amazing. Cannot fault a thing. Thank you to Nick and the team at Affordable Living

Best Service

Thank you to the Affordable Living team for helping us escape the rent trap and get into our first home. Linked us to reliable finance consultant and conveyance team. What I found best was how the Team listened our needs, lets us have our own fingerprint into their house design. We trust the process and the team was beside us every step of the way. Communication was solid and that is very important. Again thank you and would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family again.

Construction End DateSeptember 2018
Jo Fairall

Jo FairallPerth, WA

They made my dream come true!

I didn't think it was possible! I just turned 50. I'm single and live alone with 2 dogs and rent. Admittedly I have a well paid secure job but no savings, no assets, splurged what I earned and lived well. After a visit with Nick. My dreams came true. Within a year, putting my money away instead of wasting it, my very own home is all mine!

Build StageMid-Construction
Construction End DateOctober 2020

I got the value of my money.

Nick Gleeson help us to find a lot and a house to build that we can afford to pay for the long run. The amount we are paying for our mortgage is the same amount we are paying for our house rent before. It is such a big relief. Thanks to Jarrad as well for helping us after we got our house keys. We don’t know much about house construction but he helps us look into some details that needs to be fixed.

Excellent Customer Service

Construction End DateJuly 2019

We would like to say thank you to all the lovely staff at affordable living, for taking my phone calls the reception, and all the other lovely staff that has helped us with our lovely home. Thank you to nick, Steve, Andy, Cathy, Maddy and all of the other remaining staff that has helped us along this amazing journey that we will cherish in the future. Thank you and I hope you all have an awesome Christmas and happy new year.

Construction End DateJanuary 2019
Vhonani M.

Vhonani M.Perth, WA

Home building

The best experience from the start when I met Nick Gleeson. Thank you Nick for my beautiful home. Everything I wanted. I was so excited when I got my keys now I'm scared to move in because I just wanna look at it the way it is. Love it so much.

Construction End DateApril 2020

highly recommended the company to all friends and family

From the initial fb message I received from nick Gleeson we have had a amazing run throughout our building experience. Everyone was very upfront with everything and nick was very good with us when things got a bit tough and worked with us through it all. As a previous affordable living staff member I can say I was treated extremely well through the process as a client and I highly recommended the company to all friends and family.

Construction End DateMay 2018

Great experience for us to have Affordable Living homes!

It was a great experience for us to have Affordable Living homes as our builder. The staffs are friendly and helpful with the service through the process and they have a great communication between customers which really help through a lot to make our house come true! I will highly recommend them to help and assist you like they did to us.

Jade T.

Jade T.Perth, WA

Very Thankful

From the moment I met Nick Gleeson I knew I was going to be taken care of

First impression is always good for me and I felt comfortable with Nick

Nick explained everything that we needed to know and if we did not understand he always went the extra mile to help us

He said he would stay with us from start to finish and he kept his word

If there was anything that needs to be fixed changed or chased up Nick was always there to sort it out

Im very thankful for the journey we had in building our home

Construction End DateNovember 2019

Find out how Affordable Living Homes compares to other Home Builders

Fantastic process from start to finish

The whole process has been fantastic from start to finish. Affordable have been extremely professional throughout and the communication has been brilliant. Everyone we have dealt with have been great especially Ryan McWhiter who got out build where it needed to be and we couldnt be happier with the end result. We would highly recommend Affordable Living to anyone.

Construction End DateJuly 2018
christopher

christopherPerth, WA

Our build with affordable living

Nick Gleeson was amazing and helped us through the whole process
Any mishaps in building that we picked up in final inspection were fixed within a week
Pretty happy with the whole process including their website which followed the whole build process and even have family members currently building with them
Costing was pretty on point and we got what was expected

Review collected in partnership with Affordable Living Homes

Alex S.

Alex S.Perth, WA

Excellent from start to finish.

Nick Gleeson from Affordable Living was absolutely amazing going the extra mile to getting us into our first home. The whole team at Affordable Living were so brilliant and professional. The house actually exceeded our expectations on quality. Most importantly a company that takes pride in providing a great product/service.

Construction End DateNovember 2019

Excellence service and guidance

Excellent service and guidance for us to have our new home. Affordable Living was always available and helpful with all our inquiries and questions from the beginning of application to colour selection then to building our house. THANK YOU Affordable Living Homes for all your help. God bless you all!

Construction End DateApril 2018

Great people do deal with

Very happy with the build. Had no issues at all. Great people do deal with and even though it was over the Christmas break it was fast and efficient. Thanks to Cale and the team that made it all happen. Now for our journey to begin. It has been an amazing experience.

Construction End DateMarch 2018

wanderer23

wanderer23asked

Hi guys, how much deposit you gave to affordable living? Is it 2,500? 1,500 for house and 1,000 for land? And if ever the loan didn't approved will we able to refund the deposit that we gave?

Heidsnpaulie
Heidsnpaulie

Hi. Yes $1500 for plans. $1000 for land deposit. Pretty sure that if finance fell that we would only get the $1000 from land back but not the building plan deposit.

mayanayah
mayanayah

$1500 for home deposit, $2000 land you cant get refund on the home deposit but the land you can!

steve
steve

My question is why would you want to get a refund for the building plan?

chloe09

chloe09asked

can anyone tell me the rough build time for affordable living? saw some recent coments of a year from when titles are released i was hoping around 9 months?

been told 27 weeks give or take so whatever that works out to in months

No chance. My house, they said 9 months. Their contract is 260 working days, which is 12 months.
That is after taking the building permit, which they keep right to 45 working days.
At the moment, I am stuck without being able to get council approval. Because, they did not refer to DAP before signing my building contract. They are not honest or reliable.
If you have not sign a contract with them, stay away from them

mndy.sw
mndy.sw

Stay away from Affordable Living Homes. I am stuck with them. Still no news when to start building after 8 months and they said it will take 12 months to build , in totals it will take nearly 2 years to complete. This is not what they said before signing the contract. It is just a small house. This is going crazy. They blamed it on the town council and the shire.

Singo88

Singo88asked

Hi guys, this is my first time building and I just can't decide who to go with. I've done the rounds but I can't decide between Homestart and Affordable Living. Now I've read reviews on all of them and I can see both has their fair share of negative feedback, however I also understand that most people who have had a good experience tend not to share it, you know the old sales anecdote when you make a customer happy they tell one person, piss them off they tell 10. I know there are potentially better companies out there however they are not able to offer me as much due to my budget. To be honest with you both the reps at these companies have gone above and beyond to help me, I know they want the commission but they seem to be very upfront (one even talking me out of spending more money!). I already have a block, I just need to work out who to build with.. The designs themselves are pretty similar and around the same price. Any advise?

Hi,
I think most poor reviews and experiences are because expectations are not set properly.
The first thing people need to realise is that when you visit a display home, it includes all the trimming - the most you can pay for the house. When you sign up, you're paying for the bare minimum, so make sure you are aware of this.
The second thing I will tell you is that the process of building a home involves many different people - the sales person will promise you the World, but usually can't deliver on a few of those things - make sure you have any promises written down. Then you meet your pre-start (or start-up) person to discuss your furnishings and any additions - make sure you do your homework on what extras you may want beforehand because these meetings are long and overwhelming. It is the only opportunity you get to customize your house without having to pay for the 'change'. Any other changes you need to pay a fee.
...tbc...

BobsYourUncle

Then you have your account manager who sits in an office all day and has no idea about the building process and is generally useless or unhelpful - their job is to maximise the money they make on your house and minimise your contact with the site supervisor - I've heard of some building companies who refuse to let you meet your site supervisor (Celebrations, for example) - this is not good. Then you finish up with your site supervisor - this is the person you want to be your best friend. Most good ones will do what they can for you, but in the end they can only do what is on the house plans - they are your 'bible'. If they do something extra for you, get them a carton of beer - they'll look after you all the time from that point on!
…tbc…

BobsYourUncle

We built with Affordable Living and were happy with the process - our expectations had to be adjusted a few times, and you learn a lot when you build for the first time.
Remember - these building companies are the entry-level builders, you're buying a Chery branded house, not a Rolls Royce!

Get an answer from our members and Affordable Living Homes representatives