Affordable Living Homes

• Flooring

Gabby Y.

Gabby Y.Perth, WA

Ask for Matiu Rudolph - he is awesome

From our first phone call, he was professional, honest, realistic and accommodating. Being a first home owner/builder, Matiu talked me through setting a realistic budget, finding land in an area I was looking as well as assisting in blending two houses to achieve my dream first home.

Now, well into construction and Matiu is still available for advice. Checking in with me as the build progresses.

If you’re thinking of building ask for Matiu. You won’t be disappointed with his service.

Ryan

RyanWestern Australia

Would recommend!

House is almost complete in which has so far been nothing but a breeze. Nick has helped me out all the way and is always willing to help with any questions I have had and has taken a lot of the stress away. He has helped me and a couple friends get a start into getting into our own homes and we are all happy with how the process is coming along. All the office staff have also been so good with helping me out in anyway and are always quick to reply with any questions. The quality in workmanship has also been a stand out so far with the quality of the house. I Definitely would recommend affordable living to anyone I come across in the future looking to build their own home.

Structural Integrity

A grade service with Quality reassurance.

After my experience of building my first home through Affordable living, I am very greatful to have been supported by Agent Nick Desy. The way he took on my project was un real, making my life with out a doubt stress free and the process smooth sailing. Thank you just don’t cut it.

Find out how Affordable Living Homes compares to other Home Builders

First time building, so glad matiu helped me!

I am currently in the process of building, I would like to say thanks to matiu for being patient and extremely helpful. He answered every little query I had and made me feel comfortable with the process. I have no doubt that I would not of achieved this without his assistance.
I cannot fault and highly recommend matiu to anyone wanting to build.

Build StageMid-Construction

Please ask for Nick Gleeson as he was amazing, in fact the whole process was just simply amazing

Great working with Matiu Rudolph

Being a first home buyer and first house build, Matui Rudolph was very helpful from the start. If I had any question's or query's Matui would answer with no trouble unless he was not sure he would find out. I would recommend Matui and Affordable Living Homes to anyone that wants to build their new house.

Herb and Nica

Herb and NicaPerth, WA

Great Build! Nick and his team did an Amazing job!

With dealt with several Housing consultants before but Nick Gleeson is the most honest consultant we’ve had. He’s always within reach any time of day. Really appreciate his help in getting our house plans designed and made to our liking. His advice was really helpful in making our dream house a reality. Given the chance to do build another house in the future, I would definitely choose to build with Affordable Living. Thank you Nick, Hayley, Sue and Tony for the great build!

Aaron P.

Aaron P.Perth, WA

Nick and the team went above and beyond

When we first went to our first meeting we had no idea on where to start or what to do. With the help of Nick and the team at affordable living homes. The process was a breeze. Definitely recommended Nick Gleeson to assist in building your new home or investment home. Nice guy too

Our first family home:

Back in 2015 we built our first home through affordable living. It was all very overwhelming contacting different builders finding the right one. Then Nick Gleeson reached out . He was there for every step of the way all questions where answered he made the whole process less stressful. If you want a good sales representative who gets the job done Nick is your guy to contact. We have now been in our home coming on 6 years and had little to no issues:))

Build StagePost-Construction

Paul T.

Paul T.Perth, WA

Great working with Nick and the team at affordable living. Highly Recommend

A Tidy 4x2

Paula

PaulaPerth, WA

My perfect forever home!

Nick Gleeson was my consultant, actually listened to my "must have's", positive & very professional & made the whole process stress free. The entire team Hayley, Sue & Brian were very helpful & knowledgeable & down right awesome! Thank you Nick & The Affordable Living Homes Team, my brand new home is perfect! I love it!

Mark

MarkPeel, WA

Shout out to Matiu and affordable living

I am Currently in the stage of building and want to Say thanks to Matiu For being on point with the information and quickly answering any question that I have had. His genuine and positive attitude has made the whole process A lot less stressful than it could have been. Id also Like to thank my Building supervisor Sue for getting all my paperwork sorted out and keeping me updated on the progress. As well as Zane for running me through pre start

Ben

Ben Perth, WA

Exceptional quality and great service

Dealt with Nick Gleeson, very patient and happily explained everything a thousand times over. Final product did not disappoint, happy with the house and streamlined process. I recommend Affordable living without any hesitation. Affordable living did meet the time schedule they had forecasted and their emphasis wasn’t so much on a quick build but rather a quality job. Hats off to them

highly recommend! very efficient

We are grateful for Affordable Living esp for ADAM who had helped us with the process of owning our first home. We highly recommend to build with them. They are very efficient in what they do and ever ready to answer our questions and give us support all the way.

Gilbo B.

Gilbo B.Western Australia

More than what we expect from Nick Gleeson and Affordable Living.

Nick was there guiding us from start to finish and even extending his personal time and help just to get through all the bumps of acquiring a house. With Affordable Living building our dream from the drawing to reality, they handed us a gem. The house stands out with their design and craftmanship. My gratitude to Nick Gleeson and the rest of the team for the awesome work. 5 star is not enough.

Site Admin

Very happy with the end product

Thank you for giving me a chance to build with Affordable living. Though the finance stage was very stressful at least it went through and I got the block at the estate I always wanted. I am a happy customer. Very happy with the end product, my house turned out to be what I exactly wished for.

The best: Affordable Living

Our journey in having our own house was really smooth and went so well.Having Nick Gleeson as our consultant made much a big contribution in fulfilling our dream house.From the very bit of the process,he accompanied us up to the very end of having our keys.Our house design is really much eye-catching so no doubt why few of our friends enchanted and got interested to have their own too.Few of them have already signed under Affordable Living.So best to have Nick and Affordable!

Lana

LanaPerth, WA

Highly recommend Affordable Living

Nick Gleeson was my consultant, the whole process was quick and stress free. I am now a home owner! My mortgage repayments are just abit more then what I would pay in rent. The house is amazing. Cannot fault a thing. Thank you to Nick and the team at Affordable Living

Best Service

Thank you to the Affordable Living team for helping us escape the rent trap and get into our first home. Linked us to reliable finance consultant and conveyance team. What I found best was how the Team listened our needs, lets us have our own fingerprint into their house design. We trust the process and the team was beside us every step of the way. Communication was solid and that is very important. Again thank you and would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family again.

wanderer23

wanderer23asked

Hi guys, how much deposit you gave to affordable living? Is it 2,500? 1,500 for house and 1,000 for land? And if ever the loan didn't approved will we able to refund the deposit that we gave?

Heidsnpaulie
Heidsnpaulie

Hi. Yes $1500 for plans. $1000 for land deposit. Pretty sure that if finance fell that we would only get the $1000 from land back but not the building plan deposit.

mayanayah
mayanayah

$1500 for home deposit, $2000 land you cant get refund on the home deposit but the land you can!

steve
steve

My question is why would you want to get a refund for the building plan?

chloe09

chloe09asked

can anyone tell me the rough build time for affordable living? saw some recent coments of a year from when titles are released i was hoping around 9 months?

been told 27 weeks give or take so whatever that works out to in months

No chance. My house, they said 9 months. Their contract is 260 working days, which is 12 months.
That is after taking the building permit, which they keep right to 45 working days.
At the moment, I am stuck without being able to get council approval. Because, they did not refer to DAP before signing my building contract. They are not honest or reliable.
If you have not sign a contract with them, stay away from them

mndy.sw
mndy.sw

Stay away from Affordable Living Homes. I am stuck with them. Still no news when to start building after 8 months and they said it will take 12 months to build , in totals it will take nearly 2 years to complete. This is not what they said before signing the contract. It is just a small house. This is going crazy. They blamed it on the town council and the shire.

Singo88

Singo88asked

Hi guys, this is my first time building and I just can't decide who to go with. I've done the rounds but I can't decide between Homestart and Affordable Living. Now I've read reviews on all of them and I can see both has their fair share of negative feedback, however I also understand that most people who have had a good experience tend not to share it, you know the old sales anecdote when you make a customer happy they tell one person, piss them off they tell 10. I know there are potentially better companies out there however they are not able to offer me as much due to my budget. To be honest with you both the reps at these companies have gone above and beyond to help me, I know they want the commission but they seem to be very upfront (one even talking me out of spending more money!). I already have a block, I just need to work out who to build with.. The designs themselves are pretty similar and around the same price. Any advise?

Hi,
I think most poor reviews and experiences are because expectations are not set properly.
The first thing people need to realise is that when you visit a display home, it includes all the trimming - the most you can pay for the house. When you sign up, you're paying for the bare minimum, so make sure you are aware of this.
The second thing I will tell you is that the process of building a home involves many different people - the sales person will promise you the World, but usually can't deliver on a few of those things - make sure you have any promises written down. Then you meet your pre-start (or start-up) person to discuss your furnishings and any additions - make sure you do your homework on what extras you may want beforehand because these meetings are long and overwhelming. It is the only opportunity you get to customize your house without having to pay for the 'change'. Any other changes you need to pay a fee.
...tbc...

BobsYourUncle

Then you have your account manager who sits in an office all day and has no idea about the building process and is generally useless or unhelpful - their job is to maximise the money they make on your house and minimise your contact with the site supervisor - I've heard of some building companies who refuse to let you meet your site supervisor (Celebrations, for example) - this is not good. Then you finish up with your site supervisor - this is the person you want to be your best friend. Most good ones will do what they can for you, but in the end they can only do what is on the house plans - they are your 'bible'. If they do something extra for you, get them a carton of beer - they'll look after you all the time from that point on!
…tbc…

BobsYourUncle

We built with Affordable Living and were happy with the process - our expectations had to be adjusted a few times, and you learn a lot when you build for the first time.
Remember - these building companies are the entry-level builders, you're buying a Chery branded house, not a Rolls Royce!

See all Affordable Living Homes questions