AI Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hacked off

Hacked off

Less than a star!

This company lives up to its rating!! Reneged on a claim citing every reason to not pay. I was told one thing and sold another. These criminals will provide rude customer service and nil comittment. Don't be fooled into thinking they will be any different to the low low rating they have...it's low for a reason. Spend your money elsewhere and save yourself the aggravation. Disgraceful grubs

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

The worst customer experience ever

This company is a disgusting example of an insurance agent Very poor communication and possibly criminal conduct when you make a claim Overcharged and just found out they withdrew $200 from my bank on the last day the policy was active I received a letter from them canceling my ability to continue to insure with them I will be calling them this morning using their rude communication techniques to demand a refund or offer to refer the employee and the company to the fraud squad Absolute halfwits

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
LeeD

LeeDLABRADOR

Unhappy with how the romance with AI ended

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelChrysler PT Cruiser MK.III (2006-2010)
Claim MadeNo
stefan

stefanAdelaide

Discracful

Was miss sold on call then told my insurance isn't 950 its 1750. Spoke to [name removed] who then decided to tell me that he has listened to my calls and that I have a problem with cutting people off.. What sort of customer service is that? Im now no car 4 days in with no resolution. Been told to produce 5 years of my history. Told the company I have an English license and have been here for only 1 year if that... Where is it in the policy That I have to provide 5 years of a UK history? This company will ring you and lie to you then say yes we told you the wrong information sorry. Then they will insult you and humiliate you and pay more than what you are required. They will even send info to the wrong email address...

Lucy

LucyMelbourne

Misleading quotes

Researching online quotes for "Third Party Property Only" Car Insurance and AI Insurance come up cheapest.
Went through the process to get the cover and there was a "Admin.Fee" for Annual debits of $55 added onto the premium quoted. Have to wonder whether this is even legal. Surely any admin. fee should be incorporated into the quoted premium not an added extra? Can understand cost for monthly but for upfront yearly premium.

NathalieK

NathalieKMelbourne

Disappointing

Took this insurance a year ago which I paid monthly. Just found out they automatically debited my account of a lump sum and cleaned me out without my consent.
They sent the policy to an email I no longer operate regularly. How about verifying before you assume that I will retain your services. I will be shopping for other insurance from here on.

Fleur B

Fleur BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A waste of time insurer

Rachael

RachaelMelbourne

Absolute nightmare

What a disgrace! They only delayed the process to fix my car, if I didn’t call them 3 times a day I would still be waiting for it to be fixed. They say they will call you back in 24-48 hours but keep dreaming they never call back!
Their repairers are untrustworthy and will NOT take care of your car

Insurance claim madeYes

Worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. AVOID.

Don't be a cheapskate. This company treats their customers like crap. Every time you call them they tell you they will get back to you in 24-48 hours and they never bother to call you. When they eventually offered me a payout for my written off vehicle, it was much less than the market value.

Carolyn

CarolynSydney, NSW

Continue to direct debit my account without my authority?

I've just discovered that these shonks have been direct debiting my account without sending me any renewals for 2 years. I'll be taking this to the Ombudsman. My car hasn't been in use for 18 months and they've charged me without my consent.

Whitey

WhiteyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thieves!!!

Nick

NickYagoona

very bad design Online Quote

I am a web designer and web security for living. Never in my life seen an idiot Online Quote like this one. It just asked around and around in "Additional HolderPolicy". Don't know how come this Company have customer with this idiot.

Shocking Review of AI Insurance

Insurance Experience....

Policy sold to me via a third party, but, like many other reviews, they have made subjective interpretations on the PDS to reject claims. Claims process is vague, communications are intentionally poor in their favour. You must be prepared to drive the process from the very beginning, until they reject your claim [which they will], then you'll have to keep pushing. I would not recommend this company, I have no confidence in this firm and will never use them again.
Wish I had read these reviews prior to handing over my money, this policy and company are worthless......AVOID USING THEM.

Insurance claim madeYes

Automatic annual renewal without annual consent

This company is a stinker. Don't go there. Hidden deep inside the PDS is a clause allowing AI to automatically renew your policy with your renewed consent. What sort of company just keeps billing you every year without even consulting you first. Disgraceful behavior.

Insurance claim madeNo

Not at fault and still have to pay excess - Stay away!!!!

I should have read the reviews before accepting this policy!!

Someone else ran into the back of my dad's car, provided all the details and they said we still have to pay excess upfront as it's their policy. That's not a problem as we thought it's just their procedure. Paid the excess and now they said they can't contact the third party so there's a chance we won't receive our money back. So how the hell does this work? Not at fault and still having to pay for excess??? Bunch of scammers. Definitely will not be using this company again.

Insurance claim madeYes

Rediculous premium increase post accident & repair.

Insurance claim madeYes

Under no circumstances should anyone think of using this fraudulent sham of cowboys

Horrendous treatment after i was involved in a hit and run last week, made me to be the criminal instead of helping me out, then they went and cancelled the policy under my nose now we are stuck with a damaged car that no other company will insure until fixed. Devastated. If i can I will sue this company and expose them for what they are.

Insurance claim madeYes

Give credit when credit is due.

I run my own Delivery company and its paramount to have my Vans. I had a mishap and needed to make a claim, Yes they asked a few questions but they're just doing there due diligence. Got my Van assess the same day and had my approval within the week. It was quick and painless.

Thieves

Brought a new car so needed to cancel old policy and get a new one was quoted $980 told them not to bother as I was not paying that just put a cover note on new car to get me home so I should have had a refund for 10 months of the old police they took the full $980 out of my account and 10 days later I still do not have a refund by the way my new policy cost $413 for $39 G policy $2 G more than they would cover my new car for A pack of untrustworthy thieves

Cambojones

Cambojonesasked

Well I guess I am about to find out if the AI Isurance can back up there policy. Someone has just run into my parked car, thankfully another driver witnessed it happen and the police have been called. Any advice on a successful claim with no driver at fault would be greatly appreciated. ( I will defiantly ask the question of the hire car
re-embursment) how can i do this?

June W.AI Insurance

Hi Cambojones,
It's sad to hear that someone person could run into your vehicle and take off but this does happen from time to time.
Hire car is an option on the AI Insurance policy, or being you may have some of the other persons details AI Insurance maybe able to recovery the costs for you. (You should keep invoices & documents for any cost of a hire car)
We look forward to you contacting our claims centre to talk over the details of the policy you have in place.

maki
maki

Cambojones, I had similar situation. In my case 3rd Party is at fault and left their number. You can get your insurer to claim it from the 3rd party insurer to cover for your car hire cost until your car is repaired. There was a precedent court case in NSW where the the plaintiff in same situation, inconvenience, seek compensation and won the court case. There is a statutory clause where it states that as long as you are not at fault and were inconvenienced, you are entitle for compensation (even if the car was hit inside your garage). Fortunately for me, I worked in an insurance debt recovery, I sought my solicitor director to fight for my case. We won the battle too!! He use the NSW precedented case, harsh legal demand letter and his legal clerk to speak with my insurer before it gets to the court proceeding. **Any insurer will try and get away in giving you compensation for transport inconvenience & emotional stress. I am very blessed that he accept this case as 'pro bono'. Even my Malt whisky gift for him as a token of gratitude couldn't repay his kindness. If you want to find out the name of the NSW case. Buzz me here. Hope this helps everyone! It is a real nightmare dealing with insurance company.

Get an answer from our members and AI Insurance representatives