53 questions from our users

Robin H.
Robin H.asked
Gary M.

They initially were $399, but I bought it on special for $349.

Tariq mehmood
Tariq mehmoodasked
Work Zone Inverter Generator 3600W (Jun 2018, Apr 2019)

Geneator shows warning lights .red and green. And also he does not make ignition. Plz help me

Reviewer R.

Contact the service number for help

Stirling
Stirlingasked

Howe?

Karin B.
Karin B.asked

What kva are the 3300 w inverter generators please

Gary M.

The generators rated power is 3000w with a peak of 3300w. I found the link below that shows how to convert watts to kVA. The example actually uses 3000w.

3000w or 3kw is about 3.750kva

Anne J
Anne Jasked
Inverter Generator

Why can’t I turn my generator off?

Fishtrmblatmynm

Typically the off switch works by performing a short circuit of the current running through the lead that provides the spark plug with energy; if you are operating the switch to 'Off' and it is not working, I only can assume it is Not shorting out, so behind and below the panel-box where the off switch is are connections; have the wires detached here? or, on the body has the shorting out wire detached? (it is very hard to work out which one is what). NOTE! Never remove the panel while the engine is running as there is a real possibility of DEATH, it is recommended that only a qualified mechanic check this out, but if you are desperate to shut the generator off hold onto the little 'T' knob on the spark plug and remove the lead from the plug this will have the exact same affect and instantly shut the Gen off.

Paul F.
Paul F.asked
Paul F.
Paul F.asked
bmorey

This device doesn't have a receptacle.

Andy M.asked
Work Zone Inverter Generator 3600W (Jun 2018, Apr 2019)

The generator is being used on my fridge.
After about 30-40 mins, the red “overload” light comes on and the power to the fridge is cut off.
I’ve replaced oil, fuel, cleaned air filter.
Cleaned spark plug.
Any tips?

Fishtrmblatmynm

I'm no mechanic, but your/my generator is air cooled, to me the overload is also connected to overheating maybe? Try setting the generator more out in the open to let more cool air flow around it, this is a safety/health issue as well. Like Humans a generator in a confined space starts consuming unbalanced air, (less oxygen more carbon), and starts to work harder, some people put a box around it to weather protect and/or reduce the noise, this could cause a restriction to oxygen; your generator actually runs on Oxygen the Fuel is only there to cause the oxygen to burn/explode, less oxygen means less power, thus the harder the generator will have to work to meet the load this will then cause overloads. I do know that multiple leads, (long leads joined together), multiple connections reduce power and could cause a gradual heating and overload, also a skinny lead in the middle, some chinese leads might be underrated, try putting a heavier lead to your fridge; I'm assuming you are using an RCD device, is this old and causing the generator to push the flow through a constricted connection, which also makes me wonder if any of your leads have a build up of corrosion on the positive or negative contacts; also is there a replacement plug on one of the leads and is it not done well and maybe has a few strands missing where the cable connects to the pin, causing an obstruction to the flow of power? A hot plug junction is evidence of this. One more suggestion, if a lead is coiled up, this too chews up available power and causes overheating in the lead, (very unsafe, melting of the lead and fire are the end result), and this can cause overload to your generator. That's all I've got since you have done everything else.

Andy M.

Thanks for your response!
I don’t have an RCD, not sure what that is.
I saw someone said best to have a UPS for devices like computers and fridges, but I don’t have one of those either.

I tried a couple of different leads.
The unit was out on the deck, with I believe plenty of air, didn’t feel like it was getting hot.

Maybe the inverter can’t keep up with the fridge when the the motor kicks in and is drawing big power?

I’ve had a Honda unit in the past which was running the same fridge, tv and computer.

Fishtrmblatmynm

An RCD is vital for your safety, it stands for Residual Current Device, your Generator can kill you if there is a breakdown in the motor insulation in the device you are powering, your generator instruction book is very clear on having one of these, they are easily purchased from any hardware store. What is the rating Watts altogether of all units connected to your generator, the instructions say that you must times it by 3 for the initial start. Example: a small grinder rated at 900 watts needs 2700 watts to start; I don't think this is your problem as you say it runs for about 30-40 mins; if you have multiple devices with 'watts' that add up close or only just exceeding the rated wattage this also could cause the problem, if only one device and the wattage is well under it leaves only 3 things, either your gen is faulty or the fridge is faulty, or maybe a faulty lead, sorry that's about all I have.

Errik Lasked
Inverter Generator

Out of the box there are two plastic tube from the carburettor to a"Y" piece. When I filled the fuel tank and turned the fuel tap fuel runs out of the open end of the "Y" piece. Should I remove this arrangement?

Reviewer R.

Why didn’t you simply contact the service in your manual ?

Errik L

I tried to contact the help desk six times but only got an answering service who said they forward the problem
I also tried to contact the help desk via email. I have yet to hear from the help desk either by phone or email.
I have since returned the product to Aldi for a refund.

alan m.
alan m.asked
Ferrex 4-Stroke Inverter Generator 3300W (Mar 2021)

I need to know the dba noise factor ,how long willit run on a tank of fuel

Jurgen Dorbecker

You should find the answer to your questions in the manual provided by the manufacturer. The model I had bought from Aldi broke down after 3 test starts because of poor quality . It was not possible to start the generator at all.. I would not recommend to buy this Ferrex Generator. Don't be tempted by the cheap price . You get what you pay for.

GusB
GusB

Hi Alan, did you find out this info? I emailed the customer service multiple times asking for this information also and still no reply 2 weeks later! very disappointing! I just wanted some basic questions answered and a copy of the manual so I could review before buying.....which is how I ended up here! They lost a sale as they couldn't even get back to me!

Eric S.
Eric S.

I purchased the generator followed the instructions it started first time. Tested a few items like drill and angle grinder, vacuum cleaner etc all perfect. The Decibel level is 73 at 7 metres. I have personally experienced good results with Chinese products and for the price I think 2 years warranty on this generator is as good as all the other Chinese made generators which is...... all......... of them on the market. Anyway time will tell.

euroahandymanasked
WorkZone Inverter Generator 2200W (Sep 2018)

Bought new in 2018 took out of box today wont start can i exchange

bmorey

There's a lesson here - keep it fuelled and oiled and run it regularly. I start mine every month to check it starts 1st or 2nd pull and runs well.

Perhaps take it to the local mower shop and have it serviced.

euroahandyman

Was a back up gen for my main it broke down so went to use it for first time oiled up fuelled up but no spark local guy reckons it is a faulty govenor which will cost more than I paid for it. Supposed to have a 3 year warranty that's why I asked the question thx anyway bmorey

euroahandymanasked
WorkZone Inverter Generator 2200W (Sep 2018)

Have this product bought new in 2018 was going to use as backup went to use today granted been sitting in box since new would not start changed plug did as instructed by manual but no good can i exchange

David C.
David C.asked
Work Zone Titanium Inverter Generator 3500W (Mar 2016, Apr 2017)

Where can I get a replacement coil pack from? The one on this generator looks like the ones from Honda, except Honda has 1 wire, and the one on this generator has 2 wires...

Laurie M.
Laurie M.asked
Work Zone Titanium Inverter Generator 3500W (Mar 2016, Apr 2017)

Can this generator be repaired? It has an intermittent problem of starting okay some times then others it won't start or runs very roughly and a warning light comes on. The fuel is fresh 95RON and if it starts okay it runs okay, then next time it almost shakes to bits.

Warren P.
Warren P.asked
Warren P.
Warren P.asked
Work Zone Titanium Inverter Generator 3500W (Mar 2016, Apr 2017)

Where can i get a Magneto/Flywheel for one of these the one with magnets on it

radhwan054
radhwan054asked

How much for the price

bmorey

Last time this model was offered (April 2017) it was $399. I don't think it's been offered since then.

Jurgen Dorbecker

I bought the Aldi Ferrex-Inverter Generator in March 2020 for A$ 285.- and returned it to Aldi because of a fault in transmission between motor and electricity generating unit. Motor started but did no produce any electricity after a few test runs over a period of 6 weeks.

Eileen Myhillasked
Inverter Generator

Engine starts but no power only red light flickering any help please

It's the switch board.

Eileen Myhillasked
Work Zone Titanium Inverter Generator 3500W (Mar 2016, Apr 2017)

The engine starts but a red light comes and flickers but no power comes out any help please?

Jurgen Dorbecker

The physical connection from the petrol engine to the power generation unit i broken off. In other simple words, despite the petrol engine starting and running the power unit is not activated . Faulty link, like a belt drive or wheel connection broken. This connection needs to be repaired or replaced.

Jon R.
Jon R.asked
Ferrex 4-Stroke Inverter Generator 2000W (Mar 2020)

Is there an air screw on the carburettor to tune this model? Having trouble because of surging under no load. Sometimes cuts out. Any idea's?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Inverter Generator