Alinta Energy

Not good customer support, and not clear information

My partner applied to Alinta, the next day she was told by phone that her application was rejected after credit checking with Equifax, it seemed weird but still she called Equifax; no problems or whatsoever. I decided to try myself directly, I already know that my credit history is really good, and I even checked before hand, so I was surprised when I received a call saying the same thing, I pushed the representative for a real and specific answer, as I knew Equifax wasn't the issue.
All in all, I'm not happy with the customer support, the small lies about Equifax, and the service rejection without properly stating the reasons.

ServicesElectricity
Sorry to hear of your experience jhon. We do also do a credit check through Illion, If you'd like us to investigate as to why you weren't accepted. Please do send us a DM as we are happy to help. Thanks, Emilia.

Great and cheap service I ever had....thanks to alinta my bills is almost half now

Electricity Fast service Very reliable customer service is very helpful discount price much better then other providers differently recommend to everyone 5 start service my experience with them is just great

ServicesElectricity
Hi Ben, Thank you for this awesome feedback! We love hearing from our happy customers! Our aim is to provide the best deals we can offer and great customer service so I am glad to hear you are receiving this! Thank, Emilia.

Worst Customer service I ever had

I don't normally write reviews, but this one is so bad I thought is worth spending bit of time in writing review for other`s benefits. All started when I transferred their services to new house. The bills never appears in your inbox ( including junk folder), but what you get is just overdue notices after due date elapsed, means you lose out on time discounts. When you report the issue, you get credit and extension of the due date with apology, and apparently they make a note of that in the system. and they you pay your bill taking on time discount out. But after few days you get another automated call saying you haven't paid full amount which is basically on-time discount you excluded. When you talk to customer service then, they cant find any notes in the system the previous guys put in about extension etc. and believe me that's going to make you feel quite uncomfortable.
And imagine this keeps happening every bill one after another for months. Also the next bill you may get on time in your inbox also again going to sneakily include that on-time discount of previous billing cycle ( you got as a credit after all those hassle) as pending balance brought forward !! and this cycle continues, never gets better but worse.
Guys, lots of other companies out there with reasonably good customer service with competitive rates. I can`t give less than one star.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Jigp, this is certainly not what we would like to hear and apologies if you haven't received the level of customer service you anticipated. I would like to try to help you out. If you could please DM us with your account details, and we'd be happy to help. Emilia.

They don't even read the meter

I was promised a significant savings from my Origin bill with a 28% discount. They neglected to inform me the discount didn't include supply charges which is included in Origin's 21% discount. I did the math and Origin ended up being cheaper. When I contacted them they informed me they couldn't stick to the verbal promise of a significant savings. Fast-forward 9 months and my bill has been increasing considerably to the point it's almost doubled. I did a test last billing period as I was convinced they weren't reading the meter and just making up the bill as they go. I placed a combination lock on the meter box expecting the Energex guy to knock on the door and ask access to read read the meter. As you can guess, no one showed and my bill was significantly higher again. When I phoned them they were adamant that the Energex guy has some sort of special lock picking device to access the meter. I'm done, back to Origin I go

ServicesElectricity
Hi, this seems very unusual that the bill has increased so dramatically. I'd really like to investigate this for you. Are you able to send me a PM with your account details. Thanks, Rose

Keep Scrolling. Just Keep scrolling...

Factual: CRAPPY customer service

Objective: Keep your money HERE.
Rates may be good but NOT worth it.
Besides, it’s a Chinese company anyway so the hundreds your paying out is leaving Australia.
Why not get ripped off by an Australian company and keep your money HERE...

ServicesElectricity
Hi Robert, thanks for reaching out. At Alinta Energy we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and always striving to be competitive with our rates and discounts in today's market. It sounds like you may not have experienced the great customer experience we aim to offer. If there is anything you'd like to discuss please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks, Rose.

Rip off merchants.

Horrible Customer Service. Got a gigantic bill for 30 days of gas use. Meter reading doesn't match what it says in my meter but they don't care and still say I'm obliged to pay the bill. I haven't even received an Electricity bill yet but I'll be changing provider immediately, DO NOT use this company.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Jeremy, this sound very unusual for a bill to increase so dramatically.I would really like to look into this for you. I will send you a PM now to get some more details. Thanks, Rose.

Cheap, unreliable and incompetent

They may be cheap, but they are cheap for a reason. Poor customer service and they can’t get a bill right. They keep messing up until you give up and pay. Then they slog you with late payment fees even through you raised an issue with the bill before the payment is due.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Jez, we take complaints like this seriously. I would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please feel free to send me a PM if you'd like me to. Thanks, Rose

Worst Customer Service! Not worth the rates

DO NOT USE
The worst customer service - I could write a whole paragraph, but to save time just dont bother with them!
Cannot understand how hopeless and uncontactable they are!!!
Absolutely horrible to deal with, and absolutely no understanding of the Consumer Act

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi NBB, thank-you for reaching out. I'm sorry that you feel that you haven't had a great customer experience with us. If there is anything I can help you with, please feel free to send me a PM. Kind Regards, Rosehi, i have tried to resolve, however no one has been of any use. Assistance would be appreciated however no one can help it appears. Very disapointingHi, I have sent you a PM to discuss further. Thanks, Rose

Worst Electricity Provider

Alinta changed my energy provider without my permission and now they have sent me a bill for three months after changing the saver deal % and saying we cant do anything.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Tej, we take complaints like this very seriously. I will send you a PM to get some more information. Thanks, Rose.

Biggest Power Bill... horrible customer service!!!

My bill was the largest bill I’ve ever had... it is double the bill from previous supplier last year. I have called the customer service line and the response was not even close to anything productive. The customer service rep tried to explain the bill, I explained to him that the bill is wrong. I wasn’t even home for December. He promised to email me and get a manager to call me back. I’m still waiting!!!

ServicesElectricity
Hi David, we understand that a higher than expected bill can be frustrating. I'd like to investigate this for you. I will send you a PM now to get some more details. Thanks, Rose

The most unethical, dodgy, harrasing company with misleading, disguisting customer service ever seen

I changed my provider from Alinta to AGL from 29 June 2018 because of bad customer service. After eight months, on 11th Feb i received an email from Alinta with bill due for two days i.e. 29 and 30 June 2019 (For these two days I paid all my bills to AGL and i have proofs as well).

So I called Alinta next day asking for any confusion, they apologise for the confusion and i was informed that system will back date my bill and i need not to pay anything for that bill. But on 28th Feb 2019, Alinta direct debited 15$ from my account for not paying bill on time. (Although everything was sorted on 12 Feb). I called again alinta that why they have charged me $15. And asked if there is any confusion, please refund my 15$ and email me that there is no balance due. They took 40 minutes and told me that Alinta holds electricity rights from 29 June 2019 to 21 January 2019. But matter of facts that i told them was that:

A. I left the house forever on 20 Nov 2018
B. If there was any problem with electricity rights, then why Alinta didnot speak up in last 8 months and asked for bill payments.
C. I got proof f payment and bill that i paid for those two days to another provider.
D. I gave refernece number for call made on 12 Feb 2018 (in which everything was sorted ), then why didnot they listen to the recording.

Then, Alinta asked me to send all the proofs by email for bill paid to AGL and House vacation proof.

The call was ended by saying that we will investigate in the matter and will call you back.

I did not received any call from Alinta instead I received same bill for those two days on 5th March 2019 with a new due date. I called again spent another 60 minutes for this issue, and Alinta said that we have checked our records that electricity rights were still Alinta from 29 Jun 2018 to 21 Jan 2019. I told them that this conversation was already done before i sent the proofs so I need resolution. And they asked for another 24 hours to give me final resolution.

So in the whole scenario:
A. I wasted more than 120 minutes to fight for bills which don't belong to me at all.
B. I am student in Melbourne so have lot of tensions related to work study and other things.
C. Customer service is really bad, as people don't know how to speak properly.
D. All the call refernece numbers for previous calls were provided to Alinta whenever I call, and they have no idea of what issue I am facing so there is no point of getting reference number.
E. I need resolution for this issue as soon as possible otherwise serious action may be taken against it. (Its complete case of consumer harassment and unethical behaviour)

ServicesElectricity
Hi Raghav, thanks for reaching out. We take complaints like this very seriously. I will send you a PM now to get your account details. Thanks, Rose

Misled by this company

Switched to Alinta energy, was totally misled about the discount , I have had a bill which is much more than I have ever paid for last 10 years, no satisfaction over phone when I called, just a condescending tone,
Do not believe what they tell you, avoid this energy company.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Chris, we are sorry to hear that your bill was higher than expected. I'd really like to investigate this for you. I will send you a PM now to discuss. Thanks, Rose

disgusting service. ripping people off!!!

My partner joined alinta energy when he moved into his house hoping for cheaper electricity bills. At the time he had his father and mate living with him - both were not working so they were home nearly every day using TV's, pedastool fans/heaters etc. Over those 6 months they received 2 electricity bills from Alinta energy both roughly $230.

In October of last year they both moved out and I moved in, two thirds of the electrical good moved out with them. Our house is a tiny 2 bedder shoebox. It has no air con, we have no fancy appliances, just the main ones - one tv, a playstation, a washing machine and a dishwasher. We both work 6 days a week, not being home from 7.30am to 5.30pm..

We received our latest bill in February, thinking it would be less then $220 because there were less applianes, less people, and we were rarely home. You would think so too, right?! WRONG! This was not the case at all!! Our bill was $985!!!!

My partner phoned Alinta energy, and they said this bill was so large because the last 2 bills were only estimates. My partner requested them to come and re-read the meter, thinking someone had made a big mistake estimating our bill this time (not the last 2). The bill came back bigger again!! They gave us a measley 2.5 week extension to get this paid. The discount for paying the bill early went from a savings of $220 when we had the $985 bill, to a shitty $23 when our bill was close to $1100.

Before moving in with him, I lived in a house with 4 other people, someone was always home because we all worked different hours, we had air cons, fans and tvs running quite a bit. I was with Energy Australia and my bill was never more then $320 for the quarter!!

DO NOT JOIN ALINTA ENERGY!! You will lose so much money!!
Not everyone has a spare $1000 sitting around to pay large bills because their workers are too lazy to actually do their jobs in the first place and read the meter properly and on time!!

We will definitely be taking our business elsewhere!!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Tegan, this seems unusual for a bill to increase so greatly. I would really like to look into this further for you. I will send you a PM to discuss. Thanks, Rose

My bills more than doubled with Alinta Energy

I was with AGL and left when Alinta Energy offered a huge discount. My normal bills with AGL were $300 to $400 depending on the season. I live in a cold climate so my winter bills are usually higher but never more than $400. Once I changed to Alinta my bills increased to $600 in summer to over $800 in winter. When I complained they told me it was because I lived in a big house and I possibly had at least four people living here. Not so! I live by myself and my house is largely unoccupied. I even disconnected the electricity to most of my house to see if that would make a difference. One winter I lived without heating but this made no difference to my account.
I complained because the meter reader was guestimating the bills in the area. After that I never had a bill that wasn't an "estimate", despite being at home full time and the meter box being accessible. As the bills were too high for me to pay, I was put on a payment plan. I attempted to change companies but I needed a genuine account to change over - that is, not an estimate.
Eventually, after 12 months insistence, I did get a genuine final read BUT I didn't get an actual normal account from Alinta so I can't see what the final read actually was. I just got another payment plan. As this payment plan was very generous (until September 2020) I am suspicious of what this final read actually was. Did they give me a generous payment plan so I wouldn't continue questioning them?
Adding the repayments of $28/fortnight up until September 2020, it appears the final reading was still around $600.
I have now changed to Origin Energy and my bills have been $300 on my last two readings. This is amazing after such a hot summer and having the air conditioning on so frequently.
Don't be persuaded to change to Alinta. If you are with AGL or Origin, stay with them and save your money.
Very dissatisfied customer.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Linda, I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with having estimated bills. Estimated reads can be caused by many different things. I would be happy to investigate this query further for you. I have sent you a private message to discuss further, If you'd like to respond we'd be happy to help. Thanks, Emilia.

Aggressive and deceptive marketing

Alinta came knocking at my door claiming to reduce my bills by 25%. This was based on two factual inaccuracies:
1. They quoted me their energy usage price before applying GST. This is obviously not what I would actually pay.
2. They didn't even mention daily supply charge, so cannot possibly compare bills without knowing my energy usage.

I foolishly agreed to switch at the time because I was unhappy with the cost of my current electricity bills, but after researching their prices online I found that their daily supply charge was much higher than mine. I decided to back out of the change, and rang them to cancel. For two days, I was not allowed to cancel because I was not on the system.

On the third attempt to cancel, the Alinta marketer tried to persuade me not to leave. She stressed the difference in usage charges and claimed, again without basis, that Alinta would be cheaper. She mocked up a bill based on my energy usage for the last 3 months, and it came as no surprise that it was more expensive than my current provider. She offered a further 5% discount, ignoring the fact that this would still be more expensive than my current provider. She tried tactic after tactic, ignoring my constant polite requests to just cancel my signup, and then when I was on the verge of yelling at her she finally cancelled my transfer request.

Alinta hopes to ensnare customers based on false claims, and then makes it difficult and frustrating to leave. What they are doing should not even be legal. DO NOT sign up with them unless you have researched the full facts beforehand.

ServicesElectricity
Hi, we take complaints like this very seriously. I will send you a PM now to get some more details and have this investigated. Thanks, Rose

Alinta should be on scam watch

Please, what ever you do don’t sign up with alinta.
Your energy bills will double,they are that bad with their price.
I thought my bill with agl was a bit too high, I was paying $460 a quarter, so I moved to alinta. Too my horror,my quarter bill with alinta jumped to $990.
Moved back to agl and back to a normal price again.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Youtoo, this is unusual for a bill to increase so dramatically. What I would like to do, is look into this matter urgently for you. Are you able to send me a PM with your account details. Thanks, Rose

Very expensive bill for 28% discount

Bill was double of what I have always paid with my previous supply I used to be with Origin no discount and I never paid more than $500 for 90days switched off with origin thinking I would pay less and my electricity bill is even higher with Alinta It’s only me and my husband with a small dog we work all day out just home at night we don’t have appliances to consume all that can’t understand, I’ve called and talked with customer service, technician etc nobody could help me or offer more discount, they suggested me to turn off my powers my wifi my appliances when I’m not home I never heard something so stupid like that how can I turn of my fridge? Can’t understand! Population are getting ripped off all the time from this electricity company’s we can’t survive like this it’s all about money and money and money they don’t even care to investigate obviously that is something wrong why with origin without discount bill around $500 and with Alinta 28% off $600 plus? I’ll definitely switch back to Origin.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Mrs N, we understand a higher than expected bill can be very frustrating. I would be happy to investigate this further for you. Please send me a PM if you are wanting me to do so. Thanks, Rose

Direct debit

Set up a direct debit for electricity with them twice , despite that they continue to send me disconnection notices. Has taken me 4 months to go back to AGL
Truly incompetent

ServicesElectricity
Hi Amazed, I'm sorry to hear that you experienced this and that we have lost you as a customer. I know that you have now switched back to AGL but I'm more than happy to look into why this occurred. If you would like me to do so, please send me a PM. Thanks, Rose

bill was twice as much as my other supplier

Bill was double what I have paid for years with my previous supplier. When I rang to query it they were completely uninterested in even trying to figure out why it was so high. They seem like a scam. No way my electricity should have doubled. I switched back to my old supplier straight away. But I still feel ripped off

ServicesElectricity
Hi Mel, I'd be happy to look into this for you. Please send me a PM with your account details and best contact number. Thanks, RoseYes I would like to sort this out. How do I pm u? I am not familiar with this platform

Impossible to deal with.

Very high bill for 28% discount. I don't even own an air conditioner. Plus I have a Health Care Card, and a DVA Card. I am definitely thinking of switching to another supplier.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Sean, understand that a high bill can be really frustrating. We'd be happy to look into your account for you. If you could please private message us with your account details and your best contact number? Thanks, Emilia.

Is there a discount for electricity for Pensioners?
Only QLD Gov Electricity RebateHi Wes, you would receive the discount that we provide and your State Pension discount would be given to you. If you need anymore help let know. Thanks, Lou

I am an Alinta Customer for Electricity and Gas and am looking at Solar Panels. My question is, what is the cost of the new smart meter which you will need to install and what is your feed-in Tarif? Thanks
Hi Annie, thanks for reaching out. The cost of a smart meter and the feed in tariff does differ between states. Are you able to send me a PM and I can help you further. Thanks, Lou.

Hi Alinta, I'm currently with Alinta for both electricity and gas and going to move to a new address. How can I keep my same contract for the new place? Appreciate your quick reply Thanks Nandi
Hi Nandi! Thank you for getting in touch with us. If you call our customer service agents, they will be able to transfer your account onto the new property. You can contact them on 13 37 02. Otherwise if you would like to send a private review message to us with your contact details, I can organise someone to call you :) Thanks, TigiHi Alinta, I am moving the house and I want to continue the same contract deal 43 as it is more beneficial for me than the current offers. I have one more year to continue deal 43 benefits as I took it in 2018. I checked your website and it says when moving houses I can continue my contract or select a new offer. But the customer service agent that I talked today said alinta website has false information regarding moving houses where I have to select a new offer if I am moving to a new house even though I have another one year to get deal 43 benefit with alinta. Very unprofessional and confusing. The only reason i am with Alinta is the deal 43 offer that I am currently with. Alinta has advertise that when customer is moving they can continue the same contract or start a new one. Therefore I believe i can i continue the same contract when I am moving to a new house. Please do reply. Thanks

Similar listings