1.8 from 1,184 reviews

1,184 reviews
  • Rates and Fees

Aviana Ghazifi

Aviana GhazifiSydney, NSW

Terrible company, terrible customer service

They are a disgrace, they cut off our energy as we weren’t accepted and didn’t think to warn us that we weren’t accepted just cut off our energy. It took them 20 mins on the phone just to get our details and hung up on us twice. They said it would take 4-5 days to get accepted, then Origin Energy set us up and connected us that day!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Aviana, I'm very sorry to hear of your experience. If you'd like this looked into or have any other queries, please PM me. Thanks, Eve

Ketha

KethaVictoria

Excellent Service. good discount options

I am with Alinta energy for more than three years now. Never had an issue with them. Great discount options, no ridiculous billing or hidden charges. Online payment system could improve a little. specially paying on time amount.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback Ketha :)

Shaista R.

Shaista R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible unreliable customer service. Don't keep their word.

I switched to Alinta on a friends recommendation. Alinta sadly turned out to be completely unprofessional and unreliable. They forgot to set my Solar feed in tariff, no one contacted me. They forgot to set up my gas and again no one bothered to call me to find out. After long tiring conversations , 2 staff members agreed in writing via email to reimburse my unpaid Solar feed in to the grid. But finally when I did ask for it they changed their tone and refused to pay me. I don't think I will be continuing with them and would ask people to never trust them as they don't do what they promise.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Shaista, I'm very sorry to hear of your experience. I'm sending you a PM for further details as I'd like to look into this for you. Thanks, Eve

gemdehaan2002

gemdehaan2002South East Queensland, QLD

Great

Alinta energy have been awesome. I have never had to wait long on the phone and I've always been provided with great service and help every time I have talked to a representative. Furthermore, they also have great prices and value!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Thank you for taking the time to give us your lovely, positive feedback gemdehaan2002

Kathy E.

Kathy E.South East Queensland, QLD

Extremely Poor Service

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Kathy, I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Unfortunately, refunds do take the 7 to 10 business days, as advised. I'd like to look into this dishonour fee for you. I'm sending you a PM to get further details. Thanks, Eve

HappyMummy

HappyMummySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good rate

Home energy power. In Comparison To other suppliers I feel they are priced best. We are a large family. I do wish they had 24hf customer service and also open on weekends.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Thank you for your feedback HappyMummy :)

Disgusting and angry

Disgusting and angrySouth East Queensland, QLD

You don’t even deserve 1 star

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Disgusting and angry, I do apologise for your experience. I've replied to your private message. Thanks, Eve

Chrisentiae

ChrisentiaeMelbourne

Alinta energy rewards - more expensive than Big W !!!

Looks like Alinta rewards are worthless.

Alinta rewards Moki headphones $18 + $9 postage = $27. Big W Moki headphones $19 + $7.90 postage = $26.90

Your so called "rewards" are actually more expensive that Big W.

The only people collecting "rewards" are Alinta with such soddy practices.

Do you think your customers appreciate being treated like fools?

FRUSTRATED

FRUSTRATEDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't touch ALINTA

Tim38

Tim38PERTH

No invoice, just a fine

Sent me an email to say by Gas Bill was due, but the invoice attached just said they couldn't read my meter. No actual cost to pay. Then follow up with a fine for not paying the bill. Thanks.

ServicesGas
Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Tim38, I'd like to look into this for you. I'm sending you a PM to get your details so I can help. Thanks, Eve

Louise

LouiseEchuca

Alinta's idea of customer service appears to be just not contacting their customers at all....

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Louise, I'm happy to see if your new bill has been issued yet. I'm also happy to follow up on your query for you. I'm sending you a PM to get your details. Thanks, Eve

Sash

SashSydney, NSW

Alinta energy -such high electricity bill, despite never been home. Household of 1. What a scam!!

I have moved into a property with a one bedroom in January 13th and set up connection with alinta. I only moved into the property on January 29th and received my first bill on February 13th for $113 - I wasn’t even living at the property until January 29th.

Now I’ve received my bill of 3 months for $500- this is for a household for 1 person. I have tried contacting them but they’re not answering “due to high number of calls due to covid 19”.

I choose this electricity provider because they showed low comparison rates according to other electricity providers online. However this energy provider bills you almost 3 times the normal amount.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Sash, I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I'm happy to look into your bills for you. If you prefer to do this via phone, the normal options come up after the 30 second message. I'm sending you a PM to get your details? Thanks, Eve

Spud

SpudSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scammers

Do not sign up to Alinta engerg they are the biggest scammers..they promised they don’t estimate your bill which happened to be the biggest lie..my bill came and it was triple to what I usually receive..
We argued the over charge for at least six months with no results only to have to pay the over charge because they sent debt collectors after us for something that we were over charged for..
Now just for us to finally find out that we have been black listed for something that is not even owing..
What ever you do..DO NOT SIGN WITH THESE THEIVES.
I will now be taking this matter to the ombudsman

Hi Spud, I'm reaching out by PM again to see how I can help. Thanks, Eve

Pathetic service by Alinta Energy.

I moved interstate at the start of the year, and organised my Electricity with Alinta Energy. After 4 months of wondering why I haven’t received my bill, I contacted them, only to be told they didn’t acquire the billing rights of the property. That’s anyway after several phone calls to them to follow up and get to know what was happening. Unfortunately they were not able to resolve the issue after being passed on from one incompetent staff to another! My advise to anyone switching Electricity/gas providers, please avoid Alinta Energy. They’re absolutely incompetent and will only mess you up.

Ryan Zeng

Ryan ZengSouth East Queensland, QLD

alinta energy cant not get your solar credit back

I have $200 solar electricity credit in my alinta acount. But I can not get it out.
According to https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/credit-refund-electricity-retailer/

Only Alinta doing this.

If you want to install solar system in the further. Dont choice it.

ServicesSolar Buy-Back
Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Ryan, thank you for reaching out. I'm sending you a PM regarding your solar credit. Thanks, Eve

Warning: Fraudulent Company

I had to escape this disgusting company. They insisted on estimating my account. They suggested I was impeding meter reading.... They doubled my usual power use in their estimate, This went on for six months. But I have a working "smart meter"!!!!
BEWARE

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Reg, this sounds very concerning. I'd like to look into why your distributor was estimating your meter reads. I've sent you a private message for your details. Thanks, Eve

Ken C

Ken CSouth East Queensland, QLD

I have to do the metre readings for them all the time!

Previously the metre reader said my side gate was locked so that he can't take the readings (no, it has no lock. He tried to push but didn't try to pull).

This time he left a note saying I have a dog (no, I don't have any pets. Not even my neighbours).

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

never back to alinta energy

to have our business with them they promised a low price ,then started to make it higher and higher ,Christmas time we closed for 3 weeks and we received a higher bill than usual ,don"t trust them

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Ben, I'm happy to have a look and see if we can find why your bills were higher than you expected. I'm sending you a PM to get your details. Thanks, Eve

Connecting Solar

Alinta contractor come out and gave us an installation defect for our newly installed meter upgrade for our solar. However the form they provided us after 5 hours of ringing around and 3 electricians confirming it is for new dwellings not preexisting dwelling which our house is. After ringing the connections team from Energex the person there said in 20 years of experience he hasn't seen this form produced to us today for an existing dwelling. Alinta has had multiple phone calls from us today and we are yet to receive an answer or phone call back!!! NOT HAPPY!

HORRIBLE SERVICE

Was rejected when the application was completed online, however received a letter saying “welcome” when I called they advised the service was cancelled. However, it was never set up as they had REFUSED us in the first place.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Ebony, I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sending you a PM for more details as I'd like to look into this for you. Thanks, Eve