1.8 from 1,085 reviews

Pat

PatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service office provide with incorrect information

Fed upMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overcharged bill with no genuine assistance

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Fed Up, thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry that this has been your experience. As this is now with the Ombudsman, you'll be hearing from our Customer Advocacy team. Thanks, Eve

Hi Eve,
We are already talking to the Customer Advocacy team but they are still not addressing our concerns properly. The above comment relates to the Customer Advocacy team interactions as well. Thanks.

Wada

WadaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overpriced Service

Faizul M.

Faizul M.Sydney, NSW

Overcharged Bill

I used to get 350$ to 450$ bill on average quarterly bill with 3 person now I got billed 900$. I haven't got any new appliances. I've tried reaching out to call centres but no luck with bill

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Faizul, I'm happy to have a look into this bill for you. I've sent you a PM to get some details from you. Thanks, Eve

Confused

Curious how a single person with a visitor every so often gets a $535.00 bill.
i have solar panels also. I was told to go check metre number to see if it matches the invoice. both metres to units are in my box so maybe. Though I can't find a number similar at all. When I shared with 4 people my bill was this price.
Alinta Energy you must of made a mistake. Not possible. If I'm wrong I apolgize. paid but not happy.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Confused kilowat, I'm happy to look into your bill for you. I've sent you a private message to get more details. Thanks, Eve

Spieck

SpieckAU

Customer service NEVER deliver (unless you complain on product review)

Mal

MalGippsland, VIC

Smooth payment

I have been with alinta for a couple of years and had no problems, all of a sudden my deductions stopped without any reason, and they could not find a reason, now they want me to put in more than double the amount which will put a large amount of credit which they will collect interest. That is my money, go to hell

ServicesGas

Rose

Rose

Concession rebate back pay

I am eligible to get government rebate on electricity as a health care holder but they refused to back pay for 3 month periods that I did not update my concession because it was expired. I never had to update my concession detail with other providers and I didn't know that it has to be updated. They should inform me to provide new expired date or advise me before when I sign up with Alinta. I cannot understand why it cannot be adjusted it didn't not cancelled and just got changed expired date on the card.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Rose, I do apologise you have had this experience with Alinta Energy and I do want to help you the best I can. I have replied to your private message, I look forward to your reply. Thanks, Ada.

Reviewer101

Reviewer101Perth, WA

Alinta Rip Off!

ServicesGas
Angry customer

Angry customerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst company ever

My bill suddenly double with this company rang to ask why the said just pay the bill but thinking of going to accc about them as just ripping people off. Rang several times to sort but they not interested .

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Angry Customer, I'm sorry you had this experience. I'd like to help you find why your bill has doubled. I've sent you a PM for further details. Thanks, Eve

Bill has almost doubled when should be $60 cheaper

Left Red Energy as Choice review have Alinta as better environmentally and economically. Alinta were going to save us $60 a quarter but our bill has doubled before discount. Should have read reviews. Going back to Red, Australian company based in the Snowy.
Alinta say they messaged me to resolve this - they didn't.

Alison
Alison

No message in inbox, spam or trash of either my email or product review, not exactly sure where you sent the message to. I will be taking this up with your customer complaints and likely the ombudsman.

SusuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Alinta Rip Off

My bill has always been around $200-250 it’s now DOUBLED & I havnt even been home as much yet alinta customer service which is automatically handled overseas advises it could be due to our weather. This company is definitely dodgy!!! Searching for another provider. They sucked everyone in with their promotions only to rip off their customers after.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Susu, I'd like to help you find why your bill has unexpectedly doubled. I'm based right here in Australia, and I'm more than happy to help you. I've sent you a private message to get the details I'll need to investigate this for you. Thanks, Eve

Susu

Eve you have not bothered in replying back to messages . I presume you only posted your happy to investigate to make this disgraceful company try and look better and it has made it worse. Is this being ignored again?

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Susu, I do apologise for this delay. We've had an issue where I was unable to login. I've replied to your private message. Thanks, Eve

1 star is more than I'd like to give

Only myself and my 1yo daughter live at the property but getting bills for $1000 for 60days use. Asked for someone to come and look at the meter and advise they would contact when coming. No one came but alinta keep stating they did and have sent another high bill. If I had a house full I would understand a decent amount bill but not as high as I'm getting. Total rip off and definitely changing providers.
Alinta will also not add my concession discount either. Never have had a bill any higher than $600 per qtr previously and that was the heat of summer.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Stacey, I'm happy to look into why these bills are higher than you expected for you. I'd also like to help with regard to your concession. I've sent you a private message to get further details. Thanks, Eve

Maureen OBrien

Maureen OBrienSydney, NSW

"Alinta worst energy company.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Maureen, I'd really like to help you with receiving these rebates. I've sent you a private message for further details so I can get started. Thanks, Eve

Amara

AmaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great company to deal with

I was with Alinta for a while and saving heaps.
Then they changed the offer for new customers and were offering an extra 3 percent discount. My next bill had the extra discount even though I wasn't a new customer. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Amara, thank you for you lovely feedback :) We do appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Don't forget to check out our rewards shop for more great savings. I've also sent you private message :) Thanks, Eve

Shelley G

Shelley GBrisbane

Best of a Bad Bunch

Have to say that I have never had an issue with Alinta. Certainly the best of a bad bunch. Easy to access bills and required information. I think all Energy Companies are rotting the system, however this Company seems to be a better option to Energex or Lumo.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Shelley, we do appreciate this positive feedback and we value you as a loyal customer :) If there’s anything I can help you with please feel free to reach out Shelley. Thanks, Ada.

patty keyworth

patty keyworthSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Bill is ridiculous high with solar power.

This is my 3rd quarterly payment with this company and there is no way my bill could triple from the last bill and with solar power. Taking the company for further actions . I work and hardly ever home and cannot understand how this is possible. My bill has never been this high when I had no solar power. Do not join . Bad company .

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Patty, I’m sorry this has been your experience with Alinta Energy and I would really like this investigated for you. I have sent through a private message to retrieve the relevant details, I will wait on your reply. Thanks, Ada.

Sam RMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do Not trust

I got a 'fair28' deal from Alinta which they say 28% discount on the bill.

How they works this out is with a much higher per kWh rate (extra 10 cents than my previous retailer, can you believe that!)

I've been paying at least $100 more than I've been with the previous retailer since I joined Alinta.

Absolute scam!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Sami, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have replied via private message. Thanks, Ada.

carmel

carmelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hmmmm after reading all these terrible reviews Im thinking I have made wrong move.

I have just red all the reviews and theres barely a positive one? I have just joined with them and now Im worried about my first bill and how high it will be.. How can Alinta still be in business after all these negative reviews and not do anything about their high billing. I will wait for my first bill, if this is not lower than my previous supplier I will not be hanging around for a second round.

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Hannah A.South East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting company, highly overpriced

Omar

Omarasked

Very Poor customer service, and they are provide customer service from overseas, they work like robots, inefficient, I am lucky I cancelled service right after I sign up
I was with AGL, happy to continue as Alinta seems no reliable and they don't look after customers

Susu

Alinta continue to lie about investigating any problems but post they are happy to do so. Disgusting that they continue to lie to the public reading the reviews as well.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Omar, I'm sorry this has been your experience with Alinta Energy as this is not the type of customer service we want any of our customers to experience. I am located here in Australia (WA) and if there is anything I can help you with, I am a private message away or if you prefer to send me through an email - I'd be happy to pass this on to you. Thanks, Ada.

Leslie

Leslieasked

advantages pamphlet ways to stay warm says the suns warmth comes from the South ?? Not in Australia. Where are you Asia or us ??? Les

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Leslie, thanks for your comment. We appreciate you pointing this out to us, this has been picked up and passed on. Thanks, Ada.

Steve C.asked

I have solar and receive a credit every bill. Currently around $780 in credit. How do I arrange to have this money paid out to me?

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Steve, thanks for your comment. I have sent through a private message. Thanks, Ada.

aimz
aimz

hey mate, did you end up getting a response? I too have credit but there seems to be no way in withdrawing this money

Steve C.

They told me to contact them to arrange the credit. To be honest I’ve done nothing about it. When you read their contract it says that money remains as a credit on the account and if you leave them you forfeit it.
See how ya go mate.