1.8 from 1,161 reviews

• Rates and Fees

Terrible stay clear

I was signed with Alinta without my consent through a third party in Sep. I repeatedly called to say I did not consent to sign up as did my old provider but they signed me up anyway. It took 6 months for my electricity to go back. Meanwhile I was charged the highest bill I have ever received. I contacted their complaint team as was told I would have an answer within a week and 4 weeks later still waiting. I have just lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman. I hope they get fined. Very bad customer service and unethical behaviour.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Nat, I do apologise this has been your experience with Alinta Energy. However as you have now made a complaint with the ombudsman you will be hearing from our Customer Advocacy team. Thanks, Ada.

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Forge company never never go to this company, they are biggest thugs .

Last year 2019 I signed alinta energy for gas d electricity. I got my first will after 5 months and it's come 800$ and after discount its come around 530&.
I was shocked to see that. When I asked them explanation t. They did not give me reliable answers or you can say they don't know anything. Now I am with energy Australia and I got my bill for 90 days zero bill on top I got25&cr towards solar.

Now I have dispute over gas bill. These people owe me 17 dollars but they refuse to pay me back on top they asked to pay full money of gas bill.

Shame on you alinta your are ripper of people money.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Sam, I do apologise this has been your experience with Alinta Energy and if you have not yet reached a solution can you please send me a PM. Thanks, Ada.

Jacinta

JacintaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful

Customer service is awful. I was with a large provider for 5 years and my first bill with Alinta was the highest I have ever received. The customer service officers and supervisors expect the customer to sort out issues. The customer service also have no clue about what is going on in Australia.

Iam H.South East Queensland, QLD

In Financial Hardship so they charge me $250 more!

I sent them an email explaining my position & they send a ROBOT to call me demanding payment, no options, no humans nothing! I then get email threatening me. So call them & get someone called Vincent who sounds like he is in India who doesn't listen & keeps talking over me! It takes him minutes to type in every step of ID verification. Vincent said he would send me a Hardship application form & days later its not here! After an hour I get thru to another Dept. who want me to sign up for 12 months of payments before I even fill out hardship forms. Filthy mongrels charging people in financial hardship hundreds of $ more.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

I will need to speak with you privately to obtain your account details, I have now sent through a private message because I'd like to help you Iam! Thanks, Ada.

Helen

HelenCentral, SA

I don't get it.

I live alone. Since my last power bill, I have switched off my upright freezer and a big fish pond pump, I have not switched anything new on but yet my latest power bill is about $100 more! How the hell does that work???

ServicesGas
Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Helen, I do apologise this has been your experience with Alinta Energy and I am more than happy to look over this for you. I will send through a private message to discuss this with you further. Thanks, Ada.

Milly

MillySouth East Queensland, QLD

Was convinced to move to Alinta eneregy

Just receive my first bill for 38 days was more than Origin for 93 days, and we have solar, cant believe we have full sun and the bill is higher for a short the time frame

martin

martinIllawarra, NSW

I wonder

my phone number +61 (61) does not work, why electricity and computer work 24/7, why can't you let your people work from home, why don't you and the top 150 multinationals and central banks forgo interests and bills till this crisis is over. 4 days later no response, lots of unemployed people available why not employ more people to resolve your problems. You are an essential service if a country refuses you to work cut off their electricity supplies.

dan

danSouth East Queensland, QLD

Same usage as a 4 person house

Just recieved a $560 bill with an estimated daily consumption of 17 equivilent to a 4 person dwelling. I live alone and am not home from mon to fri exept for after 6 where I watch tv and go to bed. This is absoloute lunacy this bill gets higher and higher every quater yet im not adding any extra white goods or electronics and I dont have aircon this is a disgusting rort

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Dan, I'm sorry these bills are higher than expected and I thank you for reaching out to us. I'd like to look into your account and see what's going on here. I have sent through a private message, hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Ada.

Paul

They won’t submit solar information to power cor.

Paul

Please be warned do not go with this energy company. They have the worst ratings on Product review site.

Laura F.

Laura F.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Loyal until now.

We have been with alinta for many years and have moved 3 times before.
This move has had me lose all faith in the company. I spoke to the call centre to arrange disconnection (of old property) and connection (of new property). 4 days after expected connection, still no electricity. No one contacted me to explain “error”. Called today and were told it would be connected in 2 hours. Nope. And still no alert to an issue.
My husband is now driving to the new property at 8.40pm while on the phone to the call centre. We have had trade call our fees, with work unable to be competed. I am extremely dissatisfied and disappointed. We will be considering taking our business elsewhere if the issue has not been resolved.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Laura, I'm so sorry to hear of your connection issues. If this has not yet been resolved, I'd like to help. Please respond to my PM so I may help. Thanks, Eve

John L

John LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Queensland Seniors Concession

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi John L, I'm sorry this has not been resolved quickly for you. I'm happy to follow up on this with Customer Advocacy for you. I've sent you a PM to get the details I'll need to follow up on this. Thanks, Eve

Terrible customer service and tactics.

Alinta literally, after saying no to changing my provider, sent mail, emails and texts way to often. Then WITHOUT my permission changed my electricity provider to them. You can't do that.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi monavie.samuelwhittingha, I'm very concerned to hear this as we do require valid ID for a sign-up. I've sent you a PM for further details so I can look into this for you. Thanks, Eve

TeganSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bringing awareness to bill charges for people! Check your charges!

Tegan

No it's fine - we have already swapped over from Alinta. The top corner of the bill says we are on the "Domestic Single Rate Plan" so if we are not that is also Alinta's stuff up and I'm not impressed even more with the company.......

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

No worries Tegan. If you change your mind, I'm happy to help. Have a great day, Eve

WORST customer service and repsonse

requested in Oct 2019 to change my previous gas provider and move to Allinta even then no response. Since Jan 2020 have called them regularly every week to get my new gas connection, but no response. They tell you they have sent the person to do a meter reading but no response will come if it is connected successfully or failed due to some issue.

Now i will move both my electricity and gas to some other provider as have already given them this warning.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi RJ89 n, I'm very sorry to hear this. I'd like the chance to look into this for you. I've sent you a private message to get some more details. Thanks, Eve

chong

chongSydney, NSW

Terrible service. Request for temp disconnection. Take no Action, No Feedback. DO NOT GO WITH THIS RETAILER

Call them for the temp disconnection for the gas due to the renovation. take no action. email for feedback and no reply. Call them again and they mention it get rejected. Could not believe this!!!!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Chong, I'm very sorry you haven't been able to get a temporary disconnection. I'm happy to look into this for you, if you'd like to PM me with your details. Thanks, Eve

Expensive Bills

I had my first bill with alinta and it was just under $800 for 1 month and the next few bills where high as to for one monthly bills now I’m in the red paying them back I’m going to look into it so I shouldn’t have to owe them anything . There the worst company I have ever been through.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Leanne, I'm happy to look into why your bills are higher than you expected. I've sent you a PM for further details I'll need to investigate. Thanks, Eve

DaughterSouth East Queensland, QLD

All too difficult

We have solar that more often than not leaves us with a credit bill. We switched to Alinta after a marketing call from them because they promised to give a slightly bigger discount. Honestly, it really doesn't matter how could the credit balance is if you can't get your hands on that money but. Our previous provider was able to automatically direct deposit any CR balance, just as Alinta would direct debit a DR balance, but with a Credit balance at Alinta it takes a number of phone calls over a period of weeks to months to get each refund deposited. We earn every cent in effort and frustration and are now changing back.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Daughter, I'm sorry to hear of your experience in having your solar credit refunded. If this has not yet been resolved, please PM me with your details so I can help with your refund. Thanks, Eve

Lachy

Got declined because of my "credit check"

What is this? Moving house and thought I'd give them a go because they are meant to be one of the cheaper options. One day away from my move date I got an EMAIL to say my "application was declined"
I had no idea they were even going to check my credit file but one things for sure, never again in my life will I use them. In fact I will actually go out of my way to let me friends and family know to never use them.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Lachy, yes we notify customers in our terms and conditions that we carry out a credit check. If you feel that the result of your credit check is wrong, please PM me with your details so I can look into this for you. Thanks, Eve

Lachy

Not good enough, it should be clearly stated on the sign up page. I've already signed up and connected my power through Click Energy with no issues. People deserve to know how truely sneaky and incompetent you are.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

I'm sorry Lachy, this is something you would have agreed to on our sign-up page.

friggaMurray Mallee, SA

alinta is hopeless

they have a call center that is useless . it is in foreign country and there is is the old adage you get what you pay for . as soon as it is not run of the mill the communication breaks down they expect me to do the ground work and relay messages between meter fitters electricians sa power networks and whom ever. i will be getting out of my account asap . bottom line they are crap to deal with. All we are trying to do is get a new meter installed for our solar power. Panels were installed on 9/12/19 and we are still waiting. Just gross incompetence. Doing our heads in! Grrrrrr!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Frigga, I'm very sorry to hear of your experience. I'd like to look into this for you and see how I can help get this meter installed. I've sent you a PM for further details. Thanks, Eve

Scott

ScottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Connection fail

Completed online form and followed up with a phone call saying that as this is a remote island in QLD the connection is only done on one day of the week Wednesday. told by the person on the phone no we will have it done on the Tuesday. Wednesday morning receive txt sorry we were unable to connect please call.
Call and receive the run a round making sound like my fault for not letting them know. So now have missed the Wednesday dead line and have an 85 year old stuck for a week with out power and no help but sorry you should have let us know.
Do not use this company totally unreliable.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Scott, I'm very sorry this connection didn't happen as scheduled. I'd like to look into this for you. I've sent you a private message for some further details. Thanks, Eve

Larry

Larryasked

My electricity account is in credit from solar feed in. How do you claim solar credits from your account

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Larry, I'm happy to help you with this credit. I've sent you a PM to get some details from you. Thanks, Eve

Wallace

Wallaceasked

Can u get money back if you have paid to much on your bill

Daughter

I'm not in the habit of paying too much on my bill so can only guess that it would not be any easier than getting solar money they owe you. We have been with them for about 6 bill cycles and have had to spend up to 2 months chasing 4 of them. Currently it is 3 weeks since we were promised our money would take 10 days to go in our account. When I rang back again (and spent 20mins on hold only to then be transferred) yesterday I was told that since it is "urgent" it should be in my account in the next 24-72 hours. It's not yet, but it's now Saturday so at the earliest I expect Tuesday, but the question is, if they can do a transaction now for 24-72hrs (which I've yet to see happen) why does the original request take "10 business days", and then still not make it? Monday's job is to change providers, I've had enough of empty promises. AGL you don't even have to ring, they automatically deposit a credit balance, just like if you had a Debit balance with Alinta they'd automatically deduct it, but won't do it the other way around.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Wallace, I'll be happy to help you with this. I've sent you a PM to get the details I'll need to look at a refund. Thanks, Eve

I Za

I Zaasked

My account was way in credit before transferring and I didnt owe Alinta anything. Now they are harassing me for overdue amount without itemising or giving particulars no matter how many times I emai them. I am disgusted with them and warn everybody, I refuse to answer any calls, I want everything in writing and soon will seek legal advice regarding this matter.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi I Za, I'm very sorry to hear this. When transferring to another retailer, this change happens at your next scheduled meter read after meeting criteria and requirements. This overdue amount could be from your final bill. I'd like to look into this for and provide you with any particulars relating to this. I've sent you a PM for the details I'll need to look into this for you. Thanks, Eve

Bryce
Bryce

Have been a loyal customer for years and recently installed solar panels and been trying to get a meter change done for my property. Unfortunately even with multiple followups from both my myself and the solar installer have not got a date for the meter change over as yet. Our last update with the Alinta customer service rep on the phone was that Alinta needed to do something that was still outstanding before they could send it out to the installers. Very disappointed in this delay on a simple meter change, as we have been unable to turn on our solar system and missing out on the benefits of the feed in tarrifs due to this delay despite a significant investment to install solar panels. Can we please get some help to get whatever needs to be done by Alinta completed and our meter change expedited?

Get an answer from our members and Alinta Energy representatives