1.8 from 1,127 reviews

• Rates and Fees

Daniel B

Daniel BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Support and Website

Trying to change payment details was a nightmare. Firstly the website option is hidden and there is no documentation (even though it is promised that there is). Calling support results in speaking to staff that do not have the language skills for there to be reasonable communication. Consider the hidden cost of poorer than usual support before you sign up with them.

SamJJ

SamJJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bill-shock Drama with Alinta

I moved into this property 13 months ago and have been receiving estimated bills the entire time which seemed normal at around 800/1000 per quarter but I just received my last bill for $8620!!!! We nearly died. With the 30% discount it goes down to $6235! I have been dealing with the Resolutions team who are adamant that my first read of the meter was actual, however on the bill it’s states that’s it’s estimated. So it works out that my other bills should have been around $3000 per quarter!! I’m trying to work out what to do but I’m definitely not staying with them and trying to get my head around why my bill is so high for a 2 person residential property!! Stressed.

Highest bill ever experienced

Swapped AGL to alinta my bill increased from $700 to over $1000. Nothing changed but the energy company. We were informed they have the cheapest rates, however our bill was the highest we have

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Nikki, I'm happy to look into this bill for you to see if we can find why it was higher than expected. I've sent you a PM to get the details I'll need to investigate. Thanks, Eve

I ZaNew South Wales

Worst company to deal with

High usage rates despite discounts. Left Alinta with a large credit balance only not to get a refund as they want to refund onto a credit card instead of my bank account, No good to me and my account is now closed and when I tried to log on to my old account I got a message saying my bill is overdue by $357 when its in credit. Impossible to deal with by phone or email steer clear of them!!!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi I Za, I'd like to look into this for you and help you get any refund due. I've sent you a PM for further details so I can help. Thanks, Eve

I Za

No thanks I've had enough of Alinta. Keep it!

John Barker

John BarkerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DECEPTIVE CONDUCT

Rees

ReesPerth, WA

Poor customer service

Signed up for Alinta two weeks ago. I signed up for the sports pack (includes Kayo sports).
1) Was told on the phone by Alinta consultant I would receive a welcome pack in my email and post.

Issues:
1) I didn’t receive a welcome pack of any kind. Ever. I had to follow up myself.

2) they are terrible at responding to emails. I emailed customer.services@alintaenergy.com.au three times and they literally never responded hence why I had to call.

Tip: don’t sign up with Alinta. Just use Kleenheat or some other provider. at least you will have better customer service. I had kleenheat at my previous house and there was never a problem with communication.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Rees, I'm happy to look into why you've not received your welcome pack. This is normally sent out after your 10 day cooling off period. I've sent you a private message for further details to allow me to look into this for you. Thanks, Eve

Roop D.

Roop D.Sydney, NSW

Credit Check fails without explanation!

Requested a connection, it failed credit check. Received my credit file for equifax, no adverse history, no defaults, no late payments, solid credit score, Alinta can’t explain the reasons. Very poor!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Roop, I'm happy to look into this for you. I've sent you a private message to get further details so I can help. Thanks, Eve

Gracious MD C.

Gracious MD C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rates changed

I installed solar panels last year, since then i have got two letters from alinta energy advising me that my energy rates are going up. This is so disappointing that we pay thousands $ to get cheaper energy and become more self sufficient but these people raise your rates and waste your effort and money. I'm really disappointed and currently looking to switch to another company.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Barb

BarbSydney, NSW

Worst customer service ever

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Barb, I'm very sorry to hear of your experience. This is not at all what we want for our customers. I'd like to help find a resolution for you so I'm private messaging you for further details. Thanks, Eve

Good energy provider

I transferred across to Alinta Energy 12 months ago and was given a 12 month benefit discount. I have been very happy with the service provided and the monthly charge for electricity.
This week I received a letter from the company advising me the 12 month discount period was over, however they will continue to give me the discount for another 12 months.
I won’t have to research electricity charges for another year.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Traveller, thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback :) If you ever do have any queries or require help, please get in touch. Have a great day, Eve

Stan west

Stan westGippsland, VIC

No good

Been with them for 2 years and now they have put my rates up 30 % how can they justified that they can go to hell I'll be looking for another company good buy alinta

Amanda

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Had an issue with my electricity bill but it was cleared up very quickly.

I had an issue with my electricity bill and Alinta on this website cleared it up very quickly. Very happy with the service they provided me and let me know what the issue was. Thankyou!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Amanda, I'm sorry to hear this. If you haven't already reached a resolution, I'm happy to look into this bill for you. I've sent you a PM for further details. Thanks, Eve

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

I'm glad we could clear this up for you Amanda :)

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

RIP OFF COMPANY

Absolutely disgusting company. I made the move from origin to Alinta, my bills were roughly $400 to $500 per quarter then got my first bill from Alinta it was $2550 !! my daily usage was 20.44 with Origin and with Alinta it went to 101 !! when called no one could explain as nothing has changed and no we haven't added anything different. They can reduce my bill to $788 without a worry then put it back up to $1100. Safe to say that after 2 hour phone call and getting no where I will be moving back to Origin Immediately. They are an absolute joke of a company would NEVER recommend

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Lisa, I'd really like the opportunity to look into your bill with a view to finding a resolution for you. I've sent you a PM to get some details from you that will allow me to investigate. Thanks, Eve

Hi Eve

Thanks but we had a manager who couldn't answer our questions so it's now In the hands of the ombudsmen

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Thank you for letting me know Lisa.

Merry Xmas

Thank you Alinta for ruining Xmas . They decide to direct debit money out of my account, without my permission or notification . Which was my Xmas money. Bills dont add up never get call backs . So when my 11 year old son wonders why there is not much under our tree , I will get them to call you to advise why ... oh also thank you because he stilll believes in Santa so that now destroyed.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Leah, I'm sorry to hear this. As I'd really like to look into this for you, I've sent you a private message for further details. Thanks, Eve

Spud

SpudSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scammers

Do not sign over to Alinta as they are liars.They promise not to estimate your bill reading which was a lie as with my bill we had solar panels installed which made for a cheaper bill.but when we signed over to alinta they estimated our bill from when we didnt have our solar panels so we got given a huge bill ..when we phoned them they said they would correct the issue but kept sending us an over due statement telling us to pay the over charged bill.. we rang multiple times with them telling us that they cancel the over charge but with no success.they have now sent it to the debit collectors..which resulted in us having to pay a massive bill which we were wrongly charged for.
WARNING Do NOT SWITCH TO ALINTA
Zero star rating .

DO NOT BOTHER!

Changed from Origin to Alinta!
Origin bills were great, but was told alinta was cheaper so jumped on the 22% deal, wow! What a mistake that was! My bills are $900 thats how they suck you in, give great pay on time percentage but their bills are through the roof so you lose that 22%
Never in my life have i ever gotten electricity bills so high! The thing is, everything gets turned off at the wall! Rip offs dont even bother with ALINTA!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Lill T, I'm very sorry you're unhappy with us. I'd like to look into your bills for you to see if we can find a resolution. I've sent you a PM for further details so I can investigate. Thanks, Eve

Alita P.

Alita P.

Zero stars

Alinta charged 80 percent more than kleenheat. I was completely ripped off. When I left Alinta I was harassed as to why. They completely shut up when I explained they have let me down.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Alita P, I'm very sorry you felt let down. I'd really like to look into this for you as our rates are quite similar to Kleenheat's rates. I've sent you a PM to get further info so I can help you. Thanks, Eve

Pollywaffle

PollywaffleMelbourne

Moved my gas and electricity from Origin without permission.

Alinta recently transferred my gas and electricity without permission from Origin. Origin called to warn me this was happening. I called Alinta immediately to ensure any transfer was cancelled. They lied over and over on the phone claiming there was no account under my name or address. Half an hour later Origin called me to confirm my gas and electricity had been moved to Alinta. I have no idea how they can get away with this and am now stuck trying to get my electricity and gas switched back and will no doubt have to deal with fighting cancellation and re-connection fees. How this can happen is beyond me!

sam

samIllawarra, NSW

Worst of the worst, please tell your friends too

Two month ago transferred our electricity to this company, absolutely a pain to deal with. I hope the profits earn by this company, spent on medical charges for their families. My advise is to AVOID this company.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Sam, I'm sorry to hear this. I'd like to help so I've sent you a PM to see how I can help you. Thanks, Eve

AmayzingoneSydney, NSW

Dont use Alinta - They will cost you money and gross inconvenience

Halina Z.asked

My electricity bill doesn't show pensioner discount and I don't know why. Is it the concession adjustment if paid by due date?

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Halina, thank you for reaching out. Your previous card may have expired and the new card details may not have been updated. I'm happy to check if I can see this on my system. The Government concession rebate is applied to the bill when you receive it. The easiest way to have your concession details added to your account is to call 133702. If you prefer, I can arrange for an agent to call you. If you'd like to receive a call, can I please get your best contact number and good times to call? Thanks, Eve

Halina Z.

Thankyou for your prompt answer. I have just spoken to Alinta on that number and have it all sorted out. Merry Christmas. Halina

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

I'm glad this is all sorted for you Halina. Merry Christmas to you too :) Have a great day, Eve

wally

wallyasked

how do you claim solar credits from your account

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Wally, I'd be happy to help you. The credits on the accounts are these all from your solar system? I have sent through a private message to discuss this with you. Thanks, Ada.

Tom

Tomasked

I just had a call from someone offering me a 'better' deal with Alinta than Origin. I was about to change over until I read through all these complaints about Alinta. Now I wouldn't be game enough to risk it.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Tom, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have :) Unfortunately, people are much more likely to review a negative experience than a positive one. If you have any queries or I can help in any way, please do PM me. Thanks, Eve

chris.albrow
chris.albrow

Hello Tom best I can say is compare prices and if the saving is worthwile the n consider. Remember your personal details are going overseas and you will not be talking to Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Alinta Energy representatives