Alinta Energy

Took me over without consent, after the confirmed that was no contract yet.

Alinta Energy called me about a month ago trying to transferring me over to them, and I was curious to see what they had to offer. After the sales pitch they said that this was not a formal agreement, and that a welcome pack would be mailed to be with the details. "Once I had received the welcome pack, all I needed to do was call them back for a confirmation". Well I had just be transferred over the Alinta without any confirmation that I was still interested. My current provider, AGL, notified me that ALINTA was trying to take me over. AGL responded to Alinta with my approval to cancel the transfer and for me stay with my current provider. It still went through! And when I called Alinta up during the 10 days cooling off period, they apologised and tried to give me another offer to encourage me to stay!
Absolute crooks. If you are contacted by Alinta, I would higher encourage you to not give any details over the phone. All their information and package details are on their website, check here first before anything else. Don't get caught in a trap, stay safe peeps.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Benjamin, this is very concerning to hear. I'd really like to look into this for you and see what has happened. I will send you a PM now to get some more details. Thanks, Rose.

This is terrible to connect the electricity

It has been three days with no power in our home. We contacted Alinta six months ago to swatch the electricity account from the rent agent’s account to Alinta. They said it has been done but days ago, we had the electricity cut off! Alinta said they cannot establish the account for us months before without any remind to us! We tried to fix the power, so we arranged the new connection from them, but till now, no electricity. We obeyed the guidance to switch off all switch controls. It is terrible!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Yuhan, this is very concerning to hear. Are you able to send me a PM with your account details and I can look into this for you. Thanks, Rose.

concession issue

Been with Alinta for over a year now. We had to change a unit in the same apartment and they made me to do a whole new account for the same and later they stuffed up my concession details and did not give me concession of over 6months which i had to call them and email them over and over again to finally get it recently.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Murali, I do apologise that you have had trouble with adding your concession card details. I'm glad this issue has now been rectified for you. If you'd like to discuss further please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks, Rose.

Horrible customer service

The smallest issue can't be resolved with a simple phone call, and easy requests, like: please send me a written statement if you think my bill is overdue, with the ACTUAL AMOUNT OWING so I can pay it, aren't fulfilled. Then you get harrassed for an overdue bill, without actually being told the bill is overdue, or by how much!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Belinda, we certainly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking at ways to improve our customer service. If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks, Rose.

Pensioner discount

My very elderly father is entitled to a pensioner discount. I've contacted them 4 times about it, including when I changed to Alinta. So far... nada. They simply don't want to apply it. I am on the account to assist, but your service centre refuses to help. Disgraceful service.. I will be changing!

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Hi, I'm really sorry to hear that you've had this trouble adding your dad's concession card to the account. I will send you a PM now to discuss further. Thanks, Rose.

Complete lack of responsibility

Became a customer in 2018. Got very high bills in early 2019 - nearly double usual quarterly amount so I installed Solar and Alinta needed to come and add a smart meter to my existing meter box. Weeks later they said they couldn't find my meter box (every other energy provider for previous 7 years had !). Delay after delay after delay and after they finally installed the smart meter - in my very obvious meter box - this incompetent company were still telling me they had to estimate my bills because they couldn't find my meter box. I complained to their complaints manager, who said "I am going to take a personal interest in your complaint". More than three weeks later I heard nothing further despite three extra messages left for her. Complained to Ombudsman and now I am dealing with Alinta's supposed CUSTOMER ADVOCATE and the process starts all over again. Despite being aware that I have complained to the Ombudsman, a week later she still has not acknowledged my complaint so I am back to complaining to OMBUDSMAN. This company is incompetent. They fail to address customer complaints in any meaningful fashion, or at all. Go straight to the energy Ombudsman because Alinta's complaints handling is a sorry facade. If enough complaints go to the Ombudsman this mob may finally be held accountable.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Alex, I'd really like to look into this for you and see why you have not been contacted by our team. Are you able to send me a PM with your details. Thanks, Rose.No thanks. I have previously spoken to your Complaints Manager and when I heard nothing I left her messages which were ignored. Consequently I complained to the Ombudsman and was put in touch with your "Customer Advocate" to whom I addressed my complaint. Your "Customer Advocate" ignored my complaint until I copied in the Ombudsman about the advocates lack of response. Only when the I copied in the Ombudsman did I receive a late response from the advocate. That response does not properly address the complaint and nor does it offer a reasonable settlement of the matter, so I have now taken my complaint back to the Ombudsman. If I can't get assistance from Alinta's complaints manager or Alinta's Customer Advocate (without having to continually go back to the Ombudsman) then I don't intend to speak to you Rose. This matter rests with the Ombudsman which is exactly where I should have gone months ago because your organisation can't even deal with complaints, let alone the operation source of themHi Alex, I do understand your frustration and I'm sorry your experience with Alinta Energy was not as expected. Please keep in mind you are welcome to contact me directly if you do need any assistance. Thanks, Rose.

They rip you off at the end

Warning ! Warning ! Warning
Alinta is a scam company. Seriously I used them for about 7 months.
1st Bills 95 days amount $259.98
2nd Bills 92 days amount $249.52
LAST BILLS 35 days amount $ 739.34 plus disconnection fee Total is over $1000.00

35days bills is HIGHER than 90days ??

They're saying the 2 previous bills is estimated reading. When I asked why estimating reading, they said because there is a dog in a property. I dont have any pet at all. The property i lived is PET is not allowed.
How come when I lived in that property they counted by ESTIMATED but when the property empty They said the reading is ACTUAL. It doesn't make sense.
They told me nothing they can do as the reader was from a third party (another company) called ESSENTIAL, and they asked me to contact Essentials to complain. It's funny I am a customer of Alinta why they brought up other company to deal ?? finally did contact Essential but of course Essential can't give me any info as I wasn't their customer. (If we buy orange from Supermarket then if something wrong such as get poisoned we wouldn't complain to the farmers direct right ? but to supermarket we bought the orange).

ALINTA couldn't explain or prove it how they calculated.
They can not investigate what's going on ? It could be missed reading or they read the neighbor box.
Very very disappointed and not professional.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Ferna, this is extremely concerning to hear. I'd really like to investigate this for you and see why your bill was so high. If you'd like me to, please send me a PM with your account details. Thanks, Rose.I hv been dealing with the Supervisor by the name Rens for about a month. She said nothing else they can do as they reckon the have investigated, (for me still nothing), as they only provide a picture of a box with the number. How would I know it's my property box because it doesn't showed any pictures around it. They couldn't provide me how they calculated all ... Alinta could not give me the transparency. Why ?? How do I PM you ? You didn't give me your email address. You can listen to all the conversations as I believed it's recorded. You can email me on fernacarson@gmail.com if you really concern. TksHi Ferna, I have sent you a PM now if you'd like to reply. Thanks, Rose.

Is this an ALINTA ripoff or what

We have, in the last month, had solar panels installed and advise Alinta of this. Today we received a letter from them saying that since or electricity usage has gone up, they are going to increase or rate. Firstly, I totally dispute that or usage has gone up. We were away for a month during the quarter. Secondly, how does that work - that if your usage goes up they increase your rate. It is like the supermarket saying "you bought more groceries this week so from next week the price of the items you buy will be increased for you." That is totally ridiculous. I have never heard of this ludicrous stunt before. By doing that they are increasing your electricity cost even more. I thought they were trying to reduce the cost of electricity. That was the premise on which we switched over to them. I believe that they are trying to up our rate because they know that since we have solar, our usage will be lower and so the want to recoup the money we won't be spending. It is either that or they want to recoup the solar rebate they pay. Has anyone else had this bastardry tried on them. We were going to stick with Alinta even though their feed in tariff was not as good as others. However, we will start looking elsewhere for our power.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Tony, this seems very unusual to hear. I'd really like to see what is happening with your account and the information you were given. Could you please send me a PM with your account details so I can investigate for you. Thanks, Rose.

Zero rating would be better.

After researching on the Vic Governments page I decided to switch to Alinta Energy as the rates appeared to be the best. Direct debit set up and monthly payment taken before the account was even swapped from existing provider. Then a rude phone call to say the NMI provided was incorrect, you are trying to change another persons account, contract is cancelled, try again when you get the right NMI. With the help of The ombudsman and Energy Australia the NMI was confirmed. I lost count of the number of emails I sent complete with the information from Energy Australia, photos of our meter and our rates notice and numerous queries. Not only did my questions go unanswered, they raised a credit for the direct debit they had taken against an account I was told was cancelled I had clearly asked for a refund not a credit. The final straw was an email to thank me for choosing to stay with them despite my clear statement of not wanting to switch from my current provider. I feel that their ability to communicate on any level is extremely poor. Good luck if you choose them as a provider.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Janice, it's very concerning to hear the issues you have had with Alinta Energy. I know that you have left us but if there is anything you'd like to discuss further or need me to look into, please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks, Rose.Happy to suggest publicly that I feel your company needs some serious help with Customer Service. No need to PM you.Hi Janice, thanks for your feedback. I will pass this on for you. Kind Regards, Rose.

Alinta Energy. Buyer beware!

My average electricity bill over a three year period before switching to Alinta Energy was $475. The biggest bill I'd EVER received for electricity was just over $600. I've received my latest bill from Alinta Energy for almost $1400!!! Needless to say I was gobsmacked. I spoke to three different call centre staff and the reason given for my massive bill, was that Energex not been able to access my metre and therefore Alinta Energy had been estimating my usage....and getting it wrong. I now have to pay the penalty for two different companies ineptitude. No refund has been offered, only more time to pay. There is still no real information forthcoming for why my electricity is now so expensive. I’ve actually had one of my children move out, so if anything usage should be down. Needless to say, I’m on the hunt for a new energy provider. You have been warned!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Adam, we have responded to your messages and your case is being handled by our Customer Advocacy Team. Kind regards, Rose.Your team investigated my case for over a month and could not explain the MASSIVE increase in my bill. Please do not contact me again. I've wasted enough time.

Big saving

I guess the pricing the most people care about in terms of electricity. Alinta offer really good discount and I have been getting big savings since switching over from Origin Energy. Not sure about their customer service but there is no need for me to speak to customer as long as I pay for the bill in time

ServicesElectricity
Hi Bin Y. it's so nice to hear that we can bring a little peace of mind to you with some great savings. Enjoy :) Thanks, Emilia.

Existing customer service poor

I’ve been with Alinta for 9 years. Not once have I received any so call discounts that are been given out. Hello Alinta if your wanting to keep our existing customers improve your customer service. Thankyou

ServicesGas
Hi Matthew, thank you for your comment. I have sent you a private message asking for more detail, as I would like to help. Thanks,Emilia.

Horrific experience, dodge there way out of discount by not sending bills

Alinta energy
Extremely disgusting. Planned to cheat you out of your pay on time discounts by never sending emails then received a text a few days before its due. Annoying to call. Drawn out to 3 months now just to get the account cancelled only to receive another bill to the new homeowners. But we never moved we asked to exit to another company. Called & every rep has a different answer and some just leave you on hold to get help from another worker. Only to get a completely incompetent answer with no one actually knowing whats going on
Then they try to sell you new Alinta products &
Speak over you. Rude and infuriating
Absolutely a shambles and dishonest company.
What a disgrace Australian Cricket allowed Alinta to sponsor them

Dont join alinta you will shorten your life span by stress and talking to fools

ServicesElectricity
Hi Sarah, I'm sorry to hear of your experience with us. I can help you with any issues you maybe having. I will send you a PM now to get some more details. Kind Regards, Rose.

Avoid! Sales reps misleading people to sign up

Avoid signing up to Alinta!

Saleman in Victoria Gardens shopping centre are trying to trick, lie and mislead people into signing up to Alinta.

I will be informing the ACCC about this misconduct as it is against the law to mislead customers!

Salesman bluntly lied about your supply charges and intentionally tried to mislead me into signing up after comparing my current supplier's bill.

He gave the usage rates correctly but tried to mislead me on your daily supply rates and stated Alinta will be $10 cheaper than my current supplier but however this is not the case and i would be $10 a month worse off if i signed up.

He gave the usage rates after gst and discount but gave me your supply charge without gst in the quote and claimed i will be better off signing up. I challenge the sales guy and I called him out about your not cheaper at all and the supply charge is infact more expensive than what he quoted and then he lost interest and said its my decision and bad luck!

This is very unprofessional and your unethical sales tactics giving misleading information to get people to sign up is a LOW ACT!

As i sated the ACCC will be informed of this.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Dj Duke, this is very concerning to hear as we expect all staff representing Alinta Energy to be honest and open on all charges when talking to a customer. I will send you a PM now to get some details and have this issue escalated for you. Thanks, RoseNo one has contacted myself about this issue, I now taking further action and will be reporting this unethical practice to the ACCC and consumer affairs Victoria. Very unprofessional that your company has not contacted myself regarding this serious matter.Hi Dj, please be advised it can take up to 4 business days for our Customer Advocacy Team to be in touch. I have followed this up again for you this morning. Kind Regards, Rose.

5 stars, for 5 years with ALINTA

I have been with Alinta for over 5 years now.
I always pay on time for an amazing discount of 32%. Although this discount isn't offered anymore, due to the length of time and when i signed up to allinta, they kept me on it as a 'grandpa' clause. No other company had been able to match the bills with Kw usage to Alinta.
I have been nothing but happy with alinta. When i have had a problem at the beginning with estimated bills, they re-sent someone out to read the meter FREE.
They have looked after me better than ANY OTHER COMPANY i have been with, for that i am an loyal customer. I dont normal review things as i can't be bothered, but after seeing all the bad reviews and some people deciding to specifically not use alinta due to the reviews, i wanted to clarify... most happy customers don't waste time doing reviews, typically people review when they are unhappy or trolls.
Considering alinta is contract free, i could only suggest TRYING THEM to make up your own mind, rather than missing out cus you were following others opinions

ServicesElectricity
Hi Donna, thank-you so much for taking the time to write your positive feedback. We are very grateful for this and so glad that you are happy with Alinta Energy. Kind Regards, Rose.

Disgusting!!!

We have only been in our property for 3 months, and they are trying to charge us for metres we don't have and no one speaks English, there is no physical office to go to.. NO WAY DO WE RECCOMMEND ALINTA!!! We have contacted them 4 times to get our bills fixed and they are not helpful at all!! No one gets a supervisior, when requested

ServicesElectricity
Hi Janelle, This is very concerning to hear. We would like the opportunity to investigate this further for you. I have sent you a private message if you'd like to respond I'd be happy to help. Thanks, Emilia.

Origin versus Alinta — I’m staying with Origin

After reading your reviews with most being negative and even though you are offering 9% disc higher on top of Origin, these reviews have made up my mind . Staying put.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Tracey, thanks for your comment. We are aware that there are many negative reviews regarding Alinta Energy on Product Review. We also have a lot of positive ones posted, hopefully you have also looked at these. Kind Regards, Rose

what a shame !!

what a shame!!! ... up until today I was a very happy Alinta customer .. today I asked for an extension on paying my bill of a week due to circumstances out of my control and was going to make a small payment today and the balance next week... the advisor I got was so blunt and grilled me about why I wasn’t paying and made me feel inferior and worthless .. i’ve always been a good customer and paid bills on time ... made me go on a ‘hardship plan ‘ .. i only wanted a weeks grace ?? needless to say i will now be looking at other providers!!!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Burleigh, this is really disappointing to hear as at Alinta Energy we pride ourselves on treating all our customers with respect when they require assistance from us. I'm more than happy to send this feedback through and see why a Hardship Plan was put in place for you. Please feel free to send me a PM if you'd like me to. Thanks, Rose.

Good service, no issues.

Had gas and electricity with Alinta for a year in my share house. I had no issues with the service and their customer service line was quick and helpful! Personally I would use this service again.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Emily, thank-you so much for taking the time to post your positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Kind Regards, Rose.

Not happy.

My father is in his 90s and has been a customer of Alinta for years. He's recently moved to a unit and contacted Alinta to connect gas to his new address. After numerous phone calls 12 days later ,still no gas ,even after promises they'll turn up. He's 92, and boiling a kettle to wash and do dishes. P.S. He's always paid his bills with you in the past. What's the problem??

ServicesGas
Hi Susan, this sounds very concerning to hear. I will send you a PM now to get some more details and investigate this issue immediately. Thanks, RoseNo problem. He's changing providers. Goodbye. Not happy.Hi Susan, I do apologise for the delay. You have only bought this to my attention as off Tuesday I do realise this was an on-going issue with Customer Service previously. I have escalated this as a matter of urgency for you. Thanks, Rose