Horrendous customer service

Extremely disappointed with the level of customer service provided by Allianz. Myself and my family have had nothing but negative experience with this company and I urge you to find an alternate supplier! Never had any issues with AAMI or Budget insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Good to be covered

Used them 5 times before and they’ve been reliable, no claims this holiday which was great .

Policy was quite expensive as I had a declared medical condition which increased the premium by about 30% , but I was willing to pay this to be covered.

DestinationAustralia
Claim MadeNo

Would have to seriously reconsider before purchasing again

I did not have any issues whilst travelling or need to make any claim. However documents had arrived to my house after I had left for my holiday. They stated I purchased the insurance on August 24, when in fact the purchase date was June 1st. Big difference there.

Claim MadeNo

Read the PDS so many reasons for not to pay you....

Opted for comprehensive thinking it will cover all. At the time of claim they told many things are not part of PDS. Not Eligible for claim only if you can't travel due to a family member not well. Only covers you.

Have always used Allianz due to brand. Never again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi there, I have sent you a private message. Regards, TeganThanks Tegan. Not sure if you can help. I was promised a call back within 2 Business Days on 10th. Today is 13th and i still dont have any call.

holidayinsurance

i have used alliance several times and will in the future. i found it easy to set up online . at this stage i have not have to make a claim but i am sure it will be easy. i also have home insurance with alliance

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the feedback Stephen and we look forward to covering you next time! Kind regards, Tegan

Allianz Travel Insurance

The policy was market competitive and the process of putting the it in place was extremely simple. Hard to judge until you have a claim so i can only judge on price and process.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks Peter! Regards, Anthony.

Had everything I needed.

Best value product found after shopping around so that keeps me happy.
I always end up with Allianz even after shopping around amongst the 'cheapy' 'unknowns'.
Allian researches very well in reviews so I have peace of mind.

Claim MadeNo
Hi John, thank you for your positive feedback.

Excellent, 100% coverage with preexisting medical conditions.

a) Yes, the policy was of good value. Other Insurance companies did not give me the coverage you gave me.
b) With all my travels I have never lodged a claim.
c) I have used Allianz Travel Insurance seven times from 2015, the time I discovered you gave a much better deal than the previous Insurance companies I have dealt with.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo
Now that I have found Allianz I don't have to shop around for Travel Insurance anymore. It is a good deal and I will stick with them.Thanks so much for the great feedback Gamma! Regards, Tegan

Avoid - they will come up with every excuse not to pay

I cancelled airfare that involved stopover in HK due to unrest. Said they would not pay as nothing had happened yet. But if I had gone ahead with ticket and something did happen, they said they would not cover me as well because I would have anticipated the event. In other words, they will never pay. They are a scam. Avoid like the plague.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi, we will be in touch. Thank you.

Quick and easy insurance for pre-existing conditions

Although I did not have to use the insurance whilst travelling it was by far the easiest of the few I tried to get in terms of having pre-existing conditions. I had been declined by 3 previous services, and Allianz accepted my application, with just a simple financial increased.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Nadine, I'm so glad to hear we were able to cover you for your trip! Thanks for the review. Kind regards, Tegan

money well spent

it was good to feel relaxed on our holiday knowing you were covered for everything including excisting medical issuses even medical issues that happened on our travels years ago it is so good not having to worry about medical issues when you are on holidays. n.brackenreg.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Did not use so hard to rate.

Reasonable value. Easy to use. Did not lodge a claim. Will use again. Have not used in the past. Not much else to say - thirty words are not relevant for me.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationMiddle East and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review Tina! Regards, Anthony.

Hmmm, trying to get a claim sorted but no joy

I had bought their travel insurance and unfortunately had to claim due to flight cancellation and medical health.
Firstly they treat each incident as a separate claim even though it was on one trip - presumably so they can deduct excess twice and avoid some payout.
Trying to get them to answer emails or phone is difficult. One claim was settled quite quickly (Medical incident) and thought ok second part would be not far behind. Chased them up after sending them the additional information requested as it was 13 days (quoted within 10 business days) since they confirmed receipt. Well I then get an email saying "they are pleased to advise that they will be paying out...."etc. However, this was referring to the part of the claim that they had already settled 12 days earlier! They have not responded to the emails regarding the cancelled flight part of the claim. Phoned and was on hold for a while...then told I would have to be transfered to another person as she (Abby) couldn't open file....was transfered back to Abby, who, surprisingly, could now see file and said it was still being investigated...why??? they had all the details they had requested, so should have been a simple decision. Still waiting on a) response, b) decision and c) payout!!! Will advise people to not use them in the future.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
I have now got another email......still refering to the claim that they settled but no response to the numerous emails about the outstanding claim....appalling serviceHi, I'll be in touch. Regards, Anthony.I am sorry but I am not holding my breath as no one else has bothered to keep to promises or answer emails/calls....

Always need insurance

Easy on line purchase. Competitive pricing, better than what my health fund could offer.
I would definitely recommend Allianz to my family and friends
The website is informative and easy to navigate too, thankyou

Claim MadeNo
Hi Julie, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

Easy, no fuss medical coverage

I found the website information and the assessment tool easy to use. It was comforting for those who have medical issues that otherwise would not be covered by insurers. The pricing was competitive.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Joseph, glad to hear that you were happy with your policy. Regards, Anthony.

Great value for money

Policy was good value and easily explained by the professional staff was very helpful. Would definitely recommend Allianz to my family and friends. Great service and very efficient. Thank you for giving a peace of mind

DestinationMiddle East
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeNo
Hi Jim, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

didn't need to use but value for money sounded fair

I choose Allizan after researching and found it was good value for what it offered.
I didn't have to lodge a claim and it was the first time I used Allianz. I choose Allianz by a friends recommendation

Claim MadeNo
Hi, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Great!

Was very easy to set up on line. When I had to amend dates was easy to do over the phone, staff were very helpful and east to understand. I have used this insurance company every time I’ve travelled and don’t plan on changing.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Lyn, glad to hear you've been happy with us! Regards, Anthony.

perfect cover

The Travel Insurance policy was easy to obtain on line and had cruise cover . Competitively priced .We had to do a claim on our last holiday but we were insured with a different company and not happy with delays in processing so we tried Allianz

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review Steve! Regards, Anthony.

Canada/Alaska holiday.

The policy was simple, straightforward and easy to set up - including the questions concerning my pre-existing condition. It was also reasonably priced. A claim did arise which was reasonably straightforward. Only a little confusion on this but resolved. Resolution of the Claim took around a week - excellent turnaround. Delighted with everything to do with Allianz Travel Insurance.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks Des! Regards, Anthony.Pleasure. We look forward to using Allianz in the future.

See all Allianz Travel Insurance reviews