Allianz Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

Allianz Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

Col Rae

Col RaeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Felt safe again with Allianz

This is the 4th or 5th time we have used Allianz. For its represented good value. The staff have always been helpful covering health issues and our age. The follow up after our return has been thoughtful.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's wonderful to hear! Thanks for the review Col Rae.

Wasted My Money

Wasted My MoneyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Will deny claims related to Corona virus and offers no alternatives or refunds

Peace of mind

Great value and comprehensive cover included for my partner and I, especially as we were heading to the USA. We shopped around and found the best deal with Allianz yet again.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks so much for the great feedback Lisa! I hope you and your partner had an amazing time in the USA!

Easy piece of mind

Easy to set up
Good Value
Have used this a couple of times now and find it super easy to follow
Have recommended to family to use and they have been happy too.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Sue H

Sue HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value

We have found this travel insurance to be economical and to meet our requirements well. Fortunately we have not needed to make a claim so cannot comment on how this is handled. I appreciated the emails with tips prior to our departure. This is the second time I have used Allianz travel insurance and will certainly do so in the future.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Insurance Cover For:Senior and Teenager
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the positive feedback Sue!

Not quite perfect

I have an unusual medical condition which was not adequately covered in the online questionnaire.
I suffered no ill effects on my trip but was not covered for this condition. The telephone conversation with the consultant was just as inflexible.
Disappointing.

DestinationNew Zealand
Insurance Cover For:Senior
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

I'm sorry to hear about this but thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it.

Not covered
Not covered

Not so sorry upfront.

Berigora

Berigora6 Henderson Street, Garran

Won’t pay out a genuine claim

Booked a trip with An HSBC credit card that provided Allianz travel insurance. Father died (not travelling) so cancelled trip. Alliance won’t pay because father had a preexisting condition. What does that have to do with us cancelling our plans? Devastated and hugely out of pocket. If I did not have travel insurance I would have simply postponed travel so as not to lose out. Do not use this company for travel insurance.

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations

Juanita

JuanitaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Perfect and easy

Really easy to get the right coverage and at a great price. Covers me for everything i need and all information is emailed and provided to you. Will be using again

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's so good to hear! Thanks for the review Juanita.

Bad customer service

I had an issue after purchasing the policy online ,i noticed an error with one of the 2 people on the policy with an incorrect date of birth. I sent an email straight away on the 22/1/20 asking how to correct the issue.
The policy commenced on the 26/1/20 to the USA. I received a response by email on the 28/1/20 informing me the change had to be requested by the person in question even though i took out the policy with the answer 2 days after the person in question had left the country,

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Neil, thanks for your feedback - we appreciate it. Just checking if this has been resolved or if there's anything I can assist with? Kind regards, Tegan

Most unfair.

I believe I should have been allowed a refund when the trip was cancelled a couple of weeks before due to fire threat. I cancelled trip well before travel, but could not get a refund! Surely this is unreasonable.

DestinationAustralia
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Harry, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with the outcome of your cancellation claim. I will send you a private message for further details. Kind regards, Tegan

Caitlin

CaitlinPerth, WA

Bad Service, Online System and No Help

Didn't receive my documentation after purchase, had to contact to get it. Not able to claim money back i spent on a DR overseas as amount is less than excess. Out of pocket for policy and doctor, waste of money.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Caitlin, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with the outcome of your claim but thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it. Kind regards, Tegan

Peace of mind

The policy was very easy to setup and I have used Allianz Travel Insurance several times before for insurance coverage during overseas family holidays. Didn't need to make any claims during the last trip, but the fact of being insured gave us a peace of mind in case something unexpected happened

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Senior and Teenager
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Adam!

Chad M.

Chad M.South East Queensland, QLD

Great insurance, good value

I like Allianz's coverage and it comes with a competitive price. It's easy ordering the policy online. I haven't made a claim yet, so I can't comment on customer service. I will buy again.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the good feedback on our coverage, price and the online purchase process Chad!

Holiday

HolidayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Travel insurance

Good value and setting up policy was quite easy. My pre-existing medical condition was accepted without paying a large premium. Very fortunate that I didn’t need to lodge a claim.

DestinationEurope
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's great to hear, thanks for the review!

Tim lo

Tim loPerth, WA

simple, value for money

various reasonable options for my needs, value for money policies to meet my needs for family coverage. website is very informative, can easily compare with others and very user friendly.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the nice feedback on our website and policies Tim!

Allianz Travel Insurance

We will never know how effective the travel insurance policy is unless we need to claim! Having said that, it was easy to set up. We have used Allianz twice or three times. Our daughter has pre-existing medical conditions which unfortunately increases our premium (as with all insurers) significantly and believe it's unfair and borderline discriminatory for disabled travellers.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thank you for the review and your honest feedback, we appreciate it.

Happy skiiers

Happy skiiersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely grateful for the insurance

We had fully comprehensive insurance plus the snow package and my daughter broke her ankle two weeks prior to skiing in Japan. Doctor said she could try and ski, but doubted she'd get her foot into a ski boot (she was in a moon boot only). Contacted Alliance who reviewed the situation and agreed to insure her for skiing with her pre existing injury (for a little bit more of course, but well worth it for peace of mind). Thank you Alliance.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

So happy to hear we were able to help! And I hope you enjoyed your trip.

Affordable and sensible

The process is straight forward, user friendly even for someone whose not familiar with online process. Details is concise, content, easy to understand (perhaps because I'm accustom to go to overseas). Recommended.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's great to hear! Thanks for the review Sofwan.

Junea17

Junea17

Great value

Have used Allianz on all of our holiday trips ... we had to make a claim on a previous Occassion as daughter has gangrenous appendics whilst in Bali. Allianz were fantastic.....
Hence the re a son that all our trips insurance is now through these guys... Well Done

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

I'm so glad to hear we were able to help your daughter during what must have been a scary time on your trip to Bali. Thanks for the lovely feedback! Kind regards, Tegan

This is perfect! Can’t live without it!

As a metastatic breast cancer survivor, I found Allianz 3 years ago as it was one of the only companies who would provide me with insurance (not for the cancer itself when travelling but for everything else). For this I am extremely thankful and always choose Alliance. I have had no issues or claims but love the ease of their insurance policies to set up and their professional service. Thank you so much Allianz!

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

You're too kind Mireille! We look forward to insuring you on your next trip.

See all Allianz Travel Insurance reviews