Allianz Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

Allianz Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

4.1

rubbish product

the comprehensive policy we paid for to protect us against the unexpected never actually covered us against the covid 19 pandemic. after 3 months and 3 appeals they turned us down because 1 of the 3 pdf's sent us states pandemic or epidemic is not covered even though the first line states they will pay if anything out of your control happens. the first appeal was turned down because they said i cancelled holiday, untrue then they changed reason to covid related. the brand is bad and i would warn people, do not insure with allianz !!
as you will not be covered.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

JudithotterySydney, NSW

Why can't I contact Allianz?

On 20th December last year I took out a policy for a trip to USA, commencing 16th July this year. Naturally I cannot now go as Qantas have cancelled all flights. I have been trying to ring Allianz to discuss my options - can I get a refund as I will not be travelling? Can I get a credit against this policy for a future trip? How can I find out when they are not accepting any queries re travel insurance and just tell me "goodbye"? I have been happy with this company previously but current lack of communication sucks!

Judithottery

I have read your COVID-19 FAQs but they do not answer my query. I don't mind waiting if I can eventually get an answer but all I hear is that you are not taking travel insurance queries at all. So where should I go from here?

Never again

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Stefanie, I'm sorry to hear about this but I'd like to help if I can. I will send you a private message for further details to assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Travel Insurance

Find out how Allianz Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan compares to other Travel Insurance

Sharilee Williams

Sharilee WilliamsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Policy basically worthless

I see many negative reviews about Allianz and quite frankly Im not surprised. We had to cancel our trip due to Covid and having a young baby until one year old. We were told on the phone by Allianz that this would covered and yet they then refused our claim - even after our travel agent were trying to support us through this process.
We had multiple policies with Allianz (House, car) but are now in the process of cancelling all policies with them as we greatly fear that, if we needed to make another valid claim, thiese eould be refused and we would be left with no support. Like the travel insurance, all Allianz policies are completely worthless.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child

JojoMelbourne

Disappointing - Allianz made a stressful situation infinitely worse.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateDecember 1920

Cheated by Allianz

Allianz will not cover any cancellations and cite their pandemic exclusion clause, despite the cancellations technically arising as tour/flight operators choose to cancel or consolidate due to fewer passengers or attendees. Truly despicable, will never use them again and will actively market this betrayal to my network.

DestinationSouth America
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Don’t ever buy this insurance

May 2020 Milan, Italy conference for Orthopaedic Surgeons was recently cancelled due to COVID-19. They refused refund for flight tickets. A “pandemic” is not their fault. Shame on you. People are dying. All US FLIGHTS canceled to Italy. What a shameful company.

Disgusted

DisgustedSouth East Queensland, QLD

NEVER AGAIN

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I will send you a private message so I can get further details from you in order to investigate. Kind regards, Tegan

milenko

milenkoSouthwest, VIC

Insurance scam policy

Worst travel insurance company EVER. Does not cover epidemic or pandemic. Also does not cover if the borders are closed or a "do not travel" warning from the government is issued. So pretty much Covers nothing got to do with TRAVEL to actually be insurance.

Jason P.

Jason P.Sydney, NSW

Clarity of cover from US arm vs AUS arm

No clarity as to where things stand re COVID19. US site says one thing, AUS site says another. Emails to Allianz from 11 days ago unanswered.

Will vote with my feet. My Allianz CTP just came through. Hello Nrma...

steoglSydney, NSW

Absolutely not aligned with global events.

steogl

This does not address my question about the difference between what the US website says and what FAQs in the Aus website says (which is a lot less sympathetic to your customers).

Mark B.

Mark B.Western District, VIC

very good policy but not good enough

Disappointing we had no recourse for having to change our flights to get out of Italy when they shut everything down. We were locked down in our hotel room for 5 days after being forced to cancel our holiday plans and had to eventually pay exorbitant fees to reschedule flights home.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

I'm very sorry to hear about that Mark, but thank you for sharing your feedback.

PhilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Called for advice while abroad, could not provide advice

Took out a travel policy in August 2019, now abroad with advice from Australian Government that we need to return Allianz Only provided general advice over the phone stating the policy excludes pandemics. I noted that we were not sick and sought advice on coverage and assistance. Sorry, we just work to a script provided. Go figure?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Phil, I'm sorry to hear about this, but thank you for the feedback. Has this now been resolved or is there anything I can do to assist? Kind regards, Tegan

Bill S

Bill SPerth, WA

Never leave home without Allianz

I am a first time user of Allianz travel insurance, so easy to use their on line website and amazed at the service and price especially for us older folk. After years of traveling l unfortunately had to make my first claim for a lost item it was so easy with the online claim form and to my amazement the claim was settled the following day. I will never leave home without my Allianz travel insurance in my baggage.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for sharing your claim experience Bill, great to hear!

DO NOT get travel insurance with Allianz

Better and less expensive policies are available. This policy has one of the worst cooling off periods and doesn't offer a partial refund outside of the review period. Look at other insurers.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Travel Insurance

Happy to have it but not required to use it.

Happy to have it but not required to use it. These are troubling times and we are very glad to be home safe and sound. The trip was fantastic and worthwhile.

DestinationNew Zealand
Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review, and so glad to hear you are back home from your trip safe and sound. Kind regards, Tegan

Don’t leave home without it

Easy to obtain a quote and to finalise payment on the internet however continually missed opening times over the phone so couldn’t ask specific questions relating to the policy e.g international car excess coverage. Ended up just taking a punt. Thankfully didn’t have to use policy so I can’t comment any further.

Peace of Mind

The policy was a good value for my budget. I always use this insurance company because it's reliable. I did not claim any because I don't need to. My travel was safe.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

That's great to hear Maria!

No good. Will not cover pre-pandemic!

Do not go with this company which goes under many names. They are not paying for the pandemic even though it was booked well in advance. I have had my cover cancelled by them.

DestinationAustralia
Elaine

ElaineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Luckily didn’t have to use any of the options

The policy was good value but as previously stated no reason to have to use any of the options. With Coronavirus being prevalent I know the policy would have been invalid

See all Allianz Travel Insurance reviews

Money

Moneyasked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If I cancel my travel insurance policy before I travel, can I get a full refund without making a claim ?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi there, I'd suggest giving us a call on 13 1000 to discuss your individual circumstances regarding a refund. Kind regards, Tegan

Merril ROBERTSONasked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If I booked and paid my fares on ANZ PLATINUM January, 2020 am I eligible for a refund as a result of the Coronavirus?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel Insurance

Hi Merril, thanks for your question - you can call us on 13 1000 to discuss your individual circumstances. Kind regards, Tegan

Merril ROBERTSON

Ive emailed the company and hoping for an answer

Paddi B
Paddi B

Hi Merril
We are in a similar situation with our ANZ Platinum Travel Insurance. I rang the customer service centre on 1300135271 on the 26 Feb and waited 50 minutes before I got a rep to help - he assured me I should be covered for the corona virus as I activated the cover in March 2019 but that each claim would be assessed on a case by case basis. I wanted to get written confirmation (our trip is worth more than $20,000) so I emailed the ANZAllianz claims department on March 1. Today I received this reply and the bottom line of the reply stated:
“Please be aware of the following -
Regardless of when you have purchased the policy or become eligible the exclusion will apply to all benefits within the policy/booklet if the claim arises from or relates to COVID-19 (corona virus)
Regardless of travel advisory dates, the exclusion will apply to all benefits within the policy if the claim arises from or relates to COVID-19 (corona virus)” needless to say we are very unhappy!! I tried ringing the 131000 but gave up after 30 minutes. Sadly the bookings were with a group of 6 friends and as we are all around 70 - it’s a huge risk to travel uninsured.

Darryl C.

Darryl C.asked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

Now travel insurer Allianz Partners says it will cover any coronavirus related claims, provided the policy was taken out before midday on January 30. Any policies brought after that time will treat the coronavirus outbreak as a ‘known event,’ and will therefore not be able to offer cover.

Acting CEO Kevin Blyth says Allianz Partners has taken into account the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the New Zealand Government, which is advising against all but essential travel to China.

“Anyone who took out a policy with us prior to our travel advisory today (Jan 30) will definitely be covered for the coronavirus outbreak,” Blyth told Insurance Business.

“That advisory was our line in the sand, as we expect that everybody would know by this stage that this is a known event.”

“As Tim Grafton rightly said in his statement, it is very difficult to ascertain costs when something becomes a pandemic, and being able to price for that is very difficult,” he explained. “We’ve probably been one of the more generous insurers, and have held off on our travel advisory for as long as we could.”

Allianz Partners excludes pandemics and epidemics under its policy wording, and Blyth says the insurer usually waits for the WHO to declare an epidemic before it stops offering cover. He says he has not yet had any claims related to the coronavirus, but there has been a massive uptick in queries regarding customers’ travel policies.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Travel Insurance representatives