Amazon

Amazon

Dont give them your credit card details...You will regret it !

I created an Amazon Seller account, entered all my personal details and finally my credit card details. There was 1 piece of information that I had missed and because of this Amazon would not allow me to fully activate my sellers account till this information was supplied. In the mean time their automated processing kept taking out the subscription fees of initially $27 which later increased to $54 even though I was not allowed to use my sellers account (because it was missing this final detail). Meantime I asked for the first payment back and they were happy to refund this, at the same time, I asked them to stop the system from taking subscriptions from my account till I had finished completing my account details. unknown to me their system kept taking out the subscriptions. I logged a complaint and they said they would fix it, months later I was still getting amounts deducted and they had not stopped the funds trf nor did they refund the amounts they took. I logged a second complaint, again they said they would fix it, I am still getting amounts taken out. After a third complaint they said I was not going to get a refund. I asked them to cancel the account . My warning to you all: Do not enter any credit card details against your user account', Amazon cannot be trusted to do the right thing. They will continue withdrawing funds from your account. The left hand doesn't talk to the right hand. It is difficult to get your money back even if you havent authorised the payment. ' It is also difficult to delete your credit card details from the system.

Overpriced

Everytime I look for something to buy on Amazon.com.au the prices are at least 10-20% more expensive than other AU online stores. I don't understand how they are able to get any business.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

I found it a brieftons spiralizer ,we foudi so easy to use and gives us excellent results

It was easy to find amongst competitors products, there was a good range of products but this one stood out,We find that the product meets all our expectations even though it is manual , but so easy to ese. Thanks

Good service good support

I'm using Amazon prime at the moment I have no complaints about delivery, delivery times, service or products. I don't think so much about it's music service, it's streaming video is ok, but I'm not really crazy about streaming much media.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Fast service, high quality product

Purchased three items from amazon in the past week, all the items came before the projected delivery date and were in excellent quality. Tracking codes for my items worked very well and I knew exactly when they would come. Very fast service and a great product. Thanks.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Do not pay for the express post option.

I needed a windshield for my GoPro for the weekend. I ordered the product on Tuesday 9th of April with a delivery of Friday 12th - I paid the extra for express post to get it on Thursday just to be sure I had it for the weekend. As of writing this, I have still not received my item (15/04/2019)

This is not the first time it has happened to me, this is the 3rd time. If you want something from Amazon AU make sure you order it with plenty of time as you will not get it by the due date.

Amazon is the only online store that is horrible at shipping... For example - PC Case Gear, you pay for express and I have it in my hands the next day. BikeBitz - Next day, AMA Warehouse - Next day I can go on...

I can't give stars for the quality of the product as I do not have it...

Warranty Claim MadeNo

lack of shipping to Australia and way overpriced

Previously I was a very frequent user of amazon, but as they have the .com.au website, most of their items cannot be shipped to Australia, even if in the description it states this item ships to Australia. When you get to the check out there is an error message that states we can only ship items to Australia from orders supplied by amazon, I get this message from items sold by Amazon warehouse. If you look at the .au website for the same item, at times the prices are over inflated. For example a bluetooth hoist is 200usd, but it was 799 on the .au website. No considering the exchange rate variance this is still over 3.5 X the USD price. I often check amazon for other items and find a similar story although not always this extreme. I no longer use amazon as I think this is clearly price gauging on Australian consumers, so I shop through other platforms now. It's a pity as I was previously a fan of amazon, but not any more.

Amazon Fulfilment take 3 full days to ship product

I placed an order for a camera lens on a Tuesday evening, and the lens wasn't physically posted until Friday morning, with expected delivery the following Wednesday. I've never witnessed such a terrible effort in Australia before. I almost couldn't believe it. When I called customer service, I had to speak to a rambling man overseas who made up a story about Amazon trucks taking a while to get around the country. When I pointed out the item was being shipped by Australia Post, he admitted he made the story up.

Honestly, I've never had an experience so roundly poor, and I'm no fan of brick and mortar retail.

Amazon - Audible

After being told to update my 13 year old Audible account with 540 books to my Amazon account we encountered an issue 6 weeks ago that has still not been resolved and I am still unable to get access to my books which cost around $5,000 over the last 13 years and are my entire reading resource for various studies and research I do. So no access for 6 weeks and I have been told repeatedly it will take just 1-5 days to fix the issue, but nothing happens, so I ask for the issue to be escalated and I think I have spoken, emailed and gone on chat with around a dozen people now. Still no access to my books, but of course as of today - "5 more days to fix!" Do not migrate your audible account to Amazon - use this review as an example of the pain and delays you will suffer as a consequence. They did offer one credit as compensation which will pay about 1/20 of the phone bills and 1/100 of my time to try to fix the mess they made! Hopeless organisation that have got too big and powerful with no concern for their customers at all

Poor Quality DVD

My DVD purchase from Amazon Australia was actually from USA. It did not work in my all region DVDs. To return to USA it was more than $20 so not worth the time or trouble. Be aware of the issues of return if you buy from them.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

So difficult to close account

I set up a merchant account but found it too difficult to add my products. I decided to cancel my account which took a while also. They kept charging me merchant fees, they gave me a refund and apology, and kept charging me, this has been going on for over 6 months! Impossible to get out of and impossible to communicate with anyone.

Stay away from this monster.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Really only worth it if you buy Prime

I'm going to try and be unbiased in this, but let me say this i use amazon prime and that has made a world of differences.

Firstly Amazon is a decent web based shop it has most everyday items. In saying that i only buy prime products for two reasons. 1. i get free 2-3 day delivery and 2. i can avoid all the scammers and re sellers on the site, that's others have had issue with.

If you want to use the platform more i would have to recommend prime mainly for its benefits. 1. Prime shipping, on prime products you get unlimited free 2-3 day shipping. (Prime products either come from amazon themselves or a authorized seller) 2. Amazon Video, this was a bonus for me i only wanted the shipping and it comes included. 3. price for $7 a month or $60 a year you can get prime, you can see that as $60 for unlimited shipping or even Just for the Amazon Video (Sure its doesn't have a much content as Netflix or Stan but for the price Netflix is $14 per month) There is other benefits like music, e-books and some other stuff i don't really use

Basically if i didn't have Prime i wouldn't use Amazon it or recommend it but prime gives so many benefits for the low cost it makes it a no brainier first place i go. (even if it is to price match other stores like JB)

Best online shop!

My partner tried Amazon Australia for the first time. She bought 3 items and her package arrived faster than most eBay items! I'm not sure why people are saying negative things about Amazon. The lowest prices ,Fast delivery.We live in a country area as well. Don't listen to the nay Sayers!!! Fantastic!!!!!!

Hopeless company

Always use ebay before they arrive in Australia. Give them a shot and purchase a product. The problem is I get caught in a fake seller. Giving a fake Fedex tracking ID. Later check on the seller review and all buyers facing the same problem. Try to use Amazon website to get refund, and it deny my request because '3 days have not yet passed since the maximum estimated delivery', which is 13 Mar. The status on this item will be always 'on the way' and never reach me, and without that I cant ask for refund. So basically I am stuck from this cycle and fraud.

Amazon.com.au offers no Australian warranty on products sold by Amazon US

I bought a new laptop on Amazon.com.au but sold and sent by Amazon US. This 1st laptop had issue (reboot, freeze, etc.)

Amazon couldn't fix and replace it "as it was from the US". They eventually gave me a refund to buy another one.

I received the 2nd laptop. It is not new, it is a used product returned: "warehouse deals, verified and repackaged".

I have now the same issue the 2nd laptop, it was sold by Amazon US and needs to be returned to the US address.

This is a mess, and I am stuck with Amazon.com.au due to gift-card, which can't be used anywhere else.

So please be aware that any product bought on Amazon.com.au from US Amazon will be regarded as it was sold on Amazon.com. You have no local, Australian warranty on those products.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

The most unethical company

Tried to buy a post-hole digger - never arrived, didn't get a refund. What a scam! terrible customer service and might as well flushed money down the drain. What a joke of a company - will never buy another item from Amazon

Don’t bother

Horrible site, had multiple problems and in the end am still missing items, which I tried following up and never got a reply, as well as continuously getting charged for prime even though I unsubscribed multiple times and stopped getting the perks for. Would not recommend, pretty much a scam

They don't offer replacements or warranty service if something stops working!

Purchased a PS4 Pro for my husband from Amazon for Christmas. After 3 months the controller that came with the PS4 stopped working. The PS4 and included accessories is supposed to be covered by a 12 month warranty, however Amazon Australia aren't set up to do replacements or warranty service. When I contacted them I was given two options:
1. I could accept a $35 partial refund (even though the cost of a new controller is $79)
2. I could return the entire Playstation and controller for a full refund.
They would not simply exchange the faulty controller or send it off for warranty service! My husband didn't want to send back the PS4 as he'd already installed all his games and said it would be too much hassle. We also didn't have the original box anymore to package it properly for posting. So we accepted the $35 partial refund and then bought a new controller from JB Hifi for $79.

On the warranty card included in the box there was some information about putting in a warranty claim directly through Sony so we thought we'd try that. My husband called Sony and told them about the issue, but was told that the warranty claim had to be submitted through Amazon. The problem is, Amazon Australia don't do warranty claims so if you buy something from them that has a warranty you may as well throw the warranty away because it's not worth anything!

0 stars, might as well be a scam company

I preordered a samsung s10+ off amazon on the 3rd of March 2019. Unfortunately, I used my partbers credit card instead of mine so my account was locked and the order put on hold. I responded to the first email, which requested that I log in to my account to upload a billing statement with an email stating I cant log into my account because its been locked and the billing address anyway wont match because it's my partners card, so please cancel the order and unlock my account again.
24 hours later I received the same generic email with a fax number, to which I responded but received no reply.
On 5 March, after struggling to find a generic amazon number (they like it when you log in and request they give you a call back, takes about a minute, but my account was locked so I couldnt access this), I was told I needed to provide that information. I INSTANTLY told the lady in question that there was no way I was verifying that card 1. I literally cant and 2. If i could I'm worried they'll take the money out of the account and ship me a product I dont want, the lady said that she'd put the request through and it would be dealt with within 24 hours.
I followed up on the 18th with my account still locked and not having received any email, to speak to a woman who wanted to do the same thing. After demanding to speak to a supervisor as I stated my problem hadnt been resolved within the two weeks, I had to wait 3 1/2 hours for a call back as no supervisors were available. After the wait, the supervisor did the exact same thing and once again tried to tell me that I had to verify the card to receive the order and it took 10 minutes to explain to her that I already bought the phone I want to cancel the order and regain access to my amazon account for my kindle. She did the exact same thing as the last person, promising me an email within 24 hours. The email I recieved within 24 hours was the generic 'log into your account and verify your card using our secure portal', which again I havent had access to because the account is locked.
I called back AGAIN yesterday to follow up, for a woman off the bat to try to convince me to verify the card and supposedly sent the request off, resulting in another generic email.
If any small company tried this I'm pretty sure it would just be universally known as a scam company. For such a large company the customer service is a joke, and I wish that I never tried to buy anything. Never using amazon to purchase any items again, and if this issue isnt fixed soon I'll be keeping my kindle app for the books I already own and stop purchasing things through there.
This is the worst experience I have ever had, DONT USE AMAZON! It is the biggest rip off, time waster and most stressful shopping experience I have ever had with staff that either have an inability or lack the capacity to actually provide customer support. I am literally telling everyone I meet about this.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

2 out of 2 orders weren’t delivered!!!

I’m very disappointed with amazon and it’s partner Fastway! 2 out of 2 orders weren’t delivered, they haven’t attempted to deliver at all and later I found a status update from Amazon that it was undeliverable and returned to sender. I did get the refund but they have a very unreliable partner. They use fastway for quick delivery but looks like fastway are quick at returning to sender instead!