ANZ Branches

ANZ Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Usless and time consuming

Having had several dealings , setting up a mortgage then credit card and loan all of which had issues, bad communication from staff and plain incorrect information given. Really wished I had never moved to ANZ every dealing I have with them is an issue, even down to a renewal of credit cards and activation, I have wasted hours having to go into a branch to sort issues out and then it's not run smoothly, would give less than 1 star if possible

Review TypeCredit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Zero for ANZ Noosa Civic

Zero rating if I could.
I've never ever received such appalling service from a bank. Potential new customer and Disability Pensioner seeking to transfer to their 0% credit card balance offer-as they are currently advertising. like most people doing this there are extenuating circumstances and a desire to get on top of finances. Waited 3 days for appointment to explain my circumstances, banking officer Toni incorrectly lodged my date of birth with the application as 2019 and it was declined / referred. This was the banks administrative error not mine but the resulting excuses and blame shifting between staff including the manager Jodi and complaints officer and card escalation team was reprehensible. Initially I was told I'd have to wait 30 days and reapply as it wouldn't look good on my credit report. Then I insisted they fix that, the fix wasn't offered until I lodged a complaint. The manager refused to forward my complaint.
Today I was told Toni again omitted updated information required when she had to resubmit my application, ( the balance with my current bank ) this also impacted the outcome negatively.
You are so unprofessional and have such contemptuous disregard for low income earners and particularly DV survivors needing a leg up after having to relocate or anybody that dares to make a complaint against your incompetent and obstructive practices.
Avoid this bank and particularly this branch like the plague.
You have learnt nothing from the banking commissions investigations and findings.
They are advertising falsely that balance transfers with at least $15000 incomes are considered but the reality is someone receiving $10,000 more than that and demonstrating frugal monthly expenses but also clearly demonstrating they have always paid on time and always more than the minimum amount, the reality is some foreigner in India will decline your application.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

So disappointed

Not happy with the services at all. I went two days in a row for an enquiry about Small Business loan at ANZ Sunshine Vic, I arrived around 2pm one of the ladies advise me they close at 4pm so they can’t help me. All I get was (SORRY). So disappointed Time to change Bank. Bye ANZ

Review TypeLoan Application

i would give 0 stars if possible and would call you trash but that would be an insult to trash

you are worse than your competitors on every level and charge fees that were not specified and take twice as long to process any transfers, you’re staff are hopeless and don’t have any knowledge of what they are talking about

Shocking service

We called the Castle Hill branch to open an Estate account. We were met by the store greeter with computer who was intent on making an appointment. As we were not able to be helped at the counter, I tried booking, but was met with 'we close in 10 minutes' and asked whether I would like to come back tomorrow. We made a special trip and were there 15 minutes before closing! The greeter saw my dismay and went behind closed doors to speak with the Manager to see if he would assist. The Manager, Norman, didn't even emerge from behind closed doors and I was made to feel insignificant. It is not easy trying to follow up on paperwork for a deceased loved one at a stressful time and a little compassion and service would go a long way. I wasn't even looking for good service, just someone to help!

Review TypeNew Account

ANZ - Problems and Lies

I walked into a branch to get a rate increase on my credit card. The branch manager who was also tripling up as loan manager and whatever else she complained about in the understaffed branch said it should be all fine after punching everything into the computer. It was not fine and she failed to get back to me personally as she promised. I only received a letter a week later to say it was declined. When I went back to the branch, she said it was an error and they should have approved it. Again a week later after not hearing back from her as promised, I received a letter in the mail saying it was declined.

ANZ are obviously having issues with staff, between the branches and back office, training and their processes regarding assessments for loans. They are great at lying and also even better at keeping the profits for themselves only lowering interest rates by 0.18% instead of the full 0.25% which they should!

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Worst customer service Always

Always experience the worst customer service with ANZ in branch or online , ticket machine always broken . You either wait half an hour for teller or personal banker when they will serve you definitely ask you to wait for personal banker or teller for another half an hour. This is not one time experience ALWAYS same sh....

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Disgusting for not passing on new interest rate.

I have been with ANZ for over twenty years and I’m about to change banks because they are not passing on the full interest rate drop , they are being greedy and are not looking after their customers. I have my business account along with home loan and savings with them and I am in the process of getting new bank account set up with a bank that looks after their customers .

Great Service

We have been with ANZ for the last 20 yrs and have a good relationship with them.
We approached the bank to get an investment property loan and the service of Princika Rajapaksa was exceptional keeping us updated of our progress of are loan when ever requested by us. Was a pleasure to work with, her personality and expertise advising the best loan for us was very beneficial.
wish her all the best.
Ben & Carmen Nathanielsz

Disloyal, unappreciative, discriminatory bank

I was recently congratulated by an ANZ employee for never having been lTE ON mortgage payment or credit card payment and told what a great customer I was, until I asked for an increase on my home loan to paint my house. I have excellent equity in my home, a perfect credit rating - but no, they wouldn't give me any money. I also recently asked to increase my credit card limit -again no. What was so annoying was that I was told no by an officious, overbearing offshore customer service officer whose English I could not understand. ANZ, I accuse you of discriminating against the self-employed, women, and people over 50. I own a small business where I often recommend banks to my clients. Guess what? I won't be recommending ANZ.

Review TypeCredit Card Application and Loan Application

If you want to remove branches, at least have functioning ATM'S

I've been with ANZ for 20 years. Recently they removed a local branch, and the next nearest branch's atm is out of order at least once per week. Pretty pathetic

Review TypeATM Experience

DON'T BANK WITH THE ANZ.

My wife and I have been with ANZ for over 10 years. We are with the Ellenbrook Perth branch and wanted a loan by way of topping up the mortgage. The loan was rejected and not sure why as we have money in the bank, an investment loan and a home loan with the bank. We also have an excellent credit rating, but in the banks eyes the credit rating is worth nothing. We have always paid our mortgages on time.The royal commission has scared the 4 big banks and now they are taking it out on their customers. They have been riping off customers for years, it's only now that they have been caught out they wont help you.

Dont trust ANZ Bank

Pathetic staff with no responsibility. A govt agency took money out of my account because of mistaken identity and Bank can not differentiate the address between Reservoir and Wollert. Bank says we dont anything about it we dint took your money. Waiting for response from Bank and that Govt agency from 1 week but no answer. Going to court soon.

Horrible customer service

I went to Springfield QLD branch to open a new account with this bank but waited over 20 mins to be served while no one was in front of me and they just were doing things behind the desk. I understand they need to do these things but to be acknowledged at least would have be good.
They were rude, when they finally wanted to take notice of me they yelled out from the desk at me saying 'do you need something?' and I said 'I'm sorry to bother you I just wanted to open a new account' and the lady just said um well we can't see you right now so you'll have to sit until someone can.
There's a way to speak to customers if you're busy and that wasn't it. I will not be opening with this bank. Very rude would hate to see how they handle my money. Zero customer service skills -disappointed

Review TypeNew Account

New Nambour Qld branch.

Been with ANZ for over 30 years. My experience today leads me to conclude that customer service is a low priority for ANZ. Why have you created a no teller bank? Tellers don't break down are able to converse and able to manage transactions that are perhaps not routine.

I'll look for another branch that still has tellers.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

They declined to offer assistance

Just entered the branch at Docklands Melbourne to ask for assistance in logging into my account and they told me to make a call. I walked half a mile just to hear a well dressed man tell me to make a call. I said I’d like to have assistance from him but he said this is how we operate. #ANZBadCustomerService #ANZisNotCustomerFocused

Just BAD

3 weeks chasing them to get a mortgage... v/s 3 days full process and with a great deal at CBA...
incompetency at it's best, unhelpful, clunky, slow, old fission and 100% ineffective.

Customer service is archaic

Branch customer service was very good until they changed their process. Where there were 3 tellers and you take a number. Now it is one teller who has to accommodate every customer who needs an everyday transaction, meanwhile there are 4 other staff just sitting in booths, or wandering around asking customers innocuous questions for which the answer is in most instances "please line up for our overworked teller". It reminds me of an episode of Utopia. It is obvious by the expressions on all the other customers faces that they were experiencing the same frustration as I was. The manager who came up with this system should be sacked, as it is further eroding the ANZ's reputation at a time when they should be going all out to shore it up.

Worst banking I used now

Worst worst worst they are just worst in everything.
No customer service, don’t know how to talk, so rude, all manager they don’t have any communication they just transfer your call to one another and need explain same time to everyone more 10 time explain.

Review TypeATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Disgraceful bank with bad technology

ANZ Bank is a bank that has not progressed in 25 years, it has bad technology, bad staff attitudes (low morale probably) and it is closing branches faster than you can escape a royal commission hearing (if youre on the stand)

The troubles are deep and are many. A few examples:
1. Every time you call them, they need to call india to get a resolution - bad outcome!
2. every 2nd branch is now closed, especially country branches have copped it
3. their internet banking and mobile app are both feature-LESS (worst banking app I have ever seen...)
4. they sold eTrade to CMC (ANZ Share Investing) and upset many customers along the way (ps: read the ANZ Share Investing reviews for a laugh)
5. branches are under-staffed

I am so glad that ANZ is going downhill fast, as I really don't see any future for it in this country...

Bye Bye