ANZ Online

ANZ Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

So OUTDATED!! compared to other bank apps

I have been a customer for Over 5 years now. This bank is outdated and has low standards in banking advice and very slow teller services. Not only does it not have fast cash services, but it recently introduced google payments, allowing everything you purchased to be recorded, annualised, and then form you with sporadic adds. I cant 3ven see real time transactions.... it can take days...... as you see below I pay even though the company's don't receive....

total failure

the new system implemented by ANZ is a total failure. Can you please not implement the new system if you cant give services. please bring old online banking system. the new system is total failure.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Limited option (JUST ONE) to report a lost card and horrible customer service

I've been with the bank for 4 years and I tried to report a lost card, so I called 1800 033 844 to contact the team (because this is the only option, unfortunately). Took the team forever to answer the phone and I don't think they have enough team members to handle calls from customers, be it local or overseas calls. I don't believe this is a feasible way if the team's busy with other callers. If there's an option for me to report through the ANZ website or the application itself could've saved up so much time. It's frustrating when I am given only one option to report a missing card. Also, whoever that's trying to sort out my situation is rude. I wasn't advised clearly that I had set up a number to identify myself when I first joined the bank, so when she asked for the identification number, I was clearly confused, and I didn't have a given note about the identification while flipping through my documents. Frustrated with this only inconvenient option and her salty attitude, I asked if I could just report my stolen card through the bank by bringing my identification (passport) to the bank directly would save up more time and unnecessary hassle. She then finally told me she could use other ways, such as date of birth and phone number to identify myself. Questioning why didn't she gave me those options or she just felt like it doesn't really matter. This makes me feel the bank does not take this issue seriously. Very disappointed with this messy procedure. Commonwealth Bank has an option to report a lost card through the bank application directly while ANZ bank doesn't. This feels rather disappointing with the bank refusing to improve their services.

ANZ protects bank accounts of criminals, unwilling to investigate bank accounts with criminal activity

Had a large sum of money stolen by an ANZ customer in an online scam/fraud. Multiple enquiries were made by my bank (Westpac) to resolve the issue with ANZ and revert the transaction but ANZ kept protecting the individual who was stealing thousands of dollars of peoples' hard earned money by protecting the identity of this criminal. I was not the only person who had my money stolen by this individual.

If you are a criminal, feel free to open a bank account with ANZ because they will protect you at all costs even when there's multiple investigations going on around you involving the police, ACORN, scamwatch, other banks. ANZ will do everything they can to protect the identity of their customers, even if they are criminals being chased by the law enforcement agencies.

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Had enough of ANZ!

Like many, I am so tired of seeing their propaganda towards minority groups using funds from our fees to pay for 'sponsorships' and marketing nonsense supporting a certain flamboyant lifestyle I do not like not agree with!
Perhaps ANZ need to STAY OUT of politics and render BANKING services as they should?? Adios! Hope they get shut down.

Stop spreading about sodomite pride!! We're not interested!!

Shame on ANZ for pressuring Maria Folau

Virtue signalling from an organisation crooked like ANZ? Really, now trying to tell Australians what to think and cheating them in the same time? After 15 years with ANZ finally making the switch today to NAB. They should stop making politics and focus on doing a better job.

Worst of the big 4 Banks in Australia

1. Used this bank for one and half year but was forced to close the account due to terrible service.
2. Totally unreliable, be it regarding loan or transfers.
3. Their client service is terrible. Go to any branch and speak with their team there and go to any other big 4 banks, you will see the difference.
4. Their money transfer is another issue, while Westpac and Nab do an instant interbank transfer and CBA does the transfer by nest day, in case of ANZ, you will never know when the money will reach the destination. Never promise any deadline based upon their money transfer.

Review TypeBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application

Bussiness banker never bothered to call

I have been with ANZ for 29 years. Called the 13 13 14 number with a query. Was told a business banker would call me as no one was available. No one has bothered. They still don’t understand customer service. When will they learn.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Despicable experience, and even worse, they couldn't care less!

Trying to set up an account and ANZ have made it as difficult and unpleasant an experience as you can imagine. I certainly wouldn't be making the same mistake for any future banking services needed.

Review TypeCredit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account

Outsourcing jobs and ditching their quality.

Rung for a false charge on credit card, anz indian call centre said my card was cancelled from my complaint, when I asked when I would get a new one, she said you already have it (it was just cancelled that day lol) Tried reasoning but reason is beyond people who know no better. The unreasonable reasoning left me quite confused as I trusted anz. A few weeks later another false charge (it was the same subscription from before) I emailed complaint and was instantly refunded. After waiting for new card, I finally rung them again. New anz Indian call person would not talk to me unless I turned my speakerphone off. She kept asking is it off and are you alone. Omg this is a bank, what is going on? She confirmed my card hadn't been cancelled and proceeded to cancel it. Telling me to turn to speakerphone off before she would talk to me is a joke and it makes anz look dodgy as. Been a customer for over 20 years but time to leave. Your service is now despicable. Call centre person 2 asked do you really want my cc cancelled..?, When I finally figured out how to turn speakerphone off. Well... I had to explain well yeah these ppl are going to keep taking money out, so yeah..duh..
Anz has more money than brains. Offshore decent service for rubbish service you will lose customers. No I don't trust ANZ anymore.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Always a horrible experience with ANZ!

I have been with ANZ since 2017, around 2 years now and all I have had is trouble. I had a legitimately disputed transaction declined, I had rewards for signing up to a new card never sent, countless emails gone unanswered, even in high departments. I’ve had to take them to AFCA twice, and they still ignored my emails and it took AFCA stepping in to get any response. The matters were all resolved in my favour, however, it took a bit push in the back to get ANZ anywhere near ready to get there. I don’t recommend any of their products or services.

Review TypeCredit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account

Absolute dispise their online capability and incompetent call centre staff

ANZ bank online banking is terrible.
I've asked to have the ability to see monthly statements and was told its possible but weeks later nothing is set up. Calling their call centre on the 13 number is terrible dealing first with the robot staff and then a real person whose English skills are so poor you have to talk in single syllables for them to understand you. Hair pulling out frustration

Their home loan rates are not competitive to market rates but they tell you what a great deal you are getting paying 400 a year for their BreakFree package, while competitors are offering rates at least half a percent better!

I'm in the process of refinancing my mortgage off anz and I cannot wait to never had to speak to this bank again.

Their online bank app is very very basic and rubbish.

Another disaster - Failed to make the scheduled payments and never informed clients.

Jointly we have held accounts with ANZ for 12 Years. This bank used to be reliable. Then we had the sale of the Anz Sharedealing to CMC and the first nightmare began. No access to data prior to the changeover in September 2018. No access to the old data systems such as brokers confirmations etc.

We have 2 payments for relatively small amounts that are paid into these two accounts weekly and its a standing instruction to make these payments. It was due to be done on the 5th of May and they go to other accounts held with ANZ. This did not happen - we got no message and no email. We were unaware that they had not been made until we looked at the bank account today to find they had not gone off the account.

Upon phoning you get handballed once they realise that it is their fault. Then the next person apologisers and states they were sending text messages yesterday after they became aware of this failure by their systems for a whole lot of these transfers.

So they don't communicate with their clients - They tell you when you log in that they will be down for maintenance and other messages but don't tell their customers that they failed to process a whole batch of standing transfers over the weekend and cannot explain why we didn't get the text message.

Really this isn't good enough and they seem to believe that you have no right to be angry but they disrespect their customers all the time.

no help when needed

I was getting a letter to my home every day requesting for a personal loan credit limit increase. I did not apply for it as I was not in need. When I needed it(kind of)and I applied for it..the response was application unsuccessful. I found that ANZ is of no help when needed. So going to change all my accounts to another reasonable bank. All my friends have done the same.
Very bad bank.

Review TypeATM Experience and Loan Application

Can't Understand what the Support Staff are Saying

Have used ANZ on and off for years. Never again. Can't understand a word the service staff say (heavy Indian accent) and their processes are archaic. The worst experience trying to get a credit card through them

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Good value for money

If you meet ANZ's criteria you won't be flocked with unwanted fees. Easy streamline to their trading platform with instant transfer, handy when there is a stock market correction as you don't miss out on 1 to 2 days transfer times. Their current interest at 2.4% is okay, not the best compared to 3% from BOQ. Would be better if they could offer higher rates for savers compared to Credit Unions.

They need to implement features such as disabling pay wave or offer key physical 2FA tokens opposed to apps.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Perfect experience, never had an issue.

Been with the bank for over 7 years, they have been very flexible and customer service has always been great whenever I had a query or concern with my account or loans with the bank.

Would recommend.

Review TypeATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

Dreadful security on new accounts

The customer service centre is woeful. I have been on holds for 22 minutes already. The staff are increasingly reluctant to give black and white answers to questions. I know someone whose name has been used in a fraudulent new ANZ account. Identity theft! Do the ANZ care ..... not so far. So if you want to launder money or make someone's life difficult, call ANZ and ask to set up a new account over the phone with stolen ID and name. They will oblige. Gone are the days when new customers had to provide original ID documents including photo ID which matched the human being setting up the account.

Review TypeNew Account

International transfers

Wanting to transfer funds to a NZ account from AU
DON’T GO NEAR ANZ

ANZ AU uses a complex system involving 3rd party ANZ NZ.
If something goes wrong you have no hope of clarifying any issues.
The ANZ help line escalates the degree of frustration by providing unhelpful inconsistent responses.

I was expecting a 3 day transfer time... 13 days later... nothing... Nonsense.

As a 25 year customer l expected better service.

Grossly incompetent...

Review TypeGeneral Transactions
Payment finally took place after 14 days ...... add at least a dozen emails and phone calls, an hour spent at an ANZ branch, plus fees from ANZ AU, ANZ NZ and Westpac NZ. Whilst the New Zealand Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 was a factor, the complex transaction process and inefficiencies with ANZ AUs policies, procedure and methods were a major factor. Want to transfer funds funds from AU to NZ ..... look elsewhere.

They refuse to refund faulty transaction!

Auspost must have had a glitch in their system when i paid them for several shipments, and $60.43 came out from ANZ but Auspost didn't get it.

So i had to rebook those shipments, along with new shipments that were ready to be sent, so the amount was much more, at about $120.

Now, ANZ say that they require the actual individual shipment details for each item in the failed Auspost transaction. But Auspost don't have this as the transaction didn't go through at their end. But I have TWO emails from Auspost that say this:

"We have investigated the payment of $60.43 made on 25/03/2019. Although we can certainly see the transaction taking place, we can confirm the payment was then declined and the money was not received by Australia Post. If you are yet to receive this money back into your account suggest speaking with your financial institute. "

ANZ can see the funds have been debited, but for some reason, refuse so far to even view the emails from Auspost. It's cut and dry. ANZ happily debited the funds and are now trying to wear me out so they can keep it. It's only for an amount of $60.43, but if you do this to one in every thousand customers, they're making a bucketload off this type of issue, alone! At my end, it's a matter of principle, and can't be let go!