ANZ Online

ANZ Online

1.3

Pee Wee

Pee WeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Applying for an ANZ credit card-a recipe for disaster

TopicCredit Card Application

Don't sell me something I didn't ask for !

Joey M.

Joey M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid if you don't want to wait at least 3 months for a Loan Application

I submitted a Home Loan Refinance Application on 27-Apr-2020. I was advised by the bank that there was a 14 day lead time when I first submitted the application. As of 15-Jun I was advised that the application had not yet been looked at and the earliest (if no delays) would be 27-Jul-2020. I have since withdrawn my application and taken by business to the Bank of Melbourne who were able to provide a better rate and an approval in 2 days!

TopicLoan Application

Natalie

NatalieSydney, NSW

ANZ is culturally irresponsible, unresponsive with incompetent, careless and rude staff on their roster

I would bother explaining my complaint but your 1.4 star review rating does it for me! Let’s just chalk it down to your service being culturally unresponsive, incompetent and careless even when escalated to your customer complaints department!

I can’t even support my father over the phone without his account being blocked and him having to go into a branch. FYI Confidentiality is only breached when the party does not consent to their information being shared. Pathetic excuse for a bank.

My dad will be switching! Thank goodness I don’t bank with ANZ!

Aleks P

Aleks P

Avoid and go elsewhere

This bank has to be one of the worst I’ve had dealings with ever. They are all happy and glad to work with you when they know you are going to ‘spend’ money with them. But once you need them to do something for you (ie dispute a transaction) they hide behind paperwork and ‘limitation’. Empathy is nonexistent, not to mention it took 2 months to actually speak to someone as no one calls you and they expect you to chase them.

Joseph T.

Joseph T.Harrison 2914, ACT

Terribly slow. Do not follow information provided. Terrible response rate

Applied for a credit card with them as a first-time customer. Their requests for documents was so slow and so hard to deal with as they call at odd and unexpected times, even when I've provided times for them to call, as they requested. Processing time is so long. No proper communication of updates that I have to be contacting them over and over to find out where it's at.

A month later, I had to email to find out if I've been approved (I have been) but I still don't know when the card will arrive. Was redirected by email to call the ANZ hotline but was told by the operator that I should be emailing them instead.

ANZ is all over the place. I don't see how they can be among the league of the Big 4 banks when Commbank does SO much better!!

Luke S.

Luke S.Perth, WA

Pretty Damn Good

I've been with this bank for over 3 years since I was 16. I've never had an issue with my banking experience, the call-in support has been average but having branches to go into for basic queries and a disputes team that acted quickly to get me back wrongfully taken money was pretty good and quick. Quite happy.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking and General Transactions

the worst of the big 4

ANZ locked my account due to a suspicious login, fair enough. They told me to call them to unlock the account, no worries. When I attempted to call the number, I was dragged through a lengthy menu to be told that their phone service is currently not active and I have no other way of unlocking my account. I am current unable to access my funds. I do not recommend that you use ANZ.

Troy

TroySouth East Queensland, QLD

Look elsewhere before considering refinancing with ANZ

TopicLoan Application

Find out how ANZ Online compares to other Banks

ANZ customer service tells you to go away

The telephone support service, after a long wait replies sorry we can't take your call at this time. Please call later.
Customer service rating on this day: 0. Excuses over corona virus are ridiculous.

Terry

TerryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK with credit cards but terrible call centres

Well firstly the indian call centres are just terrible as sometimes the accent is difficult to understand. ANZ sent me an offer for the COVID-19 concerning the credit card hardship. They offered me reduced rate of %7 and no repayments for the next 3 months. Potentially up to 6 months! a good offer i think. They usually refund the overlimit fee of $20 witch is nice.

Bunny

BunnyNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Trying for 2 years to get them to release my own money

Over 10 years. Turned me when bank clerk in Balmain told me I was stupid for how my money was invested. Trying for over 2-3 years to get my own funds released. Today after calling phone number given to me by banking ombudsman finally hung up after 2 hours on hold. Now investigating my next move

Heath

HeathSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overseas contacts are horrible

Every time I call ANZ all I get is offshore contact centres. With record unemployment in Australia you would think that a bank with the name Australia and New Zealand bank would actually employ people from Australia and New Zealand!!

Overseas transfer

They failed to send money overseas in a month!!!!!!!!! while lying that money already being transferred to overseas account. Worst service ever, never recommend anyone for any sort of dealing...

Adel

AdelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Total disregards to the customers

I have been with ANZ for more than 12 years as a home loan customer (Break free package), We suppose to get 0.15% less interest than the applicable variable rate, and now we still pay interest 3.49% variable including the discount, so it is actually 3.64% comparing to most bank the average is 2.9%.
I tried to communicate with ANZ at least 5 times over the phone and waited more than 40 minutes to 1 hour each time on hold then the call disconnect.
I tried to send emails in total more than 3 times for some one to call me back, and I am still waiting for a response.
very disappointed, I do not recommend anyone to do business with the ANZ as they have no regards to their costumers.

Gavin E.

Gavin E.Qld, 4170

No Compassion

Darryl B

Darryl BDarwin, NT

It's My Money!!!

Have been with ANZ forever. Can't believe how many times I try to transfer my funds (that are in my account and showing as available) and the message comes up telling me it can't happen. Frustrated beyond belief so many times and getting that huge .01% interest for the trouble!

Why

WhyCentral Queensland, QLD

Rubbish bank and rubbish technology

ANZ is by far the worst bank I have dealt with let alone their ridiculous and untrained staff their online banking experience is so backwards. There is ZERO sense of CX or UX involved in their processes or products. No words can describe their terrible online experience. Whoever is directing the digital banking department needs to learn from other banks. It's either their digital lead is underqualified for the role or the bank itself just doesn't give a damn on improving their CX and UX

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Kenshiro

KenshiroCanberra 2600, ACT

ANZ - Waste of time

Alan N.

Alan N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ANZ Credit Card Application. DON'T DO IT!