APIA Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (17) · No (2)
GFW
GFWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service Excellent

Discussed comprehensive car insurance renewal this morning. Achieved a very good renewal quote. Excellent Lady customer service person. I have been an Apia customer for many years and will remain so.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Denis Brady
Denis BradyGippsland, VIC

Quick and easy to set up

I found the whole process of taking out the policy to be hassle free.The policy was set up within a few minutes and is good value for money.I would recommend Apia to others.

Keith
KeithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best service ever

Our car was subject to a no fault carpark collision. We submitted the claim on line and received an immediate assessment date and booking. The whole process was seamless and ultra quick through Capital Smart. Well done Apia, this is how business should be done.
Our newly repaired vehicle was even delivered back to our home free of charge !

Graham
GrahamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Apia stole my car by constantly reducing the agreed value

Jayantha
JayanthaSydney, NSW

Handling of my claim

Extremely disappointed that Apia disregarded my version and even the photo I submitted.Despite several discussions I felt badly treated and let down by APia.THey just would not listen.very sad that they treat their clients so badly

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Wayne Burgess
Wayne Burgess

Very disappointed

I have had comprehensive car insurance and house and contents insurance with APIA for quite a few years and have never made a claim. I was surprised and disappointed when I received my car insurance renewal notice and found it had gone up by 14.9% while the agreed value went down. APIA was over $150 dollars more than the online quote from another company for comparable cover with a much higher agreed value. When I phoned APIA i was only offered a $40 discount. So very disappointed. Might need to switch companies for House and Contents insurance as well.

Miriam
MiriamNew South Wales

Claims handled very poorly

I live in a semi-rural area, near a medium sized city. My car was caught up in a recent flood a fortnight ago. Others in the area, with a different insurer, have had their claims finalised and are now driving their new cars. My car was in a holding yard for over a week and the claim is still not finalised and nobody tells me what is happening. Do not use this insurer if you don't live in a major city.

Neighbours address is cheaper!

My car insurance with Apia is due for renewal. I decided to change the amount insured so went online to compare different insured amounts. To my horror I accidentally typed my neighbour’s house number and found the quote was $60 p.a. cheaper than my house number, so I tried the house number across the road and it was even cheaper. Why???? I rang Apia and they could give no explanation other than it happens.

Brock
BrockCairns

36% price jump for moving house

Moved house from Far North Qld to Nambour on the Sunshine Coast and the insurance jumped 37% on our car. Nobody at Apia could explain why. Spent nearly an hour on the phone and cancelled the insurance as all three other companies we contacted were cheaper. This company is not helping retirees, in fact quite the reverse

Ziad
ZiadSydney, NSW

Worst insurance

Howdy
HowdySomerton

New insurance

Just changed to APIA for my car insurance, half price of my old one. Thanks for the savings, easy to set up and great customer service. Look forward to many years of service.

swamprat96
swamprat96

Good price way cheaper with a reasonable excess

Very simple to set up, great price and good extras. It's the second vehicle I've switched to APIA. Will be interesting to see the renewal next year and hope it stays a similar price

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Ciao Telstra !
Ciao Telstra !PERTH

Hilarious Ripoff

I'm 55 - unblemished driving record - got a quote online and it was over $200 more expensive than other insurers. So don't be an over 55 sucker and believe you are getting a discount with this mob !!! AVOID !!!

Simon
SimonGold Coast

APIA are for themselves..NOT Pensioners

Robert Rath
Robert RathSydney

APIA were easy to deal with, delivered what they promised. I am very impressed

I am a relatively new APIA customer and found their prices competitive, the service very good, no fuss and good followup.
I plan to convert all my insurance to them over time.