Poor service at Chadstone store

Hi

Just wanted to let you know my terrible experience at your Chadstone store by a apple assistant named Nick H.

I went in to get my iphone replaced, but he was either helpful or knowledgeable. It ended up been all my data from my old iphone getting erased and could not recover on new phone.

Nick did nothing to help, he's product skill was poor, did not know how to use itune in windows....

I hope this feedback is looked into so other customers are not affected by his disgusting attitude.

Regards

Store Locationchadstone

Apple laptop - iMac PC Firmware EFI chip password locks

Buyers beware of 2nd hand Apple laptops or iMac PC purchases. This is an expensive lesson I've learnt this week.

Those particular items should be listed as "Faulty & for parts only!" Whether they are able to turn on or have been wiped with a new install.

My experience recently with this is an issue world-wide that the Firmware EFI chip is locked.

I cannot unlock the Apple EFI (BIOS password) as the original owner set it up.

The business I purchased my iMac from cannot provide an original 'Proof Of Purchase' receipt either & Apple will not unlock it!

So paying hundreds of dollars for Apple products you could be left with a dud. Especially if the HDD fails then it's an expensive paper-weight. It is also very difficult even as an experienced IT Tech to remove the password which could cost a couple of hundred dollars.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Good stuff! Caring people!

I recently went to this store for data recovery for my Mac. Plus replacing my Ipad Air after my baby crashed it. Apple Bondi Junction store really have amazed me with their caring service.
Charlotte is the young lady who served me at their genius Bar. Professionally resolved my problem after with my Mac after my dramatic incident. There were chances of cross selling a new IPad where they can charge me more. However they thought ahead for me , judging I have a young baby, it’s best not to upgrade with something too fancy in case my baby accidentally ruins it again. Will definitely go back to this store.

Store LocationBondi
Product PurchasedApple iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi

Bad service Garden City Apple Store

Unfortunately I was waiting for my 3:50pm appointment till 4:30pm. All the clients in the table were served and I waited patiently. Then a friend happened to rock up and I said you have to wait for a bit when he asked. He was served within 2 minutes. I said to him while another staff member was there if I don't get served soon I would have to buy a google pixel instead of the iphone XS if they cant serve me soon and if my current iphone cannot be potentially fixed. So no one came for another 10 minutes and a new client came in to my table and got served within a minute. Said to my mate had to go to get a new phone urgently before the day finishes and left to JB Hi fi and got the google pixel 3 - an AWESOME PHONE! Not sure if its discrimination or just bad service there but would like to think the latter. Im sure steve jobs wouldn't appreciate that sort of terrible service guys.

Store LocationGarden City
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Extremely Inferior and unreliable Product. Abusive and Absurd service to scare customers away.

A near new iPhone (cost $1000) broke, no screen at all.

Store assistant refused to fix and refused to provide the escalation path to complaint within iPhone

When I asked for her name for legal action, she refused to write it down, claimed that she sent it to my email (which is obviously never received) and instantly refused to provide service to me.

The Technical Support line is what they referred to as legal dept which is misleading.

Products and services from the 10 dollar shops may have been more reliable and trustworthy.

Store LocationMiranda
I officially requiest Apple Australia to apologize for the wrong doing of their staff. and I also call upon all other Apple customers to have a collective legal action against the inferior quality and post sales service of the more than expensive Apple products.,

Bad service

Don’t get your phone fix here,
I was told to pick up at 3:40 waited extra 1hour until repair finished
You have to keep going back to ask the staff for updates every 15mins

Store LocationSydney

Worst Customer Service Ever! Frustrating

Apple Store City SYDNEY NSW
Worst customer service, iPhone 8 $1100 yet if you crack screen it’s not fixable due to glass. Apple refused to do anything... only alternative is to buy a new phone! You make an appointment at the “ Genius Bar” then they keep you waiting over an hour!

No exchange new watch strap unopened

Apple staff could NOT exchange a brand new unopened watch strap bought in the USA - I just wanted a different colour than the gift that I was given ! Very inflexible

Store LocationChatswood
Product PurchasedApple Watch strap

Apple Robina Store Staff are Con Artists.

I book my iPhone 6 plus in the above store for new battery, the sales-man tried to sign me up a new phone before we we even started. The phone came on then they took it away for testing , came back with some Jargon about it not worth replacing. I went to a local dealer & replaced the battery for $10 cheaper & it works fine now. BE WARNED...Do not go there !

Store LocationiPhone 6 from Apple . via vodafone.

Upsetting and frustrating

Bought iPad mini cellular from George street Apple store. Forgot my iCloud password and the phone number, couldn’t log in. The serial no. of the receipt I have and the serial no. of the product doesn’t match. Called tech support twice. Was told to go to the store to solve the matter. Took Genius Bar app. When I went there the employee who served was not nice and had attitude. Everything was I can’t and talking to me as if I had stolen the product. Asking me to produce the receipt that I had taken the pains to physically go and get it from their store. Is it my fault that I was send the wrong receipt?

Store LocationGeorge street Apple stirey
Product PurchasedApple iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular

'Genius' Bar customer service terrible

I made appointments twice and the "Genius" staff cannot diagnose that only SATA cable is broken. Only cost me $17 to fix. They wanted to replace logic board for $760.

Total quality service.

After experiencing screen issues with my iPhone I made an appointment with the Genius Bar. Within 10 minutes I was served. The Apple rep saw my issue and took full responsibility for my screen issue. They took my phone then and there for repairs. I went and got some lunch. When I returned my phone wasn’t quite ready so I joined in on one of the classes running in store. So I now can use the Clips app with ease and had my phone repaired and returned in under 2 hours.

Store LocationApple Store Charlestown NSW.
Product PurchasedApple AirPods

Poor customer Service

A staff member was asked to help me with a macbook pro and to answer some questions I had when I went in this store today. I was told he was an "expert in computers". He turned out to be very condescending and rude when he was replying to my questions. Originally I placed an order with him to buy a computer but after his rudeness I cancelled my order and walked out. I confronted the manager and he seemed nice but his staff are the gate to this company. To me, they are Apple.

Store LocationThe Apple Store Rundle Mall Adelaide South Australia
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Disgraceful new iphone 8+ fault resolution by the world's richest Company...

I received a brand new iphone 8 plus phone which I had purchased via the Qantas store, but noticed during setup that there was a significant issue with the display, with 5 pixels being faulty (always off). So I took the phone into the Adelaide Apple store and spoke to a so called "genius", who fully agreed that the phone was faulty and should be refunded or replaced. Problem was though, that they gave me the runaround by insisting that I take the matter up with the Qantas store, despite them having available replacement stock and being the actual manufacturer. They also tried to fob me off by offering a "remanufactured" phone as a replacement for my 1 day old unit, which I refused. It is my understanding that under the Consumer Laws of 2010 either the retailer or the manufacturer can be asked to remedy a fault in a new item, at my option. So now I am forced to waste time messing around with the Qantas store, going to post offices to return the item, and waiting another week for a resolution. I will be reporting this matter to the ACCC as I don't believe Apple are legally correct in treating customers in this manner.

Store LocationAdelaide Apple Store
Product PurchasedApple iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

I can’t knock Apple

I’ve been an Apple customer for 7 years and have found their products to be first class. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, iPad gen 6, iPhone 8, iPhone 6 Plus and an Apple Watch gen 3. All have given me great satisfaction. On the rare occasion that an issue arises Apple Online Support are a great help and if the issue can’t be resolved with an online chat, they make an appointment for me to visit the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store. They even email the details straight away. The Genius Bar is just fantastic. Which other hardware tech company offers that service? I’ve found the extras that Apple offers to be well worth the premium I paid upfront for the hardware. Originally when I bought my first Windows laptop before I switched to Apple I found that the platform was in a constant battle against viruses and malware. While Mac OS X & iOS are not perfect the difference is very noticeable, a security update once every six to eight weeks or so instead of one or two updates a week for Windows, it may have changed over the years. To be honest I have better things to think about than my computer getting a virus or worse before the next update.
The Apple Stores are always very busy butI find that reassuring, Ive noticed that some people just want to go and hang out. Apple do classes for adults & children, I believe they are free, now that’s going the extra mile! I have always found the team members to be knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant, even without the prospect of a sale.
To be honest I’m looking forward to my next MacBook purchase. My 2012 model is getting a bit slow but after 7 years, I expect that. I must admit I’ll miss the inbuilt super drive.
Recently I had my iPad 6 replaced under warranty as the antenna cover cracked. The Genius Bar appointment was on time, took less than 10 minutes and I walked out of the Broadway Store with a brand new iPad 6, no questions asked. That is customer service!
My experience with Apple over the years has always been positive, I think the product and the follow up service (in or out of warranty) if needed to be excellent. Unlike some tech companies Apple don’t just take your money and run. Apple stands by all its products and that makes a big difference when needed.

Store LocationBondi & Broadway

Poor customer service

When I scheduled my time to go and visit apple store for device damage assessment, Tech genius who attended me was disrespectful by not listening to my need. I need a letter from apple for my insurances claim but the Tech genius wording was so poor and refused to listened to my advise.
She wanted to say the damage in the product is minor. To me, regardless it is minor or not, she shouldn’t say “only cosmetic and not effecting the functionality”. I was so upset with the word “only”. To her it is only cosmetic, but to me it is not and I’m annoyed by the cosmetic damage on the screen. Even though at the end she took the word “only” out, but the treatment i had was very disrespectful. I’m very disappointed with apple tech genius named Steph.

Store LocationApple store chadstone

Wasted $3400

bought a high end macbook pro.

repair cost was close to original price so i threw it away.. little did i know there was a man called louiss rossman thanksapple

Store Locationgeorge street apple store.
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product Purchasedan overpriced aluminium toaster.

Worst customer service ever - was lied to over the phone the expected to pay $600

Phone display died with other issues was unable to turn on or get a proper diagnosis as the phone wasn’t responding.
Admitted I had a 3rd party screen replacement.
They fix my phone and I call to ask how much it will cost - was told absolutely nothing as it was under warranty - just come in and collect it. Then I come in to pick it up and get told it will cost me 600 to collect it after being lied to over the phone. After being in the store for 30 min I get sent the receipt for 600 dollars 15 min into the second conversation with the staff members that have messed up in the first place (covering their butts cause they never sent me anything and just expected me to whip the money out of thin air).
They don’t honor their word.
I originally asked them to not fix it if it was going to cost me anything. But they fixed it anyways.
Then they offer to unfix my phone and send me on my merry way.
After explaining my situation many times and being assured that it wasn’t going to cost me anything I was then spoken to in a patronizing way and was not offered any good customer service at all but the workers to back track on their job and hand me back a broken phone that they had just fixed.

After being asked what I wanted to do multiple times I told them I wanted them to honor what I was told over the phone. The conversation went around in circles because they messed up terribly and not even out of good will won’t honor what they had told me over the phone.

A complete joke Apple.

100% the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life.

Store LocationApple Store Broadway Sydney
Product PurchasedApple iPhone X

Update don’t do nothing is compatible

Don’t do any recent updates I can’t charge my phone which on the cord I have done for over a year now left with a phone that is nearly flat
Use to live apple however now after this with them I’m pretty sure most will go once there plans expire I’ve bought mine out right over 4 years from an apple store and a few years before hand after this though I think I’ll have to learn android

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 7 Plus 128GB

No quality of staff

I bought 2 apple watches from the Perth City Apple store. Told the staff i needed a tax receipt for Tax refund. The staff didn't include my name in the receipt when I needed for tax refund as purchases over 1000AUD needed the buyer's identity.