Arcosteel Stonehenge Frypan

Arcosteel Stonehenge Frypan Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Arcosteel? Claim your listing.
Jim Wade
Jim Wade

what are the health issues using this frypan

Karen B.
Karen B.

Why do these frypans badly mark my cook top

Eric S.
Eric S.

Dishwasher safe

Kmart

I’m not sure because I haven’t got the manufacturers instructions. But I’m always a bit careful about plastic, frypans, good knives in dishwashers. Mostly I just wipe it out, put water in the pan to soak stubborn bits and rinse under hot water. However, I only paid $21 for the pan on special so for me I would put it in the dishwasher and buy another one if I needed to.

Di C.
Di C.

Does the base of an Arco steel saucepan contain copper

Kmart

Not sure. It is not visible. If it does then it is encased in the base. Check out you closest Woolworths to see these frypans

Artemys A.
Artemys A.

When I used this pan the first time (after washing and pre-seasoning as per the instructions on the pan) it was giving off this strong chemical smell like burning plastic. Has anyone encountered this or did I end up with a faulty piece?

Phileo

that did not happen with mine

eddo
eddo

Didn't happen to mine neither. I have noticed the handle could get burnt by the flame if the gas stove is larger or the same size as the pan.

Lynette M.
Lynette M.

How can I tighten the handles , have used them for years and the handle is always a problem

Maggie
Maggie

Phillips head screw driver is all you will need. Best frypan ever.

Kerry C.
Kerry C.

Where is acrosteel pans made

Phileo

I don't know but you could email arcosteeladmin@wiseconcept.net

Lin Mc

What is the difference between a 30cm Frypan and a 30cm Wok. Is a Wok higher ?

Phileo

Yes a wok is higher and has a more rounded base.

Lin Mc

They seem very popular at the moment. Where can I get them from in South Australia

Nick B.
Nick B.

Does these arcosteel pans use teflon with PFOA in them?

Helen R.
Helen R.

Hi Nick, That’s a very good question and when I looked to see if the labelling stated no PFOA or PTFE I couldn’t find that information. From my research all manufacturers of non stick cookware stopped using PFOA several years ago but my research tells me that certain related chemicals are still used to make the non stick surface. It is also used in stain resistant and other surfaces so we should all be aware of this. There is a good web site called Goodfood.com.au which explains in more detail. I think I will save up and buy a heavy duty copper based fry pan as I do have concerns now after you raised this question.

RoseP
RoseP

Hello, could someone please tell me the diameter of the cooking area in cm?
Thank you!
Rose

T1NT1N

I can’t remember which size pan I purchased and I would assume their size refers to the base diameter. Any rate - mine is 24cm across the base and 31cm rim to rim diameter. Hope that helps...I seem to remember the range comes in at least three sizes.

Judy F.
Judy F.

Is arcosteel stonehedge the same as arcosteel bio rock cooking pan products?

T1NT1N

From what I can access online Bio Rock appear to be for Hebrew targeted marketing but by looking at the images the products appear to be different. Stonehenge has a darker texture while Bio Rock is lighter. I can only find Bio Plus locally and those pans certainly don't rate as highly as Stonehenge.

T1NT1N

Interestingly I see marketing for a deleted line called Arcosteel Bio Stone which has an appearance more like Stonehenge. I have no idea....maybe call the company and discuss if they market same product under different names to target various markets.

michele g.

Where to buy? Woollies doesn't stock it any more

The Warehouse in NZ.

michele g.

They don't ship internationally unfortunately

rekwah1961

How much for the small fry pan

20cm pan is NZ$30 at The Warehouse. 26m pan is NZD$35 and 30cm pan is NZD$40

How much in Australia

Grey
Grey

I dont remember exactly how much i paid but i think it was under $20Aud back then i was super cheap.

Len S.
Len S.

Can you use the arcosteel frypan in the oven if you wrap the handle in foil

T1NT1N

You can only use in oven up to 180deg Celsius and I would think wrapping the handle in foil would be a bit of a waste of time. Your choice I guess.

JoL

With exactly what material is the interior coated? 3 layers of non-stick coating is very vague...

T1NT1N

There is a tendancy toward 'panic thinking' in relation to non-stick cookware and 'scare marketing' that suggests those with 'planet' or 'green' references are better. Many claims related to risk are for when exposed to extreme conditions - such as temperatures over 260deg which won't occur with normal use. It is important to check the surface for damage and scratches and to avoid using damaged products but essentially to date large scale studies show no scientific risks to human health when using products in good condition and as advised. Stonehenge is noted as PFOA, lead and cadmium free - spray oils are to be avoided - use on elements that fits pan base - not for commercial use. You have the choice to avoid non-stick surfaces in your life if you wish but for what it is worth you are likely to engage in more risk crossing the street or eating processed foods from your supermarket. Any manufacturer can trademark a process (such as 'Shellac' or 'Gel' nail polish) - most people don't need to know the recipe or contents of the coating only that it is suitable and safe for their 'ideal' or set standards.

JoL

Thanks - I have looked up some info on non-stick surfaces and understand how they should be treated, and I'm happy to use non-stick pans.
I just like to have a bit more to go on and giving vague descriptions can backfire if people start thinking it's because the manufacturer wants to hide something.

Good point JoL
I also would like to see a list of materials / compounds that the pan is made of ?

Robyn S.

Does the aluminium leech out whilst cooking?

T1NT1N

With the outside coated in silicone and three layers of non-stick on the inside I doubt the aluminium forged inner causes any issues. As long as you use as instructed I don’t think you will have any issues. We stopped using aluminium coffee capsules for coffee due to concerns around exposure so are aware of concerns.

Robyn S.

I thought that but yes I don’t like to use aluminium either.

Cate

Recently bought the 30cm Stonehenge frypan but am having difficulty with it not working on only 1 of my induction cooktop heaters. It works on the smaller 2 heaters but not the 26cm one. After heating it on the smaller heater of the induction cooktop for about 60 seconds and then placing it on the larger heater the pan seems to work.

Any ideas as to why the frypan doesn’t heat on the larger heater or have I just got a “dud”?

Deb P

Cn't really help here as we do not have induction

bayboy
bayboy

I am having the same problem with the Stonehenge Wok . Not working on Induction hobs.

T1NT1N

Ours has no issues on any of our four induction hobs. I assume you have used other pans on the troublesome hob.

Cate

Yes, all other pans work fine on the troublesome hob. I now warm up the pan slightly on another hob then put it on the hob. This seems to work okay.

brian jones
brian jones

Is it oven safe?

Deb P

I do not believe so as the handle is not metal so I would not put it in the oven

T1NT1N

You can use in the oven up to 180deg Celsius.

Lou
Lou

I have 2 stonehenge 30cm frypans. When handle gets loose I can’t tighten them so they are not safe anymore. Any ideas?

Deb P

Funny you should mention this as I noticed the same thing. My husband put Loctite on the thread and then tightened it so now it does not loosen, as you say it is unsafe otherwise

T1NT1N

The Stonehenge frypan has a 10yr manufacture warranty....if the handle becomes loose wouldn't you just return to base for replacement? I would also be wary of using Loctite on cooking products especially when the item is being heated up. Loctite do offer food grade products so if using that option probably best to confirm food grade approval level and suitability.

Natalia L

Hi T1NT1N, you seem to have some understanding of these pans. Any idea of what the actual compounds are they are made of? I understand the use of PFAS, or PFOA‘S were phased out in 2015?
And yes I agree people do panic with non stick. However knowledge is trust for me really. Any insights I appreciate!

Jim W.
Jim W.

are there health issues using this coating to cook on thanks Jim