Ariston MWA25B

Listing monitored by Ariston

22 questions from our users

Toria
Toriaasked

Our MWA25B seems to be dying on us :( we had to swap the 1st one in we purchased as it was faulty, as far as microwaves go this model just doesn't seem to be able to last the time. Its now making a very loud noise, seems to have an electrical smell and cuts of after about 14 seconds. We are very sad as it is used daily and overall has great features. This was quite an investment for us as it was more expensive than regular microwaves. In today's times we will likely have to replace with a cheaper option.

Hi Toria,
If there is a noise and an electrical smell coming from the microwave, then for safety reasons please do not use the microwave until it has been checked.
It is difficult to determine the issue without seeing the microwave. It would be best to give Arisit Technical Support a call on 1300 762 219 to see if a technician can figure out what the problem is.

anna
annaasked

Is this microwave brand discontinued?

Geoff E

Not sure - refer to this Australian link for Ariston. I note below that a Ariston rep often answers a lot of questions & may be able to assist as well - https://ariston.com.au/kitchen/

Hi Anna,
These Ariston microwaves have been discontinued, but there still may be some around in stores. If you are after a freestanding microwave-grill, Whirlpool has a range of microwaves that are very similar to the Ariston ones. https://whirlpool.com.au/product-category/microwaves/

Karen
Karenasked

Where can I buy this please? Unable to find it. Harvey Norman does 23B

Hi Karen,
This model is discontinued so it may be difficult to find in stores. However, Whirlpool has a range of counter-top microwaves that you may want to consider. https://whirlpool.com.au/product-category/microwaves/

Liz S.
Liz S.asked

Where is this microwave manufactured?

Hi Liz,
This microwave is manufactured in China.

Eliezer
Eliezer

That is a deal-breaker just in itself. China is our enemy, as it has made painfully clear.

Munna
Munnaasked

How does the self-clean function work? I'm worried about grease splatter on the element.

Schae P.Ariston

Hi Munna,

This automatic cleaning cycle will help you to to clean the microwave oven cavity and to remove unpleas-ant odors.
BEFORE STARTING THE CYCLE:
1. Put 235ml water into a container (see our recommendations in the below section).
2. Place the container directly on the middle of Glass Turntable.
TO START THE CYCLE:
3. Press the Auto Clean button,the cleaning cycle duration will be visible on the display.
4. Press the Jet Start button to start the function. WHEN THE CYCLET IS FINISHED,a beep will signal once every 10 seconds for 10 minutes when the cleaning cycle is finished.
5. Press the Stop button or open the door to cancel the signal.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
6. Remove the container.
7. Use a soft cloth or a paper towel with mild detergent to clean the interior surfaces.

R.Naderasked

Hi there
After reading all the great reviews, I decided to buy one.... guess what ? after contacting the company , they informed me they dont make them anymore. Obviously if they make somthing too good, they stop making them in case they last to long ??? Could you please enlighten me ?

Clint
Clint

Check at Harvey Norman as they may have some.

Geoff E

This is the link to the Ariston website in Australia for contacts.

R.Nader

Thanks all, have already checked at Harvey Norman, Bing Lee, Retra Vision, Good Guys etc. etc. , contacted Ariston direct who informed me they have ceased manufacturing of that model. cheers SW

Rod F.asked

I am thinking of buying this product, is it suitable to fit into where i have my old Microwave, it is a like a microwave alcove or opening in my Kitchen, enclosed to fit microwave with powerpoint at back.

Geoff E

Yeh, that’s where we have ours in a recess for a microwave & I have a vent opening at the back that goes in the ceiling for ventilation.

Rod F.

mine does not have a vent, but with size i think there will be space on the sides and top to vent, do you think this microwave will still be suitable?

Rod F.

Home from work now and just inspected my microwave space and yes there is a space at the top of cavity to vent behind cupboard about microwave

Quality
Qualityasked

Can the oven be set to 50F degrees for meringues?

Geoff E

As you would be aware, there are many versions of making meringue but according to the Ariston instructions for their version of meringue - set the oven to fan forced function on 100-120c @ 90w & cook for 30 to 40 minutes on the micro wave baking tray using baking paper. We have made a simpler version in a couple of minutes, by just mixing icing sugar & egg white into a dough, roll in balls, place balls on a paper towel on a plate & cook on high in the microwave for 90 seconds. I have seen recipes where they recommend beating the egg whites at 50f or 10c & cooking at low temps for a couple of hours, then leaving them in the turned off cooling oven to dry further but there isn’t a lot of difference from the 90 second version in the end. Happy cooking.

Janet R.
Janet R.asked

Can this go under a bench

Geoff E

I believe you could, just ensure it is well ventilated as per product manual. The door opens from underneath the door & you would need to bend over to see the functions but this would be an issue with any under bench microwave. I think they designed them to be at bench level or above. Ours is in a well ventilated recess above the oven at eye level, so you can easily see the functions & open the door.

Hi Janet,
This microwave needs at least 30cm free space above the microwave for ventilation purposes. There also needs to be sufficient space around the microwave for proper airflow so it is best placed on a bench. This microwave should not be placed in a cabinet.

annie
annieasked

Recently bought this but am struggling to get the desired results from the dynamic crisp function. I have tried home made pizza and also bacon with no luck.
Also tried to grill cheese but that was a fail as well - do you use grill or dynamic crisp for that?
Any suggestions/ tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Geoff E

Did you get the redemption promotional which includes the Ariston recipe cook book. If not you can download from their website. The cook book tells what functions & times to use depending on what recipe you use, which includes pizza, crispy bacon & toast cheese sandwich. For pizzas I use an electric pizza maker made by New Wave Kitchen Appliances & it is called - The Pizza Maker. - cost around $100au. You need a top & bottom temp of 300c plus to maker a really good pizza & The Pizza Maker makes restaurant quality wood fire equivalent pizzas.

Lothar P.
Lothar P.asked

MWA25B
When the time is up it says End but the light stays on and the table keeps turning.
I would have thought that it should stop altogether at the end.
Is this incorrect?

Hi Lothar,
This is normal. It is an added feature that allows the food to turn with the fan on constantly to prevent un-even cooking in the food while the oven cavity is still warm. A signal will beep once a minute for 10 minutes when the cooking is finished. Press the STOP button or open the door to cancel the signal.

John S.asked

1. If you leave the door open, does the internal lamp turn itself off automatically after a few minutes?
2. When the door is open, can the internal lamp be manually turned off by pressing a button (eg. Stop)?
3. Is the clock 12-hour or 24-hour?

Hi John,
1. The lamp turns itself automatically after about 15 minutes.
2. The internal lamp cannot be turned off manually while the door is open.
3. This microwave has a 24-hour clock.

John S.

Had a play with a display model today and found pressing the stop button while the door is open does in fact turn the lamp off, just like my previous Whirlpool. I've been using this feature for the last 10 years to avoid wasting electricity and shortening the bulb's lifespan when leaving the door open to ventilate after 15+ minutes of cooking, as I don't like closing the door and sealing in moisture.

Though I was a bit disappointed to find there is no way to quickly start a 15 minute microwave cook. It seems we have to press Microwave -> OK -> hold the plus button for a LONG time until 15 minutes is accumulated -> OK.

It seems this could be worked around with the Favourite button though, however it only stores 1 memory preset! Sometimes I need to do 18 minutes, sometimes 15, and I neglected to test if I can quickly add or remove a few minutes to the stored Favourite.

Apart from this it seems to meet all my needs and may still purchase it anyway :)

Connie S.
Connie S.asked

Which setting is used to preheat the crisp plate?

Hi Connie,
The preheat setting depends on the function being used. If you have a look at the user manual on the Ariston website it will let you know how to preheat the plate for the recipe you want.

Adam S
Adam Sasked

Does the clock keep accurate time? (I hope I get a genuine answer, not a paid response like all the paid Ariston reviews here)

Hi Prizm,
Yes the clock keeps accurate time.

Bronwyn B
Bronwyn B

diana
dianaasked

can you get a trim to make it built in?

Hi Diana,
This microwave should not be built in. It is designed for counter-top usage only and should have around 30cm above the microwave free for ventilation purposes.

Eveasked

Do I close the door when I use grill?
Why is the microwave sound rattling while heat up meals?

Nola

Sorry I'd love to help but I've yet to try the grill. I will do that soon.

Nola

Sorry I'd love to help but I've yet to try the grill. I'll look forward to that.

Eve

Thanks Nola. I read the manual instruction but not really clear if I can close the door when using grill. What do you think about the noise level. I have never heard such a loud noise when turn on Reheat or Microwave. Am I getting a faulty unit??

Kate
Kateasked

where is the serial number?

Hi Kate,
The serial number is located on the back of the microwave on the label with the barcode.

John G.
John G.

There are 2 bar code numbers and 1 number under tje model number. Which is it ?

Schae P.Ariston

Hi John,

It will either say service number or S/N followed by the digits.

SiewSasked

This microwave Ariston (MWA25B) sounds like it’s what I’m looking for. The space I’d like to place it is in a cabinet above the oven. Size of cabinet is quite spacious - 595Wx450Hx475D and has an air vent on the top back. Is it sufficiently spacious for it be safely placed in the cabinet?

ireon
ireon

check the specs online. if it fits and allow enough space for circulation, then should be fine. I’ve always had my microwave inbuilt into cabinets and had no problems.

Thanks.

Hi SiewS,
This microwave oven should not be placed in a cabinet. There must be a minimum of 30cm above the microwave for ventilation purposes and it should be placed away from other heat sources.

Barb w.asked

How do u bake a pudding in the microwave?
What setting, etc ??

Hi Barb w,
Pour the mix into ceramic baking dishes about 3/4 of the way full and place onto the Dynamic Crisp Plate.
Place the Plate into the microwave. Fill the plate with water until it is just about full.
Set the microwave to Combination Forced Air and Microwave Function at 170'C and 90W. Cook in the microwave for 20 minutes.
This all depends on the recipe you are using. The method above is for chocolate pudding in four small dishes at the same time.

Barb w.

Thanks heaps for your help
But
Where is the combination forced air and microwave function on panel??

Anthony F.Ariston

Press the 'menu' button (furthest left button, after 'STOP') and then use the dial to cycle through the different functions until you get to 'Combi Forced Air and Microwave'. Select 'OK' and then you can cycle through different power levels for the microwave, and then the duration of the cook.

SamW
SamWasked

Hi Folks,

Has anyone tried making cup cakes or similar ?. I am just wondering whether it will work for a cup cake baking tray ? Thanks a lot.

Hi Sam,
It is possible to make cupcakes with the MWA25B, however as it is a microwave you would need to use a silicone cupcake tray (instead of metal) and the cooking results will vary to a convection oven.
Regards

Get an answer from our members and Ariston representatives

Other Microwaves