Aunt Betty

Payment problem

Filled in all details for my flight, clicked pay now and it said something went wrong. However, it says my booking is processing, my bank balance hasn’t been affected. How do I know if the payment/booking has worked or not?

Poor Customer Service and Delayed Refund

I am extremely disappointed to deal with them. Booked flight with this agent for the first time and identified flight cancellation myself and notified Aunt Betty. They got the flight rescheduled knowing Boeing 737 Max 8s are grounded. Anyway airline cancelled flight again and as I was tracking I called Aunt Betty about cancellation and they didn't even know. Anyway I requested a refund which is now going to take ages to come back and some Aunt Betty representative are saying 12 weeks and some 5 to 7 working days. I have to book with another airline and I have to get money back for it. Their customer service is very poor. One wonders in this day and age refund would be quick enough especially when its airline which is responsible for the cancellation of flights.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Hassan, We will send you a private message to obtain your booking details so we can investigate further. We are required to follow the airlines terms and conditions, including the airline refund policy. We understand that the airline process may not be to the customers expectations and do our best to expedite the process. Regards, Aunt Betty.Hi Hassan, We are required to follow the airlines instructions, however we will process an instant refund back to your card today so you can purchase new tickets. Please note it may take a few working days to show on your card statement. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Booking Error

As i purchased a ticket, when choosing the flighting seats, an error message popped up saying OOPS. My account has been charged with no follow up on the flight seats. I am unable to reselect my seats.

Booking Type Flights
Hi, We are sorry that you were unable to confirm your seat request at the booking stage. Please contact our customer care team via the website and request your seats. They will advise your options and select your seats. Thanks, Aunt Betty.

Worst Online Booking Service

Worst customer service. Just reading scripts. Have no clue to use the brain. Charging people double the money as the website has error and books twice and then they don’t have to do anything to help. Not recommended. Zero. BYO is also the same company.

Booking Type Flights
Hi, We have sent you a private message to get your booking number, so we can investigate further. Thanks, Aunt Betty.

Beware of fees

Classic error of booking the wrong dates, discovered it the morning after we booked (so less than 24 hours). Cost us $1000 to have the flights changed to the correct dates. $900 of that was just fees and charges, only $100 was difference in fare. These guys are scam artists. The rep over the phone was abrupt and had no compassion for two people who were scraping the money together to go on a holiday in the first place.

Booking Type Flights
Hi, We are sorry your experience has not been to your expectations on this occassion. We understand that people make errors with dates, however as an online booking agency, we are required to abide by the airlines terms and conditions, including any penalties and fare differences that apply when customers need to make changes to their bookings. This is why the system requires customers to double check what they have booked, so that costly errors can be avoided. We hope that you have an enjoyable holiday. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Awaful experience!!! Do not buy from this company

I purchased a ticket from Melbourne to Tel Aviv travelling on May 28th 2019
When the itinerary was issued to me, I noticed that one letter in my surname was miss-spelt.
As soon as I noticed and as per the instructions on the itinerary, I immediately contacted Aunt Betty to advise what had occurred
After several back and forth emails, where at times I waited several days for an Aunt Betty representative to contact me, I was advised that I would need to cancel my ticket, less $240 processing fee and purchase a new ticket, which was quoted to me at $1836.00
It is important to note that I also spoke to several Aunt Betty representatives at this time, all of which provided me with different information
At this point I checked the Aunt Betty website where the ticket was still the same price as when I bought it, approx $1600
Nevertheless I agreed to proceed with this scenario and price
On Monday 18th March when I called Aunt Betty to process the payment because I had still not heard from them in regards to this and to issue a refund, I was then informed that I would be refunded my original ticket, less $240 processing fee and now be charged an additional $2600 instead of the previously quoted (below) $1836
I found this to be absolutely absurd and advantageous, as the price for the EXACT SAME ticket online on Aunt Betty was $1639 (as per attached screen shot)
When I advised that Aunt Betty should at the very least honour the price they had quoted me in their email, being $1836, and as I was already prepared to disregard the fact that the online price was still showing $1639, they would not budge on this
I advised that the terms and conditions stated on the itinerary issued to me, advised that the Cancellation Policy should allow for me to cancel and pay $170 (as per below) and that I contacted Singapore airlines and Turkish airlines and their cancellation policy was $150, which would negate the advise the Aunt Betty rep told me, which was if I just wanted to cancel the ticket and not purchase another one, I would loose the entire fare of the ticket and not be refunded ANYTHING
I have been in touch with consumer affairs and they have instructed me to take this case to VCAT, which I absolutely intend to do
They left me with absolutely no option, but to cancel my ticket and then purchase a new one via your extremely exacerbated price
I feel like I have been taken advantage off and not assisted at all by the Aunt Betty team for a basic human error mistake, in the instance where I have already agreed to bare all the fees along the way

Booking Type Flights
Hi, I understand our customer care team has just been in touch and have been working with the airline on an acceptable solution. They will confirm and send an update once this is done. We understand that errors occur but that is why our online booking system requires the customer to confirm the spelling of their names before proceeding to the payment stage. We are required to abide by the airlines terms and conditions to making amendments to bookings and to pass on any applicable charges. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Must read the terms and conditions before making any purchase

Absolutely disappointed by the customer service team, my flight was cancelled twice, when it was being cancelled first time I was not being updated by the airline nor by the aunt betty that it is cancelled and when I was at the airport for boarding that's where I came to know that it is cancelled. I was so frustrated and disappointed by their negligence and I asked them to reschedule my flight and they rebook it for two weeks later and this flight was cancelled again and I asked aunt betty team to book a flight with the other airline and I'll pay the difference. I was being notified by the team that I can't do that and update that either I can rebook with the same airline or request for a refund. I decided not to book again with the same airline after all waisting my holidays for around four weeks and asked for a refund, that's where the customer team member informed me the process time is 12 weeks means three months, bullshit!! I have checked around four to five agencies to compare the refund time and it varies from 10 working days to 18 and one travel agency refund time is 22 days, which is fair enough that it takes that much time for an internal team to process. But, when it comes to aunt betty lol.

Booking Type Flights
Hi, We have sent a private message requesting more information se we can investigate further, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Be very wary of this agent

I was purchasing a ticket, it went through with all my details and bank details, but on choosing a seat the OOPS! something went wrong notice that everyone talks about came up. I tried to call and got a very crackly inaudible line. I mentioned what happened and the lady hung up and didn't call back.
Is this a legit service? Cheap if it is, but I do wonder reading all the concerns, if nothing else very rude and unprofessional.

So all I can say is best try Flight Centre direct.

Booking Type Flights
Then without confirmation I found they charged my account!Hi Deborah, We are sending you a private message to get more details so we can investigate, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Web page is with so many gliches

This was my first time with Aunt Bettt and booking my flight was really stressful. Their booking page was not working properly and I had to do the booking process several times. When I finally managed to do the payment, some add-ons have been added to it which I did not select. I contacted the customer service many times. Still couldn't get it sorted. Worst service ever.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Sankhi, We are sending you a private message to get more details so we can investigate, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Finally, Aunt Betty has resolved my issue. I appreciate their service

Hi

I am editing my review because Aunt Betty understood my concern and happily resolved the issue. I must say it was a stressing time, for me but in the end, Aunt Betty Kept my trust. I would like to say to everyone here that many people might say it's not safe to book from them this and that , because the prices they sell the tickets doesn't exist, I will say this is a lie. I am saying what I have experienced, Aunt Betty saved my 200 dollars because I was getting the same flights in 1700 dollars from the airline website and aunt Betty gave me the same flights in 1500 dollars. Everything is ok and real. Thumbs up for Aunt Betty. I loved their service.

Regards,
Mohit

Booking Type Flights
Thanks Mohit, appreciate your comments.

Oops something went wrong x2

Went to book a flight to NZ with aunt betty only to reach the end of payment with "oops something went wrong". So I went back and checked my aunt betty account, to see if the transaction went through and all it said was "in progress"
Does this mean i should get an email confirming my booking soon amd my transaction most likely went through? Or did it/most likely wont go through and i should restart again or go directly to the airline?
P.S i used the aunt betty site directly one tab only.

Booking Type Flights
Hi, We are sending you a private message to obtain more information so we can investigate further, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Payment is not working

I tried to book flights which still appear on Aunt Betty's website to be cheaper than other websites and the actual airline ( Qatar) however three times I tried and failed!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Panos, We are sorry you have had issues with your booking attempt. A private message has been sent requesting more information so we can locate your booking attempts and see what went wrong. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Go to pay then site crashes and price doubles

Same as others, go to pay, get message “something went wrong” then go back and find the price has more than doubled. Tried a few times cleared browsers tried on iPad, tried on laptop.

Booking Type Flights
Hi KJK, We are sorry you are having issues with the site. Please ensure you have cleared your cookies and are using a current version of your browser. These may be affecting your ability to complete the booking. Also make sure you are only in one tab and don;t have multiple tabs open. Hopefully this will help as we appreciate your business, Regards, Aunt Betty.

About Aunt Betty

The service I received from Aunt Betty was very good in the sense that when problems arose there was always a rep who tried to help. The support staff is very good

However I feel that Air Mauritius the major airline should brief the agents accordingly for example baggage allowance was not updated re the 30 kg per piece

Also Aunt Betty is not aware of the Frequent Flyer/Kestrel or its benefits to its members. That is important for agents to know

Booking Type Flights
Hi Stella G, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that our Customer Care team were able to assist you. In order to look into your baggage query, a private message has been sent through requesting for your booking details. Kind Regards, Aunt Betty

Says oops something went wrong while making payments

Hi there,
I tried making payments via credit card but always come as OOPS something went wrong.. How can I make payment on aunt betty..? Please let me know.. The payment is above $3500.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Simi, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience in booking with Aunt Betty. In order to look into this further, a private message has been sent through to you requesting for your booking details. Kind Regards, Aunt Betty

The service has been excellent. No problems whatsoever.

Tickets issued immediately. No mistakes in the tickets. Every things went well on departures and when coming back. Good job well done. I recommend others to use your services when buying airline tickets. Price is very competitive.

Trip Completed Yes
Booking Type Flights
Hi Fahmi, Thank you for your comments and your review, We hope you have a great holiday, Regards, Aunt Betty.

They are a bit dodgey

Thought I was booking a premium economy flight Brisbane to San Francisco via LA with Virgin, but ended up with Premium Economy for just the leg of Brisbane to LA and economy on Delta Airlines LA to San Fran . They advertised the flight as Premium Economy Brisbane to San Fran on Sky Scanner. Not sure if its misleading advertising, but it feels like they lure you in and then don't give you the ticket you thought you were going to get. Trying to talk to someone is a massive drama and they are not very helpful.

They have now also change airlines, and flight times 3 times for the same flight.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Anthony, We have sent you a private message to obtain details so we can investigate further. Flight time changes are controlled by the airline, and whilst we appreciate, they can be inconvenient on occassion, this is something out of our control. We will investigate the other issue you raised, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Terrible customer service and a rip off

Worst customer's service and issue resolution I have ever dealt with. Once they have your money its too late.

With fear of an impending cyclone coming that clashed with our flight times we contacted aunt Betty and spent over 2 hours on the phone to them, most of which was on hold or going through the motions with a new team member each time they decided to pick up. Very little time spent actually talking to people and all staff contradicted each other.

The resolution manager [name removed] was about as useful as wet firewood on a campfire. He not only insulted me but treated me and my partner like we were nothing and that our situation wasn't relevant to him or his life.

The team offered to change our flights at a total cost of 40% more plus fees than it would have cost for brand new tickets and told me that is just the way it is and to go buy tickets if I wasn't happy. He admitted to very likely breaching consumer Law and showed no apathy in doing so.

After further investigation I found the company was owned and operated by FLIGHT CENTRE. Shame on you for letting this 3rd party scam not only admit to ripping people off but have zero remorse from behind the keyboard in doing so.

Anyone looking to use aunt betty or flight centre? My advice is don't do it. just book through the airline it's generally a similar price anyway.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Matthew, We have reviewed the booking notes and our customer care team provided you with correct information. The airlines had not issued a general waiver for changes due to Cyclone Oma, and in the end it wasn't necessary. We understand that you may have been concerned about the potential for flight disruptions, but as you were advised, until the airline issues a waiver, any requests of changes are subject to the airlines normals changes and reissue charges and policy. Regards, Aunt Betty.Good chat. This doesn't change any of the other points raised here. You seem to duck and hide on this and many other comments regarding the poor level of customer service and general attitude of staff. Got any answers for this?

Rip off

Booked for a date and when ticket came. The date was changed. Now they Aunt Betty wanna charge $150 to change it. Recommend not to book with them. 0 start

Booking Type Flights
Hi Rock, We have sent you a private message to obtain more information so we can investigate this further, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Easy bookings

Very easy to book and excellent prices.
Only issue was my Frequent Flyer program wasn't included in the online list. Had to call after the booking was made to add membership details.

Trip Completed Yes
Booking Type Flights
Hi Rick, Thanks for your comments and your booking. We hope you have a great trip. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Hi, I want to cancel my flight which is on 21 march 2019, my booking reference is VQTR82. Can you please tell me how much refund I will be getting after deducting your admin fee. Thank you
Hi Sharma, I can see that our customer care team has already advised you on the costs to reissue your return to a new date, and also what you would receive if the return flights were cancelled. As advised, unfortunetly no refund is available as the cancellation processing fee exceeds the small amount of taxes that would be redeemed. Your original return date is still a live booking. If you wish to make a date change please do so as soon as possible as changing close to the departure date is generally more expensive. If you do not change the return dates and you do not travel on the current booked flights, your tickets will be forfeit. Regards, Aunt Betty.

im wanting to book but i am not very goof with computers and need to book a wheelchair for my son just woried it wont work but so far the revies are not bad
Hi Jessica, You can make the booking as normal, and then contact our care team who will request the wheelchair and assist for your son. My suggestion is also that you book on eof the major airlines and if possible, stick to the same airline for the entire journey and not a combination or airlines. Regards, Aunt Betty.Hi Jessica, Sorry I wasn't very clear before, you can also book a wheelchair, and meet and assist during the booking process, which will save you time. Thanks, Aunt Betty.

Hi, I have been chasing up with Aunt Betty for my refund which was refunded by Tiger Airlines (19/12/18) and till date (13/02/19) Aunt Betty hasn't refunded me the money. I have been talking to its customer care and being given false information that I will be notified at the earliest. It would be better if Aunt Betty takes good care of it's customers and provides quick assistance. Am still waiting for my refund of $200.
Hi Puspa, Please provide your booking number (ABY xxxxxx) and if possible your Tiger reference so we can locate your booking and investigate. Thanks, Aunt Betty.Till date, I haven't received any feedback from aunt betty. poor customer service.Hi Puspa, We have asked you several times for your booking details as we are unable to check the status based on the name 'Puspa" - please contact us with details so we can investigate. Thanks, Aunt Betty.

Similar listings