Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes (97) · No (794)
  • Ease of Booking

Very pleased

When we were unable to travel due to covid aunt Betty organised a refund for us with no hassle.
It was really appreciated how simple the process was. We were informed of the processing time frames and whilst the time frame was not quick it was accurate. This was better then some airlines we booked directly with

Trip CompletedYes
Booking TypeFlights

SCAM! Dont book with BYOjet/Aunt Betty!

Aunt Betty is a scam. Till date we have not receive our refund for ABY2908392 which as told was put in before May. The flight was via Qantas. Never book with BYOjet or Aunt Betty because you will never get your money back. They claimed Qantas is holding it up but it was not true. We cancelled another Qantas flight booked via Mix and Match and the refund was in within a week. Their Manager processed the refund on the spot. There is no way to reach Aunt Betty/BYOjet. Never book through agents, they charge sky high cancellation/rebooking fees, book direct with the airlines.

Booking TypeFlights

Horrible company with the worst customer service

Sylvia

SylviaSydney, NSW

Got my refund!!

I booked flights in September 2019 for Europe July 2020. Have been waiting for a while but they always answer my calls and tell me the status of my refund. I called again last week and they told me Qantas had released the funds and that it was being processed. Went back into my account today!! Hang in there. It will come!!

Booking TypeFlights

absolutely useless if there is a problem

I have been trying to get a refund, or a letter advising that no refund is available since March for airline travel back from the US. My experience is very similar to many of the negative reviews.

Trip CompletedYes
Diana

DianaSydney, NSW

Worst customer service ever experienced.

Worst customer service ever experienced. The employee refused my request to speak to the manager and hung up on me. I requested a refund as my credit voucher expires in January 2021 but due to COVID international flights will still not be possible. Aunt Betty does not have a clue if they can provide me with a refund.

Riley D.

Riley D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Fraudulent bookings

Accepted payment for flights that were canceled within 24hrs. When questioned over the phone multiple times about re booking or cancellations was told flights were none refundable and dont count for cancellation and no flights to be rebooked for over 3 weeks. When asked how it can be cancelled withing 24hr was told just because we advertise flights and take full payment doesn't mean you will be able to go on your flight.

Shingi S.

Shingi S.Sydney, NSW

Aunt Betty is a joke!

Aunt Betty is an absolutely shocking third-party online travel agent with minimal customer service, horrible attitude and an utterly unprofessional culture of tardiness and nastiness. The airlines has already refunded my tickets, yet Aunt Betty still refuses to pay out the refunds after months of waiting. I'm that sort of person who hates writing reviews. As such, I am feeling obligated to offer anyone who is reading this post a heads up - I have learnt my lesson and upon COVID normal, I will book directly with the airlines.

Cheryl Hendy

Cheryl HendyVictoria

After previously writing a review for a refund from Aunt Betty and being very disappointed I have finally had some luck. Originally I received no itinerary and no AB reservation number that had gone on since 24th Feb 2020 today I phoned Aunt Betty and everything was finally sorted out by Marvin over the phone! Credit where credits due he did a wonderful job sorting this all out and I will receive my refund in 12 wks. Thank you Marvin from Cheryl

Mon

Mon

Responsive and quick refund

Received our refund for flights booked for Singapore Airlines within weeks of requesting it. I was worried when requesting it after seeing all the negative reviews but it seems like the issues people are having are more with the airline not refunding Aunt Betty than Aunt Betty themselves. The flights, if they’d gone ahead, were well-priced and the booking process was smooth. I’d recommend Aunt Betty to anyone and again really appreciate Jhubei‘s clear and timely emails. They did a great job and hopefully everyone can remain patient in this tough time because Aunt Betty aren’t doing anyone wrong and are clearly doing their best!

Lis

LisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible customer service

Due to coronavirus, my international flight from Australia to Bali was cancelled back in March. Since March I have been attempting to organise a refund. A voucher has been provided which expires in January 2021 but due to the pandemic, international flights will still not be possible. Upon asking for an extension for the voucher due to the circumstances I was advised that aunt Betty wasn’t sure and that I should continue calling back until my voucher expires in January. And if they still don’t have a solution by then, I will lose my flight credit. Staff were very rude on the phone, and I do understand that staff numbers are low, but to be attempting to find a solution for 8 months, this is just horrible service.

rhodes24

rhodes24MELBOURNE

Never book via Aunt Betty again

Vanessa

VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waiting for my refund after 6 months of logging it

I booked my flights in January 2020 to travel in June.
Of course with Covid, the flights were cancelled, so I logged i refund in May, they said it was taking them up to 12 weeks to refund the money to costumers, I have called several times, they said they are waiting for the airline.
I am still waiting, Its been 6 months since i apply for the refund. I need my money back now!

Simone

SimoneWestern Australia

All sorted in a timely manner

Like many others, I had to ask a refund for my family trip to Italy. It took a while? Yes, but they have never said it would be quick. Did they respond to my requests? Yes, all the times. Did they send email in regards to the present stage of refund steps? Yes. Did the ever hang up on me or were ever rude? No. It was very confusing at the very beginning, but eventually they did what I asked them to do.

Stef

Stef

Would NEVER use them again

Emma W.

Emma W.Sydney, NSW

Why haven't you refunded your customers? You are legally obliged!

I requested a refund at the beginning of April 2020 for flights to the value of $2,300. I have followed up at least 10 times and been given varying advice. Sometimes I have been told I will not be getting a refund, sometimes I'm told it's being processed now, and other times I'm told the airline has not released the funds yet. This service is absolutely abhorrent in a year when individuals have has such sever e financial impacts. It is our right to receive a refund according to the ACCC. If anyone knows how we can hold Aunt Betty accountable, please get in touch.

vlad s.

vlad s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service. They think its OK to just hang up on people

Just spoke to [name removed] (if that was her real name) from Aunt Betty. Very very rude and just hung up on me. Worst customer service ever experienced. This was probably my 10th time following up my refund which was for tickets purchased in Feb 2020 and apparently refund was approved in June 2020. 5 months later and no refund and no approximate time frame. Terrible company.

Jessie T.

Jessie T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Covid 19 refund

I booked my flight back in January and applied for a refund in June. Aunt Betty provided email updates regularly to keep me informed in regards to the delay as they were awaiting refunds from the airline. I received a refund today for the full amount. I am so pleased with the communication throughout such a crazy period and despite the delay, grateful for the fact I was lucky enough to receive a refund. Please be patient with them as the process was very easy, and the delay can only be expected at this time. Will definitely book via this service again.

Kon-ming

Kon-mingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Refund not processed after flights cancellation

Paid for our flights in early February 2020. Flights were cancelled in June 2020. Still waiting for refund. Repeated requests for status of refund were ignored. What is going on?

Precilla

PrecillaSydney, NSW

Requested refund in Jun20, still not received

I requested a refund on 11 June 2020 due to cancelled flight and covid restrictions. Aunt Betty claims to have requested a refund with Qantas on 1 July 2020. I have called back multiple times to follow up on the refund, and today they have advised that since Qantas are receiving a high volume of refunds, Aunt Betty estimates that I will only receive a refund within 6 months. I called the Qantas, and was advised that refunds may take over 12 weeks. Aunt Betty's estimation is double of Qantas'.