Aunt Betty

• Trip Completed Yes (61) · No (318)
  • Ease of Booking

Bailey P.

Bailey P.South East Queensland, QLD

Airline changed my flight by 23 hours, I will miss my meeting

So Malaysia airlines changed my flight from 28th feb to 29th feb,( any flight changes over 60 mins are legally an automatic refund ) I will miss my meeting!
I called Malaysia airlines direct, they informed me that a full refund will be issued, but i need to contact Aunt Betty, I did this and they want to take 72 hours to confirm this!!! I fly in 6 days and Aunt Betty have an Alternative flight with Singapore airline on their site! why can't I just pay the difference and get that flight? and still make my meeting in Ho Chi Minh on 28th? Why can't Aunt Betty wait for the refund?

I can't wait 12 weeks for my Refund!!
I will be getting legal advise on this matter!

Hello Bailey
Thank you for your review. I have sent you a private message in order to assist you further.

Ashie

AshieSydney, NSW

Bad customer service

So disappointed with the customer service, sent them email since last week, but don't really get the response, call the customer service few times but no one pick-up. I just want to change my flight date due to the corona virus. And today 3 days before my flight i just got the reply which is i need to pay 1100 aud if i want to change the flight. Seriously? Even my two ways ticket is cheaper than that!

Hello Ashie
Thank you for your review. I have sent you a private message to see if I can investigate your booking further.

jeet s.

jeet s.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

China southern airline cancellation

I requested to cancel my flight as there was unsafe to travel through china. Its been 20 days i didnt got my refund. I have called aunt betty so many times, i have been told everytime that its under process. I am so disappointed with their services. Going to Complain in consumer today so it wont happen with anyone

Amanda R.

Amanda R.South East Queensland, QLD

Impossible to contact to change flights. $700 out of pocket due to their booking mistakes

Emailed to change flight, no response after a week. Then phoned & they booked me at 18.35pm instead of “6.35”am. So had to book another flight. $700 out of pocket. Got email response 3 wks after original email with minimal cost change to existing flight, but all too late. Nightmare.

Hello Amanda
Thank you for your review we have sent you a private message to assist you further.

Mark

Don't ever wait for Manila to answer the phone

Waited 20 minutes of robot messaging to be put on to someone in Manila when the robot made more sense. Dreadful customer service. No point in talking to someone who has less to contribute than a recorded message

Mark

The person did not assist me any more than your website. Very disappointed

Joseph joseph

Joseph josephSydney, NSW

Canceling the booking

Spoke to Keith, who was very helpful, unfortunately couldn’t cancel the booking, the refund was only the airport tax, but that wasn’t the travel agency company’s fault, I will use this company again.

Customer E.Aunt Betty

Still waiting to find out the status of my refund.

Hello
I have sent you a private message so I can investigate your query further.

jeff kornhauser

jeff kornhauserSouth East Queensland, QLD

Another whiney complainer with a 1st world problem

Thanks betty we had a smooth experience with no worries. To others who complain about wanting to change bookings at short notice - well if you go with a budget travel biz and don't read the fine print stop ya whining - there will be charges.
Take a mask, go on your "entitled cut-price adventure" and stop blaming everyone for your 1st world problems.

Booking Type Accommodation and Flights
Sanam M.

Sanam M.Sydney, NSW

Cant change the booking date and they charge you more than ticket price

Waste of money... never again !! Booking cant be postponed we tried to change the booking date to Bali due to corona Virus. I better prefer go with other agents never again ! Seriously

Xiao L.

Xiao L.Victoria Daly, NT

Customer service Lala is very good!

I booked one way tickets first and then change to round one. Nearly the same price shows online, there is very little changing fee, and I am very appreciated. Lala is very good , she is patient, and helpful, and solved problems quick!

Jeanette

JeanetteMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very frustrated and disappointed

We have happily used Aunt Betty before but feel like management have now changed and we are very disappointed. We have bought flights with qantas to HongKong but with our drs advice as we are elderly we have been told to defer our trip until later in the year. We have had so much trouble getting any help from Aunt Betty and just don’t know what to do. We are now trying to get some advice from th ACCC.

Cecilia

CeciliaSydney, NSW

Deeply regret booking through them (and not direct through Qantas)

Ger

Ger

Where is my refund?

My Cathay Pacific flight got cancelled due to coronavirus. After weeks of numerous phone calls and emails to Aunt Betty, no refunds yet. Was promised in Feb 5 that I will have the refund in 2-7 days but 2 weeks later, nothing.

Fran

FranAU

Marvin was so professional and helpful when I rang to discuss our China Southern flights to China and how to cancel our tickets due to Coronavirus. Thank you to Marvin

yy l.

yy l.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My flight got cancelled due to coronavirus, but Aunt Betty did not reply to my email for more than 11days.

Natasha N.

Natasha N.Perth, WA

Excellent assistance and help. I can't thank you enough for helping me Re-book my ticket

Excellent service amazing service. I highly recommend Aunty Betty and will use them in the future. They were fast friendly and super quick service. I can't speak more highly about Aunty Betty.

Shocking service

Absolute joke of a company, asked for a full refund on my returning flight from China due to the coronavirus outbreak, didn't give me a specific amount which I would be refunded for almost 3 weeks. Was forced to go to the insurance company to claim and had assumed I would be refunded 50% of the total flight costs. Turns out I didn't and now 3 weeks later I finally get my. money back and I only received 30% of the flight costs in my account. Poor communication, poor updates and lost me a ton of money. Absolute joke.

Customer Care E.Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty is terrible service.

Their website contact us process is terrible I emailed them and did not get a response to cancel my flight.

To vchnage my flight they wanted to charge me 400$ just in processing fees very unethical business

Very rude customer service

Customer Care E.Aunt Betty

No you don’t your business is unethical and you overcharge fees

Traveler

TravelerSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

We booked flights to Bali and needed to change one of the passengers flights to the next day. We spent an hour on the phone with Aunty Betty only to be told we needed to speak to the airline directly. Once contacting the airline was told that as it was booked through an agent I was not able to make any amendments. I then sent numerous emails and days later was finally contacted by Aunty Betty who again refused to help and wanted to continue telling me I had to contact the airline directly. The whole process took so long that the price to change the date on the ticket had increased by over $100. Just ridiculous, I will never book with Aunty Betty again and will recommend that others don’t use this company.

oliviaSydney, NSW

Dont book through them

We booked ticket to ticket to Bali long before breakout of coronavirus. We are travelling from Australia but holding Chinese passport. Indonesia removed visa free travel who hold Chinese passport.when we reach out to Aunt Betty. All we got is a standard email saying they can't cancel. We can't even get in bali based on their country policy.Malindo air claim that the cancel request must come from Aunt Betty and Aunt Betty claim that it is airline's call.

Jinaasked

We booked return tickets from Melbourne to Seoul going through Hong Kong. We have a 1.5 year old baby and do not think it would be safe to travel due to coronavirus spread in South Korea. What kind of refund policy do you have for situations like this.

Hello Jina
I am more than happy to look at your booking and advise the airline policy. Please provide your ABY reference or email address.

geoff.mcinnis@gmail.com
Thank you for your prompt response :)

Hello Jina
Thank you for your information, I have investigated your booking and unfortunately Cathay Pacific do not have a policy in place for passengers travelling to Korea. Any changes or cancellations would incur normal policy fees.
To cancel you would incur a fee of $800.00 per person. To change would be a minimum of $340.00 plus any airfare difference per person.
I hope this helps.

Luca

Lucaasked

I bought tickets in November last year for Europe, received booking itinerary & e-tickets numbers however when I tried to log directly on the airline company's website found out that booking reference or tickets numbers are invalid-can anyone please advise what's going on?? I'm freaking out given that I had an unpleasant experience last year with a travel agency that went broke-thanks

Hello Luca
Thank you for your review. There are a couple of airlines that only permit "manage booking" if you have booked on their website. I have sent you a private message so I can look at your booking to advise further.

dee123

dee123asked

Hi, I'm in the process of booking return ticket for a Cathay Pacific flight from Melbourne to Manchester.
The departure times listed on your website are 1 hour earlier than the times listed for the same flight numbers on every other site including Cathay Pacific. I'm reluctant to complete my booking until these times can be confirmed as correct by Aunt Betty. Can you help please?

Hello Dee
Thank you for your review. I have sent you a private message to assist you further. Kind Rgds Aunt Betty

Get an answer from our members and Aunt Betty representatives