Aunt Betty

Very disappointing.

Contacted Aunt Betty numerous times now regarding a changed Garuda flight schedule which put us on a flight to Pandang from Jakarta that leaves 40 mins prior to our connecting flight from Denpasar. It’s poor from Garuda for canceling our original connecting flight to give us a miss connect. Hopeless. Garuda refuses to deal with us direct saying we need to go through Aunt Betty who we booked through, however Aunt Betty are pathetic at returning emails and calls as they promise. Never book through this company.

Booking Type Flights

Probably the best travel agency

I've no clue why they've been rated so badly, my personal experience was so amazing firstly they offered me the cheapest fare compared to all other Aussie travel agencies, secondly I had no issues with my booking at all, once the payment was done I received a tax invoice within seconds and followed by a confirmed airline ticket within five minutes, I think most of the people put wrong names or incorrect dates so they face issues but if you put the right info everything's cool. Keep up the good work by offering cheap fares. Cheers

Fraudulent Company: SCAM!!

I booked a ticket with Aunty Betty to Sri Lanka, however due to the attacks we have decided to change our travel destination. Aunty Betty will not let me reroute my flight to another country, only another city within the same country. No where in the travel terms and conditions does it specify that changes are only allowed to different cities!! Its an absolute scam!!

I strongly advise no one books with Aunt Betty

Terrible service, they offer no support if something goes wrong and you are at the mercy of their ridiculous fees just to get any sort of resolution. I am now just going to have to book with a different provider and lose all of the money spent with this terrible company. I wish I'd checked the reviews before booking and never gave them any money in the first place!

Booking Type Flights

Misleading company!!! Save your money and stay away!!!

SCAM!!!! MISLEADING!!!!
I purchased flights showing availability on the website of aunt betty. I trusted this site as it was an Australian listed company with an abn. However once i finalised my purchase i received a copy of the invoice confirming my booking and the payment being taken out. However 3 hours latter i received an email saying that a representative from aunt betty attempted to contact me via telephone regarding to my booking. I called both numbers listed on the email and also on the website. It went through to a person overseas who could not understand me. They were from another company and they couldn't assist me. I then dialled another number and spoke to a representative named [name removed] he said they were unable to obtain seats for the particular flight at the price which is advertised any longer and they will need to refund me my money. HOWEVER this will take 5 business days. I was so gutted and they did nothing to help!!!! Customer service zero!!!
I am anticipating on travelling within the next few weeks, and all my money was taken out. I now cannot purchase any flights and in the meantime the fares will continue going up in price. I logged online 2 hours after i received the email and i can see they have the same tickets available. I don't understand how they can advertise prices that are clearly not available and take money out of consumers. They should compensate accordingly, being that i will now have to wait a week for the funds to come through to make another booking with double the price. It's misleading!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Zena, We have sent you a private message to obtain some more information so we can investigate, Regards, Aunt Betty.My money came through within the 5 business days. However consumers beware your flights will not be guaranteed and you will not have proper customer service once you have an enquiry.Hi Zena, We are glad your received your refund in less time than was advised. Airfares are a very volatile commodity, and the airlines change their pricing constantly. This is known as yield management and is used in hotel and car hire bookings as well, but is much more dynamic in airfares. An airfare may very well be available when a customer initially searches, but sometimes, the fare is no longer available when the customer goes to complete the booking. If we were a scam company, we would not have refunded your money in a timely manner. This is simply a characteristic of purchasing any item via an online booking site. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Deserves No Star

Booked a long haul flight within 92 hours SYD-LAX.
After processing payment I'm taken to a ERROR page. With all links not working.
After going back and refreshing my account, it shows my booking is "in progress" yet no itinerary is given nor have they asked for my email. I've tried call for an hour (3 times put on hold then hung up on).
I had to call FLIGHT CENTRE (as it's the same brand) and they are unable to assist because it has to be with Aunt Betty and they too were trying to reach Aunt Betty for me.

The most awful experience save yourself from madness & don't book here.

Booking Type Flights
Hi, We are sorry you have not been able to complete your booking. We have sent you a private message to obtain some information so we can investigate the booking attempt. Regards, Aunt Betty.I called at 9:15am, 9:21am, 9:51am, 10:25am, and 10:50am. Each time I was on hold for 5-10minutes then hung up on. I had also called Flight Centre helpline 133 133 at 9:28am. They too tried to connect to Aunt Betty on my behalf and was told they too were hung up on. The only help I was offered was to "send a compliant via the Aunt Betty website" and to "keep a record of calls you made... just in case." Then I called BYOjet who helped me finally helped me out, and I ended up having to booking again. Which is fine, but the whole morning of trying figure out my booking for my flight in 2 days, and being put on hold continuously then hung up on at the end of the hold was extremely frustrating.

They charged me twice for a ticket

I bought the flight from Townsville to Tehran, I got unexpected medical condition that I needed to change the origin from Townsville to Brisbane, I requested to change the origin, Aunt Betty asked me extra $1466, while the ticket from Brisbane to Tehran in same time was $1100!!
There was no unused policy, I bought the flight from Brisbane to Sydney to get the Qatar Airways’ international flight. When I wanna check in, they said you need to talk your agent, while the agent said clearly that you can use your ticket Qatar Airways asked for cancellation and reissuing the ticket.

Aunt Betty reissue the ticket and charged me$1988. They claimed that they are under Australia customer law, however they are not taking the responsibility for customer loss.

I will escalate the case into the Australia Fair trading.
I wish I could rated them zero.

Trip Completed Yes
Booking Type Flights
Hi Nadia, We have sent you a private message to obtain more information so we can investigate, Regards, Aunt Betty.Thanks telling me that you will investigate but I had long conversation with your team, they just said: I respect your thoughts and how you feel about this but we do not find that we should be held responsible for what happened. I hope you understand. That is, the information provided by your website is misleading the people. You are asking people to accept any fee that you want to deduct as suppler fee. You shall say, your tickets are non refundable and do not play with people. I didn’t use the domestic ticket while there is no penalty for unused ticket in your term and condition. Aunt Betty asked me over $1400 to change the origin from Townsville to Brisbane in January 2019. In the same day the Brisbane to Tehran ticket price by Emirates Airline was just $1100. How Aunt Betty can claim they are following the Australia Customer Law. The ticket from Sydney to Tehran cost me 1988.20+1480$. For the seat that I have already bought in November 2018. No change in international flight just cost me extra $1988.2Hi Nadia, We cannot help you any further if you do not advise your details as requested by the private message. If you advise your details we may be able to assist. Our terms and conditions, which you must read and accept prior to being able to make final payment are very clear and advise all potential penalties for changes or cancellations. Your travel insurance may be able to assist with any out of pocket expenses you may have incurred with this trip. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Bad experience, wrong dates, extra charge, no support, mail mistakes.

The experience was just awful. Endup paying twice so much money to travel with scoot, and they do not provide any support even if they have done mistakes. Just avoid these agents and book your tickets online from the Airlines you are interested.

Trip Completed No
Hi, We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking reference to investigate the issue. This is an online booking tool - we do not manually intervene in the booking flow, so if wrong dates have been booked, then unfortunately that is a customer error. There are several points in the booking flow where the customer is required to confirm that booking details, like names, dates etc, are correct, before final payment can be made. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Want to lose your money and be neglected pick us.

We were notified of a change in schedule that would affect our connecting flight and thus miss it. We responded within 24 hours with our response to change to the suggested booking amendment. This has now been ignored for numerous weeks with us being sent the same message of 3 days we will let you know. Now we are down $2000.00 and have to find an alternative unless they miraculously talk to us. I'm very hurt as this was going to be our honeymoon and my first international trip.

Booking Type Flights
Hi William, We have replied to your Trust Pilot review, requesting more information so we can investigate further. Regards, Aunt Betty.

No communication on flight cancellation

Booked china Southern flight from Adelaide to Delhi, flight got cancelled, however no proper communication was sent, end moment while confirming my meal preference request, got to know there is no flight on that day, no communication on any next available flight also, when I push them to arrange alternative options, After spending two hours on call, Customer support simply hangup my call two three times.

Trip Completed Yes
Booking Type Flights
Hi Rohit, We have sent you a private message to obtain more information so we can investigate, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Fast response

I hadn't received my itinerary, within 10 minutes of asking I received a response from Haizel and my itinerary and airline reservation, excellent service by Haizel and this was on a Sunday.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Horst, Thanks for your booking and your comments. We have passed them on to Haizel. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Worked well for me

I checked my flights through Skyscanner, Aunt Betty price $2260 against Airline $2500. I then checked directly on Betty website for same flights, almost the same as Airline's price! I thought ah this must be the usual trick that I go thru Skyscanner to Betty for $2260 it would end up with an Oops something went wrong price no longer available.

Turned out it went thru smoothly. Even better, I have bought with other OTAs before, usually they send an immediate email giving their own Booking code then 1-3 days later another email giving Airline's Booking code/confirmation/e-tickets. With Betty I got all these five minutes after making the purchase. I already accessed the airline's Manage booking with this info to request Seat allocation directly.

In case someone suspects I'm a shill for Betty this is my CC charge

Ease of Booking
Hi TP, Thanks for your booking and great review. We hope you have a wonderful holiday, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Hazel was amazing!

I was trying to cancel tickets, but unbeknownst to me there was another option to be considered, which Aunt Betty made me aware of - to get airlines credit. The girl on the other end of the line was amazing.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Branka, Thank you for your kind review. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Easy for destination travel

We've not booked international airfares online before, using this site was very easy, excellent value and good viewing
we received confirmation from the airline almost immediately. We will use this site again.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Gabstar, Thanks for your booking and also your review. We hope you have a great holiday, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Absolutely Terrible, zero customer service.

Sent 2 emails to Change a booking which is a service that is offered no response, i did recieve a automated reply saying someone was going to get in contact with me within 3 days. 2 weeks later still nothing. So if you intend on losing a flight this is the perfect service for you

Booking Type Flights
Hi Stephan, We have sent you a private nessage to obtain your booking details so we can investigate. Regards, Aunt Betty.Hi Stephen, You had 2 separate bookings, Sydney / Perth return. Your initial enquiry related to a flight change to one of the bookings which was not possible because of the fare rules, which you understood. We can see that you then emailed us regarding another date change but the reference you gave us was for a flight that had already been flown on, not the flight that we now presume you were wanting to change. Our agent should have replied to you asking if you had advised the correct information as what you had provided was a past booking number. They thought the matter had been dealt with, but they should have checked with you. Regards, Aunt Betty.Customer Care, I have gone through my recycle and found the relevant info, the booking in question was for syd-per, Ref# S7IWAY, i sent an email away 2 full days prior, i understand this was pushing and that you ask for 1-3 business days for a response but the fact of the matter is i got nothing, i have booked through many booking agencies and this has never been an issue. As most agencies will respond within 1 business day, the second email was displaying my dissatisfaction with the level of response i was given, again no response. Regards, Stephen

Competitive Low Fares through a trusted booking site

Fantastic competitive low fares, through a trusted booking site. I will use Aunty Betty only going forward! Easy to use, quick confirmation, help service team available. Downfall: Credit card fees.

Booking Type Flights
Hi JVD, Thanks for your review and your booking. Your comments are noted as we are always looking at ways to improve the customer experience, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Fantastic

Excellant value , booked through Ivy-Eve websight,,best value there as I'd checked othr sights to, also the book in process was efficient,friendly and informative,Eva was very helpful and the 2 bedroom apartment was a good size.

Booking Type Accomodation
Hi David, Thank you for your booking and great review. We hope you and your family enjoy your holiday, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Easy to use booking site

Easy to use booking site
Quick confirmation from site and airline.
Have used a couple of times and everything has run to plan
Some great business class airfares
More than happy to recommend

Booking Type Flights
Hi Carl, Thanks for your review and your booking. We are sure you will enjoy your business class flight, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Competitive and Uncomplicated

Booked airfare and a hotel stay in Melbourne for 3 nights.

Prices were competitive, site was easy to navigate.

Exceeded expectations and I didn't encounter hidden fees when booking.

The only issue I encountered was adding another person onto the airfare and the hotel. I was unable to adjust the bookings afterwards.

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights
Hi Mel, Thanks for your booking and review. We are always on the lookout to improve the customer experience and your comments are noted, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Airfares to Bali

Book to go to Bali. No problems. Great service. Very competitive pricing. Had no problems with booking and very easy. Everything was explained. Got tickets with in a couple hours. Great company

Booking Type Flights
Hi Steven, Thank you for your review and your booking. Have fun in Bali !! We highly recommend the bike tour from Ubud down through the villages and rice paddies - really beautiful. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Can you change the date of a flight booked with Aunt Betty? If so what are the fees?
You are able to change most flights. There are airline and Aunt Betty fees to make the change and possibly a fare difference as well. Please go to the webiste and complete the webform and advise what you would like to change to and our customer care team will advise the cost.

DO NOT TRUST AUNT BETTY OR BYOJET! They show lower prices to attract consumers to pay however at the time of booking nothing is guaranteed so then you take the money out immediately instead of checking availability first. The issue here is that your customer service centers especially after hours is an absolute joke! Refunding the money within 5 days means consumers are at risk of flight increases whilst they wait for your company to return the funds. STAY AWAY!

I booked a flight on Monday from Sydney to Manchester in October, and the payment is still pending and I haven’t had any confirmation. The email is gregjwebb78@gmail.com. Thanks, Greg.
Hi Greg, Please let us check for you, we will advise shortly. Regards, Aunt Betty.Hi Greg, We have re-sent your itinerary. Please contact us if you have not received it. We can see that payment for your fare and for seat selection has been processed. We hope you have an enjoyable trip to the UK. You can book competitively priced hotels via our website as well. Regards, Aunt Betty.Hi, I can see that the payments have gone through, but I still haven’t received any confirmation or any itinerary. If you could send it to my email address that would be great thanks. Greg

Similar listings