Aunt Betty

Aunt betty scam

After spending 2 hrs looking for a great fare, i was redirected( via Skyscanner) to aunt betty. After filling in all my personal details, (including credit card) i proceed to
Press the "pay" button....suddenly a message appears.."fare not longer available"...
Why didnt you tell me this before?
Tried to call the 24 hrs support where no one answer the phone...
Wait for it....when i get back to your DEAL (still being advertised) it tells me that something went wrong...i tell you whats wrong: you are scam artists!

Worst experience

Aunt Betty is scam people.

2 days back i have booked a flight and they booked me in a different scheduled flight which they have available.

When I contact them they said this mistake made by me and there is no such flight what I have booked and I was like I have booked from your website, I have sent them a screen shot but without considering anything they blamed me for the messed up.

I had to cancel the flight and ripped off $86 and Aunt betry made $86 for nothing.

Then I have booked the same flight with same schedule from emirates website.

Never ever gonna book from aunt Betty.

Booking Type Flights

Hassle free unless you need their service!

I have used them a couple of times, the first time was hassle free. I didn't even have to call them, the tickets were sent in 24 hours as promised and I could look it up on my airline and travel smoothly.
My second experience has been rather annoying, I had a schedule change from the airline with a 30 minute layover hence I wanted a change in flight. After a long wait at the customer care, they said the schedule team would contact me in 3 days, I didn't hear from them for over a week. I called them up again and they would say, the schedule team is busy with other customers. After a long wait on the call, I get to know that I have to just wait for them to call me back and that is when they get time to work on my flight schedule! Now that's customer service :-D ! Wouldn't go with them henceforth!

Booking Type Flights
Hi, Thanks for your booking and review. Schedule changes by the airlines are always frustrating for the customer and are time consuming to rectify. We are in the process of introducing an automated system to assist. Regards, Aunt Betty.I wouldn't blame the airlines for anything at all here. They communicated well in advance so passengers can accommodate the change. Aunt betty is sure frustrating! Of course you need to invest a little time, I thought that was your job after all! I would appreciate if you could at least give a time frame to getting it done instead of saying "Whenever the schedule team gets time they would do it" Sounds irresponsible to me!Hello I am happy to investigate further, I have sent you a private message. Kind Regards Aunt Betty

Good service and highly recommend. Just try them

Never tried Aunt Betty until today 13/09/2019. Good service in response and professionalism. I really hope they grow to over take Flight Centre!

Keep up the good work guys. Sky is the limit

Booking Type Flights
Hello Mike Thank you so so much for your fantastic review. We aim to give you a great price and book with ease. Have a smooth trip and we hope to see you book with us again in the future. Kind Rgds Aunt Betty

I was charged without my authorization . 24/7 customer number does not work

I attempted to buy an air ticket but I was charged twice within ten minutes. The first transition was not authorized by me because I was charged by Aunt Betty before I put the online transition code in. I immediately phoned Aunt Betty 24/7 customer number multiple times but nobody answered and it was always disconnected within one minute. I have lodged a dispute via my bank.

Hi Terrie, We have sent you a private message to obtain more details. Have you checked your emails for confirmation of the booking. We have just checked the Customer Care lines and they are answering with the minute. You select the option required. We can't do an unauthorised charge to your card - the payment will only charge a card once the customer have read the terms and conditions, and accepted that the booking details are correct. Regards, Aunt Betty.I finally spoke to someone through your 24/7 customer care line after making multiple attempts for two hours. The person agreed to cancel one of my bookings and refund me within 7-10 days. The person also agreed to email me with the refund arrangement within 10 minutes. However i have not received any email from him after two hours waiting. I am going to make it clear and i have evidence to prove that one of the payments was unauthorised. I have lodged a dispute through the bank and i will take it further if the problem is not resolved ASAP

Absolute Fraud

The staggering cost of making changes etc is pure robbery.

Will NEVER use these people again. Would warn others of the same. Simply better paying a higher price somewhere else where you get a reasonable product.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Russ, Thank you for your booking and your review. We agree it can be expensive to make changes to your plans. The bulk of the cost is usually airline fare differences which is the same no matter where you book, even if booked direct with the airlines. If the circumstances for the change are outside the customers control, travel insurance may be a option to recoup the costs. Regards, Aunt Betty.What utter rubbish. As a platinum qantas, gold KrisFlyer, etc I travel enough to understand fare differences. Your company is profiteering, plain and simple. Anyway, keep feeding consumers this to make yourselves feel better. I for one will never use this crooked company ever again.So to be specific... 650 dollars to change two flights which only cost 700 in the first place. Same fare type too I believe, just a different time. What an absolute disgrace. So go and stick your head in the sand Aunt Betty, I’m sure consumers will eventually work your little scam out (and judging by many of the other reviews here, I think many already have).

Perfect customer service

Recently booked 2 flights and had nothing but prompt and credible responses from this company, have never booked previously with them but would highly recommend,always doubted booking over the internet and had no dramas whatsoever.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Frank, Thanks for your bookings and review. We hope you have a great trip. Care and attention to detail is the key to making successful online transactions. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, Aunt Betty.

Scammed me $550 au. Theft. Should go to jail

Would not give me a refund for a booking that is 2 months away still. Said because of policies and blah blah blah. What about being human you pieces of crap.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Luke, Thank you for your booking. You are half way through your travel. We understand that peoples travel plans can change however we are bound to work with the airline fare rules. Airlines have quite complicated methods for determining refunds on partially used tickets and it is based on charging full published one way fares on the used sectors and deducting that amount from the total the customer paid. "Published" fare levels are different to the discounted fares that agencies like Aunt Betty sell. For that reason, most partially used airfares have little or no residual value. If the circumstances necessitating the change of your travel plans are outside your control, you may be able to claim the cost via your travel insurance. Regards, Aunt Betty.

Company almost doesn't exist

Received no itinerary or formal confirmation. Website says 24/7 assistance but phone numbers lead to a menu, then just beeps and finally an auto disconnect. Flight Centre owned?? I'm skeptical

Booking Type Flights
Hi Peter, Yes Aunt Betty is a part of the Flight Centre Travel Group and therefore your money and booking are safe. Our Customer Care team are open 24/7 and the on hold time is about 1 minute. We check the numbers each day and they appear to be working correctly. We also have webform enquiries via the website. You should have received your booking confirmation within a few minutes of making payment. Your E Ticket may take up to 7 days to issue. We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking reference so we can investigate, Regards, Aunt Betty.Called on both your numbers...Several minutes waiting then Auto Disconnect. Also sent a webform....No response.....never received my E-Ticket. Everthing you've stated about the service you provide is the opposite of my experience.Hi Peter, We are sending you a private message to obtain your booking number, and to check your email and the numbers you are trying to call. We have just checked them and they are operating fine. Regards, Aunt Betty.

They are froud don’t waste money

Hi we bought tickets from these guys and pay full amount and week later said your flight has been cancel or for same flight pay 1000 more so please don’t buy tickets they are froud company thx

Booking Type Flights
Hi Tejpal, We have sent you a private message to obtain more information so we can investigate, Regards, Aunt Betty.Hi Tejpal, Thank you for advising the booking reference so we could investigate. The booking was made on the 2nd September. The booking rejected to a suspected name error, and a Customer Care team member tried to call the customer (who is not you) 3 times and sent an sms requesting urgent contact. We were contacted on the 9th September. The name as input into the booking flow is incorrect and had we issued the ticket, the traveller would need to do a name correction to avoid being denied boarding at checkin. The airline involved, China Southern, requires that a new ticket be purchased at the current fare, and a refund on the old ticket be processed, and it applies its normal cancellation fees to the incorrect ticket. This would have been a very expensive process for the customer. Options have been offered to the customer, and as these were not satisfactory, and immediate refund was processed. The customer is required to confirm that all booking details are correct, and that the customer has read and accepted the terms and conditions, prior to being able to make payment. Regards, Aunt Betty.Hi you have email I’d to contact with coustmer details if any problem in contact on phone details are all correct now he book from another agent on same details so now trouble in booking thx

Worried

Hey there I’m not one to ever worry to much but after reading the reviews after making my bookings for my air fairs and I’ve revived my e ticket and etc for my flights and tax invoice and in my heart I wanna hope everything will check out and I won’t have to pay any hefty extras as me and my young family are making the move to live in Aussie and we do not have the greatest financial background so we have had to pour what we have to book these tickets so we can better our lives in Aussie I just wanna hope they these tickets are legit and I’m not going to be held up at the airport or be told to turn around cause the tickets are false

Booking Type Flights
Hi Sean, Aunt Betty is an online division of the Flight Centre Travel Group, a publicly listed company based in Australia. Your tickets and money is safe. There are many online travel sites and you are correct to be cautious as many do not disclose their financial background - but with us, our financial position is disclosed publicly at least twice a year. Thank you for your booking, Regards, Aunt Betty.

Felt ripped off

Hidden seat selection cost fee was not disclosed before I paid for our tickets. So I did pay to get the seats I wanted. However I was shocked when I realised that Aunty Betty had not passed payment for seats to the airlines concerned. I had to make late night phone calls to sort this out. Did not get the seats I had selected and paid for. Had to settle for seats further back in the plane. There was no proper apology. I am still waiting to be reimbursed. Very disappointing indeed!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Lai, Thank you for your booking and review. We are sorry you have had this issue with seating. We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking details so we can investigate. Regards, Aunt Betty.

No hassle

The price was cheaper compared to other websites. I didn't receive my e-ticket after 7 days from payment and emailed Aunt Betty with my booking confirmation number. The response from Aunt Betty was quick and I received my e-ticket. Will definitely use it again.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Jessica, Thank you for your booking and kind review. We are glad our Customer Care team were able to help you efficiently. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, Aunt Betty.

Ripped Off By Aunt Betty

I was shafted with a hidden ‘seat selection fee’ which was not disclosed before I paid for the ticket.
I am travelling with my kids, am I supposed to have my 8year old sit next to a stranger? I can get seat selection at the for free at the airline website. The extra charges for seats were not disclosed until after i paid for the ticket which is misleading.
You haven’t tested your own product. The issue is that you don’t tell me that there is an extra ‘seat selection’ fee of $500 until after I paid for the non-refundable ticket. That is misleading.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Nicholas, Thank you for your booking. Seat selection is an optional extra and is not compulsory. We offer generic aisle or window seat requests free of charge. You may also be able to do seat selection when online checkin opens. Not all airlines offer this and those that do always charge extra for premium seating such as exit row or up front seats. As you were all booked on the same booking with dates of birth, the airline will assign seating together. We hope you have a great holiday, Regards, Aunt Betty.Your customer service is just as bad as your your misleading website. All seats on the seat map required me to pay an extra $65 per seat. This was not disclosed to me until after I had purchased a non refundable ticket.

Extortionate charges for time change

I appear to have made a mistake when booking my flights return Australia to UK. I requested a time change, checked flight availability on both the airline and Expedia websites, both indicated seats available at the same price. Now Aunt Betty conditions indicate a $260 fee for changes, a fair amount of money but acceptable, when I requested a change their breakdown of costs come to $900!! I requested they review this as I could understand an error being made, but no, if I want to fly at a different time on the same day I need to pay over 70% of my original return purchase price. I wish I had read reviews earlier as it appears errors on bookings and extortionate charges are the routine business practice for Aunt Betty, as they say buyer beware!!!!
As an update, I opted for mediation prior to submitting my review, two days later no response from the Company. I fly tomorrow, therefore my review stands, I shall not be using this company again.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Kitesurfer, Thank you for your booking and we apologise that you review was not responded to in the time frame you were expecting. We understand that date changes can be very expensive. This is because there are reissue fees , but also airline fare differences. These fare differences can be substantial even if the change is only a few days difference, or even a different time on the same day. It would be fantastic if fares remained constant throughout the year, but that is not the nature of the airline industry. Regards, Aunt Betty.Hi, your late reply does not explain your exorbitant fee quote. Please check your facts, it wasn’t a date change, it was a time change, as a comparison I could have purchased a new one way ticket on Expedia for $170 less than you quoted to change the time of my flight. There is no reasonable explanation for this incredibly high charge.

Aunt Betty - what's the point, outrageous charges for changing flight

For a fare of $337 they want to charge $140 on top of the airline change fee of $140 + 35 fee difference. What service are they providing? If I had simply booked through the airline I would not be facing paying almost more than my original fare to change a date. Customer service is not reliable. I called up and was told the officer would call me back. One hour later was still waiting and had to call again.

Booking Type Flights
Hi, Thank you for your booking. We understand and appreciate that date and time changes can be very expensive, especially when the original fare was not that high. Your comments are noted and we are currently working on a project to enable customers to do online changes to their bookings. Regards, Aunt Betty.

absolute terrible customer service!!

online form is accepting names in any language, but flight ticket send through incorrect writing.
out of pocket for the name correction about $700.- AUD
after 2hours phone conversation still blaming the airlines
not accepting that their own system has a programming failure!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Steffen, We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking details, so we cna investigate your issue, Regards, Aunt Betty.

They give you back the money easily

I book for a flight and when I was paying the page say something wrong happend... So I book through another agency and suddenly they charge the flight. I call the scared after see all the reviews and in just 10 minors the cancel my flight and give me my money back. Than so much

Booking Type Flights
Hi Silvio, Thanks for your booking attempt and review. We are sorry you experienced this issue, however we are pleased that our Customer Care team were able to rectify the problem quickly. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, Aunt Betty.

Best online Travel Agent

Excellent service, booked tickets to Kuala Lumpur return, about $209 cheaper than booking directly with Malaysia Airlines. Received my booking itinerary/e-ticket within 20 minutes. Immediately checked my airline reference number on the Malaysia airlines website, and there it was. Will only use Aunt Betty from now on. Simply the best...Thank you!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Ashley, Thanks for your booking and review. We hope you have a great trip to Malaysia and enjoy the wonderful food and sights. We remind all customers that travel insurance is strongly recommended and can be purchased on our website. Our site also has great hotel deals - check them out !! It is the customers responsibly to check that their passports are valid and that they have any visas required for their destination, or transit points. Don't get caught out ! Regards, Aunt Betty.

cant reserve seats and find bookings on airline site

Reserving seats is virtually impossible . I have tried for hours . I went from sky scanner to AB and it said to go directly to AB and then the quoted price was more. The booking no I have been given is not recognised by the airline. Are the flights booked? No one answers my messages at AB

September 6th 2019 Update: Avoid them like the plague

So may problems cant even list them . I wish i had read this page before i booked. Here is just a sample
You can never get through to them on the phone with a problem
Their website is inefficient and told me ere was a problem with my payment and when i went back and redid it later they charged me twice a duplicate booking. Over $200O. They are charging me $1183 cancellation costs and because the company is based in the Philippines nothing you can do about it but the parent company is flight centre so note to self never deal with flight centre again .
There were actually more problems but I think you get the idea . You need your head read if you deal with these people .
I see they reply to every comment to try and cover their tracks but don’t believe any thing they write all part of the scam.
I have no reason to write this but to try and warn and prevent others from making my mistake

Booking Type Flights
Hi Annie, We have sent you a private message to obtain more information, so we can check your booking. Your airline reference is different to the Aunt Betty reference, and is to be found on your E Ticket. Not all airlines allow pre-seating, but we can request generic seating (eg aisle or window). Regards, Aunt Betty.