The best customer service I've ever encountered

The staff are brilliant to talk to, and only have you, the customer as their focus. Some VoIP drop outs in first days but rock solid since. Only drama that annoys the heck out of me & my wife is how the VoIP resets the time on my cordless handsets and answering service to GMT. They say Netcomm & their wireless router is at fault and asked me to lodge a fault with Netcomm. Surely Aussie BB can take them to task and get this problem FIXED!

Aussie Broadband go elsewhere

Today I come home early costing myself half a days pay excited to get on NBN … The NBN person comes to connect as arranged … they say cant connect in my office upstairs where I need to existing Telstra cable as signal isn't correct but then can connect to Foxtel connection downstairs at other end of house
I say this is no good I need in my office where its always been. They ring someone and the outcome was very confusing and technical to someone who has no idea what she is talking about . I say to her shouldn't you call Aussie Broadband and sort this out between you? but she says no not her problem and I need a 22 or 23 and Rah Rah which all means nothing to me. Pretty sure the women installing it was not a tradesperson but just basic training to connect a box , if something goes wrong then very limited .
I call Aussie Broadband who tell me basically in a nutshell not there problem if doesn't work in office … I don't get it?? Anyhow I cancelled service but apparently I'm going to charged $15 to return the modem .. Also have called you guys twice both time approx. 20 mins wait … I was gunna come to you guys to get away from this sort of thing which happens with Telstra but seems you guys are no different , actually Telstra better at least they would send out someone to get it working where its meant to … Do u guys pay people to give u good reviews ????because I really don't understand how u get so many good reviews ..terrible experience 0 out 5 go elsewhere people !!! Don't believe the reviews obv fake!!!!!!

Start DateMay 2019
Connection TypeI don't know

Fast Speed, occassional disconnection

Signed up the 50 plan for 2 months now, bought a router with great review so I can get the full speed. Tested the speed and it was 47, so quite happy with it.
However we do have dropouts almost everyday - it reconnected itself after a few minutes/seconds depending on the day.

Not That Happy With Customer Service and Speed of Connection

We're still waiting for Aussie Broadband to reply to an email and a scanned image (sent 2 days ago) of our connection speed - download 17.6 and upload 18.8 at 9.30pm. The speed we get at various times throughout the day is pretty ordinary, not always as poor as this, but it's generally sluggish. Calling them is not always an option as rarely are you connected straight away and are put on hold (not always convenient for those who work) - hence the email. We expected a better connection and better customer service. 2 - 3 stars. Disappointed.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Thor, we understand that calling isn't always an option. Our MyAussie app or portal https://my.aussiebroadband.com.au/#/login puts you in touch with our tech team directly without picking up a phone. This by far beats email as we have a specialised task team that handle all MyAussie faults. We will need to troubleshoot the connection further to resolve the problem. We very much want to help, if you would rather a call back, then simply respond to my message so that I can help to improve your evening speeds. Cheers!Good morning, We are constantly having problems with poor download speeds and buffering. I have included 3 screen shots of speed checks (sent to you already)I did on Sunday night 19th May and the results are pathetic, even under 10 Mpbs, making quite a joke of our 50 Mpbs which we are paying good money for. The worst times seem to be in the evening and the constant large variance of speed is very disconcerting and we feel we are definitely NOT getting value for money at this point. Can you please seriously look into this as we are not happy with the present services lack of consistency.I have it, and recommend deleting your public comment or editing the information out. Cheers.

Happy with the system

No drop outs, had issues with landline but tech support sorted it out, the battery pack in the non box keeps beeping, is it necessary to have a battery in the box

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Excellent speeds and service

Very pleased with installation, support and most of all the speeds! Highly recommend this company if you want good service and quality. Haven’t had a single fault since installation and the bandwidth is constant day and night

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Excellent RSP, don't believe the other low ratings

This is an excellent RSP, and I think the only one publishing CVC graphs on their website to prove their networks are not suffering congestion.

Great network and great Aussie based support (again, which RSP still has all Aussie support staff?; Answer: not many)

99% of the low reviews are actually complaining about the derelict NBN infrastructure, which unfortunately Australia has consistently voted for at the last three federal elections, including 2019! (ie. it's not Aussie Broadband's fault but purely a political issue).

I for one have personally experienced the problems with my FTTN connection which are solely attributed to NBN and not whichever RSP I'm signed up with (there is little they can do to force NBN to fix anything anyway).

The bar has been set so low by the government post-2012 that NBN really doesn't have any requirements to provide a service standard anymore. The current NBN is the cheapo version that Australia voted for.

Start DateAugust 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks so much for your insight and review, Svgtr. We really appreciate your feedback. I think we've all been there with FTTN and most of our leadership team is on Fixed Wireless, including Phil, our Director. We understand, and our trying our best to push for change for our customers. Anyway, if you see anything that we can do to improve, or if your connection experiences any issues, please contact our team and we will advocate on your behalf to the nbn as best we can. Cheers.

Support is great but they did something that determined my bad review

I have been unable to connect to 60% of my games due to NAT restriction issues. Also game console servers etc were not working. I had spend hours trying to open up all relevant ports for each service to no avail. I decided to contact support and this is what they said: "This will be a CG-NAT issue as we have this active on your service as IP's in
your area are running low.
I will remove this for you and then things like game consoles, VPN's and
Servers will work correctly."
Why would an ISP do that to their clients without telling them? And why should It be my job to contact them to fix. I blamed my modem and I went and bought a new one wasting money now that I know it was the ISP restricting my NAT. I pay money for a full service not a restricted one so I found this completely unfair. Thus my one star review.

Start DateFebruary 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Niko, we send out an email that changes are being made that may affect gamers. In the email. this is explained as is the recommendation to call us should you experience connectivity or NAT Strict errors. If you did not receive the email, then I'd advise logging into your account and ensuring your email address is correct. Cheers.

terrible

I have 50 Mbps plan. I am getting constantly dropping down nbn speed everyday, many times I got buffering, getting 4 Mbps.., 7 Mbps speed instead of 50 Mbps.. I called to customer service and a lady asked me to go speed test website which way she will get live speed test result, which I did. Speed test result came 4 Mbps something and she agreed with me. Now she said need to check with cable and laptop...etc and start making excuses. Instead of solving my problem and give me credit as they are charging me for 50 Mbps and I am getting 4 Mbps speed... finally I hang up the phone because the worst customer service... as she got the live result so first of all she has to contact their appropriate team to solve my problem and give me credit as I am not getting 50 Mbps speed..... just making excuses that get cable and computer... Nowadays all mobile and laptop, Ipad through WiFi... who use cable??? just excuses...

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi NK VIC, they were trying to troubleshoot the actual problem and determine if it was a nbn issue, a modem issue, or a WiFi issue so they could fix your speed problems. Each one requires a different kind of fix. We have the exact same goal as you, to deliver the best possible connection that we can, however, you need to finish troubleshooting so they can determine the cause of your slow speeds to fix your slow speeds. Just giving you credit doesn't solve the problem, and I think you'd want both the problem solved and the credit. I recommend calling up and finishing the troubleshooting. Cheers.

Excellent service

Recently connected to NBN with Aussie and the experience has been nothing but easy and positive, great internet, transferred our phone line no problems, great customer service, highly recommend. Thanks Aussie

Start DateMay 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much, Poppy! We really appreciate your review. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

2 months and no NBN. Stay away from AussieBB

I have no idea how they got these 5* reviews, but I also noticed that the number of 1-star reviews is increasing and I am not surprised. At the best, AussiBB is a middleman. Sadly even as a middleman, they have no interest in resolving customer issues, take an action or even provide options. They are like those private schools which only accept brightest of the kids and claim that they get best results. For AussieBB, if you have the simplest of the installation cases, they claim they did it. Happy customers! But if it is not a simple installation, well, you know it is NBN's problem and you, dear customer, are responsible to deal with it.
Here is how it works:
- You contact ABB about NBN. They look at your address and say, "It is NBN ready. You just have to place and order and all will be done".
- You fall for it and place an order. You pay $160 or so for a modem
- You receive a modem and a number of emails with generic steps
- NBN technician comes and says that the property is not ready for connection for a number of reasons.
- 2 months pass by with "you" dealing with NBN.
- You request for a cancellation and the coldest ever AUssieBB customer care rep gives you a return address without looking at options. Oh wait, now that "you" are cancelling the order, YOU pay for return shipping. It's all your fault my friend! Well, yes THEY said it was ready for NBN, but you know they know what they were told. Of course you fell for "it was ready". But, they are JUST the middleman!

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi, we're very sorry that you had such a bad experience getting connected. If a service is not serviceable by nbn, then we do provide shipping labels. However, if you need to complete the internal wiring part or refuse to allow nbn to do the installation where they request, and then decide against having the installation/service then you are responsible for returning the router. However, I will pass your feedback on to the Service Delivery Manager. Cheers.

Great customer service and connection

Our connection has been very reliable. We’ve had notifications that there will be interruptions, even though we’ve not had any. Very happy so far, so easy to sign up and everything arrived when they said it would.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
That's excellent, Lou, we're happy that you've found the process simple and that your connection has been very reliable. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

The best value I have encountered in an ISP, especially their after sales service.

Had some problems with dropouts occasionally in the beginning bit an NBN techie found the problem in a corroded connection, fixed it free of charge and no problems since then.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
That's wonderful that we were able to help get your dropouts resolved! Thanks so much for your feedback, Gerry, we really appreciate it. If you ever see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Look no further for an amazing service

Have not regretted signing up with these guys at all. With the best customer service I have ever with the added bonus of a reliable connection, I am not going anywhere else.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
We love having you onboard too! Thanks so much for the review, Alfred, we're glad you're enjoying both our service and our support. If you see anything that we can do to improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Great service and responsive company

My NBN connection through Aussie Broadband has been performing excellent, both in terms of latency and bandwidth/speed. Broadband also actively communicates any issues, and outages to its customers until resolved.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much John, we're glad you're able to enjoy the internet and that you like our level of communication. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Good Aussie company that cares

I never thought I would every say this. But I like my internet provider. After years of dealing with horrible providers, I have found a great one. AB has excellent customer service, no drop outs, high speeds and delivers what you are paying for. I will happily stay with them forever if the quality remains this good.

Start DateDecember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Fantastic to hear, Curt! We try to do the best we can. If you ever see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

The best thing since sliced bread was invented

99 out of a 100 to Aussie Broadband. It is great speaking to local people without accent problems, very fast reliable internet. very competitve rates compared to other providers. The only reason 99 out of 100 is one small quirky VOIP problem that I can live with.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the service, despite the quirky VoIP issue. Cheers.

The best service I have received since the mid 1990's

Aussiebroadband has been the exemplar of service and quality.

The install and departure from the the sneaky provider of 9 years was seemless. The installer was prompt, accurate and respectful. The service after a years has been consistent and good. I run speed tests regularly and I get 47/19 most times on the 50/20 service.
I have just swapped my mobile to them as The Big Mobile Phone decided I was to swap to a higher service that I did not need but they were to charge 40% more from. The phone port was also seemless.

In the occasional call for support they have been respectful, prompt and accurate. Those people in the Latrobe valley are real nice folks indeed.

Please support a great provider and company.

Start DateFebruary 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much for your feedback, Leroy! We really appreciate it and great to hear that everything is consistent so far. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Where have you been all of my life?

Making the switch from one of the 'big Telcos' I was a little cautious, however I'd had enough of the service and attitude I continually experienced. I've never been happier! I've never had an issue with my connection or the speed. From the very beginning Aussie Broadband made everything easy. From the installation of the new NBN box and modem to setting everything up. I'm not the most computer savvy person and to make matters even worse I'm also very impatient. I've been advised of any expected 'down times' and have been given plenty of notice.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Thanks so much Roni for your review. We really appreciate it and are glad to hear that you're happy. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

Very happy so far

I've been with Aussie Broadband for ca. 2 months when switching to NBN, and so far have not had any issues, all my initial questions were answered thoroughly and professionally, connection to NBN services went without a hitch, communication and service have been excellent throughout

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi CeddysMum, thank you for the review! We're glad that you are happy with our services. If you do notice any areas where you think we could improve, please let our team know. Cheers!

Hi, I signed up with you guys about a week ago, just wondering how long it takes for some one from NBN to connect and how long it takes for my fetch and modem to be sent out.
I had a preorder so had to wait for the date it would become life. Aussie sent model a week before and when it became live they texted me a date the NBN guy would come and connect things up. I did change the date, but everything went smoothly and it works well.Connection times depend on nbn technician availiability (if first connecting to the nbn) and also service type. We ship Fetch and the modem differently depending on service type as well. Fetch is sent by courier and most of the time the modem is sent with it. We ship from 3840 Morwell, Victoria. Cheers.Hi Janet, I have just spoken to one of yr reps, who answered all my questions, and was very helpful and polite.This is my first time signing up with broadband and Aussie BB has the BEST reviews so far. I have a appointment time now with NBN to get started. I hope the reviews speak for themselves and everything is smooth sailing. I will leave my own review with my personal experience when my internet is up and running. Thankyou for yr reply..PBeni

i like to now about streaming after 7 pm not for youtube i like to now for iptv is any one got the iptv thanks
Yes I have Iptv and at 7:30pm for a couple of hours all more, there is constant buffering. Related too there international network routing, which apparently is in the process of upgradesthanks Daniel i am with mate comunication compani from 7-7.30 until 10-10.30 pm constantly buffering after 10 no buffering

Hi, I am new to NBN and have the NBN cable and connection box attached to the exterior of my house at the lower level, the house is high set and my computer is used on the upper level. Please tell me the procedure and costs involved in getting hooked up with Aussie, excluding the plan of course, as I haven't on which plan I require. Thanks Jim.
For most customers there is no connection fee. We have no setup costs. Customers in a new housing development will be charged $300 from nbn. You'll know whether this will apply or not on signup. The procedure is simple, you can sign up online or through our sales team. Once the application goes through, you will get an appointment for nbn to install a connection device inside the home. After that, it should be smooth sailing. Cheers!

NBN 25 (Standard, Seniors)NBN 50 (Standard Plus)NBN 100 (Family)NBN 150 (Super-Fast)NBN 250 (Ultra-Fast)
Monthly Price $69.00$79.00$99.00
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNNBNNBN
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthlyMonthlySet PeriodSet PeriodSet Period
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/FixedCapped/Fixed
NBN Speed Tier 25/550/20100/40150/100250/100