Aussie Broadband NBN 250/25 (Power User)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (90) · No (9)

Duane Walker

Duane Walker

The speed is amazing

The download speed is awesome. I just ran a speed test and got 273/23.7Mbps. They say the speed is usually about 240Mbps during peak times.

More important is their support. I was with Telstra for over 20 years. Their support is terrible. Notifications of outages is also woeful.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Fantastic Duane! We are so glad that you are apart of the ABB family - we are glad you made the switch over to us :) Kindest, Lizzie

Phil R.

Phil R.South East Queensland, QLD

Great speed, rubbish modem

Although the speed is great, upto 250, we typically only ever get 170, the modem is terrible, after numerous attempts at fixing the wifi distance and costing $160, we have had to buy a new one.

wade

wadeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing

Excellent provider
The Internet is super fast and stable, I get more speed of 270 for download.
Unlike other providers, the call center picks up my call really quickly and I can talk to someone who speaks real English and understand Australia. Definitely reconmended!

Official RepAussie Broadband

We think you're amazing too, Wade :) Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review - we really appreciate it. Kindest, Lizzie

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Aussie Broadband NBN 250/25 (Power User) compares to other Internet Service Providers

T B.

T B.South East Queensland, QLD

Really consistent speeds

Great service. I tried other providers and they were really bad. These guys are faster than they advertise. No drop outs and really good ping. So if you are a gamer then I really recommend these guys.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thank you so much, T.B! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, too :)
Kindest, Lizzie

Domenic

DomenicGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Super-fast, lag free at peak time

Theses guys are fantastic, was with them about 5 years ago originally, but moved based on price, was never really happy with the other ISP’s but they were cheaper, it come to a point where I needed reliably and speed for the growing family’s needs, still haven’t looked back!

Official RepAussie Broadband

We are SO glad to hear, Domenic! We're so glad that you are apart of the Aussie Broadband family :) Kindest, Lizzie

Leanne

LeanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Had no problems, fantastic.

No more dropouts, no more lagging. Must better than we used to have even in a bad area that we are in. Speed depends on which connection is in your area.

Official RepAussie Broadband

This is exactly what we like to hear, Leanne! Wonderful news - if you have any questions, please let us know :) Kindest, Lizzie

DanSydney, NSW

Waste of money

Aussie Broadband talk up their service... it’s crap, I have had nothing but problems, dropouts, etc. with my service since changing from Telstra... previously I have worked for an ISP, I know that ISPs try and reduce costs by configuring their own services, which impacts their customers... clearly they are doing it, impacting customer services.

I am now looking at moving to Optus 5G home internet.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Dan - have you given our customer service team a buzz on 1300 880 905? If you have, would you be able to provide the fault number so I can take a look into this for you? Kindest, Lizzie

Ryan B.Murray Region, NSW

Can't even get connected. Terrible service, never again will I waste my time with this service provider...

Raised connection request in mid February, multiple put backs (like 3 months) in getting service connected, I should have went Telstra to begin with. I work in essential services and rely on internet for business. Don't waste your time with this provider.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Ryan, we'd like to look into this for you. What type of connection do you have? Kindest, Lizzie

Ryan B.

Hi Lizzie, FTTP, you can reach me on my number as per previous account setup with Aussie Broadband

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Ryan - I recommended giving our customer service team a buzz on 1300 880 905 - do you have a fault reference number from your previous conversation so I can pull up your account? Kindest, Lizzie

Clinton93South East Queensland, QLD

Made me multiple promises. Kept them.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Wow!! That's exactly what we like to hear, Clinton93. Thank you SO much for your kind review, we really appreciate it. Kindest, Lizzie

Clinton93

You are more than welcome, Lizzie.

Happy user.

Finally got hooked up to the NBN. Using the Aussie HFC connection we are getting speeds equal to or greater than the advertised plan. Early days but very happy so far.

Official RepAussie Broadband

That's exactly what we like to hear, Ritchie! Thanks so much for your kind words - we're so glad that you are apart of the ABB family :) Kindest, Lizzie

steelhip

steelhipPerth, WA

Had high hopes - disappointed

Troy

TroyIllawarra, NSW

Really so simple and service is top quality

The real deal - I had read a number of reviews on how good the Aussie Service was, and all were absolutely correct. Couldn't be happier with the quality of the internet, VOIP services, ease of setup and support. How do the other providers get it so wrong?

Official RepAussie Broadband

That is exactly what we like to hear, Troy! We're so glad you made the switch over to us and for taking the time to leave us a review - we really appreciate it :) If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Kindest, Lizzie

HolyBoySOG

HolyBoySOGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great sign up process and even better ongoing support

The sign up process was simple and targeted to my needs, with them asking questions to make sure I didn't buy more than I needed and spoke frankly about everything.

Official RepAussie Broadband

We're so glad to hear, HolyBoySOG! Thanks so much for joining the ABB family :) Kindest, Lizzie

Copper Queen!

Copper Queen!Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Brilliant!

No issues, delighted! After months of trying to get another provider to provide a consistent service (some service SMS chats lasting 38 hours!) a friend recommended Aussie. I’m so glad I made the move, and am particularly pleased to be able to speak to very pleasant staff.

Official RepAussie Broadband

We're delighted that you left us a review, Copper Queen! Thank you so much for your kind words - we're super happy that you are apart of the ABB family :) Kindest, Lizzie

Anthony

AnthonyEpping, NSW

Honest service. highly recommended

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much for your kind words, Anthony! We really appreciate you being apart of the ABB family and leaving us a kind review :) We think honesty is always the best policy! Kindest, Lizzie

Nick B

Nick BSouth-East, TAS

Gamers dream come true!

Trying to get good speeds and solid connections for late night gaming, then Aussie broadband is the place for you! Fair prices and the best speeds and connections! Highly recommend!

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thank you so much, Nick! We're so glad that we're able to get your connection up and running - we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us :) Kindest, Lizzie

Mark

MarkDarling Downs, QLD

Soo quick love it

Connecting is great no dropouts and no issues would recommend aussie to anyone very happy with the service and there quick to fix any issues also have phone and no troubles

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Mark! We're so grateful - if you need any further assistance, please reach out to a member of our team :) Kindest, Lizzie

malcolmw

malcolmwSouth East Queensland, QLD

joining aussie broadband

phoned Aussie broadband to sign up, no telstra 90 minute wait and someone who knew what they were talking about. Signed up and within 45 minutes got a text saying I'm active. Rang them and was in a queue of 7, they informed me every time i got close to 1st in queue and only waited 2 minutes. Cannot beat this for service and i've been with the other major suppliers who are woeful at best when you need help.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words, Malcolm! We're really glad you made the switch over to us, and we hope you enjoy our service :) Any questions, don't be afraid to reach out to us. Kindest, Lizzie

Leigh S.

Leigh S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best I’ve had

I’ve had ABB for a few months now, No drops outs, speeds are over 4x faster than previous provider, and the price is also much cheaper. My current connection is fttp

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thank you so much for your kind words, Leigh! We're lucky that you joined the ABB family :) Any queries, let us know. Kindest, Lizzie

thomas r

thomas rSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great provider

Most of the issues I have had with my NBN connection where caused by the NBN itself. Do note that NBN.co can reject Tech visits for a never ending level of excuses.
"We know there is an outage"
"That is what the next scheduled outage is to fix."
"X number of drops outs is considered decent enough"
"The required uptime is 96% yours is above that"
I had around 300 drop outs between September 2019 and February 2020.
The issue was magically got fixed while there was a thunderstorm. So clearly NBN.co knew what it was.
I don't see how rain could have fixed it if anything rain should make a electric current connection worse.

Official RepAussie Broadband

We are so glad that you stuck by us, Thomas. We know dropouts can be frustrating, and we always try out best to get the issue solved as quick as possible. Kindest, Lizzie

Neddles m.

Neddles m.asked

How much does it cost

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Neddles, would you mind letting me know what you want to know the cost of? If it's plans, feel free to go to our website - https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-plans/ - and put your address in, it'll show you all the plans available at your address. If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call our team on 1300 880 905 and we'd be more than happy to help. If you have any further questions or comment, feel free to fire them my way :). Cheers, James.

steven r.

steven r.asked

NBN 250/25 (Power User)

what modem/router are people using to get the best speed ?

Van Damage
Van Damage

Pending on what your looking to do (gaming) and how many people using your internet, I would recommend the nighthawk
Good guys free plug here:

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Steven, great question.
There’s a lot of great routers on the market. It really depends what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend. I personally tend to recommend mesh systems because they can cover a much larger area, eliminate dead spots and stop the frustration of being further away from the main router.
For mesh systems we currently sell the Google Nest which as had great reviews from our support team. There’s also the Netgear Orbi which has a lot of great reviews online. If you’re looking for a more ‘premium’ brand, the ubiquiti range is unreal and is arguably one of the best. Asus also have a decent mesh system that has good reviews. Honestly, all are great options.
The nighthawk, as the comment above suggests, is a great option. We do sell routers, which you can review on our website.
I’d recommend just Googling different options within your price range and reading their reviews. Or feel free to call our support team on 1300 880 905 and get their opinion, they're superstars.
Another thing to keep in the back of your mind is WiFi 6 is slowly being rolled out, which is the new generation of WiFi. It’s much faster and more efficient than WiFi 5. It comes down to preference and need, but I personally prefer to future proof my purchases, so I don’t have to think about upgrading it anytime soon.
Hope this helps. If you have any further questions or comments, feel free to fire them my way. Cheers, James.

Cedric N.asked

Hi there
I recently switched to the 250/25 plan. I’m on FTTP in Perth, CBD but can’t get speeds over 90ish max. Just wondering what the issue is..

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Cedric, have you tried contacting our team for troubleshooting? -Mel

Cedric N.

Thanks, will touch base with them

Official RepAussie Broadband

They will be able to help. You can call 1300 880 905, you can raise the fault via the MyAussie, or you can ask via Livechat on our website (just enable popups) Cheers, Mel

See all Aussie Broadband NBN 250/25 (Power User) questions