Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

awesome ! yes

Had an issue with slow speed Aussie listened to my problem and the solution was found to be a bad
connection in the house wall jack . I am now getting the speed I am paying for. Thanks Aussie Broadband.

Flawless

I have been with Aussie Broadband from past 6 months and they have been great from the beginning until now. Consistent speeds all the times of the day. Highly recommended for sure.

Start DateDecember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great Team & Excellent Service!

In an area notorious for poor internet & peak speeds of less than 5% of advertised speeds (serious congestion!), Aussie Broadband provides a service STREETS ahead of the opposition! When several other ISP's were unable to even correctly advise what internet was available to us, Aussie had us connected on my own router & operating within minutes. Any planned outages are advised well ahead of the maintenance date (zero notification from the previous provider), and Customer Service/Technical staff are local, helpful, & provide timely follow-up assistance when required. If the service continues at this level, they will have a customer here for a very long time!!

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeWireless

So Far So Good

I move from iinet to aussie broadband NBN 50 and it works good. It is much faster than naked DSL although I need to pay landline calls. It is still cheaper than iinet. The move was smooth and I didn't have much hassle and the landline number remains the same. Here is my referral code 2150688 and free to use it and save your dollars. Enjoy.

#cantbeatfeedback #cantfixafault #cant give good service

So I went with Aussie since they promoted their exceptional customer service levels - they shouldn't.
They're not that great.
Good at getting you to sign up, not so good at finding and fixing faults !

Since the first moment my NBN service was switched on it has had constant dropouts, slow speeds and generally a poor NBN experience.
The online "support" should be called online "avoidance".

I've been running fault finding expeditions for them for over 3 weeks now and still no progress. All Aussie want to do is get me to accept liability of paying a $250 fee to NBN to find the faults. They have provided NO options other than the most simplistic instructions to direct connect a computer to the NBN NCD so they "can do tests".
They've done all their testing at their end but not disclosed any information as to what or where the fault could lay. I suspect they don't know.

At this time I would not recommend them to anyone purely based on the exceptionally poor customer experience. And that's not even considering the poor NBN experience.

Disappointed and annoyed.

Great value for the first 6 months

Very stable speed through day and night. No drop out so far . A few maintenance received texts well in advance. With the first 6 months 20 dollars off voucher it is worth to be on for the first 6 months.

Amazing NBN

Extremely easy to deal with
Great team at aussie broadband
They actually care about you as a customer
You are getting the Internet speed youre promised and not half of what it is during peak times.

Start DateJanuary 2019

Consistent good speeds.

I was with IINET before. I was only getting like 0.3 MBPS upload speed and 4 mbps download speed with their ADSL plan.

When NBN came, IINET wanted me to pay for modem eventhough I had NBN supported Modem. If I wanted free modem, then I need to signup for a contract with them.

But with Aussie Broadband, they said I can use my own modem. No contracts as well.

I have been using it for more than a year. No down time. Good speed even in peak times.

No more internet issues. Will recommend them anytime over other ISPs.

What makes them good is they don't simply add more and more customers in an area. They buy more NBN bandwidth based on number of customers in an area. This enables them in offering good download speeds compared to others.

Excellent service, good price

I moved to the nbn with Aussie broadband and could not be happier. On fttn, I get the full 50mbps speed all times of the day or night with minimal interruptions. No contracts, flexible pricing, very happy!

Start DateSeptember 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Reliable connection and good communication

I switched to NBN and Aussie Broadband at the same time. Previously I was with TPG. The connection was set up on my designated date and I've had no issues with the ISP. What else I like about Aussie Broadband is their emailing about tax invoices and expected network outages (services I did not receive through TPG).

Very good provider

Good service, sometimes have outage but overall the coverage is very good. Love the fact that the internet is fast and and great. Live around Victoria South Yarra area. Very satisfied customer.

Start DateFebruary 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

True Aussie service

Switched over to Aussies Broadband after trying Dodo and Kogan. The service and speed we get get with AB is fantastic. Line speed is 55mbps, getting average download speeds between 42-48mpbs.
Very fast connection time with AB if switching.

Start DateSeptember 2018

Fast and reliable

This is the first internet provider out of a number of providers that I have used that actually provides fast reliable internet at all times of the day. I have been very pleased with Aussie Broadband and will definitely recommend to friends and family.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
That's great, we're so happy to have you on board with us so you can enjoy the internet. Thanks so much for your review, John, we really appreciate it. Cheers!

Best ISP

Excellent customer service, excellent speeds and reliability. Daytime and evening speeds are super. I have the 50mbps plan and stream 4K Netflix, have over 10 devices connected and watch HD streaming on other TVs and have no lag at all! You talk to Australians on the phone. Great company!

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Awesome! We're happy to hear that everything is streaming well so you can kick back and enjoy. Thanks so much for your review, Joel! Cheers.

So far so good!

We got Aussie BB when we moved into our apartment in March. Aside from the connection starting a few days later than my requested date, everything’s gone smoothly. No connection issues and no buffering when streaming on our smart TV, and also using our laptops and phones. Service team is friendly and wait times aren’t long.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Fantastic to hear. thanks so much for your review. If you see anything that we can do to improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Fast Speed, occassional disconnection

Signed up the 50 plan for 2 months now, bought a router with great review so I can get the full speed. Tested the speed and it was 47, so quite happy with it.
However we do have dropouts almost everyday - it reconnected itself after a few minutes/seconds depending on the day.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Jessie, we definitely recommend getting in touch with our team. You can do it without making a phone call by logging into your MyAussie and creating a dropout fault. Our team will investigate and be in touch with you to get it resolved. Cheers.

Not That Happy With Customer Service and Speed of Connection

We're still waiting for Aussie Broadband to reply to an email and a scanned image (sent 2 days ago) of our connection speed - download 17.6 and upload 18.8 at 9.30pm. The speed we get at various times throughout the day is pretty ordinary, not always as poor as this, but it's generally sluggish. Calling them is not always an option as rarely are you connected straight away and are put on hold (not always convenient for those who work) - hence the email. We expected a better connection and better customer service. 2 - 3 stars. Disappointed.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Thor, we understand that calling isn't always an option. Our MyAussie app or portal https://my.aussiebroadband.com.au/#/login puts you in touch with our tech team directly without picking up a phone. This by far beats email as we have a specialised task team that handle all MyAussie faults. We will need to troubleshoot the connection further to resolve the problem. We very much want to help, if you would rather a call back, then simply respond to my message so that I can help to improve your evening speeds. Cheers!Good morning, We are constantly having problems with poor download speeds and buffering. I have included 3 screen shots of speed checks (sent to you already)I did on Sunday night 19th May and the results are pathetic, even under 10 Mpbs, making quite a joke of our 50 Mpbs which we are paying good money for. The worst times seem to be in the evening and the constant large variance of speed is very disconcerting and we feel we are definitely NOT getting value for money at this point. Can you please seriously look into this as we are not happy with the present services lack of consistency.I have it, and recommend deleting your public comment or editing the information out. Cheers.

Support is great but they did something that determined my bad review

I have been unable to connect to 60% of my games due to NAT restriction issues. Also game console servers etc were not working. I had spend hours trying to open up all relevant ports for each service to no avail. I decided to contact support and this is what they said: "This will be a CG-NAT issue as we have this active on your service as IP's in
your area are running low.
I will remove this for you and then things like game consoles, VPN's and
Servers will work correctly."
Why would an ISP do that to their clients without telling them? And why should It be my job to contact them to fix. I blamed my modem and I went and bought a new one wasting money now that I know it was the ISP restricting my NAT. I pay money for a full service not a restricted one so I found this completely unfair. Thus my one star review.

Start DateFebruary 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Niko, we send out an email that changes are being made that may affect gamers. In the email. this is explained as is the recommendation to call us should you experience connectivity or NAT Strict errors. If you did not receive the email, then I'd advise logging into your account and ensuring your email address is correct. Cheers.

terrible

I have 50 Mbps plan. I am getting constantly dropping down nbn speed everyday, many times I got buffering, getting 4 Mbps.., 7 Mbps speed instead of 50 Mbps.. I called to customer service and a lady asked me to go speed test website which way she will get live speed test result, which I did. Speed test result came 4 Mbps something and she agreed with me. Now she said need to check with cable and laptop...etc and start making excuses. Instead of solving my problem and give me credit as they are charging me for 50 Mbps and I am getting 4 Mbps speed... finally I hang up the phone because the worst customer service... as she got the live result so first of all she has to contact their appropriate team to solve my problem and give me credit as I am not getting 50 Mbps speed..... just making excuses that get cable and computer... Nowadays all mobile and laptop, Ipad through WiFi... who use cable??? just excuses...

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi NK VIC, they were trying to troubleshoot the actual problem and determine if it was a nbn issue, a modem issue, or a WiFi issue so they could fix your speed problems. Each one requires a different kind of fix. We have the exact same goal as you, to deliver the best possible connection that we can, however, you need to finish troubleshooting so they can determine the cause of your slow speeds to fix your slow speeds. Just giving you credit doesn't solve the problem, and I think you'd want both the problem solved and the credit. I recommend calling up and finishing the troubleshooting. Cheers.

Excellent service

Recently connected to NBN with Aussie and the experience has been nothing but easy and positive, great internet, transferred our phone line no problems, great customer service, highly recommend. Thanks Aussie

Start DateMay 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much, Poppy! We really appreciate your review. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Hi, I signed up with you guys about a week ago, just wondering how long it takes for some one from NBN to connect and how long it takes for my fetch and modem to be sent out.
I had a preorder so had to wait for the date it would become life. Aussie sent model a week before and when it became live they texted me a date the NBN guy would come and connect things up. I did change the date, but everything went smoothly and it works well.Connection times depend on nbn technician availiability (if first connecting to the nbn) and also service type. We ship Fetch and the modem differently depending on service type as well. Fetch is sent by courier and most of the time the modem is sent with it. We ship from 3840 Morwell, Victoria. Cheers.Hi Janet, I have just spoken to one of yr reps, who answered all my questions, and was very helpful and polite.This is my first time signing up with broadband and Aussie BB has the BEST reviews so far. I have a appointment time now with NBN to get started. I hope the reviews speak for themselves and everything is smooth sailing. I will leave my own review with my personal experience when my internet is up and running. Thankyou for yr reply..PBeni

i like to now about streaming after 7 pm not for youtube i like to now for iptv is any one got the iptv thanks
Yes I have Iptv and at 7:30pm for a couple of hours all more, there is constant buffering. Related too there international network routing, which apparently is in the process of upgradesthanks Daniel i am with mate comunication compani from 7-7.30 until 10-10.30 pm constantly buffering after 10 no buffering

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)