Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

We are disappointed with the NBN but this is beyond the control of Aussie Broadband

We've been connected with Aussie Broadband for only two months now but in general the service is reliable. We've only experienced one dropout which was for less than one minute.

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Stupid to sign up anywhere else

Love the tech support and no frills approach. Fast setup. They get out of their way to help where others happily fail. Aussie, english speaking support staff that is knowledgeable, friendly and can actually be understood.

Excellent provider

Have had Aussie for about 2 months now and have not had one drop out. With our previous provider we were having multiple drop outs per day so to say we are happy with Aussie is an understatement.

Unbelievable Service

Aussie Broadband have the best customer service going around. From day one they have been open and kept us in the loop every step of the way, unlike nothing I have ever experienced before.

Start DateAugust 2019

very happy

Very happy with instalation and service. Delivering 40 + on plan. Only complaint is the modem supplied is struggling to deliver a good wi fi service. It's unfortunate that such a good broadband service as this let's itself down by supplying a second rate modem. My modem is a NetComm NF 18 CV.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Good first month only

I work from home and for some reason its very slow during the day but they some how dial it up in the evening. lots of dropouts . will be moving .

Adequate Speeds No

Good with a few hiccups

My connection is usually reliable but have experienced the odd dropout.
The dropouts have reduced ever since the first month of our service.
We are much more pleased than with our previous provider

Contract Type12-month contract

Very good service.

Using their NBN for last six months. Nothing went wrong. No issue. It was very easy to get their plan online. We were confused at the beginning as it looked like a new provider to us, because we swithched from Telstra who increased their plan rate after two years without letting us know. We are using our Telstra nbn modem which works perfectly with Aussi Broadband.

Connection TypeWireless

Yeh well.

Don't buy the modem. It is utter rubbish. They won't even refund it. Poor WiFi reception. Constant dropout. Plugged the old Telstra box in and way she went. Other than that just another NBN mob.

Start DateAugust 2018

Perfect..Simple

Aussie Broadband has provided me with THE most reliable service ever. Fast installation, no dropouts, no issues at all. Any questions dealt with by an Australian promptly.. best internet provider!

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Inconsistent and lacklustre in central Sydney

I live in Surry Hills (right on the Sydney CBD fringe) and recently changed to Aussie two months ago because I had difficult streaming on Netflix with my previous provider (Barefoot). To avoid this again I paid for higher speed in the evening, however now I can’t even check Insta or send an iMessage through my phone - the speed is that bad. And it happens during the day or night. Time doesn’t matter nor does proximity to the wifi router. Oddly streaming on Netflix is fine, which through my old provider was not. I’d think again about going with Aussie though.

Adequate Speeds No
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Nathan, Have you been in touch with our team to troubleshoot the issue yet? Cheers, Mel

Best RSP by a Mile

Have been connected with Aussie Broadband for almost three months after being with Telstra for many years. No dropouts, speeds as advertised and constant. Easy set up and minor problem easily rectified with Australian call centre. Bills accurate and easy to understand. Cannot recommend highly enough.

New NBN customer referral

I was referred by a friend who was happy with this telco and I am equally as happy. Sign up was easy and easy to understand. Got great service by their reps and there was no long waiting in the telephone queue waiting to talk to someone. Connection was promised within 3 days but was set up within one hour. Get regular updates on when internet will be out of service. Have had no connection drop outs since joining. Very happy I switched.

Excellent service and backup

Reliable with no drop outside have had the service on now for just over a month and good to be able to get any help (if required) very quickly and professionally

Glad we chose Aussie Broadband

Our connection has been really good and when ever there is an outage, Aussie Broadband has always notified us prior to this happening. Most outages happen during quieter times and when we're not using it. So it hasn't been a problem for us yet.

Start DateAugust 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Most connected ISP

Hands down the best RSP, the ability to run your own tests is amazing.
Usually you have to beg other RSP's to perform basic tasks like a port reset. These guys have an app for that!

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Scott, thanks so much for the review. We're so glad you love our app. We're always trying to provide the best experience, so please let us know if you see anything that we can improve. Cheers, Mel

A Breath of Fresh Air

Aussie Broadband is a breath of fresh air. No problems whatsoever, easy to sign up, easy to change plans, easy to handle your accurate bill and usage with no grubby contracts. Let’s face it, if you offer good service you don’t need lengthy lock in contracts because your customers are happy. Compare this to Tel$ra, 30% more expensive, 4 complaints to get the service installed, overcharged, inaccurate bills and now a complaint to close my account as they’re still billing me.... Lucky for me, Aussie Broadband gave me the first month free.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Scott05, we're so happy to have you as a part of our Aussie family. We're glad everything's been easy so far. We hope you have a great week. Cheers, Mel

Cannot Fault Service or Connection

Easiest Telco I ave ever dealth with. Knowledgable call centre satff, set up was fast and easy. Technician turned up on time, was polite and helpful. Billing is simple, if running late on a bill the call centre is flexible with arrrangements. Have now used Aussie Broadband to add a NBN connection at my workplace, again with no problems or hassle. Ans the best part is there are NO extra charges or unexplained costs as with other providers.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Kat, thanks so much for your review. We're so glad everything has been fast and easy to deal with. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Friendly, professional, reliable.

Fantastic service provider.
I've had absolutely no problem with the reliability of my connection, or the speed. I use this service mostly for gaming and streaming services. Customer service is friendly, accommodating and professional. No lock in contract which is what drew my attention to these guys in the first place. Despite my house having a bit of an issue with installation (my place didn't have any land line connected for some reason), the NBN technician rectified the problem professionally and quickly despite the unforeseen issue. When moving into my new place (I rent), I had no modem, and asked if it was possible to credit my first bill and modem cost to synchronize with my other bills. Aussie Broadband was happy to do this despite me being a new customer. Very flexible, and this helped me a great deal.

Would recommend this service (and do) to anybody willing to listen.

Connection TypeI don't know
Wonderful to hear about your experience, Hunter. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you found our customer service team to be helpful. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Absolutely Fantastic Company & Service!

We joined Aussie for our business. I initially phoned them because Telstra told me it’d be 6-8 weeks to connect even though we already had NBN infrastructure on site! I rang Aussie, got to speak with someone locally and was literally connected within half an hour!! I already had a modem and it automatically configured when the connection went live. How easy is that?!
Since then we’ve experienced excellent speeds, even during peak times.
Communication is excellent. They email and send notification via the MyAussie app when there are scheduled outages. And when things go down unexpectedly, they’re right onto letting customers know what’s happening and getting it fixed asap.
Very happy customers here for the last 2 months!! Wouldn’t go anywhere else. Do yourselves a favour and give them a ring!
(Meanwhile I’d still be waiting for Telstra to connect me...they sent a modem last week, after I cancelled the connection request 6 weeks ago!!)

Connection TypeWireless
Thanks so much kayvee, we're so glad that you're having a great experience with us and excellent speeds. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

We've literally just had NBN50 Fixed Wireless installed this week, and we're a bit dismayed at the speeds we're seeing... our old ADSL was faster during peak times. Has anyone on Fixed Wireless with this company ever seen 20Mbps or faster speeds at any time of the day? Also, not sure it matters, but our house is 200m from the tower - it's literally three houses down.
Fixed wireless rarely stays at nbn50 speeds as you share the bandwidth at the tower with everyone in your neighbourhood, regardless of their isp. It's at the tower that these slower speeds occur, before reaching the isp network (whether it's ours, telstra, optus, etc) You can read more about it here: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/internet-landline-services/broadband-speeds/using-nbn-fixed-wirelessSo if I never get, and will never get, above 20Mbps, is it worth dropping down from the NBN50 plan? I don't want to pay money for a service I am not receiving. It seems others using the same tower (but different ISP) are receiving much better speeds than us.I would first recommend contacting our support team to troubleshoot to rule out any other problems with your service and to ensure it's not wifi related or antenna related, etc. Start there first as we may be able to help you get better speeds. Always worth troubleshooting. You can contact our team via a phone call or through your MyAussie or on our website's livechat. Cheers, Mel

hi, firstly I use my ISP email service . if I switch to AB what happens to my emails please ? also they are offereing $80 p/mth , unlimited at 50/20mbps /home ph unlimited nat-local-mobile calls/ free modem/ 12mth contract. can you pls tell me if you can match this ? thanks
Hi Grasshopper, you will need to talk to your provider in terms of email service. There's usually a fee to keep the email service running after you cancel your internet, but you will need to speak to them. Unfortunately, we do not price match. Sorry about that. Cheers, Mel

Hi, I signed up with you guys about a week ago, just wondering how long it takes for some one from NBN to connect and how long it takes for my fetch and modem to be sent out.
I had a preorder so had to wait for the date it would become life. Aussie sent model a week before and when it became live they texted me a date the NBN guy would come and connect things up. I did change the date, but everything went smoothly and it works well.Connection times depend on nbn technician availiability (if first connecting to the nbn) and also service type. We ship Fetch and the modem differently depending on service type as well. Fetch is sent by courier and most of the time the modem is sent with it. We ship from 3840 Morwell, Victoria. Cheers.Hi Janet, I have just spoken to one of yr reps, who answered all my questions, and was very helpful and polite.This is my first time signing up with broadband and Aussie BB has the BEST reviews so far. I have a appointment time now with NBN to get started. I hope the reviews speak for themselves and everything is smooth sailing. I will leave my own review with my personal experience when my internet is up and running. Thankyou for yr reply..PBeni

CategoryInternet Service Providers