Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Lindsay W

Lindsay WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What great real help

Amazed after 4 frustrating years with Telstra business to ring a help line that offers timely reliable advice, even when ringing in the middle of an outage was advised I was 8th in line with a wait time of 4 minutes and 40 seconds and it was accurate last 3 times I rang was less than a minute. No handing off or indefinite on hold music. Such a breath of fresh air. Keep up the good work

Start DateDecember 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

John

JohnNew South Wales

NBN EXPERIENCE

Very happy with the initial installation of NBN. Kept informed as to where things were at. Have had a couple of dropouts but have been kept informed as to what was happening. So far so good.

Ben E

Ben ECLIFTON HILL

Used to be good, now one of the worst of the bunch...

Constant dropouts, and never close to the speed upon what I purchased (NBN50, at $70/ month). When I complained, I received the worst 'customer service' imaginable; condescending, accusatory ("well, we've never had a complaint from you before..", as if I'm going to instantly phone their difficult-helpline the second I get an internet dropout), patronising, rude, and constantly tried to pressure me into 'closing the complaint'.

Never have I felt so spoken down upon by a company. Apparently these guys used to be good, and they were actually great at signup/ initially however, something has clearly changed.

I'm already looking forward to my contract to be over.

Start DateMarch 2019
Adequate Speeds No
Sophia

SophiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Aussie Broadband NBN is the way to go

Nicole

NicoleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best customer service

I moved from big telco to Aussie because I was frustrated with the customer service and effort required to engage with big telco. I highly recommend. Amazing the difference. Aussie worked well with NBN to get me connected, and to iron our initial issues.

Has

HasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Service, much better than others

Love the service and consistency, this is the first time I have experienced a internet connection without a dropout. Heaps better than over rated Telstra connection. Customer support is good and the connection was done within hours.
Got it on a 6 month special so pricing is really good for the service.
Highly Recommended

Start DateMay 2019

Julia C

Julia CAU

Going downhill faster than an olympic bobsled

They were terrific for 8 months and now its all dropouts and buffering with 30+ minute waits for support. Support people are nice. But I'm looking for another ISP because the dropouts are destroying my evening viewing.

Start DateFebruary 2019

Lorraine. Brisbane

Lorraine. BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is great! No issues, great communication.

No connection dropouts, plenty of notice for maintenance whether scheduled or emergency, runs seamlessly. Easy to use app and web interface. Customer service is awesome, Australian operators so no language barriers. Very happy customer.

Bron PE01319-01

Bron PE01319-01Sydney, NSW

Very good service

I am so happy with Aussie Broadband, reliable service, good connection and am informed if there happen to be any outages. The invoicing is very clear and there are no surprises.

Geoff

GeoffCentral West, NSW

Works well

Much better than telstra adsl 1, reliable does not fade in and out.Easy to work with , quick service do what they say when they say they will do it on the day.

Connection TypeWireless
Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much for your review, Geoff. We're so glad to hear that the connection has been reliable so far. Have a fantastic day. Cheers, Mel

Michael M.

Michael M.Sydney, NSW

Perfect connection and service

Havent had any issues whatsoever,and if there are any outages in the area you get a text message and email promptly,customer service is awesome.My speed is 50/20 and on a few occasions my speed has actually gone up to the 60 d/l mark.

Excellent customer service

Had some issues with getting the speeds i wanted. Called up on weekend, and the wonderful Bess N answered. Fantastic customer service. She really talked me through everything and spent time explaining things to me. Would definitely recommend Aussie Broadband because with people like her, they look after their customers.

Start DateAugust 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

LinnyH

LinnyHSydney, NSW

Go with Aussiebroadband for NBN

10/10 for connecting with Aussiebroadband
Any connection issues with Aussiebroadband system have been texted to me so kept up to date with current information
Chose Aussiebroadband because they were given a 5 star rating with Canstar Blue
& we have been very impressed with their service

Start DateSeptember 2019
Contract Type24-month contract

John

JohnRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent Service Provider

I had a crap and non-functioning NBN internet service from Southern Phone (Southern Phone are garbage). Aussie Broadband however managed to have me signed-up, connected and fully functional internet in less time than I was on-hold from Southern Phone waiting for technical support.

Start DateDecember 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

Wonderful to hear, John! We're so glad that we were able to get you connected in no time and you can finally get back to enjoying the internet as you should be. Please let us know if you ever see anything that we can do to improve. Cheers, Mel

Good decision.

Switching over to nbn was a daunting prospect, but I did my research and am really happy with the decision to go with Aussie Broadband. They offer a premium customer service experience and I feel confident they will look after me. The connection quality and reliability has also been great! No painful dramas like you would actually expect from a telco. They are a breath of fresh air. Let me save you hours of research and uncertainty and just do as I have done and go with Aussie Broadband.

Official RepAussie Broadband

It's great to have you on board with us happycamper665. Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate it. We're glad that you've had an excellent experience so far. Please let us know if you see anything that we can improve. Cheers, Mel

Danielle K.

Danielle K.

Great service and internet

After months of dealing with dropouts sometimes up to 5 times an hour we made the switch to Aussie. Couldn't be happier and wish we had of done it sooner.

Start DateNovember 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

Welcome on board with us, Danielle K. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We're so happy that we were the solution to all of your problems. Have a lovely day. Cheers, Mel

Ideal switch from cable broadband to NBN

Because of the horror stories of switching to the NBN debacle, we left it until very much the last minute - however, the switch was painless and service immaculate ever since.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Fantastic to hear, Will H. We're so happy that it's been smooth sailing for you from the start. We're always looking to improve, so if you see anything that we can do better, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

T dani

T dani

Everyone should be with Aussie

Joined Aussie this year was with Telstra and they where awful paying an arm and a leg for a service that was slow and over priced. Aussie is 30.00 cheaper a month so much faster they where fast connecting me none of this waiting for days on end signed up on line Friday was connected the Saturday was a nightmare to disconnect from Telstra though. They give you notice of maintenance work and outages and give you time frames when service will be up and running again. Great service when you call them and do what they say they are going to do.

Start DateJuly 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it. We're glad that you're enjoying our communication and service so far. We're always looking to improve our service, so please let us know if you see anything that we can do better. Cheers, Mel

No longer do I dread calling up my ISP. Excellent service. Love the local Aussie call centre

Reliable, fast premium internet and network. They are what they say they are, the best you can get. The best customer service and knowledgeable technical support I've had from an ISP and for the first time ever I do not dread calling up my ISP . This would have only been possible due to them having an Australian local support team supporting Aussie jobs. It's good to have an ISP that is on the customers side when dealing issues with NBN, as they have gone above and beyond to resolve my issues with NBN. Would definitely recommend them over and over again.

Start DateNovember 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

Wonderful to hear, Aaron. Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it. We're so glad the connection has been reliable and fast so far. If you see anything that we can do better, please let us know. Have a great day. Cheers, Mel

Pulling my hair out

Pulling my hair outHobart, TAS

Seems as good as they claim

Happy overall. Very quick changeover from my old isp. Speed is consistently good. I'm a bit disappointed to have an outage in the first couple of weeks but generally reliable.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much Pulling my hair out. We really appreciate the review and we're happy that things are going well so far. We do apologise about the outage. It should settle now, please let us know how you continue to go. Cheers, Mel

rubywooasked

We've literally just had NBN50 Fixed Wireless installed this week, and we're a bit dismayed at the speeds we're seeing... our old ADSL was faster during peak times.

Has anyone on Fixed Wireless with this company ever seen 20Mbps or faster speeds at any time of the day?

Also, not sure it matters, but our house is 200m from the tower - it's literally three houses down.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Fixed wireless rarely stays at nbn50 speeds as you share the bandwidth at the tower with everyone in your neighbourhood, regardless of their isp. It's at the tower that these slower speeds occur, before reaching the isp network (whether it's ours, telstra, optus, etc)

You can read more about it here: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/internet-landline-services/broadband-speeds/using-nbn-fixed-wireless

rubywoo

So if I never get, and will never get, above 20Mbps, is it worth dropping down from the NBN50 plan? I don't want to pay money for a service I am not receiving. It seems others using the same tower (but different ISP) are receiving much better speeds than us.

Official RepAussie Broadband

I would first recommend contacting our support team to troubleshoot to rule out any other problems with your service and to ensure it's not wifi related or antenna related, etc. Start there first as we may be able to help you get better speeds. Always worth troubleshooting. You can contact our team via a phone call or through your MyAussie or on our website's livechat. Cheers, Mel

grasshopper

grasshopperasked

hi, firstly I use my ISP email service . if I switch to AB what happens to my emails please ? also they are offereing $80 p/mth , unlimited at 50/20mbps /home ph unlimited nat-local-mobile calls/ free modem/ 12mth contract. can you pls tell me if you can match this ? thanks

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Grasshopper, you will need to talk to your provider in terms of email service. There's usually a fee to keep the email service running after you cancel your internet, but you will need to speak to them.

Unfortunately, we do not price match. Sorry about that. Cheers, Mel

PaulaBasked

Hi, I signed up with you guys about a week ago, just wondering how long it takes for some one from NBN to connect and how long it takes for my fetch and modem
to be sent out.

Wayne
Wayne

I had a preorder so had to wait for the date it would become life. Aussie sent model a week before and when it became live they texted me a date the NBN guy would come and connect things up. I did change the date, but everything went smoothly and it works well.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Connection times depend on nbn technician availiability (if first connecting to the nbn) and also service type. We ship Fetch and the modem differently depending on service type as well. Fetch is sent by courier and most of the time the modem is sent with it. We ship from 3840 Morwell, Victoria. Cheers.

PaulaB

Hi Janet, I have just spoken to one of yr reps, who answered all my questions, and was very helpful and polite.This is my first time signing up with broadband and Aussie BB has the BEST reviews so far. I have a appointment time now with NBN to get started. I hope the reviews speak for themselves and everything is smooth sailing. I will leave my own review with my personal experience when my internet is up and running. Thankyou for yr reply..PBeni

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives