Australia Post Domestic Postage

billv53
billv53

So slow

9 days from Sydney to Melb finally arrived. 7 days from Melb to Beaconsfield P.O. still waiting as parcel has not moved from Dandenong South for days.
What is going on it took less time for parcel to arrive from China and clear Aus customs only to be handed to Auspost.

Shipping TypeDomestic
Barras
BarrasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Most incompetent company around

After posting my express post envelope it got to the distribution center within 6 hours, since then it hasn't moved in six days, i logged an enquiry four days after posting it, two days later i got an email asking me to rank them on how they fixed my problem, i contacted Auspost again via messenger, they now tell me they have no idea where it is and they are declaring it a lost item, i don't know why i used Australia Post as about four weeks ago i also sent an express envelope to the same address and it took seven days to arrive

Sender or ReceiverSender

Aurelia G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive, Poor service and Extremely slow

Still waiting for a package to arrive 2 weeks later. Same state!
Tracking system doesn't give me any idea when I should expect it.
So expensive to send goods and it takes so long to get them.

I have used Sendle once and they were amazing. Got a package from SYD to MELB in one day and the cost was very good. Maybe we all should use Sendle from now on?

Hi there Cat,
Thanks for your response. One of them is 34DEL302272301000931504.
Cheers, Rae

delivery postcode is 3139

Edwin Gao
Edwin GaoSydney, NSW

The worst post ITW

Express post supposedly at 7:03pm 221 June from Villawood. Was notified by email that apparently they had attempted to deliver my parcel. Didn't get crap, no doorbell rung, no phone called, and when I called the phone they were after-hours. No way to call the courier back, just a bunch of lazy crap. Spent a good minute listening to the automated system talking about how "we're just people who endeavour to do our best crap", why not actually do your job? Horrendous service, please do yourself a favour and DO NOT USE IT.

Cathy G.
Cathy G.Perth, WA

Delivery guys

Drivers that just throw your package at the door then leave. Lucky I have a camera and seen him do this or my parcel would of been stolen . terrible service

oscar
oscarSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy couriers that don't knock

LinaeSydney, NSW

Paid $10 for a 500g parcel to be delivered

Ordered an item from a large retailer. Delivery date on app says one of two dates. O.K. But no delivery! Tracking is useless. Not sure why they are still in business! One of the worst service providers in Australia.

willing to help

they have twice sent my parcel to a depot in the wrong town, 20 minutes away. this is a town where I never lived, or had listed as an address on any description, at any time. I'm not sure if it's some glitch in the system that lost my local post office, but they were happy to fix the issue.

Lulu
LuluSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful

I have waited 12 days for an express post parcel to be delivered from Sydney to Brisbane. I have followed up with Auspost multiple times and each time I am met with different excuses. If Auspost are unable to provide express post at present they should not still be selling this as an option and charging people for this service they are so clearly unable to provide

Scott05
Scott05South East Queensland, QLD

Difficult to plan your day

I have an important delivery of equipment for working from home being sent express from Melbourne to Brisbane. I received push messages and emails from Australia Post Tuesday telling me delivery will be Wednesday so I modify my working schedule from office to be available at home for delivery, then at 5:30am Wednesday they suddenly change delivery to Thursday with no notification except tracking update. This is very frustrating and disruptive economically for people trying to be productive.

Not Happy
Not HappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely terrible and very late

Item was sent from Perth 14/06/21, a week later and the item has still not been received. Hardly express. There were no updates in the tracking. I called to complain about the service but was told that they admit it was bad and sorry. No compensation was offered. After I told them not to deliver the item to my work because no one would be there now because it’s too late (and that they had to deliver it tomorrow) they did it anyway (at 5:47pm) and now I have to go out of my way and collect the item from their mail centre because (hello hello) no one was there. Terrific service.

Gregg6471
Gregg6471AU

Absolutely Hopeless, avoid it like the plague

Sent a fairly expensive Vintage Camera via Auspost on the 24th May, 2021. It still has not been delivered almost a month later, according to tracking the camera circled back to a post office less than 5kms from where it was posted 4 times before being intercepted following 4 requests to Australia post and an Ombudsman's complaint. It was then send again. You might think that after such a run around and poor service that they would try to expedite the delivery but no.... tracking shows it stuck in Dandenong less than 30kms from where it was sent for the past 6 days. Unfortunately, there is no way to provide a rating of zero

Sender or ReceiverSender
David C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Express Post delayed, again.

7SP515548301000965008
Sent Express 5pm 15/06 from NSW to VIC, get email saying due to congestion I should receive by 23/06.
I could of walked there and back myself in that timeframe

Shipping TypeDomestic

Still nothing. Useless hacks

DDD
DDDGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Post man doesn't knock the door or leave a card.

The delivery man doesn't knock the door. Didn't leave a card either. Tracking update in the morning was "with driver". I was home all day. I checked the post box a few times. Then I received a text message at 5.30 stating the parcel is at a post office which is not close to my house. We don't have any dog.
This has happened a few times.

Chris D.
Chris D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

16 days for delivery from Sydney to Adelaide

On 2 June 2021 TVSN submitted a small package at Sydney to be sent to an Adelaide suburb. Australia Post anticipated delivery between 4-9 June 2021. The final tracking information was that the packaged was in PERTH WA on 13 June 2021 at 6.14 pm. Despite numerous requests, the tracking information was not updated, apart from a customer query being submitted on 14 June 2021. Delivery was estimated to be 18-23 June 2021. Excuse given by Australia Post was that it had been missorted.
Finally delivered on 18 June 2021.

Pratish
Pratishasked
Domestic Express Post

Hi, one of my packages is posted with express post, I have been keeping an eye on the tracking but nothing seems to be moving since yesterday. My tracking number is 33EWH001272501000960304, it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but since it’s not showing any updates I am confused and not sure if it’s gonna be delivered on time.

BubbleFamilyasked
Domestic Express Post

Hi, I have an express parcel from Narre Warren NSW to Corinda QLD sent on Sat 19/06/2021. But I have still not received any update other than “we’ve got it”. It is now Wed but no information available. The tracking number is ‘0307008324093001080990’. Can you check where it is now and advise expected delivery date?

Hi BubbleFamily,

It's on the way and due for delivery by early next week :)

Posting something on a Saturday is the same as posting it the following Monday so we're currently only on the second business day since this has been lodged. It looks like there has been a processing update today but I'd give it a bit more time to reach a facility in QLD before expecting the next update.

Narre Warren is actually in Victoria so this is estimated to take around 4-6 business days. Again, counting Monday as the date of lodgement, delivery is likely between this Friday the 25th and next Tuesday the 29th.

More information about current delivery times within Australia can be found here: https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/domestic-delivery-updates

Thanks for that info.

Marge
Margeasked
Domestic Express Post

Hello, I’m waiting on an update on a package that was due on the 21st of June, it says “delayed - processing for delivery” what does this mean. The tracking number is 99704537751401004900906

From Macquarie Fields to Wagga Wagga 2650

Hi Marge,

That 'delayed' status just means that the parcel hasn't reached you by the estimated delivery date.

I'm glad to see the tracking has since updated to advise it's been delivered this morning.

The vast majority of any delayed parcels usually turn up within the following 3 business days so if you do have something take a little longer than expected in future, it's usually worth allowing a little more time. If you are concerned about a delay though, the best thing to do is to notify your sender so that they can chase it up with us. You can also reach us on 13 13 18 but it's usually best if the sender can contact us as they'll have all the best information we need to investigate if necessary.

-Casey