Australia Post Shopmate

Australia Post Shopmate

Angie D.

Angie D.South East Queensland, QLD

Australia post coins

I wanted to collect the Australia Post coins. Release is in dribs and drabs with insufficient coins released. I drove to the Tarragindi Post Office when I was told they had all the coins. When I got there I was sold only 2 as he was not prepared to sell more than 2. Australia Post, why are you wasting our time and energy!

ripoff

extremely overpriced. I signed up to shopmate to save paying retail price for my own books on Amazon. I thought auspost would have similar shipping rates to australiapost. big shock to see how much it was.

woodduck
woodduck

A book 500g or less.

Blastaar

BlastaarPerth, WA

Overcharging!!

Sent 2 books from Amazon weighing 1.4kg.

Cost of books was $14US

Auspost charged $44.03 for shipping.

It is an absolute ripoff but typical of the poor service us Australians have come to expect from this carrier.

Shopmate is crap

I purchased a legal item in America, it's 100% legal in Australia. However due to them using singapore airlines at times they refused to send me the item due to them not having a customs agent in the warehouse in Portland anymore. They had to destroy my item and refused to have it picked up or returned to the company I purchased it from. I had the import paperwork and everything. I will never use shopmate again

Datto
Datto

Shannon M.

Shannon M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rediculous overcharge

I received an item recently to my shopmate address which was actual weight of 700g yet I am being charged at a rate of 3.7kg. This is the worst parcel forwarding service in the world. I will be requesting my items be returned to the sender. There is no way I am paying $68 for an item to be forwarded which is literally 2 t shirts.

Delivery TimeNever Collected

Keat P.Sydney, NSW

Misleading and Deceptive Behavior - Australia Post. ACCC to investigate..

Shopmate does not ship to your home address.. The item goes to custom clearance company $95plus Gst fee . Then additional customs fee processing levy $83. Did not declare this information on Australia post Shopmate website. UPS or FedEx would have been upfront with charges.. This is clearly misleading and deceptive Behavior on their part. I was expecting delivery via Australia post that I paid for. Not two additional hidden fees.. My article number is: 00093493040003198036

Shopmate: 1300624475 AustPost: 131318

I was expecting to pay GST ... But not a customs clearance company as shopmate was the company I paid a fee to ship item to my home address...

Keat P.

Shop mate has refunded. Custom clearance companyFee.. They said they will update their website to let user know that a purchase over $1,000 will require a 3de party processing fee. ( Custom clearance company)

That's great to hear!

Priscila

MollyRoseW

MollyRoseWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Costly, but good service.

Recieved quickly. Packed ok though the box wasn't fully taped shut.

Tracking ok, I didn't have updates while in the US, but once is was in AU, I could track it.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks for your review, glad to hear that our service has been good to you :)

Priscila

Anna

AnnaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The absolute worst company, this goes for Australia Post too!

My parcel arrived at Shopmate in early June. 3 months of emails and phone calls back and forth, wasting my precious time. 3 hours today trying to get this sorted. I no longer want my parcel! I've emailed them plenty of time my invoice. Still. NO. REPLY. paid my disposal fee of $10 as I have up in the end. Then I receive another email asking for the invoicing. Spent another 1.5 hours trying to get it all sorted.
I will never ever open another account with Australia Post or Shopmate.

Delivery TimeUnacceptably Late
Josè P.

Josè P.Sydney, NSW

Lost my parcel

They lost my $300 parcel and only compensated me $50 or it plus the $50 postage I paid. This is rubbish and it’s not the first time it’s happening. I will putting the word out there and taking this to current affair. Investigation number is 26907784. It’s just not fair. We put all our trust in Australia post and this is what we get in return. If they can’t do their job properly then they obviously are thieves taking out money and nothing in return. I’m so upset really. It was an item I was looking for all over the world and I finally found it and unfortunately that was the last jewellery piece in stock.

Fester8

Fester8Sydney, NSW

Excellent service.

I am thankful that ShopMate is available.I had no problems whatsoever when I ordered a DVD that I could not purchase anywhere else.I was constantly updated by ShopMate and even though I thought the postage was a bit expensive I found that it was cheaper than other places. I am definitely using ShopMate again as more and more US stores that I have bought from previously stop shipping to Australia.Thank you for providing this service so that I can purchase goods that I want.

Michael M.Australia Post

Thank you for the feedback, Fester8. I'm glad the Shopmate service provided a valuable service for those items that you can't get in Australia.

Tim

TimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great idea, poor implementation

I purchased an item in the US that was not available locally, so I chose to use shopmate.

The signup was easy and I was given an address, purchased my item and it was delivered, I was notified, everything was going great up until this point.

Now that Australia Post had my parcel at ransom they demand 5 x the value of the item to ship it to Melbourne/AU.

Every few months they keep emailing me, reminding me that I havent paid for the item, it's just plain extortion.

Dont let them get you over a barel, google and use one of the other providers that offer the same service, you'll save time and money and get better service.

Delivery TimeNever Collected

Saif MSydney, NSW

Australia post Punchbowl

High quality service ,but like concierge service and Manager there always goes extra mile for any relevant services in post office. And always can expect right advices regarding services and information.

3 Broadway Punchbowl NSW 2196

Michael M.Australia Post

Thanks Saif, I've passed that to the team for recognition.

Good I.

Good I.Sydney, NSW

Total Crap service

Total Crap service.

I had a letter that was to be placed into a local PO box literally 10-15 meters away from the front desk and yet they wanted full postage for that.

That's total crap - and I wont forget this - they cant even do a simple thing like that without charging someone...its totally normal for them to go out back to pickup a parcel for collection for example.

What a stupid service

Sender or ReceiverSender

Terrible customer service

- Repeatedly ask for shipping labels when it was already provided, including once replying to an email containing the document with a follow-up request of the same document
- Does not tell you what cannot be shipped until it has already been in their warehouse
- Deliberately uses tactics to delay your returns until past the pickup date, then asks the custmer to rearrange a delivery
- Then miss said delivery in an effort to convince you to use their preferred carrier or hold your item hostage until past the return deadline

Priscila L.Australia Post

I regret using Shopmate and will absolutely be telling people not to use it going forward

If I could give this 0 stars I absolutely would. I ended up paying almost $400 using this ridiculously overpriced service instead of looking around for a better shopping service. I would absolutely not recommend this under any circumstance, I would likely have saved a significant amount of money if I'd just shopped around and tried a different service instead of trusting Australia Post.

Furthermore, when there was a customs hold up, I found the help centre to be incredibly unhelpful until I called and explained the situation multiple times, so it can't even claim that it's convenient or fast.

Michael M.Australia Post

I'm so sorry for the service issues you've had. I'd be happy to look into this, and sent you a private message to take a look.

ThingystuffCanberra 2600, ACT

Michael's shipping estimate response below is rubbish

I have a small electronic item coming from the US - a USB adapter. Way less than 500g. My shipping cost is $50, WITH a $10 discount. The package turnaround is laughable for the ridiculous shipping cost - "processed" to be sent 2 working days after it arrives at their facility and has sat on "pending" for 2 additional days and lo and behold, true to form... Its friday night. Nothing to be done i guess. Pff. And shipping estinate is still over a week. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Delivery TimeUnacceptably Late
Thingystuff

Update! Startlingly heavy package of single usb adapter (1.1kg according to shopmate - 300g according to documentation from seller) still sitting on "pending". 3 days after writing above review.

Thingystuff

For the maths challenged (including Shopmate staff and seemingly Michael), thats: 5 days on "pending", gained 800g in weight.

Jen

JenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ridiculously expensive - will never use again

I ordered 5kg of foam related products which were in two boxes (I paid the consolidation fee) from a USA based supplier that wouldn't ship to Australia - the cost of these products were $150USD. I was charged $355 for the shipment. When I picked the boxes up at the post office, the staff thought the fee was exorbitant based on the size and weight. The package did arrive when it said it would is the only solace in this transaction, but I won't be using AusPost's Shopmate again.

Neha A.South East Queensland, QLD

Misplace items

Neha A.

yes I have eveything what they asked me.. still they wanted me to go and check back with merchant even though I have showed them the email conversation

stolen from, invaded privacy, disgusting ripoff, false advertising, and terrible automated customer service

Still WaitingSydney, NSW

Inexcusable dishonest service - A complete rip off

Still Waiting

I didn’t send you a private message about Shop Mate.

Sydney

Sydneyasked

Hi ShopMate Team,
My parcel was shipped from US Warehouse last Friday and even after week, there are no tracking updates of it. I am desperately waiting for the parcel. Is there anyway you can find out what is going on? Please refer to the General Inquiry - 26506117. Thanks

Hi Sydney,

Just checked your case and can see that the parcel should be shifting through this week for delivery. Hopefully not much longer and it will update domestically with the tracking reference you were provided.

Samuel P.

Samuel P.asked

i just order a cremation urn from amazon.com it roughly 2.630835746 kilo product 7 x 7 x 10 inches, i have had it sent to the address i was given not sure which one it turning up to atm, that part i follow, it the part how do i get it to Australia and can it go to my po box?

Sami M.Australia Post

Hey Samuel,

Thanks for your question. Once your item arrived at the ShopMate address they will arrange to have it forwarded to you once you have paid the shipping fees. For more information on how ShopMate works please check out the break down here: http://auspo.st/1su5YEa

~Sami

samy

samyasked

Hello support currently waiting for a documnt to arrive from cambodia. was sent on the 22/01/2019. Track details-EE006764151KH.. MOST RECENT UPDATE WITH TRACK IS EE006764151KH It's on its way Most recent update International arrival - awaiting clearance SYDNEY NSW Date & time Wed 30 Jan • 03:53pm 8DAYS TO ARRIVE TO AUS? Also thought it would have arrived to melb ems not nsw ems? can you see if anything has changed on your end? as i haven't received anything .. Regards sami

Australia P.Australia Post

Hey Samy,

I understand you are eager to receive article EE006764151KH. I've had a look and if the scans for this haven't updated by the end of the day tomorrow please contact the sender so they can contact the postal authority. Their local postal authority will log an investigation to look into this further.

~Sami