Diogo S G

Diogo S GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Service. Delivered Within Expected Date

Order a set of pans from USA and it was delivered within the time frame. Yes, it’s a bit expensive but it’s a great service when you can’t find what you want here in AU.

Brad in Northcote

Brad in NorthcoteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Will never use this service again

Alice F.Australia Post

I'm sorry that you had such a disappointing experience using this service.

Alice

Paul.Sydney, NSW

An extremely poor service. Did not get my items. Use UPS instead.

An absolutely appalling service. I had products (Sodastream packaged mixes) mailed to my USA box. They were taken by a staff member. When I lodged an enquiry as to where my item was, the item suddenly appeared as confiscated due not allowed. I followed the link on the Australia Post website that states packaged soft drinks were allowable. They then claimed it was a food item and tried to charge me extra for disposal in order to protect the employee that took the item.
False advertising, fraudulent and a total waste of time and money. I will never trust this woeful and incompetent organisation with anything again.
Ordered the same product and had the item delivered by UPS with no issues at all.

Alice F.Australia Post

I'm sorry that you had such a poor experience using our service.

Paul.

What service Alice F? Australia Post did not provide one. You are obviously clueless to the needs of your customers.

Find out how Australia Post Shopmate compares to other Couriers

What a joke, I'm cancelling my account.

I was hopeful that Shopmate would be the service that I needed to forward parcels from America, I was sorely mistaken. I had two packages that I was trying to ship, firstly the cost of shipping is ridiculous, they don't have a streamlined system in place everything seems to be handled through emails ( we don't live in the '90s anymore ), they will ask you to provided invoices for each product and give you the run-around. If you don't provide the invoice they will charge you $55 on top of everything else. One of the items was Soda Syrup and was marked as "Prohibited or Restricted" what a joke this is, I'm now out of pocket over $100. this will be my first and last time that I use the Shopmate service. Stay away!

Zoe H

Zoe HSydney, NSW

I’d like to give ZERO stars

I ordered clothing from USA which were delivered to my shopmate address in early February. They never write to me saying they’d arrived, I had to chase them up twice. Now they say they’ve shipped but haven’t offered any tracking. Terrible service.

ARMSydney, NSW

Repeat earlier reviews! Rubbish!

Three small parcels from US. Paid ShopMate March 5, received email March 6 they are "on the way", AustPost tracking advises "still being prepared" and now March 19. Today ShopMate site not accessible. Lodged complaints with AustPost.

Hi ARM,

I'm sorry that you haven't gotten your orders from the US yet. It's definitely been longer than we'd expect. I would recommend following up with the Shopmate team if you haven't yet so they can investigate with the warehouse for you.

Ad

Not ideal. Delays expected but no tracking at all?

Jason
Jason

Thank you for your reply.

The tracking ID I've been assigned is as follows: 00093493040004135160

Thanks Jason,

I would definitely have expected to see some scans on this by now. If only to show it was manifested. I would recommend reaching out to the Shopmate team on 1300 624 475 so they can investigate further for you.

Nick

NickPerth, WA

Hopelessly slow

Ive ordered multiple items via the Shopmate service to Perth WA. On all occassions the package arrived significantly late. It takes 3 weeks or so to clear customs and then another 8+ days to get to Perth. On top of that, the service is extremely expensive.

I now use MyUS who ship via Fedex for the same price, and the item arrives in 3-5 days.
I don't recommend using Shopmate.

Casey K.Australia Post

Just awful. I can't believe I used this service without checking the reviews.

- No dynamic views on their website - i.e., their website is tiny and near-impossible to scroll on a mobile phone
- Website not equipped with basic prefill automation options that are extremely commonplace and simple to implement
- Minimum cost is extremely high; the entire cost is extremely high
- Weird fees that don't seem to accord with the service

Source: I have used this service twice.

Be Nice
Be Nice

Oh, and whoever wrote their copy and whoever approved it are also bad at things generally. The writing is occasionally misleading and often confusing.

StevenSydney, NSW

Unacceptable late in delivery and poor update provided by Shopmate staff

Bought goods from USA. On the 5th March, it said it’s shipped but my post app still saying it’s being prepared. Rang every week and Shopmate staff said it’s in transit. I would like to ask which airplane did Auspost use that would take 14 days in the air?!!!!! I rang today (17th March), and the staff now told me that my goods is still in warehouse in US?!!!! I hope I will receive my goods in the end and would never use it again. Absolutely rubbish service.

Steven

Not at all. Nothing was advised. No email reply even I lodged a case number. It seems my money was collected at the earliest convenience then I have been left to my own device.

That's super frustrating Steven,

If you're able to share your tracking number and delivery postcode, I can see if I can find out some further information for you.

J J.Sydney, NSW

Horrific service - I’m glad it’s being shut down

I have paid a fortune for two items to be shipped from the USA. Three weeks after they’ve allegedly ‘left the US warehouse’, I have no packages, no shipping updates and AusPost have no clue where they are. So incredibly disappointed. Avoid this service, it’s pathetic and AusPost should be thinking hard about being associated with it.

Daskarzine

DaskarzineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Too slow, bad communication, too expensive

As per the title - I've used the service twice now. It takes days from receipt fo the parcels to be logged.

They don't reply to emails.

Comparatively, it's more expensive.

The tracking info the provide doesn't match to the parcels.

It just sucks.

Ad

Expensive! and difficult interface for the non tech savvy

Lindi D

Lindi DSydney, NSW

Worst of the worst and so expensive

Sending a little parcel or a kitchen pan with spatula got held up because it was Beachwood. Treated, food grade from a reputable dealer they still delayed it. Shipping cost $87

4.2
3.5

BenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exactly as described

Contrary to the negative reviews, I found armed with the packing dimensions and sell price my 2 packages came in a little under the estimated costs - tick, packages were booked in within one day of arriving in Portland - tick. I immediately declared and payed. Packages arrived in Melbourne within the 3 day arrival estimate - tick. My only complaint is the lack of info regarding receipt of my merchant invoices and that there was no scans once consignment was raised to Australia, scanning only picked up once arrived at customs. Overall excellent service.

Ben

I hope you relay my feedback regarding acknowledging you have received the invoice and the lack of tracking. It will put your customers more at ease when they know exactly what’s happening in real time.

Cheers

Amy S.

Amy S.

I wish I read up reviews before using their service :(

Absolute SCAMMERS. Just please use literally any other company! They sting you with so many charges and fees you end up paying a lot for a tiny little parcel. As well as being extremely deceitful and sneaky with their charges, they also waste your time. It took 4 months to get my parcel sorted and shipped to me even though I am still yet to receive it.

dennisj

dennisjArlparra

For a small item my whole experience was as smooth as clockwork.

I needed a small item (a prescription insert for sports sunglasses) from a supplier in the US who did not ship to Aust. The item took 9 calendar days to get to the Shopmate warehouse in the US. It then took a further 15 calendar days to get to me in central Australia. Based on my experience with other international orders, this was very timely. The shopmate fee was AU$40 which was also very reasonable. I'd read a lot of the negative reviews here, but still decided to give Shopmate a go, and I'm very satisfied with the result.

Alex R

Alex RSydney, NSW

Shopmate lost an expensive parcel, had very poor customer service - definitely would not recommend

Shipping TypeInternational

kizz j.

kizz j.

Great service for small/medium parcels

I've done 3 orders in the past year and every time the shipping has been faster than estimated and never had any issues. Follow the instructions, pay the fee, send the invoice and follow australia post guidelines to what can and can't be shipped as well as package sizes and you won't have any issues. I haven't used any other service as I send to a parcel locker, but in my experience, good as gold!

Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for your review Kizz :) I'm glad your experiences with us have been all good and hope your future parcels arrive well too! Have a good one!!

Use literally any other service. Appalling customer service, terrible interface, very slow

Joel
Joel
Priscila L.Australia Post

Norm M.

Norm M.asked

Shopmate

I would like to bring Hearing Aids into Australia.
These have not been registered in Australia so the company cannot send them directly to Australia.
Can I have them sent to an address in USA and then sent to Australia.
Kind Regards.
Norm Mac Leod

That's a tough one Norm,

You can find a list of things that can't be sent via Shopmate here http://auspo.st/119MVte so you might want to check with the manufacturer/seller whether they would be permissible against those guidelines before buying.

suzanne.mazy1asked

Shopmate

Is there a way to get information about oversized package ie. the dimensions of my parcel as I am sure there is a mistake at your end.

Hey Suzanne,

Could you let me know a bit more detail about the situation? Are you referring to a parcel you've posted or one you are waiting for?

We don't record the dimensions of a parcel so it would need to be measured by the recipient to confirm the dimensions. Please share the tracking number and a bit more detail about the situation so I can see how I can best assist.

jenny l.
jenny l.

Don't use Aus Post suzanne.mazy1 Use a courier I have had 3 orders returned to sender (1 twice) in 2 days saying I refused to accept delivery THERE WAS NO ATTEMT TO DELIVER AT ALL I lodged a case with Aus Post but was told "we can't do anything about the goods That is up to the seller to fix the problem" Um sorry? Aus Post stuffed up Not the seller It's called "passing the buck"

suzanne.mazy1

Hi I received an email from Shopmate telling me that you are unable to process my package as it is oversized / overweight for shipment. I guess it’s sitting in your overseas warehouse. What I have ordered has been sent through shopmate before, and this quantity is far less and weighs 1.8kg.

Tracking no: C12073105704100

Evelyn R.

Evelyn R.asked

Shopmate

My package from my forwarding address in the US has said “it’s being prepared” since Dec 7, it is now Dec 11! This is a Christmas present and the tracking says est. arrival Dec 15!! That’s not going to happy if it hasn’t even left the US yet! Can you please tell me if it has in fact left the US yet? (It says packages will be shipped within 3 business days!)

My tracking is: 00093493040003950054

Hey Evelyn,

Being prepared means we haven't got the parcel yet so if that's the case, best to always follow up with your sender directly, especially if they are shipping it to Australia using some other forwarding or logistics company.

Looks like 00093493040003950054 has now actually been posted with us on Saturday though so will now be in transit to you though the post. The tracking indicates it was posted with us up in Sydney and it looks like you're in Victoria. Parcels travelling that distance are currently estimated to take up to around a week so I'd expect this to reach you by early next week if not earlier.

See all Australia Post Shopmate questions