Australia Post Shopmate

Australia Post Shopmate

Expensive! and difficult interface for the non tech savvy

Delivery TimeNever Collected
Lindi D

Lindi DSydney, NSW

Worst of the worst and so expensive

Sending a little parcel or a kitchen pan with spatula got held up because it was Beachwood. Treated, food grade from a reputable dealer they still delayed it. Shipping cost $87

Delivery TimeLate

BenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exactly as described

Contrary to the negative reviews, I found armed with the packing dimensions and sell price my 2 packages came in a little under the estimated costs - tick, packages were booked in within one day of arriving in Portland - tick. I immediately declared and payed. Packages arrived in Melbourne within the 3 day arrival estimate - tick. My only complaint is the lack of info regarding receipt of my merchant invoices and that there was no scans once consignment was raised to Australia, scanning only picked up once arrived at customs. Overall excellent service.

Ben

I hope you relay my feedback regarding acknowledging you have received the invoice and the lack of tracking. It will put your customers more at ease when they know exactly what’s happening in real time.

Cheers

Amy S.

Amy S.

I wish I read up reviews before using their service :(

Absolute SCAMMERS. Just please use literally any other company! They sting you with so many charges and fees you end up paying a lot for a tiny little parcel. As well as being extremely deceitful and sneaky with their charges, they also waste your time. It took 4 months to get my parcel sorted and shipped to me even though I am still yet to receive it.

dennisj

dennisjArlparra

For a small item my whole experience was as smooth as clockwork.

I needed a small item (a prescription insert for sports sunglasses) from a supplier in the US who did not ship to Aust. The item took 9 calendar days to get to the Shopmate warehouse in the US. It then took a further 15 calendar days to get to me in central Australia. Based on my experience with other international orders, this was very timely. The shopmate fee was AU$40 which was also very reasonable. I'd read a lot of the negative reviews here, but still decided to give Shopmate a go, and I'm very satisfied with the result.

Alex R

Alex RSydney, NSW

Shopmate lost an expensive parcel, had very poor customer service - definitely would not recommend

kizz j.

kizz j.

Great service for small/medium parcels

I've done 3 orders in the past year and every time the shipping has been faster than estimated and never had any issues. Follow the instructions, pay the fee, send the invoice and follow australia post guidelines to what can and can't be shipped as well as package sizes and you won't have any issues. I haven't used any other service as I send to a parcel locker, but in my experience, good as gold!

Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for your review Kizz :) I'm glad your experiences with us have been all good and hope your future parcels arrive well too! Have a good one!!

Use literally any other service. Appalling customer service, terrible interface, very slow

Joel
Joel
Ben S.

Ben S.Sydney, NSW

Shopmate is not a Good Friend

Bianca88

Bianca88South East Queensland, QLD

AVOID THIS SERVICE!!!

Don't tell you that if you pay your shipping fee and the package is split they cannot consolidate your package - absolutely lazy service, just because it's in another area, apparently they can't go and get your package and put it in one. Also charge through the roof!!!! Then there are fees for everything fee for disposing fee for forwarding fee for package inspection FEE FEE FEE! They offer no alternatives for items they deem dangerous but apparently if you have a special permit this is suddenly not an issue and goods can be sent. Will never recommend or use this service again. MyUS will now get my service and I will make sure to always recommend MyUS!

Jot

Jot

Poor expensive service. Does not bundle Items

Recently made five purchases in the USA which were sent to Shop Mate to be sent as one parcel.
Charged the exorbitant rate of $488 to ship the items which were sent as six different parcels and arrived via four different delivery drivers. They did not bundle the items as requested. Avoid at all cost and I will will use My US in the future who charge less than half that for a superior service.

Sender or ReceiverSender
Ian

IanCentral West, NSW

Total nightmare. Do not trust this 3rd party company of Australia Post

So made an order and trusted Australia Post would be able to handle it. Check the terms and conditions and read them and there was no issue with my product, which is shipped regularly via DHL and is legal in Australia. Long story short, they refused to ship it, claiming it is restricted, but not listed in T&Cs. They showed me the link, which was hidden on the site and not in their T&Cs. Decided to get it sent to another provider, less than 1km and they want $35 to release it. Scammers

Edit: They now have put the costs up to $48 for postage and refuse to release the order and will not allow me to pay. Now with Postal Ombudsmans.

Delivery TimeNever Collected
Viktor

ViktorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service at acceptable price

I ordered a powered car subwoofer from the US on 25/11/2020. It arrived at Shopmate's facility in the US on 9/12. I immediately paid the fee and sent them the invoice. Next day they sent me a confirmation that my parcel has been shipped. The estimated delivery date was 17/12-21/12. Australia Post's tracking number wasn't working until 20/12. I received the parcel on 22/12. It was a minimal delay of just one day. I can only recommend this service!

EllyPerth, WA

Total rip off . (update, eventually admitted to overcharging after i sent photos and was refunded, not easy to get)

For some reason it said my package weight was 5kg but i was being charged 12kg. As is a Christmas gift i agreed rather than send back and miss Christmas.
Package is late and wont be here for Christmas even though it said it would be.
Package is some clothing and back pack.
I used planet express before to ship a triple pram ( 2 large boxes) and was only slightly more than this.
I thought i would do the right thing and support an Australia company and it has cost me hundreds.
Also no tracking just says sent. I could watch the American service moving across the country.
Will never use again.
Very disappointing

3.5
Tiana

Tiana

Pleasantly Surprised

Reading these reviews I thought "oh no i'll never get my parcel", however my experience with Shopmate has been great!
10th December - Item Arrives in Shopmate warehouse, I receive an email and pay the invoice
12th December - Item ships from USA warehouse
18th December - Item arrives in Sydney and clears customs
21st December - Item delivered

I'm still amazed at how quickly my parcel arrived, especially given this is peak Christmas time but it happened. Amazing service!
The only annoying thing is that you are charged shipping by cubic weight rather than actual weight BUT that is clearly stated on the Shopmate website so it's no surprise.

If you need an item from the USA that you can't get in Australia, Shopmate is a great service.

Daskarzine

DaskarzineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I should have checked the reviews first - DON'T USE!!!

Horrible communication. Pricing is way too high. They have no idea where the package is, that THEY sent. Australia Post...... Impossible to deal with and they have absolutely no idea!!!

Very ordinary service

Like a previous reviewer posted my product was deemed dangerous (water based paint) so lost my money on the purchase.
Would certainly not recommend this service at all and can understand it's lowly rating.

rodeocowboy
rodeocowboy
Ellen

Ellen

Cumbersome process and useless package consolidation

Sender or ReceiverSender
Kayla H.

Kayla H.South East Queensland, QLD

Expensive, don't care about customers.

Refused to send my Amazon order because it was a charging pack and labeled "Dangerous".
We had to pay to ship it to a friend in the US. Was charge $40AU just to mail it back within the US. Then had to pay for our friend to send it to us. Ended up paying more in shipping than the product is worth.
This was supposed to be my Christmas present for my husband. It won't arrive on time and will end up costing twice as much as what I paid for the product.
Customer service don't care.

nik

nikSouthwest, VIC

Disgusting service

Do not use this service, you will not receive your items, Auspost continue to deny that my parcel was delivered even though there is proof of delivery from the USPS, I wish I had read the great number of bad reviews this service gets, I though Auspost, mah, should be ok, and that is very far from the truth.
I am now trying to get $150 AUD returned to me due to Auspost losing my parcel.
The customer service just keeps fobbing you off, they are unwilling to help and make false claims.
I never received my goods and am out of pocket due to this shockingly poor service.

Evelyn R.

Evelyn R.asked

Shopmate

My package from my forwarding address in the US has said “it’s being prepared” since Dec 7, it is now Dec 11! This is a Christmas present and the tracking says est. arrival Dec 15!! That’s not going to happy if it hasn’t even left the US yet! Can you please tell me if it has in fact left the US yet? (It says packages will be shipped within 3 business days!)

My tracking is: 00093493040003950054

Hey Evelyn,

Being prepared means we haven't got the parcel yet so if that's the case, best to always follow up with your sender directly, especially if they are shipping it to Australia using some other forwarding or logistics company.

Looks like 00093493040003950054 has now actually been posted with us on Saturday though so will now be in transit to you though the post. The tracking indicates it was posted with us up in Sydney and it looks like you're in Victoria. Parcels travelling that distance are currently estimated to take up to around a week so I'd expect this to reach you by early next week if not earlier.

Makasked

Hi Shopmate,

I intend to buy an iPhone 12 Pro directly from the US Apple Store. The cost is USD$1,299.
May I know if I will have to pay any import duty and inspection fees (in addition to insurance, freight and GST)?

If so, how much will each the duty and inspection fees be? Please let me know. Thanks!

Regards-

Hi Mak,

I recommend looking on the Australia Border Force website for more info on this here is the link - https://www.abf.gov.au/buying-online/buying-online

Hope this helps!

This page is monitored Monday - Friday and if you require an update sooner we recommend speaking to our Social Media Team on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/australiapost/ & Twitter https://twitter.com/auspost that are available 24/7. Alternatively you can call us on 13 7678 (Mon - Fri) or live chat with someone - https://auspost.com.au/help-and-support

Mak

Hi Priscilla, why can’t you just give a straight answer instead of referring me to Australia Border Force (since you are the expert in this field)?

When I buy from Amazon in the past, they handled every on customers’ behalf, we don’t have to deal with the Australia Border Force.

Hi Mak,

I see you were addressing your post to the Shopmate team, they do not monitor the Product Review website however you can reach them on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday or email at shopmate@auspost.com.au

The shipping rates through Shopmate are available here: https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-rates/shipping-rates

The Shopmate team may be able to provide you with some further general advice but ABF will be the best point of contact for any information regarding import duties or taxes charged on goods imported into Australia.

Yvette

Yvetteasked

Shopmate

Hello, I am being told that my item is “pending assessment from us” so I cannot pay. At the same time, I have been sent an email from ShopMate saying I have 7d left to pay. Can you please help? The tracking number is 1ZW5W0991356396988

Hi Yvette,

Please speak to our Shopmate so they can assist you further with this.

Here are their contact details - https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/help-and-support/get-in-touch

Thanks!