3.2

Leonie

LeonieSydney, NSW

Would never use Australia post or covermore

DestinationAustralia
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
unhappy Ron

unhappy RonSouth East Queensland, QLD

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

I would give them one star for ease of taking your money then no stars for service.
I have phoned countless times and emailed just as many with only one generic reply which didn't help me at all. I can't say they are a bad company because I can't put my claim through to judge their performance.
If Australia Post Travel Insurance is reading this PLEASE improve your service

WM

WMWaramanga 2611, ACT

Excellent service and very good value for money

Find out how Australia Post Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Will never use them again. Offer a crap service.

Wouldn’t accept claim when trip was cancelled due to COVIDSafe 19 and wouldn’t issue a refund for payment of travel insurance, when trip never went ahead and wouldn’t accept claim.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Conny

ConnySydney Surrounds, NSW

Trip to Cairns

Very happy I have had my claim approved for missed trip to Cairns (flight and accommodation). I have used Australia Post travel insurance before, never made a claim - until now. Good communication via E-mail. Thank you.

DestinationAustralia
Peter

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Australia Post Travel Insurance excellent service

My wife became ill in Bali with Influenza, owing to the build up of the Covid 19 situation we were unable to get suitable help and cancelled our holiday early to head home for medical care.. Australia Post were excellent in their understanding and the claim for unused accommodation costs and the costs associated in changing flights etc were paid for. All it took was for a little documentation to justify the claim and it was settled. Thanks again Australia Post ...certainly worthwhile cover.

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Warning; Australia Post Travel Insurance = TERRIBLE.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Max Kerley

Max KerleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Read every single word of the PDS to avoid disappointment

Type of ClaimMedical and Other

The Worst Travel Insurance

I made a claim for cancellation of travel to Europe on account of coronavirus. I was told after a very long time that my insurance doesn't cover pandemic. My loss was $10,000. I bought the policy in January 2020 and we were to travel in April 2020. I did not anticipate a pandemic situation when I bought the policy. What is the use of a policy when it doesn't cover unexpected events? Further, my travel agency went into liquidation and Australia Post informed me that travel insurance doesn't cover the loss in case of liquidation. Australia post always has an excuse when it comes to honouring a claim. This is lousy and inconsiderate service. I shall never recommend Australia Post to anyone for travel insurance.

Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child, Senior and Teenager

lou

louPerth, WA

Very Disappointing Service

Bought an annual policy but due to corona virus cannot travel. Asked for refund for remaining 6 months of policy but told I am not entitled because I used the policy in October last year for 5 day holiday. I thought the whole idea of annual policy was so you were covered all year. Won't ever use Post Office Insurance again.

Type of ClaimOther
Shell

ShellNew South Wales

Unethical, neglecting to treat customers with any respect

Well worth purchasing

Excellent! We had cancellation as an extra, and due to my asthma we couldn’t travel; and they paid the full amount within 3 days of the claim being approved. Really happy with how quick & easy it happened.

MatyD

MatyD

Don't bother even tho they offer a money back guarantee

Australia Post travel offers a money back guarantee but are absolutely Impossible to contact to claim it. Numerous emails and phone calls are not answered, been trying to contact them for weeks as travel plans have obviously changed. Wont bother again.
Update - Finally got hold of someone on the phone. Requested a refund, was not given the full amount which I thought was quite rude considering I've wasted hours ringing and emailing. Will write this off as a learning experience.

Kathryn

KathrynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never again

For over a month I have tried to contact aus post travel insurance. I have tried online, emails, calls. We always use them and never again! Please don’t make the same mistake we did, find another company. I’m still waiting, I’m patient but over 15 hours of my life now wasted for nothing. Don’t even bother with the online chats. They are a joke.

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Bloody useless

This policy turned out to be not worth one cent. Arrived in China a week before the virus was public knowledge. Had to buy additional tickets at $6000 to get family home, Singapore Air refused refund on dishonoured travel, had to stay overnight in HK and again in Melbourne on the way home to Perth. Not one cent was covered by this "comprehensive international" policy - neatly covered by policy exclusions. Absolute crap policy - these are the reasons people buy travel insurance; its not an exclusions game.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child

MAREEMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unable to contact Australia post insurance

I have used Australia post insurance for many trips and have been very happy
As I’m about to go on another trip in 4 weeks I have been unable to contact Australia Post Insurance dispute phoning on 5 occasions waiting over 3 hours on hold
Have also sent an email with no responses
Would just like to speak about my cover and the Coronavirus
I understand they are busy at the moment but how do I contact them ????

MAREE

I have now received an email from Australia Post travel insurance regarding my policy

Bribie 3

Bribie 3South East Queensland, QLD

Very eficient and very helpful

We have insured with Australia Post previously but this was our first experience in making a claim. The staff were very helpful, with Registered Nures telephoning us on two occasions while my wife was receiving medical assistance during our Thailand trip. They provided guidance and advice to ensure my wife was fit to travel s well as advice to ensure we had necessary reports to support our claim for medical expenses.
We could not have asked for more helpful advice. Our claim was settled very quickly once we submitted the supporting documentation upon our return.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Allan

AllanMid North Coast, NSW

Claim for wife's visit ships doctor

Lodging claim was very simple online & was resolved within the time frame of 10 days. This is my first time with Australia Post Travel Insurance. But will not be the last.

DestinationNew Zealand
Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Wendy

WendyCentral Queensland, QLD

Peace of Mind Travel Insurance

Policy was very good value for money and I listed pre existing conditions in original application.
A migraine on our cruise on a US ship cost us more than our cruise. Travel insurance paid out our costs. Will use them again,

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Jenny MomirovskaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never use this company

Post office travel insurance have caused me nothing but stress. I was diagnosed with cancer 4 days before I was due to travel. I sent in all the appropriate information regarding the diagnosis. The company has sent a form to my doctor asking for my full medical history. Surely me sending the results of my tests along with pictures confirming the diagnosis would be enough to say that i was unaware that i was sick when I took out the policy. My trip was booked for the end of September and I have still not been reimbursed and don't know when I will. Never again post office travel insurance.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateOctober 2019
Australia Post
Priscila L.Australia Post
Australia Post
Priscila L.Australia Post

So sorry about this Jenny, have you been in touch with them recently to find out what's going on?

Priscila

Shell

Shellasked

Travel Insurance

We were due to fly out on 14th April and I have made numerous attempts to contact someone to cancel our policy as there are travel bans restricting our plans. I have been unable to speak to anyone, despite holding for hours on several occasions, and I have sent several emails. On Easter Sunday I had a call from Travel insurance partners who told me if I cancelled I would lose almost $80 as I was out of my change of mind period. I stressed the fact that the government had banned all travel, I didn’t change my mind, so I was told I could change the dates but I would have to pay more. I gave a few dates to get an indication of how much and it was almost double my original policy cost. I then said when will it not have extra charges, and was told even a policy for one day would be $25 for the day, and it would continue to increase with each day added. This is for a policy that I have already bought!! Seriously?? I then was told that she could make a special request for a full refund but she didn’t have high hopes and she wouldn’t be able to get back to me with a response until Easter Tuesday, two days after the phone call. I asked her to do that. I haven’t heard back, I have phoned several times,I have emailed several times, to a couple of different emails, and am now very angry about the whole situation. It’s disgusting that you aren’t prepared to give a refund, but to just ignore phone calls and emails while you sit on my money for doing nothing is unethical and appalling. I bought my policy and paid for it online, you have done absolutely nothing and have no right to keep my money.
I have used your insurance for many years but unless I get a full refund in the next couple of days I will be making sure that I will be telling everyone how you have neglected your duty of care to your customers.please contact me urgently.

Taina Suokallio

Taina Suokallioasked

Travel Insurance

I was due to fly to Bali tomorrow 22.04.20 with Virgin airlines. Now the airline has gone into receivership. Does my travel insurance cover this. My reference : 4403990139752

Neil

Neilasked

Travel Insurance

MY wife and I took out insurance for a SINGAPORE trip in AUGUST. 2019 for trip starting 5 MAY 2020. As all travel is now impossible am I entitled to a refund ? Have spent many hours on the phone over the last 3 weeks trying to speak to a rep about this but have been put on hold for hours. PLEASE REPLY .ASAP neilynshute @bigpond . com

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives