Allan

AllanMid North Coast, NSW

Claim for wife's visit ships doctor

Lodging claim was very simple online & was resolved within the time frame of 10 days. This is my first time with Australia Post Travel Insurance. But will not be the last.

DestinationNew Zealand
Type of ClaimOther

Peace of Mind Travel Insurance

Policy was very good value for money and I listed pre existing conditions in original application.
A migraine on our cruise on a US ship cost us more than our cruise. Travel insurance paid out our costs. Will use them again,

Jenny MomirovskaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never use this company

Post office travel insurance have caused me nothing but stress. I was diagnosed with cancer 4 days before I was due to travel. I sent in all the appropriate information regarding the diagnosis. The company has sent a form to my doctor asking for my full medical history. Surely me sending the results of my tests along with pictures confirming the diagnosis would be enough to say that i was unaware that i was sick when I took out the policy. My trip was booked for the end of September and I have still not been reimbursed and don't know when I will. Never again post office travel insurance.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

So sorry about this Jenny, have you been in touch with them recently to find out what's going on?

Libby

LibbyMid North Coast, NSW

Exceeded our expectations

Having planned our overseas trip over 12 mths ago, we had very unexpected news only 5 days into our trip! My husbands father had passed away suddenly. We had to return home, leaving two thirds of our trip uncompleted. We submitted our claim through our travel agent & we received a full refund for the unused portion of our trip. Australia Post Travel Ins kept us well informed as to where our claim was up to & settled our claim quite swiftly. We have used them a couple of times now & would not hesitate to recommend them. Thank you Australia Post Travel Insurance

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Libby!!

Priscila :)

Phillip L.

Phillip L.

What a bunch of damn scammers!

Despite the fact that my claim was legitimate and totaled over $250, these butt wipes only accepted the claim as being $137. which they took $100 of for excess! Damn thieves!!! I will never insure with these lying, thieving fools again. Don't use them!!

Nannie RNorth Queensland, QLD

Exceeded our expectations

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateNovember 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us. I'm so glad it was such an easy process and please do tell your friends and family!

Nannie R

Absolutely Priscila. We will be singing your praises from the rooftops.

Petg

PetgGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Travel claim

We were very happy with this insurance. Our claim was considered and paid in a timely manner. They were understanding and easy to deal with. Would highly recommend this insurance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks for taking the time to share your review with us Petg, great to read that you were happy with this, tell your friends and family :)

Steve Y - ExArmyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic - Easy to Obtain before Travelling, Easy to Claim and Claim Processed Quickly

Highly Recommend - Great Value
The policy was easy to obtain online before travelling overseas.
It was very easy to submit a claim online upon my return and the claim was processed quickly.

DestinationNew Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim DateOctober 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks for your review Steve, it means a lot :)

IvanSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Australia Post multi had no insolvency cover . beware Claim suited to Cover more . Excess $250 instead of $100.

Yes at first it was easy. Deceptive. Claim sent to Cover more . No info to me. Double excess . Paid half claim.cannot contact them. I have gone to the Ombudsman now.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Grandma

GrandmaWestern District, VIC

Great Service - A Complete Surprise

austpost

austpostMurray Region, NSW

Misrepresentation australia post are not a travel insurance company

I purchased this insurance from auspost travel insurance because of their reputation little did I know I would be shunted of to a company like 'covermore".
I gave my medical details to someone purporting to be from auspost I paid my money to someone purporting to be from auspost but when I had a claim where were auspost nowhere to be seen I was to my shock and horror dealing with covermore. A Company in the news for all the wrong reasons and I would suggest struggling for business having to trap customers under the auspost banner
Never again with aus post for anything and absolutely never covermore.
So beware just make sure who you are dealing with

Sleaf1

Sleaf1Brisbane

Good value, prompt refund

I have used this insurance many times when travelling. It is good value. For the first time, I had to make a small claim (medical). Process for refund was quick and simple (all online). Refunded with no problems shortly after. Would recommend.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks for the great review, glad to hear making a claim was an easy and quick process!

Priscila :)

Jane

JaneHobart, TAS

Swift Response

We had to cancel an interstate trip due to illness. The only delay was due to me not submitting the medical certificate correctly. Once Australia Post received it we had no problems. Thanks for the swift refund.

DestinationAustralia
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Priscila L.Australia Post

That's awesome to hear Jane, hope your trip can be rescheduled though some time in the future though :)

Robert Gardiner

Robert GardinerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Insurance where you get what you paid for.

Excellent product. We've used Aust. Post travel insurance for a number of years but this is the first time we've made a claim - two, in fact, one a minor medical claim and the other for a replacement suitcase after the existing one was irreparably damaged by baggage handlers. The claims process was straight forward and both claims accepted and finalised within ten days. In an age where insurance claims are contested more often than not, this was a very pleasant surprise. We highly recommend Aust. Post travel insurance.

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
Priscila L.Australia Post

That's great to hear Robert, thanks for sharing this with us! Tell your friends :)

Fast response

Customer services and claims are very fast and easy. When you have got panic from overseas travel they will help you. highly recommend to everyone include my friends as well :)

Type of ClaimPersonal Liability
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJune 2019
Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Priscila L.Australia Post

Awesome to hear that we were able to take the stress away whilst you're travelling, please spread the word and enjoy your holiday.

Greg

GregSouthern and Hills, SA

Never Again - you will need to take out insurance to protect you from their nsurance policy.

Decided to try Post Office Insurance. Usually use Covermore. Our trip to Sri Lanka was cancelled by Trip A Deal who credited our trip along with the cost of the Visas. This was after the Aust. Government issued a level 5, dont travel to Sri Lankawarning. However Post Office Insurance refused to credit of deter our Travel insurance because we had passed our cooling off period. We didn't travel as a result of having the trip cancelled, if we did travel and were injured as a result of the civil unrest, according to the contract, we would not have been covered. Also, try ringing their contact number. Good luck with the excessive wait.
Would never consider using again.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess

Cat S.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Still waiting

Submitted a claim on April 1 as my former partner and father to my children died suddenly. We had a house to empty, a funeral to arrange and grief to deal with so did not take our trip. Despite my former partner not being on my policy or part of my trip, his death has sparked an investigation into his medical history and AusPost want full access to his medical records. I don't understand how this is relevant. I went with AusPost as the price was good and I worked for them at the time. I would not recommend them as Travel Insurers.

Claim DateApril 2019
Cat S.

This was two weeks ago Sami and I have not heard anything.

Keith

KeithSouth East Queensland, QLD

If anyone has trouble with the claim procedure it's probably because they haven't provided the correct information.

I've used travel insurance for years and never made any claims. I've used this one twice and, unfortunately, needed to make a claim. It was dealt with very quickly and politely. Well done.

PeterHobart, TAS

Took a lot of effort on my behalf to get it approved

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Yes, that would be ok.

Adrian W

Adrian WHunter Region, NSW

Excellent Travel Insurance

I had a claim for hospital and accommodation expenses whilst on holidays in Vietnam. Had to extend my stay for a further 12 days. I found them very professional and supportive, to my wife and myself. My claim was approved and paid within the 10 days with no hassles.
Great value, and will definitely be using them again in the future, and recommending them to my friends.