Steve Y - ExArmy

Steve Y - ExArmyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic - Easy to Obtain before Travelling, Easy to Claim and Claim Processed Quickly

Highly Recommend - Great Value
The policy was easy to obtain online before travelling overseas.
It was very easy to submit a claim online upon my return and the claim was processed quickly.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNew Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim DateOctober 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks for your review Steve, it means a lot :)

Ivan

IvanSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Australia Post multi had no insolvency cover . beware Claim suited to Cover more . Excess $250 instead of $100.

Yes at first it was easy. Deceptive. Claim sent to Cover more . No info to me. Double excess . Paid half claim.cannot contact them. I have gone to the Ombudsman now.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Grandma

GrandmaWestern District, VIC

Great Service - A Complete Surprise

Claim DateSeptember 2019
austpost

austpostMurray Region, NSW

Misrepresentation australia post are not a travel insurance company

I purchased this insurance from auspost travel insurance because of their reputation little did I know I would be shunted of to a company like 'covermore".
I gave my medical details to someone purporting to be from auspost I paid my money to someone purporting to be from auspost but when I had a claim where were auspost nowhere to be seen I was to my shock and horror dealing with covermore. A Company in the news for all the wrong reasons and I would suggest struggling for business having to trap customers under the auspost banner
Never again with aus post for anything and absolutely never covermore.
So beware just make sure who you are dealing with

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Sleaf1

Sleaf1Brisbane

Good value, prompt refund

I have used this insurance many times when travelling. It is good value. For the first time, I had to make a small claim (medical). Process for refund was quick and simple (all online). Refunded with no problems shortly after. Would recommend.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks for the great review, glad to hear making a claim was an easy and quick process!

Priscila :)

Jane

JaneHobart, TAS

Swift Response

We had to cancel an interstate trip due to illness. The only delay was due to me not submitting the medical certificate correctly. Once Australia Post received it we had no problems. Thanks for the swift refund.

DestinationAustralia
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Priscila L.Australia Post

That's awesome to hear Jane, hope your trip can be rescheduled though some time in the future though :)

Robert GardinerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Insurance where you get what you paid for.

Excellent product. We've used Aust. Post travel insurance for a number of years but this is the first time we've made a claim - two, in fact, one a minor medical claim and the other for a replacement suitcase after the existing one was irreparably damaged by baggage handlers. The claims process was straight forward and both claims accepted and finalised within ten days. In an age where insurance claims are contested more often than not, this was a very pleasant surprise. We highly recommend Aust. Post travel insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeNo
Priscila L.Australia Post

That's great to hear Robert, thanks for sharing this with us! Tell your friends :)

Fast response

Customer services and claims are very fast and easy. When you have got panic from overseas travel they will help you. highly recommend to everyone include my friends as well :)

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimPersonal Liability
Claim DateJune 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Awesome to hear that we were able to take the stress away whilst you're travelling, please spread the word and enjoy your holiday.

Greg

GregSouthern and Hills, SA

Never Again - you will need to take out insurance to protect you from their nsurance policy.

Decided to try Post Office Insurance. Usually use Covermore. Our trip to Sri Lanka was cancelled by Trip A Deal who credited our trip along with the cost of the Visas. This was after the Aust. Government issued a level 5, dont travel to Sri Lankawarning. However Post Office Insurance refused to credit of deter our Travel insurance because we had passed our cooling off period. We didn't travel as a result of having the trip cancelled, if we did travel and were injured as a result of the civil unrest, according to the contract, we would not have been covered. Also, try ringing their contact number. Good luck with the excessive wait.
Would never consider using again.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess

Cat S.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Still waiting

Submitted a claim on April 1 as my former partner and father to my children died suddenly. We had a house to empty, a funeral to arrange and grief to deal with so did not take our trip. Despite my former partner not being on my policy or part of my trip, his death has sparked an investigation into his medical history and AusPost want full access to his medical records. I don't understand how this is relevant. I went with AusPost as the price was good and I worked for them at the time. I would not recommend them as Travel Insurers.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateApril 2019
Cat S.

This was two weeks ago Sami and I have not heard anything.

Keith

KeithSouth East Queensland, QLD

If anyone has trouble with the claim procedure it's probably because they haven't provided the correct information.

I've used travel insurance for years and never made any claims. I've used this one twice and, unfortunately, needed to make a claim. It was dealt with very quickly and politely. Well done.

PeterHobart, TAS

Took a lot of effort on my behalf to get it approved

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Yes, that would be ok.

Adrian W

Adrian WHunter Region, NSW

Excellent Travel Insurance

I had a claim for hospital and accommodation expenses whilst on holidays in Vietnam. Had to extend my stay for a further 12 days. I found them very professional and supportive, to my wife and myself. My claim was approved and paid within the 10 days with no hassles.
Great value, and will definitely be using them again in the future, and recommending them to my friends.

Prompt Settlement of Claim

Sami M.Australia Post

Poor response when claims are submitted

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
jennifer

jenniferHunter Region, NSW

good value for money

good value-and just a phone call to set up, and they sent a reminder when our yearly policy was up
Submitted claim on 25 Feb and received payment on 19 March
Three times

Steve Pope

Steve PopeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Insurance Company to Use

it seems strange Praising an Insurance Company, But there you go.

Unbelievable service, being stuck in Bali they helped me all through the process

Prompt acknowledgment of all correspondence, And extremely fast Payment.

Great Work Aussie Post.

Hey Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your experience. It sucks to hear you were stuck in Bali but it's great to hear we were able to help out and make thinks easy for you.

Elisha

ElishaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Travel Insurance

Very happy with the service and great value for money. Lodged my claim and was approved the very next day and then had the money in my account the next. Will definitely use again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Claire M

Claire MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Professional, quick & value for money

The policy was good value and extremely easy to set up. When contacting the service, I found them to be quick, professional and great follow-up. Definitely would use them again.

Richard

RichardPerth, WA

No fussed claims.

Lost my prescription lens along the waves of Bali, I filed for a police report and attached my purchased receipts on the items. I've read the PDS first before initiating any claims, that way we wouldn't be disappointed if our claim isn't validated.

Penny D.

Penny D.asked

I had to cancel a travel insurance with you & couldn't get a refund from you - what I would like to know is that now that I am able to go on my cruise is it possible to have that unused policy transferred to my new travel date
Kind regards Robert

Hi Penny,

Please reach out to our team on 1300 728 015 so they can help you with your question :)

jeff townsend

jeff townsendasked

travelling overseas in September want to know if helicopter flights, one in Iceland, one Grand Canyon USA or covered under policy or do I need to take out extra cover. jeff townsend

Robert Gardiner

I'm not sure about that Jeff as we didn't do any helicopter flights and I didn't pay attention to that. There were policy add-ons for various higher risk activities but I don't recall helicopter flights being one of them. The info will be in the PDS though and you can probably download that from the website.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Hi Jeff, just replied to your other question :)

jeff townsend

jeff townsendasked

We already have year long travel insurance and wanted to know for my next trip I am doing two helicopter flights, one Nepal and one USA, Arizona to the Colorado river Grand canyon. Do I need to take extra cover for these flights? OR can I take out extra cover to cover these flights? Jeff Townsend. [details removed] Thanks jeff

Hi Jeff,

Recommend speaking to our Travel Insurance team on 1300 728 015 so they can give you accurate info on this, you can get an online quote here - https://auspost.com.au/travel-insurance

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives

Australia Post Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan (Single Trip)

Australia Post Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan (Single Trip)

No reviews
Australia Post Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan (Annual Multi-Trip)

Australia Post Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan (Annual Multi-Trip)

No reviews
Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Basic Plan (Single Trip)

Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Basic Plan (Single Trip)

1 review
Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Basic Plan (Annual Multi-Trip)

Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Basic Plan (Annual Multi-Trip)

No reviews
Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan (Single Trip)

Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan (Annual Multi-Trip)

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 728 0151300 728 0151300 728 0151300 728 0151300 728 0151300 728 015
Email Address auspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.auauspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.auauspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.auauspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.auauspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.auauspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNoNo
UnderwriterZurichZurichZurichZurichZurichZurich
Maximum Age Covered 101 years old101 years old101 years old101 years old101 years old101 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Not IncludedNot IncludedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$10,000$10,000$10,000$10,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency DentalNot IncludedNot IncludedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000$5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$10,000$10,000
Permanent Disability$10,000$10,000$10,000$10,000$25,000$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$750$750
Credit Card Fraud$4,000$4,000Not IncludedNot Included$5,000$5,000
Travel Documents / Passport $4,000$4,000Not IncludedNot Included$5,000$5,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $500$500Not IncludedNot Included$3,500$3,500
Luggage & Personal Effects $4,000$4,000Not IncludedNot Included$7,500$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess $3,000$3,000Not IncludedNot Included$3,000$3,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 200ccIncluded up to 200ccIncluded up to 200ccIncluded up to 200ccIncluded up to 200ccIncluded up to 200cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Adventure IncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra