Australia Post Travel Insurance

Australia Post Travel Insurance

Excellent Travel Insurance

I had a claim for hospital and accommodation expenses whilst on holidays in Vietnam. Had to extend my stay for a further 12 days. I found them very professional and supportive, to my wife and myself. My claim was approved and paid within the 10 days with no hassles.
Great value, and will definitely be using them again in the future, and recommending them to my friends.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Hey Adrian, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your experience with the Travel Insurance service. It's not great to hear that you had to visit the hospital while on your trip in Vietnam but I'm glad to hear we were able to help support you. ~Sami

Prompt Settlement of Claim

My wife and I are in our late seventies and like so many people I take blood thinning medication. Australia Post is one of the few Travel Insurers that will cover me. We took out Travel Insurance for a 10 day cruise to New Zealand and connecting flights. The policy was easy to set up over the phone. As a result of an accident requiring hospitalisation, we were forced to cancel a short time before sailing. We submitted our claim with relevant documentation and received notice of settlement within a very short time with a very satisfactory and prompt outcome. We have used Australia Post Travel Insurance on three occasions and had a small claim for medical expenses previously, this was also promptly and satisfactorily settled.
We would certainly use Australia Post again.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Hey Peter, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm glad to hear you are okay not and that the situation didn't have any more added stress with the policy you picked helping you out. We wish you a great Easter break. ~Sami

Poor response when claims are submitted

I spent over $300 on my 15 days travel insurance that appeared to be the best coverage in the world. But when I submitted a tiny claim, there was no response. I followed up 3 times in the next 45 days and finally got a response that due to excess clause my claim wasn't covered. Excess clause is totally acceptable (which I missed out while reading the policy), but should we pay money to someone with that attitude? What if I had major health issues during my travel, would they wait for me to die?

What really annoyed me was that I bought the insurance from Australia Post. But I had to do all the follow up with a redirected "Travel Insurance Partners" that could be an overseas company run by a 'Nigerian prince'.

I feel for the people who are not responsible for any of these but have to reply to these sort of complains. And to those people, don't care about me. I will never buy any policy from Australia Post ever again.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Hey Tau, I know this way of doing things isn't ideal and it is really annoying calling up one number only to be told it's wrong and you get transferred, sometimes without being provided the number you needed in the first place. I've gotten in touch with one of the managers for the Travel Insurance product that works with us here at Australia post and he is going to help have all of this looked into further for you. I've sent you a message for some more details that'll help him proceed. ~Sami

good value for money

good value-and just a phone call to set up, and they sent a reminder when our yearly policy was up
Submitted claim on 25 Feb and received payment on 19 March
Three times

DestinationEurope
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Hey Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to to share your feedback with us, it's great to hear. ~Sami

The Insurance Company to Use

it seems strange Praising an Insurance Company, But there you go.

Unbelievable service, being stuck in Bali they helped me all through the process

Prompt acknowledgment of all correspondence, And extremely fast Payment.

Great Work Aussie Post.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hey Steve, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your experience. It sucks to hear you were stuck in Bali but it's great to hear we were able to help out and make thinks easy for you.

Great Travel Insurance

Very happy with the service and great value for money. Lodged my claim and was approved the very next day and then had the money in my account the next. Will definitely use again.

DestinationNorth America
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim ApprovedYes
Hey Elisha, Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad to hear everything was so quick for you. ~Sami

Professional, quick & value for money

The policy was good value and extremely easy to set up. When contacting the service, I found them to be quick, professional and great follow-up. Definitely would use them again.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hey Claire, It's great to hear that you have had such a great experience with this service. Thanks for letting us know. ~Sami

No fussed claims.

Lost my prescription lens along the waves of Bali, I filed for a police report and attached my purchased receipts on the items. I've read the PDS first before initiating any claims, that way we wouldn't be disappointed if our claim isn't validated.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim ApprovedYes
Hey Richard, It sucks to hear that you lost your lens while in Bali. I'm glad to hear you have no issues with your claim and I thank you for sharing this feedback with us. ~Sami

No issues or hassles

Had unexpected accident while on my cruise. Had my claim approved with no issues or hassles and within the 10 days they stated. Will definitely will use them in the future, easy online method, especially since my injury made partially immobile. Great value for money.

DestinationAustralia/Oceania
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Hey Margaret, I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected accident, I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad to hear that you had no added stress with making your claim after the accident and we thank you for sharing your feedback with us. ~Sami

When I needed them, they were there

It is hard to rate an insurance, until you use it. Well, I went overseas, ended up with a big medical bill. I came back and got refund as soon as I filled in the simple form, and provided the reasonable evidence they asked me to provide. Very positive experience

Claim DateJune 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hey Raf, This is great to hear, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. ~Sami

Terrible. Do not buy Aust post travel Insurance

I used Aust Post travel insurance November 2018. My flight was delayed due to "Operational requirement" .
I paid for my over night accommodation and Aust post travel insurance refused to pay it. I will Never use Aust post travel insurance again.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hey Ang, I'm sorry to hear that your flight was delayed, I know this can be annoying. I'd like to pass on feedback to our Travel Insurance team so they can follow up further for you so for privacy reasons I have sent you a message for some more details. ~SamiI have forwarded all information

Perfect.

First time user, could not believe how easy is was to claim and how quickly the claim was approved and paid in full.
Will be using Australia Post again on my next trip for sure.
Thank you.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hey Ray, Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We hope you have a great week. ~Sami

Great service, quick to reply, very helpful.

We have used Australia Post Travel insurance 5 times for our worldwide travels, always been very helpful over the phone and explained everything so an old codger like me can easily understand what we are entitled too, unfortunately have had to make a claim and found the process very easy and quick, the people in the office are very helpful and put your mind at ease, we will be travelling in the future and will not hesitate to use them again.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hey George, Thanks for taking the time to share with us your feedback about your experience, we're happy to hear with and glad that you are okay. ~SamiMuch appreciated Sami, have a great Xmas and New Year.

I will be using them again!!

I booked Australia Post Travel Insurance for my trip to Cambodia, however whilst I was over there I got very sick. Australia Post was very helpful and understanding, telling me exactly which hospital to go to and exactly what I needed to tell the doctors when I arrived as it was my first time being sick overseas by myself. Australia Post sorted everything out with the hospital and rang me several times both in hospital and once I arrived back in Australia to ensure I was okay. I'm really grateful to them and especially to the phone staff!!! I would highly recommend Australia Post Travel Insurance.

My word of Advice is to make sure you read the fine print or ring them up to so you know exactly what you're covered for!

Travel Insurance

This is the first time I have used Australia Post Insurance. I had to make a claim and found them efficient, friendly and very helpful.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hey Chez, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your recent experiences with this service. ~Sami

Brilliant Customer Service

This was the second time we have used Australia Post Travel Insurance and the first time we needed to make a claim.

The claims process was very easy and settled within 10 working days, brilliant service no time delays and a big thank you to Aust Post. We will definitely use them again.

Thank you so much.

Barry S

Insurance claim madeYes
Hey Barry S, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your recent experience with our Travel Insurance team. Hopefully you don't have any travel issues again that result in needing to use your insurance but if you do we definitely have your back ^_^ ~Sami

Dishonest quote

Was given 2 quotes when calling 2 different occasions. There was a 70 dollar difference on the same policy. I called to disscuss this issue and couldnt even speak to someone about the terrible customer service.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hey Corbin.M, It's disappointing to hear that you were giving a different quote each time you contacted the Travel Insurance team and that you couldn't speak with someone regarding the service you received. Next time you call the team I recommend asking to speak to a manager regarding the previous service you have received and for some clarification on why the quotes you received were different. ~SamiI did request to speak to a manager. Was told it wasnt possible!

do not use this insurance

Paid for a policy on line to cover a cruise up the Australian coast .Found in the fine print the policy did not cover a cruise .
Rang 3 times to cancel the policy ,told to wait to the next day rang spoke to seven different operators some in the Philippines .I was just passed around , repeated the policy number many many times ,some very rude operators ,the call was for nearly 50 minutes before the policy was cancelled .
Will never use again

Insurance claim madeNo
Hey Rod, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's disappointing to hear that it took so long to cancel your policy after realising it didn't suit your needs. I hope you were able to find a policy better suited to your needs and that your cruise was fantastic! ~Sami

Cant fault them

Used oz post several times now. Just Had my first ever claim and cant fault them from first reporting my accident while over seas to finallizing claim back home. thank you oz post for your guidence while over seas and the support back home. Thank you again.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hey Dave, Thanks for sharing your feedback about your first claim experience! We're glad to hear that everything worked out for you. ~Sami

Recommend this travel insurance for a'll Australians

'Brilliant insurance,found paperwork very easy to complete,they assessed it quickly and after a slight hickup our insurance assesser Edd, who needs a pay rise for his patients and professional approach to helping out a couple of senior citizens brought our claim to a very satisfactory conclusion. Thankyou again Edd and Australia Post. 2nd time clients

Insurance claim madeYes
Hey Lorraine, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we're glad to hear this has worked our well for you ^_^ ~Sami