A place to call our home

When we started this journey 12 months ago, we did not expect this to be a smooth and easy journey as we had heard different stories about building a house. However, looking at our lovely home now, we are so glad that we took a leap of faith and decided to build our first home with B1. It was beyond our expectation, and everyone at B1 has made it possible for our dream to come true.

It started with Colin, our sales rep. Colin won us over with his experience in the field and provided us with a plan that was practical and fitted our budget perfectly. As first home buyers, we didn't know exactly what we wanted, but Colin patiently guided us through the process, gave us a great design for our house (that captures all our wants and needs) and answered all our questions in great details no matter how silly our questions were :).

After signing the contract, we met with Tanya for our pre-start consultation. Tanya had made it as easy as possible for us with her great advice on colour selection and product knowledge. Knowing we had no prior building experiences, she pointed out the practical upgrades that were often missed by those building their first home. When we saw the finished product, we cannot help but think about how much of a difference those extra little things actually made.

Once the construction started, Jess and Wanda gave us weekly updates on the process, so we were always up to date with the build. They were very helpful whenever we had any questions, of which there were a lot.

Matt was our construction supervisor, and he did a superb job with our house. We had an external inspector to check on the construction of the house, and the inspector told us that we had a very, very good build.

Everyone at B1 has made this 12 month process a stress free experience for us. We definitely would recommend B1 to anyone looking to build their dream house!

Thanks so much to B1's team !

Construction End DateJan 2019

Pleasantly surprised! Had the perfect experience.

I had my contract signed in June 2018 , my house foundation poured by B1 Homes around mid Aug 2018. My new house was finished by end of Jan 2019.
During this time, I received nothing but perfect experience. I was quoted a very good price by the sales person. I found Damien Clancy to be extremely helpful and patient. I made him amend the quote several times but Damien made the process so easy for me. I found him very responsive and flexible. But what i loved most about Damien was how he always replied to my calls and e-mails no matter how busy he got. Thank you Damien.
During The Pre-start I was provided with excellent and knowledgeable advice, which I really needed. I took several hours of Tanya's time to check and re-check the contract , the specifications and the selection. Tanya provided me with a world of knowledge and experience which she must have accumulated during her years in the industry. Thank you Tanya
from the moment I was appointed a office liaison officer, my experience became even greater. Jessica provided me with prompt and helpful responses. She guided me and helped me make numerous key decisions. I found Jessica often go beyond her duty to help me with my building project, which i am really grateful for. She made so many issues so much easier to deal with, she guided me to the right decision on so many occasions. I have taken so much of Jessica's time but she never made that a problem. Thank you Jessica.
I then was appointed a Site Supervisor. I honestly did not think I could possibly be given a better and more helpful person. Adrian have been very organised, prompt, helpful, flexible and has a a world of knowledge a bout trade and workmanship. I found Adrian to go beyond his duty so many times to help me with a decision or an issue. I also found Adrian honest and very patient. What I love most about Adrian is how extremely fussy and thorough with workmanship he was. I saw him many times pointing things to me that I am forever grateful to know. He shared his knowledge simply and easily. Thank you Adrian.
Karen from accounts always provided me on time receipts, I never received any delays or issues from accounts. All very organised and transparent. Thank you Karen.
All and all I have received the best service a person new to the building project could possibly receive.
Perfect service
excellent advice
extremely flexible
great prices
real good qualities, perfect finishes
perfect time management co-ordinations and finish delivery
Great workmanship

Flooring
Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateFebruary 2019

What a Journey!

We had an exceptional experience with B1, we were sold on building through B1 from our very first meeting with our Sales Building Consultant Kane, Kane was extremely helpful and catered to our every need, he was super patient with us whilst we were trying to find an secure a block and design our own home which unfortunately took some time and loads of backwards and forwards. Unfortunately we had lots of bank delays and had to change banks before construction started which unfortunately was a terrible experience and left us feeling that the build would probably be as painful as the finance was, but we were pleasantly surprised with an incredibly smooth build process!! If it wasn't for Kane we would have pulled the plug on the build due to all the bank delays we had. Luckily we didn't!

The B1 team throughout our near two year journey have been absolutely amazing, Tanya and then Pam our Pre Start Consultants were fantastic at answering all questions and catering to my Husband who is in the building industry who had loads of his own requirements and standards and must haves. We were then handed over to Jessica who took care of us during construction updating us weekly and answering any build or progress questions immediately, we lived for our weekly Wednesday email update. Our Site Supervisor Adrian and his team where absolutely amazing, we got to meet a few of our builders on site which was really awesome to meet the people that put a huge amount of effort into building our home!! Adrian was absolutely fantastic, he gave us loads of helpful hints and happily endured my endless questions and note taking! Also a big thank you to Karen in accounts for getting all our invoices through super quickly and being patient with our crazily slow bank.

Even though we didn't get the dream house we originally wanted due to frustrating bank delays we are absolutely thrilled with the final product, the immaculate attention to detail and the endless help and assistance we got from the B1 team!!
Thank you so very much for an incredible experience, we greatly appreciate all the time and effort you all gave to us and our first home, Josh and Roxanne

Construction End DateFeb 2019

Good Quality Build

Thanks to the team at B1 Homes for a job well done. The litte issues we've had was dealt with swiftly and professionally. Everything was done according to the specifications. They've maintained their build time guarantee even though our house was completely customised with loads of extras. We love our new home and would reccomend B1 Homes to our family and friends.

Terrible

We made a terrible mistake by deciding to build with this company. Very soon into our build-process we realized that B1 Homes was only interested in getting our money using every possible deceptive means.

Lets start with siteworks. Before signing up and making the initial deposit, we requested the sales rep to thoroughly review our site plans and do a site inspection and give us an accurate quote for siteworks. After doing the site inspection, he quoted us $9,800 for site works. But the trick, which we did not realize at that time, was that he wrote it as a 'PROVISIONAL' sum, which really means they can just increase it as much as they want. Five weeks later, when I went to sign my contract, I discovered that the PROVISIONAL sum for site works had now increased to $12,000. When I asked him why this was, his explanation was that his original quote was based on A-Class site but he went to site again with his boss who took some sand on his hand and based on how the sand 'felt' on his hand he decided that this was probably an S-Class site. What a ridiculous explanation! So, you had five weeks since I signed-up and you still could not do a proper soil test or site survey? What exactly did you do with the $2,000 I paid at initial sign up? When he saw I was not happy that it was still quoted as PROVISIONAL sum, he quickly said that he can guarantee that there is no way siteworks costs will exceed this amount. Unfortunately, I believed him.

Five months later, I was informed that the site survey has now been completed which confirmed that it was in fact an A-Class site! However, the site costs have now increased to $14,400 because the power cabling lines were longer than expected. Well you had all my site plans showing the exact locations of the power dome even before I signed up six months ago. What took you so long to determine the length of cabling required? For a small-sized block like ours, this was a complete rip-off. I think the whole 'PROVISIONAL' sum thing is just a thing they do to lure customers into signing the contract and once they know the customers are locked-in, they just keep increasing it to rip-off the poor first-home buyers. There are several reputed Builders in Perth who now offer fixed-priced siteworks which is the way it should be.

Another shameful way in which B1 will try to rip you off is by trying to impose unnecessary extra charges for utilities and services. In our case, they tried to charge us an extra $4,000 for a Telstra pit that was absolutely not required at all as we had several of these in close proximity to our property. After a long dispute they agreed to withdraw these charges but instead charged $737 for providing "NBN pit and pipe design". When we asked the NBN technician who came to connect our NBN line, he had no idea about any such design or why the Builder charged us for this. B1 now claims this was a subdivision requirement which is also baseless. The subdivision of the block was approved and completed with titles issued long before start of siteworks.

There are other builders who are honest and more reliable and will build you a better house at a lower cost. Stay away from this company!

Construction End DateJun 2018
Hi Sham, I want to apologise for your experience. We set very high expectations for ourselves: that we deliver an enjoyable experience through your journey with us, and for that experience to continue when you move into your new B1 Home. We enjoy a very high success rate with this, but unfortunately we've failed to meet your expectations. I understand your perception and concern around the site costs. They're often the most difficult item to price, but they're also a significant factor in the cost of your home. You're correct, there are builders who fix site costs before they have certainty around those costs, but you'll find plenty of reviews and discussion from clients of other builders who have had their fixed site costs increased. We are very comfortable with the integrity behind your earthworks costs, and with all the facts on the table, we believe they would comfortably pass the "pub test". Increasing costs is never an attractive option, but when all the facts are known, sometimes it's necessary, fair and reasonable. It's unfortunate yours was a situation that had some complications due to the specific nature of your site (primarily the strata subdivision creating higher than normal power & sewer run ins). I have a breakdown of all of the external costs (money we paid trades, contractors, utility companies, your shire etc) that B1 were charged for your site works. Once our standard margin (as per the Contract) and GST have been added, there is very little of the price you paid left to cover our internal costs (staff and overheads involved in co-ordinating the work). I won't list those costs here, but you have them now. I agree with you that the explanation of the site classification changing from A to S based on the feel of the sand, is highly unusual (I'm inclined to use your word, "ridiculous"). I don't believe the classification of the site ever changed, and I'm disappointed and bewildered that you were given that explanation. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find any evidence of this advice/explanation having been given. While your NBN technician may have had no idea about your pit & pipe design, this was a requirement of your subdivision. Once again, we're very comfortable demonstrating why this was a requirement, and an unavoidable cost of building on that site. As we've offered before, we're very keen to make sure you're comfortable with all the concerns you have raised here, and would love the opportunity to sit down and review your costs with you. Please let us know if there's anything you'd like to discuss. Regards, Chris

Top notch!

Initially the design process was very smooth with great advice and a personalized approach. Pre start and selections wer smoothly handled with expert and honest advice. Once the building process commenced he's progressed quickly and efficiently. Some minor frustrations at times with communication, however site was maintained to an impeccable standard throughout and everything progressed on track with what was agreed upon. Very minimal amount of issues at PCI and clear that the workmanship and build quality of the property was exceptional.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Good Afternoon Matthew and Santosha, we are so pleased that you are so happy with your new home, B1 Homes staff members work very hard to make your dream become a reality with minimum of stress. We would like to wish you and your family many happy years in your beautiful new home. We all thank you for your amazing review. Regards Jessica

Wonderful house building experience as a first home buyer.

As a first home buyer, we were quite anxious going into this as we had no clue about construction and building a home. B1 was wonderful at answering all our questions and concerns. Also, we were amazed at how fast everything was built and the quality is above expectations! If we had to point out one issue is that pre-start could have been more informative. As a first home buyer, there were a few things we would have changed had it been highlighted. But at the same time, there were many good recommendations. Given the chance to do it all again we would definitely go with B1 Homes. A big thank you to the team Stacey, Pam, Jessica Matt and Gav!

B1homes-Best building company ever

Very well managed build. We are extremely happy with the workmanship of the build. It's definitely built to the best quality. It's just perfect. Excellent communication throughout the whole building process. Never dreamed of owning a home like what we built for a low cost. B1homes has made that possible and we are extremely grateful for it. B1 homes have really put our best interest first and made this whole process comfortable and easy. I just want to thank the team at B1homes for their excellent service.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Carmen, Thank you so much for your amazing feedback, we are super happy that we have met your expectations plus more. We hope you are enjoying your new home. We wish you all the best for many more years to come. Kind Regards Jessica

Amazing build, amazing customer service!

Everything about our build experience was bang on point! From the initial sale and budget estimate, to the pre-start selection process, to the actual finished product, B1 delivered everything they said they would, exceptionally!! The whole team (Stacy, Pam, Matt) are not only knowledgeable but go well above & beyond to help/advise when needed. B1 will definitely be our first choice when we build our next home.
Thanks so much B1.

Overall a Good Experience

Advantages:
1. We found that B1 homes offers exceptional designs compared to the average market. The interior design was good with a good use of space and maximum allowed zero lot boundary walls.
2. Harry (marketing) spent so much time explaining the building process and driving us around showing many display properties, which was really appreciated. We did have experience with some other companies where the marketing team wouldn’t even bother getting out of the office.
3. We found the built quality is good (however should wait for a couple of months to further observe) but and again the exterior design for that price looks very good. I can easily say that our property stands out of the neighbouring houses which are also brand new.
4. The selection range for the house inclusions was reasonable.
5. A knowledgeable site supervisor,
Things to improve:
1. The construction was delayed by 3 weeks (however we built in a rainy season) and the construction kick off was also delayed more than what we expected (However we also had a planning application in place awaiting council approval).
2. Didn’t meet the site supervisor to the last minute (flooring and tilling stage).
3. The costumer liaison person (Wanda) was not responsive at all, I was disappointed to the point that we got a new team member Jessica helping us and she was terrific, with a very prompt response time. We had a problem with the garage door and she followed up and arrange it to be fixed the next day.
4. Some miss communications between the main office and the site supervisor.
5. Scheduling department had confusions with what was included in the package post and prior prestart. So, I would say the communication between different departments has a good room for improvement.
6. Inclusions and exclusions (Vos) were a bit more expensive compared to the other companies, but I found it justifiable considering the built quality is good. But overall not just with B1 homes, I would highly recommend not to change anything after the construction commenced unless they can Not be changed in future.

14 Weeks from Slab Down to PCI - Fantastic

During our early engagement with B1 Homes, we found the Sales Reps to be extremely driven and passionate about providing us with our first family home on an awkward sized block. We had clear specifications and I personally felt that we were fairly demanding in our needs. Our budget wasn't the largest but the Rep made it all possible by staying persistent and professional. She delivered exactly what we asked for, within budget.

Things took a slight u-turn during our planning phase post pre-start. We had issues with the council in relation to parking and at this particular moment, we felt that B1 could have argued our case a little better with the Shire as opposed to always adhering to their demands. We felt frustrated that B1's Shire Liaison didn't have our best interests at the forefront of her requests and simply followed a process. We engaged the land owner at this point as we were close to throwing in the towel. Eventually between all parties involved, we came up with a feasible proposal which thankfully got approval. We were back on track.

Once our slab was poured, it was all systems go. As we lived close by to our build, we visited site almost daily. To our amazement, we watched the build unfold before our eyes and at a pace we didn't believe was possible. The Site Supervisor was clearly well organised and there wasn't a day that passed when something hadn't changed. Having worked in construction for 16 years myself, I was always assuming that I would be picking fault with trades and finishes. In reality, I hardly had to mention anything. A couple of snagging bits here or there in relation to painting was all I had to bring to their attention, and once I had sent through requests, almost the next day things had been rectified. We are very impressed with the quality of finishes considering our budget and finishes like tiling in my opinion, are stand out. Everyone who has seen them say exactly the same.

In summary, I would recommend B1 Homes to anyone. I believe that they are the best project Builder in their category in Perth.

Good build

The final build by B1 was great. We are very happy with our home. Turned out even better than we expected. No issues with the workers on site, they were all professional & fast working. The completed build happened a lot sooner than expected. Extremely happy so far.
However, we did have several major issues with some of the office staff from start to finish.
There was a huge lack of communication & extreme rudeness from the construction office staff when an issue did arise through the build. After this, it would be hard to say if we would use B1 again. Despite this, we did have 2 great team members, [name removed] & [name removed] who were amazing & so helpful!

Construction End DateOct 2018

Fantastic build experience and a quality home

I had a dream run with B1 Homes, who made the building process so easy and stress free. As a first home buyer and building on my own, B1 Homes took care of everything and made sure I was kept in the loop at every step of the process.

The time was taken in the design and planning stage to ensure the home was functional, and that nothing was missed whilst also fitting in with my budget. Nothing was ever made to be "too hard" and worked tirelessly to ensure the end product was amazing.

The build time is something I was extremely surprised and impressed with. I was told by many people that build times always blow out, however mine was the complete opposite with the build finishing well before estimated deadlines. It was very well managed by my site supervisor Adrian who ensured that all deadlines were met and that quality assurance was adhered to throughout the entire process- thank you Adrian!

In summary, I had the best experience throughout the whole build process (with a special big thanks to Colin and Marianna as my sales reps who moved heaven and earth to get me exactly what I wanted and more in a first home, Jess Wright and Wanda Jansen who kept me in the loop all through out and Karen Bennett, just to name a few) and would recommend the Scott Park Group to all my friends/family/colleagues who are looking to build a new home.

B1 Quality build

It was a quick and efficient process from start to finish - the best was seeing the progress in front of your eyes and realizing the dream of having your own home - designed by yourself with all your specifications! The B1 team are wonderful and no question is too much, Adrian my building supervisor is so experienced and fabulous to deal with!
Any question I had was quickly dealt with and sorted efficiently and to my satisfaction. Would definitely recommend and I will certainly use B1 again for my next build!

Construction End DateApr 2018

Bliss Bedfordale

Our build was awesome as it was handled by the best supervisor in the state of WA. The workmanship was to a high standard, as all the trades were hand picked and you could tell they love their job.
The only issue we had was we had about 3 ladies look after our job during construction and it was hard to get a clear track of what was included and what wasn't during the build. The issues were sorted out straight away in most cases.
We had a different kind of set up with our build as it wasn't just off the plan build. Most of items were supplied by us and we knew our costs from early on at contract signing.
All in all was a pleasant process.

Construction End DateNov 2018

We are so happy in our Beautiful new home!

Thanks so much to the entire team at B1. From the start when the Plan was drafted till the time we were handed our keys we found the whole team to be so very helpful.
After some council issues which held us up at the beginning, (thanks to Chantala for helping us through these), the build went so well. Every step of the way Matt, Wanda, Candice & Jessica kept us in the loop and any small hick-ups were sorted immediately. The trades quality is great and we are loving living in our new Family Home. Thanks again B1!

Great customer service

We had a great experience with B1. From the beginning we were kept in the loop as to what was happening at each stage and when we could expect it to be completed. All the staff were lovely and very efficient. We were more than happy with the final inspection and could only fault very minor things. We would definitely build with them again in the future.

Construction End DateAug 2018

Excellent Quality and Service

Building with B1 Homes was an enjoyable and smooth experience. From the very beginning, even before officially signing up, the staff were so helpful in providing information and ideas about building for the first time. Sorting out plans in the first few weeks of signing up was lots of back and forth emails, but B1 Homes listened to all my ideas and input, made changes where possible, and ensured that I ended up with a plan that I loved! Prestart was also a very smooth process.
Communication throughout the build was always prompt, whether via phone or email. B1 Homes noted that I preferred communication via email and, where possible, ensured they contacted me in this form. Early on in the process of the build, I had some finance queries and confusion; although it wasn't directly related to B1 Homes, they were most willing to chat to me about my concerns and have a look to see if they could work it out. The customer service at this time was above and beyond expected level.
The build took approximately 5 and a half months from when the slab was poured to handover. I was very impressed with the workmanship and found only a few minor things to be fixed at final inspection. I had 2 different site supervisors during the course of the build; both were very friendly and helpful. It was always easy to get in contact with B1 and the site supervisor if I had any questions along the way. I had 3 onsite meetings, all of which were arranged to accommodate my schedule. In the last few weeks of the build, B1 Homes emailed me weekly updates to let me know what stage the house was up to and what would be happening in the next week. This was very informative and it was great to know what was going on inside.
The only issue that arose at the end of this build was the plastering not being finished very smoothly. Therefore, once my painter came in after handover, he had to do extra sanding to ensure a quality finish. Unfortunately, I didn't know this at my final inspection. It's also a shame B1 Homes won't let you bring a painter in during the build before the floor coverings have been put down.
Finally, all the staff that I dealt with during the build were friendly, extremely helpful and professional, and I am certain that building my first home would not have been such an enjoyable or smooth process if it weren't for them. I am very pleased with the final product and would definitely recommend building with B1 Homes.

Construction End DateOct 2018

Such an enjoyable experience

I started out with trepidation as I had never built a house before and I had heard such negative comments, but my experience was so positive, I enjoyed it all, it was great to watch it taking shape and the finished result is just what I wanted and I am so thrilled with it.

Adrian the site supervisor was just amazing, him and his team were the key factors in making it such an easy and enjoyable experience, nothing was too much trouble or to difficult and always so helpful.

Stacey done a wonderful job in planning what I wanted and all the team were great and I would most definitely recommend B1 Homes

Construction End DateSep 2018
Hi Carol, thank you so much for your great review, we are so very pleased that we have been able to have such a positive experience for you with the build. We hope you are enjoying every minute of your brand new home. Kind Regards Jessica

Excellent.

When deciding to build my first house I was a little apprehensive at first as I was a first home buyer and had no idea where to start. After meeting a few different sales representatives from a few different builders, I decided that B1 Homes would be the perfect builder for me. Damien, the sales representative for B1 Homes, was exceptional! Damien went above and beyond to ensure I understood the whole building process and prepared me for what to expect before, during and after construction. Damien not only did a great job helping me with my house design but also took the step further to help me obtain a block of land and introduced me to his finance broker John Russie, who was also exceptional throughout the whole process. The communication and enthusiasm from both Damien and John were second to none and I am very grateful for the hard work they put in for me.

Pre start with Pam was also amazing. Pam's friendly and professional attitude made the pre-start process a breeze. Pam's product knowledge and ability to help with design/colour selections made decision making easy and comfortable. Pam was extremely helpful and professional.

Wanda, my client liaison was no different, providing me with constant communication throughout the construction stage. Wanda was always willing to help and her friendly and professional attitude made my experience much easier and stress free.

The overall build quality was great, with no complaints regarding the workmanship and customer service provided by the team at B1 Homes. I would highly recommend B1 Homes to anyone who wishes to build.

Thank you so much to the team at B1 Homes!

Construction End DateMay 2017