Excellent builder for first home buyers!

B1 were a pleasure to deal with. Accommodating design choices to suit our block, guiding and keeping us informed from beginning to end and demonstrating quality workmanship. Highly recommended builder!

Build StagePost-Construction

Great builder for anyone wanting to build their first home

B1 were very easy to deal with, made my first home experience really positive. Workmanship and quality of build has been good, I had very little issues upon the final inspection. Any issues I had were addressed quite fast & very professional. My final cost came in under what I had originally expected so I am over the moon.

A brilliant build.

My husband and I are extremely happy with the quality of our new home. The construction process was excellent and we were very impressed with the workmanship. Our site supervisor, Jim, was exceptionally professional, easy to work with and went above and beyond to ensure we were satisfied with the build. The minor problems that occurred were handled promptly and efficiently. As first home buyers, we were a little nervous to build a new home, however the B1 Homes professionals helped us design our dream first home for an affordable price.

Construction End DateApril 2019
Good Morning Laura and David, we thank you for your Product Review. We are so glad you are happy with your new home. We look forward to working with you through your maintenance period also. Enjoy your new home. Regards Jessica

Great and easy build

Loved building with B1 homes, they made the whole process super easy with no headaches. They replied to emails straight away and were very thorough and helpful throughout the build. Would 100% recommend them

Best service! Would have never built without B1

My husband and I are building our first home with B1 Homes. I could not say enough wonderful things about B1 and especially Greg. He has gone above and beyond to help us through the entire process. We had a land sale fall through at the last minute and he helped us find new land that required some serious updates to our home design. He managed to create a beautiful custom design with everything we wanted on a much smaller piece of land. He also helped us through some miscommunications with the bank around finance. He spoke to everyone and helped liaise our loan as well as keep us calm through everything. Honestly, we never thought we could own our home, let alone build the perfect home.

Greg has not only been professional and knowledgeable but also a joy to work with. He has even offered to help me with our move as I will have a newborn and my husband will be away on deployment.

If you are looking to build your first home and feel like you are a little out of your depth, I strongly recommend working with Greg and B1 Homes.

Build StagePre-Construction
Construction End DateMarch 2020
Thanks for your review Penny! It's fair to say that you made Greg's day. We're all looking forward to getting to construction to bring that beautiful custom design to life. The B1 Homes Team

Took a long time to write our review. Like our house build

I love my house. I hated building. The process was a nightmare from start to finish and as a first home builder not what I wanted.
Firstly there was the battle for our business between b1 and red ink. Constantly calling and email to reduce the price of the house and add inclusions and bring each other down. - (which is confusing cause they are part of the same company)
[name removed] designed my home and she is amazing. Hands down the best person on the b1 team, untill we signed on and the process started and she moved on to the next clients. And we were redirected to someone else to take us to the next step. Then another for the next step, it would have been better to have one rep take us through the entire build. We trusted [name removed] and spend many long hours with her designing and making deals only to be left with someone else as soon as pen hit paper.
The next step was pre start - and [name removed] was lovely. She was thorough and kind and took her time with us. But she is damn hard women to get hold of. Sometimes taking days to reply to email because of her high workload and again for first home builders with more questions than anything that was hard.
Next slab down was scheduled. And then the rain hit and there was flooding on our site. So every week we would go and see if slab down has happened and every week nothing. For 3 months. Communication at this point was awful. We had been handed to our next rep [name removed] who went on leave and then was transferred over to red ink in those three months with nothing but two emails saying who she was. And the second she was leaving and who her replacement was....
slab down and we now have our new person [name removed]. Now we still had flooding on our land. B1 said it was stockland a problem. And stockland said it was b1s problem so we had so many issues with this. But b1 tried to capitalise on this and asked for more money to increase the size of our soakwells because they were worried if we didn’t our house would flood. This made me worry so much because we don’t know anything about soakwellls. So we asked some experts who actually told us the soak wells that were planned to be installed were incorrect and didn’t meet the minimum requirements for our site and that we needed bigger soakwells. So we informed [name removed] of this who said that she knew we needed an “upgrade” and therefore we have to pay for the changes to be made. At this point I dug my heals in and states that I would not pay extra to fix something that is the fault of the builder who quickly reversed their statements and no longer wanted my money and fixed them at no extra cost.
Then when the actual implantation happened. The Plummer put the soakwells in the wrong place, because they were not given the updated plan. Back and forth and it was stated that the soakwells would be fixed for us again at no extra charge. My question is now though. The soak wells are under ground and I can not see them so how do I know that they are the correct size without ripping them up and seeing for myself? - Tba at this stage because it’s now another winter season and our flooding is again same as last winter ? So either stockland needs to do something else or b1 did not put the bigger soak wells in to accommodate the rain that happens in our area.
Building started and we had 1 bricklayer do our entire house. HE DID A FANTASTIC JOB hands down the workmanship of this guy was brilliant. The brickwork on this house compared to the others around was 110% better than anything I have ever seen.
Now we have the opportunity to meet our site supervised [name removed]. And we expressed our concern for the delay and lack of communication about everything. This is where he gave us his personal number. And communication side started to get better from b1
The next few months of the process was relatively smooth sailing. We got weekly updates on our house progress. I personally went and saw the house every Friday to see what had been done for my own eyes and everything was good.
The people who were doing the roof though need to refrain from smoking while doing the insulation in the roofs. I am allergic to nicotine and so that worried me slightly but overall it didn’t effect me once I moved in.
So that brings us to our first inspection- wow I loved it but there was still some faults that we picked up and that needed to be rectified before we moved in. Again more delay. Second inspection - happy with it.
Meeting made for key handover - two new home builder finally getting the keys for their home and no one knew we were coming! [name removed] has gone home sick but forgot about our meeting. Luckily [name removed] ( from above) stepped in and gave us our keys. And we went home.
Our home is not without faults but nothing that can’t be simply fixed. I have raised our main concern which is the flooding and blockade in the powder room toilet making it unusable without flooding our floor. Currently waiting for a plumber for this issue. Which I hope will be rectified soon because it’s hard to have no access or use of our toilet and sink!
We signed on to b1 in march. And we got our keys in April the year after. It was worth the wait. And some things like the weather and the soil quality from stockland being poor b1 couldn’t help. And towards the middle of the build the communication was great and things were smooth sailing. The end again a bit rocky but it’s done now. Now all I can hope for is that they fix this issue with our plumbing quickly and conveniently and they don’t try and ask for money.
My advise to b1 would be
- to make one rep follow your clients throughout their entire build. Changing from person to person and not knowing who to call when things went wrong or who to speak to when we have questions was a nightmare.
- communication is key. I understand your busy but we paid a lot of money for your time and attention so personally writing emails rather than generic copy and paste emails and actually answering questions when asked instead of deflecting is what is needed.
Reiterating I love my home and everything about it. Would I change builder no. But knowing what I know now would I build again. Yes. Because I would not be afraid to ask the questions and I believe that this review will help b1 understand what new home builders want and need throughout their build so that people like us can get the help they need.

Our perfect first home!

From the get go, B1 has been great to build with. Before choosing to sign on with B1, we enquired with a few other builders but found their extremely persistent calls (enough for us to end up blocking their numbers) quite off putting. B1 definitely showed interest, but gave us enough room to think about what we actually wanted to do. This less nagging approach made B1 the obvious choice for us.

We chose a double story house as that what suited our smaller block best. The sales rep we dealt with, Glen Gesmundo, was great in working with us to make changes to the design so we were completely happy with all the rooms in the house. If we wanted to change something, or had an idea in our head, he was very knowledgeable about what would work and gave us honest advice as to what to do. Glen went above and beyond what we thought a sales rep would do. When we were initially looking for land, we told Glen what suburbs we were interested in and our price range, he did some research and then came to us with possibilities and even was a liaison with the real estate agents. With this being our first home, his extremely helpful approach was really appreciated.

When we went into the showroom for our prestart, we were very impressed with the high standard of amenities that were inclusive within the basics range. There were upgrades available, but we didn’t feel the need to do so. For us, this was a very easy and exciting process, as the options that were available to us were very modern we left really happy with all our choices.

Throughout the build, we didn’t really have many issues. The only hold up that we encountered was due to the neighbour regarding the shared fence that had to be taken down in order for our garage to be built. B1 dealt with this well, as my partner and myself work away, our build Supervisor, Matt Mundy, was happy to liaise with the neighbour in order to get this resolved. Working away we both had to really trust that we were in good hands, and Matt didn’t disappoint. After meeting with Matt, we could see that his level of what would be handed over to us would be at the utmost best. Another issue we ran into was with our kitchen counter top. The option we chose was out of stock and would take a month or more for it to come into stock. B1 dealt with this well as we were advised of the hold up and how long it would take, or were given the option to select a new countertop and was provided with samples of look a likes to our original choice.
B1 kept us in the loop with everything that was happening. Our client liaison was Jessica Wright, who initially gave us weekly updates, which further into the build became fortnightly. Jessica was great to deal with and working away and not knowing what’s happening, her frequent emails gave us peace of mind to know what progress was occurring.

After having our PCI meeting, we were so impressed with the outstanding workmanship throughout the house. There was only a couple of small things we pointed out, but these were so minor that it didn’t affect our thoughts on the house at all. We are beyond happy with out new house and in 2 weeks we get the keys and will be able to move in.

This was our first home and we are extremely happy with the end result and the whole process.

If we ever built again, we would happily build with B1 and I have already referred B1 to someone else and would do so to others that are looking to build their home.

Thanks to the B1 team for such a professional, friendly, easy and exciting experience.

Construction End DateJuly 2019
Oh wow! Thank you Caleb and Jade. We are absolutely blown away with your review and the B1 team would like to thank you sincerely. We hope you enjoy your beautiful new home. Congratulations again. Regards Jessica Wright

Near faultless and very understanding

let me start by saying- wow! from the get go our sales person Stacey Smith was extremely helpful, she designed our home and worked closely with us to get everything we wanted and more. Working closely with the drafting team she came back to us with 4-5 different ideas/plans and with my wife and I being pretty picky Stacey was completely understanding,patient and more than helpful. highly appreciated and would recommend her to anybody looking at building, she went above and beyond.

At prestart everything seemed to go smoothly until the build started. My partner and I where under the impression fly screens where included to all sliding doors. we have a 4 panel stacker door to our back garden which after it was installed, we couldn't see anywhere for the fly screen to be fitted. After a few months of emails, we ended up getting a fly screen sorted but took unnecessarily long to organize. The other issue from the prestart aspect was due to our stacker doors, they wouldn't guarantee vertical blinds covering the door due to the width. Once again after a lot of back and forth emails we finally got this resolved and agreed on an alternative option.

Moving onto the construction, our site supervisor Matt Munday was second to none! we chose to do our own tiling, painting and driveway throughout the build, which i can understand throws a spanner in the works, but Matt kept in touch with us throughout the build keeping us up to date on everything and even gave us ample time to complete our own works. Both my father and uncle where bricklayers for most of their lives and they both commented on how neat the brickwork was and even said they would struggle to lay bricks that neat (takes a lot for a bricklayer to swallow their pride). All of Matt's trades where excellent and by practical completion the house was almost faultless, we had to really look to even find something to complain about, the only things we found wrong was a doorstop missing and 2 drains from down the side of the house and he came to the part with everything and rectified these issues, no questions asked! Matt went above and beyond to build us what we wanted, he truly understands that it is one of the biggest investments you will make in your life and i believe he takes true pride in his work and is passionate about it which makes all the difference.

Hayley and I are over the moon with the finished product and if we are to ever build again B1 homes will be our first stop.

Construction End DateApril 2019
Oh thank you Jason and Hayley, we are super stoked that even though there were some hiccups we were able to resolve these for you and make sure you were happy with the finished product. Enjoy your new home and all the happiness it will bring you. From the team at B1 Homes Congratulations on your new beautiful home. Kind Regards B1 Homes

Stress free build from start to finish !

Found the whole process very easy, from the sales agent Steve who bent over backwards to move the process along promptly and dealt with all the Council planning applications. Not forgetting staff in the offices who kept me well informed all the time and Jessica who answered all of my emails usually within the hour of me writing them. Karen handling progress claims, again very efficient.The advice of the Lady at the pre start was welcomed as I had no idea about colors, tiles ect..... Just walked through yesterday for the completion inspection with Matt the site Supervisor. Experienced fella who I could tell ran a tight team of tradesman, nice guy too ! Finish was excellent, found no problems at all, even better than I expected. Was a little daunted at first at the thought of building a new home as never done it before and friends had told me horror stories of their building experiences but can honestly say I found the build easy and stress free. Would certainly recommend B1homes to others. Sorry if I have forgotten to mention anyone but you have all been good ! By the way I have no affiliation to B1 homes or anyone who works there, just very happy with them.

Fantastic Work !

Workmanship was great. The final finish was great. The supervisor was awesome. Very happy with it all. I would definitely use B1 homes again when building. Great work guys appreciate it!

Construction End DateJune 2019
Thank you Anthony for your great review on B1 Homes. It makes us more motivated to see how happy our clients are with the finished products of their homes and we hope you enjoy it as much as we did to build your dream. Kind Regards Jess

Outstanding job! Thanks B1 Homes!!

I recently built my first home and chose to build with B1 Homes. The whole experience was a complete pleasure from start to finish and I can’t believe how fast it went up!

B1’s friendly staff took care of all my concerns and guided me throughout construction. Communication was easy and all my emails were answered in a timely fashion, along with weekly emails received from Erin updating me on the progress of my house.. It was exciting to find out what was happening on site each week!

Craftsmanship was excellent and I had no issues with any work done. The final product was better than I could have imagined! So happy!
Plus, I had the keys in 19 weeks. A week earlier than the promised 20 weeks! So fast!

A big thanks to Harry, Pam, Erin and Jess and a Special thanks to Jim Holland. Jim’s friendly, honest and passion for quality made the whole experience comforting and reassuring. We knew we were in good hands with Jim and the B1 team :)

Construction End DateJune 2019
Good Morning Katina, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so thrilled that your home is even better than what you imagined, your review describes exactly what we strive for. On behalf of the B1 Team I would like to wish you all the best for your life in your new home, may you make many happy memories. Thank you Kind Regards, The B1 Homes Team.

Dream home come true!

Oh boy this one has been such an amazing journey from start to finish!!

If you're a first home buyer without a clue as to where to start or an experienced home buyer with a lot of things already in mind for customisation, look no further!!
Know that B1 will take care of you and make sure you feel comfortable throughout the build without pressuring you into anything you don't want! you WILL get the home that you really want!

B1 has taken care of us very very well to completion even though this build wasn't easy (or standard) for them!

We had a completely custom build, drawn from scratch, double storey home with over 200 prestart items (almost everything changed) that took them roughly 11 months to complete.

There are a lot to praise about them, so if you're keen to learn about the details, then read on..

* Initial Contact with Builder & initial Floorplan drafting:
Our initial contact with Brock was superb!
We were first home buyers looking to start a custom build without a land secured.
Brock helped us look around different estates over a few days while giving us estimates on whether this or that land is going to be the right fit for our custom requirements, or giving us options depending on the shape and size of the lot, ensuring that the house & land cost will also end up fitting in our budget.
After a few weeks, once we've finally settled on a land, we then received our first rough sketch of the floorplan (we spent almost an ENTIRE DAY in their office in Osborne Park on a Saturday noon just drafting with Brock).
All of this while we were not locked into contract yet.

Imagine being a first home buyer not knowing where to start, being assisted to such a degree made us committed to B1, we then decided to proceed with the first contract ($5k deposit for the house) to get the official floorplan with engineer calculations started.

* Prestart period:
Pam was a LEGEND, we couldn't have completed our home with this tremendous amount of detail without her!
Knowing our desire for a completely customized home, we had our prestart booked for an entire day with Pam.
It was crazy the amount of details that Pam can keep inside her head!!
Throughout that entire prestart day, all we did was answer Pam's question and talk about things that we've been seeing in display homes, on the web, or in show rooms and she would look up online and confirm the nitty-gritty details to us before she added it to our files.

We were guided very VERY thoroughly throughout the prestart meeting, learning about a lot more things during the meeting made us realise that we were far from ready to close off the prestart period officially.

After the meeting, we then went to more showrooms, went to see cabinet makers, learn more about our options online and update Pam on our selection progress almost every other day of the week via email.

We have exchanged hundreds of emails over the course of 6 Months until we finally felt like everything was as we wanted and we're ready to proceed with the build.

* Build period:
Gavin, our beautiful bald headed site supervisor was the best thing we never knew we needed!
We met with Gav very early on in the build when the brick work started, he ensured us that the home they're building WILL be the home that we're happy with. To the end, he stayed true to his words (details below).
We were encouraged to visit our site frequently, and communicate any concerns to Gav through our client liaison as soon as we see them.

Our client liaison Jess was always there for us, ensuring that we're always 100% up-to-date with what's happening on our site and negotiated a LOT of changes with management. There were a few items that didn't match our expectations due to us not understanding the build terms/drawings completely and Jess has managed to get it changed for us, and for that we're very grateful!

Throughout the build, there has been a few challenges ranging from tiny cosmetic defects and major miscommunication issues that caused delays in our build.
The biggest issues was our 1st floor not being provisioned to support the weight of tiles due to us removing the flooring item from the contract, and the intent to put tiling were missed at drafting period.
As soon as the issue got highlighted by Jess, they have worked on remediation as soon as possible with the rework costs (pulling electrical cables from the ceiling and putting it back,etc) being absorbed by B1.
Even though it added some delays in our build, we were extremely happy that it got noticed during the build and everything has been rectified to perfection!

Throughout the builds we had several site meetings with Gav, he was always very happy to give us explanations about certain items of concerns spotted on site. He ensured that all of the site defects done by their trades were all noticed and given us the flow of events that will follow to rectify them.
We're talking about things such as light switch or wall plug that needs to be moved, down to things like a very slightly angled plate of a tap, or a slight (2mm) misalignment of light switches.
Every time we had a meeting with Gav, we went there full of worries and ALWAYS ended up leaving with ease.

From the beginning to handover, both Jess and Gav have truly held our hands tightly, ensuring that we get the home of our dreams and have a smile on our faces the moment we enter the front door with our own keys.

We can't say enough thanks to B1Homes for making our dream home come true!
Thank you for such awesome-awesome work Brock, Pam, Gav & Jess!!

Our home, our castle

B1 homes has done a fantastic build of our little cottage. The house was completed in under 20 weeks. Staff have been friendly and professional, answering all my queries in a helpful and timely manner. This is I and my daughter’s first home. B1 homes has exceeded our expectations and this indeed is “our castle.”
We are thrilled. Thanks Jim, Erin, Jess and co.

Construction End DateMay 2019
Good Afternoon Lisa, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was an absolute pleasure building your castle! On behalf of the B1 Homes team we wish you all the best for your life in your new home. Kind Regards The B1 Homes Team

Fantastic New House

I was looking to build a new home and met Sam Gusic the B1 sales representative at the Brabham display. Sam is such an asset to B1 Homes as he was always there to answer any questions required and nothing was ever too much trouble, he is 100% customer focused and always a phone call away for any small problems to be sorted. I would recommend Sam to anyone who is thinking of building a new home.
The Pre Start and Administration team at B1 Pam, Jessica and Erin were always on hand during my build process doing a great job answering my enquiries.
My building supervisor Gavin was great, he has a great attention to detail and he is very experienced within the building industry and there were very few small issues that he always sorted promptly.
The result of the B1 team has given me a great new home with excellent finishes and I am very happy to have built with B1 Homes.

Construction End DateMay 2019
Good Morning Terry, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is very rewarding to read of the service you have described and your satisfaction with your new home. On behalf of the B1 Team I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for your life in your new home. Kind Regards The B1 Team

Reliable Builder

This is my first house and my previous builder went bankrupt. So, I am grateful that I decided to continue with B1 homes.
The customer liaison person (Jessica) was very helpful and promptly answered my many emails. The site supervisor (Gav) I met with a few times was great and fixed all the small problems I found.
The minor issues I have had was dealt with swiftly and professionally. Some minor frustrations at times with communication. However, a very minimal amount of issues at PCI and clear that the workmanship and build quality of the property were really good.
I would definitely recommend B1 Homes to anyone decided to build.
A big thank you to the team: Gav, Jessica & Pam!

Build StagePost-Construction
Thanks for taking the time to provide a review Roman. The feeling is mutual, we're very grateful that you decided to continue with B1 too! We're even happier that the team has delivered on your expectations. Minor issue are inevitable, and we like to think we will manage those well. It's good to hear that you believe we achieved that. We look forward to continuing the journey through maintenance and beyond. Regards, Chris

Fantastic

We have been very pleased with B1 Homes, our sales rep was fantastic along with our pre start meeting and contact with the office. We didn't get to meet our site supervisor who left just before out meeting. The site supervisor we did meet with was great and fixed all the small problems we found.

The house went up fast and we are more than happy with the finished result the workmanship is spot on.

We would highly recommend B1 homes to anyone wanting to build.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Thanks for taking the time to provide your review Karen. The Team are always excited to see another happy B1 Client, and we look forward to continuing the journey with you post-construction. Regards, Chris

Happy and excited about my new home

Started off a little rocky with a misunderstanding about ceiling height in the open plan area and front elevation, once sorted out the process went quite smoothly.
Prestart also went without any problems and Pam was very helpful in picking up some details I had not thought of, like extra data point, plumbing for my new fridge and front door recess for adding a security door later on.
I was very impressed with the construction and how well each stage of the build was completed in a timely manner. The only problem I had was the incorrect toilets where installed, this was fixed and the correct ones put in before I moved in.
I would like to thank Jessica Wright who was very helpful and always followed up any queries I had.
Been in the house now for over 2 weeks now and loving every moment. The journey has not finished yet with a garden to be done and some interior painting.
Thank you B1 Homes and your incredible staff.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
We're rapt to hear you're enjoying your new B1 Home Maureen! Pam and Jessica and the rest of the team that achieved this result for you, were very happy to read your review. We'd love it if you could send us some photos when you get the garden and painting done, we'd love to put some shots of the established finished product up around the office. Regards, Chris

The ups and downs

I can not fault the build quality, any concerns I had when I was able to speak with my supervisor or to my agent they where handled quickly and professionally. I love my new home it's nearly everything I had wanted. This leads me to the downs.

At prestart I had some requests that I was told were standard and not to worry about it. I had requested that all power cables in the wall be put in conduit, it didn't matter how much it would cost (growing up in old homes I knew it would be easier to change in the future if my wiring needs changed) not just on a angle grinder cut channel. I was told not to worry as it's standard. Alas this wasn't standard and now I am stuck with the current wiring configuration unless I want external conduit on my walls. The second let down was after purchasing a package to have 20 down lights installed the agent told me she would throw an extra one in for the hallway in front of the bathroom and toilet. However this was not done.
Ill be extra vigilant to get these in writing in the future.

There was also issues when it came to the build guarantee as they had lost my paper work. They did however pay in the end.

Ups and downs. Love the build but it was a little rocky along the way.

Construction End DateMarch 2019

Two very happy customers!! :)

As first home owners we were not sure what to expect, We were very suprised and happy with the service that Sam Gusic had given us in the B1 display home in Brabham. He was very welcoming, understanding and reassuring. We had Adam Austin dealing with the finance side of things with us, He was very understanding aswell and helped us to understand the process of being approved for finance. Our building process was actually very good with little to no issues throughout. Any small thing we picked up along the way was followed up by Sam. I must say Sam's customer service was amazing. My partner and I spoke with Sam alot throughout our build and built a good relationship with him throughout. Sam was very helpful and made the building journey very easy and stress free. Jessica in admin was also very helpful with answering our questions and getting back to us quickly.

We are now nearly 2 weeks post key handover and we are extremely happy with our home! We would like to say a very big thank you to the team at B1 homes, You have made our dream into a reality! We would also like to say a huge thank you to Sam Gusic, You were amazing throughout the entire build and very patient, understanding and helpful through out our building journey.

I would highly recommend B1 homes to everyone! I would also highly recommend speaking with Sam Gusic if anyone is looking to build with B1 homes :)

Construction End DateFebruary 2019

Amazing team, very happy

This was our first time building a house and we would really like to thank Matt and the team for making it such a great experience. It was delivered on time on budget and packed full of extras that make it a great home to live in. Love the house and the quality finishes throughout. Everyone in the neighbourhood was impressed with the site cleanliness, speed of the build and the quality of the workmanship.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback Josh L. We sent a copy of your review around to the team, and there were plenty of comments about how they enjoyed sharing the journey with you. I know Matt will be particularly happy with your comments about your construction experience, because this is exactly what we strive for. Regards, Chris