Fantastic

We have been very pleased with B1 Homes, our sales rep was fantastic along with our pre start meeting and contact with the office. We didn't get to meet our site supervisor who left just before out meeting. The site supervisor we did meet with was great and fixed all the small problems we found.

The house went up fast and we are more than happy with the finished result the workmanship is spot on.

We would highly recommend B1 homes to anyone wanting to build.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Thanks for taking the time to provide your review Karen. The Team are always excited to see another happy B1 Client, and we look forward to continuing the journey with you post-construction. Regards, Chris

Happy and excited about my new home

Started off a little rocky with a misunderstanding about ceiling height in the open plan area and front elevation, once sorted out the process went quite smoothly.
Prestart also went without any problems and Pam was very helpful in picking up some details I had not thought of, like extra data point, plumbing for my new fridge and front door recess for adding a security door later on.
I was very impressed with the construction and how well each stage of the build was completed in a timely manner. The only problem I had was the incorrect toilets where installed, this was fixed and the correct ones put in before I moved in.
I would like to thank Jessica Wright who was very helpful and always followed up any queries I had.
Been in the house now for over 2 weeks now and loving every moment. The journey has not finished yet with a garden to be done and some interior painting.
Thank you B1 Homes and your incredible staff.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
We're rapt to hear you're enjoying your new B1 Home Maureen! Pam and Jessica and the rest of the team that achieved this result for you, were very happy to read your review. We'd love it if you could send us some photos when you get the garden and painting done, we'd love to put some shots of the established finished product up around the office. Regards, Chris

The ups and downs

I can not fault the build quality, any concerns I had when I was able to speak with my supervisor or to my agent they where handled quickly and professionally. I love my new home it's nearly everything I had wanted. This leads me to the downs.

At prestart I had some requests that I was told were standard and not to worry about it. I had requested that all power cables in the wall be put in conduit, it didn't matter how much it would cost (growing up in old homes I knew it would be easier to change in the future if my wiring needs changed) not just on a angle grinder cut channel. I was told not to worry as it's standard. Alas this wasn't standard and now I am stuck with the current wiring configuration unless I want external conduit on my walls. The second let down was after purchasing a package to have 20 down lights installed the agent told me she would throw an extra one in for the hallway in front of the bathroom and toilet. However this was not done.
Ill be extra vigilant to get these in writing in the future.

There was also issues when it came to the build guarantee as they had lost my paper work. They did however pay in the end.

Ups and downs. Love the build but it was a little rocky along the way.

Construction End DateMarch 2019

Two very happy customers!! :)

As first home owners we were not sure what to expect, We were very suprised and happy with the service that Sam Gusic had given us in the B1 display home in Brabham. He was very welcoming, understanding and reassuring. We had Adam Austin dealing with the finance side of things with us, He was very understanding aswell and helped us to understand the process of being approved for finance. Our building process was actually very good with little to no issues throughout. Any small thing we picked up along the way was followed up by Sam. I must say Sam's customer service was amazing. My partner and I spoke with Sam alot throughout our build and built a good relationship with him throughout. Sam was very helpful and made the building journey very easy and stress free. Jessica in admin was also very helpful with answering our questions and getting back to us quickly.

We are now nearly 2 weeks post key handover and we are extremely happy with our home! We would like to say a very big thank you to the team at B1 homes, You have made our dream into a reality! We would also like to say a huge thank you to Sam Gusic, You were amazing throughout the entire build and very patient, understanding and helpful through out our building journey.

I would highly recommend B1 homes to everyone! I would also highly recommend speaking with Sam Gusic if anyone is looking to build with B1 homes :)

Amazing team, very happy

This was our first time building a house and we would really like to thank Matt and the team for making it such a great experience. It was delivered on time on budget and packed full of extras that make it a great home to live in. Love the house and the quality finishes throughout. Everyone in the neighbourhood was impressed with the site cleanliness, speed of the build and the quality of the workmanship.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback Josh L. We sent a copy of your review around to the team, and there were plenty of comments about how they enjoyed sharing the journey with you. I know Matt will be particularly happy with your comments about your construction experience, because this is exactly what we strive for. Regards, Chris

100% recommend

This is my first house and I'm happy to say that I'm greatfullthat i built with B1 homes. I was able to have my house built in 6 months with no lose in quality and supported all the way with the friendly staff

Construction End DateMarch 2019

Thanks for a great experience building!

We were surprised at how well the build went, after so many friends and family had issues who had built with other builders. B1 were efficient and professional throughout. Jessica and Pam were super helpful and promptly answered my many emails! The only disappointing part, was receiving a late invoice that was supposed to be sent at the start of construction- though if that's the worst part- than it's not so bad at all! Really enjoyed the weekly updates on where the house was at during construction. Thanks B1 for building our first house! We can't wait to move in and make it a home!

Two very happy clients.

My wife and are exceptionally happy that we decided to build with B1. We started the process late November 2017 and started the build around Feb 2018, almost exactly 12 months later we are in our wonderful new home.

I have rated it at 4 Star, would have preferred to have given a 4.5 Star. Our only criticism is with the "Sales" part of the process. We were told a price for the build minus what we thought was our discount from the builder, unbeknown to us the discount had already been allowed for. Colin from the sales department called us and after some brief discussions we came to an amicable agreement. This was our only bad experience of the whole journey.

When the build started our supervisor Matt was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. All through the build we were kept up to date with the proceedings from Tanya, Pamela and Jessica all of whom were always polite and very very efficient. Whenever we had a query or just a question to ask, all of the office staff were there for us.. As for Matt we couldn't have asked for a better supervisor, his attention to detail was exceptional, which created for us everything we had hoped for in our new home.

As Matt would say "Happy days"

Thankyou to all of you at B1 Homes

Construction End DateFebruary 2019

A place to call our home

When we started this journey 12 months ago, we did not expect this to be a smooth and easy journey as we had heard different stories about building a house. However, looking at our lovely home now, we are so glad that we took a leap of faith and decided to build our first home with B1. It was beyond our expectation, and everyone at B1 has made it possible for our dream to come true.

It started with Colin, our sales rep. Colin won us over with his experience in the field and provided us with a plan that was practical and fitted our budget perfectly. As first home buyers, we didn't know exactly what we wanted, but Colin patiently guided us through the process, gave us a great design for our house (that captures all our wants and needs) and answered all our questions in great details no matter how silly our questions were :).

After signing the contract, we met with Tanya for our pre-start consultation. Tanya had made it as easy as possible for us with her great advice on colour selection and product knowledge. Knowing we had no prior building experiences, she pointed out the practical upgrades that were often missed by those building their first home. When we saw the finished product, we cannot help but think about how much of a difference those extra little things actually made.

Once the construction started, Jess and Wanda gave us weekly updates on the process, so we were always up to date with the build. They were very helpful whenever we had any questions, of which there were a lot.

Matt was our construction supervisor, and he did a superb job with our house. We had an external inspector to check on the construction of the house, and the inspector told us that we had a very, very good build.

Everyone at B1 has made this 12 month process a stress free experience for us. We definitely would recommend B1 to anyone looking to build their dream house!

Thanks so much to B1's team !

Construction End DateJan 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback Benjamin. The Team are feeling proud of the journey we travelled with you. Building is rarely a "smooth and easy journey", but we believe our job is to help you achieve a low stress journey to a quality completion of your dream home. From your review, it sounds like we may have achieved this for you, and that is extremely rewarding for us. Regards, Chris

Pleasantly surprised! Had the perfect experience.

I had my contract signed in June 2018 , my house foundation poured by B1 Homes around mid Aug 2018. My new house was finished by end of Jan 2019.
During this time, I received nothing but perfect experience. I was quoted a very good price by the sales person. I found Damien Clancy to be extremely helpful and patient. I made him amend the quote several times but Damien made the process so easy for me. I found him very responsive and flexible. But what i loved most about Damien was how he always replied to my calls and e-mails no matter how busy he got. Thank you Damien.
During The Pre-start I was provided with excellent and knowledgeable advice, which I really needed. I took several hours of Tanya's time to check and re-check the contract , the specifications and the selection. Tanya provided me with a world of knowledge and experience which she must have accumulated during her years in the industry. Thank you Tanya
from the moment I was appointed a office liaison officer, my experience became even greater. Jessica provided me with prompt and helpful responses. She guided me and helped me make numerous key decisions. I found Jessica often go beyond her duty to help me with my building project, which i am really grateful for. She made so many issues so much easier to deal with, she guided me to the right decision on so many occasions. I have taken so much of Jessica's time but she never made that a problem. Thank you Jessica.
I then was appointed a Site Supervisor. I honestly did not think I could possibly be given a better and more helpful person. Adrian have been very organised, prompt, helpful, flexible and has a a world of knowledge a bout trade and workmanship. I found Adrian to go beyond his duty so many times to help me with a decision or an issue. I also found Adrian honest and very patient. What I love most about Adrian is how extremely fussy and thorough with workmanship he was. I saw him many times pointing things to me that I am forever grateful to know. He shared his knowledge simply and easily. Thank you Adrian.
Karen from accounts always provided me on time receipts, I never received any delays or issues from accounts. All very organised and transparent. Thank you Karen.
All and all I have received the best service a person new to the building project could possibly receive.
Perfect service
excellent advice
extremely flexible
great prices
real good qualities, perfect finishes
perfect time management co-ordinations and finish delivery
Great workmanship

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Thank you for your amazing review Bita. It's reviews like this that get us all excited about what we do. We're constantly striving to achieve excellence, and to read that you "received nothing but perfect experience", tells us we're heading in the right direction. Damien, Tanya, Jess, Adrian and Karen all got a buzz out of seeing the positive impact they personally had on your build journey, and the rest of us really enjoyed being part of that successful journey in the background. Regards, ChrisThank you for your response. I’m very glad the team are happy. You all deserve it. Thank you for the great journey. Happy to build with B1 and team again.

What a Journey!

We had an exceptional experience with B1, we were sold on building through B1 from our very first meeting with our Sales Building Consultant Kane, Kane was extremely helpful and catered to our every need, he was super patient with us whilst we were trying to find an secure a block and design our own home which unfortunately took some time and loads of backwards and forwards. Unfortunately we had lots of bank delays and had to change banks before construction started which unfortunately was a terrible experience and left us feeling that the build would probably be as painful as the finance was, but we were pleasantly surprised with an incredibly smooth build process!! If it wasn't for Kane we would have pulled the plug on the build due to all the bank delays we had. Luckily we didn't!

The B1 team throughout our near two year journey have been absolutely amazing, Tanya and then Pam our Pre Start Consultants were fantastic at answering all questions and catering to my Husband who is in the building industry who had loads of his own requirements and standards and must haves. We were then handed over to Jessica who took care of us during construction updating us weekly and answering any build or progress questions immediately, we lived for our weekly Wednesday email update. Our Site Supervisor Adrian and his team where absolutely amazing, we got to meet a few of our builders on site which was really awesome to meet the people that put a huge amount of effort into building our home!! Adrian was absolutely fantastic, he gave us loads of helpful hints and happily endured my endless questions and note taking! Also a big thank you to Karen in accounts for getting all our invoices through super quickly and being patient with our crazily slow bank.

Even though we didn't get the dream house we originally wanted due to frustrating bank delays we are absolutely thrilled with the final product, the immaculate attention to detail and the endless help and assistance we got from the B1 team!!
Thank you so very much for an incredible experience, we greatly appreciate all the time and effort you all gave to us and our first home, Josh and Roxanne

Construction End DateFeb 2019

Good Quality Build

Thanks to the team at B1 Homes for a job well done. The litte issues we've had was dealt with swiftly and professionally. Everything was done according to the specifications. They've maintained their build time guarantee even though our house was completely customised with loads of extras. We love our new home and would reccomend B1 Homes to our family and friends.

Terrible

We made a terrible mistake by deciding to build with this company. Very soon into our build-process we realized that B1 Homes was only interested in getting our money using every possible deceptive means.

Lets start with siteworks. Before signing up and making the initial deposit, we requested the sales rep to thoroughly review our site plans and do a site inspection and give us an accurate quote for siteworks. After doing the site inspection, he quoted us $9,800 for site works. But the trick, which we did not realize at that time, was that he wrote it as a 'PROVISIONAL' sum, which really means they can just increase it as much as they want. Five weeks later, when I went to sign my contract, I discovered that the PROVISIONAL sum for site works had now increased to $12,000. When I asked him why this was, his explanation was that his original quote was based on A-Class site but he went to site again with his boss who took some sand on his hand and based on how the sand 'felt' on his hand he decided that this was probably an S-Class site. What a ridiculous explanation! So, you had five weeks since I signed-up and you still could not do a proper soil test or site survey? What exactly did you do with the $2,000 I paid at initial sign up? When he saw I was not happy that it was still quoted as PROVISIONAL sum, he quickly said that he can guarantee that there is no way siteworks costs will exceed this amount. Unfortunately, I believed him.

Five months later, I was informed that the site survey has now been completed which confirmed that it was in fact an A-Class site! However, the site costs have now increased to $14,400 because the power cabling lines were longer than expected. Well you had all my site plans showing the exact locations of the power dome even before I signed up six months ago. What took you so long to determine the length of cabling required? For a small-sized block like ours, this was a complete rip-off. I think the whole 'PROVISIONAL' sum thing is just a thing they do to lure customers into signing the contract and once they know the customers are locked-in, they just keep increasing it to rip-off the poor first-home buyers. There are several reputed Builders in Perth who now offer fixed-priced siteworks which is the way it should be.

Another shameful way in which B1 will try to rip you off is by trying to impose unnecessary extra charges for utilities and services. In our case, they tried to charge us an extra $4,000 for a Telstra pit that was absolutely not required at all as we had several of these in close proximity to our property. After a long dispute they agreed to withdraw these charges but instead charged $737 for providing "NBN pit and pipe design". When we asked the NBN technician who came to connect our NBN line, he had no idea about any such design or why the Builder charged us for this. B1 now claims this was a subdivision requirement which is also baseless. The subdivision of the block was approved and completed with titles issued long before start of siteworks.

There are other builders who are honest and more reliable and will build you a better house at a lower cost. Stay away from this company!

Construction End DateJun 2018
Hi Sham, I want to apologise for your experience. We set very high expectations for ourselves: that we deliver an enjoyable experience through your journey with us, and for that experience to continue when you move into your new B1 Home. We enjoy a very high success rate with this, but unfortunately we've failed to meet your expectations. I understand your perception and concern around the site costs. They're often the most difficult item to price, but they're also a significant factor in the cost of your home. You're correct, there are builders who fix site costs before they have certainty around those costs, but you'll find plenty of reviews and discussion from clients of other builders who have had their fixed site costs increased. We are very comfortable with the integrity behind your earthworks costs, and with all the facts on the table, we believe they would comfortably pass the "pub test". Increasing costs is never an attractive option, but when all the facts are known, sometimes it's necessary, fair and reasonable. It's unfortunate yours was a situation that had some complications due to the specific nature of your site (primarily the strata subdivision creating higher than normal power & sewer run ins). I have a breakdown of all of the external costs (money we paid trades, contractors, utility companies, your shire etc) that B1 were charged for your site works. Once our standard margin (as per the Contract) and GST have been added, there is very little of the price you paid left to cover our internal costs (staff and overheads involved in co-ordinating the work). I won't list those costs here, but you have them now. I agree with you that the explanation of the site classification changing from A to S based on the feel of the sand, is highly unusual (I'm inclined to use your word, "ridiculous"). I don't believe the classification of the site ever changed, and I'm disappointed and bewildered that you were given that explanation. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find any evidence of this advice/explanation having been given. While your NBN technician may have had no idea about your pit & pipe design, this was a requirement of your subdivision. Once again, we're very comfortable demonstrating why this was a requirement, and an unavoidable cost of building on that site. As we've offered before, we're very keen to make sure you're comfortable with all the concerns you have raised here, and would love the opportunity to sit down and review your costs with you. Please let us know if there's anything you'd like to discuss. Regards, Chris

Top notch!

Initially the design process was very smooth with great advice and a personalized approach. Pre start and selections wer smoothly handled with expert and honest advice. Once the building process commenced he's progressed quickly and efficiently. Some minor frustrations at times with communication, however site was maintained to an impeccable standard throughout and everything progressed on track with what was agreed upon. Very minimal amount of issues at PCI and clear that the workmanship and build quality of the property was exceptional.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Good Afternoon Matthew and Santosha, we are so pleased that you are so happy with your new home, B1 Homes staff members work very hard to make your dream become a reality with minimum of stress. We would like to wish you and your family many happy years in your beautiful new home. We all thank you for your amazing review. Regards Jessica

Wonderful house building experience as a first home buyer.

As a first home buyer, we were quite anxious going into this as we had no clue about construction and building a home. B1 was wonderful at answering all our questions and concerns. Also, we were amazed at how fast everything was built and the quality is above expectations! If we had to point out one issue is that pre-start could have been more informative. As a first home buyer, there were a few things we would have changed had it been highlighted. But at the same time, there were many good recommendations. Given the chance to do it all again we would definitely go with B1 Homes. A big thank you to the team Stacey, Pam, Jessica Matt and Gav!

B1homes-Best building company ever

Very well managed build. We are extremely happy with the workmanship of the build. It's definitely built to the best quality. It's just perfect. Excellent communication throughout the whole building process. Never dreamed of owning a home like what we built for a low cost. B1homes has made that possible and we are extremely grateful for it. B1 homes have really put our best interest first and made this whole process comfortable and easy. I just want to thank the team at B1homes for their excellent service.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Carmen, Thank you so much for your amazing feedback, we are super happy that we have met your expectations plus more. We hope you are enjoying your new home. We wish you all the best for many more years to come. Kind Regards Jessica

Amazing build, amazing customer service!

Everything about our build experience was bang on point! From the initial sale and budget estimate, to the pre-start selection process, to the actual finished product, B1 delivered everything they said they would, exceptionally!! The whole team (Stacy, Pam, Matt) are not only knowledgeable but go well above & beyond to help/advise when needed. B1 will definitely be our first choice when we build our next home.
Thanks so much B1.

Construction End DateSep 2018

Overall a Good Experience

Advantages:
1. We found that B1 homes offers exceptional designs compared to the average market. The interior design was good with a good use of space and maximum allowed zero lot boundary walls.
2. Harry (marketing) spent so much time explaining the building process and driving us around showing many display properties, which was really appreciated. We did have experience with some other companies where the marketing team wouldn’t even bother getting out of the office.
3. We found the built quality is good (however should wait for a couple of months to further observe) but and again the exterior design for that price looks very good. I can easily say that our property stands out of the neighbouring houses which are also brand new.
4. The selection range for the house inclusions was reasonable.
5. A knowledgeable site supervisor,
Things to improve:
1. The construction was delayed by 3 weeks (however we built in a rainy season) and the construction kick off was also delayed more than what we expected (However we also had a planning application in place awaiting council approval).
2. Didn’t meet the site supervisor to the last minute (flooring and tilling stage).
3. The costumer liaison person (Wanda) was not responsive at all, I was disappointed to the point that we got a new team member Jessica helping us and she was terrific, with a very prompt response time. We had a problem with the garage door and she followed up and arrange it to be fixed the next day.
4. Some miss communications between the main office and the site supervisor.
5. Scheduling department had confusions with what was included in the package post and prior prestart. So, I would say the communication between different departments has a good room for improvement.
6. Inclusions and exclusions (Vos) were a bit more expensive compared to the other companies, but I found it justifiable considering the built quality is good. But overall not just with B1 homes, I would highly recommend not to change anything after the construction commenced unless they can Not be changed in future.

Construction End DateNov 2018

14 Weeks from Slab Down to PCI - Fantastic

During our early engagement with B1 Homes, we found the Sales Reps to be extremely driven and passionate about providing us with our first family home on an awkward sized block. We had clear specifications and I personally felt that we were fairly demanding in our needs. Our budget wasn't the largest but the Rep made it all possible by staying persistent and professional. She delivered exactly what we asked for, within budget.

Things took a slight u-turn during our planning phase post pre-start. We had issues with the council in relation to parking and at this particular moment, we felt that B1 could have argued our case a little better with the Shire as opposed to always adhering to their demands. We felt frustrated that B1's Shire Liaison didn't have our best interests at the forefront of her requests and simply followed a process. We engaged the land owner at this point as we were close to throwing in the towel. Eventually between all parties involved, we came up with a feasible proposal which thankfully got approval. We were back on track.

Once our slab was poured, it was all systems go. As we lived close by to our build, we visited site almost daily. To our amazement, we watched the build unfold before our eyes and at a pace we didn't believe was possible. The Site Supervisor was clearly well organised and there wasn't a day that passed when something hadn't changed. Having worked in construction for 16 years myself, I was always assuming that I would be picking fault with trades and finishes. In reality, I hardly had to mention anything. A couple of snagging bits here or there in relation to painting was all I had to bring to their attention, and once I had sent through requests, almost the next day things had been rectified. We are very impressed with the quality of finishes considering our budget and finishes like tiling in my opinion, are stand out. Everyone who has seen them say exactly the same.

In summary, I would recommend B1 Homes to anyone. I believe that they are the best project Builder in their category in Perth.

Construction End DateNov 2018

Good build

The final build by B1 was great. We are very happy with our home. Turned out even better than we expected. No issues with the workers on site, they were all professional & fast working. The completed build happened a lot sooner than expected. Extremely happy so far.
However, we did have several major issues with some of the office staff from start to finish.
There was a huge lack of communication & extreme rudeness from the construction office staff when an issue did arise through the build. After this, it would be hard to say if we would use B1 again. Despite this, we did have 2 great team members, [name removed] & [name removed] who were amazing & so helpful!

Construction End DateOct 2018

Its almost been a year since I first contacted B1 homes last May 2018 and almost 7 months since I bought the land and my prestart . It’s really stressfull that till now the building process is still not started. is there anything you can do to speed up the process? thanks
Hi Vhin, We agree, that sounds like an unusually long time. Unfortunately we haven't been able to identify your job in our system from the details you've posted here. Could you forward your name or job number, or even the construction address to support@b1homes.com.au, and we'll investigate for you. Thanks, B1 TeamHi Vhin, Thanks for sending through your details. I think you're generally aware of the circumstances that have caused your delays so far, but for other readers here, I'd like to provide some answers. In short, there has only been 2 working days since the 5th October, that your job hasn't been in the hands of your Shire, and it continues there today. That's 2 days in nearly 6 months! These are issues specific to your block and your Shire. We'd like to be able to give you certainty around when your job will commence on site, but until we have control of the job, we don't have that certainty, although we feel confident that it's close. We had Final Documents ready for you way back in early November, which would normally mean we're only days or a week or 2 away from commencing on site, but unfortunately, your shire released a new planning policy only a few weeks prior to your planning application being lodged last October. This is the ultimate cause of your delays. We offered solutions to help achieve the quickest planning approval possible, but it took a while to evolve those solutions into plans that you, and then your Shire were comfortable accepting. Ultimately the Planning approval wasn't received until earlier this month. We now have the application for your Building Permit in with your shire, and would hope that we have a smooth process there, allowing us to commence on site in April. We're looking forward to getting started on your new home almost as much as you are. Regards, B1 Team

Hi, We are building with WSH who have now gone into Administration. We are up to our Completion Stage with a number of defective and incomplete work. Is this something you would be able to provide assistance with?
Hi Sorry to hear that, unfortunately we only build in Perth, good luck with completing your home. Regards Jim

Hi there, just wondering whether you guys have an option for low savings loans (without the guarantor)? Love the house designs you have.
Hi, Thanks for your email, yes we do, I will arrange for one of our consultants to contact you and discuss the options.Hi, Can you send me a contact number or an email address and we will be InTouch with the options we can offer you. Regards Jim

Similar listings