3Baccarat Granite

Baccarat Granite Questions & Answers

David J.

Can you use the Baccarat stone cookware on a gas stove

Wayne B.
Wayne B.

Is vegetable oil ok to.use

Paddy
Paddy

I have had my small B/G Frypan for about 3-4yrs now. Love it! It's been the best, but what is happening now, on the bottom inside of the pan, is this, black flaking, looking like the coating is flaking off, or lifting up. Concerned if it should get into the food, not had this happen before. Can buff it down, or sadly throw it out. But has this happened to other pans before, if so why? Please help. Regards, Patricia Aikman

Raj
Raj

Bought BC Granite Saucepan with lid September 2020 unfortunately handle of the lid just broke as I was lifting the lid . Is this covered under warranty ?

Inger
Inger

How hot can the "Baccarat Granite 30cm Wok With Lid" be used safely ?

Raz

Medium heat only. All granite items cannot be used on a hot heat. Yes, the manufacturers think never using a hot heat to cook with is reasonable.

Ian F.
Ian F.

How do you season in new Baccarat cookware

Raz

If it’s non-stick like their Granite cookware, you don’t. You can’t use oil and you can’t use a hot heat.

Lesley
Lesley

Hi, I am wondering if it is okay to use olive oil to season my granite frypan.. other than that I have sunflower or rice bran oil.. the instructions with the pan said to use vegetable oil..

Kel
Kel

DONT ever use olive oil ! Sunflower is way safer for the life of your pan if you need to

Jules
Jules

What’s the difference between the stone roasting dish and the granite one please

Aussiebloke34
Aussiebloke34

Anyone with warranty issues and them not getting honored, contact consumer affairs.

Lorenzo
Lorenzo

Hi, I have a baccarat cast aluminium non stick granite stockpot. I used in on a Miele induction cook top and it struggled to get the water to boil for my pasta . I have a large stockpot 10.8 litres is this normal ? Couldn’t keep the water bubbling like water boiling unless I had the lid on ?

Nick M.
Nick M.

I replaced all my Baccarat except for the largest pan. The metal lacks the ferrous metal content required for even and strong induction. I spent the dollars and purchased Scanpan Coppernox and these are brilliant on induction due to the heavy bases and high copper content (although not non-stick). Even the very small gravy pot works on my extra -large induction hob, whereas the small Baccarat saucepan is not even recognised as being present. My cooktop is a 90cm high end ASKO incidentally. As a side note, my largest stockpot was $15 from KMart. 11L volume. Boils very fast on induction.

Jo B.
Jo B.

What is the best 26cm nonstick frypan? The Baccarat Stone or Granite? Or any other suggestions
I hate using oil as it always burns so want the best nonstick frypan.

Hi Jo
I have only had Granite which I have found to be great. I use hardly any oil or none and never had a problem. I have never tried the Stone but I have been told it is very good. Hope this helps.

David J.

I believe the Granite will suit your needs better, however you still need to condition both pans with oil and papertowel on a monthly basis to keep the non-stick coating in good condition. If you do this, you shouldn't need extra oil. I personally use olive oil for the treatment.
Also, if you're burning oil regularly, I would look into different cooking oils, as each has a different burn temperature and you might find using a different oil will help you achieve higher temperatures while not burning the oil.
Lastly, non-stick pans do have a limit when it comes to how much heat you pump into them - if they start to smoke it means you're releasing harmful toxins into the air. A non-stick pan should *never* be so hot that it smokes (I'm not talking about the food steaming/burning, I mean when you're heating up the pan prior to cooking, if it starts smoking you've got it too hot!).
If you like extremely high cooking temperatures, I would avoid non-stick completely and use a stainless steel pan with some high-temp oil. This will protect your health, although it will mean a lot harder cleaning come washing up time!

chandra
chandra

I have just bought the 42cm grill plate to use on my induction hob. I understood that it can be used on an induction cooker but some people are saying it doesn't work. Has anyone had success with using the grill plate on an induction hob?

Kate

Hi Chandra, I have a full set of Baccarat Granite which, unfortunately, because of the bases on the pans, do not work properly on my SMEG induction. Granite bases have an indent which is not magnetic and this can ruin your induction. I also have the grill pan which is flat. These are suitable but I find the pan does not heat as hot as say gas. I love my Granite cookware but, unfortunately, it is not suitable. The company have been very good to me and are changing it for another set of suitable pans. I hope this has been of some help to you.

Paula
Paula

Just wondering if there is meant to be a gap between the roast dish and the lid as one side fits perfectly but the other side there is a gap is this for the steam to release? Or have I got a faulty roast dish?

Hanna
Hanna

I have the same problem, l just bought the baccarat Never Eva set but the lid does not fit properly on the casserole dish

Kal179
Kal179

Can i cook in butter?

Peter Howitt
Peter Howitt

How do you clean accumulated burnt on material

David J.

I am going with the presumption of burnt on material inside the pan, not on the base of the pan.
Boil 50% white vinegar, with 50% water for about 10 minutes (not too long or you can damage the non-stick coating). Then wipe with a non-scratch sponge, and and dry with a hand towel. When it is completely dry, do the monthly conditioning process (put a few drips of cooking oil onto the pan and wipe around the whole inside with a papertowel).
That should hopefully fix the issue.

Ann Dewhurst
Ann Dewhurst

I have the small granite fry pan and everything is sticking, please help

David J.

Make sure you're conditioning the pan monthly! :)

Kate

I have used Baccarat Granite for almost of my cookware. One of my pot has little scratches at the bottom now, should i threw it away? I am afraid it’s toxic. Thanks!

David J.

Interestingly enough, non-stick coatings are not hazardess to ingest in physical form! So you can continue using the pan without having to worry about little specs getting into your food.
However, if you get a non-stick pan too hot and it starts smoking, the non-stick coating releases a hazardous toxin into the air which you should avoid at all costs from breathing in. Lesson is, never leave your pan warming up unattended!

Josie
Josie

Hi there I have the 25 year guarantee on a pan I have bought - the non stick surface is no longer non stick. Can you confirm what I am required to do to return this to obtain a replacement please ? Many thanks Josie

Rose

Can you please tell me the difference between rock and granite rock, I am trying to decide which type to buy for my induction cooktop from AEG. Thanks Rose

Tyler
Tyler

The Granite is forged aluminium whereas the Rock is hard anodised, you will find that the Rock renders off natural fat quite quickly and gets rid of it to continue colouring the food, whereas the Granite has a smoother surface and holds onto fat longer in the pan giving it a more "Non-Stick" type quality, the Rock is better and more heat resistant, it handles more punishment and remains non-stick as long as you aren't burning extra virgin olive oil onto it, but the Granite is great for enveloping flavour with natural fats. They both have a food-safe PTFE, this acts as moisture maintenance so that seasoning is kept to a minimum. If you are looking for a MASSIVE range, Granite is bigger, If you looking for heat and scratch resistance the Rock is better. Both are pretty good, however.

Rose

Can anyone tell me the difference between rock and granite rock please I am trying to decide which type to buy for my induction cooktop from AEG. Thanks Rose

Kathleen
Kathleen

can I use this pot to brown on cooktop and then place in hot oven?

Get an answer from our members and Baccarat representatives