Bank Australia Online

Bank Australia Online

Very good online and customer service experience.

Moved last year from NAB to Bank Australia because I wanted to use a bank that does not cost people, in every sense of the word. Opening various accounts has been very easy and fast, and when contacting customer support (I needed to close some accounts) they have been very helpful, friendly and efficient.
I am all set up with current, savings and term accounts and I can access them seamlessly online.
So far so good, but mostly I feel better about my banking and its effects on people and the environment. You get regular updates on how they work towards a more socially responsible banking.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account

Not all bridging loans are the same.

In need of bridging finance I compared Bank Australia and two of the big four banks. In total, the amount of my two loans (existing home loan and bridging loan) represented 48% of the value of the two properties. Both big four banks insisted they needed to take over the existing home loan and admitted that most people who need a bridging loan have limited options so they know they can charge pretty much what they like. Bank Australia not only saved me more than $10,000 but their customer service was far superior and I felt that my needs actually mattered to them. They were the only bank that offered a flexible loan with no repayments before settlement, and the interest on the loan was more than 1% lower than the big banks.

Review TypeLoan Application

Easy and ethical

I only recently joined Bank Australia and it was incredibly easy. I went to the website, put in my details, and opened an account. Very straightforward, didn't need to go to a branch, and I got a quick call from Bank Australia the next day to check if there was anything staff could help with. Happy to have joined a simple and ethical institution.

I’m an ethical banker!

I am so excited to have joined Bank Australia. I researched all the options, wanting to find a bank that cares about our world, my world. I found some, but only one had great customer reviews... Bank Australia. I applied online one evening and it was done, the card was on its way to me. I didn’t realise how good it would feel to make an ethical choice in my banking. Join me.

Review TypeNew Account

A bank I actually feel good about.

I just refinanced my home loan with Bank Australia after being a CBA and NAB customer for many many years. I had really good, personal customer service from one consistent person throughout my application process. I felt supported and had great, clear communication. I also feel good that the profits they're making from me are going to ethical investments. It's an excellent feeling to get away from the dodgy ethics of the 'big four' and put my money where my ethics are.

Review TypeLoan Application and New Account

Easy, friendly, no hassle!

Recently joined! previous bank was a disgrace. So far each set up, no hassle at all, bank australia made it simple, easy process. Helpful & followed up, Im glad i switched!

Great customer service

Compared with Commonwealth it is perfect Bank with brilliant borrowing money policy’s. I have never had any problems. App is working properly and intuitively; however, if you were a call to customer service I am pretty sure you will wait less than a minute for response. Great service.

An improvement on Useless

Some time ago I posted a comment on the frustration of trying to deal with Bank Australia.
After starting in early April we had our mortgage finalised today in early August - at least in the same year. We would hold up our hands to being responsible for say 7 days of the hold up.
Perhaps the issue is the fact they do not have branches in WA but that does not explain their right hand being completely unaware of what the left hand was doing.
We can honestly say we would have given up if not for the late involvement of Mr Pramil Reddy - Bank Australia has a winner with Pramil who went beyond the best of our expectations.
Hopefully this is the start of a good relationship going forward.

Review TypeLoan Application

Easy on-boarding process, reasonable app and features

Coming from Comonwealth, it was nice to get a better interest rate and no account fees being under 25yo. I wanted a bank that was not part of the big 4, not even a subsidiary, with protection from the government. Unlike ING, BankAust was reasonably easy to sign up for. My only complaint is I couldn't sign up from overseas, which made me wait for my debit card longer. The debit card works with my phone great, and the companies values are worth looking at too!

Everything you need in one place. Easy to use. Great Products

I have been with Bank Australia (previously MECU) since starting work at a school back in 1988.
I am totally impressed with everything about Bank Australia.
I have never had any problems.
The staff are amazing. They certainly go over and above.
Terms and conditions are amazing

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Couteous and Helpful

I have had a few contacts with Bank Australia in relation to my disabled son's accounts over the last couple of weeks. There were some difficulties relating to our particular circumstances due to security 'procedures', but these difficulties were overcome courteously and with the helpful persistence of Bank Australia support. Thank You

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account

Fast, easy, fully-featured bank!

I recently opened an account with Bank Australia and every part of the process was easy and simple. When signing up, they gave me the option to open up mutliple accounts and to order a visa debit card immediately, which meant I could use it effectively from day one. When I needed to contact them over an insignificant issue, the customer service person was friendly, professional, knew exactly how to help me, and solved the issue immediately. When I received the visa debit card in the mail, and activated it using the app, I found that the app did everything correctly the first time. It activated, let me set my own pin, connect to apple pay, and I was able to make a purchase as soon as I arrived at a cafe 10mins later. Definitely can recommend.

Review TypeNew Account

Ethical, proactive and so easy!

I have recently joined this bank (three weeks) after reading about the ethical investments they target. Easy to join on-line, and really liked the proactive follow-ups via phone and email. Impressed that I can use standard ATM's for free!
The website and phone app is very customer friendly and clean in it's look. Loving it!

Review TypeATM Experience and New Account

Such a great and cheap bank that are realistic and fair

I’ve been with this bank only a few months and I already find it to be incredibly reliable because they do exactly why they say they will and send emails for everything Regarding updates and offers. My customer experience with this bank hasn’t been great as I had to make a phone call and the query was addressed almost instantly.

Review TypeNew Account

New customer, good start, intuitive setup and website.

Approx. 1 - 2 week
Yes, so far all of my enquiries have been resolved.
Very good. The application, online banking interface and smart phone app were easy. I received a welcome call, the consultant was very nice and helpful.

Banking with a conscience

I have been unhappy with the dubious ethics of the major financial institutions for a long time. Finding out about the values of Bank Australia and how it goes about its business was like a breath of fresh air for me. I have recently opened a savings and transaction account with them and couldn't be happier with the service I have received from Bank Australia so far. Shortly after opening the accounts online (which was a breeze) I received a phone call from one of their staff to thank me for joining them and ask me if I had any queries. My main reason for joining them was their focus on customers and their support for ethical and sustainable industries. The fact that I now receive more than 50% more interest on my savings account than with the major bank I switched from was icing on the cake!

Review TypeNew Account

The best banking experience by far

I decided to move my banking to Bank Australia having been a customer of a ‘national’ bank for 20years. Despite my significant savings (proceeds of sale of house) my ‘national’ bank was not interested in my business when my partner and I applied for a ‘top up mortgage’ for our new home. Bank Australia have been approachable, personable and so easy to deal with from the minute I contacted them. Today they surpassed all banking experiences by being human with an interest issue i had - their ethos encouraged me but they way they do business means that my partner and I have moved all our personal and business banking to bank Australia. I rarely write reviews but could add more and more to this. This is the way banking should be. Thank you

Review TypeBusiness Banking, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

About time

Just signed up as a new customer and so far couldn’t be happier with the service. Looking forward to a long association with Bank Australia. Nice to speak to people I can understand.

Glad I made the switch!

I have only just become a Bank Australia member but am glad that I finally made the time to switch. It was extremely quick and easy to setup new accounts and transfer funds across. I was not happy having my money held by another provider that invested in industries that were completely unaligned with my own values. I am pleased that I switched to Bank Australia - they have been very welcoming (the welcome phone call to answer any queries, and provide a time line for when my Debit card would arrive, was much appreciated), the online banking system is easy to use (which is essential, as there are no physical branches nearby), and - most of all - I really appreciate their ethical investment ethos. I would highly recommend Bank Australia. I have had a very positive experience thus far.

Review TypeNew Account
Hi Hollie, thanks for your lovely review. We’re delighted to hear you have had such a great experience with us, receiving honest, fair and reliable service. As a customer owned bank we truly do put our customers first. It’s also great that you love our ethical values and our online banking! Thank you for choosing to bank with us :) Bank Australia.

Bank Australia Review

I have been with Bank Australia since it was Outlook Credit Union at Ansett in the late 1970s. I am always recommending Bank Australia to family and friends telling them the members own the bank not shareholders like the big banks. The staff are always friendly and helpful.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions
Hi Dee, Thanks for taking the time to leave your lovely review. So glad to hear that you have been recommending us and have stuck by us over the years. :) Thanks - Bank Australia.