Bank of Queensland Online

Bank of Queensland Online

1.3

Jonathan M.

Jonathan M.Hobart, TAS

Outdated technology and unhelpful customer service

TopicNew Account
Adibabi

AdibabiWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

I'M OUT OF HERE !!

Rob P

Rob PSydney, NSW

Awful savings account. Avoid at all costs. Cancelled within two months

Opened the account for two months but had to cancelled after failing to receive bonus interest for two consecutive months as well as the awful experience using their banking app.

Find out how Bank of Queensland Online compares to other Banks

Good home loan options but internet banking platform is from 2010.

Moved to BOQ not too long ago when I needed to refinance. No issues with the refinance, rates were good and their lending limits are far better than the big 4. The biggest issues I have with BOQ is their internet banking platform. It’s functions, design and layout looks like it was designed 10 years ago. Also you can’t see your home loan details, for example I can’t see what my current variable rate is or my re-draw availability. Needs a lot of work to catch up with other banks.

Sara

SaraMelbourne

Misleading or deceptive

Amanda

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can’t believe how bad this service is

Really bad customer service. A transaction for a laptop I have waited for a long time for - could not be processed. There is no issue with funds or card. Can’t get through to them at all

Chartruse

ChartruseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't have the technology and Kelly at geebung says BOQ doesn't know if or when

I have been a customer for nearly 25 years, a quarter of a century... They are rude and don't have technology time for me to and look for a new bank.

Prapha

PraphaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible experience never pay up as promised

Bank stated 2.15% high interest rate each month done everything they have ask to meet the requirement but they keep making excuses to pay up properly when transfers thousands of dollars they say it will be pay the month after next month so in next 2 month and when I change to a different bank no interest was ever paid the next month after even tho it was transfer half way through that month. Very annoying poor service bunch of liars only want to make money if you buy never want to give like promise never again will I go back to this bank. Online banking is always down very simple function and it's 2020 and no Osko payment. Avoid the bank if you can.

TopicNew Account
Callum K.

Callum K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One of the most outdated mobile banking services I've ever come across.

I was with this bank for nearly two years. Every-time I logged in to the phone app it asks for you full account username and password, there's no option to change it to a pin. Sometimes it just forgot my account username so I would need to find and type it manually, it wouldn't even allow me to copy and paste.

The app is outdated and basically a website that is so difficult to use if you want to make a simple account transfer or try to pay an external bank account. I thought since the interest is higher than most savings accounts it would be worth it, but now they's introduced a new policy that you have to transfer money out of the account 5 times a month which I don't think suits what a savings account should do.

Andrea

AndreaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outrages and disgusting!

After waiting 35 minutes online to update my personal details, the consultant said, she cannot help,me anymore! I gave her all my details including my mother's maiden name, my balance and all my details!!
As I only use this account for online transactions, I couldn't remember the last transaction amount!
I think this bank is a disgrace !!
The middle of a coronavirus outbreak ,I am forced to go to a branch without a car to update my address!
Account will be closed!
Shocking service anyways, not gonna miss it! You guys should not be in business at all

Kari

KariSydney

Unbelievable level of incompetency

I've been with BoQ for 12 years and its only recently they've become argumentative and adversarial with small requests. One being the issuing of e-statements of which the last time I asked was an inconvenience and also inconsistent as a relative had asked the same request at the same hour of day and received their statement within hours, me? 14 working days. The latest request they said to go to a branch and pay the fee to print them out, we are not able to do it here (despite doing it for the past 5 years like this). The other replied saying they'll be issuing them on the 8th of March, of which I received it but my relative didn't! That day i opened an account with another bank and transferred my savings.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Debmac1

Debmac1Perth, WA

The app is hopeless for monitoring account balances

I've always loved BOQ until recently. It is so hard ro monitor my bank balance as debits don't appear quickly. I check knowing that I have direct debits about to go through, it looks like I have plenty to cover, then I check a few days later and the debits aren't showing up yet or the balance is lower than I expected.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

I banked with BOQ for just over two years as a personal customer.

Transfers are slow, the internet banking facility belongs in the 90s, and staff are uninterested in providing decent customer service. Getting hold of someone in the contact centre means well over twenty minutes on the phone waiting.

Take your money elsewhere or you'll regret it.

Steph

StephSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor internet banking & services

I've been with this bank for 10+ years and their internet banking has not improved, app is terribly designed and very minimal in function, there is no plans to integrate phone wallets ie. Apple Pay, and when I just called up to change some account details they couldn't 'verify who I was' (I have multiple accounts and I was logged in on my own computer anyway at home). eStatements also have no address on them, and you have to go into a branch (not open on weekends) to get one with your address. While the people on the customer service calls are nice enough, the processes are extremely frustrating. Changing banks now.

Poor service!!

Online platform crap!
Got cracked twice... both times had to go to branch to clear things up.
Then tried to login again last 2 days, again rejected password.... called no answer for > 30 min. Bad!!

Marko

MarkoBrisbane

Online banking overseas do not work

If you're overseas don't expect the card to be working, for every transaction you need to call the custumer service center which is not a free number (off course), third world country service in the 21st century, would not recommend.

jay

jay

online app

only bank in the world not to have a credit card balance amount and due date on the app. actually they don't even have a app it's only the desktop version on a mobile phone. apart from that they more expensive than the big 4 banks on a long term.
avoid at any cost even if it is the last bank in the whole world.

Kristian

KristianSouth Brisbane, Queensland

Very poor app and website, product performance no longer competitive

Was initially attracted by their competitive interest rate on the high interest savings account. But within months the rates have fallen and are now middle of the pack.

The website and mobile app are very bad. The app is basically a mobile website, it lacks all the functionality most other banking apps offer. The website itself does not provide anywhere near enough information about account status, interest rates, etc. There is no way to control your cards either such as pin resets.

They recently changed their conditions on their savings account, requiring multiple withdrawals from your savings account to meet bonus interest criteria. This is the last straw for me, I will be leaving this bank soon.

Jay

Jay

Worst mobile banking app award

Its 2019 and my mobile banking app is 13 characters long. No quick login, no shorter pins available, the mobile app is still website. User experience is non existent. Made the switch to cba and realised how ridiculous this bank is

Davey J.

Davey J.South East Queensland, QLD

A bank that does not believe their customers

Tina N.

Tina N.asked

Online

I have a bank of Queensland account how long will it take to transfer from my account to say a commwealth bank?

MikeH
MikeH

Assuming you are talking about a savings account (mortgages are much much more difficult to change). You will need to open new CBA accounts. Should be same day for a savings account (if you meet a Manager). Then you need to transfer money from BoQ to CBA ... can do this immediately if you have internet access. Then you are right to close down the B o Q account. :) So, if you have internet access and you can meet a CBA manager, and you are moving a savings account ... all the same day !

john smith
john smith

have you thought about asking the bank

ManagerManasked

Online

I submitted an application on line to open a transaction and linked savings account and apart from an automated email telling me that BOQ will be in touch when it is open after 2 full working days I have heard nothing since. Any other bank does an online identification and account is Immediately functional online. Why can’t BOQ have an account open and functioning yet after 2 working days?

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Call them tomorrow morning and ask them. My experience. With their online applications proved very slow. Best to go into a branch and new account applications are active within minutes of personally handing completed forms to a member of staff.

Ash
Ash

BOQ takes forever to get the simplest of tasks done. They also apparently have internal departments that cannot communicate with each other. The only way I have managed to get them to do anything is to ring them multiple times and use extremely strong language until someone decides to do their job.

ManagerMan

Thanks Jeff and Ash. Working full time it has been hard to go into a branch. After calling them I finally received an acknowledgment email yesterday saying my account is now open and they have posted me information on how to access internet banking and also information of my account details (I still don’t know account numbers, BSB etc yet!). They said I should receive that and my card in another 7 to 10 working days.....! (“Trust me, the details/cheque is in the mail!!). How does this bank ever win customers with their appalling service?? I think I will now just walk away and think myself lucky that they demonstrated up front how terrible their service is before I gave them any money. Is it possible to love a bank? Possibly, but not this one.....!!

Other Banks