Bank of Queensland Online

Bank of Queensland Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Topic
    • General Transactions (10)
    • New Account (4)
    • Business Banking (1)

jay

jay

online app

only bank in the world not to have a credit card balance amount and due date on the app. actually they don't even have a app it's only the desktop version on a mobile phone. apart from that they more expensive than the big 4 banks on a long term.
avoid at any cost even if it is the last bank in the whole world.

Craig

CraigGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor service from BOQ and now locked out of my account

I've consistently received extremely poor service levels, bad advice and now BOQ for no reason have been shut out of my online banking, waiting 30 mins at a time to speak to their call service to get the issue resolved. Been with this bank for 4 years and it has been bad news pretty much all of the way. Wouldn't recommend BOQ to anyone

Kristian

KristianSouth Brisbane, Queensland

Very poor app and website, product performance no longer competitive

Was initially attracted by their competitive interest rate on the high interest savings account. But within months the rates have fallen and are now middle of the pack.

The website and mobile app are very bad. The app is basically a mobile website, it lacks all the functionality most other banking apps offer. The website itself does not provide anywhere near enough information about account status, interest rates, etc. There is no way to control your cards either such as pin resets.

They recently changed their conditions on their savings account, requiring multiple withdrawals from your savings account to meet bonus interest criteria. This is the last straw for me, I will be leaving this bank soon.

Jay

Jay

Worst mobile banking app award

Its 2019 and my mobile banking app is 13 characters long. No quick login, no shorter pins available, the mobile app is still website. User experience is non existent. Made the switch to cba and realised how ridiculous this bank is

Davey J.

Davey J.South East Queensland, QLD

A bank that does not believe their customers

Lisa J

Lisa JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Backwards Bank..

BOQ are soooooooo slow processing anything- it takes forever for payments to go through..

So unless you like living in the dark ages don't use BOQ

Online is useless, you end up needing to physically go in to the bank for everything..

Fiona

FionaSydney, NSW

Very outdated & terrible customer service

Ross Clark

Ross ClarkPerth

This bank is descending into chaos, just like their share price

OMG Shocking Customer Service

These guys honestly, wait on hold for 40 minutes and have to hang up. Speak to someone regarding transferring money OS and they say it costs the same as a normal transfer and then get slugged $20. Then get a charge back and they keep the $20. Shocking, will be shifting my bank.

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service

Opened a savings account for my wife. Received some details via email but not enought o start transactions. Rang boq with my wife and asked to set up internet banking on the account. The operator would not deal with us because I was there. Blatantly would not help us because I was ytalking as well as my wife. We dont evn have any money in the account yet. Very poor customer service.

Awful Organization

TopicNew Account

A total pain in the a#$ to get anything done online

A total pain in the a#$ to get anything done online, I made the mistake of choosing these clowns to run my business banking through...big mistake.... changing as soon as I get the chance

TopicBusiness Banking

SusanOz

SusanOzBrisbane

Forcing customers to install an app

One positive thing about BoQ is that they offer some no-fee everyday and savings accounts with visa debit card. However their IT is a disaster: internet banking is badly made, and they force customers to download an app for some transactions. Can't BoQ just send verification sms, like all normal banks? What are people without smartphones supposed to do? Or people who don't want to hand their personal details over to some AppStore just to be able to download the app?

GPC

GPCSydney Surrounds, NSW

GANGSTERS

TopicNew Account
Wati

Wati

Great personal customer service, but, lack of web-based Customer Service software

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
EDW

EDWSydney, NSW

Worst App of any bank I know

This is the worst online app I know in Australia. About the same what we had ten years ago. No pin to login, slowest response you can experience, extremely limited functionality, and bad bad bad user experience overall. Takes days to reflect transfers. Suggest you go to a bank with professional tools, not outdated toys.

Levo

LevoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst bank in terms of service, web/app, interface and clarity of PDS

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Tina N.

Tina N.asked

I have a bank of Queensland account how long will it take to transfer from my account to say a commwealth bank?

MikeH
MikeH

Assuming you are talking about a savings account (mortgages are much much more difficult to change). You will need to open new CBA accounts. Should be same day for a savings account (if you meet a Manager). Then you need to transfer money from BoQ to CBA ... can do this immediately if you have internet access. Then you are right to close down the B o Q account. :) So, if you have internet access and you can meet a CBA manager, and you are moving a savings account ... all the same day !

john smith
john smith

have you thought about asking the bank

ManagerManasked

I submitted an application on line to open a transaction and linked savings account and apart from an automated email telling me that BOQ will be in touch when it is open after 2 full working days I have heard nothing since. Any other bank does an online identification and account is Immediately functional online. Why can’t BOQ have an account open and functioning yet after 2 working days?

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Call them tomorrow morning and ask them. My experience. With their online applications proved very slow. Best to go into a branch and new account applications are active within minutes of personally handing completed forms to a member of staff.

Ash
Ash

BOQ takes forever to get the simplest of tasks done. They also apparently have internal departments that cannot communicate with each other. The only way I have managed to get them to do anything is to ring them multiple times and use extremely strong language until someone decides to do their job.

ManagerMan

Thanks Jeff and Ash. Working full time it has been hard to go into a branch. After calling them I finally received an acknowledgment email yesterday saying my account is now open and they have posted me information on how to access internet banking and also information of my account details (I still don’t know account numbers, BSB etc yet!). They said I should receive that and my card in another 7 to 10 working days.....! (“Trust me, the details/cheque is in the mail!!). How does this bank ever win customers with their appalling service?? I think I will now just walk away and think myself lucky that they demonstrated up front how terrible their service is before I gave them any money. Is it possible to love a bank? Possibly, but not this one.....!!

Get an answer from our members and Bank of Queensland representatives