BankWest Online

BankWest Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Robert

RobertPerth, WA

ASIC Registration for opening up a account

I have been trying to open up a business account for 4 weeks and all I am getting from Bankwest the business name has to be open in the name(s) of the individuals I keep telling them log onto the ASIC website and look up the business name and you will see that the two entities are noted including there ABN numbers obviously too difficult to do at there end they keep telling me to go back to ASIC and update the document, ASIC telling me that the document is correct I think the intelligence factor is not quite as high as it once was at Bankwest

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Worst ever bank

Susan Hill

Susan HillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank and customer service ever

MrT

MrTPerth, WA

Most disappointing Bankwest on-line service

Bankwest on-line service kept me waiting for 30 minutes or more to talk to one of their consultants. At the end I gave up. I needed to do a simple payment for my vehicle licence but Bankwest system cut me out. That's why I needed to discuss it directly with one of their consultants. Not happy for sure!

John F.

John F.Sydney, NSW

Woeful Service

I applied for a zero international fee credit card 5 weeks ago.
Application on-line was simple but the pain starts when they assess your information.
I provided a yearly rental statement, they requested 3 month rental statement.
I had to explain to them that all the information they were after were contained in the yearly statement.
Was looking to get this card before my next overseas trip which was never going to happen.
Customer Service is unbelievably poor, I have no idea what the hold up is but have decided this bank isn't worth my time

Review TypeCredit Card Application and New Account

Safir

SafirPerth, WA

Unbelievably poor admin!

Review TypeNew Account

Anna

AnnaSydney

Very unhappy with my experience as their customer

Jsmooth570

Jsmooth570Sydney, NSW

Rubbish Customer Service - these guys deserve to be out of business

Edward P.

Edward P.South East Queensland, QLD

Do NOT do business with these guys

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

JanetMelbourne

Disappointing experience!!

Petrod

PetrodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bankwest don’t understand wait customer service is

Review TypeBusiness Banking

So bad I don't even know where to start

I have had no end of trouble with this bank and all I have is a credit card!! They were slow from the start. Then they randomly stopped sending me statement reminders and charged me interest for not knowing when I had a statement. They were rude when I called up saying that all my other credit card providers send me reminders. Security is obviously also poor as I got hacked and lodged a dispute for fraudulent transactions which is taking them an inordinate amount of time to investigate. It's now been over 4 weeks and they still don't know what to do. Hopeless

Miranda

MirandaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Bank

So far a great bank, easy to contact (via online chat or the app) and always get a quick response. Great products and simple banking, so far very happy with them.

Review TypeNew Account
Anthony

AnthonySydney, NSW

Terrible terrible experience

I've been with the bank for 7y, they've progressively become worse to deal with. Unreliable, poor customer service and putting me through hell and back every time I need something.

Review TypeLoan Application

JAW

JAW

Worst bank ever

Worst bank ever, I’ve been with them for 6 years and because I moved 3 hours away from the closest branch they have frozen my account! I have a lot of bills to pay and now I’m told that I have to wait until further notice.

Radio silence after being approved for credit card application only to never hear from them again

Review TypeCredit Card Application and New Account

Ho N

Ho NSydney

They closed your account without your consent

The balance in my Easy Transaction Account was $0 and due to personal circumstances I did not use my account for 6 months. Bankwest closed my account without my consent and I only found out when logging into Internet Banking and did not see the account. They deemed the inactivity period of 6 months is sufficient to close an account without notifying their customer. They tried to offer a solution by requiring me presenting myself to a branch and fill out a form so my account can be re-opened. What a joke. No wonder why their branch in Bankstown Centro has closed down and their rating on productreview is so low. Don't bank with Bankwest if you don't want to go through trouble like me and other people.

Glen Henzell