BankWest Online

1.5

Davaar Dan

Davaar DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doing ok

No problem adjusting my rate. Took a while (3 attempts to just get through) but got there in the end. Whilst the product is a bit average, the service more than makes up for it.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Dominic B.

Dominic B.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Non Covid Friendly and Terrible Fraud department

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Lex

LexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Crap n Joke

Bankwest you bunch of idiots you have done nothing but inconvenience me how many times are you going to block my accounts for no reason the fraud department needs to learn how to detect fraud because there assumptions that cost me money have always been wrong & let’s not talk about the bad attitude & ignorance of Bankwest employees & mangers Never bank with these crap & a bunch of criminals you will get your day bankwest

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Vibing G.

Vibing G.Sydney, NSW

Hidden fees that never happened before...

Bankwest has been charging me foreign transaction fees when the products I bought were Australian. They said that if the transaction is processed in US then you get charged although the amount suppliers processed were in AUD. Both the suppliers in past 2 month have said that they processed it in AUD but the 3rd party they are using in US and they have never heard of such a case. Definitely going to change as soon as COVID settles down. I have bought from these suppliers before and never had the extra charge. They said as soon as you put your debit card details it is treated like a credit card. Really disappointed at their dodginess.

Live

LiveDarwin, NT

Hand balling is customer service these days

Speaking to a home loan staff me never Jessica D Home Finance Manager in WA, after she gets backs to be days/ week later, she advised she was going on leave and could not help, and to call up to get so one new.

I advised happy to wait and that works with Well with me.

Then refused to help saying must contact the phone number to get help. ( this was after the phone staff advised to use the contact us on the website)

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
CGSYD

CGSYDSydney, NSW

Covid Hardship Package vs Hardship - Be VERY CAREFUL!!!!

C.W

C.WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst bank ever

Worst bank ever, very inflexible with their policies. Have been with Bankwest for a while - okay if you don't require any assistance from them however, the minute you do, very hard to get hold of anyone, unwilling to assist you to retain you as a customer. just provide you with a template response. they don't care about their customers. App is basically unusable so is their banking website!!! AVOID AT ALL COST.

Chris D

Chris DPerth, WA

Most disappointing bank ever!

I've been with Bankwest since the 80's and it has now proven to be the least supportive bank of the 3 banks I deal with during this Covid-19 time.
I requested a moratorium on my credit card account as I had to shut my small business down and was only given 2 months of which at the end of, they then demanded that I pay the money I did not pay during the 2 months. So essentially all they did was accumulated my monthly payments during the moratorium!
The whole idea of a moratorium and requesting hardship support is to freeze your account. Very underhanded this was never explained to me at the beginning when I requested help. What's the point of having a moratorium?? My financial situation has not changed??
SHAME ON YOU BANKWEST

Tony

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware of balance transfer of credit card

I've been with them for over 6 years and did several balance transfers from other credit cards but in the last one they start charging me interest when I thought my balance was all at 0% from a balance transfer.
They argued that I made too many payments outside the billing cicle and it went to that balance transfer so they charge me interest on other purchases
So unless you have nothing to do but checking when is your billing cicle, just don't do any balance transfer because you'll be charged 2% balance transfer fee and you'll end up paying interest like me.
Shifty way to deal with costumers if you ask me.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

Find out how BankWest Online compares to other Banks

The worst and brainless robots

I've been with tgis bank for 15 years and after i expressed my disagreement ONCE about my credit card they sent a letter stating that they are closing my account. What a brainless place.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

worst banking service

I have the worst experience in just opening a bank account. I applied for new small business banking, after my ID verification itself on the 14th day when i called them they said they will escalated my application process and its gonaa take 2 more days same stuff they told me on my previous call. they just made 1 day job to a more than two weeks job.

TopicBusiness Banking
Ciao Telstra !

Ciao Telstra !PERTH

Waste of Oxygen

Absolutely useless Bank ! What else can I say ! BW Internet Banking is a Joke ! Nothing good about this Bank at all ! Hasta La Vista I won't be back B W !

Chris

ChrisCanberra 2600, ACT

Efficient and a Pleasure to Deal With

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
dont bother

dont botherPerth, WA

Couldn’t access my money

During a pandemic of all times, I couldn’t do any online ordering or access my own money, now I have to swap over all my direct debits to another bank but I’m sure it will be worth it.

MOney transfer impossible

Trying to transfer money from BW to another Aust bank. they have to call you. if you miss the call - bad luck - they call you next day, or maybe the day after that- too bad if the money transfer is important or neede by a certain time. Completley unresponsive to calls. this is what happens when branches close and faceless call centres take over- you have to do all the calling and waiting for no response. Get your money out of this bank as fast as you can ( if you actually get it out).

Bella

BellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worst bank by far in Australia

Shocking customer service, only empty promises and they won't even cooperate with the Financial Ombudsman after numerous attempts to resolve the dispute over absurd fees and charges. The bank should be closed down for business.

Luke Lam

Luke Lam

Bankwest by far is the best Online Bank I ever had out of 8 others

Helpful staffs understanding your situation and honoured as promised.

Will continue bank with Bankwest for as long as they don't turn into one of those larger banks which are less customer focused over time.

Credit Card Application Denied

Applied for a credit card for overseas travel, was denied. Excellent credit rating, own our own home and investment properties, both on a good income. No reason given, can only assume, reading all the reviews, that because I work part time only this is the reason. Looks like we dodged a bullet - ING offer an account with no international transaction fees which is where we will be going.
* received a letter stating why I was declined - 1. stability of employment - I've only been in my job for 9.5 years (obviously not long enough) and 2. stability of our residence - we've only owned (and lived in) our home for 15 years (again, obviously not long enough).

TopicCredit Card Application
poodlegirl

poodlegirlAU

Could be great but is counterintuitive and difficult to use

TopicBusiness Banking
Dave.64

Dave.64AU

Started to really go downhill