BankWest Online

BankWest Online

• Topics
    • General Transactions (10)
    • Credit Card Application (9)
    • Business Banking (6)
    • New Account (6)
    • Loan Application (4)
    • ATM Experience (1)

Luke Lam

Luke Lam

Bankwest by far is the best Online Bank I ever had out of 8 others

Helpful staffs understanding your situation and honoured as promised.

Will continue bank with Bankwest for as long as they don't turn into one of those larger banks which are less customer focused over time.

Credit Card Application Denied

Applied for a credit card for overseas travel, was denied. Excellent credit rating, own our own home and investment properties, both on a good income. No reason given, can only assume, reading all the reviews, that because I work part time only this is the reason. Looks like we dodged a bullet - ING offer an account with no international transaction fees which is where we will be going.
* received a letter stating why I was declined - 1. stability of employment - I've only been in my job for 9.5 years (obviously not long enough) and 2. stability of our residence - we've only owned (and lived in) our home for 15 years (again, obviously not long enough).

poodlegirl

poodlegirlAU

Could be great but is counterintuitive and difficult to use

TopicBusiness Banking
Dave.64

Dave.64AU

Started to really go downhill

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Anthony L.

Anthony L.South East Queensland, QLD

Such pathetic service!!

call them says plus use online messaging - did that no reply for 10 min so logged in next day
reply was automated and not relevant asking me to call a tel no - that tel no has a message saying use online messaging and we have a 15 min wait time on average - really ??
I walk into BOQ - they know my name and I can email the manager direct.
I will close this home loan - current rate with Bankwest 4.6 % other banks under 3%
disappointed - Anthony

Spanna

SpannaPerth, WA

Treat the dead worse than the alive ones

I am the executor of my late mother's estate. I went into the bank to lodge all the forms and prove everything to them. I was told this would take 24-48 hours, ok no problem. It is now the end of the 4th working day and I was told the funds we be in the account at close of business today. Guess what, NO FUNDS. I am sick and tired of this, my anxiety levels are now high and I am being treated like a nobody. I will be lodging a complaint with them also AFCA as this is unacceptable. I cannot wait to close this account and never have anything to do with them ever again.

no tax knowledge AT ALL

I have invest some cash with bankwest, and the interest I earned have been deducted at tfn tax rate which is over 40%, I told online staff and call them to explain that I am non resident and should be taxed at 10% non resident tax rate, BUT NO ONE UNDERSTAND, including team leader, staff member, that's basic knowledge of interest payment tax deduction. anyway, avoid them if you can :(

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Pathetic bank

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Was great now is very bad

They have closed almost all of their branches, and when you phone them there is a 15 minute delay. They are owned by Comm Bank, but you can't do any transactions there. You can't deposit very much cash into the Post Office. They do less and less for you, that's why their advertising campaign is less bank. There is no longer any bank left. Time to leave.

Naga

NagaPerth, WA

Bad customer service I been 5 years..it's not really reliable currently.need trained the customer service staffs.

Sharee

Sharee

Moving goalposts

went for construction loan with BankWest, they keep asking for more deposit money. Now we have either no money to finish the house or no house loan and we are already over $60k invested. They have moved the goalposts so many times and use dodgy valuation firms. Our valuation has been altered 3 times despite valuations supposed to be fixed for 3 months they altered ours within 48 hours costing us more money each time.
Avoid this bank at all costs!

Robert

RobertPerth, WA

ASIC Registration for opening up a account

I have been trying to open up a business account for 4 weeks and all I am getting from Bankwest the business name has to be open in the name(s) of the individuals I keep telling them log onto the ASIC website and look up the business name and you will see that the two entities are noted including there ABN numbers obviously too difficult to do at there end they keep telling me to go back to ASIC and update the document, ASIC telling me that the document is correct I think the intelligence factor is not quite as high as it once was at Bankwest

TopicBusiness Banking

Worst ever bank

Susan Hill

Susan HillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank and customer service ever

MrT

MrTPerth, WA

Most disappointing Bankwest on-line service

Bankwest on-line service kept me waiting for 30 minutes or more to talk to one of their consultants. At the end I gave up. I needed to do a simple payment for my vehicle licence but Bankwest system cut me out. That's why I needed to discuss it directly with one of their consultants. Not happy for sure!

John F.

John F.Sydney, NSW

Woeful Service

I applied for a zero international fee credit card 5 weeks ago.
Application on-line was simple but the pain starts when they assess your information.
I provided a yearly rental statement, they requested 3 month rental statement.
I had to explain to them that all the information they were after were contained in the yearly statement.
Was looking to get this card before my next overseas trip which was never going to happen.
Customer Service is unbelievably poor, I have no idea what the hold up is but have decided this bank isn't worth my time

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Safir

SafirPerth, WA

Unbelievably poor admin!

TopicNew Account

Anna

AnnaSydney

Very unhappy with my experience as their customer

Jsmooth570

Jsmooth570Sydney, NSW

Rubbish Customer Service - these guys deserve to be out of business

Edward P.

Edward P.South East Queensland, QLD

Do NOT do business with these guys

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application