BankWest Online

BankWest Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

no tax knowledge AT ALL

I have invest some cash with bankwest, and the interest I earned have been deducted at tfn tax rate which is over 40%, I told online staff and call them to explain that I am non resident and should be taxed at 10% non resident tax rate, BUT NO ONE UNDERSTAND, including team leader, staff member, that's basic knowledge of interest payment tax deduction. anyway, avoid them if you can :(

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Pathetic bank

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Was great now is very bad

They have closed almost all of their branches, and when you phone them there is a 15 minute delay. They are owned by Comm Bank, but you can't do any transactions there. You can't deposit very much cash into the Post Office. They do less and less for you, that's why their advertising campaign is less bank. There is no longer any bank left. Time to leave.

Naga

NagaPerth, WA

Bad customer service I been 5 years..it's not really reliable currently.need trained the customer service staffs.

Sharee

Sharee

Moving goalposts

went for construction loan with BankWest, they keep asking for more deposit money. Now we have either no money to finish the house or no house loan and we are already over $60k invested. They have moved the goalposts so many times and use dodgy valuation firms. Our valuation has been altered 3 times despite valuations supposed to be fixed for 3 months they altered ours within 48 hours costing us more money each time.
Avoid this bank at all costs!

Robert

RobertPerth, WA

ASIC Registration for opening up a account

I have been trying to open up a business account for 4 weeks and all I am getting from Bankwest the business name has to be open in the name(s) of the individuals I keep telling them log onto the ASIC website and look up the business name and you will see that the two entities are noted including there ABN numbers obviously too difficult to do at there end they keep telling me to go back to ASIC and update the document, ASIC telling me that the document is correct I think the intelligence factor is not quite as high as it once was at Bankwest

TopicBusiness Banking

Worst ever bank

Susan Hill

Susan HillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank and customer service ever

MrT

MrTPerth, WA

Most disappointing Bankwest on-line service

Bankwest on-line service kept me waiting for 30 minutes or more to talk to one of their consultants. At the end I gave up. I needed to do a simple payment for my vehicle licence but Bankwest system cut me out. That's why I needed to discuss it directly with one of their consultants. Not happy for sure!

John F.

John F.Sydney, NSW

Woeful Service

I applied for a zero international fee credit card 5 weeks ago.
Application on-line was simple but the pain starts when they assess your information.
I provided a yearly rental statement, they requested 3 month rental statement.
I had to explain to them that all the information they were after were contained in the yearly statement.
Was looking to get this card before my next overseas trip which was never going to happen.
Customer Service is unbelievably poor, I have no idea what the hold up is but have decided this bank isn't worth my time

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Safir

SafirPerth, WA

Unbelievably poor admin!

TopicNew Account

Anna

AnnaSydney

Very unhappy with my experience as their customer

Jsmooth570

Jsmooth570Sydney, NSW

Rubbish Customer Service - these guys deserve to be out of business

Edward P.

Edward P.South East Queensland, QLD

Do NOT do business with these guys

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

JanetMelbourne

Disappointing experience!!

Petrod

PetrodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bankwest don’t understand wait customer service is

TopicBusiness Banking

So bad I don't even know where to start

I have had no end of trouble with this bank and all I have is a credit card!! They were slow from the start. Then they randomly stopped sending me statement reminders and charged me interest for not knowing when I had a statement. They were rude when I called up saying that all my other credit card providers send me reminders. Security is obviously also poor as I got hacked and lodged a dispute for fraudulent transactions which is taking them an inordinate amount of time to investigate. It's now been over 4 weeks and they still don't know what to do. Hopeless

Miranda

MirandaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Bank

So far a great bank, easy to contact (via online chat or the app) and always get a quick response. Great products and simple banking, so far very happy with them.

TopicNew Account