Barefoot Telecom

Great company

Their delivery and connection dates were earlier than expected.
Their tech support line is answered immediately and your not left on hold for hours waiting, like with other internet providers.
All of my technical issues have been resolved promptly by helpful and friendly staff.

Start DateApril 2018

Excellent product/service.

Lives up to it's claims, has just given me a further 3 months at the lower introductory rate, I'm so impressed because it was unexpected. Download and upload speeds are consistent and what we signed up for.

Start DateOctober 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Albert, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team

Grateful to their customers

When calling Barefoot there are very short if not non existent wait times and the staff are extremely helpful and professional. When issues have occurred they have been dealt with quickly and professionally putting costumer satisfaction first.

Start DateMay 2016

Brilliant company to deal with ☆☆☆☆☆

I have used Barefoot Telecom for both NBN and ADSL services over the past 3+ years, initially for their great value and no contract, then delighted to discover a company with awesome customer service. A very helpful team which goes above and beyond the call of duty, regular updates when there were occasional NBN drop-outs, and even replacing my modem free of charge when it became faulty after moving house. It would take a lot for me to jump ship to another provider!

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Irene M, Wow, what can we say! Many thanks for your fantastic review. Glad to hear we have provided you a good experience! Regards, The Barefoot teamKeep up the awesome work Team!!

Good so far

I haven't had any issues with internet and it was easy to connect and set everything up. So far internet has been stable and normal speed, with the usual slow times after 5pm as with every other provider I have had in the past. I only had only issue with getting my new SIM card with them and they made a whole month of my life really difficult without any proper solution but for me to return to my old phone provider and their customer service is not great.

Start DateNovember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Vaj, Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our mobile service and customer service. Can you please advise your account number so we address this matter ASAP?

Great service. No issues. Support team very helpful

Connection stable. We are some distance from the local NBN node speed is 35-36 mbs download. Was same ratio as ADSL. Would be nice if a little faster, nonetheless happy.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Mark, Thanks for your review. Regards, The Barefoot team.

No thrills, No Fuzz, No Buzz but it is Cheap

I have been with a barefoot for a few months now after shopping around for a good broadband deal until NBN arrives. On the price they are very competitive and for service we have not had any outages but my word the service is sooooo slow. I have not had a slower of any provider compared to them.

Start DateNovember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Nico VDM, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 1300017622 so we can investigate.

Terrible speeds every night

My internet is basically unusable at night, slowing down to <1mbps (speed test) and then sometimes gets stuck on this speed during the day too. Customer service is only available until 7pm which is extremely frustrating for those who work long hours and means I can never call when the speeds go down. Repeated troubleshooting hasn't worked. I understand they rent the lines so their customers get booted off the bandwidth first. I'm not organising to change providers.

Start DateJune 2018
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi BeeC, We are sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Worst Experience ever with ADSL barefoot

I just came back from my holidays a month ago and decided to pair up with this company as i've previously done a nbn service with them. i must say a lot of things has gone horribly wrong.

1. Arrogant staff:

I politely asked if there was any discount or offer for a returning customer and the staff sounded angry and wasn't pleased at offering it to me.

2. Poor communication between staff

Sadly the staff could not pick up my address (if there was nbn or no nbn offered at the building). I was eventually signed up and was told there was an issue with the building (line disconnection fee) and needed to wait approximately 20 business days for the line to activate. No communication or follow up until the last day of the 20 days and was told i need to fork out additional $200+ to get the line re-install and wait another 20+ days. This was totally ridiculous. After having enough of this i decided to turn to another ISP.

I'm currently with TPG and i must say they were really polite and friendly. There was constant communication and follow up on the status on my installation. It took them a total of 3 business days to get everything sorted out.

My biggest regret was coming back to barefoot. Have really wasted my time and energy with you people that can't even get your processes right.

Start DateDecember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Tyron, Sorry to hear of your experience. Can you please advise your Barefoot account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Easy to deal with, do what they say they will do. Reliable service

Reliable, with constant download and upload speed. Download always between 45 & 47 Mbps. In nearly 12 months have only experienced just a very few short dropouts. We have a home phone VOIP service as part of the bundle, this has worked seamlessly, with better volume and clarity than our old ADSL service.

Start DateApril 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Richard, Many thanks for your review! Glad to hear you have had a good experience. Regards, The Barefoot team

Do NOT choose this ISP

I used this company for over a year. The service constantly dropped out and if I wanted to get it fixed I had to risk a very expensive outcall fee if I was found "at fault". On top of this, the service did not work at all for the last month, but the bill kept coming. And now, after having canceled the service more than a month ago, I am still getting my bank account debited by this company!! I even received an email confirmation from them saying that my account was closed, but I am still being charged. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. My overall experience is rated at 0/100. I literally feel robbed.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Mauricio, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

It's amazing what a difference good service makes!

I've been with Barefoot for about 12 months and they've been just fantastic. Connection was easy and the speed is consistently good.

But the real clincher is the customer service. When call Barefoot I usually get through in less than a minute, and not only when I was a potential new customer but afterwards too. Plus if the wait time is likely to be longer, they offer to call you back - and then they actually do! (Shocking right?) The staff there are always friendly and they know their stuff.

I recently had a look around for a cheaper price, and while I did find a plan that was a few dollars less per month, the reviews for that company were absolutely terrible. In the end it was Barefoot's excellent customer service that tipped the scales in their favour. I don't need to call them often, but when I do, I know it will be stress-free.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Mel C, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team

Great customer service

I have always said that the true way to see how good a company is to make a complaint. Any organisation can be good when everything is going great and their customers are happy it is when things go wrong that first-rate companies shine. Barefoot Investor have provided my household with fantastic service! The first instance was a misunderstanding on my part. We signed up for the $89.00 for 6 months deal and then $99.00. The 6 months came up quickly and when I disputed their charge they explained in a polite, non-patronising manner my error. The 2nd instance was we started to experience up to 3 dropouts per day with our NBN. I contacted them, they responded to me within 24 hours saying they agreed that the number of dropouts was unacceptable and would deal with it. They asked for a bit more info from us and within 48 hours it was fixed. Thanks!!

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Amanda H, Wow, thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Great to hear we have dealt with your complaints well. Regards, The Barefoot team

Took a while to get connected

It took a while to get my service connected as Telstra kept rejecting the order from Barefoot saying there were no ports available at my address. I nearly cancelled the order because Barefoot couldn't guarantee any ports would become available. Eventually (3 weeks later) Telstra managed to "release" new ports and the service was connected. Connection is good most times although sometimes it can be a little patchy when you watch Instagram stories or if 2 people are streaming at the same time.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Hellibelly, Thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Typical "its not our fault", but happy to charge for services not provided

When will telcos be held accountable for "services" they charge for? 2 months with no connection so closed account. No offers to refund, just the usual "we can troubleshoot" but you might have to pay for it depending on what we find. No thankyou im not paying to fix a bad line on a rental, in which we supposedly pay a "rental" fee for the line.
Day we cancel acccount we get a bill for another month, Barefoot sends an email stating they will refund. Blatant theft of our money
Terrible connection from the start, if it rained... no connection. Hot day.... no connection etc...

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Matty M, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Regards, The Barefoot team

So far so good

Spent 6 months on a byo month to month plan and have not had a single issue so far. Speeds have been great, setup was easy and their customer service has been perfect so far.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Hun, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Finally Telco provider in Oz that works out of the box

Giving 4 stars for old-looking members portal, everything else is great. This was our first move in Oz that did not require technician etc from telco company (we've been with Telstra and Optus directly before). Modem sent to our address worked in plug-and-play fasion. Also there 10GB 30$/mo deal for mobile phone for dsl customers is great value for money. When moving from ADSL to NBN also everything worked out of the box, and we didn't pay anything for technician.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Nikola, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Absolutely fabulous first up experience!

Contacted Barefoot at around 3:00 pm yesterday, service was connected by 7:00 pm! - had to wait until this morning for telephonic advice for router set-up - then away we flew at 30 down/20 up at 9:00 am. Superb service from staff members - and I can actually understand them because they speak Ozspeak. If this experience persists, I will be one very happy geriatric.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi oldnugly, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, Barefoot team.

All Good

The connection has been reliable.
Started having WiFi dropping out and called support who traced it to the modem being faulty and then replaced it and paid postage for returning of faulty modem - all of which was organised and handled very smoothly.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jill, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team

The service provided by Barefoot Telecom has been seamless. It is fantastic to have service needs met so readily and with tech experts without having to be on hold for hours on end. Very much appreciated.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Rob, Many thanks for your feedback and your kind words! Regards, The Barefoot team