Barefoot Telecom

Great company

From the st phone call to the actual connection has been great. They have kept me informed all the way. Connection by NBN was not straight forward but I was kept up to date by Barefoot. Not a long wait when phoning them. The night I was connected I rang and had to leave a message as they were busy, I thought it would be the next day before they replied as it was 6:40pm but no they rang me back that night. Great company to deal with. Only early days but speed seems good. Was recommended by my Sister who has been with Barefoot for a couple of years.

Start DateSeptember 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Lisa, Thanks for leaving us your feedback! Very glad to hear we have provided you with a good experience :-) Regards, The Barefoot team

Wonderful Service

Only switched to NBN today. There were lots of issues with a modem (my one I’d had from a previous company). Tim and Mike from Barefoot spent SUCH a long time on the phone with me, it wasn’t an easy fix! They were patient and knowledgeable. I haven’t got any feedback about the internet but customer service is fantastic. Well done guys!!

Connection TypeWireless
Hi Shell, Very glad to hear that our support team were helpful! Many thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, we will definitely pass on your feedback to Tim and Mike. Regards, The Barefoot team

as expected

Installation was arranged 3 months in advance for one particular day, and it happened on the hour.
Offer was improved for same money within one day.
No complaints whatsoever, I am very satisfied with the service and price

Start DateAugust 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Kurt, Very glad to hear this! Thanks for your feedback. Regards, The Barefoot team

Best in class service

Writing in particular as a shout out to the excellent customer service. NBNco themselves left contact cards complaining about a fault on my property that was affecting the rest of the neighbourhood and threatening to disconnect my service if i didn't contact them. The first time they did this the operator on the number they left didn't know what i was talking about. The second time i was on hold with the NBN HFC operations center for an hour without having spoken to a person before i gave up.

I figured Barefoot being my ISP would be able to help, within 5 minutes of picking up the phone they told me they would take care of it and said good day. 2 hours later they called me back with the actual details of the fault and what was needed to rectify it. Service staff member (Daniel) was quick and well spoken.

Never dealt with an ISP as good at interacting with their customers.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Contract Type12-month contract
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi phil e, Wow, what can we say! Many thanks for the great review and we are happy to hear that we have provided you with great service. Enjoy your connection! Regards, The Barefoot team

Dishonest

BEWARE. While claiming no exit fees, Barefoot is still operating strict monthly cycle charging with no pro-rate refund. Like most people, my transfer to another ISP was initiated part-way through the monthly billing cycle. Barefoot will continue to charge me for the service not provided for the rest of the month. That is an effective exit fee, which can be close to $90. BEWARE the false claim of no exit fee.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Cheated internet user, We are sorry to hear that you feel cheated. However, we can confirm we have no termination or exit fees. What you have described is not an exit fee. Yes, we do not offer pro-rata refunds or credits if you cancel or transfer mid-way through your billing period, but this is not an exit fee. The above was agreed and accepted to when you signed up to our service. Regards, The Barefoot teamAny charge as you exit that relates to a service not provided is an exit fee. Ask any customer. Better still, all reader, if you think this is an exit fee, 'Like' this review and expose Barefoot for what they are.Hi Cheated internet user, As advised, there is no exit fee. The charges you have been billed for are part of the product and plan you agreed to sign up for and were accepted when you signed up. Regards, The Barefoot team

Great technical support and customer service

Just recently moved to another suburb and the technical support provided from Barefoot is excellent. Barefoot is easy to deal with, professional and extremely helpful. No speed issue. Highly Recommended

Start DateJune 2017
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Simo, Very glad to hear you have had a great experience as a Barefoot customer! Your feedback is much appreciated by all of us here, thanks again! Regards, The Barefoot team

Pretty good

Generally quite slow especially in the evening it has never come up to the published speed, I’m generally quite satisfied with the service..modum arrived within a few days just plug and go ....

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Paul, Thanks for your review and glad to hear you are satisfied! If you are are experiencing issues with your internet service, we would recommend contacting our support team. Regards, The Barefoot team.

Unreliable and constantly dropping packets, often doesn't work at all!

The connection is constantly dropping packets and often doesn't work completely. At best the line is very noisy but often no working to any degree. Internet has hardly worked since its instillation, if no improvement can be seen for next month I will be leaving the service completely. Completely unreliable internet connection.

Start DateJuly 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Jordan, Sorry to hear this. If you are experiencing issues, we will need to troubleshoot. Have you contacted our support team? Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Regards, The Barefoot team

Barefoot NBN plan

Great customer serves and very helpful/knowledgeable when setting up new modem. Fast internet with few drop outs (crappy nbn not provider) also don't suffer from congestion problem like other providers.

Start DateMarch 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Lucas, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review! Glad to hear there is no congestion and our customer service was helpful. Regards, The Barefoot team

Best product on the market, hands down

We've been with Barefoot since NBN became available in our area. I shopped around for an unlimited high speed package as we have two teenagers who chew through the data. Another consideration was the fact that we were renting and didn't want to lock into a long term contact in case we moved to an area without NBN. Barefoot offered everything we were looking for and at the best price I found.
I love that I can call them and if the lines are busy they call me straight back so I don't have to sit on hold. Also, it's an Australian call centre and the odd occasion when we've had a technical difficulty and when we moved and had to set up the router again, I've spoken to someone really knowledgeable who remembers you if you called earlier in the day and doesn't just read through a pre-written checklist without using their own brains to figure out the issue!
Absolutely first rate service and the quality of the connection is great too. It's reliable and a decent speed (for Australia!).
Thanks Barefoot. I'll be using you again in our new house when we move again shortly :)

Start DateApril 2015
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Shannon L, Wow, what can we say, thanks for the great review! Glad to hear we provided you with a great experience! Thanks once again! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Great customer service

The two or three times I've spoken to the staff they have been extremely friendly and helpful. They seem to genuinely care about the support they provide. They are also easy to understand.

Start DateMarch 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Michael P, Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review. Glad to hear you found our support team helpful! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Excellent Customer Service

Called to relocate from one address to another, it was easy and quick the operator was extremely helpful. Called up a few weeks later with a technical issue and it was dealt with on the spot.

Start DateFebruary 2016
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi jroocke, Glad to hear we provided you with a great experience! Thanks for your review! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Barefoot's service is excellent - really did their best trying to get my NBN connection at my new address connected, keeping me well informed of progress. Unfortunately they are at the mercy of NBN who are not quite as efficient. Eventually got the NBN 25 Mid connected after about a week. The speed is great during the day but drops substantially during the evening for general internet use - streaming speed remains constant though.

Start DateOctober 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Stephan, Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review! Glad to hear you are happy with us! Regards, The Barefoot team.

Luca and Sam rock !

The barefoot guys got me up and running again
Service was courteous, polite and professional
Highly recommend their help as living in remote Alice Springs, no problems with this provider
Have recommended and will continue to recommend to others

Standalone or BundledStandalone
Hi Yvette, Many thanks for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review. We will pass your feedback onto Luca and Sam, and we are very happy to hear they were helpful! Regards, The Barefoot team

Had bad experience with service and team. Misguided

Paying $69 Didn’t get Any thing close to this service. Speed is terrible. So disappointed and annoying. Customer paying for money for services not excuse. Don’t trust Barefoot’s internet.
Keep blaming on NBN team.

Start DateApril 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Ravinder B, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Can you please confirm your Barefoot account number so we can look into this issue? Regards, The Barefoot team.601816. I also requested for compensation for that. But you team said we can’t do anything for you. And can’t provide good service. They never told me that I can’t get good service because my house is 900 mts away from hub. Which is not customer problem. Customer paying $69 per month more than year. But didn’t get even lite service. So disappointedHi Ravinder, Thanks for confirming your account details. The maximum attainable rate on your nbn line is 41Mbps and this is well within specifications for your chosen plan. The maximum speeds you can obtain on an nbn Fibre to the Node (FTTN) service are dependant on the maximum sync rate of your copper line as this is a physical limitation of this type of service. Regardless of which provider you choose, you will not achieve speeds faster than this as this is the limit of the technology nbn has rolled out in your area. We can confirm that no compensation can be provided in this instance as no fault or network issue was detected. We wish you all the best. Regards, The Barefoot team

Excellent Customer Service and Customer Consideration

Barefoot Telecom were an absolute pleasure to deal with with my NBN connection, given some difficult interactions with NBN and their installers. Berefoot Telecom, especially Michael T, were incredibly helpful in understanding my issue and working with NBN to get my installation issues resolved. They really supported me as a customer and kept me informed at every step of the process. Connected now (albeit very very recently) and connection very very strong so far. Previous ADSL2+ customer and nothing but good things to say with that customer service either. Very refreshing to be able to speak to someone in this country with support issues and calls answered or returned very promptly. Can't rate these guys high enough!! Great work Barefoot. Ecstatic customer ATM going from 2mbps connection to over 80mpbs.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Ray J, Wow, what can we say! We are glad to hear we have provided you with great support and will definitely pass your feedback onto Michael T. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this feedback and enjoy your connection. Regards, The Barefoot team

Brilliant Follow Through

Ongoing issues with nbn line dropping out. Barefoot were relentless on my behalf and continued to monitor the line function remotely and held nbn accountable. They have been excellent advocates on my behalf and are always friendly and helpful.

Start DateNovember 2015
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Happy Chap, Very glad to hear that we were able to resolve your issue! Enjoy your service and hopefully, there are no further issues. Regards, The Barefoot teamPlease thank Luka for his great service and support.Will do! Thanks again. Regards, The Barefoot team

Really great customer service

Barefoot were great.
We had a bit of a rocky start with the first month being disconnected twice, customer service team were wonderful and ready to help. From then, no issues.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Cecilia, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback, glad to hear you are happy with us. Regards, The Barefoot team

Excellent Customer Service

Barefoot had my service up and running in a matter of hours after my sign up. I had a minor issue with setup (which was entirely my fault) and I called their customer service number. The advice the support technician gave me was absolutely fantastic, he went above and beyond to ensure I was able to configure my modem correctly, and offered great advice about how I could improve the WiFi in my home in the event that I had any issues. So far though, the connection and speed has been terrific.
I can't recommend these guys highly enough.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Christopher, Many thanks for taking the time to leave us this review! Glad to hear you found our support team helpful. Enjoy your connection! Regards, The Barefoot team

Stable speed with excellent service

I was a bit worried before signup with Barefoot, I heard that internet speed is not good in Australia so that i didn't expect much at the beginning. But surprisingly the connection is really good & they provided a great services to me. Sent me a modern with all the values set up, what i needed to do is literally plug it to the NBN place. And everything works just fine. I've been using it for more than 10 months, so far i'm really satisfied.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Jiaji, Many thanks for your kind words and feedback. Glad to hear everything went smoothly. Regards, The Barefoot team.