Beko BDP83HW

Beko BDP83HW Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:12628 and BDP83HW
RitaN
RitaN

Has anyone had any luck controlling the mouldy smell that seems to never leave this dryer. I’m vigilant in making sure the water reservoir is emptied as soon as my cycle ends, I also clean the lint filters and the bottom fins of any lint, EVERY time this is used. I spray with with sanitiser, exit mould leave dryer paper in the drum and still this dryer makes me wash clothes again and dry them on the line. I have approached Beko and they have told me they have never encountered this problem. Friends who also have heat pump dryer have never had this problem. Does anyone have a workable solution to this?

Outback
Outback

My heat pump Beko dryer has water at the bottom when I open the latch. I never received a sponge filter in my bottom filter. I open the latch and unclick the red latches and water comes out. Is this normal or is there something I can do

Iantrigg1953

Some moisture does tend to pool in bottom of dual filter duct, revealed when the 3 red latches are turned and cover plug removed to clean fine lint from the metal fins, which resemble car radiator.
Wear gloves, to avoid cuts / nicks to fingers and Mop out moisture with sponge or paper towel and discard.
Exercise care when removing lint from metal screen as vanes are easily bent. I use toothbrush / vacuum brush tool, which is fiddly and takes patience and time, usually performed 3-4 times a year. If more than 3cm of condensate, perhaps the washing needs longer spin cycle or overloading with heavy soaked load of towels, might result in this happening.
Contact Beko in QLD for manufacturers advice if all else fails. I have piped the drain hose at rear, direct to laundry tub below s-bend in cabinet, so I don't have to empty water collection drawer at all. Hope this helps.

Damian
Damian

I posted this question to your support page a couple of months ago and have yet to receive a reply...

We have a BDP83HW heat pump dryer and we're having a problem with it binding up our bed sheets into such a tight ball they don't dry. Takes about 3 runs of the dryer to get them dry, having to pull them out after each attempt to unwind them. We are using the bedding setting on the machine. We are not sure how to resolve this and are quite disappointed and frustrated as this is supposed to be a good dryer? It was our understanding that the dryer had a reverse tumble function that would eliminate this problem, but it doesn't seem to ever reverse.

Jules
Jules

I've had exactly the same problem

Iantrigg1953

I had balled up sheets initially, but received advice not to mix up with towels and not overload ie; keep sheets only in same load.
I was advised gather corners together and fold in half twice, then tuck into dryer drum, 3 or 4 at a time. this worked for me using Cottons Xtra Dry setting & Dryness Max+ on menu screen.
An alternate suggestion by others is to use Dryer Balls to open spaces between items in drum, but I, haven't tried this myself.

Andreas D.
Andreas D.

Same problem. I used a dryer at another home that had a reversing drum rotation. It was excellent. I can’t understand why the beko doesn’t do this on the sheet setting. A firmware upgrade would solve it?

tam
tam

Hi, I have had my beko dryer for just a little over a year now and I have noticed that the door on it has got cracks in it and I'm just wondering if anyone else have had the same thing happen to theirs....

CB

Hi Tam, no mine never got cracks in it, mine just stopped drying :) My Beko washing machine door cracked (just out of warranty), and this was an easy replacement part to buy and install myself should your current door not be covered by Beko.

Sonya O.
Sonya O.

Yes I have and they are saying it is our fault and denying responsibility. They are saying it is from a blunt force and the only thing that would be from would be clothes in the dryer

darrell

I am extremely disappointed with this Beko BDP83HW dryer purchased May 2018, for the last 6 months it has been intermittently stopping and has been a real pig to get going again, have googled associated issues and checked all for no joy (reset button checked, water pump clear and condenser cleaned) , and now the damn thing has no digital display, anyone have these issues. We bought a pigeon pair washer/dryer....regretfully!

CB

I'm happy your review was posted. Mine was declined as beko advised my dissatisfied follow up review did not meet their terms and conditions. My repair bill is $950.. I think I'm going to have to bin it :(

darrell

I still have warranty and made contact with the retailer today,they were good and passed it straight through to suppliers...suggested dead motherboard, see how we go as it's not great for a dryer that cost over 1k

James
James

we have a beko heat pump dryer bdp83hw purchased july 2019 and the condensor clogs with lint even though we clean the internal lint filters after every dry. the lint on the condensors is also damp.
please advise solution
james

David S.
David S.

I noticed this has a reverse tumble action, can an owner tell me if a set of sheets and doona cover can be dried unattended without tangling?

JEB
JEB

Hmmm...struggling to get things dry...hope its just a matter of finding the correct setting....

Dane M.
Dane M.

Did you ever find a solution as in having the same issue

ENK
ENK

anyone that bought this still happy with it? Thanks

Inal

Yes, it is performing to expectations since I purchased from Appliances Online. I purchased at a slight discount to recommended retail price. It is very quiet in operation, I measured with full load at at 62dB max noise level. This model doesn't support internal drying rack for joggers or wool jumpers, like some alternate brand offerings. When you select drying program, it displays anticipated time period to complete drying, then adjusts as it is running to normally finish well short of original estimate.

I have put a full 7.5kg load though my Miele W5943 this morning and have decided to actually measure the time taken to complete load on Cotton Extra Dry Program and also selecting RapiDry option to further reduce drying time.The RapiDry selection further reduced initial 2:45 on eco only, to 2:10 at start of drying at 11:43am local time .

At 12:26pm the display was indicating 0:38min remaining time, having revised time estimate on the fly as load was drying. At this point ambient air temp outside home was 15 deg C. Internal temp in home 20deg C and 44deg C measured at heat pump vent on dryer. Noise level 58.5dB measured 1mtr on axis from dryer.

Dryer program End 13:02pm

Actual drying time for full load mixed clothing items was 1hr 19min on fastest least economical cycle .

Not using the RapiDry function would be most economical and take additional 30min estimate.

It can dry for example, on Shirts 30 cycle, 3 shirts or 1 light clothing change =3 items, from wet to completely dry in about 30min if you are in a hurry.

Hope this helps.

Rooster girl

Does the drum spin one way or both?

Inal

The drum rotates mostly in clockwise direction, with timed pauses, where it reverses direction briefly for a couple of turns to cause any tangles and balled sheets etc to rearrange distribution, then returns to clockwise rotation again. It continues to do this throughout main drying cycles.

Just another observation: You cannot purchase drying rack for jumpers , joggers etc, internal auxiliary item similar to Bosch or Miele, as this option is not supported by Beko

I am happy with the performance of this dryer after using it for a few months without incident, and is doesn't steam up laundry with condensation.

I have measured noise level at 62dB when running on big load. The heat pump doesn't cook your clothes, ruin elastics etc as it runs at lower temp, but still gets the job done. It is rated 8 stars energy efficient when you stick to straight heat pump operation, but if you are pressed for time, you have option to select hybrid/heat boost function, which adds extra heat from conventional electric element to get job done quickly. In this mode it functions like fan heater, supplementing the heat pump to reduce drying time, but at reduced energy efficiency.

Inal

Revision to previous comment on reverse tumble action.

After observation and consideration of the periodic halts to forward rotation and the brief reverse of drum rotation.

I think this short pause and incomplete reverse rotation, is actually a program step, when the dryer measures the progress of drying of contents. Most of these types of dryers have some means of sensing the degree of drying / remaining moisture, sometimes via sensors built into drum paddles, requiring a set period of contact to compare reading against set point reference settings in control program.

Rooster girl

Thanks again, I have bought one

Rooster girl

Can this dryer be wall mounted?

Inal

No, due to weight of unit.

It can be stacked upon a similar sized front load washer with a stacking mat, between for ventilation. I got mine delivered with the mat from Appliances Online to sit on top of my Miele front loader washer.

I don't know if it would be advisable to sit a heavier appliance on top of a lighter one, for safety reasons. In my situation the washer was heavier than the heat pump dryer, so OK.

Cleanfreak72
Cleanfreak72

Hi Roostergirl, how are you finding the machine?

Get an answer from our members and Beko representatives